Violet

Original poster
Home is where the Heart is
A slice of life Romance role-play between Marygold and Violet
west-96th-street-apartments.jpg

Mallory Mortez
tumblr_static_sarahsara.gif

"Annie I'm totally fine!"

Mallory Mortez told her best friend as she clutched her phone to her ear. "The landlord said my roommate is totally cool and as long as she pays the rent on time it'll be okay! I can get along with anyone." She said confidently as she finished grabbing the last of her boxes. Adjusting the phone so that it rested securely in between her shoulder and cheek as she shut her car door and turned to head upstairs. After a few minutes of dragging the large brown boxes up the stairs of her new apartment building, she had finally gotten the last of her things unloaded.

"Promise you'll come over as soon as you can! I can't wait for us to have sleeepovers! It'll be just like old times all over again, but you know with wine!" She said with a giggle as she bit her lower lip. "I'll see you soon" She said, a large smile on her face as she pulled the phone away from her cheek. Digging through her purse as she pulled out the bundle of paper and the gold key to her new home. Pushing the key into the hole she turned the knob and let herself in.

Confidently she pushed the door open and stepped inside, dragging a box along the floor with her. She placed her hands on her hips before she ran her fingers through her hair and tucked a loose strand behind her ear. "Hellllllooo?" She called out as she walked around the couch. "Is anyone home?" She asked, running her fingers along the back of the black couch. Looking up suddenly when a large male stood in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Um.. Hi?" She said with a confused smile.

William Harmond
tyler-posey-gif-16.gif

"Ethan seriously, what grown man has a pair of sunflower oven mits? Who are you my grandmother?"

He joked as he pulled out another pair of glasses and handed them to his best friend. William Harmond had been helping his best friend Ethan move in for the last few hours and he was already exhausted. "So tell me again why you haven't met your roommate yet? Isn't that like.. rule number one? What if he's weird? Or he thinks he's better at Call of Duty then me?" He joked again as he stood up and kicked the now empty box away to start unpacking a new one.

William wasn't usually this friendly with everyone, in fact most people thought of him as cold and calculated. He considered that a personality trait due to his love of political science, probably why he decided to major in it. Thus, he took his work pretty seriously. However his best friend Ethan brought the best out of him. They had met in college, their freshman year, having been roommates themselves.

When he heard the door jingle he looked up from the newly opened box of plates, and looked up at his friend with a smug look. He hopped up off the tiled floor and brushed his palms on his jeans before wandering over to the doorway and leaning against it with a puzzled and quite honestly amused look on his face. Watching the girl pace about the living room with a nervous twitch about her. Before playfully calling out to his friend.

"Uh.. Ethan I think your new roommate is a chick."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: MaryGold
ethan

tumblr_m6rxbsRVAz1qc9x3h.gif

"Haha, very funny," Ethan chuckled genuinely, though his tone was very sarcastic. He pushed the drawer, in which set his perfectly good oven mitts, shut. He was almost completely done unpacking his kitchenware, though, if he was to be honest, he didn't have much at all. He only recently got into cooking, because preparing your own meals was much cheaper than ordering takeout. Not to mention, after eating ramen and Hotpockets for long you get entirely sick of the quick meals.

And anyway, he had taken culinary classes in high school and had a talent for cooking, though, rarely ever did it until two years ago. He made sure not take up too much space in the kitchen and kept most of his things one side for his roommate's and his own convenience. Wouldn't want their things to get mixed up.

Finally, he turned around to face his best friend and old roomie. It would have been nice if they were still living together, but having an apartment was so much better and spacey. He smirked at his friend, who was no longer facing him. "Out of all the things that my roomate could be, " he started, walking toward him,"it's not a ..." Ethan trailed off at the sight of the female in the other room. "a chick?" he finished, questioningly.

Quickly, he regained composure, but a frown made his way to his face. "Excuse me, who are you?" he asked politely, but a hint of confusion. "Are you perhaps a friend of the other guy supposed to be moving in?"

He hoped that was all it was. Because there was no way on earth he was going to live with this girl or any girl. He'd be more comfortable with a murder as his housemate.

• Love
Reactions: Violet
Mallory Mortez
giphy.gif

“Um.. I’m Mallory? Mallory Mortez.” She said, her head tilting to the side just a tad. Her confused smile faded into a blank stare at the two gentleman that stood before her. Straightening up she tugged at her sleeves and placed her arms confidently in front of her. Clearing her throat before stating simply “No, I uh I’m a tenant here..” her voice trailing off slightly before her eyes met Ethan’s and quickly looking away to the pile of her own boxes stacked outside the doorway.

Her mouth was suddenly very dry and she stuttered a bit to find the right words to say. How could the landlord leave out the small factor of having a male roommate?! She didn’t know this strange man, for all she knew he could be some sort of serial rapist! Although, she was sure they had run some sort of background on him. And as she looked him over again she noticed he had a nice haircut and was clean shaven. Not to mention he had a distinct taste in clothing, and the most beautiful eyes.
They almost reminded her of annie’s. Her eyes glanced over at his friend, whom leaned against the doorway looking quite amused by the way his eyes were twinkling. Slightly shorter than the boy she presumed was her new roommate, Ethan was it?

“I’m sorry, I’m not sure what sort of mix up this is.. uh Ethan was it?” She asked, unfolding the contract she had signed earlier in the week. “My contract says apartment 301.. which would be this one.. and I have a key. I’m sorry I wasn’t expecting a male roommate either..” she said softly as she folded the contract neatly and stuck it in her purse. As awkward as she felt, she wouldn’t show it. So she leaned down and picked up the large box and grunted softly as she started towards the hallway where she could only assume the bedrooms we’re. “I’m just going to go set this down..” she quickly stated as she passed the two men.

Mallory didn’t really have a choice on whether or not she wanted to live in this apartment with a strange man. After a year relationship with her boyfriend Paul, they had moved in together only for Mallory to find him cheating on her. Though she felt like that was more information then the two men in her living room needed to know. After she made it into the unclaimed bedroom she set the box down in the middle of the room and pulled out her phone to quickly draft up a text to her best friend Annie.

“Annie. Drop what you’re doing. I need you now! My roommate is a guy and I have no idea what to do I’m freaking out!!”

She sent the text and looked around the room and gave a low sigh. How had life become so difficult? She couldn’t keep crashing on her parents couch, but having a male roommate who didn’t seem thrilled to see her either might be just too much for Mallory to handle.

William Harmond
giphy.gif

William chuckled softly but made an attempt to cough and cover it up. He scratched the back of his neck and watched as the shorter female stuttered over her words. “Are you always this articulate?” He asked, meaning it to be a joke but coming out as a condescending comment. He looked over at Ethan who looked, well less than pleased. His eyes took in the short figure of the female, Mallory she had said. “I’m William Harmond. Ethan’s friend.” He answered with a causal tone, though his eyes were twinkling with amusement. His eyes took in her petite figure and he laughed to himself as she placed her arms in front of her. She was pretty, above average for most girls he had seen. It wasn’t like he was into her, no she looked more like the type of girls Ethan went after at the college parties they often snuck into.

He watched the small female heave a large box in her arms and down the hall, listening to the clacking of her heels on the hardwood floor. Turning to face his friend he smirked, with no attempt at hiding his amusement at the situation. “Well. At least she’s cute” he said with a small chuckle. “Seriously she looks like that one girl you dated. What was her name? Penny or something?” He said with a shake of his head. “So, what do you think you’re gonna do?” He asked his friend seriously as he looked at the girls boxes.

• Love
ethan

SkinnyWickedAustralianfurseal-max-1mb.gif

"Her name was Penelop - I don't know what I'm gonna do!"
Ethan hissed at Will, openly glaring at his friend for even finding the entire situation so amusing. There was no hint of mirth or pleasure on Ethan's face, quite the contrary, to be exact. He was sure to keep his voice down, not wanting to share how obnoxious he found the entire thing with his ... female roommate. If they were to live with one another he didn't want their relationship to sour before it even began.

Ethan had already signed the lease and there was no getting out of this. He needed a place to stay and already paid for his sty in the apartment, and it was such a nice one too. Clean, recently renovated, spacey and closer to his bus route, which meant closer to work. It was much unlike and better than his previous small roach-infested place. He had Ben so happy to find the room he now good in, only having to pay half price with the exception of a roommate.

A roommate that just happened to be a girl! That one detail that could and would be ruinous.
"Obviously, there's nothing I can do about it, but have a word or two with the landlord," the person who failed to mention this. He sighed heavily, "what will I tell Jess." Ethan exasperated a loud, but he only meant to think it.

Jess, his sometimes ex and sometimes not. They were on and off so much that even they didn't know when they were together or not. Currently, they were very aware that they were off, but they still loved one another and Ethan planned on winning her back. That would fall all through once she discovered he was living with a girl. And a very beautiful one at that, she was petite and exactly like the girls he used to date. This would not go over well.

"She will never talk to me again," Ethan groaned, and he wasn't being overdramatic, knowing Jessica Harley, she'd probably shun him.

annabelle

imogen-poots-gif-1-1.gif

Annie was on the bus when she read Mallory's text. Despite her best friend, who she referee to as a sister, telling her not to worry when they talked on the phone earlier, she was already on her way to Mallory's new home. She didn't go because she was worried, but because she wanted to surprise the other girl by coming earlier than expected to celebrate her new place and help her unpack. But she nearly dropped the bag which contained the icecream cake she bought for celebration when reading the text sent. She was about ready go dash off the bus and run to the place.

Instead she pulled on the string at the window so the bus driver would let her off at the next stop, which, luckily, happened to be right beside Mallory's apartment building. As soon as she departed from the vehicle she rushed inside the building, though, stopped for a moment at the two cars loaded with boxes, quickly recognizing the one that belonged to her sister's. She nodded her head and headed inside to room 301, that was the number Mallory had told her and she remembered it when they first went to check out the place.

Annie didn't knock when she was at the door, she simply entered. Why would she knock in such dire situation? When Mallory was in a room behind closed door with some strange man? She only wished she had brought her baseball bat, she always offered to beat anyone who hurt her friend to a bloody pulp with it. And she was on edge after her cheating pig of an ex.

She stopped in her tracks at the sight of two men, handsome man, very handsome, indeed. A sheepish smile made it's way onto her face as a frown made it's way to the taller man's face. She cleared her throat and pulled her round sunglasses from her face, revealing her bright clear blue eyes. "Oh, hello there, I'm Annie. I'm looking for Mallory ..." Her voice had a slight flirtatious lilt to it.

The taller male pointed to a room without further questions or anything else. She whispered a silent thanks, and turned to the other male, smiling sweetly. "Um, can you put this in the freezer? I don't want it to melt. It's for Mal."

"Sure," the one she dubbed as tall and gorgeous nodded, he looked rather annoyed but didn't express so.

With that she handed the bag away and winked at his friend before making her way into the room coolly. That cool composure was gone when she spotted Mallory and was replaced into that of a giddy highschool girl.
"Oh my god! You failed to mention that he was cute, they were cute, which one will you be living with? Doesn't matter, you lucky girl." She joked, but meant everything she said.

"Of course, if he lays a finger on you, I will break all of his fingers." And that was a promise. "So, what is this all about?"

• Love
Mallory Mortez
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f63506c6e46684a455338413741513d3d2d3432373637313738382e313463393134366466306633313337653638313339343432343738332e676966

Mallory stood up as soon as she heard the door open, hoping it was Annie. She went to open the door but paused as it flew open when her best friend entered. Mallory let out a long sigh as her giggly best friend fell against her bedroom wall. "Okay welllll they are drop dead gorgeous.. but that's not the point!" She said, running her fingers through her hair as she rubbed her temples. "How could this happen? What did I do to deserve this? All I wanted was a break from men.. How do I go from living with Paul to now.. ughhh!" She groaned angrily as she banged her head into her wall. "Oww.." she whimpered softly as she held her now throbbing head in her hands.

"Ethan.. I think his name is Ethan" She said with a soft voice. "The taller one who looks possitvely peeved by my existence" She said with a roll of her eyes. "The other one is William. His eyes remind me of yours. Large and kind" She said with a small smile to her best friend. "I appreciate you for coming.. how'd you get here so quick anyway?" She asked as she went to reopen her bedroom door. "Well while you're here mind helping me unpack? I really don't want to be alone with them.. at least not yet." She said starting down the hallway of her beautiful new apartment. "I'll bribe you with winnneeee" She teased as they re entered the living area, where William was already helping to bring some of her boxes inside.

"That's really sweet of you" Mallory commented as she helped drag her boxes inside. Giggling as he made a comment about Annie. "Oh yeah, you probably didn't introduce yourself did you" She said with a mock roll of her eyes, since the giggly blonde tended to get ahead of herself. "Annie is my best friend, were basically sisters." She said with a proud smile as she hip bumped her blonde bestie. "She'll be over a whole lot just a heads up" She said, mostly to Ethan. As she ripped open a box marked "Living room"

Throwing her collection of large fluffy blankets on the couch along with a few decorative pillows. "So uh.. have you two lived here long?" She asked, trying to make casual small talk, something she struggled with. As a lawyer she never had to beat around the bush. Especially not with her now ex boyfriend Paul. She let out a soft sigh and glanced at her phone, a small part of her hoping he'd call her up and beg her to come home.

William Harmond
tumblr_miotwvXirD1rmdxaeo1_250.gif

"Ah yes Penelope the little skinny girl you could spin on your finger.. Ah now she was fun" He said, reminding on a simpler time that involved him shot gunning beers and playing cup pong professionally. When the subject of his least favorite person, Jessica Harley, came up he groaned.

"Would that be such a bad thing?" He mumbled in a low tone. Walking a bit away so that Ethan couldn't hit him. He couldn't help his obvious disdain for his best friend's on again off again lover. "You know she only uses you for a booty call half the time anyway. Come on.. you know you deserve more than that" He whispered to his friend. He opened his mouth to say something else but looked at the door as it slammed open and another short blonde waltzed in to the room. "Oh great, there's two of them" He said sarcastically as the girl lifted her sunglasses to make eye contact with him. He gulped and instead of smiling he stared blankly at the beautiful girl. He'd never been good at flirting, probably why Ethan always had more girlfriends then him.

He tried to say something but stopped himself mid thought, the last thing he wanted to do was piss off the beautiful blue eyes doe. So instead he just pointed in the general direction that Mallory had stomped off too. When she handed Ethan an ice cream cake he smirked, obviously amused at the girl's offering. Something about her presence drawing him into her, and she'd barley said three words to him. After she moved her gorgeous hips down the hallway and out of ear shot her turned to his best friend with a grin.

"Look I don't know why you're so mopey. Two beautiful girls just sauntered into your apartment." He said, glancing around the room with a shake of his head. "Only you'd get so lucky to live with a hot girl and her hot friends, and not appreciate it. This was like our dream in college." He joked as he rolled up his sleeves and started dragging some of the boxes that belonged to Ethan's new roommate inside. Closing the door as her piled all the boxes up. He glanced up momentarily to see Mallory and Annie wandering in his general direction. "Yeah don't mention it, you guys left the door open anyway. That's a bad habit someone could rob you.." He said flatly as he leaned against the now closed doorway. "So.. Annie.. do you make it a habit to just barge into people's apartments? Or are we just lucky?" He teased, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

• Love
ethan

TestyImpartialEmperorshrimp-max-1mb.gif

Ethan snorted at William and his commentes, especially annoyed with the Ines made in regard to his, sorta, kinda, maybe but probably not, ex girlfriend. His best friends dislike for her was something he was familiar with, the feeling was mutual between them. Ethan simply views it as because they were from different backgrounds. Though, the same could be said about himself and Will.

