2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
1975. A time of struggle for muggles and wizards alike. While the cold war is at its height, the wizarding world is faced with a war of its own. The Daily Prophet has reported nothing but bad news as of late. There have been disappearances, murders, dark marks in the sky, and sightings of strange men in masks. Whispers say this is all the work of the Dark Lord, an enemy so formidable no one dares to speak his name.

A dark cloud hangs over Hogwarts, for even its peace has been disturbed. The promise of a new academic year and its would-be adventures are instead shrouded in unspeakable fear. There are those who come to Hogwarts with dark intentions and even darker magic. No one knows who they are. They stay in the shadows, bearing the faces of old friends or foes, whispering, scheming...

In this age of growing racial prejudice, the well-being of half-breeds and muggle borns hang in the balance.

Hogwarts is no longer safe.
Current Chapter 6: A Solemn Supper

Date: Wednesday, October 8 1975
Time: 6pm
Event: Feast at the Great Hall
Weather: Cloudy

Hogwarts opens its great doors once more, though the students that choose to remain are anything but great in number. If, at the beginning of the school year, the halls were flooded with streams of black robes, it is now reduced to a trickle. And what would customarily be an exited hubbub is now uncomfortably quiet, occasionally permeated by whispers of uncertainty and fear.

Something about Hogwarts has changed. Something more than the Chamber of Secrets being opened then closed once again. Something more than the appointment of the new Headmaster Demetrius Creed, whose very existence seems to be shrouded in mystery. Hogwarts itself seems foreboding somehow. Like some dark and evil spirit has possessed its very walls. For the castle towers now stood frowning upon the encroaching students like it loathes for them to come back. There will be no warm welcome, no semblance of a joyous celebration to be had. There is only the beginnings of an omen.

But even in the darkness, there is hope. The two students who fell victim to the Basilisk are now cured and well, even if the trauma remains with them and will haunt their dreams for some time.

Today, they will be rejoining their classmates who, upon their arrival, are immediately ushered into the Great Hall for supper. There, half the former staff awaits them upon their usual seats at the great table, whilst the other half seems to have been replaced by unknown and unwelcoming new faces. The usual seat of the Headmaster is curiously empty.
Write-up by Adrian   |   Coding by Adrian   |   © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / EXT / OOC
0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /

Last edited:
e885e55c18681a4ae06c835015d18e3b.jpg
Ash Caster
Ash rubbed at his eye with the end of his sleeve, attempting to stop the stinging in his eye. Only he had hair in his hair as well, and the falling grains weren't helping. He ducked his head forward ruffling his hands through his hair to clear out the dirt, he quickly lifted the side of his earmuff while everyone was distracted, wiping away the dirt.

He was just about to tuck them back into place when Morrigan's harsh words registered, followed by Elise apologising. He jerked his head up, muffs flinging from his head, forgotten, as his best friend was shoved. He immediately lifted his hands to steady Elise before shooting a glare at Morrigan for her overreaction to a few spatters of dirt. "Hey! She apologised, so back off!" He said firmly.

Mentions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox - Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions
Interactions: Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions

• According to Plan
Reactions: Bubs and Ardent

Deborah Johnson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
Debbie had been expecting a cold rebuttal, or perhaps even a snubbing. But Annie was immediately riled up, wrath spewing out of her like poison overflowing from a bubbling cauldron. It was so unlike the girl's usual demeanor that Debbie was rendered silent for a moment, staring at her friend in disbelief. Could she even call Annie her friend at this point?

Then, slowly, the venom sunk in and Debbie could feel it hurt deeply. Her eyes seemed to sting, though she simply told herself that the onions were the culprit and nothing else. She breathed in, shaking, and without looking Annie in the eyes, she said:

"I didn't expect that to hurt. You win, Annie. You always fucking win."

She dropped the knife onto the counter and left, tears streaming freely down her cheeks as her mind screamed at her: Unfair, unfair, unfair! How dare Annie, perfect miss Annie, to insult and degrade her so. Debbie tried so hard. She always did. And yet she could never seem to get what she wanted.

@Vinn
@Sanguine Fox
@Bubbly Potions
@Ghostly Boo

Theme Song: Again and Again - Holly Brook
Art: Batcii

“Enough for us to be done by the evening. I avoided moaning myrtles bathroom though. She creeps me out.” Wallace quipped back to the blonde casually. Then he rolled up his sleeves absent mindedly. He was focused solely on getting their chores done, and in doing so forgot that there were others around to notice the scars that lined his wrist to further up the arm. Taking a rag and some cleaner he heads into the first stall while his friend Percy starts on scrubbing the floor. After taking a moment to clean it he leaves the rag atop the toilet to grab the blue colored cleaner for the inside of the bowl, and the scrub along with it. Retreating back into the stall there’s the sound of plastic bristles against the hard surface of the bowl, and then a flush.

Effie watched quietly as chaos unfolded in front of her. First Liz injured her ears and most likely ran off too the infirmary and now Morrigan was shoving her cousin over a few specs of dirt. If there was anything Effie didn’t do well with it was confrontation. Though if the ravenette was so bothered by getting a little dirty, then maybe she should ask a professor to move her to a different group. This chore was easy, and they all could have be well on their way to being nearly done if they just focused on the task at hand. “C-can we please just focus?” Effie squeaks. Her gloves fingers fidgeting with the pot of dirt in her hands.

Davi couldn’t help but grin stupidly at the look on Henry’s face. The gentle pats on the shoulder surely welcomed as usual, the guy was like a brother to Davi to him after all. “I figured you’d like it.” Davi practically snorts back at him certainly amused by himself. Davi deftly and easily caught the broomstick in his hand, his gaze curiously fell on his friend wondering what the other was planning. Though knowing Henry it was most likely something fun.

“Oi!! De loco... ahahah.” The boy called out after him, a little Spanish fall off his lips. Mounting the broom he takes a quick glance at Rosa before taking off after him. Giving her a quick playful wink. Rocketing up into the sky he chases after Henry, obviously not going to beat him to the hoops due to having started after him. Feeling the breeze in his hair was heavenly, and it reminded him why he enjoyed being on the quidditch team so much.

Last edited:
Liz gaze followed Lynn as she stepped away with nothing to say, and for a moment it really BUGGED her. She could feel her eye twitching just a little from being wholly ignored in such a way. What was this girl’s problem? She didn’t even say thank you! Oliver’s voice was the sole reason her attention shifted, and her cool blues nearly glared at him in annoyance. What was he trying to say? She wasn’t sure if it was just him being stupid or her own hearing failing her again. It took her a moment of studying his face for her to really register it for what it was; fear. Why though? For some reason she felt hurt by such an expression from him. “Why are you looking at me like that?” She asks him, her voice loud as if she were wearing head phones. “You’re going to have to speak up, I think I ruptured my ear drums with the mandrakes.” She said casually, almost as if she wasn’t even bothered by it anymore, which wouldn’t be true.

Cormorant Garamond
Poppins
Spectral SC

Henry Chen
SEVENTH YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
"HEY MOM!" Henry called over his shoulder, stopping for a moment to look down at Rosa. "ARE YOU JOINING US OR NOT? OR ARE YOU TOO CHICKEN?" He laughed just then, until it occurred to him that Davi would likely catch up to him if he lingered around for too long. Henry sped forward, spinning in the air to show off and taunt Davi for falling behind.

"Slowpoke!" He teased his friend once he had steadied himself once more, hair windswept and sticking out in all directions thanks to his careless stunt.

@Sanguine Fox
@Vio

Piper Ryeland

Seventh Year, Hufflepuff

Mentions: Deborah Johnson, @Adrian - Annie @Bubbly Potions
Interactions: Deborah Johnson @Adrian -

Piper stared down at the bench before her, vegetables scattered across its surface. All she could focus on was the horrible words flying between her friends like the sting of a Blast-ended Skrewt. She really hated to see them like this and being unable to do anything about it.

She clenched her fists tightly scrambling for something to say...To calm things down. Only Debbie was already dropping the knife on the counter and leaving the kitchen. She stared after her with wide eyes before glancing around the room. However the instinct to go to her friend out weighted her desire to help the others finish their detention. "Wait!" She called after her. She dropped her own tools and dashed after the Ravenclaw, letting the kitchen door bang shut behind her.

Last edited:
x
Juniper Murray

Mentions: Echo Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose - Morrigan Quinn, Persephone Gaunt @Bubbly Potions - Wallace Campbell @Vio - Peeves
Interactions: Wallace Campbell @Vio - NPC Peeves
Thank goodness the boys need to be helpful hadn't completely ruined her plans. This was her chance and having it slip through her fingers so soon...well it just wouldn't have been ideal. "I suppose we should be thanking you for lessening the work load," she said simply. She picked up a few of the cleaning supplies, deciding to at least make it look like she was working, she had to plan more without the risk of questions...

Juniper dropped her cloth in one of the sinks and slipped her hand into her pocket to check for the locket as she watch the little group spread out to clean. Only her fingers closed around a stale peanut intead of the locket. Confused she jerked it from her pocket, brows furrowed.

"Finders keepers!" A well known voice sing-songed. "Peeve's" she snarled glaring at the floating figure before her. Her plan sitting in the palm of his hand, glinting silver, just for her to see.

"Give it back right now," she said coldly. He just gave her his usual jester smile and flew right out of the bathroom his delighted laughter following in his wake. "Y-" She cut of with a startled shout as the tap in front of her suddenly blew off and water shot into her face, that horrid laughter seeming to grow louder for a moment before vanishing into the distance.

With an angry growl she moved out of the spray, wrath in her eyes. She clenched her jaw so tightly her teeth ground together. Without a word to the others, she stalked from the room, her shoes squeaking and clothes dripping. Like hell she'd be doing detention, she had a poltergeist to vanquish.

Original By: Spectre of the Fade
Edits By: Bubbly Potions

Last edited:
d8qmisj-87466e77-15f8-48b4-b868-25a14ee5e408.png
Delynn Von Kronig

Necklace

INTERACTIONS:
Alastair @Adrian
Lauren Harrison Bubbly Potions
Everett Sayre Princess Poisoned Rose

MENTIONS:
Lauren
Everett
Alastair

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

Hearing the two of them talking Lynn felt her heart sinking more and more. She took a few more steps back at them talking about possibly having killed someone. "What do you mean... did you kill someone? Im not stupid but that specific phrasing dictates that this may have happened before." Lynn stammered out. For the first time in a long time her hands went up to her necklace. Both hands gripping onto the crystal she wanted to rip it off but she knew it was impossible for her to do it herself.

Out of fear she began to back up extremely quietly. While the two of them were distracted she made a very sly and quick exit around the corner. Having slipped away from the two of them before they finished talking she began to run down the adjacent hallway. Coming around a corner Lynn looked behind her before turning her head to look back ahead of her. Not having heard the commotion ahead Lynn only have a moment to stop herself.

Despite trying to slow down from her half run she didn't have enough time. Slamming into the back of Alastair Lynn bounced off of him like a rock being thrown against a wall. Falling backwards she hit her head on the ground before letting out a groan. Hands reaching up to her head she pressed them against the back of her head. After a few moments Lynn began to go still as it became obvious that she had probably knocked herself out.

ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE

It was as if some malevolent spirit were listening into their conversation, for the moment the threat left Alistair's mouth, the exact thing he had warned Everett not to do happened to him anyway. Something, or someone--for Alistair did not have an eye on the back of his head and therefore could not see the girl dashing towards him--slammed against his back, hard. It was so hard, in fact, that the boy found himself thrust onto Everett, inevitably locking lips with the other boy.

Alistair's mind went completely blank, almost seemingly unfazed as he stared into Everett's eyes. Immediately, he pulled back, coughed, then straightened his collar.

"Right. Yes," He said, still feeling quite numb over the whole incident. But as the seconds wore on, the shock subsided and in its place came absolute disgust. He blinked. Once, twice, thrice, several times. He shifted his gaze to the muggleborn girl and walked in the direction they were originally heading for, before Everett had intervened. In his utter shock, he had not noticed Delynn at all.

Vaguely, he decided he would head for the bathrooms first thing and wash his mouth with as much water as could fill a river.

- Interactions:
Delynn Von Kronig @Mook-LandStrider
Everett Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose
Lauren Harrison @Bubbly Potions

Colour Tag: #339966

Rory Thomson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
Rory stuck to scrubbing the walls, though he was mostly preoccupied with undue anticipation. He kept his ears pricked up for snippets of conversation between Echo and Percy, but for the moment everything was calm as can be. Everyone had gone straight for their tasks, and Rory was getting impatient. He knew that sticking his oar in wouldn't do any good right now, and the waves it would make was just bound to swallow him in instead, so he kept quiet and kept to the task. It wasn't like this was unusual for him, and for now, it was probably better if he kept a low profile.

When he thought the day couldn't get any more uneventful, a shriek caught his attention. Rory found Juniper yelling at the poltergeist, who was holding a silver pendant. Immediately, the girl stalked out of the room drenched, seemingly intent to catch Peeves and get back whatever had been stolen from her.

Interest piqued, Rory followed her.

@Winterswing
@Princess Poisoned Rose
@Bubbly Potions
@Vio

Cormorant Garamond
IM Fell English SC
UnifrakturMaguntia

Oliver Whitefang
raw - jim williams​
Oliver let his hands fall to his sides, reason now finally catching up with him. The strange magnetizing power that Lynn had over him was still strong, but in the advent of Elizabeth, it had grown considerably more manageable. Oliver looked as if someone had just doused him with a bucketful of cold water.

"I--N-no, that's not what I meant," he looked between the two girls. For a moment back there, he had lost all grip on sanity. He wouldn't have known what he had done, and he was ashamed for jumping fast into conclusions that had no bearing in truth. Now, not only had he frightened Lynn, but he had also dragged Liz into all this mess. He could not forgive himself for that.

Lynn turned away before he could explain himself, and Oliver faced Liz with a most remorseful expression. He would have sat down and put his face in his hands, if Liz wasn't so badly injured at the moment.

"I'll take you to the infirmary," he said, though his face seemed to hurt when he said it. Just now, he seemed several years younger, his childhood self breaking through the man he had grown up to be. "I don't know why I said that, I'm sorry. I don't even know what I was doing. I could have almost... almost..."

He blinked his tears away, refusing to cry. Then, he promptly changed the subject, wanting to distract himself from what had just happened. "Does it still hurt? Can you hear me?"

@Mook-LandStrider
@Vio

Last edited:
Piper and Deborah

Debbie sat on one of the barrels that were situated just outside the kitchen and buried her face in her knees. It was embarrassing enough to have to endure Annie's remarks, but the fact that Debbie herself had lost her temper only worsened it. Debbie hardly ever cried. She took pride in her unfailing cordiality and thus never really found herself in situations like these. But there was a first time for everything. For the first time, someone whom she had considered a friend betrayed her. Nothing could hurt as much as this.
CGDNvUu.jpg

When she heard approaching footsteps, Debbie didn't look up. She already knew who it was.

Piper was already scrambling her mind to find something comforting to say that wasn't 'Are you okay' which was her first thought. The silence stretched for what seemed to be ages when Debbie finally looked up. Refusing to look her friend in the eyes, however, Debbie resigned herself to staring at her own feet.

"You probably think I'm full of myself now, too," She found herself saying.

Piper climbed up beside her with a sigh, shaking her head. "Not at all." She crossed her legs beneath her wishing she could help the girls to be friends again but after everything said it the kitchen, it seemed unlikely to happen any time soon. "I think...That maybe this wasn't the best group choice on the professors part," She offered. Only to end up blushing at her horrible attempt at lightening the mood, animals were so much easier to please and comfort.

"I'm just tired of Annie getting everything," Debbie said, the consolations doing little to improve her mood, though she appreciated Piper's attempt at lifting it. It made her glad, however, that at least someone didn't think too bad of her after all that happened. Debbie wouldn't have known what to do if she had to lose another friend. "I know I shouldn't be complaining about that. I should be happy. I just can't be. I've wanted to be Head Girl for so long.

And then it's like she never gets into that much trouble even when she does something wrong. It's not fair." Debbie sighed, increasingly feeling like a bratty child the more she talked, but now that she had let all her worries out, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders, "My parents are going to be so disappointed."

Unable to help it anymore Piper threw her arms around her friend and hugged her tightly. 'Pressure was meant to help right?' She didn't know, all she knew was that she wanted to comfort her better then her sad attempt at speaking, which she was doing now, damnit. "I think you're allowed to be disappointed and angry, there isn't anything wrong with that." She was beginning to pet her friends hair like she would when comforting one of her many animals, she hadn't even registered the fact she was doing so. At least...not until her fingers got stuck in her friend's curly hair. She stilled her hand, cheeks heating. "I'm sure your parent's will understand," She said softly, resting her head against her shoulder.

The usually independent and stone-hearted girl didn't think she needed a hug until she received it. Debbie leaned against Piper in turn with a sigh.
V1wM6yV.jpg

"You haven't met them. I'm in a lot of pressure to live up to their expectations because..." Because of our race, Debbie thought to herself, but decided not to say it aloud. She had already said so much, and talking about her parents in such a manner was uncharacteristic of her. It made her feel guilty doing it. "Just because things are a lot harder for us. But anyway, thanks. For listening and everything. I feel better now."

Debbie had already stopped crying altogether and much of her composure was back to how it normally was. She smiled at her friend, then pulled away, but something stuck.

"Ow, what the hell--" She cried out, feeling for her hair only to realise that Piper's fingers were stuck in her locks.

Before Piper could say a word about anything, her friend was moving, taking her fingers with them. "Eek! Wait!" She shifted her position, lifting her other hand to try and free her fingers without hurting Debbie. "Just...one second," She murmured determinedly, as she unwound the wild strands holding her fingers captive.

"Aha! There we go!" She said brightly, flattening down the strands she'd left standing. She dropped her gaze down to meet Debbie's suddenly, expression serious. "I'm your friend and I'm always here when you need to talk, that won't ever change. I promise." She'd never felt so sure or serious about any words she'd ever spoken before.

Debbie smiled, then suddenly a thought occurred to her. A thought she never figured she would seriously consider before now. She stood up, took Piper's hand, then said, with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes:

"Let's ditch detention. What do you say we go to Hogsmeade?" She grinned.

Piper didn't even hesitate before answering. "Let's do it!" She was to relieved to see her friend smiling again to even think about the trouble they'd get into.

And so, the two girls sped out of the castle giggling, renewed in spirits as they looked forward to a day spent in Hogsmeade.

Last edited:

Jasper Grey

received_470429863451978.jpeg
Jasper glanced at Ivar with his bleeding brow then back at Joan as he settled one bucket on the ground. "What happens in the closet, stay's in the closet," He said, dropping his arm around Ivar's shoulder. "Isn't the right, Ivar?" He asked playfully.

"Anyhow, we should get to cleaning..." At that moment a thought slid into his mind and made him smirk as he settled his gaze on the smelly Gryffindor before him. "I think we'll start with the worst shall we?" He said with a growing grin as he grabbed the bottom of the bucket and flung the contents all over Joan. "Bath time!" He said brightly to sopping girl.

Mentions: Ivar Ragnulf @Bubbly Potions - Joan Lambert @Adrian
Interactions: Ivar Rgnulf @Bubbly Potions - Joan Lambert @Adrian

Last edited:
  • Haha
Poppins

Joan Lambert
SEVENTH YEAR GRYFFINDOR
Joan raised an eyebrow at the two boys. If there was some kind of joke here, it had grown wings and flown right past Joan's head.

Next thing she knew she was doused in cold water. Her mouth formed a wide "O" as she stared incredulously at Jasper. Then, looking like she had been possessed, something glinted in her eye: a need for vindication.

"Oh, now you're definitely going to get it," Joan bellowed, taking the other bucketful of water as she stormed towards the other boy. "Come here, you asshole!"

The owls stirred on their posts ahead, as if the scene excited them, while Joan scooped up a handful of water and aimed it for Jasper's face.
Theme Song: Fuck the People - The Kills
Art: vurdeM on DeviantArt

Jasper Grey

received_470429863451978.jpeg
Jasper popped up both brows, a grin curving his cheek. "I thought we already cleared up the fact I wasn't going to hug you," He said, easily skipping back. Unfortunately it didn't save him from the water which splashed right into his face and chest.

He froze, gaze slowly dropping to the wet marks on his shirt then just as slowly returned to Joan, grey eye's flashing in challenge. "Oh, it's so on now." Having none of his own water left in it's bucket and Joan having stolen the other, he did the only logical thing possible. He lunged for the next best thing, filthy, shit covered, hay. Flinging that at Joan, in an attempt at a diversion as he went in for the bucket.

Mentions: Joan Lambert @Adrian
Interactions: Joan Lambert @Adrian

Last edited:
  • Haha
(I hijacked Morrigan with @Bubbly Potions' permission as she is currently on hiatus)

Morrigan's earmuffs might have muffled Ash's voice, but it was clear from the expression on his face that whatever he was saying could not have been anything nice. The nerve of this boy to speak to her in that way. Wouldn't it be amusing if something unfortunate were to happen to him? She ought to teach him a lesson.

Seeing the boy’s earmuffs lying forgotten on the ground, Morrigan gave a meaningful smirk as she tugged at the plant from the pot before her. Out came the hideous little baby mandrake, squealing and squirming like some tortured thing.

@Ghostly Boo
@Sanguine Fox

Last edited:
Poppins

Joan Lambert
SEVENTH YEAR GRYFFINDOR
Smack.

Hay and owl shit now decorated the front of Joan's shirt, but at this point, she couldn't care less. After having been doused in vinegar, shat on by an owl, then bathed in cold water, this was nothing. But it did distract her momentarily, and she almost lost her grip on the handle when Jasper grabbed the bucket.

"No. You. Won't." She heaved, as she attempted to pull the bucket back, the water slushing and splashing in all directions. In a last ditch effort, she grabbed a fistful of hay from the window sill and threw it in Jasper’s direction, except Joan had misjudged her aim and the hay headed for Sanguine's face. Unbeknownst to any of them, the hay had the carcass of a dead mouse in it. Joan braced herself for the impact, as if she were on the receiving end instead of Sanguine.
Theme Song: Fuck the People - The Kills
Art: vurdeM on DeviantArt

Last edited:
e885e55c18681a4ae06c835015d18e3b.jpg
Ash Caster
Ash wasn't expecting Morrigan's retaliation at all. After all, she couldn't have heard him anyway's...not that his words had been hard or rude by any means. Unfortunately he obviously wasn't a good judge of character or understanding how one reacts to a small comment and he payed dearly for it.

He had one moment of dread as a baby Mandrake was ripped from it's cosy little pot, his mind having a moment to unhelpfully register the fact he wasn't wearing any earmuffs to protect him from it's scream. It was safe to say, it was the most horrible sound he'd ever heard, striking right into his brain and making everything spin. The last thing he saw, before everything went dark, was Elise mouth.

Mentions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox - Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions
Interactions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox

• According to Plan