2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
1975. A time of struggle for muggles and wizards alike. While the cold war is at its height, the wizarding world is faced with a war of its own. The Daily Prophet has reported nothing but bad news as of late. There have been disappearances, murders, dark marks in the sky, and sightings of strange men in masks. Whispers say this is all the work of the Dark Lord, an enemy so formidable no one dares to speak his name.

A dark cloud hangs over Hogwarts, for even its peace has been disturbed. The promise of a new academic year and its would-be adventures are instead shrouded in unspeakable fear. There are those who come to Hogwarts with dark intentions and even darker magic. No one knows who they are. They stay in the shadows, bearing the faces of old friends or foes, whispering, scheming...

In this age of growing racial prejudice, the well-being of half-breeds and muggle borns hang in the balance.

Hogwarts is no longer safe.
Current Chapter 6: A Solemn Supper

Date: Wednesday, October 8 1975
Time: 6pm
Event: Feast at the Great Hall
Weather: Cloudy

Hogwarts opens its great doors once more, though the students that choose to remain are anything but great in number. If, at the beginning of the school year, the halls were flooded with streams of black robes, it is now reduced to a trickle. And what would customarily be an exited hubbub is now uncomfortably quiet, occasionally permeated by whispers of uncertainty and fear.

Something about Hogwarts has changed. Something more than the Chamber of Secrets being opened then closed once again. Something more than the appointment of the new Headmaster Demetrius Creed, whose very existence seems to be shrouded in mystery. Hogwarts itself seems foreboding somehow. Like some dark and evil spirit has possessed its very walls. For the castle towers now stood frowning upon the encroaching students like it loathes for them to come back. There will be no warm welcome, no semblance of a joyous celebration to be had. There is only the beginnings of an omen.

But even in the darkness, there is hope. The two students who fell victim to the Basilisk are now cured and well, even if the trauma remains with them and will haunt their dreams for some time.

Today, they will be rejoining their classmates who, upon their arrival, are immediately ushered into the Great Hall for supper. There, half the former staff awaits them upon their usual seats at the great table, whilst the other half seems to have been replaced by unknown and unwelcoming new faces. The usual seat of the Headmaster is curiously empty.
Write-up by Adrian   |   Coding by Adrian   |   © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / EXT / OOC
0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /

Last edited:
Anger and hurt flashed in her eyes before a few tears fell down her cheeks. She held onto herself as she began to shake. Things were flashing through her head, “You thought that was the best way to get back at me, by sleeping with my best friend.” She said through gritted teeth. She took another step away from him. “I have saved everything for you. My first everything for you. That doesn’t matter does it, Alistair, because I am not the perfect silent girl you want. I am not the girl who holds her tongue. I am not Percy. That is it isn’t it? I am just the girl your parents saddled you with at six.” She wiped the tears as the fell down her cheeks. “I have been falling in love with you since the third year, that doesn’t matter in the end because I ask too many questions.

She scoffed through her tears, “I have done everything respectable and that still doesn’t matter to you. You deserve no respect at this point, Alistair. You are nothing without your family name to back you up, just like Lucious.” She spat angrily with tears down her face before she stormed out of the great hall to get away from Alistair. So she could breathe and grieve on her own. She went back to her room quickly to grab her cloak before heading out of the castle to wander the grounds. Echo tried her best to hold it in until she came to her favorite spot under a beautiful tree by Black Lake.

She flicked her hood up over her head and sat down pulling her knees to her chest before she sobbed feeling more broken than she had last night. She felt the cracks in the shatters as her heart decimated into smaller pieces. She pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders. Echo blamed herself and her inability to properly express her emotions and Alistair and his twisted way to get back at her. She didn’t understand how everything came to this. “Maybe it’s better if we break off the engagement. He obviously doesn’t want to be with me. I am too much of a nuisance to him anyway. I should write to Father.” She said softly aloud to herself. Another wave of grief hit her taking her breath away.

Interactions: Alistair @Adrian
Mentions: Percy @Bubbly Potions

1539523596655-png.168208

Interactions: Oliver (@Daddy )
Mentions: Joan (@Daddy )

Sanguine was stunned when she felt her friend’s arms around her, though she quickly calmed. It was odd, but it soothed her nerves, though it didn’t stop the tears entirely. Her pulse calmed but briefly, it had soared again when she realised how close Oliver currently was. Nodding, Sanguine shut her eyes tight and took in a small breath, her focus shifting reluctantly from Oliver to trying to calm herself enough to allow rationality to return.

Eventually, she had calmed enough to reach up and brush away the remaining tears from her flushed cheeks. Green eyes studied Oliver as he pulled back as she nodded in agreement. He was right. She sighed softly, reaching up to push the hair from her face, this time not in distress. “Right.” She murmured quietly. “I’ll…I’ll apologise next time I see her. Hopefully, she knows nothing.” Sanguine continued, shifting her gaze cautiously around – hoping no one had seen her breakdown.

Once she felt it was safe and the area devoid of prying eyes and listening ears, she turned back to Oliver and smiled weakly. “Sorry…about that…” Glancing away in slight embarrassment of the prior state she was in, she chuckled awkwardly. “I…panicked…I guess? But thank you for being there and helping me calm down, Ollie.”

Still very much startled it took Effie a moment to realize that she wasn't where she thought she was. The person in front of her wasn't who she thought they were. No he had blonde hair, this person in the now had dark hair. She was surrounded by the stone walls of hogwarts, and not the walls of her home. This was a hallway, not a room. He isn't here. She thought to herself. He isn't here. He isn't here. He isn't here. She repeated those three words like a mantra, her erratic breathing starting to slow. Her wild eyes glossing over in a wet sheen as she started to cry lightly. Bringing her small hands to her face she helplessly wipes away at her falling tears as she sobs quietly.

Tasha restrained himself from wrapping his arms around her. He could feel the sadness, fright and anxiety that rolled off in tears. Her soft whimpers barely contained the loudness of her drowning voice. She was coming back to him, but he felt that she could be swept up at any moment. “You’re safe.” He said, as he lowered himself into a crouching position. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t noticed the fear welled up inside the girl before. Her cautious behavior and the way she jumped at the slightest touch. Tasha hadn’t come to any assumptions, but he could see the hurt rooted in so deep. “I’m right here, Effie. Nothing’s going to hurt you.”

Her sobs eventually started to settle into tiny sniffles as she started to calm from her episode. More than anything she wished for her mother to be here to scoop her up into a big warm hug and tell her everything was fine. Tasha's gentle reassurance reminding the young red head of her in a way. It was comforting, not as comforting as it would have been from Elise or Wallace, but enough lull her into a sense of security. Taking out a handkerchief from her cloak pocket she wiped away at her damp cheeks and puffy eyes. Seemingly much better than the state she had just previously been, but still shaken up. "I need to sit down..." she says hoarsly in between sniffles.

Mentions: Elise (@Sanguine Fox ), Wallace (Me)

Interactions: Tasha (@Vinn)

Pedro Rowan Govanni
Fifth Year, Gryffindor

Interactions:
Nibbles - NPC & Leo - @Sanguine Fox
Mentions:
Piper Ryeland - @Winterswing, Lauren Harrison - Me & Henry Chen - @Daddy

"Wow, what a way to introduce yourself, Leo..." Pedro commented in an almost surprised tone of voice. Not necessarily trying to cause trouble by the comment, it just seemed like an extra shitty situation and way to meet a figure of the Student Council. Head Girl nonetheless. Watching his peer turn into a bumbling and babbling mess of panic.

"I doubt she'll hold it against you... I kinda called her best friend, a Mudblood last night... So, who do you think she'd really dislike?" Pedro asked the boy with a cocked brow. The boy listened to Leo's advice with quite a bit of interest, resting his head in his right palm. Letting a sigh leave his lips in slight defeat.

"I called her a Mudblood, the last time I did that Laurie made me vomit slugs for a month... But we were kids then. Last night was something different." He sighed, his voice on the verge of breaking. "Glad that someone else doesn't like Henry at least," Pedro admitted with some relief offering his friend a slight smirk.

"Just don't understand what she sees in that idiot, he's so frustrating..." The fifth-year groaned in annoyance- completely unaware of the person walking over to him and Leo with a hopeful gaze. Piper Ryeland the sweet girl he shared a club with and owner to Nibbles the now diabetic looking Puffskien.

Last edited:
Cyrus Grey

tumblr_oy1cjf0Yr11sq1xo4o1_1280.jpg

"Just the person I want to avoid," Cyrus announced at Rory's attempt of a smile. Her expression was the same, lingering with a bit of spite for the threat made the night before. "Pity, I quite liked your nose all bloodied and screwed up... Ranga." She commented with a tempered gaze.

Cy stood quietly for a time pulling long strands of long mousy brown hair over her shoulders. "So, are we going to talk here or take it somewhere else?" The Gryffindor finally spoke up breaking the heavy silence. Her temper was at a steady boil at that moment. The matter of her future is uncertain and in the hands of a kid, she used to pick on felt unsettling. A kid she used to admire before he festered into a spiteful piece of shit.

Her heart raced when and face physically paled at the point he made the night before. The point of Azkaban. Mere mention or thought of that place made the illegal nature of being unregistered caused bile to creep up her throat. Each passing moment of silence promised more of an unsettled nature and timid, something quite unexpected of the normally quite outspoken tomboy.

Waiting for a moment for a moment before making a sprint towards the large doors. Cyrus Grey took her chances to accept the instinctive feeling of flight rather than fight. Slipping into a narrow passage to transfigure back into her mousy form. Only scurrying out of the safety of the dark corner when she thought it was safe.

il_570xN.671701758_qhqs.jpg
Her small mousy form hopped between the feet of a few students, successfully dodging their monstrous feet. It seemed her escape was going perfectly until a large shadow enveloped her, within the grasp of two sausage fingers... Was her small fuzzy tail end. Squeaking in a loud and pained protest Cyrus twitched and shaking around. Big innocent eyes shaking timidly as she looked into the eyes of her captor.

Rory Thomson, the very person she darted away from and hoped that she could have successfully got away from.

Mentions: Rory Thomson - @Bone Daddy

Last edited:
Jackie’s head rested on the Hufflepuff’s table, his cheek pressed firmly across the wooden table that stretched at least twenty or more feet one direction. The plausible amount of noise of the previous few nights have passed through one ear and out the other.

His head resting just beside the shining plate that reflects the dim casted light from the windows that filled the hall. His mouth letting out a sigh, his desire to stay awake loosely slipping from him.

“Morning.” A striving desire to keep himself attention, his eyes darted to Lauren across the table.

He examined her fully, his eyes catching her softer blue eyes. He blinked again before forcing his body into an upright position. He looked incredibly disheveled. His robes seemed so off you could compare them to that of a recruit’s garments that had went un folded in boot camp.

His face red, smothered with an indention from the hard table, his face seems to hold a distant gaze. His freckles softly showing, resembling well with his brown eyes. His ruff beard sat even more uneven than ever.

“Jackie. You are?” After more words left his mouth, a cracked smile slid upon his face. Hoping to seem more of a polite human being.

While he awaited her response, almost like an animal he began to dig straight into the plate of food which appeared with a soft ‘pop’ sound on top of the plate.

Jackie grasped the roll, took a huge bite, chewed thoroughly before swallowing, following it down with the chaser of the drink. Only then did he realized what he had just said. It hit him a bit harder than finally going to sleep.

"Lauren, oops. Sorry! I-I'm just kind of tired. I've been trying to figure out that lame repair charm from last year. I'm struggling slightly." He looked into her eyes again, his own hinting apologetically.

“They still ain’t got nothin’ like this back home. Dang summertime visits, so lame.” His voice now coming to life, it held a strong rasp to it, like a teenager finishing puberty but his voice held its own.

Jackie wasn’t one for long nights and he knew it, but last night was probably the longest he had yet. His curiosity almost got the best of him, but from a bit of an extraordinary warning from his instincts, he returned to the commons to begin re-reading chapters of a book. Specifically “How to Understand your Pets Emotions?”. The long part was holding an animal form throughout the night, hiding in the forest outside of the grounds.

When he returned, he simply transformed into himself, walked onto the grounds through the more Eastern part of the field. Headed to the hall, then took a seat at least an hour or two before the other students gathered. Napping like a ‘dog’.

@Bubbly Potions

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivar Ragnulf

bdbddd987c5f123c89a6f941b9e67293.jpg
Ivar watched his friend bicker quietly, not throwing or passing any judgement against his friend. He couldn't judge-- he never had the chance of having a sibling or someone close enough to consider a sibling. Fixing himself a meal and drink while Jasper Grey continued on his ranting and raving he nibbled at the bottom of his lip.

When the topic finally changes to the newspaper, Ivar looked at the now pile of ashes swiping it roughly off the table. Then clapping the soot and dirt from his hands onto the ground behind him. "It was about a number of people today," he groaned in a state of displeasure. "A bunch of people from the party we skipped last night," Ivar admitted in a bored tone of voice.

Picking at his food with a fork for a moment. Before, casting his gaze across to the Slytherin table the same place where Persephone Gaunt had always sat alone or in the company of a Campbell sibling or the both of them. But now, it appeared that Juniper Muarry and her equally menacing friend Morrigan Quinn were hovering around the young girl.

"Persephone Gaunt, the pureblood in your year... She was thrown in the paper after the events of the train too." He sighed sadly, looking down at the food before him. Truly debating throwing the food across the room to start something enough to separate the two hovering around the current breadwinner for the Grapevine. "Apparently it's her and Blackbourne, then Anastasia and some random fifth year. Oh! Lauren and Henry made the paper too. That's what I gathered..." He said brushing his fingertips absently through his white hair.

"Are you thinking what I am though? Because... The partnership from hell is lingering around." Ivar said getting to his feet when it seemed something was getting more intense over at the Slytherin table. "You and Rus did intend to cause some chaos, how about we finish that off to help someone out?" The sixth-year proposed to his best friend.

Last edited:
1539705074377-png.168307

Interactions: Pedro (@Bubbly Potions )
Mentions: Piper (@Winterswing )

Leontios just grumbled incoherently at the memories brought up of his actions towards the head girl. He knew full well his mother, if she ever heard of this would throw a massive fit and he would have to listen through the usual lectures of how to treat a lady – a rant he had heard many times as a child when he would play fight or laugh when he saw one of his school friends trip. “It is definitely not going to be something he forgets - even if she doesn’t hold it against me…” He muttered, embarrassment still painting his tanned cheeks a light hue. He would have to find her and apologise later. Somehow.

Despite his own woes – Leontios felt a lot worse for the other Gryffindor. He had taken his words and actions a step to far. Even as someone who did not know who he spoke of personally, Leontios could assume Lauren was far from happy with Pedro. He sighed softly as he shook his head. “Give her some time then apologise. Even apologise to the idiot if you got to…I mean, Lauren is your friend, right? Prioritise man.” He suggested, taking an apple from the table and biting into it. “Henry is her friend and you like her – you don’t have to like him, but you probably got to at least be civil…” In the very least, it was what his mother always told him to try do with someone he was not fond of.

Disliking the general mood, Leontios sat himself up properly and plastered his usual, toothy grin onto his face. “Who cares about Henry, just focus on making it up to Lauren. If you two are good friends it should be okay, right?”. Headache or not, he didn’t want to keep up a conversation that was making Pedro feel worse. Noticing a girl approach their table, Leontios tilted his head and then shot Pedro a look, motioning slightly with his hand to look behind him.

efeb5e5a9337504cbfbe4dd108e0ea3c--woman-art-red-hair.jpg
Lauren Harrison
INTERACTIONS:
Avery 'Jackie' Jackson
MENTIONS:
NIL

Lauren didn't quite expect for Jackie to slip into the seat in front of her. Spooning herself a hefty amount of porridge into her mouth, she slipped a sweet closed mouth smile. Swallowing down the warm and fruity porridge the redhead pounded her chest for a moment because a bit of her food got stuck going down. But, that cleared in a few minutes with some water washing everything down a little more afterwards.

"Mornin'," she returned cheerfully with red-rimmed eyes. The food struggles were one of the normal struggles. It just came with eating too fast and the morning stresses. Having the delight of coming across the paper and the front page where she was mentioned. Oh, that left a sour taste in her mouth more than being mistaken for someone else... By Avery Jackson.

"It's fine... I don't really mind, we've all kinda had a late night." She admitted in an honest manner, before shrugging her shoulders lightly. Brushing fingers through her loose hair, she pulled it over her shoulder.

"I think they tend to match the food back at home quite well for me, but I like the boring stuff..." She blushed in a sweet manner, rubbing the back of her head in a bashfulness. "Maybe take the day slow to relax?" Laurie suggested in a gentle manner.

"Hey... You haven't read this morning's paper by chance, have you? Because, um... I need some advice from a guy." Lauren looked around in an awkward manner, sighing softly. "The paper is making out that I made Henry faint because I'm a bad kisser... You're friends with him right? Do you think that... Uh he... Didn't like it?" She said lowering her gaze to level with her fidgeting hands as her eyes began to water a little.

Last edited:

Jasper Grey

received_470429863451978.jpeg

Jasper leaned against the table closer to Ivar so he could listen to him speak over the chatter in the hall. "Can't say I'm disappointed for missing it anymore," he said smoothly, watching the ashes flutter to the ground with a displeased wrinkle of his nose. Not that he had been disappointed, he'd enjoyed hanging out with Ivar far more.

He silently pushed his plate away his hunger vanishing as they continued to speak of the paper and the Gaunt girl. "The girls got it rough," He muttered as he glanced over his shoulder, scanning the Slytherin table for the blonde. He was impressed by the fact she'd even returned, though, he supposed this would be one of the safest places to be for her. Still, the words felt like a lie, even in his head.

"Lauren and Henry? Really?" He gave Ivar a mildly amused look. "That's unexpected, then again...the paper isn't exactly predictable." He kept his attention on the two girls hovering around the hunched girl at the Slytherin table. He couldn't stand those two, they were even worse when they were together, at least alone they were somewhat bearable.

A smirk slowly curled his lip as he slid from the table to stand beside Ivar silently judging the distance between the two tables and how well his aim was. "I bet you three Sickle's, that I can hit at least one of the she-devils," He purred as he dragged a silver pot of porridge in front of him. He pulled out his wand wand and waved it at the pot, whispering a spell softly under his breath. A nice glop of wet, sticky porridge formed and lifted from the pot. "Here we go," He said cheerily, whipping his wand forward, the suspended glob of sticky breakfast soaring across the room. His aim unfortunately, was slightly off.

He still however had the satisfaction of watching it smash into the table and spraying over all three of them, hitting Juniper the most. He formed another quickly, not wanting to give them the chance to react before he could get another in. "That one didn't count," he said playfully to Ivar before letting the next one soar. This time his target was hit, right in the chest, covering all that black clothing she loved to wear. It was a shame Percy was caught in the cross fire, but at least porridge was better to deal with then two bitches.

Mentions: Ivar Ragnulf, Persephone Gaunt, Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions - Juniper Murray - Me
Interactions: Ivar Ragnulf

Last edited:

{ Henry & Rosa }
Davi’s conversation with the other two had to be cut short in just a moment’s notice. For whatever reason, the boy had to leave.

“Aw,” Henry frowned, pouting, “Okay, catch you later, man.”

Rosa observed Davi for a moment as she wondered what had happened to make him leave so quickly. Shrugging, she yawned and settled her head into the curve of her palm with a huff. Realising that the irritating Hufflepuff was still present, she shifted her gaze to him, her brow raised curiously.

“Are you seriously still here, Chen?”

Henry responded by giving himself a pinch on the arm and a slap on the face.

“Ow, just checked. Yes, I’m seriously still here,” he said, then cracked a smile as he bit into some toast. “It’s because I’m enjoying our conversation so much.”

Rosa could only stare at the other student, her lips pursed into a thin line as she wondered how stupid he actually was. Exhaustion and an evergrowing feeling of stress continued to plague her, Henry Chen being the current source of one of them. With a deep sigh, Rosa pushed herself to sit up properly, dropping her hands into her lap as she finally shifted to look at him properly.

“What is going to make you go away? Honestly, I’m very exhausted with your presence.”

“Hmmm,” Henry thought about it for a little bit, “I’m gonna go away if you eat something. How’s that?”

She was silent for a moment before tilting her head, her gaze narrowed slightly. “Why do you want me to eat something?” For a moment, Rosa questioned what he knew and it had her attempt to stall for a few moments.

“I never see you eat,” he shrugged, “I want to see your face with your mouth stuffed,” he laughed just then at the thought.

Her apathy was replaced quickly by irritation, her lips twisting into a frown as she glared at him. She worked hard - as hard as she ever had the energy to anyway, to make sure her habits were secret. “I eat,” She hissed, clearly growing more annoyed with each word. “Why in hell is this any of your business, Chen?”

If she was irritated before, it was nothing compared to now.

Henry raised his brows in surprise. “Okay! Jeez, calm down,” he said, putting his palms up in a defensive manner, "You asked me what it would take to get me to leave, and I answered. I just thought it would be funny, that’s all.

“If you really want me to go, I will.” His tone was well-meaning and diffusive as he began to get up from his seat. Rosa was a landmine sometimes. He would be lying if he said it didn’t scare him.

Rosa settled slightly, anger draining from her as she sighed tiredly. Realising her snap of control her expression settled, arms dropping tiredly onto the table. “I apologise…That was rather rude of me.” She muttered, fears arose that her habits would come out and used against her had her worried, “Just…Don’t say anything. Please.”

Henry didn’t expect Rosa to back away so easily. More to the point, she had never apologized to him in this way before. Normally, she would have let him leave and probably even be glad for it. Something was different this time.

But he decided he wouldn’t pry. For now.

“It’s okay,” he said, giving her another small smile, “I won’t say anything. See ya!”

With that, he turned on his heel and left, mind burning with a thousand questions.

Rosa watched the Hufflepuff leave, her teeth furiously biting into her lower lip as she dropped her head onto her arms. Already, so early into the year, she was stuck in a situation she preferred not to be - a student, an idiotic one at that, knowing one of her secrets. She could only imagine hundreds of scenarios how this could go with each one only adding to the next. Slowly, the Slytherin dragged herself to stand, plucking an orange from her plate as she headed out of the hall, no longer able to simply sit around so many people.

Collaborated with @Sanguine Fox
Mentions: @Vio

Last edited:

{ Rory & Cyrus }
“I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that,” Rory remarked with an affable smile, though his tone hinted at the annoyance he felt regarding the insult. Was this girl daft? He had her entire future right at his fingertips, and yet here she was, as ill-tempered and disrespectful as ever.

Before he could react any further, the girl pivoted on her heel and scurried away like a frightened little animal. She had almost gotten away, too. After all, Rory was not a man of quick reflexes, and any strenuous physical activity was sure to knock him out of his breath. And yet, somehow, despite the girl having just transfigured into a mouse, he managed to catch her by the tail just as she escaped from the narrow corner in which she had been hiding.

“Got you,” Rory let out a big breath as he raised the wiggling little mouse to eyelevel. What did Cyrus think she would accomplish by escaping? He’d have managed to find her eventually. “You really should use your brain for once, little mouse. Think about what you’re going to say next time, because remember, piss me off again and I’ll send you right to where you belong. Azkaban.”

He let her stay suspended between his fingertips for a moment before turning to a secluded hallway.

“This is what you’re going to do. You’re going to work for me now,” He continued in a hushed voice, taking the opportunity to say what he wanted to while Cyrus didn’t have the capability to speak back. “You’ll do everything I say. Spy on anyone I tell you to. And you’re not allowed to tell anyone you’re working for me, including your brother. That’s our little secret, you and I.”

He set her down on the ground at this point.

“Talk back to me again, or do anything that displeases me, and I won’t hesitate to send you off to the dementors. Mark my words.”

Cyrus stared with a pair of beaty browns, waiting for Rory to explain everything. Her normally fiery demeanour had crumbled into something completely different from her usual. The hammering of her tiny heart in her mousy form caused the girl to stir and slump against the cobblestone floor. Cold seeped into her brown fur, as she laid there shivering, thinking over the threats and blackmail. This wasn’t a time to be rash or violent, Rory Thomson meant every damned word.

When she finally calmed to an extent, Cyrus decided to shift back to her normal appearance. It was no longer a frightened little mouse staring at him but the normally boisterous and out-spoken Gryffindor.

“Promise not to bring my brother into this… Then you’ll have my word.” The girl spoke in an uncommon tone of defeat, staring up at the once weak and little nerd she used to somewhat admire for his talent and creativity.

“You’re not exactly in the position to bargain, Cyrus,” Rory said, the smile on his face now gone and replaced by a rare solemnity that he reserved for such occasions. He was not feeling particularly generous towards the girl who had so often bullied him during his childhood and even dared to hit him just the previous night. But he was already growing tired of her presence, and it was simply easier to lull her into a false sense of security just so he could have her full cooperation for the time being.

“But I’ll do you a kindness,” he continued. “Your brother has no use for me right now, so he doesn’t have to be involved. For as long as you don’t tell him anything.”

“I won’t tell him anything,” Cyrus promised in a newly found seriousness and desperation that her brother came out of unscathed. “You have my word, and I will swear a vow to keep him safe.” She knew the context of what vow she’d make, and the punishment on both sides would be death if one or the other didn’t follow their vows. “A unbreakable vow,” she concluded aloud pressing her head against the stone wall. Her eyes spoke a level of urgency more than any words she could speak.

This girl was smarter than Rory thought.

“And what if I don’t want to make an unbreakable vow? What then?” He pushed on, voice growing more forceful with each word. “I could just tell everyone your secret. Right now.”

“You wouldn’t get the gossip you want if you did that. Don’t play me a fool,” Rus returned a gruffer tone, but never rose her voice. Her eyes holding a sense of wit and determination. “There’s no further gain with sending me to Azkaban… It would be a best seller then slowly fade into the shadows,” the Australian cocked a shrug pushing herself up by the wall.

In his own screwed up way, Rory began to actually have some respect for the girl. He had expected her to put up yet another fight, or otherwise just succumb to his threats. But somehow, she had managed to do neither of those.

“Fine, you have convinced me. As long as the unbreakable vow only concerns your brother and nothing else. Your secret is in my hands alone, to use as I please," he said, attention now drawn back to the main hallway. This was not an appropriate place to do such a thing. “Meet me at the owlery tonight after curfew.”

At those words, he turned and left, leaving Cyrus to her thoughts.

A curt nod was all the girl gave in response, not even daring to watch him leave.

Collaborated with @Bubbly Potions

Last edited:

Ivar Ragnulf

bdbddd987c5f123c89a6f941b9e67293.jpg
Ivar couldn’t agree more with Jasper’s point about Persephone Gaunt. All the stories about how her family was killed and tortured left a feeling of discomfort stirring in his stomach. The discomfort seemed to heighten with the presence of the She-Bitches or She-Devils as Jasper called them.

“I reckon, apparently Lauren made Henry pass out by kissing him?” The Swed commented in a less-than-interested tone of voice. His eyes narrowed on both the ‘villains’ at the Slytherin table.

“I’d double that bet, since it’s going to a worthy course.” the sixth year said, ruffling the back of his head. Shoving his right hand through his tight jeans, looking for six Sickles instead. Truth be told, he didn’t want to make a bet–He wanted the girl’s torment to end. Ivar didn’t even know what to imagine when it came down to how she was feeling.

It was the right thing to do… End her suffering.

Jasper’s first hit was a little on the rusty side, mostly sweeping past Morrigan Quinn and hitting Juniper Murray in its stead. The second time was much more forgiving, and satisfying the Swedish student more than he would gladly admit. It was apparent that Morrigan was completely absorbed in her torment and bullying to notice the forthcoming attack from the eldest Grey sibling.

Ivar jumped to his feet watching the menacing girl’s reaction, her pale skin now reddened with blood and boiling with anger. He drew his wand and held it at the ready, preparing mentally to use whatever spell to protect his friend. “Back off Quinn. You too, Murray… Leave her alone, doesn’t she have enough goin’ on?” Ivar yelled across the Great Hall. It was a very rare sight to see him raise his voice towards anyone, but the injustice toward Percy really ticked him off.

Last edited:

{ Sanguine & Oliver }

Oliver couldn’t help but grin at Sanguine’s next words. Leaning towards her, he gave her shoulder a little nudge.

“Are you… blushing?” He gave an exaggerated gasp, poking at the cheek of his tomato-head, red-as-a-beet childhood friend. “You’re as red as your house, Sang! Don’t tell me you’re falling in love with me,”

Even as he said those words, no matter how much of it was done in a joking manner, he couldn’t help but feel some slight embarrassment himself. He turned away and let some of his hair shade his face, afraid that his real thoughts would betray him.

Sanguine’s blush only grew darker as she stared at her raven-haired friend, wide-eyed. Each teasing word stunned her for an extra moment, her embarrassment rising in turn. Taking in a sharp breath, Sanguine reached out and punched the other’s shoulder. Hard. To which Oliver responded with a yelp. Sanguine hated her blush - she blushed so easily. Gritting her teeth, Sanguine glared lightly at Oliver.

“Do you want to get punched again, Ollie dearest?”
She hissed, though her blush remained bright and present. The question he posed swam in her thoughts for a moment before she pushed her feelings for the other to one side. “Cause you are seriously about to!”

Oliver noticed she hadn’t answered his question, but he simply pouted at her like a child deprived of his favorite toy. He definitely didn’t want another punch, but it was hard to resist teasing her whenever she acted like the way she had. It was so out-of-character.

“Fine,” he gave a resigned sigh and turned away, eyes looking like they were on the verge of tears.

“Are you seriously going to cry?”

Oliver simply sniffled, “No…”

She narrowed her gaze on him before shaking her head, a tired sigh tumbling from her lips. “Don’t you dare cry you over-grown baby”

“I’M NOT CRYING!” He practically yelled, before dashing off. Just before he disappeared into a corner, however, he made sure to look back and remind his friend, “Don’t forget to apologize to Joan!”

At this point, his face seemed to be devoid of any sadness he had exhibited earlier. In fact, a wide, mischievous smile had spread across his face.

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO-” Sanguine watched her friend dash off, something that had her gritting her teeth. However, it wasn’t until he paused to look back with a grin that she exploded - the mention of Joan didn’t help either. With an almost snarl parting from her lips she bolted after her friend.

“GET BACK HERE OLLIE, YOU CRY-BABY.”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH,”
He screamed, using every bit of willpower to get further ahead of his pursuer. Everyone was looking at them now for all the noise they were creating. “NOOO THHAAAANKKSSSS”

And so the chase ensued, the screams and laughter of the two vampires echoing against the castle walls.

Collaborated with @Adrian

❧ Morrigan & Persephone ☙

Persephone felt all alone, she didn't have anything to fall back on anymore. Not even the memories of home helped, with the likes of Morrigan Quinn and Juniper Murray. Their presence always came with tormenting gibs and actions. A cold sweat beaded at her brow. She thought about the Murray's assumption in regards to Alistair Blackbourne leaving after everything.The accuracy made her heart ache, she never pictured that was how her first time would end--But it wasn't something she could change now.

A stubborn tear protruded from her tear duct, and smeared down her pale cheek. "I didn't ever throw myself at him. Not that I should be explaining myself to the likes of you or Quinn." Gaunt spoke defensively, not scared to bare and spit venomous words towards the Ravenclaw. It did make the grip on her shoulder dig deeper. The pang of sharp pain was felt deep in her bruised collarbone.

Morrigan knew her temper got the better of her when Gaunt decided to stand up for herself. The girl surprisingly had a will to stand up for herself when tested. "It appears you were right about what Blackbourne did," she responded in a cruel tone keeping her prey grounded in the bench seat. Her nails now coated in a layer of blood, since she had fastened her grip quite a few times when Percy got a little too headstrong for her liking. Morrigan wasn't afraid to admit she preferred the normally meek Persephone because she was easier to use and abuse.

This newer and more rigid stance was more frustrating.

Although she wanted to push Persephone back into the crumbling mess--which Mor thought she should be after everything and being left with nothing... A unexpected interruption came in the form of a huge pile of porridge dropping over Junpier for the most part. The look of utter disgust graced the fellow Pureblood's face and before she could see who disposed of the sticky oat porridge over her counterpart, she herself was covered in it too. Leaving Persephone Gaunt for the most part untouched, though a big blob did happen to stain the girl's almost white blonder hair.

Standing in a state of shock, the darkly dressed girl seemed to be caked in something consistently made of baby vomit. A gross reminder of when her siblings were infants and often discarded the contents of their stomach in her hair. Morrigan Quinn was left in a state of red-faced anger and her target was whoever sent that reminder via the half cold and sticky porridge.

Now was the only perfect time Percy saw for a chance to get away safely. The girl stood up in a hurry, and made sure to aim her head into Morrigan's chin. She knew that the more dominating character wouldn't believe someone so submissive as Percy would do such a thing, but it definitely led to an added surprise. She left both her bullies in the dust after picking up her Snakewood wand and making a dash for the doors.

Her curious gaze fell on Alistair for a mere moment before she exited. The mere sight of him made a sense of discomfort stir in Persephone now. It wasn't a feeling she wished for but things just seemed to be that way. There wasn't any resolution in sight for them. There was no warmth behind her eyes for him any longer, only coldness still and unmoving emotions.

A coldness settled over the girl, turning on her heels looking back towards the angered Quinn. Raising her wand, she noticed the sadistic glint in the tormenting character and her wand drawn. "Expelliarmus!" Persephone yelled towards Morrigan Quinn sending the other girl's wand across the room much to the surprise of on lookers. It was then that she tucked her wand away and walked out of the room, swiping a harsh gaze to others who looked at her judgmentally.

That should by some time for Ragnulf and Grey, Persephone thought knowing full well who had the balls to pull a move like that.

Morrigan stood with her hand firmly clenched after being disarmed, her gaze flickering towards Persephone who stood strong by the door. Something had changed in that weak and miserable mistake of a Slytherin and it was something that began to pique her interest. Indeed, she wondered if Juniper had also seen it and wondered if they should just withdraw for now... Their true target after all had shown a fire within. It could very well pull the fellow Heir to Slytherin towards the Dark Lord's vision.

"Juniper, I believe we're done here." Morrigan said in a stern voice looking back to her lover wondering if she saw the same in Persephone Gaunt. A promise for darkness or a mind that could now be swayed that way. Her plans to attack Jasper Grey and Ivar Ragnulf failed but she still gained something more from that encounter.

Written by Bubbly Potions (Me)

x
Juniper Murray

Mentions: Persephone Gaunt, Morrigan Quinn, Ivar Ragnulf @Bubbly Potions - Jasper Grey - Me
Interactions: Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions
Juniper didn't make a sound as wet, sticky porridge splattered across her front and onto her glasses. Very slowly, her attention sliding away from Gaunt for just a moment, to land on the culprit; one of those good for nothing Grey twins. Jasper, she recalled with a wave of distaste. Both the Australians were a waste of talent and magic, wasting there time on pointless pranks that simply got on everyone's nerves.

She slid her cold gaze to the pale one beside Grey, someone from Ravenclaw also, a younger student...of no importance to her, simply an inconvenience. When she brought her attention back to Morrigan and Persephone, only to find the girl jumping to her feet and hitting Morrigan in the process. Seeing her fight back was an unexpected surprise, though not a bad one. Juniper made no move to stop the girl, far to intrigued by her little display and just how she could twist this to their advantage, how the Gaunt girl could be shaped into the perfect follower of the Dark Lord.

"How interesting..." She murmured as she slid from her place at the table. She slid a glance down to her filthy clothes before sliding off her glasses and cleaning them on the inside of her shirt. "You're quite right," She responded simply as she drew her wand. "Accio wand," She murmured absently, Morrigan's wand flew into her waiting hand. She tucked her own wand back into its holder against her hip. Her thought's returned to Persephone Gaunt and the sudden change in her. She moved away and made her way out of the Great Hall with Morrigan.

Original By:@Spectre of the Fade
Edited by: Bubbly Potions

Last edited:

Jasper Grey

received_470429863451978.jpeg
Jasper tightened his fist around his wand as he met Juniper's cool gaze, fully prepared to defend himself and his friend. However, the Ravenclaw girl simply looked away from them almost as if in dismissal, which was a surprise, one he wasn't to sure he liked. Sometimes he felt like he preferred Morrigan to her little friend at least her intentions had been clear before Percy dealt with that, Juniper was far harder to read.

That didn't matter however, what mattered was that there little plan had been a success and the Gaunt girl had gotten away, with an impressive little display of her own. He hadn't thought she had it in her to be honest, it was nice to see there was some fight left at least, she probably hadn't even needed their help. "Well... My morning dose of ciaos has been for-filled," He said lightly. "Keep your coin, it's your shout next time we go to The Three Broomsticks for drinks, " He said playfully, with a brief smile before sitting himself back down.

"Now as much as i love walking a dangerous line, i suggest giving those two a change to..." He waved a hand towards the Hall entrance. "Do whatever evil bitches do to cool off." He smiled lightly at his friend as he tucked his wand back into his pocket and dragged a hand through his dark hair.

Mentions: Ivar Ragnulf - Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions - Juniper Murray - Me
Interactions: Ivar Ragnulf @Bubbly Potions

Last edited:

ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE

In his anger, Alistair refused to have any sympathy for the girl weeping before him. Echo had humiliated him. Treated him like he was just another one of her boytoys. More and more, he grew exasperated with each word that came out of her mouth. How much longer did he have to stand here and listen to all this? He could just leave now.

"I have been falling in love with you since the third year, that doesn't matter in the end because I ask too many questions."

Alistair felt as though he had frozen solid at that moment. Had he heard right? Suddenly, he found himself confused. Conflicted. Part of him remained annoyed, stubbornly refusing to stand down and give up the fight. Another part of him wanted Echo to stay put and explain exactly what she meant.

Was this another one of her silly mind games? A ploy to marry into his family name, even though she clearly had her eyes set on other men?

It probably was.

"'Everything respectable'" he echoed her words, "Don't pretend you're innocent in all this."

He made for the doors just then, a storm of emotions brewing inside of him. In his mind, he thought of what he would write to his grandfather once he reached the owlery. It was time to end it, and end it he would.

- Interactions:
Echo Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose

Colour Tag: #339966

Font 1
Font 2
Chapter III. A Day in Detention
It didn't take long until word about the party reached the professors. And why wouldn't it when the newspaper club conveniently forgot to place a concealment charm on their gossip articles?

Since there was no way to determine who had attended the party and who hadn't, and taking into consideration the cursed invitation letter, the professors agreed that all students would have to serve detention by default. It was by no means a fair decision, but one they felt like they had to make.

After some deliberation, it was decided that the students would be spending the entire Sunday cleaning the castle... without magic. All wands would be confiscated starting Saturday evening up until Sunday evening. This means all labor would be manual. Whether the punishment would teach the students their lesson, however, is another matter entirely.

Sunday, September 7, 1975
Starting Point: 8:30 AM (After Breakfast)

A listing of detention duties and groups has been put up in each of the four common rooms. And one thing about it is for sure: it seems too great of a coincidence how almost every group has some conflict going for them. It reads as follows:

GROUP 1: LAVATORIES
Duties: Cleaning
  • Wallace Campbell
  • Persephone Gaunt
  • Juniper Murray
  • Rory Thomson
  • Echo Sayre

GROUP 2: QUIDDITCH PITCH
Duties: Cleaning and broomstick maintenance
  • Davi Cardoza
  • Henry Chen
  • Pedro Giovanni
  • Avery Jackson
  • Rosa Valentine

GROUP 3: KITCHEN
Duties: Lunch preparations and cleaning
  • Leontios Castellanos
  • Anastasia Fitzgerald
  • Deborah Johnson
  • Piper Ryeland
  • Tasha Wolfe

GROUP 4: OWLERY
  • Sanguine Faust
  • Cyrus Grey
  • Jasper Grey
  • Joan Lambert
  • Ivar Ragnulf

GROUP 5: HALLWAYS
  • Alistair Blackbourne
  • Lauren Harrison
  • Delynn Von Kronig
  • Ren Pearce
  • Oliver Whitefang

GROUP 6: GREENHOUSE
Duties: Repotting mandrakes
  • Effie Campbell
  • Elise Campbell
  • Ash Caster
  • Kaden Green
  • Elizabeth Hawthorn
  • Morrigan Quinn

Last edited:
759ea16371a874549390735fd51c5012.png

Interactions: None
Mentions: Effie (@Vio ) , Kaden (@Vinn ), Morrigan (@Bubbly Potions )

Elise had planned her morning thoroughly the day before. From when she got up to what she would wear. A sense of satisfaction in her routine significantly brightened up her mood, painting her expression with a fond smile when she woke up. Detention or not, she took happiness in her planning. She knew full well that deep down she was terrified. Not once had she received detention and it wasn't something she ever planned to either! Even worse, she was prefect and innocent students were also getting punished for a crime they didn't commit. Unfortunetely, Elise was unable to say anything to defend the innocent students.

Dressing herself in a dark purple jumper, grey plaid skirt and black low heel ankle boots, Elise bolted from her room. Luckily, her clothes were some of her older items and it didn't bother her to much if she dirtied them repotting mandrakes. Elise hurried from her dorm room, her hair gathered in her hands as she twisted it into a high ponytail. She was quick into the Hall, grabbing herself a few pieces of toast to nibble on before bolting back out. The toast warmed her hands and filled her stomach as she headed to the greenhouse, only pausing for brief conversations with the occasional Ravenclaw student.

It didn't take her long to get there or to finish her small breakfast. Stepping inside, Elise peered inside. No one else seemed to be present yet, something that had Elise sighing in relief. She only knew her dear cousin Effie, the other two were not people who she had interacted with before. Elise had heard of them from others - especially Morrigan, but she tried to keep herself unbiased. Reaching up, Elise stretched her arms above her head with a small yawn. Now, Elise just had to wait for the other three students to turn up so they could divide the work and get it started.

Last edited: