'HOPE' - A Tale of Survival

Probably best if you avoid fratricide if at all possible, Oz.

Sorry for the delay in the posting, guys. Exams are a bitch.

Also...

[size=+3]QUICK REMINDER; IF YOU HAVEN'T POSTED IN THE IC THREAD BY THIS FRIDAY IT'LL BE ASSUMED THAT YOUR CHARACTER IS NOT WITH THE GROUP.[/size] Which means you will need to meet up with them later on in the story.

So get your posts in if you haven't already, people.

For the record I had just been waiting for Ozzie to post before making our little portion of segment move on.

I'll be posting just a bit later as well.

*Lurks nearby, sad that he could not join.*

This should be very very interesting, so I'm watching. Until the point where I can join in as a not so attractive person.

Sorry for the delay in posting, guys; just finished my exams and have been ill as fuck the last day or so.

But yesh, business time. Here's how things are:

• Mister Moore has a shotgun, and is upset about the fact that Harry's just tried to rob him; if you try and rush him he'll probably start killing people
  • The shot he's fired off has drawn the attention of the undead (to clarify, we're running with classic Romero zombies; pretty slow-moving, hard to kill bastards); they are approaching the station with the intention of EATING ALL THE THINGS (and by things I mean us)

So yes, get creative. Your challenge is to concoct a way to get out of this situation without being shot or eaten. If you want to discuss this in the OOC please be my guest.

If you've not posted yet I'm afraid you're going to need to wait until later in the story to get involved. I'm going to assume that only the people who've posted in the IC so far are with the group at the moment.

GOOD LUCK GUIZ.

Iliana List.

1.) Grumpy, get better. Please. If not I will have to assume you are turning into one of 'them.'

2.) I knew it. *note above OOC post*

3.) Drew will most likely be spasing out about the upcoming zombies, seeing as though he is in the store with the shot gun man at the same time. And since Harry already made him feel all...son like...he'll be in a pretty bad way. So expect a lot of tripping and falling over shit.

Where is Kelly when you need him!? D8<

Anyway, Kelly I think needs to be given the gun that Tony Has, level the playing field out I think, also, someone needs to come behind mister fat ass and knock him out! He's trying to make them over pay and kill them, more than enough of a reason for him to be made into zombie feed. We'll use his body as a distraction, tie him to something far away from the gas station as we raid the fucking place. Then leave with as much as the bus can hold.

Quick question though, is the a city bus, charter bus or school bus? I'm just asking because I know charter buses have under storage for luggage so we can fill that area with lots of stuff. If not, then I assume a city bus? Either way, if the zombies are as slow as I think they are, we might have enough time to raid the gas station and get the fuck out of there before we face the zombies! or at least all be on the bus so Harry can drive over them >8D

Also, maybe we can use more as bait? hold off the zombies longer while we get more supplies. It's a dick move I know and naturally I think my character will feel guilt about it, but the guy pulled out a gun on them and tried to prevent them from getting supplies. The want of the few is less than the survival of the many!

What if Harry takes moore down and then they use him as bait without telling the others, just telling a few people to grab supplies so everyone doesnt know about it. Theres younger people on the bus who shouldnt be notified about everything and say that the gun shot was a stupid mistake and that they had to grab a bunch of stuff and get away as fast and far as possible?

Dave could probably climb onto the bus and then onto the gas station itself and find a way to get behind Moore, or he may just keep Kit from looking out the window in case things got ugly.

Hold on. Kinda just thought about it.

Firstly, let's be logical. The man has a shot gun and he is an angry angry man. We have his shit and he clearly said he would blast us all to bits if we don't drop it. Considering how close we are to him and the range a shot gun could reach, I say Kelly, Drew, Gail, and Harry do what the fuck he says. We have to become his bitches for a while at least, because it's obvious he's not there for an argument.

Now, I can't say anything about the other people on the bus, but to sneak behind him would be risky. Risky as hell. You would have to exit out of the back and just complicate shit up. Kelly's talking to the guy is as good a plan as any. Reason with him first. If Moores doesn't buy it or if another plan has arisen, I say Kelly, Drew, Gail, and Harry stay the fuck put.

It's up to everyone else to figure something out. But I REALLY don't like the idea of using the handgun shot against one man, a living one at that. :/

Here's my logic. Guy, all tatted up with long hair, the whole nine yards, INCLUDING orange prison jumpers (so is it ten yards?), accused of stealing by a man who has a gun. Already, Kelly doesn't look like the sort anyone would trust (no offense) so, If I were Mr. Moores, I would shoot him soon as he started talking, given the situation. Also, the idea of using his body as bait, after they deal with him, if they decide to, then they should move it several thousand metres away and shoot off some rounds over there, to draw away the infected. Least, that's what I would do.

Remember that kelly wasn't in the store when the stealing began, and had been the most reasonable with the store clerk.

I would leave that katana on the bus as it wouldn't be easy to hide, plus in almost any situation one were to see it, that would certainly raise a brow in suspicion. Not the thing to force onto a shotgun toting diabetic who seriously needs a bowl of vanilla ice cream to chill out. I say we leave it to Kit and let her debate him into submission unless some can come up with a reasonable way to talk Moore down, or take him down. I can guarantee Moore will clip someone should he get attacked head on.

We could wait until the zombies show up, see what Moore thinks of that. Although he probably would blame us for their arrival and maybe just shoot at us anyway.

I agree about the shooting Moore thing, I think in reality anyone who isn't already trigger happy would be reluctant to shoot a human in this situation. After all, it's us humans against them zombies. Moore has some kind of reason to be bringing a gun out on us, he got slugged and we're 'robbing' him. The more realistic things to do would be, I think, to give him a face full of glass, risky as it is, try to talk him down, or just back off. Having a gun pointed at us at this point isn't enough to inspire our gang into mortal violence against living human beings just yet, might not happen until we all get to know each other better and tune our brains onto the same wavelength to the 'It's Us Or Them' station.

Then again there's that thing about the zombies. I wonder if when Moore sees the zombies will he shoot at them, or us? Or perhaps a zombie will sneak up on Moore and he won't believe us when we tell him there's something behind him....

S'all good. I just started a new job and am getting used to the hours. Grumps, let me know when I can crash a car into your bus.

Perhaps we could just wait for Moore to suffer from multiple carotid arteries. I mean.. hell... look at him!

Jumi! Stop making the story easy! D:

Yo, Effort, doubt that the zombie could sneak up on him. Wouldn't they have to sneak past us first? Which direction are these zombies coming from anyway? I assumed behind us and a shot gun guy in front of us. THE ULTIMATE CATCH 22.

Grumpy, you sly fuck, you.

I don't know, maybe a back door in the gas station was left open? Zombies are notorious for exploiting doors and windows.