4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Welcome

My name is Molli, I'm 23, and I love anime, drawing, and RP! I live in the EST timezone, and am usually on in the evenings since I work during the day. The ideas I'm craving range from kinda niche to ultra-deluxe niche. If you like Homestuck, magical girls, RWBY, or Honkai Impact, read on!

Rules

1. I will only RP with partners who are 18 or older.
  2. Post length and frequency... depends. I can do rapid-fire short posts for hours at a time, or I can post 2-4 quality paragraphs once or twice a day (or further apart). We can talk about it before we start RPing.
  3. I play multiple characters per RP pretty much exclusively. I don't like only playing one character. However, we don't have to start out at maximum capacity; we can each introduce a character initially and then add more later.
  4. I prefer playing women, but can play guys as well. F/F and M/F ships are cool - and I've never done M/M before, but I'd be willing to try it!

Plots

--ocs only // 4, 6, or 8 protagonists--
Some internet friends play a game together. It ends the world, and the friends find themselves in the Incipisphere, with their homes on different planets. The goal is to grow strong enough to defeat the Kingdom of Darkness by exploring and completing their planetary quests.
It's like Homestuck, but simpler. Created because I've wanted to RP a standard Sburb session for the longest time, but it's been so long since I've read Homestuck that certain things are lost for me. Here's what's the same in this RP:

• The God Tiers/classpect system, with a healthy helping of aesthetic like this and this (note: I would say I have a good-to-extensive understanding of classpect. I'm willing to discuss differing ideas about it, but if you are not confident in your own understanding of classpect, this isn't the RP for you.)
  • Alchemizing weapons and items
  • The Echeladder/God Tiers
  • Dying on your Quest Bed/Sacrificial Slab
  • Derse/Prospit dreamselves
  • The Derse/Prospit war
  • Kernelsprites
  • Strife Specibi and Sylladex/Fetch Modi
  • Lands, denizens, underlings, and build grist
  • The four-letter name rule/six- or seven-letter surname rule

Here's what's missing:

• Server/client player system
  • Much of the Phernalia Registry
  • Ectobiology (willing to negotiate on this if someone can refresh me on how it works)
  • Gendered God Tiers (e.g. female Bards and male Maids can be a thing in this RP. We can discuss if we want to rename gendered classes if the need arises.)
  • Trolls

Other notes:

• Anime aesthetic rather than Homestuck-style aesthetic.
  • I'd like the starting age of the characters to be 16ish rather than 13.
  • I am open to suggestions for shenanigans that would make this a non-standard Sburb session.

If you're excited to warp into the Incipisphere and get questing, hit me up! And feel free to ask me any questions you need to about how this all comes together.
Player
Name:
Nora McBride
Interests: Graffiti, hairstyling, free verse poetry
Appearance:
mPJWPs0.jpg

Screen name: bombersElegy
Typing quirk/color:

Simple sentences. Often fragments. No use of commas. Just separate sentences. Proper capitalization and punctuation are paramount.

Rarely satisfied with what she wrote.
She often writes a few lines after.
Simpler. Cleaner. More concise.
Yet there's more.
Strife Specibus: Aerosolkind

Fetch Modus: Sparse modus - Signified by an ivory Sylladex with matching cards. Intersecting lines of Captchalogue cards, most blank and some used. Only cards adjacent to the last-used item (excluding blank cards) can be retrieved. If the number of used cards equals or exceeds the number of blank cards, everything falls out. It's not easy to use, but Nora likes it because it keeps her from becoming encumbered with too many items.

Guardian: Sis, a graduate student of psychology and professor at the local university. Sis raised Nora after their parents died. While she can't spend as much time with Nora as she'd like, she does try to ask questions and understand Nora's life. She's unimpressed with Nora's choice of hobbies, but doesn't restrict her from them.
Home description: A ground-floor, two-bedroom apartment with little breathing room between the building and the streets. Inside is cluttered with dirty laundry and Sis's notes, except for Nora's room. Nora is always trying to organize and downsize her room, but there always seems to be more stuff. Artwork is hung in neat rows on the walls, and several practice wigs rest on stands on her desk. (Most of the wigs would be in passable styles if they weren't so ridiculously short.) She keeps her sketchbook under her pillow.
Home location: A major metropolitan area of a traffic-clogged city.
Other: Perpetual bags under her eyes. Her usual drawings are of men whose bodies have plant and/or animal characteristics, but in an abstract-leaning style, with either minimal or extremely varied color palettes. (She can't decide which one she prefers.) Many pages of her sketchbook (and previous sketchbooks) are taken up by repeats of the same drawing, though with something big or small changed in each iteration.

God Tier: Prince of Space
(Note: I would prefer to make lands for my partner's characters, and vice versa. Land exploration will be more fun if we're playing a character in a land we didn't also make. Of course, we can take a more collaborative approach, but I think it's best if one player has the bulk of the knowledge about the other's land. Anyway, this is a sample land for a Thief of Hope, meant to display the level of complexity I'd like to see in planets.)

Name: Land of Mountains and Glitter (LOMAG)
Description: A green, treacherous landscape. Trees grow over the crags and peaks, sometimes sticking out at impossible angles, and the valleys, plateaus, and ravines are abundant. The treasure within them is only visible in the dark of night - golden crystal clusters, incandescent and glittering like the stars. The planet's consorts will scale sheer cliffs and climb behind waterfalls for these clusters. They trade the crystals among themselves; the golden clusters are worth more in their economy than most barter materials. The more elaborate and sparkly the cluster, the better - they can use the crystals to fund the growth of their villages, their dreams, anything they want.
What the consorts don't notice is that the ground is shifting. First, there are only quick tremors. But as time passes, it seems apparent that the consorts' villages are right over a fault line. A fault line that is soon to produce more and more violent quakes. A fault line from which shadowy creatures climb out, to prey on the consorts. The consorts aren't concerned about this at all, though. They act as though as long as they pursue their glitter clusters, everything will be fine.
Someone has to take their hope, and direct it towards a goal that's not in the consorts' vision.
The Thief's quest is to find out the secrets of the crystals by taking them, and use hope to lead the consorts to safety!
Denizen: Ate, Greek goddess of delusion, infatuation, and recklessness

Features:
Cavern of Dawn
Light pours out of this cave's mouth at night. A glitter cluster the size of a house is inside. But due to the steep, spiraling downward slopes within, the poisonous stalactites, and hazardous cave creatures, nobody who enters has returned with even a speck of gold.
Shrines of the Peaks
The consorts' legends speak of a thief who can collect any and all of the glitter clusters. Offerings to this thief - intricately carved glitter clusters, set with feathers and jewels - are placed in simple shrines. The shrines lie at the most perilous areas of the mountains, such that they make one wonder how the consorts got there to begin with.

Legendary items:
Phoenix-Forged Dagger
A red-gold dagger with a winged hilt. It is made of impossibly strong igneous rock, and located precariously close to the faultline. It has a hollow cavity in which one can insert a piece of glitter cluster. This will cause the dagger to glow white-hot, and become the ideal weapon against the creatures from the faultline.
Leap of Faith
A thick, white braided rope with a climbing hook on the end. It can extend past its usual length to reach incredible heights, and contract to become as taut as one needs for a given climb. It is located on a snow-capped peak above the tallest waterfall.

(Note: Lands can include minibosses and special events as well, but I've been writing this example for a while and I'm not looking to overwhelm any readers. RIP.)

--ocs only / 4 protagonists--
Over and over again, the world has ended and been reborn, cycling through the elements - in quakes, in ice, and now, in flames. After the firestorms, a landscape of steel, tech, and junk rose from the ashes, at least in Tokyo. It's run by magical gangs, techno cults, supernatural evil, and of course, people trying to make their way. It's a twisted place, an Iron Tokyo, but if you look, you can find a home, friendship, love, and hope.

A handful of young adults are particularly important to bringing hope to Iron Tokyo, and ultimately, restoring balance to the world - they are five Heirs of Disaster, teenagers who can transform into magical warriors wielding the power of natural disasters. They have reincarnated over many generations, and have been reborn after the most recent apocalypse to shape the world with their powers, whether they their power is earthquakes, fire, water, or plague.

After every apocalypse, one Heir of Disaster cycles into the highest position of power, known as a Disaster Prince or Princess. The current Prince/ss is the Heir of Disaster who controls tech, who could control Iron Tokyo like clay in their hand. But nobody knows where or who they are.

The four remaining Heirs must find one another, and learn to work together. Once they've united, they can confront the factions that wrack Iron Tokyo, find the Prince/ss, and bring peace to their world by helping people. And of course, they need to survive in Iron Tokyo. Will they find a way back? A way forward? And at what cost?
ID
Name: Haru Kakinuma
Name significance: Kakinuma - persimmon swamp; haru - spring
Disaster: Plague
Look
Hair: Hip-length auburn hair with a slight wave. Haru wears her bangs sideswept. She uses whatever she can find to tie the length of her hair around her shoulders in two low, loose ponytails.
Eyes: A gentle shade of dark, rosy brown. Her lashes are wreathed in thick black mascara.
Build: Short but shapely. She stands at 5'3'' (160 cm), and has a narrow frame. She carries a little fat on her, but her curves are conventionally attractive.
Clothes and affectations: Haru always appears to be wearing one floaty, old-fashioned nightgown or another over a worn shirt and skirt. Beneath black hosiery, beat-up, cream-colored rocking horse shoes are tied onto her feet. Her nightgowns' usual colors are pinks and purples.
Others: Haru loves makeup, as scarce as it currently is. She has a tube of satiny pink lip gloss that she usually wears, as well as mascara. Also, her voice sounds a lot like Mami Tomoe's.

Psyche
Goals: To learn more about the Heirs of Disaster and where they might be, so she can protect her found family better. Oh, and to scrounge up more creature comforts, such as instant food, makeup, and stuffed animals, to share and take the edge off of life.
Personality: Haru is generous, nurturing, and optimistic. She plays no games, and has a plain way of speaking. Idealistic to a fault, she wants everyone around her to feel beautiful and happy, and has a knack for comforting others. She also has a special appreciation for material comforts, like soft fabrics and savory croquettes, and loves to share those comforts with others. Still, that effusive nature isn't always shared, and when it isn't, Haru is extremely sensitive to rejection. Because of this, she's also scared of upsetting people or rocking the boat.
Favorite gemstone: Sugilite
Favorite color: Dark purple
Favorite meal: Anything fried, especially potato croquettes
Life
Home: "Lucky Gardens" is what several girls dubbed two basement floors of a museum (everything above these floors was reduced to ashes). The entire B2F is a bomb shelter, and the floor above it has amenities the maintenance workers used to enjoy, such as a kitchen, a shower, and two laundry machines. Several girls live here, including Haru and her sister, and they have brought comfy blankets and other things to make the place more livable. A greenhouse, untouched by the fires and hard-won by the girls, is nearby.
Family: Momoe Kakinuma (sister, 14). Takuto Kakinuma (father, 44, missing). Meroko Kakinuma (mother, 43, missing).
Activities: Guarding and tending to vegetables in the greenhouse. Making traps for home defense. Going to the cooking club at the newly-founded school. Trying on makeup and fancy clothes.
History: Haru and Momoe used to live with their parents, who were rebuilding and running an apartment complex. One day, their parents left for some sort of negotiation and never came back. As supplies ran dry and new rules replaced the old, social relations began to break down, and the apartment complex fell into chaos. Haru ran away with Momoe and some remaining supplies. They eventually made it to Lucky Gardens, where an older girl let them in in exchange for their supplies. That was five years ago. Momoe is sure their parents were murdered and wants revenge, but Haru believes it's a futile wish: it was a long time ago, and they have no way of even knowing the truth.

Disaster
Battle Style: Poison Butterfly. Haru flits from enemy to enemy, sowing some discord here and some destruction there before blasting away. She's good at crowd control and can lead enemies around, but her actual damage isn't that high.
Weapon: Two lilac-colored cannons mounted on her wrists. The barrels are on the outer edges. Their ammo is small canister-shaped grenades, some filled with fungal spores and others simply explosive. The spores Haru can use include:

_Purple damage over time
_Green limb stiffness
_Orange drowsiness
While the cannons normally fire grenades, they also have a "damp mode" that allows Haru to safely use propel herself through the air using explosions and recoil.
Accessory: A clear lilac veil whose left and right edges appear to fade into flower petals. The visor helps her aim by locking onto targets. It also displays combat attributes of locked-on enemies, so she can tell which tactics will be most effective against them.

Attacks
Butterfly Fusillade: Haru spins once before bending down to touch her hand to her forehead, quickly amassing small groupings of glassy purple "butterflies" made of toxic crystals and bacteria. She thrusts her hand out to fire the attack, and the butterflies fly forward at their target en masse, shattering into poisonous shards on impact.
Caustic Infloresce: Missing data.
Bioflare: Missing data.
Diaphanous Rot: Missing data.
Miasma Bomb: Missing data.

Latent Powers
Wilt: Haru can drain energy from nearby plants and mushrooms, causing them to wilt and die as she powers up.
Spore: Haru can cause little clusters of mushrooms to grow from the ground, even on this scorched and barren terrain. Without sufficient food, they will die, but Haru will always jokingly say it's a feat that she created them to begin with.
Haze Eater: When germs or poisonous organic compounds are in the air (such as when Haru is in a room full of sick people), Haru will passively gain energy from them and be immune to their effects.
Outfit color: Sugilite

--oc x oc / 4 protagonists--
Kuchinashi, an outlying territory of Mistral, needed more Huntsmen than Mistral could spare. So the city made its own unofficial academy. They enlisted older Huntsmen, soldiers, and certain unlicensed figures as faculty, and converted a nature center and hotel to be used as school grounds and dorms. This makeshift school, Vanguard Academy, will take on most anyone willing to learn - provided that they are of age and can fight their way through team selection. This story is about the adventures of one particular team.

Speaking of adventures, there's a reason Mistral can't fully protect its outlying territories. Aside from Grimm, Mistral is contending with a new group of enemies - a group called the Shaders, who has been vandalizing and robbing establishments, and abducting Mistral citizens. The Shaders eventually become a problem for Kuchinashi as well. What do they want? How will the new Huntsmen and Huntresses stop them?

Character Subplots
Each pair of partners has their own subplot.

--burnt
Muse A and Muse B were childhood friends, until Muse A discovered their semblance while the two were sparring - Muse A causes explosions, and not knowing their own capabilities, ignited Muse B's body while their aura was low. Muse B was left with permanent scarring and a hospital stay, but that's not the part that made them angry. It's how Muse A stopped being their friend after the apologetic hospital visit - said goodbye and faded away.

Five years later, Muse A and Muse B become partners during team selection at Vanguard Academy. Muse A must move forward and confront their guilt, and Muse B must deal with their anger and resentment, or the team won't be able to function.
I would like to play Muse A.

--dear
Muse C and Muse D have never met prior to getting placed on the same team, but find it easy to get along with one another. Eventually, Muse C reveals the secret she's kept - last year, she was infected by a disease-type Grimm. It attacks her joints and causes chronic pain, in addition to occasional ill-timed pain spikes. Untreated, it kills its victims within three years. The only known cure is a fire dust injection that leaves affected joints unusable, but in theory, a silver-eyed warrior could vanquish the disease. Muse C has come to the Academy in hopes of finding a silver-eyed warrior.

Muse D is willing to help care for Muse C, but later in the year, Muse C isn't the only one who's sick. Muse D is afflicted with a mental condition - trauma, depression, or something similarly serious - and the weight of that is becoming clear. Can Muse C and Muse D find a way to heal?
I would like to play Muse C, and I have already created a character for this role. (Check the spoiler below.)

Others
I'd like each of us to play secondary characters as needed, including NPCs and villains. If it feels right, the secondary characters might even be promoted to main ones. I'd also be cool with creating a second team that plays a supporting role to the one above. However, considering that two teams means four characters apiece, it's not essential at all.

ID
Species: Rabbit faunus
Appearance:
sQ0G2eT.jpg

Voice: x

Equipment
Jayas: Her weapons. They resemble an odachi, a katana, and a kodachi. The odachi and katana's edges are loaded with wind dust on the edges, for air-slicing slashes, and the kodachi is loaded with lightning dust, for short electrified stabs.
Composition Book: Filled with diagrams and neat paragraphs on various topics - architecture, geography, combat, medical science.

Abilities
Ice Will: Self-confidence, perseverance, taking charge.
Shadow Walk: Sneaking around, eavesdropping, moving silently.
Investigator: Noticing clues, researching, and digging up information.
Warnings: Her semblance - lotus-shaped glyphs that can be cast onto objects. Their effects activate after 3 seconds, or when Padma mentally triggers them, whichever comes last.
- Grapple Warning: pulls her towards the target. Pale pink.
- Bleed Warning: passively increases damage the target takes from subsequent attacks. Rose quartz.
- Bomb Warning: creates an air explosion. The longer she waits to activate it, the more powerful the explosion is. Magenta.
- Unknown warning: she once cast a deep-pink warning, but her aura ran out before she could activate it.
Petal System: Padma's fighting style. Carefully placed strikes, planned patterns of warnings, pulling back to analyze.

Weaknesses
My Way or the Highway: Demanding, dismissive, arrogant. Has only gotten worse since the onset of her illness.
Timebound: Needs to plan, bad at surprises, poor improvisor
Atrophy: Constantly aching joints, occasional poorly-timed pain spikes that debilitate her

Bio
Padma was born in Kuchinashi, to the faunus mistress of a human doctor. She spent her childhood not knowing him, believing he was a soldier who'd left her mother. Mom was actually blackmailing him into financially supporting them. The two never lacked materially, but because Kuchinashi was poorly defended, she still grew up learning to fight.

She started making the connection when she was a young teenager. After she got her father's name from some financial documents, she snuck into his office to find him. When she introduced herself as his daughter and asked what had happened, he said she reminded him of her whore of a mother and that he wanted her to leave.

Padma had planned for him to say that, but not for how she'd be feeling. After security dragged her out, she would carry the rejection with her all her life - not just as a memory, but in the form of a pain-attracted Grimm that infected her body. Padma learned over the next month that she'd contracted Black Frost. A disease-type Grimm had taken up residence in her body to attack her joints; they were starting to turn black at the skin, and ached incessantly. Her research told her the illness progressed over 1-3 years, culminating in the patient's joints permanently separating and the patient being consumed from inside out. Treatment beyond pain management was prohibitively expensive, and the only known cure was a fire dust injection that often left affected joints unusable.

The young woman wasn't going to end up unable to fight for herself. She made up her mind to search for a silver-eyed warrior, capable of vanquishing Grimm with a single look. It was a long shot; if she could find one willing to treat her, there was no guarantee they'd even be able. However, Padma was going to make it, or die trying to get well. This is why she's come to the Academy - because a place like that would attract silver-eyed warriors.

--oc x oc and/or canon x oc / 4 protagonists / female main cast required--
OC Valkyries at St. Freya's. I don't have a specific plot for this, but I am open to discussion about it. If you're interested in RPing it with me, I'll probably get really excited about anything we dream up, because it's an obscure fandom I rarely get to RP.

wsAABKA.jpg

Name: Blondine "Blondie" Blake
Height: 5'6''
Voice: x
Nationality: Canadian

Personality: She says she became a Valkyrie for the thrill of it, and people believe her. Blondie is a decisive force of personality, who will fight anything as long as it's fun - she's confident to the point of brashness, enjoys every second showing off on the battlefield, and doesn't know her own limits. Or does she? It could be said that in and out of battle, Blondie gets too caught up in her own momentum and can't slow down. As a person, she can intimidate others, or come off as full of hot air. She is also insecure about how she can't take as many hits as other Valkyries, which leads her to compensate by playing up how tough she is as a person or how brutal she is as a Valkyrie.

Underneath the bravado, Blondie is as lonely as the other Valkyries. She knows what she's compensating for, and because of that, she approaches social situations with empathy and kindness (after she's strutted her stuff). She tends to take a "little sister" persona to the other girls - the cavalry that charges in first, and the one people have to protect, but also, the one motivated to succeed because she's been the underdog before. The real reason Blondie became a Valkyrie is that she feels like she has to make up for her parents' failure - she can't let people go unprotected.

Bio: As the child of a Schicksal captain and doctor, Blondie was practically born into the organization. She rebelled against the idea of becoming another cog in Otto's machine (not knowing the extent of his plans, but seeing him as "the boss"). Still, she always admired the brave young women fighting Honkai in the field. The turning point for her was when her parents' battleship crashed in a dogfight with Anti-Entropy - they lived, but civilians were killed in the impact. Blondie couldn't accept that it was her parents' "mistake." She enrolled in St. Freya's to become a Valkyrie, so she could protect people instead of sit on the sidelines watching them die.

Weapon: A labrys, or double-sided axe. Blondie uses it for grand, sweeping attacks.
Stigmata: Goethe, depicted as a serious-looking girl clad in a black dress, with a dozen cluttered books floating in the air around her. If Blondie takes an attack that depletes more than 15% of her HP, her attack speed increases to breakneck, and her attacks gain the chance to bleed enemies.
Battlesuit: Dark Nimbus, depicted - impair, knock airborne, time fracture

Thank You!

If you've read this far, I appreciate it! Thanks for looking over my search. If any plots have caught your fancy, please drop me a PM and don't comment on this thread. I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited: