Hold Me Tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm Jack," Jack said, giving a small singular wave.

"Connor," the next lad announced, nodding his head.

"My name's Aldwin," Aldwin said in an almost meek tone, but he covered his nerves well. The lads listened intently as the other group introduced themselves, even though they already knew a few of their names from earlier conversations. "So... erm... Marilyn, how's your head and everything?" Aldwin asked, awkwardly. Jack shook his head slightly, sort of like an embarrassed parent, where as Connor just grinned. Turning his attention away, Jack returned talking to Sandy while Connor ran interference on the suspected boyfriend, Dean.

"So, Sandy, do you come to these fairs often?" Jack asked, showing a clear interest in the young girl but he also paid notice to the others so as not to be blatantly obvious. Connor's interference with Dean wasn't going quite as well.

"You a fan of soccer?" he asked. Soccer: a topic a man could talk about for days. Connor was banking on it that Dean would be a fan so he could keep him away from Marilyn and Aldwin. While Aldwin had no clue his friends were doing this, it was completely typical of them - throwing him at the first girl he smiles at and giving him no room to retreat.

After everyone introduced themselves, Marilyn caught a small wink coming from Sandy, but gave her a strange look back, not sure what she was winking for. After a few minutes when everyone was back to their own conversations, Marilyn turned to Aldwin who asked her about her head. She chuckled slightly,"Well.. I woke up this morning so guess that's a good thing. I don't think I have a concussion, and I let my dad check it out and he said it was just a little cut,"she said chuckling.

"Well both the two weeks that the fair is in town a year, yes, I love to come here,"Sandy said chuckling at Jack."And how do you like the fair so far? Have you ever been to one before?"she asked smiling at him. She was never one that would flirt, if she liked them, she would just come out and say it. One thing was for sure, she made sure she liked them a while lot before she told them though, so right now she was just testing the waters and see if she liked Jack or not.

Dean shrugged a bit as he looked over at Aldwin and Marilyn, then turned his head back to Connor. "Soccer as in soccer, or soccer as in football? Man I could talk about that for hours. I play on the high school team, quarterback actually. Me and Thomas and all our other friends like to go out on the weekends and play in the field. You should join us sometime,"he said as he continued blabbering on about the sport that almost every male worshiped.

With everyone having their own conversations, it suddenly got quiet as the firework show first began. Marilyn turned and looked at it with her eyes wide and her smile wider, always living fireworks more than anything else about the fair. She always thought it was the most prettiest thing in the world.

His eyes drawing up to the onyx, star-sprinkled sky above, Aldwin watched in awe as the black canvas became a display of colour and light. The loud din of cracks and bangs mostly muffled the amazed and astounded gasps of those who witnessed the show. Aldwin's mind was sent back to a time past by the spectacle, the whole scene very nostalgic of his hometown back in England. The local village fete would always end with a marvellous fireworks display. It was quite incredible given how small the village was. However, every year the residents were never disappointed, sort of like he wasn't in the present. Pulling his eyes from the wonder for a moment, he cast his gaze over Marilyn, following her form from head to toe. She sat, relaxed, completely lost in the sky above, cast adrift in her own amazement. He touched his fingers to his lips, realising that they had mirrored the smile on hers and let out a soft chuckle under his breath.

"Beautiful," he muttered to himself as the display drew to a close. Whether he was talking about the girl sat only a few feet away from him or the fireworks, however, was a complete mystery.​

Status
Not open for further replies.