2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
It has been decades since the fall of Voldemort and his followers. A lot of progress has been made since then. The Ministry underwent massive reform under the administration of former Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. Pureblood-centric laws have been abolished, and the ministry, allegedly cleansed of its corruption and prejudice, has never been better. Progress, in a smaller scale, has also been made in strides: the wizarding world has shed its old-fashioned ways and begun adopting modern technology and pop culture.

Some say that these changes are for the better, but there are those who would argue otherwise. For not all changes have been good; and sometimes what is proclaimed to be progress is, in fact, the opposite.

In 2019, the Progressive Society for Worldwide Peace and Cooperation (PSWPC) forced the Ministry’s hand to reveal itself and the existence of the wizarding world to muggle society. Many believed this was for the best, that it was high time for both worlds to co-exist. And yet, relations between the two remain hostile.

It is the dawn of a new decade, and the polarizing political climate and sensationalist media have had a dire effect on the people. Misinformation and panic have been spreading. Although Voldemort was defeated years ago, his influence still remains. More and more, as society grows ever polarized, people are starting to regress to old habits. There are those who claim that Voldemort was an innocent man. And at least half of the wizarding population has begun rallying behind his modern incarnation, Julius Ainsworth, whilst loudly proclaiming their discontent for the current Minister.

Many believe that there would be a war soon. The only question is when.
CHAPTER I. THE WARY AND WEARY WIZARDS

Date: August 30th, 2020
Time: 11am
Event: Shopping for School Supplies
Weather: Sunny

It is a day before the start of term. Muggle-wizard relations are still tense in the wake of the recent terrorist attack. In order to ensure the safety of wizards and their homes, muggles are no longer permitted within any wizarding town or establishment. Meanwhile, the students of Hogwarts are to do their shopping in groups. The Leaky Cauldron--a pub that once connected London and Diagon Alley--has recently been closed down, forcing the students to take a different route to get to the shopping district.

It is a good thing that the professors of Hogwarts are watching over the students and taking lead. In this tumultuous time, these understandably anxious teenagers are easily frightened. With the professors around, things should go relatively smooth-sailing.
Write-up by Adrian   |   Coding by Adrian   |   © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / SS / EXT / OOC
1 / 2

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Ivy Posner

Interactions: -- Kellen Armstrong @Adrian - Peeves
Ivy was feeling a little dazed, and extremely irritated as she registered that familiar laugh. "Peeves," she muttered. He always appeared at the wrong time, usually deliberately.

She dragged her gaze back, from where she'd been searching for the pesty poltergeist, to settle back on Kellen. Oh she was definitely irritated, she was still burning from their earlier activities they now wouldn't be finishing.

She let a teasing smile play at her lips, knowing just how he'd left her, as she rested back against the wall. "See you around," she purred right back, neither agreeing nor disagreeing; she definitely agreed.

She let her gaze drift over him in a lazy caress until he'd actually left the room. "Oh Peeves, the blood baron isn't going to be pleased, destroying troohies? He'll be so dissapointed," she said with a knowing tisk as she straightened up, flicking her hair over her shoulder and left the room. Flicking Kellen's wallet from her pocket.

FONT1FONT2

Elliot Graves

Interactions: -- Arnold Byrne @Adrian
Elliot tapped the notebook in front of him, nearly bouncing in his excitement. "My dear friend! Of course we have time!" He tugged a pocket watch from his pocket and flicked it open. "We didn't get overly far into this class," he said decidedly, tucking it away and collecting his books again.

"Come on! Give me a little excitement!" He said, sniffing and wiping his nose again with a grin. "I'm going to collect them, come come!" He spun and burst from the room. "TIMES AWASTING!" He shouted back to Arnold, the sound of his running feet very clear.

Reactions: Lisianthus
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Interactions: -- Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox
Ash was annoyed, extremely so. Some people could be ridiculously rude, if they wanted to leave then they should have gotten up and left, there was no need to disrupt everyone else and hurt people in the process.

