"... Okay, yeah," he whispered, nodding in response as he dared to offer a kiss in return. It was a strange benefit, but one of the pluses to being a ghost was that neither he nor Nyle would ever contract anything from one another - even though Nyle would never be able to contract anything from Leo anyway due to the simple fact that he couldn't get sick. There was no strange condition that would affect ghosts, at least not that he knew of.

"If you were to... die, here, would you be okay with it?" He questioned curiously, though remained facing forward once settling down a bit. "I mean, you'd be able to be with me forever, right? That... I hope that doesn't sound too bad. Plus, now that I've got a computer, I'm able to do some work again. I've got enough money to pay our rent if you want, so... we wouldn't have to lose the house."

Falling silent quickly at the other's remarks, his own eyes glued to the television in awkwardness. Despite that, he barely acknowledged any of the dramatic scenes currently playing out from his favourite Real Housewives franchise, which normally he'd be glued to in absolute fascination. Instead, all he really could do was ponder Leo's question, doing so for a long minute before managing to peek over at him.

"I wouldn't mind dying here in the future," he admitted after a moment, smiling a little to show his truthfulness. "I'm just-- I'm not going to die at just 20, that shit's ridiculous. I'm way too young, you know? Let's say in... I dunno... a decade or two? I won't be going anywhere, Leo, trust me. And hey, you'll still like me if I'm 40 or something, right? Maybe then I'll... end it or whatever. Just not now, I'm pretty young and my Dad's asked me to go visit him next month for my sister's birthday party, so it's, like... I got stuff to do. My sisters are all young still, they'll want me around. When they're older and have their own families... I'll be less prominent in their lives and I'll end things then, 'kay? God, this is depressing, Leo..."

"I'm a depressing person," he teased weakly as he offered a smile, rubbing the other's legs comfortingly. "I mean, that's my biggest personality trait, right? Look, you definitely need to go to the doctor. You don't know how dangerous this could be, Nyle. I... I want to meet your family, celebrate your sisters' birthdays with you. Imagine how sad they'll be if you never recover," he insisted before taking the other's cheeks in his hand, his lips pursed.

"... I love you, you know that, right?" He whispered, that being the first time he uttered the 'L' word. Sure, he fell for people rather quickly but he was always embarrassed to say the word in real life. "I just want you to know that. I don't say it very often, right? Look, drink your tea, okay?" He murmured, having ordered the best tea he could to cure stomach bug in hopes to somehow detox the other of the poison.

"You love me? Even though I'm sick and look like shit? Hey, you know I love you too, right? I mean, planning to kill myself in twenty years time for you should be enough of a clue that I love you. I'm not gonna get better than you, I've realised that," he cooed gushingly, appreciating the bouts of affection as he obediently took a few sips from the tea. If drinking it stopped the other moaning on about the doctor and hospital, he'd do it hurriedly. The idea of going out the house right now, even for medical care, didn't fit well with him. He'd much rather coop up on the couch underneath the blankets, get some sleep and -hopefully- wake up invigorated and less sick.

The first two parts of that hope came to fruition. He cooped up comfortable and did fall asleep, but the plan fell down when he woke up. Rather than stretch out and feel refreshed, he woke up around three hours later pale, shaking and, to his genuine horror, unable to breathe that well. Panicking was the worst thing to do, because it made him less likely to catch his breath, but waking up and not breathing brilliantly was a situation where he couldn't help but freak out. It didn't help that, during the gasps for breath, he fell out of consciousness for a few minutes at a time until, eventually, he didn't wake up at all.

At least, his physical body didn't. His metaphysical state, on the other hand, came into being just shortly after he'd passed away... with the unfortunate unawareness that he'd died. While his physical body remained on the couch, Nyle, blissfully oblivious to that, had wandered to the kitchen with a hum. The events of his passing had yet to be recollected by him, apparently, because, from his cheerful hums and casual behaviour, he hadn't realised he'd died.

"You know, I'm feeling a lot better," he began as he flicked the kettle on, leaning on the kitchen island while raiding the cupboard for some biscuits. "Like, I told you a sleep would do me some good. Honestly, sleep is the best medicine~"

Leo had cautiously waited until he knew the other was calmly asleep before moving to the computer to do his work. It gave him something to do when Nyle was asleep or out to work. It wasn't until he heard the gasps for breath and the panicking from his boyfriend that he hurried to check the other, only to be greeted with the horror of Nyle's dead body. It was his turn to panic. Carefully holding the man's face, he tried to slap the man awake, whimpering in horror.

With his cheeks staine with tears, his next emotion was pure horror when he saw Nyle seemingly escape his own body, the sight being terrifying. When it came to his own death, he didn't wake up until he was well in the grave. Guilt hit immediately, especially after the other's want to see his family. His light tears turned to sobs in anxiety, even though the other seemed completely oblivious.

"Nyle, this - fuck. We need to call an ambulance, I-I..." He stammered, his voice barely noticeable over his panicked sobs. "Where's the phone? Where's your phone?! This isn't okay,"

"Why-- I told you, it was just the flu. The flu sucks, and sure, it can kill people, but I've had injections and shots and all sorts, I was bound to get over it eventually. Cups of tea and sleep is the best combination for me. I didn't even need any medication-- I'm like a medical marvel," the man laughed from the kitchen, wandering back in with a cup of tea in hand... which promptly smashed to the ground when coming face to face with his dead body. It was hardly a sight most people got to see in their lives, and it wasn't one he'd even had time to prepare for before the reality hit like this.

"I don't... this-- is this a fucking-- L-Leo, what's this? I don't-- am I dead?" He babbled, somewhat incoherently as he stayed rooted to the spot, only moving when the realisation effectively sunk in that he was dead. Though, assuming it had happened recently given Leo's fresh tears, there was a slight chance he could be revived, right?

"I... I... can't die, I... how do you restart a-a heart? I saw commercials on TV about it, there's, l-like, a certain song you gotta go along to," he whispered urgently, rushing up to his own body with an awkward attempt at resuscitation, stepping back when he realised he didn't have a clue what he was doing. "Leo, d-don't fucking stand there, help!"

"I-I don't know what to do," he whimpered in response, shaking in fear before eventually sprinting to his feet for the phone. Dialing the emergency number quickly, his soft sobs could be heard by the receiver quite clearly but his words of panic were hard to hear. He eventually managed to explain the situation before the line was cut, simply fading to static.

"They'll be here b-but I don't know how long it'll take," he called before hurrying back to the body, pumping at Nyle's chest hard as he attempted CPR - granted, he did have a use to breathe so it wasn't very useful.

"You need to see your family, Nyle. I'm not going to let you miss out on that," he replied sternly, his typically weak words at least holding some confidence. "I don't want you to be like me, you have a family that cares about you."

"...I don't-- they won't get hear on time, they... they won't, it's a tiny town and it takes ages to manoeuvre through the winding roads and stuff, I should know-- oh g-god, you were right. I should have gone to a-a doctor, I just thought I was fucking smart and... and now I'm... dead. Dead. H-Holy shit," he whined, hovering nearby awkwardly as he at least attempted to lend a hand, even if there was literally nothing he could add to the situation that would help anyone.

"...L-Look, I'll be fine! My Dad said he died for, like, twelve minutes when he was in his gang and got shot at, and he's alive and f-fine, so... so hey, just keep going and... and then the ambulance can get here and use those resuscitation things, and... and I'll be alright, yeah?"

Leo had to put all of his strength in pounding the other's chest. His soft, ghostly touch had always been an issue so naturally it was difficult to do real help. Wiping away tears as he worked, he looked over at Nyle in panic.

"I-I don't know what else to do," he admitted as he pressed harder, clearly growing tired from the effort. "How can you sit there so calmly? I just - I'm trying my best, okay? I don't want you to think I didn't try. I love you, okay?" He stammered out, his hands shaking.

"I'm not calm, I just-- what would me yelling and crying h-help? I mean, it's... it's useless, I just... I just... I'm trying to hold myself together. I love you too, I just... can't help, I don't... know h-how to--"

What began as frantic, emotional babbles came to a swift, sudden end with Nyle's disappearance. Though, as daunting as it was, it was at least a welcome sight when it coincided with the revival of his physical body. All at once, he sat bolt upright and gasped in a great intake of breath, taking a few seconds to make sure he was actually breathing before daring to glance around. Once totally sure he was breathing and this wasn't some illusion, he flopped back to lay down in a mixture of sheer exhaustion and horror.

It wasn't everyday that you died, remembered the feeling of being out of your body and a ghost, and then be fortunate enough to come alive again.

Pulling the other into the tight hug, he pressed his head into his chest, sobbing heavily as his own form seemed to fade in and out in his upset. Holding on as tight as possible, he remained that way before reluctantly moving his face, sniffling childishly.

"Holy shit, I-I can't believe that worked," he admitted as he pressed his cheek close to the other's neck. "You should still go to the hospiral, okay? I don't want this to happen again, not yet. You need to see your family, for me. I won't be able to go to the hospital with you but we can FaceTime, right?"

Too exhausted to even consider a riposte, he meekly nodded and remained silent until the ambulance arrived. He was still in agony, after all, but he didn't even have the energy to communicate that when prompted to do so by the paramedics. The shock of having died was enough to make everything completely and utterly numb.

It would be a long two days before he returned to the home. He had, of course, planned to contact Leo and inform him how things were going at the hospital, and how he was feeling... but he had little motivation to do so when he was informed that his ill health was down to being poisoned. It didn't take long to work out that Leo was behind it. He didn't want to believe it, but there was nobody else to blame. His sickness had worsened over the month he was literally confined to the house, leaving Leo the only culprit capable of poisoning him, little by little over the days. He already worked out why Leo wanted to do that, but it didn't soften the blow at all.

His own boyfriend had tried to kill him, however loving the reasons were behind it. He was hardly jumping for joy. He was still aching, still in agony - and Leo was at fault for that. Two days of panic was the least the ghost deserved for all of this.

Eventually, he did return home, entering the little house silently. With the hospital's care and some proper rest, he was at least feeling a tad better... but emotionally, he was a wreck, and understandably so. Carefully hanging his coat up, he wandered into the living room and awkwardly paused when spotting the ghost, unsure how to really react to him.

"...I'm packing my things and I... I'm going back to... to Philadelphia for a few weeks," he began calmly, stepping back to ensure the ghost didn't get too close. "I can't be here w-with you. You did it, right? You... fucking poisoned me."

Over the few days, it was understandable that Leo had been an utter wreck. If Nyle were there he would have realized the total lack of his presence, mostly due to him spending his entire night cramped up in the attic, laptop in hand as he patiently waited for some response. When he heard a creak in the door, he remain unseen, especially when noticing it was the clearly upset Nyle. Out of fear, he remained invisible, though his voice could still be heard.

"Please don't leave," he begged quietly, his hands wringing nervously as the sound of sniffling could be heard. He forced back every urge to tug the other in a hug, his lips pursed. "I... I know what I did was wrong, I'm sorry. I just... I didn't want you to leave me, I guess. It wasn't until I noticed just how miserable you were that I stopped! That's... I mean, it's why I told you to go to the hospital. When you said you wanted to go see your family, it made me realize that I'm not as important to you as they are and I guess I just didn't make the click until then. I've never experienced someone care so much about their kids before," he tried to explain weakly, though he knew his words would hardly be convincing.

"I-I understand that you're mad at me," he whispered, his voice changing a bit as he began to pace. "I didn't mean for this to go this way. I was selfish a-and... I just really miss you."

"You tried to kill me-- oh, no, wait. You succeeded! L-Like, that... that's not something I'm g-going to get over! You shouldn't have done that, I trusted y-you and you poisoned me, like... I can't believe you!" He snapped, turning away and heading up the stairs to act on his promise of leaving. It had been said in the heat of the moment, but Leo's apology only fuelled him into action. He didn't entirely want to leave and have to drive home when he felt this shit, but staying with the very person that had killed him (albeit for a few minutes) was verging on the impossible.

"But I brought you back?" He reminded as he followed easily, ignoring Bitters as he meowed in protest. "I could have just let it happen a-and that would be fine but i didnt, right? Doesn't that say anything? I made a mistake but... but you're alive, and that's good! I don't know what I'll do without you here, I-I don't want to be alone again! I-I..." He stammered our hurriedly, though his efforts eventually relaxed once realizing that it didn't matter what he said, most likely.

"Go ahead, then. I don't think it's safe b-but if you hate me that much, I understand," he murmured, his form finally appearing floating at the base of the stairs awkwardly. "I would leave, too."

Despite hearing him, he chose to deliberately ignore him. He didn't want to start yelling and screaming at Leo, even if the desire to do so was definitely there. He just wanted to collect his things as calmly as possible and then leave, though he hadn't counted on physically seeing Leo. Once he did, he immediately frowned and set his suitcase down with a weak frown.

"Move out of the way, Leo. I... I... How do I know you won't poison me or kill me in my sleep?! L-Like, dude, I said I'd.. be with you, when I'm older. No offence, but waiting two decades is nothing when we'd have eternity together, y'know? A-And you... you just take it upon yourself to kill me?"

"I didn't expect it to be that scary," he replied weakly as he rubbed his eyes, the sight rather childish as he squirmed in discomfort. "Of course I wouldn't do it again! When... I died, I didn't see my body. Seeing you there was scary a-and I don't want to take you away from your family. They love you, clearly, and... I dunno. It just backfired on me, clearly, aha..."

Awkwardly offering a smile, it was pretty hard to see it as such when his lip was quivering and his vision blocked with tears. Sniffling, he chose it would be less embarrassing to just disappear again. "I'm really sorry, Nyle. I didn't think."

"...I fucking love you but I don't trust you-- can you not disappear on me? I still feel like shit. I guess that's because I was being poisoned over the last month or two, huh?" He muttered, unable to stop dealing such a low blow, though he felt justified in doing so. Hell, Leo deserved to feel a little shitty for a few more hours at the very least, after going as far as to kill him. Though, at the back of Nyle's mind, he reminded himself that Leo did bring him back to life. He didn't have to do that, and the fact he did showed regret.

It was the only reason why Nyle was still stood talking to him, and not in his car on the way back to Pennsylvania.

"I love my family, and right now, they need me in their lives. Like, my youngest sister is only 13, dude. I... I want to be around for them, I just... I thought you knew that before now, I always talk about 'em."

Reluctantly reappearing, with his face in his hands to hide his face warily, he physically cringed at the reminder. If he had to physically be in the same room as the other, he chose to at least stay far away, taking a few steps shyly. Sure, Leo had talked about pretty sad things but he never cried, not even mentioning something as sad as his suicide. For him to be as weepy and sniffly he was, he was either an amazing actor or a genuine mess.

"I'm really sorry," he emphasized, shaking his head. "I'm really sorry, I-I... I know you won't believe me but I stopped, like, a week ago. Check my search history! I tried to detox you..." he insisted, his solid shape fading a tad.

"...You're actually an idiot, you know? But you're... an adorable idiot who I at least think did this for... loving reasons? Like, you didn't try to kill me because I snore too loud or leave the milk carton out the fridge, did you? Or you'd have just grabbed an axe and chopped my head off. I... get that you... just wanted me around permanently, I do. I just wish you didn't do that when... ugh, forget it. I'm not going-- but honestly, do this shit again and I'm leaving," he sighed heavily, dropping his suitcase again and wandering down the final few steps to meet Leo, moving to at least take him into a gentle hug. It was the least he could offer when Leo was an emotional wreck, anyway.

"And hey, you kinda saved my life, so I owe you one. It was fucking weird, you know. Dying and... seeing my body-- I look a right mess. You should have told me these blonde highlights in my hair really look like shit. It took my dying and seeing myself to work that out."