Will was smart to move because Ethan was ready to punch his shoulder in defense of her. And sadly, glaring didn't have the same effect as a good old-fashioned hit would.
"If you like it so much, why don't you live here?" He grumbled, watching as Will left his side to help out Mallory and flirt horribly with her friend, Annie, if he heard right.

Will was right about one thing, though. Only Ethan could make something as exciting or cheerful, gloomy and agitating. He tended to be a bit of a partypooper without realizing it half the time. It probably had to do with his specially developed cynical attitude. Living with a beautiful women while her just as pretty friend visited often was not appealing to him at all.

The cons outweighed the pros.

Still, he was determined to make the best of it. He made a mental note to discuss rules and other things of the light with Malory for both their comfort. It was a necessity.

In the mean time, some friendly chat wouldn't hurt. He would gt know her better and have a feel of not only what kid of person she was but also roommate.
"No, I literally only just finished moving in boxes and unpacking half of them. Do you have anything else you need to bring in or need help with?" Ethan asked the short brunette, no longer as upset a he was before but neither smiling. "As you can see, I don't really have anything better to do at the moment."

annabelle

original.gif

"Ah, I was already around the corner when you texted me. I was planning to surprise you." Annie explained, following Mallory out of the room without complaint. She also took in the interior of the apartment, admiring it so, even though she had already saw it all before. And for the second time, she concluded it was a perfect living space for her best friend.

The only issue that my prove to be an obstacle was her new roommate, tall and gorgeo - er - Ethan. He didn't seem like a bad guy, but she was sure to keep her eyes peeled open. There were plenty of people she met who appeared not to be something really were. Of course, she was hoping he was actually a sweet guy underneath all that grumpiness.

At the mention of wine, Annie perked up like a puppy, I'd she had a tail, it would be wagging.
"Wine? Say no more, I'm sold!" She grinned adorably. Whether Mal bribed her or not she would have helped but knowing the her services would be with reward was a definite energy booster.

Then came along William, helping out like a gentleman. She chuckled softly at his question, appearing not at all shamed for busting in without so much as a knock.
"Just lucky." She smirked, folding her arms over her chest.

"My motives weren't exactly peaceful when entered knowing my best friend's roommate was a guy."
Meaning she was ready to threaten or knock heads together if need be. "It's to know you're not only good looking but sweet too."

• Love
Mallory Mortez
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f63506c6e46684a455338413741513d3d2d3432373637313738382e313463393134366466306633313337653638313339343432343738332e676966

Mallory giggled as her best friend flirted with the handsome guy who leaned against the doorway and smirked confidently. She was folding her collection of fluffy blankets on the back of the black leather couch when Annie excitedly agreed to some wine. She tore through a few boxes until she found the box that held her extensive mug collection and pulled out her wine glasses, elegantly wrapped in toilet tissue and bubble wrap.

She unwrapped 4 glasses and set them on the empty end table before pulling out of her purse a brown sack filled with a large bottle of white wine. "Would you two like some?" She asked as she went to pull the cork out. William offered to help her but she easily shrugged his help off and pulled it out with a satisfying sizzle. Pouring herself and Annie glasses of the golden substance. She walked towards Ethan who stood looking annoyingly civil and handed him a glass. "I'm not so bad I swear" She said with a small smile while offering the peace treaty.

"I have all my boxes, it's just unpacking now.." She said as she looked over the living room full of boxes. Pulling a large brown box into the kitchen and beginning to unload her collection of adorable mugs into a cabinet. "So Ethan.." She started to say as she climbed onto the counter top and finished unloading the mugs. "What do you do for a living?" She asked curiously, though she had many more questions.

As she sipped her wine she began to wonder more about Ethan. "Maybe this is too forward of me.. but I just have to ask. Are you dating anyone?" She asked, her eyes meeting his from above her glass. "I'm so sorry that came out wrong. Not that I'm interested in you or anything. I mean you're very attractive I just wanted too..." She began to ramble awkwardly before she lowered her eyes and hopped off the counter top. "Um.. boundaries.. are important" She said softly before embarrassingly brushing past him back into the main living room.

William Harmond

tumblr_miotwvXirD1rmdxaeo1_250.gif

William's eyebrow arched slightly at the girl's comment. He laughed softly at her comment and he answered "Good looking and sweet, obviously. But I'm not her roommate, my buddy Ethan is." He said nodding over to where his best friend stood with a civil but annoyingly peeved look in his eyes. He wished his best friend would loosen up a bit. At that moment Mallory pulled out a bottle of wine and he couldn't contain his laughter. "Seriously it's 11 am?" He said with a shake of his head. "At least let me open it so you don't hurt yourself." He offered, but Mallory shooed off his help and did it herself.

"Color me impressed" He said as he poured himself a glass and took a sip. "Well since Ethan is mostly unpacked and I'm already here. What can I help you unpack?" He asked as Mallory nodded at some of the ones marked "living room". He watched as she took the box of mugs into the kitchen and Ethan follow her, a little less annoyed but still giving off the unapproachable vibes.

Instead he turned his attention to annabelle and offered his hand out to hers to shake. "I'm William. But you can call me Will, since I have this feeling we'll be seeing a lot of each other." He said with a small smile. He couldn't help that she was beautiful and as he ripped open the box he noticed she had a lovely smile. As he handed her various objects for her to set up around the room. "So do you live around here?" He asked, he was never that great at small talk to begin with.

• Love
ethan

Who was Ethan to refuse a perfectly delicious looming glass of wine? If this was Mallory's way of bribing him into liking her, it was working. Despite it not even being lunch time get, be happy accepted the glass, swishing it around gently before taking a whiff and finally a sip. The taste of it was satisfying to say the least. The woman knew how to pick wine.

His features immediately softened now that he felt more at ease. And considerably less irritated and more willing to go with the flow. Especially since going against it wouldn't do anything except to perhaps make it worse. And Mallory was obviously trying to make an effort to be friendly, well, she really didn't have to try. Looking at her, he knew she was a gregarious person by nature.

Though, her words weren't so eloquent. He found himself chuckling softly despite himself. He cleared his throat and leaned against the middle counter of the kitchen, watching the wine in his cup swish back and fourth before looking back at Mallory.

"I'm a chemistry teacher for a local high school, though, I'm studying to become a professor." Ethan answered her easily and rolled his eyes. "I know it sounds boring. My students let me know every other day."

He sighed heavily, reminded of his ex.
"I don't mind you asking about my relationship status. I think we both should be aware if the other is seeing someone enough that we'd bring them home." He seriously doubted Jess would ever come over to his place any time soon. And she would be pissed and suspicious, knowing he lived with another woman.

"I am currently single and on the market."
He winked, just to tease her. "How about you? A pretty woman like yourself can't be single." Ethan took another delicious sip from his glass.

annabelle

original.gif

Annabelle watched Mallory leave them and to converse with Ethan. Eventually, she had to tear her eyes away, her attention being taken away Will and the glass of bubbly white wine. She would have plenty of time to inspect and interrogate Ethan later. And at the moment, he seemed easier to get along with.

She smiled at Will and shook his hand happily with a firm grip. It was nice to finally put a name to the face, though, Mallory may have already told their names to her now that she thought about it. Still, it was nice to get a proper introduction.

Annie dropped onto the floor, sitting in front of the taped boxes. She took her glass of the bubbly wine and sipped on it. "No, I don't." Annie said to Will with a slight shrug. She continued on as she tore open a box and began pulling out what it contained. "This place is way nicer then where I stay at, maybe I should get a roommate too, to afford the rent."

Annie chuckled softly,
"I live a little farther away from here. Though, most times I stay with my grandmother." Because her grandmother's apartment had heat and she liked the company and food. Her own apartment was cheap but big, it also happened to be her band's studio.

"What about you?"

• Love
Mallory
original.gif

Mallory stopped in her tracks as Ethan actually gave her the time of day, enough to answer her earlier question. She turned around and looked at him, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. "Really? You're a teacher?" She said, a small eyebrow raised as she looked him over. "My teacher's never looked like you" She said as she admired his rather physically attractive body. She imagined he was the teacher who kept girls day dreaming all through his class. "That's not boring at all, it's pretty cool. " She said, biting her lower lip as she answered, leaning against the other side of the doorway as they chatted.

"I just don't want any surprises, if a jealous girl is going to try and verbally attack me I'd like to be prepared." She said easily as she sipped on her wine again. "Besides I always love a good verbal argument" She said with a cheeky smile as she added. "Oh, I'm a lawyer, in case you were curious. I do have an adult job. My rent will always be on time" She added, figuring it was important that he knew she was at least some what reliable.

Her smile spreading at his very clever wink at the end of his next statement. "Interesting. I'll keep that in mind" She joked playfully, though her smile faltered a bit at his next statement. "Er.." She said, biting her lower lip and nervously chewing it. "I was.. I uh.. he cheated on me" She said, embarrassed as the words fell out of her mouth and her eyes averted awakrdly. "But it's fine. I'm totally over it. Besides now I get this great new apartment and a sarcastic yet oddly enduring man for a roommate" She said with a smirk as she glanced back up at Ethan and clinked her glass against his. "But if you use any corny chemistry pick up lines on me I'm moving out" She said with a playful glare.

Will
tumblr_oiee5zvepQ1vmfz3io1_500.gif

Will watched her eye his best friend and he let out a soft laugh. "He's a good guy I swear, maybe a little rough around the edges but aren't we all?" He smiled down at the floor where she sat when she mentioned getting a roommate of her own. "Eh, I'd be careful of that, not all guys are as devilishly charming and cold as Ethan" He teased, taking a sip from his own glass. "It can't be that bad right?" He asked as he raised his eyebrow at her before returning to his job as he piled the empty boxes up against the wall.

He easily picked up another full box and sat on the ground next to Annie and pulled it open. "Well that's sweet of you, I'm sure she enjoys your company." He said with a small smile to her. He thought over his own grandmother who had passed recently. Momentarily lost in his own thoughts before returning to the girl next to him "Oh I live in the neighborhood, I actually convinced Ethan to tour here, his old place was a dump." He commented with a snarky smile to himself.

"So, amuse me for a minute will you?" He started as he set his glass down next to her. "I'm kind of a people reader, so what do you do to pay your rent?" He asked, hoping it didn't sound as condescending as it had in his head. "I mean that you look like you paint social issues and speak at rallies and only own cats because dogs are too much of a responblity" He said with a light hearted tone. "I promise I'm not as much of an asshole as I'm coming off as"

ethan

"Yeah, but high schoolers are little shits most of the time,"
Ethan mumbled, or more like grumbled against the rim of his glass before downing the rest ofits continents. While enjoyed teaching the science of chemistry tremendously, it was a hassle having to deal with the teenagers in his lasses every day. Their moody attittude, sarcastic little disrespetive comments and most of all their drama. When he said this to Will before, the man had told him he literally just described himself.

"I never thought I would be one to go back to the hellhole called high school willingly,"
and he found himself chuckling at himself and Mallory's flattering statement both. His smile still not large, but was plastered on his fac nonetheless. She had such a lively an welcoming energy it was hard not to get pulled in by it."Me being this beautiful doesn't help either."

A long and heavy sigh from the very bottom of his lungs passed through his lips, as if being a goodlooking young man was an adversay in life, as if it was only a burden he had to carry.
"It's not easy being this handsome." Added Ethan, gesturing to his being and setting down his glass unto the counter. He made a mental note to clean it later.

"That is why I can not promise there won't be jealous girls visiting every other day to attack you verbally or physically."
Naturally, he was joking. However, therewould probably be one girl whop would be jealous and Ethan had no idea what she'd do. Jessica. His line of thoughts was discontinued by mention of "cheating boyfriend". At that he frowned.

Not even Jessica cheated on him. She always dumpe him first.

Not knowing how to respond to that, he didn't. Instead, he tried at a smile again and responded with.
"Well, damn. I already had a list of pick lines ready to use." Shaking his head, he went on, listing off her qualities with his fingers. "You're gorgeous, you're a lawyer, you have good taste in wine. You're basically perfection. I doubt you'll be single for long. But until then, may I please use one chemistry pick up line."

annabelle

original.gif

"I'll take your word for it." Annie narrowed her eyes at him playfully, but was entirely serious nonetheless. If Ethan hurt or did anything to Mallory bit would be his and Will's head on her mantle. She could read into when she was being too overprotective, though. Mallory was a grown woman and whole year older than herself, so, she knew her friend knew what she was doing. Trusting her was more comforting than trusting anyone else.

So, she was able to relax, her posture slumping a tad bit. Despite not knowing Will all that well she wasn't at all nervous or uncomfortable. He seemed really nice so far and she was naturally a person who was comfortable anywhere with anyone. Nothing fazed or flustered her much.

Listening to him spak, she couldn't help but scoff. Annie could have been offended, but she was more amused by his statements, nodding her head as she listene. When he finished, she actually laughed, shaking her head just one more.
"I'm not sure I believe you, but I'll pretend I do."

Annie snortd as she continued to unpack the box in front od her. "I will say, you are right for the most part, though. Especially about the cats." She nodded her head gravely.
"But you merely scratched the surface."

Turning around to face him, she pointed a slender finger at him and said.
"Shall I read you now? Hmm, let's see." She hummed, upping her chin, taking in his features.

"You look like you are a hardworking young man, struggling on your own but willing to help others, pretends to be totally cool all the time but nervous on the inside and you're batman." She said using his exact same tone and sbnapping her fingers when she finished. "Tell me I'm wrong."

Mallory
tumblr_mvc6eaWIzA1roy5zpo1_500.gif

Mallory let out a soft scoff at William's comment on high schoolers. "Of course they are, they're full of unpredictable hormones that pump through their bodies non stop." She finished off her glass of wine and nearly snorted it out of her nose at his comment on his manly beauty. "Oh yeah you're a totally dream boat. You must have all those girls fawning over you" She said, her eyes lighting up as she joked with Ethan. Her smile widening at his small but still present smile, it made her feel as if this arrangement wasn't half bad after all.

"No of course not, it must be really hard to keep all that beauty up huh?" She said, her eyebrow raised slightly as a smirk curled at her lips. "Bring on the ladies, I can take them" She said, making a mock fist with her hand and punching the air, before brushing her shoulder off and giggling. Her eyes rolling, though her smile still plastered to his face at his mock disappointment of her no chemistry pick up lines rule. Mallory wasn't one to say no to anyone though, so she quickly gave in as he started listing off her qualities. Blushing slightly as she laughed. "Oh fine, but only because you flatter me. You can use one pick up line a day for everyday that I'm single.. maybe more depending on how drunk I am." She said with a laugh as she stacked the used glasses in the clean sink.

Turning her head to look at Ethan as she said, "So good looking, got a hot date tonight or would you and your friend care to join us for a movie night?" She asked, offering to spend her first free night getting to know her new roommate didn't seem like the worst possible way to spend an evening granted that she was now single. "Besides, it kind of seems like they're into each other" She teased, glancing around the doorway to see Will laughing at something Annie had said. They didn't need to say anything as their body lounge spoke for them.

Will

Clapping his hands together, Will looked rather amused as he leaned back on his hands. "See I knew you were a cat person" He teased. His eyebrow raised at her comment on him barely scratching the surface. "What are you also a secret millionaire hiding mountains of money in off shore swiss bank accounts? Or are you a mobster? Oh let me guess.. you're a super spy" He said with a snort of his own.

He actually cracked a large smile at Annie's reading of himself. "Absolutely," He said, nodding along as she guessed facts about him. "Don't forget a total tool and also incredibly handsome and fanatic in bed." He joked with a wink at her as she finished up. "And also a secret millionaire with an obsession for bats I suppose" He said with a smirk as he leaned into her and whispered. "But its kind of a secret so you gotta promise not to tell Ethan.. he might get jealous he's not Robin." He said with a snicker.

"Well I think all that's left is her massive pile of clothing.. should I refill your glass?" He offered with a sly smile as he reached over to refill his own glass. "So are you plans just to hide out at Mallory's new place instead of your grandmothers?" He asked, curiously as he leaned against the back of the leather sofa. "I might just stay over tonight and get hammered." He teased as he kicked his feet up and looked at her, a slight amused smirk on his cocky face.

ethan

tumblr_n53xzte6qM1rp4duqo8_250.gif

Five minutes into their conversation and Etan had to admit how compelling Mallory was. Of course, he had already sensed her friendly energy but had refused to get sucked into it, in fact, he had even been set on not liking her. If he didn't he would have thought she'd feel the need to leave before him to get away from his cold attitude. Alas, he failed, and quite miserably too.

While he hadn't completely opened up with her and gave her his exclusive award-winning smile saved for the special people he cared about. But he had smiled, he was smiling, and that was an impressive feat on it's. To add the icing to the cake, he actually laughed, even it was only a little, another amazing thing that this stranger had squeezed out of him.

Something about her made him feel comfortable, talking to Mallory was easy. He had a very big feeling that'd she be not only his roommate but his friend too. If only because she seemed like the type of person who wouldn't leave him alone.

"I'm glad someone finally understands the hardships of my devilish looks," he nodded his head gravely, but the smile on his face said otherwise. He was trying too hard to hold back a laugh. "I'll make sure use my pick up lines wisely. With that said, don't expect one until tonight." Ethan would have to select a good one, but there were oh so many of them.

"It would depend on the moving you'd be playing, I will not watch if it is not a chickflick," Ethan said sternly, obviously joking as he followed her to the living room. Really, Ethan watched movies of all kinds and though he didn't look it, he was easily swayed by the emotions of movies. He had once cried silent tears after watching Moulin Rouge.

He stood behind her, easily towering over her smaller body as he looked ahead at their two best friends. Her comment on bot Will and Annie drew his attention away from the movie.
"Oh boy, thy'.re going to come here every day just to have an excuse for each other aren't they? I dunno if I will be able to take it." A small laughed escaped him. At least he knew Will would. Ethan wondered how long it would be until he asked her out.

annabelle

tumblr_inline_o435m25ov91qlt39u_250.gif

"Wow, all of those things are a million times better than the truth," Annie laughed merrily, genuinely enjoying her fun conversation with Will. While she was one to easily get comfortable with strangers as long as they got along anyway, she was totally at ease sitting next to home and joking about themselves. "But no, I think I'll keep my secrets. Where's the fun without a little mystery?"

Annie found herself wanting to get to know him better.

A small blush appeared on her face at the mention of being "a fanatic in bed" but not too long before she rolled her eyes. "You are a total, aren't you?" She shook her head and her blonde curls moved along with it, falling ion her face annoyingly. She blew a few fringe strands away from her face so she'd be able to see at last. A habit of hers.

"You're secret is safe with me though, dark knight," with her right hand she gestured zipping her lips and throwing away the key. "I didn't think Ethan was the jealous type, to be honest." she leaned over, whispering into his ear softly before pulling back.

In answer to his previous inquiry, she just held out her empty glass. "You're getting a bit too confident don't you think?" her eyebrow raised, her lips forming a smirk as he poured her second glass of white wine. "If you're getting hammered, I have to stay behind and witness you being a drunken fool."

• Love
Mallory
tumblr_mvc6eaWIzA1roy5zpo1_500.gif

Mallory had always been good at getting people to open up to her, it was what set her apart from most lawyers in her field. She had earned her spot at the law firm by managing to extract a confession from a witness in one of the law firms biggest cases to date. She had a way with people, and that way was already working it's chairs on her once hard ass roommate. Mallory flashed him another smile as they chatted about his devilish looks.

"I understand completely you know, it's just so hard to be born with this beauty. I didn't ask to be born with these perfect looks" She exasperated with a dramatic flourish of her hand over her forehead. Laughing as the hand fell to her side and she shook her head at her own dramatics. The smile on Ethan's face causing her heart to flutter momentarily. After all a handsome man was going to be using pickup lines on her, who wouldn't be excited.

Mallory felt like she was in high school again with Ethan, he just had away about him that made her smile brighter. As they walked into the living room she shook her head in response to his question on the movie choice. "We usually spin a wheel or flip a coin on the genre, though I'm much more swayed by the classics. Pretty woman, Grease, Casa Blanca. All some of my favorites" She said with a look through one of her boxes marked "Movies". "Though don't be fooled, I also love a good chickflick or action movie." Her attention being momentarily snatched by the couple in front of her.

"Lord, we're going to have to start locking the doors. Or we throw them in a broom closet and see what happens" She joked as she watched her best friend be swooned by the handsome guy. "If he hurts her I'll have to kill him." She whispered to the much taller man with a smirk. Both of them seeming to silently agree the two would soon be something more than friends. Though Mallory had firm intentions of keeping things between her and Ethan as platonic as possible, but if he kept smiling at her like that she might eventually break down.

Will

"Oh so you're one of those girls huh?" Will said with a cocky smile at the little blonde next to him. "The "I'm a mystery you'll never figure out" kind of girls?" He echoed with a laugh at himself. "Well lucky for you I love a challenge and I'm always down to solve a mystery. Just call me Scooby Doo" He said, before cracking into a laugh and placing his hands on his forehead. "That sounded so much cooler in my head" He admitted with a shameful shake of his head.

The conversation shifted slightly and Will found himself a bit flustered by Annie. He was usually much harder to get to open up, but Annie's sweet and demanding nature had sucked him in. No girl had ever actually called him a tool to his face before. "Well, you'd be the first to say it to my face" He said with a bashful smile as they chatted. He momentarily reached out to flick one of her loose curls out of her face before withdrawing his hand awakrdly. "You have some wild hair there, it suits you" He complimented her, briefly revealing his sweet side.

"Ethan wouldn't admit it but he does have a little jealous twinge. But it's nothing in comparison to his on again off again thing.. Jessica is crazy jealous. I'm sure you'll have the displeasure of meeting her at some point" He said with an eyeball, though he was happy to switch the conversation to anything else. "I'm always confident, wine just boosts the feeling." He said taking another sip with a smile as she agreed to stay.

• Love
ethan

tumblr_n53xzte6qM1rp4duqo8_250.gif

"Gorgeous people like you and I need to look out for one another," Ethan shrugged his shoulders, becauise clearly it was the obvious thing to do. In other worss and his smile, it really meant that she was "alright", he'd be okay with her being his roommate. To say she was "alright" would be an understatement, truthfully. She was fantastic and he knew he wouldn't have to tolerate her but he would genuinely enjoy her company as he assumed she would his.

In truth, Ethan did not have many female friends, or friends in general. He liked to keep in a small circle, never feeling the need to have too many people as long as he had a few that he was close to. The only girls or women he had common interactions with was the ones in his family or the ones he was dating. He didn't have many shared interest with most girls he met and he didn't have the nicest personality either.

But now, here he was looking forward to being friends with Mallory. Honestly, if he wasn't already in a "kind of" relationship, he'd be interestd in her romantically. If he ever said that out loud to Jessica, she would probably never speak to him again.
"Well, I am all for any movie I love action, Mission Impossible movies or Marvel movies being my favorite."

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the other two, but he was smiling nonetheless.
"I can vouch that he's a good guy, the best guy I know." Ethan whispred back as he looked through her movie selection with her. And then in an even lower voice, he added, "but, if such an occurene ever happened. We never had this conversation, I don't want the cops thinking I was involved."

annabelle

tumblr_inline_o435m25ov91qlt39u_250.gif

At the mention of Scooby Doo Annie's ever so cool face broke out into laughter, unable to resist laughing with him. "Scooby Doo?" She asked, still giggling just a little, her grin still there and as bright as ever. "Oh and you were doing so well, so perfectly smooth too." The blonde teased, poing his shoulder gently now that she had the perfect ammunition. While she loved Scooby Doo and many other cartoons, she had to take the oppurtunity when it was presented to her.

In one way, it was comforting and endearing both. That this good looking guy who appeared so cool and captured her interest immediatly could make a fool of himself too. And she often made a fool of herself. All of the imperfections made one perfect. "You do know I will continuously call you Scooby and make puns at your expense from now on, right?" And Annie chuckle again.

Her laughter halted whn he touched her, or her hair, to be more precise. While her smile faltered only a little t the sudden action, her cheeks were painted a red shade. Yet, she continued to talk, hoping her blush went unoticed. "Yeah, well, you should see it when it's not under control." She laughed again, but awkwardly, and she inwardly cringed at herself.

So, annie was immensely thankful for a new topic being brought up. "Oh no, Ethan has a girlfriend? if he turned out to be a nice guy I was going to bribe you with Scooby snacks to help me play matchmaker." she was only half joking. Annie really did consider it, wghere she sat, hearing them laugh from the kitchen was enough for her to consider them as a pair. And she really wanted her to forget her douche of an ex.

"Well, then, have some more wine," she grabbed the bottle and poured a little more into his cup before doin the same to her own. "You'll need all the confidence you can get after the Scooby Doo thing."