"Of course! I think that's a fair deal," he reassured, wary. He didn't want another argument either, of course, and moved to turn away to grab conditioner. Humming softly to himself, he handed over the bottle while pretending the whole brief moment of hostility didn't happen.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, Nyle. You've got a nice personality and, like we said, you're very handsome. People like you, because you're likable. If you don't make any money there, I'll shit my pants in shock," he complimented, running a hand through his hair. "Like I said, if anyone gives you shit just say I'll go and beat you up."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"God, do you think they'd accept a burly guy like me calling on his boyfriend to them up for me? Maybe if I told 'em you were a 6'8" body builder, yeah?" He teased, bumping his hip playfully as he reached to wash the soap suds from him, climbing out the shower a few minutes later when he decided he was suitably clean.

"I can sort out anyone trying to start trouble. Besides, a bruise or two might make me look tough. It could do me some good. Every guy in this town seems kinda... y'know, stereotypically manly. The beer-guzzling dude who loves sports and DIY and all that stuff. They might like me if I got in a fight and held my own," he shrugged, reaching for his clothes with a faint sigh. "I mean, I got beat up a few months back, remember? I kinda need to prove I can fight back, I don't want 'em thinking I'm a pushover."

"You are a pushover," he easily replied as he quickly followed suit, wrapping a towel around himself neatly. Just because the state of his room was a bit of a mess when his body was found didn't mean he was a messy person. In fact, when his emotions leaned more towards manic, he would dust every corner of the house and made sure that everything was perfectly symmetrical. So, while Nyle had left, he had organized their clothes properly in the dresser.

There was only so much someone could do bound to a house without the ability to sleep and it only hit the more he seemed like a housewife. He stayed inside all day, cleaning and offering to cook dinner. He softly snorted under his breath as he hurried to the bedroom, slipping into his typical attire of one of Nyle's shirts and a pair of black boxers.

Nyle's ex-boyfriend had always had the habit of wearing his shirts, and it was always something Nyle was against, finding it annoying more than it was cute. Yet, he paid no notice to Leo doing it, going as far as to pay him compliments about how cute it was. It was no different now, the human's smile rising at the sight of the other immediately dressing himself without asking if he could borrow it - it was more or less accepted now in their relationship that any shirt of Nyle's would eventually find its way into Leo's dresser.

"I'm never going to see that shirt again, am I?" He snorted with a playful grin, running a comb through his hair to untangle it; something he never normally bothered to do, but felt it appropriate now he had a job to go to later on. "It's cool, dude. Keep it. Looks better on you anyway."

"I dunno, I like stripes," he replied simply as he took in the baggy shirt, trying to flatten it out as neatly as he could before looking in the mirror. "I mean, you'd find your clothes if you looked for them. You just lazily look around and grab whatever you see. I always put your clothes back in the closet but you never look there," he scolded with a small smile.

"Besides, it looks cuter on me," he added with a raised brow. "That's not relevant, though. I mean, I look cute in all of your clothes because all of your clothes are cute. A bit too colorful for me, to be honest. I prefer my black and white - why don't you own more monochrome clothing? I could order you some so I could wear it."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I'm a colourful person, dude. I like colours. You look cute in anything, hm? I look terrible in those monochrome colours, they don't suit me that much. I guess my clothes are loud, but so am I, right? They go with my personality, I like 'em," he shrugged, opening his closet to examine said clothes, pulling out a bright pair of electric blue jeans and a multi-coloured patchwork shirt for work later on. The mish-mash of colours was a lot, he knew that, but he also didn't give a shit what anyone else thought.

If he liked it and his boyfriend approved, nobody else's opinions remotely mattered to him.

"Nah, I like what I like, there ain't no changing me, I'm set in my ways," he decided easily, folding his arms defiantly. "...I sound like an old man, huh?"

He wouldn't admit it but the outfit was a bit over stimulating to look at. So much so that he instead decided to busy himself with a few succulents that he ordered online. There was a monthly box for it and he knew Bitters was too lazy to attempt to knock them down, so putting them in the house gave some liveliness to their home. He had never been one to grow plants and the only time he really experienced real life gardening was through his mother, that of which he remembered being one of the rare pleasant memories he had of her.

"I was wondering," he began after a pause. "I was wondering if your sisters would ever trust me again? I... I figure they wouldn't, at least not this soon, but I really do want to meet them. I never had siblings, at least not that I know of, so it would be nice to meet them one day. Maybe I could learn how that whole brotherly bond or whatever works. I... know it sounds weird but there are so many things I never got the chance to do that I'm realizing we're pretty basic social activities," he admitted, watching as he watered the small plants.

Setting the hair-dryer down, the human hesitated as he tried to decide what to say in reply. He could lie to spare Leo's feelings getting hurt, but he had had enough of the lies in their relationship. Sometimes, the truth hurt, but it was better than lying to cushion the blow was.

"I don't think my sisters or my father would ever want to meet you, Leo. God, that sounds dreadful, but... you kinda killed me, babe. It's not something they're going to get over. Besides, they're not even speaking to me. They made it clear that they'd disown me if I returned to you, so... I doubt they're in a rush to pay me a visit anytime soon, but that's fine! It's upsetting, sure, but it's... it's fine, Leo. Maybe they'll get over it eventually? Just not anytime soon," he admitted as he offered a reassuring smile across to the ghost, doing his best to stay positive.

"They're not that interesting, you're not missing out on much. They're typical sisters. One's a hairdresser, one works with kids, the other's still in high school. I'm sure they'll come around to visit one day, just... not for a few years. It sucks, but I made a choice and I'm happy with it."

"I figured," he admitted with a shrug before glancing back over at the other, a small smile on his face. "I dunno. I mean, I know marriage probably isn't in the picture for multiple reasons but it would have been nice to have, like... some sort of family. I'm jealous of how homey and close everyone was, you know? I mean, I didn't have a... very close relationship with my parents, so... yeah.., I was sort of hoping I could make up for it. i blew my chances, I guess, but that's not a big deal. I also assume your friends would never forgive me either, yeah? Like, I want to hang out with the people you care about. I know you care about me but I also know that you just don't function the way I do. I know you like physical friends and I want to be friends with them too," he explained carefully, pausing as he contemplated his words.

"That's what my therapist said. She said I wasn't giving equal parts to the relationship and I agree. If you meet new friends who... doesn't know about what happened here, I would love to properly introduce myself. I want to push my comfort zones for you," he admitted before nodding at the plants. "I'm trying for you."

"I see that, but it's out of the question that my friends would come here. One of 'em did, right? And he was a dickhead to you, so I can't imagine the others would be any different-- though I did meet some guys when I went out partying last night, Leo. I got their numbers. They're not from this town, they might be willing to come and hang out here, watch some sports and stuff. I could call 'em, we could hang out and watch the sports game before my shift at the bar?" He suggested, his smile widening at the chance to actually bring in friends to meet Leo. He had never anticipated this happening for various reasons, one major one being his boyfriend's apparent insistence on shutting out the outside world.

Now he had the chance to bring in some new friends he had made who lived in the town across, he was going to take it.

"They're really cool. It's my fault I got that drunk, it's not their fault. God, this'll be great, Leo," he beamed, his excitement evident as he leaned to offer his boyfriend a kiss. "You sure about this? They're pretty full-on, but they want to keep in touch with me, and... I like them, so..."

"I mean, I'm not excited but... if I don't like them, I can just head upstairs," he replied, his eyes looking away nervously. His hands nervously began to wring themselves at the thought and he would be lying if he said this was his ideal sort of evening but he knew that he needed to at least try and face his anxiety. He didn't want Nyle to leave and he immediately assumed the other would leave him if he didn't change himself. It was an unhealthy and unrealistic thought but that was every thought Leo had. It showed just how desperate he was to keep from being alone again, the feeling he had been used to for years prior to Nyle.

"I'll try my best," he insisted with a nervous smile, though a smile nonetheless. "Just... Ah... I don't know, don't get too loud? I never really got into sports so I don't really know how the whole 'guys sitting around with beer and watching football' thing really works. It'll be a... new experience," he tried to approach it, moreso to convince himself.

"I can make dip or something. That's what people do during sports games, right?" He confirmed, his clear ignorance to social norms being shown unsubtly. "We have some tortilla chips somewhere. I bought them to eat because they have a really nice texture, actually. I also got some avocados too and we have salt... I don't know what else goes into guacamole," he admitted, nibbling his thumb anxiously.

"I've never had dip, but it'll be nice? Yeah, make some guacamole or some salsa, that'd be ace," he nodded, too eager to have Leo be a part of the experience to tell him that some snacks weren't all that necessary, especially ones he had to make from scratch. He wanted him to be involved and to see that social situations weren't anything to shy away from. Sure, he wished that he could take it slower and work him into it, rather than introduce him to the loud friends he had met just a day before, but it might be good for him.

And if not, he could just head upstairs, like he said. It wasn't what he wanted to happen at all, but it was a possibility if things did get too much for him.

"There's only, like, five of them. It's not too bad. And we won't get drunk-- I have a job now, I can't show up drunk or they'll fire me. Or they just won't try and get to know me, and that'd suck too-- Nah, it'll be fine, Leo. We'll hang out, watch the game-- maybe we can organise something else if it all goes great. A barbecue outside? You can stay on the porch, they won't figure out you can't go past it."

"Five?" He whispered, horrified at the idea. He didn't have more than five real life friends in his entire life, and he cut most of those the minute he graduated school. To have five strangers in addition to Nyle immediately caused him another added panic. Moving carefully out of the room to the living room, he forced himself to try and relax and keep him from having a hardcore panic attack.

"Okay. Five more people. Five people who I... don't know their personalities outside of them being fans of alcohol," he whispered to himself, his lips pursed tight. "This will be fine. This is... okay, this is a normal thing. Just some bros being bros. Ah... when do you think they'd come over? I need to know how much time I have to prepare myself, aha.. 'cuz I'm going to be honest with you, this is terrifying."

"Why did you suggest it if you find it terrifying? I don't want to make you uncomfortable in your own house, dude. Look, forget about it, you aren't ready and that's... it sucks, but I get it. I can head out and meet them in their town sometime this week instead, it's... not that big of a deal," he decided, hiding his disappointment behind a reassuring smile. He had already become excited at the idea of sitting with his new friends in his own space, building up connections with people he genuinely liked, but he knew that he could do that elsewhere. It didn't hang on them having to come to his house.

"Make that dip though, we could have it later when I get back from work. We can watch a movie and have some dips, that sounds better than watching the dumb sports game. I'm not even really into sports that much, I prefer trashy reality shows."

"No! No, you'll invite your friends over," he firmly declared as he headed to the kitchen. "You'll have them over, have fun and whatnot. I told you, I want to do this. It'll be fun, I want to be able to expand this whole thing. You should be able to have fun, right? So... don't say otherwise, Nyle. I don't ask for much but I insist on this."

Turning to glance at the other, his expression was serious and lack of any nervousness. It was a lie, of course, and he was internally screaming - in fact, the moment Nyle left he would scream into his pillow to calm himself down. "It's fine and I'm fine. Just... tell me when they're coming over. I want to be prepared."

"...Let's say about 8 tonight, when I finish my shift? The game's on at 8:30, so we can hang out for a bit, watch the game and relax. I can have a few beers then. Just... promise me you won't force yourself tonight? I'd rather you head to the attic if it gets too much than hang around and get a panic attack in front of them, alright? I... appreciate this a bunch, but fuck, don't force yourself."

That was, inevitably, Nyle's main concern; that Leo would end up stressing himself out unnecessarily just to make him happy. In reality, Nyle didn't mind him backing out. The fact he had gone through the effort and attempted to be social with him was enough.

It was why he had informed his friends to be mindful of Leo when they arrived, to try and be quieter than they usually were. He couldn't guarantee that they'd keep it in mind the whole night, especially when the game started and beer was flowing, but he was sure they would at least try. After a successful shift at the pub, where locals were going out of their way to talk to him, Nyle was on a high. He had never seen the people in the town take any interest in him but they had tried this time. He knew most of that came from guilt after news of his hospitalisation spread, but hopefully it was the catalyst for better relationships with them.

If not, he at least had the new group of friends for company, with all of them turning up at the house dead on time. He had only known them a day, but he had hit it off with them, as evidenced by them heading into town just to watch a game with him.

"Cole, Jake, Matt, Oliver, this is Leo; Leo, these are the guys. That's Oliver's girlfriend, May." Nyle introduced as he gestured to the group, beckoning them to hurry in out the cold and get comfortable. "Leo's made dips for tonight, he spent all afternoon on it--"

"I can help you bring them in, if you'd like?" May offered, the only girl in the group looking up as she shimmied out of her coat. "I could do with a beer, I'll help you bring those in too, yeah?"

He had spent the hours alone panicking. He had never really done any of this sort of thing before, after all. Having Nyle share a house with him was more than he was used to but to also have five new people take up space made him naturally a bit anxious. Cooking up some food he managed to receive through an online service after ordering the proper ingredients, he was actually quite proud of how the dips came out. He couldn't taste it but he was sure to follow the recipe down to the T so if it was horrible, he could blame the online cook who gave him the recipe.

"O-Oh, ah... y-yeah, okay, sure," Leo nervously whispered in response, nervously watching the others come in from the kitchen, hiding just a tad as he assessed the strangers. The fact that May was willing to try and talk to him was more nervewracking than to just have them all ignore him, which was what he was hoping. Offering a pursed smile, he watched the girl walk in as he nervously fiddled with his hands, keeping the long sleeves of Nyle's shirt covering as much as possible as he tightened the strings of his pajama pants. He wanted to at least appear somewhat formal since he rarely wore anything but his boxers around. "It's nice to meet you."

Even though she had been informed that Leo would be nervous, she hadn't expected him to look this uncomfortable. It made her approach him more gently than she would normally, and she had to keep reminding herself not to shout or be overly loud in his company. She liked Nyle during the hours she spent with him, so she really didn't want to ruin the budding friendship by upsetting his boyfriend.

Only when she approached into the kitchen did she feel a shiver go down her spine, her brow arched as her eyes glanced around the room curiously. Eventually they settled back on Leo, a smile growing on her lips to make up for the brief moment of odd behaviour.

"Sorry about that. It's my 'thing', you know? I pick up on spirits and shit. I don't wanna freak you out by saying stuff about your house, but... y'know, houses have memories. I pick up on that," she shrugged casually, moving to the table to wait patiently until she was asked to carry something. "It's what I do, the whole psychic thing. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts, it's why I don't talk about it much, but... I'm talking about it now, huh? Sorry, can't help it. What is it you do, Leo?"

"Oh, are you now?" He replied, his voice a tad shaky as he carefully moved to hurry out with a bowl of guacamole. Hurrying back into the kitchen once setting it out in the hopes of being unseen, or at least have minimal notice, he searched through the fridge to pull out more. "That's a... unique job. I believe in ghosts but I would never have imagined we'd have one, aha... how strange," he quietly replied, thanking whatever higher being there was for Bitters to stroll up to the back door, meowing to get inside. It kept him from facing the woman.

"Oh, me? I own my own business," he admitted, a small smile on his lips in pride. "It's more of a hobby but it pays the bills. I do online computer tech. You know, making sure that the person on the other end knows how to fix their computer. It's more play than work at this point, aha..." he admitted, giving the black cat an affectionate rub, getting a happy meow in response.

"You're so young but you own your business? That's awesome, I'm jealous. Nyle mentioned that you were super smart; said you were a real whizz at this computer stuff. Guess he wasn't wrong, hm?" The girl grinned, reaching for the pack of beers to show she was willing to help out, rather than stand by the side and just chat away. The atmosphere in the kitchen was making her cold and the presence of a ghost was something she could pick up on more clearly. She didn't automatically assume Leo was said ghost, not when Nyle had been chatting about their relationship, but she was at least certain that there was ongoing paranormal activity in the home - and inevitably it intrigued her.

"...So you and Nyle have been dating a few months, huh? He was really boasting about you last night," she smiled, hoping the mention of Nyle would ease Leo up somewhat. "It's cute. I wish my boyfriend would gush about me like that."