Hogwarts Next Generation- All OCs

• Thread starter Tisiphone; Slave 2 Beauty
  • Start date

What do you think?

• Harry Potter is stupid! *WARNING this option may get you smited by our great overlord JK herself!*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching. Very interested, just can't post tonight.

Would enter with a male character. Name: Thaddeus Thorne. Newish Slytherin with a devious smile who was kicked out of Beauxbatons under mysterious circumstances (if that's ok) and is now attending Hogwarts. Joker. Showoff. Trouble maker. Little bit eccentric (it's a family thing). Loves Herbology, potions and any sort of magical creature (but particularly insects). Popular with the ladies (and maybe the gents. I dunno... ;-). Kinda egotistical. Vain. Selfish. But a good heart... maybe. Looks like this:

3bd23882660774eb1f0a9789dde7423b.jpg

I promise I'll make it into a real bio when I get the chance (tomorrow afternoon). Fair warning, I am new to Iwaku but I've been roleplaying since 2008 so I can handle myself.

Also, do you have a stance on hybrids? In the past I've played this character as having some weird nymph-ish/vamp-ish qualities (He can manipulate plants, but only if he's been drinking blood :devil:). I think it adds some fun and can be good for story building (esp if other characters start out not knowing that he does it) but I am a-ok with having him less weird.

BASICS

.:Full Name:.
Abell Jung Kim
.:Age:.
Sixteen
.:Nationality:.
Korean-British
.:Blood Status:.
Pure Blood
.:Astrological Sign:.
Aquarius
.:Gender:.
Male
.:Sexual Orientation:.
Bisexual

PERSONAL

.:Past/Biography:.
There isn't much to tell about Abell's childhood. He was born and raised in a household of Pure Bloods. Being the only child, he was able to get majority of the things that he asked for. The only catch is that he had to earn it by working hard. His parents were wonderful people who believed that everyone was equal and that your blood status didn't define you as a person. That being said, they taught Abell to believe in the same thing. Before he actually attended Hogwarts, he would read up on things that he would need to know, wanting to be a bit ahead. He didn't have anything better to do during his summers anyway. That was before he had friends to hang out with, though. As said before, Abell had a pretty normal childhood, nothing spectacular. Even now, at the age of sixteen, his is still pretty average, for a Wizard, that is.
.:Personality:.
Besides Abell's obvious intelligence and care for his studies, which everyone seems to know because of what House he is in, there is more to the young male than that meets the eye. On the outside, he is a quiet individual, always having his nose buried in a different book every time people see him. Being as quiet as he is, the male also happens to be shy, or, at least, socially awkward. He isn't keen on talking to strangers and can't seem to function when approached by people he doesn't know of. His shyness doesn't just affect his social life; it also bleeds into his academic life as well. While he may know the answer to a question, he would rather face one of his greatest fears than raise his hand to answer it. He's pretty much a wallflower when he isn't around friends or family. This, however, leads him to be very observant.

Now, when around friends and family, or on the inside, Abell is a completely different person. He isn't that shy, meek Ravenclaw that everyone views him as. In fact, he happens to be a bit more loud and boisterous. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have a filter. He'll say what he deems appropriate and keep everything else hidden. The male is a bit adventurous and is very loyal when it comes to his friends. He's also very supportive, which is proven when he goes to the Quidditch games and is one of the loudest ones cheering. Abell is very bubbly and always has a smile on his face when he's with those he holds dear to him.
.:Hobbies:.
Studying | Riddles | Reading | Hanging out with friends | Exploring school grounds
.:Fears:.
Expulsion | Storms | Heights | Failure
.:Talents:.
Can transfigure most things | Fast learner | Good memory

APPEARANCE

tumblr_ma64g1VtNm1rbpkrpo1_500.jpg

.:Height:.
5'7"
.:Weight:.
139 lbs

RELATIONSHIPS

.:Father:.
Lucas Kim
.:Mother:.
Anna Kim
.:Siblings:.
N/A
.:Relatives:.
Macy Lee | 62 | Grandmother (Anna's Mom) | Alive
Daniel Kim | 66 | Grandfather (Lucas's Dad) | Alive
Caitlyn Kim | 63 | Grandmother (Lucas's Mom) | Alive
Dylan Park | 38 | Uncle (Anna's Younger Brother) | Alive

.:Family Line of Work:.
Broom Makers

EDUCATION

.:House:.
Ravenclaw
.:Best Core Class:.
Transfiguration
.:Worst Core Class:.
Herbology
.:Quidditch:.
N/A

MAGIC

.:Wand:.
* 10 inches
* Cherry
* Unicorn Tail Hair

.:Pet(s):.
An American Curl cat named Louie.
.:Boggart:.
Being told that he's expelled from Hogwarts.
.:Animagus/Patronus:.
Red Panda

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HELL BOY☆
@Lackadaisical i like it so far but the hybrid thing is a bit much and Beauxbatons is a girls only school so... The only hybrids I'm comfortable wit would be like Remus (which the really a hybrid he got bit so he was a werewolf) or like Fleur Delacour's family or like Hagrid. I'm not 100% sure on the physics of vampires and nymphs in the Harry Potter world an I don't wanna give one character too much power. It's not exactly fair to the others.

@Kitsune I like it a lot!!!!! Let me know once you've finished it and I'll take another look at it!

Reactions: Lackadaisical
@Lackadaisical i like it so far but the hybrid thing is a bit much and Beauxbatons is a girls only school so... The only hybrids I'm comfortable wit would be like Remus (which the really a hybrid he got bit so he was a werewolf) or like Fleur Delacour's family or like Hagrid. I'm not 100% sure on the physics of vampires and nymphs in the Harry Potter world an I don't wanna give one character too much power. It's not exactly fair to the others.

Not to intrude, but I believe that Beauxbatons is not an all-girls school. The books did hint at male Beauxbatons students.

It's been a while since I read it but let me go google a few diff sources and if I'm wrong then I'll recant :)

Well, the Nymph/Vamp thing is a creature of my own creation. I usually tie it into the Thorne's family history. I say Nymph/Vamp to give an idea but it's really a creature just made in my own head, kinda like JK made up the threstle. He also wouldn't be particularly powerful at game start (or ever) mostly just uses it to impress the girls ("A flower for m'lady?") in cheesy fashion. He's actually afraid to use it much since he has to suck blood/life-force out of the environment to be able to manipulate plants. His Boggart would be a good friend or relative dead and surrounded by towering rose bushes. I also weaken it by making him less accomplished with wand-work (charms, transfiguration etc...) and absolutely hopeless on a broom. In practice, he wouldn't be any more powerful than say Tonks or even Hermione at that age.

Nevertheless, I get that it's a little weird and outside of canon so I have no issue dropping it. I'll leave it out of the background.

Also, Beauxbeautons and Drumstrang are both co-ed schools in the books. The bit where one is for girls and one for men was a creation of Warner Brothers. But I can make him have always been at Hogwarts too. I just kinda like the mysterious new-comer vibe. XD

Will start working on that bio now.

Last edited:

Thaddeus Thorne

Basics
Full Name:
Thaddeus Augustus Thorne
Nationality:
French/English
Blood Status:
Pureblood
Astrological Sign:
Libra
Sexual Orientation:
Mostly Straight but.... curious.

Personal

Past/Biography: Born to wealthy and aristocratic parents living in the South of France, Thaddeus was the eldest child and only son to one of the wizarding world's most peculiar and secretive families. Thaddeus grew up in houses of great opulence, sprawling mansions with immaculately kept grounds and magical menageries. Although close with his mother, Thaddeus's father was always somewhat distant and Thaddeus regrets not knowing him better before his mysterious death four years ago. He grew up rather spoiled and with a boundless and ridiculous sort of self-esteem that carries on into his teenage life. Being from France, Thaddeus started school at Bauxbeautons but was expelled due to rule-breaking (Beauxbatons it seems is much harsher on rule breaking!). Luckily, the headmaster at Hogwarts was intrigued by his family and was sympathetic to Thaddeus's predicament. He came to Hogwarts half way through his 4th year and then befriended the group.

Personality: A trouble maker with an irresistible smile, Thaddeus has the unusual distinction of being both a prankster and teachers pet (depending on the subject at least). Thaddeus's mannerisms are something that could only be described as "larger than life" as if every day were a performance. He's attention seeking to the extreme and craves the limelight. Thaddeus is friendly, outgoing and a little bit vain. Apt to spend long amounts of time staring at the mirror. Still, Thaddeus is incredibly loyal to his friends, even if he sometimes get's on their nerves with his antics. He can be selfish and often oblivious to how his actions are affecting others.

Hobbies: Gardening. Bug collecting. Classical Piano. Horseback riding. Writing Poetry.

Fears: Losing his friends. Being alone. Flying. Hurting people.

Talents: Thaddeus has a knack for working with plants and animals. He can tell you the name of most magical plants and animals. Although most of the time he wears his emotions on his sleeve, Thaddeus is a great actor when he wants to be.

Appearance

3bd23882660774eb1f0a9789dde7423b.jpg

Height: 5"8
Weight: 145lbs

Relationships
Father: Thanos Thorne (deceased)
Mother: Rhea Thorne
Siblings: Meliae Thorne
Relatives: No one mentioned in the books.
Family Line of Work: Herbologists, Explorers, Inventors.... very old and very powerful in France (not generally trusted).

Education
House: Sytherin
Best Core Class: Herbology
Worst Core Class: Transfiguration
Quidditch: Absolutely useless on a broom.... (N/A)

Magic
Wand
- 12 Inches
- Rosewood
- Dragon Heartstring

Pets
barred_owl_Strix-varia.jpg

Alder - A Barred Owl.

Boggart
Thaddeus's Boggart is his little sister Meliae dead.

Animagus/Patronus
A Butterfly.

Note: If anyone felt they wanted to play Meliae, I would be open to this. No need to though. She may be too young for school.​

Alrighty, I like it @Lackadaisical you're accepted. I apologize for jumping the gun on the Beauxbatons thing but I'm still not too comfortable with the plant thing. You can change it or maybe add later on that he's part Veela which could help with his ladies-man rapport. :)

Also the whole thing with him being new- I'm alright with that but just so the start of the year isn't awkward would you consider Thaddeus having attended the last three or so months of the previous school year at Hogwarts. Long enough he got slightly comfy with our group but not so long that the "new kid smell" has worn off ;)

Reactions: Lackadaisical
No worries! I've got him having had moved the beginning of his 4th year and since he's 16 he would now be in either his 5th or 6th year (probably 6th, though I could go either way if there are move 5th years) so hopefully that's long enough. I'll go look at your group.

HUGE WORK IN PROGRESS

BASICS

Abell Jung Kim
Sixteen
Asian-British
Pure Blood
Aquarius
Male
Bisexual

PERSONAL

Studying | Riddles | Reading | Hanging out with friends | Exploring school grounds

APPEARANCE

5'7"
139 lbs

RELATIONSHIPS

Lucas Kim
Anna Kim
N/A

Broom Makers

EDUCATION

Ravenclaw
Transfiguration
Herbology
N/A

MAGIC

* 10 inches
* Cherry
* Unicorn Tail Hair

Red Panda

Omg! Luhan!!!! *fangirling*

===

I might add two more characters (Iris' brothers), and they'll probably both be in Gryffindor.

Omg! Luhan!!!! *fangirling*

===

I might add two more characters (Iris' brothers), and they'll probably both be in Gryffindor.
Actually I'd rather keep two characters per person. I don't want it to get too big. It's supposed to be about a small group of friends not really the whole school...

PHEW. Had a busy week at work, so I haven't gotten around to making a character yet. But just throwing it out there, I'm working on a skeleton now!

Basics

Full Name
Teagan Cleary

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Astrological Sign
Leo ♌

Nationality
Irish

Blood Status
Muggle-Born

Personal

Biography
Born into a normal muggle household, no one in Teagan's family knew anything about magic. Sure, sometimes weird things would happen to Teagan that no one could really explain, but nothing so drastic ever occurred that it couldn't be brushed off with a curious glance and a shrug. And so, Teagan lived a relatively normal life before the age of eleven. She wasn't exactly well-liked at school, as she usually stood up for the weird kids that everyone else avoided; hence, she was considered an outcast, just like the students with which she chose to sympathize and hang out. This never bothered her, however. She liked the friends she had chosen, and they treated her well even when others didn't. Teagan was just happy to be able to put a smile on someone's face.

Because of this context, when Teagan began getting letters from some mysterious institute called Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, she assumed it was a prank. The letters kept on coming, but she was sure that it was the kids at school pulling some weirdly elaborate prank. Her parents wanted to inform the school of the bullying that was occurring, but Teagan asked them not to. It wasn't malicious, and she was sure things would die down eventually.

The curious thing was that things never did die down. And, after a while longer of receiving letters, Teagan slowly began to realize that this wasn't some elaborate prank -- that Hogwarts really did exist, and that she really had magical abilities. Obviously, this changed her life forever, and she's never once looked back ever since.

Personality
Teagan was really only an inch away from being sorted into Ravenclaw. While she certainly isn't anything like the smartest person in the class, she's knowledgeable in many things and cares deeply about her studies. She considers it greatly important to always remain open-minded, particularly because interacting with other people requires you to be able to see things from another's perspective. In this regard, Teagan is highly sympathetic and never judgmental, and this is perhaps where her Gryffindor qualities come in. She's not know to be brash or notably outgoing, but she always puts the thoughts and feelings of others before her own. She is witty, happy-go-lucky, and passionate about life, with a strong sense of righteousness -- but she is very aware that not everyone holds the same outlooks as she does, and she respects all people from all walks of life.

Hobbies
In her spare time, Teagan enjoys flying, drawing, playing the fiddle, and exploring. Despite being a muggle and never having touched a broomstick before in her life (well, the flying sort, anyway), she picked up on it very fast and is quite the talented flier. She's also quite an artist, and her fiddling comes from her Irish background and love of Celtic music. The exploring part is just a manifestation of her adventurous side. She has this weird fascination with tunnels and caves, and she enjoys exploring every dark corner of the Hogwarts castle when she gets the chance.

Fears
Hurting others.
Dying before her time.
Accidentally spilling the beans about magic to her muggle friends at home.

Talents
Drawing.
Playing the fiddle.
Sympathizing with people.

Appearance

tumblr_npkunnVpvy1tg5ebqo1_500.png

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 126 lbs

Relationships

Father - Timothy Cleary
Mother - Mary Cleary
Siblings - John and Finn Cleary (older brothers)

Family Line of Work
Timothy Cleary is a cobbler and free-lance musician, and Mary Cleary is a nurse. John is a recent college graduate and works in advertisement, and Finn is currently studying anthropology abroad in Italy.

Education

House
Gryffindor

Best Core Class
Defense Against the Dark Arts

Worst Core Class
Transfiguration

Quidditch
Chaser for the Gryffindor Team

Magic

Wand
11 1/4 inches
Cypress Wood
Dragon Heartstring Core

Pets
A brown tabby cat, ironically named Merlin.

Boggart
Her best friends crowding around her and yelling at her for letting them down and/or hurting them.

Patronus
A sea otter.

Last edited by a moderator:
amy-adams_in-style-magazine.jpg

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 126 lbs

Basics

Full Name
Teagan Cleary

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Astrological Sign
Leo ♌

Nationality
Irish

Blood Status
Muggle-Born

Personal

Biography
{TBD}

Personality
{TBD}

Hobbies
{TBD}

Fears
{TBD}

Talents
{TBD}

Relationships

Father
Mother
Siblings
Relatives
Family Line of Work

Education

House
Gryffindor

Best Core Class
{TBD}

Worst Core Class
{TBD}

Quidditch
Chaser for the Gryffindor Team

Magic

Wand
11 1/4 inches
Cypress Wood
Dragon Heartstring Core

Pets
A brown tabby cat, ironically named Merlin.

Boggart
{TBD}

Patronus
A sea otter.
Yes omg finally more non-English characters *high fives* (my character is Scottish)

Reactions: BB-Bauers
Your picture and height/weight are in the wrong place and the woman in the picture is in her mid-late 30's so if you could... I hate to be picky cuz some face claims are like in their 20's but she's just a bit too old...

Other than that I LOVE it!

HUGE WORK IN PROGRESS

BASICS

Abell Jung Kim
Sixteen
Korean-British
Pure Blood
Aquarius
Male
Bisexual

PERSONAL

There isn't much to tell about Abell's childhood. He was born and raised in a household of Pure Bloods. Being the only child, he was able to get majority of the things that he asked for. The only catch is that he had to earn it by working hard. His parents were wonderful people who believed that everyone was equal and that your blood status didn't define you as a person. That being said, they taught Abell to believe in the same thing. Before he actually attended Hogwarts, he would read up on things that he would need to know, wanting to be a bit ahead. He didn't have anything better to do during his summers anyway. That was before he had friends to hang out with, though. As said before, Abell had a pretty normal childhood, nothing spectacular. Even now, at the age of sixteen, his is still pretty average, for a Wizard, that is.
Besides Abell's obvious intelligence and care for his studies, which everyone seems to know because of what House he is in, there is more to the young male than that meets the eye. On the outside, he is a quiet individual, always having his nose buried in a different book every time people see him. Being as quiet as he is, the male also happens to be shy, or, at least, socially awkward. He isn't keen on talking to strangers and can't seem to function when approached by people he doesn't know of. His shyness doesn't just affect his social life; it also bleeds into his academic life as well. While he may know the answer to a question, he would rather face one of his greatest fears than raise his hand to answer it. He's pretty much a wallflower when he isn't around friends or family. This, however, leads him to be very observant.

Now, when around friends and family, or on the inside, Abell is a completely different person. He isn't that shy, meek Ravenclaw that everyone views him as. In fact, he happens to be a bit more loud and boisterous. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have a filter. He'll say what he deems appropriate and keep everything else hidden. The male is a bit adventurous and is very loyal when it comes to his friends. He's also very supportive, which is proven when he goes to the Quidditch games and is one of the loudest ones cheering. Abell is very bubbly and always has a smile on his face when he's with those he holds dear to him.

APPEARANCE

5'7"
139 lbs

RELATIONSHIPS

Lucas Kim
Anna Kim
N/A

Broom Makers

EDUCATION

Ravenclaw
Transfiguration
Herbology
N/A

MAGIC

* 10 inches
* Cherry
* Unicorn Tail Hair

Red Panda
@Tisiphone; Slave 2 Beauty I've finally finished my character~! Sorry it took so long ^^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.