Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
Do you have any hot takes in regard to the holidays or holiday-related stuff?

I have one: I don't like Pentatonix's cover of Hallelujah. I think it takes a private and somber song and turns it into the next hit pop song.

I have one: I don't like Pentatonix's cover of Hallelujah. I think it takes a private and somber song and turns it into the next hit pop song.
I have another: I don't think Hallelujah is a holiday song. The word hallelujah does not a Christmas song make.

I have another: I don't think Hallelujah is a holiday song. The word hallelujah does not a Christmas song make.

YES! Agreed, but I'm considering it on theme because it's constantly on Christmas playlists anyway, lmao.

Hallelujah isn't a Holiday song and to make it so is a travesty.

Edit// high-fives Ashi

• Thank You
Reactions: Ashi
Mariah's christmas songs are overplayed. Will this get me cancelled? T.T But that is one by me.

I don't know what a hot take is exactly but an opinion I have on the holidays is some people get WAY too into hating on others for enjoying it. In my opinion it's okay not to like Christmas and it's okay to hate it or any other holidays but that doesn't give you the right to rain on someone else's parade. If someone asks your opinion on a holiday go ham but otherwise it costs you nothing to stay silent and let someone enjoy something that makes them happy. There's so much hate in this world already, why make someone's day worse by harping on them for enjoying a holiday? 🤷‍♀️

I wouldn't say I dislike Christmas, it's an OK holiday (not as good as Halloween) but I will say that hearing Christmas songs the moment Thanksgiving is over is grating. I don't like most Christmas music, and it's always the same songs, just by whatever artist is popular. Of course you have the classics, and you'll always hear those too, but it's the same songs over and over. I think I'd mind it less if it wasn't so dominant once the season rolled around. Anytime you go into a store or turn on your average radio station, it's always the same music. Working in retail during the holiday season years ago was maddening, I tell you.

On the flipside, I do enjoy giving gifts, decorating trees, and making cookies and all that. It's just the music that's grating. It's a pretty alright holiday, music aside.

Oh I just wanna add, I really love Feliz Navidad. I'll listen to that one 1,000 times.

christmas-anime.gif

Me when Feliz Navidad

I have a strong dislike for real Christmas trees. (Ones that get axed down, anyway. It's fine to decorate ones that stay rooted in the ground.) It's always seemed so wrong to me that people go chop them down, or grow trees as a business only to have them chopped down, sold for a high price, and then tossed in the garbage. :[ Can't help it, I'm a big ol tree lover. Can't we all just use the fake trees instead!?
(Not only that but I'm highly allergic to pine trees.)

I think the Peanuts holiday movies are lame and boring!

• Love
Reactions: Sorrelfur and wren.
God I feel this. I had to watch those EVERY. YEAR. In school and that stupid song is burned in my brain

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: wren.
This is a hot take. However it's true they're boring. But I like them, and am a slightly boring person at times haha! But fair man, fair. My hot take: Eating an entire turkey is overrated. Just give me the turkey breast, preferably cooked in chicken stock because chicken has a stronger taste. thanks.

• Love
I don't like when people say that gift cards are a lazy gift. Or judge what you want as a gift.

I always ask people to pay my phone bill or sumn when they ask what I want because I just love not worrying about my bills! But everyone's always like shocked about it like, 'no i want to get u an actual gift >:('

Relieving my stress is an actual gift.

I don't like when people say that gift cards are a lazy gift. Or judge what you want as a gift.

I always ask people to pay my phone bill or sumn when they ask what I want because I just love not worrying about my bills! But everyone's always like shocked about it like, 'no i want to get u an actual gift >:('

Relieving my stress is an actual gift.
My grandmother asked me and my sister what she could get for us instead of cash this year for Hanukkah, and Mom outright just said "Grandma, it's a gift from you, they won't care that it's not something specific."

• Love