He stared down as his fallen book and scattered pens, papers everywhere and textbook torn at the spine...his book was torn. He drew in a deep breath, a calming breath and lifted a hand to rub at his temple. This wasn't the start to the year he'd expected, nor was it all that enjoyable.

He blinked rapidly, coming back to himself as Elise spoke up beside him. He'd forgotten she was there; he wasn't sure how he could ever forget Elise.

"I...don't think they really care,"
he said carefully, bending down to pick up his text book before twisting back to look at Elise. He definitely couldn't forget her. "It's fine, I'm fine," he said quickly, placing his things back into a neat pile, still trying not to glare at his torn book. "Are you?" He looked over at her again with concern in his eyes.

At least that was a reprieve from his irritation, concern for his friend.

FONT1

Arnold Byrne

Interactions: Elliot Graves
Arnold had to quickly gather the rest of his stuff before bounding after Elliot. It was always fast-paced with his friend when it came to their little experiments. It didn't take long until they reached Elliot's dormitory in the Ravenclaw tower. There was no one else around. At least they wouldn't be intruding on anyone's privacy.

The first thing Arnold did upon entering was get their box of machine parts from underneath Elliot's bed. From there, he produced the blueprint and analyzed it for some time, a hand upon his chin. It was easy enough to assemble the machine itself; what made it a conundrum was the ink. Arnold placed the box and his belongings on the bed, then with a flourish of his wand, the machine parts were lifted into the air, where they orbited each other for a while before assembling themselves.

Now, for the last piece of the puzzle.

Reactions: Ghostly Boo
FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Nobody
It was easy for Kellen to trace his way back when he'd been somewhere at least once. Before long, he reached the courtyard, where he made for one of the moss-covered stone walls. Instead of using the Ascendio charm, he scaled the wall to reach its sloping roof. Kellen was fairly good at climbing and even enjoyed it. He liked being in high places--places where he could observe several things happening at once with the added benefit of being inaccessible.

Once he'd settled himself on the roof somewhat comfortably, he produced his box of cigarettes from his pocket. It was one of those containers that seemed practically bottomless. Needless to say, its convenience had given him a nicotine addiction.

He began smoking, just watching everyone else go about their day.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Oliver Fang

Interactions: Sanguine Faust (x)
"Poor professor" Oliver said, recalling how one of the books had fallen smack on the woman's head. As if she hadn't been abused enough by words alone.

"It was entertaining for... the first few minutes." He agreed, "And I'm okay, it was just a scratch."

He glanced at the spot on his skin where there had been a scratch previously. It was almost as if it was never even there.

"Anyway, what are you going to do now? We don't have class for the next two hours. And after that is Hogsmeade..."

FONT1FONT2
Sanguine Faust
Location: Hallway outside the classroom -- Interactions: Oliver [@Adrian]
Sanguine rolled her eyes, a smirk planted faintly upon her lips, "Who care about the professor - anyone that teachers such a shitty subject deserves that a little bit." She explained, shrugging lazily, "Honestly, that whole subject is a complete joke - the whole thing was hilarious until our shit dropped on that and I'm going to get that little shit back later for that." Clearly, Sanguine was pretty much the vindictive type as already, for such a small hassle, she was plotting to find Kellen to give him a piece of her mind...and maybe fist.

Sighing in relief, Sanguine glanced at her friend once over again before nodding, "Good - i know its a small wound but..." Sanguine was just always worried for her best friend - even the small wound left her a little panicked. "I'm glad your okay. - I just hope no one saw you get hurt.". The half-vampire let out a yawn, her fingers reaching up to press against her eyelids for a moment before she glanced tiredly around the halls, pursing her lips in thought, "Lets just go wander around till we find something to do, I guess - there isn't much else to do unless you wanna go study or something."

FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise looked generally quite upset at his words, her gaze slipping around the classroom before she looked back to Ash, "But they should! This is a class and their education - and...and what if they lose points for their house? The teachers won't just ignore this blatant chaos and disregard! So many pupils walked out I'm sure there will be some trouble and maybe points lost!-" Elise rambled on, looking forlornly at their stuff on the table. She really could ramble on when she was left to it.

After a minute of her typical mess of rambles, Elise just heaved a heavy sigh, slumping slightly further into her chair, though she had twisted to completely face Ash by this point, "I'm just glad your okay! If you got hurt by a book or something It would be horrible!", though she shook her head quickly after, her normal soft grin slipping onto her lips, "I'm okay, don't worry!". Luckily for Elise, nothing in the chaos had the chance to hit her in their downfall. She was more upset than anything. Elise smiled happily, "Thank you for being concerned for me though".

The teacher had left much to her dismay, signalling this class probably wasn't going to continue. Elise was a little upset but said nothing as she gathered up her books and stationary, a pout playing on her lips as she stood up, pushing her chair back as she did. Unfortunetely, Elise's clumsiness seemed to rear its head as when she went to step out from the desk, she found herself tripping due to the chairs leg.

• Sweet
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Interactions: -- Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox
"You don't have to tell me, I full agree with you," Ash said soothingly, his dark eyes flicking around the class. He was quite irritated by the whole disruption and it wasn't lessening. "We'll just have to hope it doesn't end too badly," he mumbled, glancing around at their remaining classmates. "Looks like our house is okay if it comes to points...do you think the professor is okay?" He asked, looking towards her again.

"Of course i was concerned," He said, voice softening. How could he not? "I'm glad you're okay to," he said quickly, looking away so the light pinkening of his cheeks was hidden.

As Elise got to her feet, Ash did too, books in his hands. That is, until Elise suddenly tripped up, his books and papers were dumbed in seconds as his arms flew out to catch his friend, his other hand braced right against their desk, his other hand wrapped around her front.

It took him a few moments to understand the softness beneath his palm, exactly where his hand had unintentionally landed...grasped. red flooded his face as he went completely rigid in complete mortification. 'RELEASE HER BOOB YOU CREEPER!!!!' His mind screamed at him.

With a sound, very close to choking he snapped his hand hand as if her breast had burnt him. He went even redder if it was even possible as he quickly stumbled back, mouth opening and closing as if to speak but nothing came out. What did someone even say to that???

FONT1FONT2FONT 3FONT4

Lysandra Wu

Interactions: @Adrian - Kellen Armstrong

Class had barely started and it was dismissed. What a way to start the year, really. Lysandra could only grumble to herself as she walked out, eyes on her timetable. She definitely had time to kill before apparition class. The question was though, what could she do? Such a thing of early dismissal had never happened before.
With a soft sigh, she walked briefly, her target destination being the common room. She didn't feel like talking to anyone whilst in a foul mood. She would rather avoid that.
Just as she walked along the corridor of the courtyard, however,she caught sight of the one who was the cause of the chaos. She raised an eyebrow as she watched him climb the roof. She was about to turn her head, and move along, not really having a reason to talk to him when she saw what he took out from his pocket. With a sigh, she walked out into the courtyard with her wand in hand, and in quick succession, she recited the summoning charm twice, one for the lit bud in his hand, and the other his packet. She caught them in each hand as they zoomed towards her, a feat manageable for a seeker. With no other way to douse the bud, she'd use the hand she caught it to crush it, wincing and clenching her jaw at the seering pain. "Ow." The sound slipped out of her in almost a monotonous manner as she dropped the crushed bud in her pocket then searched for something in another pocket,
"That hurt much more than I thought it would. I have always wanted to do that ever since I saw actors doing it in movies. They made it so easy. Guess I real-" she paused as she managed to finally fish out an item from her pocket, "here it is. And oh, will you please come down?" She finally looked up at him, finally acknowledging him, in a way.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Persephone Gaunt

Interactions: Alistair Blackbourne. @Adrian
In the presence of classes begun for the morning, newly appointed Prefect Persephone Gaunt combed the library. Looking for various sources that would assist her in study and class. A sort of high achiever and study devoted student. It was a means of distraction from Aurelius’s cruel deeds and behaviour. A reprieve in some senses.

Wandering along with the isles with the intention to find the best resources possible. Eyes only glued on the spines of various leather-bound masterpieces. Hogwarts had updated in the last twenty years. Yet, the library was still one of the biggest staples for history and their beautiful time preserved manuscripts. Long platinum blonde hair acted as a curtain from the world. It was her and the books. Books and her. Only the occasion turning of pages from students studying or scratching fountain pens on paper from some students that still insisted on staying true to the aesthetic that Hogwarts has held for so long.

Persephone was one of those people too in fact. Fountain pens, parchment paper and quill ink were what she smelt when it came to love potions.

Stopping at her needed section, looking at the scribbled list of titles she had on her person. Percy smiled when she saw the spine of the book she needed in that section. Reaching out to meet the hand of another person. Much larger and in some characteristic more refined than her own. Her manicured nails like touched skin and the shock of intruding on another’s personal space made her retract quickly. A reaction that could be compared with one touching something too hot.

Tucking back the curtain of hair impairing her view. Persephone’s eyes instantly widened at the sight of the Head Boy being the one she so rudely almost stole the book from.

“Oh! Alistair Blackbourne, sorry, I didn’t mean to try and take the book.” Percy’s cheeks beamed a shade of scarlet and grew dark in a moment at her embarrassment. “You see, I was looking for really good resources for studying… Hogwarts has a good system for information. But there are some times nothing better than turning the page of a good book.” The girl nervously rambled then bit her bottom lip as if catching herself out awkwardly.

“Sorry… I’m rambling. My name is Persephone or Percy,” she extended her hand politely offering a sweet smile that held a trace of awkwardness.

Reactions: Ardent
FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
At this point in her life, Elise was used to her own clusmy antics. That did not stop her though, from shutting her eyes tightly to wait for the resulting collision with the floor - and possible laughter of anyone remaining in the classroom. The situation itself, was overused on Elise who simply brushed off the minor embarrassment with a smile. However, this time was very different. There was no impact with the ground, or need to swing her arms out to catch something to try and stop her fall. This time, an arm wrapped around her just in time to stop her fall.

Except, it was a bit more than that.

Elise's grey orbs snapped open when she felt a grasp upon her chest, mortification flooding her as she felt her cheeks warm up, becoming a vibrant red to contrast her pale skin. The witch basically wheezed, trembling as she glanced up, horrified, to Ash who was the unfortunate source of the offending hand. In her own horror, much like his own, Elise was mostly frozen - though she stared with owlishly wide eyes at her best friend who had yet to move as her flush just grew further, turning the tips of her ears red.

Ash retracted himself quickly enough, just as tears seemed to swell within the corner of her eyes as Elise faintly took note of the room. There was, Unfortunetely, some students left within the class which only made her embarrassment worse. She took a few, slow steps back before turning from Ash and the class to run out the door as fast as she could. Unable to process the situation, or even focus enough to remember to grab her stuff, Elise could do nothing except run as fast as she could away from the scene - luckily, this time she didn't trip.

• Sympathy & Compassion
FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Lysandra Wu
Because of his convenient location on the roof, he was able to see the girl through the haze of smoke that now surrounded him. He didn't know who the hell it was or what she wanted from him, but she looked like a stuck-up goody-two-shoes. The sort who rode on daddy's coattails and acted like they were better than everyone else for the simple fact that they were "nice". And there was nothing Kellen hated more in the world than "nice" people. He didn't trust them. Her next actions just cemented his first impression of her. She'd used the "accio" spell on him. Twice. Once for the cigarette. Another for the cigarette pack.

He simply raised an eyebrow as she started talking to him. The way she talked--it sounded as if she were talking to a friend, even though she wasn't. He didn't care about her stupid actors or her stupid movies. Who the fuck did she think she was, taking his stuff and demanding him to come down as if she owned the place?

Fuck no.

He grabbed his wand and used the summoning charm to retrieve his pack of cigarettes. He caught it in his palm then quickly placed an anti-theft charm on it. Which was something he really should have done a long time ago but had forgotten.

"If you're trying to impress me, princess," He toyed with the pack between his fingers, "You're doing a really bad job at it."

"I'm staying here." He took another cigarette and put it between his lips. "What are you gonna do about it, huh?"

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2FONT 3FONT4

Lysandra Wu

"Well, I tried to make you come down, but if you don't want to, then.." It was a grumble under her breath. She walked towards the wall, her eyes inspecting it. It had been awhile since she did anything as crazy as this. Could she still? She chewed slightly on her bottom lip. There were no safety nets for her should she fall. But oh well. The prospect of doing it was getting her blood pumping. But before that, she took out her wand, and tapped on her injured hand,
"Episkey." With it healed, her confidence rose. She shoved her wand and the item she took out back into her pocket, her hands reached out, testing the grip. Then her legs followed. When the grip was comfortable enough, she'd use a hand to grip another stone, the following, pulling herself up. The farther she was from the wall, the easier it became, with adrenaline pumping in her. Excitement were prominent in her eyes as her movements became speedier and smoother. Soon as she reached the roof, she collapsed on it, laughter bursting out of her, amidst her heavy breathing. She had forgotten what it was like to be free.
"That was amazing," She talked to no one in particular, as she looked up at the sky, "thought I couldn't do it anymore. But hey, I did it." And, she grinned, one that spoke of euphoria. "The view here is nice at least." She sat up moments later, finally remembering the reason she climbed up in the first place. "You. Armstrong." She turned to face him, her hand going back into her pocket, to search. "I have no reason to impress you. I just didn't want to shout. I thought you'd be angry enough to come down, but then I forgot that you're a wizard too, and that you can just take it back." She rambled on, slight annoyance slipping out of her. She threw the pack of mint gums towards him once she had retrieved it. "Here. I am not going to lecture about the whole cigarette is bad thing. I honestly don't give a fu–" she stopped herself. "I mean, I do not care if you smoke. You're old enough. I do not care what you do, as long as it does not disrupt others." She pointed towards the pack. "That, I hope, should help you with your cravings if you are in class. Just wanted to give you that."

FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
He watched her in half-amusement, half-annoyance as she attempted to climb the wall. This girl was definitely trying to impress him. Shame he hated nice girls, but then again, it wouldn’t be the first time he’d tried to sleep with someone he hated.

While she went on and on talking and being patronizing, Kellen simply remained quiet. That was until she threw him the mints. He caught the pack in his free hand, only to throw it behind him with a flick of his wrist.

”Fuck your mints."

He then leaned towards her until they were only inches apart, eyes staring into hers as he took a long drag of his cigarette. He slowly and deliberately blew the smoke in her face, lifting her chin up with an index finger.

”Go on then, say it. Say you don’t give a fuck,” his voice was low and hoarse from all the smoking. He knew girls like her. He’d been with girls like her. They all weren’t as innocent as they seemed. ”What’s wrong, hm? Is it too much for your princess lips?”

At ‘lips’, he ran his thumb over her bottom lip.

• Spicy
FONT1FONT2FONT 3FONT4
Lysandra Wu
Lysandra sighed. She knew that would happen. As she watched her mints dropped, one word popped into her mind, rude. As much as she prepared herself for such a thing to happen, she couldn't help the twitch in her eye, and the grit of her teeth.
The sudden blow of smoke into her face caused her to shut her eyes, turn away and cough, hands beating the air in front of her.
One thing came after another, and before she could compose herself, he had lifted her chin, his words drifting into her ears. Her eyes were red from the slight sting of the smoke, and as he brushed his thumb along her bottom lip, her hand reached for his.
With her hand over his, her fingers curled into his palm. Her eyes roamed his face, and she flashed him a smile. In that moment, she would twist his hand, prying his fingers away from her face. "Listen here, Armstrong. The only reason I'm nice," she dug her nails into his palm. And if he tried to tug his hand away, he'll realise that it would be harder than he thought. She leaned in towards his ear, twisting his hand a little more, "it's because personally, I hate being the opposite." She let go of his hand then, with a slight push, a glint in in her eyes as she pulled back. "Push me enough, and you'll see a side of me, one I would rather not feed."
She patted his cheek quickly before retreating her hand, "Too bad I'm not the princess that will fall into your arms. I may be nice, but it does not make me a pushover."

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
He didn’t pull away even as she dug her nails into his hand. If she was trying to hurt him, it wasn’t working. This girl was clearly unaware he was past the point of feeling or caring.

“You came to me first, or did you forget?” he replied, pulling his hand away now that she had let him go. He went back to smoking his cigarette. “I don’t need your phony niceness.” He looked into the distance now, having lost his already miniscule interest in this girl and this entire conversation, “Now get the fuck off my roof, and don't bother me again.”

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2FONT 3FONT4
Lysandra Wu
Red. That was all Lysandra could see as her brain registered his words. And without her realising it, her hand flew out on it's own accord, clenched fist connecting against the side of his jaw. Her form trembled, fists clenching at her sides. Dark, short laughter filled their ears as she stared at him incredulously. Phony niceness? Did he just–
"Phony niceness?" She bit out the words. Hah. Her efforts, all these years, of doing her very best to be nice, to give others excuses for their actions, phony.
"You.." Her voice trailed off with a scoff. What was the point. "Your name isn't on this roof. You have no claim on it." She snapped, and turned her form away from him, falling into a silence as she struggled to keep herself in check. Though when she did calm a little, the punch decided to replay itself very slowly in her brain. Her eyes widened and she turned her head towards him, eyes upon his jaw before she turned back, silently cussing under her breath. "I take that back." Her voice was an octave higher as she shuffled precariously close to the edge, body leaning forward, "You can have the roof." She stumbled upon her words, as she put a leg out, testing.

FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
She fucking didn’t--

He was in shock when she’d punched him. That moment when her fist connected with his jaw, it was as if he was transported to another time. A time he thought he’d forgotten all about. If he'd hated her the moment he laid eyes on her, then what he was feeling now was worse. Worse than hate. Worse than the fire of a thousand suns.

Yeah. She was the exact person he thought she was. A “nice” girl. It didn’t matter how much she tried to prove her niceness wasn’t phony. Actions spoke louder than words. Fuck her and fuck girls like her. Getting all up in his space and then acting out when he did the same. Did she expect everyone to do whatever her perfect princess self wanted? What a hypocrite.

He didn’t react, didn’t so much as move a muscle, but the anger seemed almost to emanate from him.

“About fucking time,” he retorted, clenching his fist so hard now that the cigarette in his hand had crumpled and burnt the inside of his palm. “You just proved everything I said about you. And you know what's worse? You don't even realize it. Now fucking. Leave. Me. Alone.”

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2FONT 3FONT4
Lysandra Wu
With her back towards him, she could only have her eyes shut tight, her teeth sinking down on her bottom to stop herself from releasing a sob. She was not going to give him the satisfaction. "What do you know?" Soft, barely audible. Literally nothing. Not realising it? She told him. She did. She knew herself, more than he could ever. And good lord. She had sworn. She swore to never go back again. But fuck. She did it. She fucked up. All because–
She took deep breaths to compose herself. There was no use getting riled up. Not again. What has been done, is done. She couldn't change it. And talking back would simply worsen the situation. And she couldn't blame him, because he was right.
"I'm sorry." With the most stable voice she could muster, she let those words out.
Taking out her wand, she used the softening charm upon the ground below her before she let herself slip off the roof, and bent her body to roll forward to break her fall soon after she bounced off the ground. Just as she was about to walk away, however,
"Miss Wu! Mr Armstrong! What were you doing on the roof?!" Her eyes widened as she turned towards the professor. She opened and closed her mouth like a fish out of water, as she tried to find the words to explain the situation.
"I expected a lot more from you, Lysandra. Detention for you."
Great, just great. But her energy had been drained out of her. She couldn't even find the energy to talk back. She only nodded, before briefly walking away.

Last edited: