2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
1975. A time of struggle for muggles and wizards alike. While the cold war is at its height, the wizarding world is faced with a war of its own. The Daily Prophet has reported nothing but bad news as of late. There have been disappearances, murders, dark marks in the sky, and sightings of strange men in masks. Whispers say this is all the work of the Dark Lord, an enemy so formidable no one dares to speak his name.

A dark cloud hangs over Hogwarts, for even its peace has been disturbed. The promise of a new academic year and its would-be adventures are instead shrouded in unspeakable fear. There are those who come to Hogwarts with dark intentions and even darker magic. No one knows who they are. They stay in the shadows, bearing the faces of old friends or foes, whispering, scheming...

In this age of growing racial prejudice, the well-being of half-breeds and muggle borns hang in the balance.

Hogwarts is no longer safe.
Current Chapter 6: A Solemn Supper

Date: Wednesday, October 8 1975
Time: 6pm
Event: Feast at the Great Hall
Weather: Cloudy

Hogwarts opens its great doors once more, though the students that choose to remain are anything but great in number. If, at the beginning of the school year, the halls were flooded with streams of black robes, it is now reduced to a trickle. And what would customarily be an exited hubbub is now uncomfortably quiet, occasionally permeated by whispers of uncertainty and fear.

Something about Hogwarts has changed. Something more than the Chamber of Secrets being opened then closed once again. Something more than the appointment of the new Headmaster Demetrius Creed, whose very existence seems to be shrouded in mystery. Hogwarts itself seems foreboding somehow. Like some dark and evil spirit has possessed its very walls. For the castle towers now stood frowning upon the encroaching students like it loathes for them to come back. There will be no warm welcome, no semblance of a joyous celebration to be had. There is only the beginnings of an omen.

But even in the darkness, there is hope. The two students who fell victim to the Basilisk are now cured and well, even if the trauma remains with them and will haunt their dreams for some time.

Today, they will be rejoining their classmates who, upon their arrival, are immediately ushered into the Great Hall for supper. There, half the former staff awaits them upon their usual seats at the great table, whilst the other half seems to have been replaced by unknown and unwelcoming new faces. The usual seat of the Headmaster is curiously empty.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / EXT / OOC
0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /

Last edited:
8bd97546e1dc8525eddca45dcbecacc9.png

Interactions: Oliver (@Adrian )
Mentions: Elizabeth (@Vio )

Sanguine grit her teeth at the pleading tone in Oliver's voice. Briefly, a twinge of guilt settled on her chest - though it was soon viciously consumed by her anger and jealousy. She has successfully ignored Oliver since finding out from Liz what happened as it caused an eruption of so many feelings that she couldn't seem to comprehend all at once, a fact that furthered her anger. Turning when his hand settled on her shoulder, knocking it from her, Sanguine stared with angry green eyes at her fellow half vampire.

"Don't ignore you anymore?" She parroted back venomously, tilting her head in mock confusion. "Please tell me, why should I do that?" Sanguine asked, taking a step back as she folded her arms angrily against her chest, "Cause as I see all this – you lied to Liz…about someone insignificant... and now my two most important people, are fighting and it's been weeks!" Narrowing her gaze further, Sanguine shook her head "I…Just can't believe you like her…"

Realising the jealousy that began to twist her words, Sanguine sighed and lowered her voice, not wanting to be overheard. "Just…" frustrated, a groan left her lips as she let her hand reach up to press against her forehead, a headache slowly forming much to her dismay. Anger aside, Sanguine couldn't stand what this was doing to Oliver either. "Tell me what really happened then Ollie," she requested quietly, her tone dulled by the misery she felt by all this. At her own feelings being damaged and the rift growing between her two most important people. "What happened with…her…what happened with Liz? This can't go on…please." Sanguine pleaded, giving in to exhaustion at this all. She couldn't keep it up – she just wanted to tension to end. Soon.

Poppins

Joan Lambert
SEVENTH YEAR GRYFFINDOR
Scarlet flapped in the wind, a scarf hanging loosely about Joan's neck as she tramped across the field with a vengeance. As ever, her thickset eyebrows gave the wrong impression. Anyone who actually knew the girl would know that her permanently angry stare was just her normal expression. Unfortunately, very few knew this, and those few quickly stepped out of her way as she passed through.

In the distance, she spotted Henry. Just the person she was looking for. Little did she know that there were others looking for her too, and that a trip to the field with so many troublemakers loitering around was perhaps not a good idea for someone as unlucky as she.

@Bubbly Potions
@Ghostly Boo

Theme Song: Fuck the People - The Kills
Art: vurdeM on DeviantArt

Davi watched the other's on the field with an interest. He was a beater on the gryffindor team, so it behooved him to take notes on the how the other team's practiced. Though if anything important, like plays and techniques, were being tested he would normally be kicked out before hand. It seemed today was more improving on their individual faults more than anything, so he had a pass. Plus it gave him a reason to spend some quality time with his best bud. Henry's coughing caused him to look worriedly at the other, but he soon smirked "Need me to rub your back for you?" He joked as the Hufflepuff's face twisted. Roasting each other for fun is what they did best after all. Though if Henry asked Davi would do it. They were real bros after all. His ocean hues looked down at the box and Davi waved a hand in dismissal. He didn't really like the magical counterpart of jelly beans very much. Nothing beats the real thing in his opinion. "Nah man, but thanks." He declines as he leans back against the row behind him, his arms outstretched slightly.

Davi noticed the group from Ghoul Studies too, and a familiar little red head with them. Effie. Most likely just meeting with a friend? Seemed she was passing out cookies she had made. Mmm...cookies. Now THAT he would eat. He hears Henry then, in his ear, and the tanned young man turned to face his friend albeit a little distracted as he kept his eyes on Effie. "Yeah..I could use-"

He jumped then, an audible shout from being startled escapes him in the process of their mutual friend Lou suddenly inserting herself into his peripherals. Clutching his chest he leans forward as Lou smiled playfully from her antics. Short of breath he gasps out a quick answer for her "The Ghoul Studies are giving a award to whoever solves the vanishing portrait mystery." He exhales finally settling down from being spooked so easily. Davi was always an easy target when he was distracted, but he'd get Lou back that's for sure. Turning to her he grins though, not actually in a foul mood over the trick. "You little minx." he chuckles reaching over and ruffling up her hair like he usually did.

Effie ran out into the Qudditch field, a bag of freshly baked cookies clutched to her chest, with every intention of passing them out to everyone. Unfortunately for her she was a little late getting to the field on time, and most the team had already disbanded into the locker rooms or left. Though she didn't hesitate to start handing them out to anyone left. Passing Liz and Deborah she made her way over to some familiar faces and started to hand them out. Everyone was all smiles when it Effie joined their conversation, and like a busy bee she flitted from person to person. The red head gave everyone enough time for small talk and feedback on her recipe, and for the most part she was well recieved. After all, Effie was a nice girl and people rarely had any qualms with her. Lastly she came across the Ghoul Studies group discussing the 50 Galleons reward, and while she had no need for such things, she WAS very interested in solving the mystery! Glancing up she noticed Davi, Henry, and her best friend Lou up in the bleachers and she waved up at them with a big smile on her face. They seemed pretty preoccupied so she decided to meet up with her cousin and childhood pen pal Ash for the time being. Waving good bye to her friends in the Ghoul Studies Club she meets with Ash and Elise at the bottom steps of the tower. "Hey Guys!" Effie greets them with a small wave before offering up the bag to them both, "Fancy a cookie?" She asks with a smile, happy to see them both as usual.

"Did you hear about the reward for solving the vanishing portrait mystery?" The girl asks them both, small puffs of breath visible in the chilly air.

william 'will' hale
seventh year slytherin
William was usually spending his time doing one of two things. Either he was out on the Quidditch pitch for practise, or he was in the library. Since it was a bit gloomy outside, he thought it was perfect weather to remain indoors, in the library, and catching up on some reading. He had been on his way up when Rory stumbled into his path. Will was a little surprised, mainly because he didn't often run into people he knew. Especially considering the number of people he associated himself with was a small handful. "Well, yeah, I was," Will nodded in agreement when Rory asked whether he was off to the library. Anyone who knew Will would know that he was almost always on his way there, so it was no shock that Rory had guessed right. What he said next, however, made Will frown.

Will had half a mind to ask Rory what these people were talking about. Part of him wanted to know because what if he was really doing something wrong? What if his behaviour was odd? More so than usual? He was so lost in his books half the time that he might not realise if he ever did something wrong or not. What if that was the case now?

But another part of him was scared to hear the answer, because he knew it couldn't be good things. Rory said not to listen to any of it. That they were all lying. Maybe it was better if he listened to the other boy. Why would he want to hurt himself more by trying to find out what people said about him behind his back? Will had no idea what even possessed people to do so to begin with, but his train of thought quickly derailed when Rory mentioned something about a competition. His frown soon shifted, and he had a curious expression on his face.

"Solve a mystery, basically?" He clarified, eyes now glimmering with a bit of excitement. He had read enough crime novels to know how detectives worked, and he always found it quite fascinating. Maybe he could put it to use and prove that there was no reason for people to say things about him behind his back. He was more than that... wasn't he?

"Okay, I'm in," Will said, offering Rory a small smile. "Where should we start?" Will had a few placed in mind. It was just a matter of deciding where to go first.

interactions
→ rory thomson [ @Adrian ]

efeb5e5a9337504cbfbe4dd108e0ea3c--woman-art-red-hair.jpg
Lauren Harrison
INTERACTIONS:
Rosabel Valentine - @Sanguine Fox and Rowan the Toad - NPC
MENTIONS:
Henry Chen - @Adrian + Pedro Giovanni -@Me

Lauren sat sit happily allowing Rosa to braid the girl's usually messy red waves into something delicate and beautiful. She wasn't one to spoil her time with her secret friend she made in the early days of Hogwarts, by bickering about getting her hair done. After all, Rosa was so talented, and gentle when it came to doing hair unlike Annie who always managed to brush the bubbly Hufflepuff's ear. It had been sometime since the Slytherin had begun on her hair, but it appeared that the first design wasn't good effort, and she wanted to try something else, so Laurie just went with it.

Lauren had herself propt up on a few pillows that were scattered around the Room of Requirement when they stepped inside sometime earlier. It was often found like that when it came their little meetings, and secret sleepovers. The room had a homely and comforting vibe are its almost hipster style rugs, and satin pillows laying around in larger clusters. She hummed a little tune to herself as Rosa worked her hands, the Huffle was doing her own little makeover on her favourite buddy: Rowan the Toad.

It was a wonder where the girl got her odd ideas from but today she had dressed Rowan in a powder wig and Elizabethan collar happily. He looked ever so regal in her eyes. Almost like a toad prince that would be in the fairy tale picture books she borrowed from the library as a child to stare at the beautifully drawn pictures.

When she was notified that Rosabel was almost done with her craft the girl smiled simply, it was nice to have these moments. Even if they were secret. It was like having a sister. "Okay, Rosa." The sweet little Hufflepuff chirped happily, excitably awaiting what he dear friend had done with her hair.

She felt her hair being brought over her shoulders and Laurie blinked eagerly into the little hand mirror Rosa passed her. In that moment her blue eyes sparkled happily and she blushed at the stunning work done. "It's so beautiful, Rosie!" Lauren exclaimed in a joyous tone of voice, cariously unaware of the volume of her voice- that it happened to startle Rowan off his cushion. The girl walked her rather Shakespearean dressed toad roll about on the ground, before propping himself up once more and croaking looking up at her with a gaze of loyal approval.

One could say that toad was something special...

When Rosa spoke up once more, Lauren turned around to face her friend eyes flickering between the various shades of nail polish. Her gaze lighting up when she found her house colours-- this time she'd made Rosa look beautiful and paint her nails ready for the next Hufflepuff Quidditch game so she could secretly cheer the girl on. Plucking up the base coat, she began by painting the girl's nails, and thought about the question in regards to Henry Chen...

Henry Chen, was someone she admired dearly and thought she's take that step with her apparently one-sided feelings at the start of year party... She kissed him, and he passed out. Since then, Lauren has asked if he remembers anything of that night and he doesn't, it seemed to draw a lonely rift between the pair of them.

Her face dropped as she looked at the girls nails neatly cleaning away any mess up with her own nails, before she took a breath and answered. "No, he remembers nothing of that night... Or I think he doesn't want to remember. Maybe, I was stupid about going with my feelings that night..." Laurie spoke in a down and depressed manner. "I thought maybe he might have felt the same, and I felt really confident... You even helped me dress up for the night, but it went to waste... Even Giovanni has been nice to me since the scene between him..." She finished mopily.

Lifting her gaze back to Rosa at her question, the girl nibbled down on her bottom lip thinking about her feelings. "I hate it..." She admitted feeling her eyes begin to water and tears threatened to spill. Before she very quickly caught herself and composed her state. Tugging a sweet smile the girl changed the subject as she grabbed her colours and began her artistry. "How about you and Wallace? I have seen you a few times between classes, you seem quite smitten, Rosa. You're never smitten with boys, I'm glad you seemed to have found someone who makes you smile openly." Lauren spoke honestly, and sweetly.

Lauren Harrison waited to hear how Rosa was, while she busily pattern the Slytherin's nails Hufflepuff colours.

ELLIOT GRAVES
||Mentions:||
Leontios Castellanos @Sanguine Fox
||Interactions:||
||Location:||
Elliot stumbled from the empty class room, leather book in hand and finger's covered in charcoal. What was the most unexpected thing however, was his long hair standing directly up and soot painting his face black, eyebrows mysteriously missing along with his shoes. To absorbed in his drawing to pay attention, he slammed directly into the Gryffindor walking past in that moment.

"Oh, sincere apologies," He said, looking directly at his book on the ground instead of the figure he'd crashed into. However, once he'd picked it up, he settled his attention on Leo. "Ah! Wonderful! I don't suppose you could assist me in finding these blasted portraits could you?" He asked, tucking his book in his back pocket along with his shattered charcoal. " One of them was suppose to help me just before.." He muttered under his breath. "Any way, I heard there's also a reward?" He offered before thrusting out his hand. "Silly me, where are my manners, I'm Elliot! Elliot Graves. You are?" He asked cheerily, holding out his dirty hand.

Original By: Lillian Gray
Edits By: Bubbly Potions

Last edited:
Pedro Rowan Govanni
Fifth Year, Gryffindor

Interactions:
Piper Ryeland - @Ghostly Boo , Megs - NPC + Nibbles - NPC
Mentions:
Piper Ryeland - @Ghostly Boo , Lauren Harrison - @Me

He huffed down the halls looking for his little escape artist once more, all ruffled from Quidditch practice in composure Pedro had only returned to his dorm sometime prior only to notice his kitten, Megs was missing. Roughly draping his fingers through cool silver hair, the boy held an almost frustrated or beaming gaze of annoyance. Pedro could only guess where the little shit had gone...

She went to her little booger loving freak of a Puffskein-- whom Pedro woke up to once more that morning tickling his brain through his nose.

"Megs, kitty kitty kitty!" He called out awkwardly through the surprisingly clear halls for that late in the afternoon. His eager search was met to an end rather quickly much to his relief, because his heart was absolutely pounding in his chest.

There she was rolling around with the Booger Muncher, himself. But, much to Pedro's surprise the troublesome pair weren't alone as he spotted the white haired Hufflepuff laying down against a bench in the Courtyard. It hadn't been the first time he'd had a run in with Piper since the Puffskein and ginger short-hair had met. She was an odd girl, but so was her dorm-mate, it just seemed that Lauren Harrison attracted those types, but also the oddest types from others too.

In a calm step he wandered over to the little trio, and gave a little smile to Piper. Coughing into his hand to gain Pips' attention. "I hope Megs hasn't been bothering you again, I just got back to my dorm and noticed she was gone." He laughed awkwardly reaching upward to scratch the back of his head.

Last edited:
102b6df7ee55825b32a041d897ca0bdc.png

Interactions: Elliot (@Ghostly Boo )
Mentions: None

Leontios had spent the day riled up as he rushed through the halls of Hogwarts in search of his usual brown bomber jacket that he had, stupidly, left in a hall and conveniently forgotten about. Despite how hard he thought, he still couldn't comprehend how his favoured item ended up in a hall – he hadn't even been in that hall the day he lost it! However, it was found, and Leo wasn't the type to dwell on the mystery of it. A hand ran tiredly through messy, dark brown hair as a yawn parted his lips. All his running around had left him tired and sluggish, his attention solely on anything else but the world around him.

At least, till he crashed into someone.

Not having paid attention, Leo didn't gather himself quickly enough to stop him tumbling to the floor with a small exhale. It took a moment or two for him to realise what had happened and hurriedly, apologies tumbled from his lips. "Oh dude! I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention, I swear!" He explained, gathering himself up to stand and brush off any dust that now clung to his clothes. Confusion quickly appeared in his gaze as he frowned, a brow raised, "The portraits? They are missing?" Leontios asked before realising he had heard it somewhere…though it was quickly forgotten. "Damn….".

After a moment or two the brunet shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket, a wide grin appearing on his lips. "Sure! I'll help – seems like it could be a lot of fun!". He couldn't entirely remember what was going on but that wouldn't stop the Gryffindor from joining in this adventure. Holding out his hand, Leontios shook Elliot's, smiling brightly. "I'm Leontios Castellanos, just Leo though."

After a moment or two, Leo looked around curiously, an embarrassed grin on his lips as he chuckled nervously. "Urh…Though…Where do we start looking for 'em?"

Last edited:
a27794b66ed0c1665b0a85ce34b9003f.png

Interactions: Lauren (@Bubbly Potions )
Mentions: Henry (@Adrian ), Wallace (@Vio )

With her work done, Rosa settled back into the pillows with her legs drawn to her side and her head popped up by her free arm. Her gaze was trained upon Lauren, watching her friend as she spoke as a faint smiled decorated her usually apathetic features. She enjoyed the Hufflepuff's company – it was time she treasured as she could be a part of herself she denied. Letting her eyes drift closed, she put her full attention onto Lauren – unaware of what the girl was painting upon her nails.

A frown quickly appeared when Lauren's tone grew sad, causing her gaze to flicker open and narrow. She hated that the idiotic Hufflepuff, for they all were excluding Lauren, continued to upset the sweet girl she had come to know. A huff escaped her lips as she sat up properly to talk to her friend – it was disrespectful for her to not focus on her friend after all when talking. "I still fail to see why he appeals to you – every time I have ever been in contact with him he aims to irk me." Rosa grumbled, using her free hand to brush the hair from her face. "But," she quickly changed her words quickly, not wanting to upset her friend with her ranting. "I don't think he doesn't – I think he was in shock, in all honesty. Maybe you should consider telling him clearly" the raven-haired witch prompted, raising a brow "He seems like the type to need something said directly to his face." Though Rosa was partly betting if Lauren did, the Hufflepuff would just faint again.

That was an amusing thought.

Noticing the tears gathering in her friend's gaze, Rosa took her hand for a moment to pull her friend into a tight hug. Careful not to ruin her friend's hair or her half-done nails, Rosa smiled sadly, "Please don't be sad, Lauren. It'll be okay." She cooed softly, though partially unsure on how to comfort her friend she did her best – albeit awkwardly. This was still new-ish territory for her.

When she finally released the red-haired witch, Rosa was pulled into a new conversation topic that brought a slight smirk to her features, amber orbs dancing mischievously. "Wallace Campbell?" She parroted back, her smirk growing. "I guess you could say that – though I think smitten is a bad way to describe it…" Her smirk became a small grin as she settled her head back into her hand, "I find him interesting and I strangely look forward to his company. I very rarely find myself wanting to be around people – you are one example of someone I enjoy spending time with."

Noticing that Lauren was done, Rosa moved her hands away from her as she curled her fingers into her palm to study the new, bright design colouring her hands. Glancing to her friend, she raised a brow – expression emotionless once more though her gaze was soft. "Hufflepuff, really? You do remember I am a Slytherin, right?" Rosa joked, only to blow on her fingers lightly, wanting them to dry. "Its beautiful, Lauren. I love it.".

After a moment she glanced around, looking at the bottles of nail polish littering the floor. "Do you want me to do yours now or should we just go take a walk…we've been in here for a while I believe…"

Last edited:
759ea16371a874549390735fd51c5012.png

Interactions: Ash (@Ghostly Boo ), Effie (@Vio )
Mentions: Henry (@Adrian ), Ren (@Vio ), NPC (Elise's brother)

Elise smiled brightly as she walked along with Ash, her book tucked under her free arm. "Wonderful! We haven't had much time to hang out lately and at the same time we can get everything we need!" She paused, only to continue with an even happier tone if possible, "I can get some treats for everyone as well! Effie, Wallace, my brother, Henry, Ren…" The Ravenclaw began listing everyone off, once again planning on feeding everyone she could with sweets. "Maybe less so Henry though, I'm worried he may get toothache or get sick from how much he could eat." Elise added, a frown briefly on her features before shaking it off as they continued to head towards the Hall.

However, the two were interrupted by her cousin Effie and Elise hurriedly unwound her arm from Ash to pull her smaller cousin into a tight hug. "Effie! How are you?" She questioned, studying the girl carefully as she pulled back to make sure she was okay before taking a step back. Plucking a cookie, she brought it up to her lips and took a small bite before she continued, "Did you make these? They are amazing"

Distracted by the cookie, Elise only returned her attention when she noted Effie speaking and a curious look appeared on her features, "Reward?" She mumbled, furrowing her brows as she took a moment to try remember if she had heard something, only to quickly shake her head in return, "Nope. I haven't heard anything about this…Sounds fun though" Looking to Ash, she awaited to see if he had.

Last edited:
Piper Ryeland

Seventh Year, Hufflepuff

Mentions: Pedro Giovanni - Megs NPC
Interactions: Pedro Giovanni -Megs NPC

Piper jerked to the side with a startled squeak, attempting to see who had appeared behind her. Unfortunately, the movement send her right off the side of the bench and onto the ground. She landed on her back with a gasp of pain, her eyes flying wide and land right on the culprit, the silver haired Gryffindor, Pedro. "Pedro, hi, hi Pedro..." She said in a rush, quickly attempting to get to her feet, her face covered in a bright blush.

She dusted off her clothes, giving him a shy and embarrassed smile. "Erm...eh...no..no she's lovely." She said in a shy stutter, dropping her gaze to the ground. "She's delightful..." She added, feeling more and more embarrassed with each word she spoke. "I just...I mean, she isn't...a bother..." She said softly, blushing again as she looked at the boy through her pale strands.

• Sweet
Reactions: Ardent and Bubs
e885e55c18681a4ae06c835015d18e3b.jpg
Ash Caster
Ash chuckled lightly, petting his friends arm. "I'm sure Henry would protest otherwise," He said in amusement. Before they could speak again, a familiar Hufflepuff appeared with a bag of cookies. "Hi Effie!" He said brightly, not hesitating to accept a cookie. He took a large bite of cookie, humming his agreement with Elise words, the cookies really were amazing.

He lifted his attention from his cookie to look between the two girls. "Vanishing portraits?" He asked curiously, he gave a slight shrug as he caught Elise gaze. He knew nothing about this either. "I wonder where they're off too..." He murmured thoughtfully as he strolled along beside his two friends. He shoved the last of the cookie into his mouth with a thoughtful look as he chewed. "Are you interested in having a little look into it? It could be fun," He suggested, extending the invitation to both girls.

"We can still study later," He added, flashing Elise a smile.

Mentions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox - Effie Campbell @Vio
Interactions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox - Effie Campbell @Vio

ELLIOT GRAVES
||Mentions:||
||Interactions:||
||Location:||
"Yup!" Elliot exclaimed as if missing portraits was something wonderful. "It seems to be a routine of theirs, It's most intriguing," He said with a thoughtful look, his eyes almost glazed as he attempted to put the pieces together in his mind.

A hand taking his drew him from his thoughtful place. He flashed Leo a smile. "Splendid. We shall have this mystery solved in no time!" He said starting off down the hall. He paused at Leo's question before spinning around with a smile. "Why, we start with checking all the portraits, of course!" He said brightly, pulling his book from his pocket to jot down a note. "Come along Leo, there's no time to waste!" They had a mystery to solve after all, and questions to answer.

Elliot Graves started on his way again, muttering to himself as he wrote in his book. "I don't suppose you talented in the art of drawing? I can't seem to get this shape right, it's quite maddening..." Elliot said distractedly, holding out his book with a rough sketch of empty portraits.

Original By: Lillian Gray
Edits By: Bubbly Potions

Last edited:
FONT 1
FONT 2
FONT 3
A Chase for Clues
- A GM POST -

「 Mischief Managed 」John Williams
There was a noise. A squeak, like that of a frightened mouse. If someone were to pay attention to the portraits now, one might see a figure flashing between them. A man with a white beard hopped from painting to painting, looking very much in a hurry to get somewhere. Or get away from someone. Indeed, it was suspicious enough that several passing students glanced at the portraits. If it was the man's aim to be discreet, clearly he had utterly failed.

"Quick, catch him!" Someone yelled from the distance. How they had expected anyone to catch a man in a portrait is anyone's guess, but perhaps a spell or two would be enough to bind the poor old fellow in place. It was likely that the man knew something about what happened to the rest of the portraits. Gauging from his reaction, he also knew that he was being hunted down.

If someone could indeed manage to catch him, perhaps the man could give them a clue... or several.

Elise Campbell, Leo Castellanos @Sanguine Fox
Effie Campbell @Vio
Ash Caster, Elliot Graves @Ghostly Boo

Last edited:

ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE

Alistair was so deep in his musings that he didn't notice Victoria until she was standing right before him. He blinked his eyes, surprised. He opened his mouth to greet her, but decided the better of it once he realised she had already moved past the pleasantries.

Her question was out of the ordinary. Alistair could help but wonder what made the girl ask such a thing. He looked past Victoria as if the answer were somewhere there in the distance, the corner of his lips tugging down into a pensive expression.

At length, he finally spoke: "If they believe purebloods are above everyone else, then that would make them a supremacist," He shrugged, "What makes you ask?"

Not far away, there was a commotion. Some students were yelling and seemed to be fixated on the portraits. What was happening? Did someone get into trouble? Alistair fiddled with his Head Boy badge out of habit.

He began walking in that direction.

Victoria Grimm @~Dark Disney~

Colour Tag: #339966

Cormorant Garamond
Poppins
Spectral SC

Henry Chen
SEVENTH YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
"Hooooooly macaroni," Henry yelped, jumping so high from his seat that quite a few of the beans had managed to spill out of the package. He then looked at the girl incredulously, as if she had just sprouted two extra heads. It took him a moment to recover from his shock, "Jesus bearded Christ, Lou, you gave me a heart attack!"

As Davi filled Lou in on the 50 galleon prize, Henry stood up and moved the pack of beans out of Lou's reach. It was clear from the smile on his face that he was teasing her. No doubt it was payback for what she had done earlier. He was feeling cocky now, mainly because Lou was a lot shorter than him. "You want some? Come and get it, shortie."

Lou Middleton @lanabanana
Davi Cardoza @Vio

Last edited:
eloise 'lou' middleton
sixth year hufflepuff
A wide grin had graced Lou's face when she realised she had succeeded in scaring her two targets. Henry's reaction was definitely priceless, and she took a moment to admire the fact that she had caused that, before tuning in to what Davi said about the prize money and what it was for. "Vanishing portrait mystery?" She echoed, eyes now sparkling with more excitement. "We can do that! Imagine how much candy we could buy from Honeydukes with 50 Galleons." Because Lou knew that was what she would use the money for.

Speaking of which, she turned back to Henry, reminded of the beans he had been holding. The beans she had been trying to get so she could gobble them up, but Henry had decided that it was time to get back at her for scaring him and Davi. "Oh, come on, Henry," she whined, standing up so she could try and reach out to the packet of beans. Since it didn't work, she opted to stand up on the place where Henry had been seated not moments ago, right beside Davi.

"I'm going to get those beans one way or another,"
she told Henry with a challenging grin, placing a hand on Davi's shoulder to prevent herself from falling over when she leaned over a bit too much in a desperate attempt to get herself some sweets that Henry was now holding hostage. It was his to begin with, of course, but anyone that knew Lou, knew that she loved sweets.

"Davi will help me," Lou declared after a few more futile attempts, feeling overconfident even if she had scared him too. "Then we'll see who the shortie is."

interactions
→ henry chen [ @Adrian ]
→ davi cardoza [ @Vio ]

Cormorant Garamond
IM Fell English SC
UnifrakturMaguntia

Oliver Whitefang
raw - jim williams​
The way she had knocked his hand off her shoulder hurt. It hurt more than a mere bruise. His eyes stung. He felt a thunderstorm of emotions: anger, annoyance, sadness, pain, pain, pain. Oliver had not known what it was like to be alone, to be truly alone, until now. Until that... that... girl made him lose his mind--

No, he shouldn't blame her. It was his own fault. He should have had more self control. Oh, why couldn't he just go back in time and change everything?

Oliver tried to keep the swell of emotions under control, but he couldn't look Sanguine in the eyes now. He had never seen her so angry at him. It made him feel angry at himself, so angry he felt he could cry. But he told himself this was no time to be weak or look for pity.

She yelled at him, and he took all her words in silence. When, finally, she had mellowed down a bit, Oliver spoke.

"I don't know what--" He stopped himself. Repeating the same excuse, even if it was partially true, was useless at this point. It was better if he just went straight for the truth. Oliver took a deep breath and braced for the worst. The next words tumbled out of his mouth, "I was ignoring Lynn for a while, because she has this effect on me. I know it sounds strange." He paused. Winced. Sighed. "I feel strangely attracted to her. There must be something in her blood, or, or... All I know is, I can't help it. I barely know her. I hardly even talk to her. If I had a conscious decision on the matter, you--" He trailed off just then, realizing he had almost just confessed his own feelings for Sanguine. But this didn't seem like the right time to do it. "Erm, well, that's all there is to it. I just sort of lost my mind, and I'm not just saying that to excuse what I did, even though it does sound like it. Before I knew it, I got awfully close to Lynn and told her how I felt. I must have terrified her. It was around that time that Liz came up to us. She probably overheard. Or she put the pieces together after a while."

There was a pause. Oliver glanced up, facing Sanguine for the first time since he started talking.

"You can yell at me if you like. Or hurt me." He said. If there was ever a moment in his life where he was absolutely, perfectly serious, it was this very moment. "I don't mind. If it means you'll forgive me."

@Sanguine Fox

Deborah Johnson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
Debbie was about to hold her hands up in defense and say, "No, that's not what I meant," when Lynn laughed, clearly indicating that she had taken no offense whatsoever. But then, something she said confused Debbie.

"Opposing team? What do you mean?" Debbie chuckled, as if this were the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. "We're on the same team. Unless I'm imagining things after all and you're not a Ravenclaw like I thought you were. Which I doubt. We've been on the same team for many years now, Lynn." As ever, Debbie would take any opportunity to make the other party feel dumb as possible, if she ever thought lowly of them and found them saying or doing something inane. This was evidently the case now.

They had just about reached the broomshed when Liz came forward to meet them. Her gaze seemed to be trained on Lynn the entire time, to the point that it was almost uncomfortable to look at. The greeting that Debbie had prepared faltered in her throat as she watched Liz drag Lynn by the shirt. Of course, Liz was quick to explain the situation, and not a second later they were gone.

Debbie decided she wouldn't think much about it, even if Liz seemed a little too aggressive for Debbie's comfort. It didn't involve her, after all. She would rather avoid other people's messy situations. She had her own problems to deal with.

Once she had stored away her broom, Debbie found herself wandering into the courtyard. Her face lit up when she saw Piper nearby, but when she saw that her friend was talking to someone else, she decided not to interrupt. A pang of loneliness hit her all of a sudden at the realization she had nowhere else to go, nor anyone to really talk to. And so Debbie wandered back into the hallway, deciding to take a shower then head to the library now that she had some spare time to get some school work done.

@Mook-LandStrider
@Vio
@Ghostly Boo

Theme Song: Again and Again - Holly Brook
Art: Batcii

Last edited: