After a moment of reluctance, he decided to scoot closer to Oliver to rest his head neatly on the other ghost’s lap. He wanted affection but he didn’t want to ask for too much, nor did he want too much. He was strange when it came to receiving affection as well so it often was a cautious action.

“... what season of Friends are we on?” He asked, desperate to change the topic a bit. “Maybe we can focus on something positive for a little bit b-because... everyone is making me mad right now,” he murmured, sniffling. “I want to do something fun.”

At one point, this was all Oliver had ever wanted; some affection without Nyle being around to interrupt the moment. He had had a crush on Leo and, if he was honest, it was probably as strong as ever. He had made a move and been rejected for it but that didn't mean his feelings automatically disappeared. If anything, they grew stronger.

But he wasn't an asshole. He had a chance to make another move, now Nyle wasn't around as often and might not come around for a long time if his threat to move away was acted upon. Oliver had every opportunity to take advantage of that situation, but he knew he'd ultimately feel horrible for doing so. Leo had gone through a lot and he needed a friend, not Oliver trying to kiss him again... even if the proximity was hard to deal with without growing bashful.

"So, uh... I dunno. Season 6 maybe? I'm not good at remembering that shit. We can just watch a movie instead; a comedy, maybe? Cheer you up a bit."

“I think that’s a good idea,” he replied quietly though made no effort to turn his head and face the laptop. Just the sound would cheer him up and anything was better than nothing as he obliviously closed his eyes while accepting the subtle affection.

“We don’t need anyone else, right? We’ll be here long after these humans die - hopefully somewhere else- so it’s not like we’ll have to deal with them forever. Plus time feels... weird, you know? So maybe it’ll feel faster than it really is.”

"I guess not, no. Just-- Nyle will come back and you need him. You clearly need him so... don't just abandon the idea. I think he was just saying stupid shit in the heat of the moment, so... he'll come back and then it'll be us three and Bitters, and that's all we need. Obviously, being a third wheel isn't great, but maybe I'll meet some cute guy or girl and date them. It's not impossible that they'd like me; Nyle fell in love with you despite knowing you were, y'know, dead," he murmured to himself, locking his eyes onto the screen with a faint frown. The thought of spending eternity alone -at least romantically alone- was something he dreaded. He had no doubt Nyle would return, which put end to his idea of dating Leo, so who else could he date? Any chance of even meeting someone and having them talk to him without freaking out was slim when he had a bullet wound in his forehead.

"God, this is sad. Can't we go downstairs and watch TV now? It's late. Tina and her husband are probably gonna head to bed. I want a cup of coffee and some more cookies. It's what I always did at night. I'd have a coffee and some snacks and chill out and... and that's what I want to do, Leo. It's your house, you... we need to remind that couple that this isn't their place."

“I’ll go down there if you come with me?” He replied with a small smile, his eyes looking up at the other. “I... don’t want to go down there alone. What’s-her-name said she would leave us alone but the other one might not, right?” He reminded, though moved to get up nonetheless.

“Those cookies tasted wonderful I’m sure, aha... that’s one thing I miss a lot, actually. I didn’t really eat much because I have a texture problem with some things but... but I could at least taste some stuff. I also wish I could go outside, just for a little bit. Go on a walk or something, yeah?”

"What, Bruce? Nah, he's cool. I like him more than Tina-- though she's kinda sweet, after the cookie thing. Bruce is fine, he'll leave us alone, I'm sure. He seems awkward, you know? Like, when we were throwing their stuff about and confronting them, he wasn't exactly assertive or confident, was he? Poor guy looked like he was in tears," the spirit snorted, though what he had once found funny was now starting to feel mean. The couple weren't the enemy, he knew that. He had reasons to dislike them, sure, but he also knew that they were still people and they could be a lot worse. They were willing to co-exist and share their belongings, which was a gesture they really didn't have to make.

"Outside sucks. I used to get hayfever a ton, never liked going outside. I guess I miss it, obviously, but... hey, don't go thinking about shit we can't do, Leo. It'll depress you - and me. I'm not a sad person, I like being optimistic, so... let's think about good stuff. Like how we'll be around forever and stay looking young and... and that's cool, yeah? And this house is cute. There are worse places to be stuck in."

“I’m sorry,” he replied quickly as he watched Bitters chirp and move to hop onto one of the beanbag chairs to sleep now that Leo has let him go. Stretching a bit, he offered a smile. “I’m just... mad at myself. I’ve had almost six years to really come to terms with my agoraphobia and now that I have no choice, I kind of wish I could have made more effort on feeling better,” he admitted quietly before slipping from the attic to the living room, albeit through invisibility in fear of either of the couple sneaking around.

“We should watch some ghost shows,” he suggested with a snort before heading to the couch, taking s seat with a pleasant nod in approval. “It’s comfy. I wish I could try my hands at home decorating. It would be horrible but I think it would be funny,” He babbled out.

"I don't think it'd be terrible. When they leave, we could order all sorts of stuff online and redecorate the place. I'd love my own room, decorate it like I did back home. I had those glow in the dark stars all over the ceiling, it was rad." Oliver grinned as he flopped down onto the couch beside him, his eyes surveying the room critically. The idea of decorating the place was never something he had considered, but now the idea was in his head, he couldn't help but get excited about it.

"I always loved those TV shows about home decorating and all that, you know? I always thought I'd be good at interior design and stuff-- it'll be fun! When those two leave, we should do that, Leo."

“I always loved those glow in the dark stars,” he admitted childishly as he sprawled his legs out on the leather, grabbing the remote to scroll through the channels. Having watched almost all that Netflix had to offer and with the urge of buying Hulu felt near, watching classic television was something he had missed.

“Could we do that? Put stars on all of the ceilings and everything?” He pleaded, offering an anxious smile. “I didn’t leave my room much so it would be nice to expand my stargazing to the kitchen. Plus they’re just cool, I dunno...”

"Dude, do you really think I'd say no to that? Fuck yeah we can, it'll remind me of home. If you're up to it, we could always ask them to order us some for the attic; it'll make it more cosy up there. I could ask Bruce," he suggested as he placed his feet up on the coffee table, his lips pursed together at the sound of the couple moving about upstairs as they prepared for bed. He had many reasons for disliking them, but he knew the main one only made him sound selfish, which was why he had failed to communicate it until now.

"...I mean, he's handsome, ain't he? Bruce, I mean. He's got that whole manly thing going on, that's pretty attractive. I bet he barbecues in the summer, does DIY around the house, fixes things up and all that. I'll ask him about the stars; gives me a chance to get close to him. He probably smells like pine and-- I dunno, manly stuff. I'm hardy manly, I wouldn't know," he shrugged, folding his arms across his chest and glancing at the TV to avoid Leo's eyes. "It's lonely, being stuck in here. Romantically lonely, I mean. You rejected me and you were kinda my only option-- so I'm kind of determined on this Bruce idea. If he locks eyes with me and wants to, like, make out with me, I won't reject it. I'm desperate, dude."

"He's a married man, Oliver!" Squeaked Leo in horror, though did let a smile slowly creep. After all, he wasn't against a little drama and mayhem every now and then as long as it didn't affect him. This wouldn't affect him personally, hopefully, so why not entertain the idea? Letting his eyes drift back to the ghost in question, he offered a snort in disbelief.

"Oh, don't put yourself down so much. You're more masculine than Nyle, so... that means something. He is very burly, though, isn't he? I mean, you could get close to him if you wanted to, couldn't you? Just go up there while they're sleeping and... I dunno, smell him? I mean, it isn't like he'll see you unless you want him to, right?" He suggested curiously.

"That's weird though, isn't it? Sneaking up there, invading their space like that. I dunno. I'll work my moves on him when his wife pisses off to do shopping or something. I'm not useless at flirting, I'm pretty good at it. Didn't work with you but you're obsessed and in love with Nyle, so-- which is fair. He's pretty masculine, dude. Not as much as me, but still," the other grinned as he glanced down at his biceps in approval. He had played sports his whole life, so he knew he could probably show the effects off a little around Bruce and see if he took any notice. If he did, then he could really work on flirting with him. He wasn't about to embarrass himself in front of someone who had held no attraction for him, so testing him out by flexing a bicep or two seemed a good way of seeing if there was a hint of attraction there.

"We'll see. I don't care if he's married. I'm bored and he's hot. There's not much else to it. Besides, do they even have sex? Do they even kiss, dude? Poor guy's probably as desperate as I am. I'm helping him out if anything," he declared coldly, his own grin rising at the hint of drama. Unlike Leo, he really didn't care if he was front and centre of it, assuming he got what he wanted from a situation. If he wanted Bruce and eventually got to have him, then why did he care if it caused trouble in the marriage? If anything, it might do him and Leo some good if Tina were to get upset and leave. There were far more positives than negatives to it all.

"I try not to listen," he admitted with a shrug, offering a dramatic 'ooh' to the muscles. He even offered to give it a squeeze at the flex before rolling his eyes. "See, I never really cared about having muscles. Sure, I personally like them on other guys but, like... I'm not physically smart but I am mentally intelligent, right? I had a girlfriend before I died, you know that? She... was a jerk looking back at it but still! Muscles aren't everything - and I didn't, like, use someone else's picture or anything. Just me." He proudly admitted before turning to face the television again.

"She had nice tits." He admitted simply, sighing. "Like, big ones. She was super curvy and squishy, it was nice. Never was a fan of thin girls, you know? Less to love. I guess I'm a bad person for having some weird standards. I like tough guys and soft girls, is that sexist?"

"Like hell did you have a girlfriend-- you did? One that looked like that, yeah?" He snorted with a brow raised, though the disbelief did fade in a mere few seconds when Leo failed to laugh to signal a lie. It wasn't that he thought Leo couldn't get someone like that. He had fancied Leo for a while so definitely saw the appeal, both in his appearance and his personality. His disbelief came more from the fact that the girlfriends he had had in the past didn't really live up to Leo's description of his ex and, admittedly, he was jealous of that.

"You've gotta show me pictures of her, you know that, right? I'm just curious is all. To see if she's as cute as you insist. I've had a few girlfriends; only dated girls when I was alive. May was probably the best I had, she was great," he admitted as he threw his arms along the couch behind him, regretting the decision to mention the girl he had once loved and ultimately treated like shit. The fact she was so hurt that she failed to even visit Leo, who she had struck up a friendship with, only made him feel guiltier.

"...Hey. I don't want you going after Bruce, okay? If tough guys are your thing, Bruce is probably right up your street-- but I'm not allowing that. I called dibs. You can have Nyle; he's tough and he's sensitive; got the best of both worlds right there."

"I don't like DILFs," he countered easily with a roll of his eyes before smiling at the memory of his ex. “She was beautiful, yeah. She was really pretty but she wasn't very nice, to be honest. I mean, I realize that looking back on it that she was pretty emotionally abusive I guess. She would get mad at me if I didn't reply to her immediately and she would threaten to kill herself because she thought I was cheating on her or something. It was exhausting but I would get really cute pics of her in like, really nice pictures. I don't know. It doesn't really matter - I checked her out recently and while she has the same sort of appearance, she has a husband and some kids. It's kind of heartbreaking but... I don't know. I'm getting a little better at getting over things," he admitted with a shrug before deciding to change the channel.

"Never got to see her face-to-face. She got mad at that, too - in the beginning, at least. I mean, you don't understand how difficult it was for me. I could have panic attacks when I went to the store of the cashier even looked at me. It was just... scary, you know? Like, what was going to happen? I could be hit by a car walking out of the store, or we could be nuked o-or something. I really only went out for food, nothing else. I feel better - better than I felt before, you know?"

"If you're such a lothario who manages to get all these good-looking people -not that I'm surprised, by the way-, I'm sure you can do it again; find a dating website and get talking to some beefy guy or whatever. If Nyle doesn't come back, you shouldn't dwell on it-- but I'm sure he'll be back. I know the guy; he and I spent months alone together. All he did was talk about you, so I'm sure one stupid argument isn't gonna ruin months of dating," he offered as supportively as he could, lightly nudging him to try and get a smile. He had gone through enough break-ups (and caused a majority of them) to know how bad it sucked, but he also knew he had never had anything like what Nyle and Leo had. If he had someone who loved him that deeply, or indeed loved them as deeply himself, he doubted he'd have broken up with any of them.

"...Besides, if he doesn't get back, you can improve on him. He's not perfect," he murmured, deciding to downplay Nyle's appearance a little. If he didn't come back, dropping in little remarks like that ought to help Leo move on, if only a little. "You could find someone else in no time; anyone would be glad to talk to you and send pictures and all that."

“If I can get someone, you can get someone in a heartbeat,” Leo reassured, laughing at the mere idea of Oliver not getting loads of girls and boys alike messaging him. Leo was a scrawny, pale kid who was slowly building up the social skills similar to a rock. His personality could be loosely considered ‘quirky’ at best and obnoxious at worst so for Oliver, who was a talk, buff and social person to even doubt the idea of finding someone immediately made him snort.

“I would love to set up a profile for you. You know, just in case your whole Bruce attempt fails horribly. I know you claim to be the type to get what he wants but don’t you think this might be a challenge even to difficult for you?”

"Are you honestly suggesting I'd fail? He ain't into his wife that much. I'm sure he loves her, just not romantically. And hell, even if he does, the dude could do with some fun at least. She seems like she'd be a fucking bore in the bedroom; she bores me half to death every day, god knows how he's managed," he muttered bitterly, his annoyance arriving at the insinuation that he'd somehow fail - and failure wasn't something he was used to. The only real time he had failed to get someone he liked was with Leo, so if he failed with Bruce, it would be twice in a row where things hadn't gone his way, and that really wasn't going to do his self-esteem any good.

Determined to show Leo that he could get Bruce if he wanted to, however dedicated or not he was to his wife, the ghost stirred early in the morning, disrupting the movie marathon he had found himself in. At hearing the man head downstairs before Tina had even woke up, Oliver seized the opportunity and drifted down to the kitchen, making himself visible as he sat on top of the kitchen island.

"...Hey. I'm Oliver-- thought it's about time I show myself. Say sorry for putting you through some shit the last few weeks. Wasn't very mature of me," he smirked, resting back on his hands as he took in the sight of the other, his smile widening to himself. "You're Bruce, yeah? Leo spoke highly of you, said you seemed like a good dude."

Bruce has the same routine every morning, typically. He would wake up an hour earlier than his wife, make himself a cup of coffee and enjoy the sunset out on the porch. Leo had bought an incredibly potential land and he had noted that Nyle had started a little garden. While it was cute, Bruce’s side hobby just so happened to be gardening, especially when it came to growing his own food. Before Tina had convinced him to move from their nice home in Maryland, the fact that the property was so lovely was the only thing that he looked forward to when it came to their new place.

He was on step two of his usual plan, humming to himself absently as he started up the coffee machine. Upon hearing a sudden and unfamiliar voice, he grabbed a knife tightly in his hand while the other clutched the empty coffee cup. To be greeted with the sight of a stranger in his home was terrifying to say the least, but to find out that this was the other spirit? It was a mix of scary and amazing.

“You’re the other ghost! The one who keeps swearing on the Spirit Box, I imagine,” he spoke slowly and quietly, not wanting to startle his wife. “What is it you want? Are you... going to tell me your story all of a sudden?”

"I don't think you'd find my story that interesting, pal. It's not really tragic like Leo's, it's pretty boring really. I got shot in the head at a party, it's not a big deal," he shrugged in response, his eyes taking in the man's nervous appearance and finding his smile growing at the sight of the knife. If anything, he thought it was sort of cute, nodding towards it quietly.

"You can put that down, Bruce. It isn't really going to hurt me now, is it? Besides, I'm not gonna hurt you; just fancied a chat is all. We can argue and be bitter, but Leo and I get fed up of being stuck in that attic all day. If we made friends with you, we figured we could have a little freedom when you're asleep. I thought I'd ask first though, it felt rude not to," the ghost drawled, pushing himself off the counter and leaned over to examine the coffee machine. "...I'd die all over again just to taste a good cup of coffee; Italian blend, obviously. Not tasting anything sucks; it's like the worst part of all this ghost shit. I'd cope with it if I could taste stuff, y'know?"

Last edited: