Home on the Wastes (A Post-Apocalyptic RP, See inside for details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote somewhere in Canada. I live in Minnesota and so am somewhat familiar with weather and geography. Not opposed to other suggestions however.

Ok so character sheets?

I'm up for Canada. It's somethin different, ya know?

EDIT: I think for a second character I'll go for entertainer. XD

Hmm... Either a lot of Canada love, or we've got some secret Canucks in our midst.

Kidding, but glad to see people are voting.

And @kimsim12, what kind of entertainer are you thinking of?

Probably prostitute in all honesty. Cause that's always an interesting archetype to play with. Hm...maybe I could do a brother/sister combo with one being the adviser and one being the prostitute? Now THAT would yield fascinating results xD

Canada would be pretty cool, especially because of all the mutated animals and weather anomalies that would probably pop up. I'm thinking of a Wasteborn scavenger as my main, not too sure if I can keep up with two characters though.

Probably prostitute in all honesty. Cause that's always an interesting archetype to play with. Hm...maybe I could do a brother/sister combo with one being the adviser and one being the prostitute? Now THAT would yield fascinating results xD

Oooh, interesting!

Canada would be pretty cool, especially because of all the mutated animals and weather anomalies that would probably pop up. I'm thinking of a Wasteborn scavenger as my main, not too sure if I can keep up with two characters though.

You don't have to play two characters, it's only an option if you want to have an additional role in the team.

Edit: Oh whoops, saw someone expressed interest in entertainer. Trader still sounds good though. [Unless I've missed someone else wanting that as well]

Edit: Oh whoops, saw someone expressed interest in entertainer. Trader still sounds good though. [Unless I've missed someone else wanting that as well]

You could be both, although we also have an entertainer. It would make sense that somebody would be able to juggle two jobs in the post-apocalypse ("You want some goods? Or the goods?"), but it's up to you. I won't get involved unless it becomes a serious issue, but I'm fine with it.

The only jobs that CANNOT be taken more then once (just yet) are the "Survivor's Crew" jobs. Anything below that is fair game for multiples (but we have to remember to not have 8 traders :3)

I mostly have just been itching to run the "Snake Oil Salesman" type of character. Could make for some fun encounters, say maybe they convince someone to buy something useless and it comes back to haunt them when their customer catches up with them. If not, it'd still be fun to play that sort of con-artist.

Or a completely legitimate merchant. Maybe not -as- fun, but still.

In any case, I don't want to step on any toes. I'll try to avoid a role if someone else has already expressed interest in it.

I'd say go with the 'snake oil' guy. It'll make for a fun character like you said and open the possibility of later encounters based off the actions of the past!

Alright, so it seems like the common area for starting is a Canadian province of some kind. If we're going this route, I'd say we should place it in Ontario since it's got more iconic locations we can transform into 'new cities', but also because it's close to the U.S. Border and has a fairly decent selection of wildlife we can choose to mutate and throw at our characters :3

Any objections to that?

Also, there will be four primary factions wherever we go, each one with their own merits and demerits. They won't really affect your character (unless you state he/she believes that one of them is better for the world/the country), but they will be struggling through a conflict that will affect our characters (and even force them to make a decision as to who they should assist/turn against).

Feel free to throw any ideas at me while we're here. I'm still working on the OoC (with the character sheets being my top priority ATM), so don't feel shy about pitching an idea either about the story or about the world. Or if you feel the need to ask questions, go for it!

Reactions: LVL1337N00B and Rae
The mutations and ish are what I'm excited about though the politics involved in dealing with factions is interesting too! So I'm pretty pumped for this still.

FYI, the OoC thread should be up sometime this weekend ^^

Reactions: Rampant
I'm just going to squeeze myself into the thread here*

If I didn't miss any posts I've gathered that Muscle/Fighter person is still wide open and I'd very much love to shove myself in there.

Also since suggestions for the *others are still up, you think a Scout would be a good idea? Always wanted to play that dispensable guy who the leader sends in advance to see if the area is clear.

I'm just going to squeeze myself into the thread here*

If I didn't miss any posts I've gathered that Muscle/Fighter person is still wide open and I'd very much love to shove myself in there.

Also since suggestions for the *others are still up, you think a Scout would be a good idea? Always wanted to play that dispensable guy who the leader sends in advance to see if the area is clear.

Sure, we could use a scout!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Rae
@mr_pibbs - Sounds like a good idea, if you want to see what quality of writing to expect from applicants.

I shall have the OoC finished for tomorrow! ^^

Is it still room to join this RP? It seems kind of full, but I'd love to join.

I'm interested in the gunner/mercenary role, though since I noticed someone voicing interest in that one already I'd be obliged to take on any role that's open. My initial idea was that I would play a rugged wastelander as a mercenary, whom has taken it upon himself to train and protect an adolescent girl, taking the role of the dad she never had. She would be classed as a tag-along, with no real skills to supplement the survivors with.

Sure, we're still open! You can always take the role of a 'Wastelander' or a second Gunner/Mercenary if you want, we can have multiples.

I'm super interested in joining! Any open spots left?

Status
Not open for further replies.