“It’s fine, really,” Leo reassured as he returned to Nyle’s side, pressing close to the other. “Sure, it would have been nice for it to be just us but I know Nyle can get tired of me. Oliver being here will at least give us someone else to talk to. I can be pretty boring, evidently,” he whispered before peering up at the new ghost with a smile.

“I’m sorry that this happened but what else is there to do? We have to accept it and make the best of it, May. I like Oliver, he’s nice and Nyle likes him so why would I mind?” He questioned. “You could... move here, if you’d like?”

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Because I mind. He's an asshole. He'll make things awkward for you and we'd be intruding and... and I wanted you to be happy, Leo. This isn't going to make you happy, having us move in and... and be in the way of your life constantly," grimaced May, fiddling awkwardly with her hands. She planned to buy the home, but not necessarily to live in. Now, she had no choice. She could stay at the apartment, but she didn't want to do that alone. She wanted to be where Oliver was, and if he was stuck here, she had no choice but to move in too.

"Nah, it'll be fun! All four of us, yeah? I'm looking forward to it. God, this is the most excited I've been, and I'm dead. It's kinda sad," grinned Nyle to himself, being the only one who was really excited about it. May was still apologetic, Oliver was understandably pissed at the lack of a romantic reunion from his girlfriend, though Leo at least seemed optimistic. That was something, anyway. "Oh, let's order pizza. I can't taste it but I can pretend. May can sort out stuff with the estate agent later, I'm sure she'll buy it without a problem. It's hardly got the best history, huh?"

“I’m fine, May. I’m just happy to have Nyle back. Whatever happens next, I don’t really care about. This was all I wanted to begin with, you know? I’ve got Nyle and you have Oliver. It sounds more like you don’t really want to live with us rather than us not wanting to live with you,” he curiously noted before entangling his fingers with the other.

“I mean, this house isn’t small. It’s a pretty hefty cabin, if you ask me. Nyle and I can leave you alone if you want to, ah... you know... yeah, and vice versa. It’ll be like a sitcom! “Three ghost and a psychic, living under one roof?” Then you’d add the canned laughter and a cheesy themesong could play. It’s like Seinfeld but good,” he teased, his own mood clearly not souring much. Why would it? He had everything he wanted, after all.

Predictably, Nyle grinned in response, laughing to himself - he had no reason to be miserable, after all. Like Leo, he only had reason to be happy about the situation, though his laughter died down at May's stormy expression and Oliver's equally annoyed body language. It didn't take long for May to disappear from the room, deciding to busy herself contacting the estate agent just to give herself something to do that didn't involve causing another argument with her boyfriend.

"...This is fun, huh? This is exactly how I planned my reunion with the fucking love of my life. She's... such a bitch sometimes. Sorry about this," began Oliver awkwardly, feeling it necessary to apologise, even if he hadn't done much wrong. Sure, he had interfered and jumped into the box supposedly designated for Nyle and him alone, but he had done it to stay with his best friend. He didn't want to be separated from the only person who understood the specifics of what they had gone through. Was it so wrong that he wanted to stay with him?

"God, sorry. I just... don't know what I've done wrong, I guess."

"You didn't do anything wrong," decided Leo who, if needed, insist he was an indifferent party to it all... because he was. The whole situation was annoying and frustrating, he knew that, but he also knew that it didn't really involve him much. He had what he wanted and he cared for the other two of course but, to put it bluntly, it wasn't his problem. That being said, if May asked he would be honest.

"Do you want me to talk to her? She might just be mad that you jumped in but... you didn't know. I mean, none of us knew. May didn't even know if this would work," he admitted, setting a hand on Oliver's shoulder for comfort. "I mean, this is all probably stressful for May in general. Her boyfriend died and she feels bad to begin with, I can only imagine her stress."

"I get that, Leo, but still - I didn't get anything from her, not even a smile. It's bullshit, that's what it is. It's bullshit--" He began angrily, shunning the attempt at support with a faint grimace, doing his best not to get too emotional. He wasn't fond of showing his sensitive side, even if the situation only made him feel like shit and in need of a cry somewhere. He did stop the tears when seeing May approach again, his worry kicking in at the sight of her pale expression and shaky hands.

"...I... someone's bought it, I... my agent said... she said a... a client made an offer for the place and... and they bought it this afternoon," she began in whispers, her voice strained. She had completed the most important part of her mission by reuniting Leo with Nyle, but she felt like a failure all of a sudden. Knowing that someone had bought the place before she had a chance to even make an offer made her feel sick to her stomach, her arms wrapping around herself. "I... god, I'm sorry."

"Wait, who? What do you mean? I scared off everyone that came to check the house!" Leo quickly squeaked, his relaxed mood disappearing as he stood up, panicking. "Oh, no. No, no, no, that can't happen, May. That just - that doesn't work for any of us, right? I don't want another human to live here, I'm... fucking sick of them, not including you May. Just... they're loud and annoying a-and they don't understand. Who would want to buy this house anyway?!" He babbled on, running his hands through his hair.

"Who are they? I'll... maybe I can scare them off again, you know? Even those bullshit 'ghost investigators' don't like being annoyed all the time, I'm sure they'd get sick if they had three ghosts haunting them, right?"

"She said a-a few friends took interest in the house's past and... and saw it as an opportunity. I... I'm so sorry. This doesn't work o-out for me either, I... I can't come and see you all, I... I can't be with Oliver," she whispered, the full impact of the news fully hitting her when she realised that she couldn't just pop in and be with them whenever she wanted, her eyes widening in horror. She blamed herself, of course, even if there was nothing she could have done. She rightly prioritised getting Nyle to the house over purchasing it, and she hadn't exactly expected anyone to seriously take interest in the house after Leo made an effort of scaring interested buyers away. Apparently, his tactics had only intrigued the eventual buyers more, leading them to buy the home before May even had a chance to do so.

"Wait, wait-- this-- this can't happen," began Nyle in similar disbelief, his denial evident as he shook his head, laughing weakly. "Everything's going back to normal, this... this isn't happening, it can't. I... don't believe this."

"Who are they? Who are they, May? I'm going to... to fucking beat their asses," whispered Leo, his face red in frustration as he began to pace. "How many of them? I just - it was enough to have Nyle being here and... and it was fucking hard enough to hang out with you guys. I-If there's going to be a whole gaggle of people, I don't know what I'm going to do," he admitted, turning from anger to anxiety in almost an instance.

"I need air," he quickly decided, disappearing in an instant. He had gotten accustomed to acting human until he was left alone for months. Now that Nyle wasn't human, he was free to do as he pleased and he wanted to be alone. He didn't want to get mad at May and he knew it wasn't her fault, but that didn't mean he wouldn't blame her in his angry state.

As much as May wanted to stay to be with her friends and her boyfriend, she was well aware that she needed to leave. This wasn't her home, as much as she had wanted it to be, and she had no idea when the new owners would show up to move in. With a heavy heart, she quietly bid farewell to Nyle and emotionally left Oliver - she wasn't sure of the next time she would get to be next to him after all. She could befriend the new owners and get access into the home, but she could hardly sit around, making fun of reality TV with her friends and Oliver like she wanted. It wouldn't ever be the same and she blamed herself for that.

By morning, the new owners made their appearance, a moving truck pulling up outside the house and two people -a man and a woman- exiting, laughing and smiling at the sight of the 'Sold' sign outside the home.

"The look like fucking nerds," grunted Oliver as he peeked out the window from the bedroom, his arms folded in annoyance at the situation. He could cry and freak out about it, but there wasn't a point in that now the owners had arrived and were moving their belongings in, seemingly wasting little time in doing so. "Honestly, that woman looks too polished, in that really off-putting way; insincere, y'know? And that guy's creeping me out. Look, we'll scare 'em off and it'll be fine. Right?"

"Let's piss them off," Leo insisted, his eyes locked on the couple as they strolled into the house. He had spent the last day in fumes, having broken the last remaining things that he could before burying his face in Bitters, screaming into it in frustration. After hours of anger, he had simmered down... only to get upset the minute he saw the couple.

"I'm going to punch their.... their dumb fucking faces, Nyle." He declared before hurrying down the stairs, disappearing the minute he was at the last step. He wanted to get these people out the minute they stepped in and how he decided to do that was immediately slam the door on the two, causing the girl to squeak in pain once hitting her head.

Oliver wasn't far behind, watching from the steps in amusement at the couple's rude welcome into their new home. They seemingly knew all about the ghostly presence the house contained, which was the main reason they had purchased the place, but they were naive to think everything would go by hunky-dory. There were three ghosts all pissed at them for ruining the plans they'd made - of course the couple were going to be tormented.

Albeit not by Nyle, who awkwardly hesitated on the steps, uncomfortable. He didn't think the couple deserved to be hurt. Spooked, maybe, but not hurt physically when they were innocent, having bought a house at a good price that helped with their research. They had no idea about the plans that had been made, so seeing the woman be hurt by his own boyfriend did make him cringe. He understood Leo's actions, but he didn't need to advocate them, explaining his decision to take Bitters and wander back upstairs to avoid the situation entirely.

From the sudden slam to her nose, the woman frowned once holding her hand to it, a frown growing when blood was seen. Taking a deep breathe, the woman smiled nonetheless and headed in. She and her husband had known about the ghosts and expected as such... which only infuriated Leo more.

He didn’t want to be seen, not yet. If he had to he would, knowing that his injuries did make others uncomfortable. Now that he had Oliver and Nyle, too, it only added to his idea.

“This was a bad idea...” began the husband as he carefully stepped into the house, genuinely startled when the cabinet drawers in the kitchen were violently thrown out of their slots, hitting the wall. “Ugh... I suppose we’ll have to do a lot of improvements, huh?”

Reactions: potassiumboron
"This was not a bad idea. There are ghosts here-- evidently," the wife emphasised, gesturing wildly to the paranormal activity going on around them. Despite her bloody node and the fact the onslaught of activity had begun without hesitation, she was perfectly happy with her decision to buy the property and move from the bustling city to the middle of nowhere. She worked behind the scenes on shows that examined haunted buildings in search of activity, but she wanted more; she wanted to have her own show, to document her own experiences.

Everything was falling perfectly into place for her now. She lived in a house that was clearly busy with activity, and it was perfect for her to get her own career started in front of the camera, not behind it.

"Look, just get the bags unpacked and try not to get pushed down the stairs, alright? We'll set up the cameras later," she murmured, curiously glancing around as her smile widened. "This is fantastic! We'll have plenty of footage, hm?"

“Don’t joke about that, alright? I looked up all the shit that happened here and I don’t really want to die any time soon, not in this house,” he replied with a roll of his eyes. He was a successful businessman who was able to retire early due to his earnings and it seemed most of his money went to funding his wife’s weird dream. He loved her to bits, hence why he did it, but that didn’t mean he didn’t detest the whole ghost thing. With a groan, he headed to the car to carry their bags in.

More ghost hunters?!” Hissed Leo, his fists balled up tight. “The last ones must have spread the rumors around and now we’re fucked, huh? I want May back, not these... these rich pieces of shit. They look so... so boring and annoying,” He babbled on, stomping so hard in anger that the wood floor below them splintered a tad. He couldn’t be seen or heard by the humans,not unless he wanted to be heard. “This is a crock of shit.”

"Hey, don't break the house - it's still your home, yeah? I'm on your side, Leo. We'll get rid of 'em," promised Oliver with a quiet smile as he did his best to try and bring some calm to the situation, even if he was legitimately raging on the inside. He was furious, but mostly at Nyle for wandering off without even attempting to help. He didn't highlight that though, not wanting to create any drama.

"...How far are you willing to go to get them out? Like... if I pushed one of them down the stairs, or... smashed a plant pot over their heads... would that be too far? Nothing that would kill them, obviously, but... a little accident or two to urge them to get lost? I don't see how else we can get 'em to leave, bud."

“I... need to calm down,” Leo eventually admitted, rubbing his face quickly with his hands after a long, unnecessary breath. Hugging himself awkwardly, he turned to face Oliver with a frown.

“Where’s Nyle? I want to talk to him?” He questioned, his face a soft pink in embarrassment. “I need Bitters, I need someone to cuddle and he can’t hog my cat, it’s not fair. Ugh - fuck, what if these people hurt Bitters?”

"...He walked off to the attic, I think. I don't think he likes what we're doing, Leo. I dunno. He just got all angry and walked off," shrugged Oliver, folding his arms across his chest with a dissatisfied glance out the window at the couple taking their luggage out from the car, all smiley and happy. It ought to be May moving in, and the fact he couldn't be with his girlfriend because of these people infuriated him.

"Do you want me to go chat to him or something? He's in one of his moods, I reckon. Don't think he likes us messing with the couple that much-- he's too sensitive, y'know?"

“Yes please,” he quietly replied, watching as well with a subtle hint of disgust in his expression. “I don’t want him to be mad at me but I certainly want him to understand why I’m upset. These assholes are intruding on a home that they shouldn’t even really put on the market. The realtor should have realized that it was a bit weird that so many people have died and just left it alone,” he huffed, watching the couple struggle to bring in a new couch. Out of annoyance, he decided to add extra weight by sitting on it as they tried. He didn’t weigh much but any extra pounds would be nice.

“I’ll be down here watching them,” he murmured, his own arms folded. He wouldn’t do any bodily harm to them... for now, at least. “Ugh... I bet they’ll bring out, like, a spirit box tonight.”

Oliver would return an hour later, having failed to really get anywhere with Nyle. In fact, an argument had ensued that resulted in the latter ghost willingly cutting himself off from the others, growing transparent and refusing to interact with Oliver, just so he could have some peace. Eventually, Oliver did leave him be - and he left the couple be as well. He had come to the conclusion that what they desired most was evidence of spirits. The more they had to document, the more pleased they would be. If he stayed out of it and gave them nothing to work with, he figured they would leave in search of another property to investigate. It was a plan that required patience, but it was better than giving them precisely what they wanted.

And yet, Nyle opted against that approach. It was late into the night when he made an appearance to the couple, having been sat watching TV with them against their knowledge when he finally decided to show himself. He felt bad for them and, honestly, he wanted to co-exist peacefully. They hadn't done anything wrong, and he didn't want to see their lives torn apart for their decision.

"Don't freak out; I'm not gonna hurt 'ya, I swear," he smiled quickly, holding his hands up in surrender as he eyed the married couple. He had gone out of his way to hide the bullet wound in his forehead, adjusting his hair to prevent them seeing how he died. He didn't think the wound was neat and tidy, and so it wasn't the best impression to give them during their first meeting. "I'm Nyle; I, uh... look, I haven't been doing shit to you, the others have, I just-- felt bad, so-- look, I used to live here, I can... I dunno... I just wanted to say hi? Was this a dumb idea?"

"Oh-- Oh wow, no! No, you... you're seeing this, right?" Urged Tina to her husband, her eyes wide in realisation that not only was she having an interaction with a ghost, but she was doing so without the need of her many devices. It was personal, occurring right in front of her, and whilst shivers went down her spine and fear struck her, she was also fascinated with how... normal Nyle seemed. He didn't seem like a malevolent spirit who wanted to cause her harm, and she wasn't sure if she was glad of that or not. It hardly made for an exciting, thrilling encounter. "...I'm Tina, Nyle. This is my husband. We... well, I... don't know what to say, this is amazing!"