2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
It has been decades since the fall of Voldemort and his followers. A lot of progress has been made since then. The Ministry underwent massive reform under the administration of former Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. Pureblood-centric laws have been abolished, and the ministry, allegedly cleansed of its corruption and prejudice, has never been better. Progress, in a smaller scale, has also been made in strides: the wizarding world has shed its old-fashioned ways and begun adopting modern technology and pop culture.

Some say that these changes are for the better, but there are those who would argue otherwise. For not all changes have been good; and sometimes what is proclaimed to be progress is, in fact, the opposite.

In 2019, the Progressive Society for Worldwide Peace and Cooperation (PSWPC) forced the Ministry's hand to reveal itself and the existence of the wizarding world to muggle society. Many believed this was for the best, that it was high time for both worlds to co-exist. And yet, relations between the two remain hostile.

It is the dawn of a new decade, and the polarizing political climate and sensationalist media have had a dire effect on the people. Misinformation and panic have been spreading. Although Voldemort was defeated years ago, his influence still remains. More and more, as society grows ever polarized, people are starting to regress to old habits. There are those who claim that Voldemort was an innocent man. And at least half of the wizarding population has begun rallying behind his modern incarnation, Julius Ainsworth, whilst loudly proclaiming their discontent for the current Minister.

Many believe that there would be a war soon. The only question is when.
CHAPTER I. THE WARY AND WEARY WIZARDS

Date: August 30th, 2020
Time: 11am
Event: Shopping for School Supplies
Weather: Sunny

It is a day before the start of term. Muggle-wizard relations are still tense in the wake of the recent terrorist attack. In order to ensure the safety of wizards and their homes, muggles are no longer permitted within any wizarding town or establishment. Meanwhile, the students of Hogwarts are to do their shopping in groups. The Leaky Cauldron--a pub that once connected London and Diagon Alley--has recently been closed down, forcing the students to take a different route to get to the shopping district.

It is a good thing that the professors of Hogwarts are watching over the students and taking lead. In this tumultuous time, these understandably anxious teenagers are easily frightened. With the professors around, things should go relatively smooth-sailing.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / SS / EXT / OOC
1 / 2

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Interactions: -- Henry Chen @Adrian
This was a nightmare and he'd wake up any second now, would go about his day as usual with just a little bit of awkwardness. Surely, he hadn't just groped his best friend in a classroom.

Except he had, and hadn't stopped standing there like a complete fool, even after Elise rushed from the room without even looking at him. He was glad she hadn't, he felt like he was melting into a puddle of mortification and in no way was it dulling.

His throat tightened with guilt and a nauseating about of embarrassment as he scrambled to gather his things and Elise's forgotten ones; before quickly rushing from the room, careful to avoid everyone's gaze.

His trip was a complete daze, getting into the Hufflepuff dormitory was forgotten the second he stepped inside. Why he went to Henry of all people, he didn't know; but here he was and there was his friend, sleeping in blissful peace. It wasn't fair.

He dumped his books and Elise's onto the bed. "Get the hell up now! I need your help," he managed, voice sounding strangled. He tipped half the bottle of water, he usually kept under the bed to help wake him, right into his face.

"Henry! Wake the hell up and help me! Please!" He was definitely desperate, it was painfully clear in his tone.

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: RaccoonKing
FONT1

Henry Chen

Interactions: Ash
Henry barely stirred from his deep slumber even as Ash burst into the room. Throughout his friend's yelling, he simply mumbled something incoherent and shifted to the side.

"Just 5 more minutes," he groaned.

It wasn't until Ash threw water on his face that he'd actually gained some semblance of consciousness again. He sat up a little, wiped the water from his face, then looked at his hand like he wasn't exactly sure what he was seeing. Then he looked at Ash, blinked, and fell back onto the bed again.

"I don't have class, man, come on."

• According to Plan
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

A trembling hand scrubbed at Ash's face as he dropped down onto Henry's bed and buried his face in his hands. "I know, I know," He said quickly. "But i really, really messed up Henry....I mean, it was a mistake, it's not like i intentionally did it..." he rambled out.

He pulled his hand back to look at it, feeling as if the offensive limb had burnt him. "Elise will never speak to me again!" He said sadly, rubbing at his forehead.

"I grabbed her..." he grimaced, his ears turning pink as he looked away. "You know..." he gestured to his chest, the words weak, redness bleeding back into his cheeks vivid all over again.

"I need you to take her back her books, if you could also say sorry...is sorry even enough? God this is a nightmare," he moaned, hiding his face again.

• Haha
Reactions: Lisianthus
FONT1FONT2

Elliot Graves

Interactions: -- Arnold Byrne @Adrian
Elliot moved to the chest at the end of his bed, pulling out and old style medicine bag. He tugged down his goggles, amplifying his vision. There was a number of complicated gears on the side which shifted the settings, one of his earlier inventions. Efficient but not overly glamorous; he always wore them.

He measured out a few of their previous potions, small steps leading to this point. He tipped them into a larger beaker. He then reached for the last ingredient, only to find it missing. He quickly scrambled to the chest again, vanishing half into it as he dug around in the bottom. "Blasted things!" He scowled.

He pulled his goggles free dropping them as he got up to check the rest of the room, digging through his clothes.

"You know that ink we enchanted, the muggle..."
he rambled off before having a very 'ah ha' moment and dived onto his bed, pulling the little vial from beneath his bed. "Yes!" He cried, stumbling and tripping onto the ground in his hurry to get out of the bed and return to the waiting potion.

"Isn't this exciting Arnold!" He said, crawling the last slither of distance to tip the enchanted ink into the waiting potion. Obviously they'd have to work out the kinks for other colours, but for now they had black! He stirred it up and held the beaker up to Arnold. "We must test!" He said eagerly.

He went to Arnolds side as he finished reconstructing their machine.

FONT1

Henry Chen

Henry was by no means a morning person, and so when his friend sat on the foot of the bed and started rambling, he barely heard—much less understood—what in the world he was talking about. Still unaware of the clear distress on Ash's face, Henry yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

When he'd finally managed to focus his vision, Ash was making some vague gesture with his hand and talking about books and apologies and other things that Henry failed to understand due to the lack of context.

"What?" He finally croaked out, "Grabbed what? And why am I wet."

FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Ash stared at Henry for a long moment, trying to wager whether he was being serious or not. "You weren't waking up, water was the best i had." He shook his head and gestured again, flexing his fingers in a grabbing motion for more emphasis. "You know..."

He paused a long moment before sighing in frustration. "I grabbed her breast...boob...you know.." he failed a hand and hid his face once more, prepared to dig a hole and bury himself. This was a nightmare. "I messed up bad, she's not going to talk to me ever again..." he shifted around and grabbed the books he'd thrown down on the bed.

"What am i meant to do Henry? Help me."

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Lisianthus
FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Lysandra Wu
Her tears were pathetic. She acted as if he'd punched her back, when he was the only one between them with a reddening jaw. What did he know, she'd asked, her words choking on a sob.

There it was. The pity party. All because his words hit a little too close to home.

He didn't believe her apology. Instead, he just stared into the distance, fist still clenched by his chin, ears still ringing with pent-up anger.

The girl had just slipped off the roof when a professor's authoritative voice stopped her from leaving.

What now? He thought disdainfully. It seemed like everyone was out here trying to ruin his fucking day.

They acted as if he cared about house points. As if he cared about detention. As if he cared about any of this shit.

He dropped down from the roof and turned to leave, intending to find a place where he could finally be alone.

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
FONT1FONT2FONT 3FONT4
Lysandra Wu
Interactions: Solo
Lysandra threw herself onto her bed soon as she reached her dorm room, a soft groan escaping her lips, muffled by the mattress underneath. The scene played in her mind like a broken record. Her legs started swinging hard, hitting the mattress, her head against the pillow.
She sat up straight. A cry of frustration could be heard coming from her. What had she done? What had she done? What had she done? Her hands sunk into her hair, tugging and ruffling them. How could she have messed up so badly? She wanted to beat herself up. She stood up, and paced around the room, each step faster than the other. A heavy feeling had settled upon her chest. The image of his jaw branded in her mind, taunting her. She began to tug hard on her clothing, wishing to take it all off, her breathing becoming erratic and her face contorted, as she tried to breathe. The guilt was gnawing at her, its nails sinking deep into her heart.
No. No. No. That should not have happened. None of that should. She should have walked away. She should have listened to her instinct. She shouldn't have tried. Everything was useless now. She knew. Whatever she did, he'd just–
But she had to make amends. Even if the result wouldn't be as she hoped. She had to try at least. She reckoned he wouldn't take any of her gestures all too kindly. He would definitely just mess with her mind again.
She didn't even understand why those words hurt her. Or caused her to be angry. She never really cared about those. She tugged on her hair, and let out broken whimpers. Good lord. She needed air. She needed the sky.

FONT1

Henry Chen

"Oh." Henry blinked a few times. Then, as if an epiphany had dawned on him: "Ohhhhhh."

There was a momentary pause.

"Oh." He lifted his eyebrows, eyes finally widening with realization. He'd just figured out how bad the situation was.

He seemed to stare beyond Ash for a moment, trying to process this information.

"Wait, who was it?" He finally said, now sitting up so that he could face his friend properly. "And how did it even happen?"

• According to Plan
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Ash rubbed at his face as each 'oh' filled him with more dread. "Stop saying ohh, damnit, I'm going to rip my hair out," he moaned in distress, clenching his fingers in his hair.

"Elise..." he mumbled, pushing his hair back and peering at Henry. "She fell, and I reached out to catch her...only it turned out all wrong and then i just stood there gaping and looking like a complete moron..." he shook his head.

He gave Henry a desperate look. "I didn't even say sorry, before she was running away...i messed up, bad right? God, i feel horrible," he mumbled, ducking his head.

"I really like her Henry...I don't want our friendship to suffer because of this..."

They'd been friends for years. He definitely wouldn't have the confidence to ask her out now, he'd wanted to, had somewhat planned to this year, except that was in no way going to happen now.

FONT1FONT2

Alistair Blackbourne

Interactions: Persephone Gaunt
It was the perfect time to go to the library. It was early morning, which meant the library didn't have too many people occupying it. Most students were either in class or going back to sleep after breakfast. Alistair himself had his first period free, and he'd always found it easier to study during the morning. After all, it was often during the mornings when his mind was fresh and well-rested.

He'd planned to study for his NEWTs. He intended only to get the highest marks, and his relatives--grandfather especially--expected as much from him. He wandered along the aisles, scanning rows upon rows of books without really noticing his surroundings much. Then, he stopped.

He'd found what he was looking for.

He reached out for the book's spine, when his hands accidentally met someone else's. It was Persephone, a sixth year prefect and Aurelius' sister.

When she started to introduce herself, all Alistair said in response was, "I know,". He hadn't really talked to her much before; in fact, he actively avoided her because of her brother Aurelius. Crazy sometimes ran in the family, after all. But he knew of her name at least.

"You can have the book," he was already disinterested in the conversation before it had even started. He just wanted to be left alone so he could study.

FONT1FONT2
Jessica de la Rosa
Interactions: Elise
Jessica had just turned the corner when she ran smack into someone. All her books spilled to the floor and a long deliberate oath escaped from her mouth.

"Puñeta--" She stopped herself. For God's sake, she had only managed a full hour of not swearing. She quickly gathered her books only to realize that the person she'd bumped into was Elise, who looked… well, like she'd just seen the devil himself.

"Elise?" Jessica raised her eyebrows, her face contorted into a mixture of surprise and confusion. "What's wrong? And… wait, aren't you supposed to be in class?"

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Echo Sayre

Interactions: Persephone and Alistair
@Ghostly Boo @Adrian
Echo woke the official morning of term with one of her healing books on her chest. She laughed to her self and set the book on the night stand that was next to her bed. She made her way to the girl's prefect lavatory and proceeded to get ready for the day. Dressed smartly in her robes and her hair in perfect waves over her shoulder. She went back to her room and picked up her bag for the day, filled the books that she would need as well as her wand tucked into her robes in a hidden compartment.
Echo made her way down to the library where she needed to pick up another book and really just wanted to be in the silence to focus on making some notes for her classes. She opened the door and set her bag in a corner near the restricted section before making her way up and down the ailsles trying to find the book she needed for the day. She wondered down an ailse and found Alistair and Percy from the year below them. She cleared her throat they happened to be in the area of the book she was looking for.

FONT1FONT2

Persephone Gaunt

Interactions: Alistair Blackbourne. @Adrian Echo Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose
Reddened cheeks seemed to only flush more until withdrawing completely from the book. Turning to hear the throat clearing from Echo Sayre. Gaze darting back to Alistair lowering her head. "No, you take it. Sorry for bothering you." Percy went so far to place the book down on the counter in front of them.

Glancing back to Echo. "Good morning Sayre, I hope you had a good sleep." She bowed her head in greeting. Unlike her brother who was a disrepectful character, she was kind and polite. Maybe a little shy and meek as well. Shaking hands grasped her books and she moved out of the way, scanning the other sleeves for titles. Knocking into another student at the end of the isle, causing her pile on her foot. A small jolt rippling up her back before quickly helping the other student with their books first.

A bashful fifth year, which Persephone only offered a smile. Helping pile the books back into their arms. Suggesting a few other books that were a little richer in their information than the present ones they were carrying. Getting to her feet once more, waving off the elf that offered to help her.

Mostly because they feared her like her own brother. "No thank you, I can handle this. I'm sure you have an awful amount of work as it is." Her voice was light and nimble. When she walked away there was a balance and grace in her step that worked well for a Quidditch chaser. Yet, she was wary of anything of the sort.

FONT1

Henry Chen

There was a moment of silence as Henry took all this information in. He felt wide awake now even if he'd been complaining just a few moments ago.

"Wow man, I didn't know you had it in you," He chuckled, shaking his head a little. A stray lock of hair on his head wiggled around like an antennae.

"Jokes aside, though, you worry too much," With this, Henry's stomach rumbled as if in agreement. Henry gave it a good rub. "Just apologize. If you act like it's a bigger deal than it actually is, then it's going to end up being a bigger deal than it actually is."

Then something about Ash's last words just clicked in his head. "Wait--you don't mean--you like like her?"

FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Ash gave him a vaguely, horrified looks. "That's...It wasn't on purpose!" He shook his head, looking pale with just the thought.

"Don't joke Henry!"

He fell quiet for a long moment, gaze thoughtful before he ducked his head, clenching his fists and glared down at the books. "I want to apologise," he admitted. "It was an accident..." he squirmed uncomfortably. "I just...how the heck am i meant to even face her?" He muttered then pushed the books forward. "Can you just give them back to her for me? She's definitely going to avoid me."

Colour stained his cheeks, black hair falling into his eyes as he ducked his head. "Yes...i thought it was obvious," he mumbled, blushing even deeper. "Not that it matters now..." he grumbled.

FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise had ran when she couldn't gather any of her thoughts long enough to look at the situation calmly. Of course, having lost her wits and being to far lost in the embarrassment, Elise failed to have any semblance of control over her usual clumsiness. This most likely explain her resulting collision with Jessica when she rounded a corner of the schools hallways. One minute all she could think of was what had happened, the next she was surrounded by fallen books as she found herself sat dazed on the ground.

Hearing the familiar voice, Elise blinked out of her dazed thoughts long enough to glance up at her best friend. A comfortable sense of relief calmed the frazzled Ravenclaw, a weak smile pulling itself onto her lips. Elise was ecstatic, though it may not of been obvious as a vivid blush still painted her pale cheeks, that she had come across her friend. Her shoulders visibly relaxed, her hands already darting out to grab some of the fallen books as she nodded her head in agreement to Jessica's statement, her lips pursed.

"I urh..." Elise didn't know how to explain the whole mess, her eyes darting cautiously around the hallways as she hastily passed over the other girls books, her fingers reaching up to idly tug at a loose strand of hair, "I am...but some stuff happened and I may of...ran out?" She explained, though poorly so, as she quickly looked increasingly panicked, "I mean the classes ended before I ran out - the teacher left you see, cause one of the students - a new one - caused trouble and then everyone just left and I feel really bad for the professor, it was all and absolute disastrous mess!". Elise continued her rambles, fingers twisting anxiously within her hair, "And then me and Ash were going to get up and leave too cause class was over and I tripped - I mean, you know me! I trip a looooot! but this time Ash tried to help me - he is so nice you know? B-but..."

Elise paused, looking redder in that moment as a sigh left her lips, "C-can we go somewhere and I'll tell you? I really want to get away from everyone right now..."

• Sympathy & Compassion
FONT1

Henry Chen

"Ash, my dude," Henry placed his hands upon his friend's shoulders, looking him right in the eyes, to try and stabilize him. "Stop. You're overthinking it."

He then pushed the books back. "You do it yourself, man. Come on, grow some balls and stop thinking about yourself for a moment. If she's important to you, you'd try to make sure she's okay."

Stomach still rumbling, Henry scooted over to the edge of the bed and quickly changed his clothes. He wedged his feet into his shoes, thinking about grabbing some snacks from the kitchens. Once he was done, he stood up and gave his friend a pat on the back.

He nudged his head towards the door, "Let's go."

FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Ash sighed a the book as well as the wisdom in his friends words. He piled the books back on top of each other, clenching them in a tight grasp. "You're right," he murmured. He sighed again and got to his feet. "I'll give them to her," he agreed then gave his friend and awkward smile. "Thanks Henry, that was real helpful of you,."

He nodded and moved to the door, flashing his friend a brief smile. "I'm impressed you managed that on an empty stomach," he offered as he pushed the door open for them both to leave.

FONT1FONT2
Jessica de la Rosa
Interactions: Elise
As always, Elise spoke far too much and far too quickly, but Jessica was used to her friend's frequent rambling. Her interest was piqued significantly, however, when Elise mentioned Ash. A small teasing smile appeared on her face, although it quickly disappeared when she realized something bad had happened.

"Sure," Jessica shrugged, adjusting the books in her arms. "I don't have anything important to do anyways."

She grabbed her friend's hand and led the way.