Homesickness feels & deals

L

Lonely Angel

Original poster
So Ill be going to a convention with my friends and school club this weekend. We leave Thursday and get back Sunday. I'm super excited to go, but I'm also kinda worried I might get homesick. In all my 23 years I've never stayed away from home without another family member there with me. I know it sounds kinda pathetic but it's true and I don't want to freak out my friends. I have a long history of being very sensitive to changes. So I was wondering if anyone here's felt homesick before, and if so, how did you handle it?

I'd just bring something that's always been at your home before! I know I do. I'm currently in the process of moving and I'm already missing my old home so when I feel kinda sad I go to sleep with my blanket that I brought. I don't know what you have but maybe a small trinket or anything really that reminds you of your home and yeah use it to comfort you!

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
I agree, bring something that reminds you of home. I'm homesick everyday because I live away from the people and places I'm familiar to. :[ When I need some cheering up, I hug one of the old teddies my mom got me when I was little, or I look at some photographs of my siblings! It never hurts to text/call, too. If you got a cell phone on you with texting, send a greeting to your loved ones now and then. :3 If anyone gives you a hard time for it, tell them to back off.

Oh, also, if you have a portable music player, bring that too? (Unless you fear it being stolen.) Music is good for soothing homesickness. As is reading. Anything that can distract you from the feels, you know? Good luck!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person