2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
1975. A time of struggle for muggles and wizards alike. While the cold war is at its height, the wizarding world is faced with a war of its own. The Daily Prophet has reported nothing but bad news as of late. There have been disappearances, murders, dark marks in the sky, and sightings of strange men in masks. Whispers say this is all the work of the Dark Lord, an enemy so formidable no one dares to speak his name.

A dark cloud hangs over Hogwarts, for even its peace has been disturbed. The promise of a new academic year and its would-be adventures are instead shrouded in unspeakable fear. There are those who come to Hogwarts with dark intentions and even darker magic. No one knows who they are. They stay in the shadows, bearing the faces of old friends or foes, whispering, scheming...

In this age of growing racial prejudice, the well-being of half-breeds and muggle borns hang in the balance.

Hogwarts is no longer safe.
Current Chapter 6: A Solemn Supper

Date: Wednesday, October 8 1975
Time: 6pm
Event: Feast at the Great Hall
Weather: Cloudy

Hogwarts opens its great doors once more, though the students that choose to remain are anything but great in number. If, at the beginning of the school year, the halls were flooded with streams of black robes, it is now reduced to a trickle. And what would customarily be an exited hubbub is now uncomfortably quiet, occasionally permeated by whispers of uncertainty and fear.

Something about Hogwarts has changed. Something more than the Chamber of Secrets being opened then closed once again. Something more than the appointment of the new Headmaster Demetrius Creed, whose very existence seems to be shrouded in mystery. Hogwarts itself seems foreboding somehow. Like some dark and evil spirit has possessed its very walls. For the castle towers now stood frowning upon the encroaching students like it loathes for them to come back. There will be no warm welcome, no semblance of a joyous celebration to be had. There is only the beginnings of an omen.

But even in the darkness, there is hope. The two students who fell victim to the Basilisk are now cured and well, even if the trauma remains with them and will haunt their dreams for some time.

Today, they will be rejoining their classmates who, upon their arrival, are immediately ushered into the Great Hall for supper. There, half the former staff awaits them upon their usual seats at the great table, whilst the other half seems to have been replaced by unknown and unwelcoming new faces. The usual seat of the Headmaster is curiously empty.
Write-up by Adrian   |   Coding by Adrian   |   © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / EXT / OOC
0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /

Last edited:
Pedro Rowan Govanni
Fifth Year, Gryffindor

Interactions:
Morrigan Quinn - (Me), Lauren Harrison - (Me), Joan Lambert - @Adrian & Henry Chen - @Adrian
Mentions:
Lauren Harrison - (Me), Rory Thomson - @ Adrian , Morrigan Quinn - (Me) , Henry Chen - @Adrian & Joan Lambert - @Adrian

Joan's strike caught Pedro completely off guard, he always knew her to be hot-headed and quick to start fights— he just never expected to fall victim of one a thrown punch from her. His ear began to ring painfully with discomfort and jaw ached from the powerful hit. This girl can punch, he thought miserably when he hit the hard cobblestone floor. Laying there stunned holding his face Pedro's gaze held a burning fire like he wished to make her pay— this was a fight between him and the fucking competition not a random friend... the boy continued to think when he looked at the chinky eyed badger.

He didn't quite understand what he did wrong— Pedro had done exactly what Rory had adviced him to do. Stubbornly the boy refused to believe he was wrong— until he saw the state it had left Lauren in. Before he dared to even reach out and attempt to comfort her the protective companion who's approach dripped with powerful disdain— something he didn't expect at all from a Hufflepuff. Dropping his gaze to the ground for a moment and clenching his fists he thought of how he could possibly make this better. It didn't make any sense to him— even his late grandfather had the theory of if you liked a girl you showed it through teasing and picking on her...

The next thing he knew was that something sharp stabbed into his side and lead him to cry out in a bitter agony. There was a certain weight to whatever it was so it felt like a heel of someone's show or something of similar shape. Finally, the figure spoke up and it seemed to take forever for her to do that. Morrigan Quinn, that bitch was standing on him. For a moment he considered protesting his place at the party, though the sobs that came from Lauren made a twisting feeling in his gut and he didn't like that. It was the feeling of guilt reminding him of something he'd done wrong.

Two lackies came soon after to take him away, and he took one more look of Lauren admiring her beautiful appearance. She had really put an effort in for this guy, and it was depressing to know. Even more so— to see what she bit before the doors of the Room of Requirement closed on him and left him outside. It left him almost heartbroken— like someone had pulled out his beating heart and squeezed the life out of it. With that, he called it quits for the night.

Last edited:

Rory Thomson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
This was too easy.

Rory gave out an incredulous chuckle as he watched Pedro march over to what was clearly a trap. How anyone could be so gullible was beyond him. Poor lad, all brawns and no brain to speak of. The only thing he was good for was muscle, which was really the only reason why Rory let him hang around with the Newspaper club. Sometimes, he could be a good source of entertainment too, like tonight.

But his amusement was short-lived. Morrigan now stood next to him, telling him what he already knew. It took all of his willpower not to roll his eyes as he regarded her for the first time that night. Purebloods. They all think the world revolves around them.

“Mm, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Rory shrugged and feigned an innocent look, giving her a restrained smile. Despite everything, he still had to act like he was on good terms with this girl. If it weren’t for her, none of this would have been possible. The Newspaper Club alone wouldn’t have been able to scrape together enough money to fund a large-scale event such as this, nor would they have the connections to find the… creative resources they needed for that night.

“Do as you wish, but you might want to look after the dog first. He’s behaving badly tonight.” He looked at Pedro pointedly and gave Morrigan a cheeky wink.

Something scuttled between his feet, almost toppling him over. Rory looked down just in time to see a mouse dash away, a black cat right at its tail. He had no choice but to follow them after Morrigan had asked it of him. A connection like that was something he could not afford to lose, as much as he disliked the girl and her cat.

Luckily, the chase was rather abrupt, and before he knew it, he had managed to corner the pests. Except now, to his surprise, the mouse was no longer a mouse… but a face so scandalously familiar.

“Well, well, well,” Rory managed to say after a moment or two of shocked silence. The corners of his mouth twitched into an impish smile. “I guess the cat’s out of the bag. Or, should I say, the mouse is?”

He paused, relaxing against the wall as he regarded Cyrus solemnly. She could be useful, but a girl like her wouldn’t work for him willingly. No, he had to resort to other means.

“And on our last year too. What a scandal. I never thought you, of all people, would end up in Azkaban. What a shame.”

@Bubbly Potions

Last edited:

Joan Lambert
SEVENTH YEAR GRYFFINDOR
With a hiss, Joan cradled her hand with the other. It throbbed slightly with pain, but it didn’t ease her anger in the slightest. What Pedro said had really set her off. Even after he was already on the ground and hurting, Joan still wanted to beat the shit out of him. Asshole.

The anger was enough to blind her, and if it hadn’t been for Henry’s calm hand on her shoulder, the fight would have likely continued. Morrigan sweeping in and interfering didn’t help.

“Excuse me, kangaroo-loving what?” Joan stared at Morrigan, confused, as if the girl had just sprouted three heads. Before she could get an answer, however, Echo dragged her away from the group, only to take her to a secluded area in the room and bombard her with questions.

“Come on,” Joan snorted, shrugging like it was no big deal, “Everyone knows I’m a fucking landmine.” She punched the wall just then—a light punch that she normally did when frustrated. Bad habit. Joan yelped in pain, twitching. Finally, she sighed and said, “Look, he called Henry chinky eyes, alright? Of course that’s gonna set me off.”

With her left hand, she took out her wand and tried to point it at her bruised hand, but she was shaking too much. Closing her eyes, as if dreading the next words that were about to come out of her mouth, she continued, “Can you maybe help me out here? This thing hurts like a bitch.”

@Bubbly Potions
@Princess Poisoned Rose

Theme Song: Fuck the People - The Kills
Art:
vurdeM on DeviantArt

Last edited:

Deborah Johnson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
Debbie quirked an eyebrow at Piper, an amused smile working its way onto her lips. “Sure,” she said, doubt ringing clear in her high pitched voice. The toad had just managed to seize a buzzing fly with its long, narrow tongue. It gulped. “It’s… cute, alright.”

The two had known each other for several years now, but Debbie still couldn’t wrap her head around Piper’s deep fascination for magical creatures. Still, they got along somehow. It might be because Piper was the only one with any real patience to deal with her. That, or the fact that Debbie could be pretty resourceful sometimes—a useful companion for someone who had a bad habit of smuggling prohibited animals into school.

Sitting down next to Piper, Debbie noticed that there were already several drinks on the table. Either Piper had been drinking before she got here, or others had left it behind. It made her uncomfortable. Looking around, Debbie could just barely make out the familiar form of Annie with the Gryffindor guy in tow. What was she up to? Wasn’t she supposed to be Head Girl now? Why wasn’t she doing anything?

Envy made her head spin for a moment, but she stopped herself. No, Annie was her friend. The best she could do was be proud for her.

She gave Piper a smile, “You sure look happy. It’s almost suspicious. Did you get yourself into trouble?” Debbie teased, giving the girl a playful punch on the arm.

@Winterswing
@Bubbly Potions

Theme Song: Again and Again - Holly Brook
Art: Batcii

759ea16371a874549390735fd51c5012.png

Interactions: Persephone Gaunt (@Bubbly Potions )
Mentions: Alistair Blackbourne (@Adrian ), Wallace & Effie Campbell (@Vio )

Elise felt the corner of her lips widen as a tired, far off gaze studied the Slytherin girl carefully. It took a moment for her muddle mind to respond and she nodded softly, still lulled back happily into the cushions of the sofa. “That is me. Nice to meet you!” She cooed, her words drawn out lowly from her lips though she seemed excited despite her volume. Elise was unsure why she felt this way – her mind seemed to stray between everything and anything, which was normal for her sometimes, but it was growing increasingly sluggish and her body seemed to grow tired with each passing moment. The headache didn’t help either.

When the topic of the brownies came up, Elise perked up considerably but only enough to adjust her posture on the seat as she agreed with the Gaunt witch. “These brownies are delicious! I had one and just couldn’t stop – I mean normally I have so more control than this, but they are spectacular and just as addictive! Plus, this is a party right!” She explained as if to justify her overindulgence. “I ended up piling up a plate and sitting alone- “Elise added before setting the plate on her lap as her arm grew tired. “So, thank you for changing it as well.”

The smile on Persephone’s face seemed to soften her own – despite the haze that settled over her mind, Elise was glad the girl could still smile after the events of the train and the article that followed. Despite having not met before, Elise had certainly seen and heard of Persephone and she wished the problems she faced upon no one. Her own gaze followed Persephone’s to Alistair after a few moments and she let her head lull to one side, her cheek resting against one of the larger propped up pillows as she hummed softly in acknowledgement. “Ali is a wonderful person.”. A tired yawn seemed to tumble from her lips as she continued “Effie, Wallace and I, we’ve known him for a looooooooooooong time.” The dragging out of her vowels was followed but the golden brown-haired witch erupted into a fit of giggles as she blinked owlishly, turning her attention back to Persephone. “He used to let me test hair styles on him, you know? I have a photo album from when we were kids and there are ones with flowers in his hair! He looked so pretty!” Elise cooed, unable to stop the continued giggles that disrupted her speech. ” I will have to show you next time!”

Only when she calmed down enough to speak again did she smile brightly and take in a deep breath. “You are amazi, Persephone. You should smile more, it’s nice!” She compliment, noticing the girls mood as she slowly began fumbling in her spot to sit up properly, setting the plate on the nearby table when it nearly fell from her lap. “If you want, you can always talk to me –“Elise cut herself off when she popped another brownie into her mouth, humming in delight. “Take as many as you want! These are so amazing…”

Last edited:
Cormorant Garamond
IM Fell English SC
UnifrakturMaguntia

Oliver Whitefang
raw - jim williams​
There was nothing like a vampire’s thirst.

He shifted in his seat, hand slightly shaking as he brought the glass of Merlot to his lips. Even something as innocuous as the deep crimson color of wine reminded him of blood. Thirst burned in his throat. Hunger rumbled inside of him. The one person he needed right now was nowhere in sight, but maybe he just wasn’t looking hard enough. Hopping off his stool, he resumed his search. Morrigan had to be around here somewhere.

With the glass of Merlot wedged daintily between his fingers, he maneuvered his way around the busy crowd, eyes darting this way and that for any sign of the raven-haired woman. It took some effort to keep himself calm: steady breaths, and a sheer amount of focus to keep his eyes looking normal. If he let himself get distracted for just one moment, it would blow his cover. That was the last thing he needed in a place packed with people.

Finally, he found her by the bar, wrestling with a black cat in an effort to calm it down. With a calculated smile that tried its best to seem endearing, he sat onto the stool next to the girl.

“That scar is new,” he said as he took another sip of his wine, “But if you ask me, it just adds more to your charm. Makes you seem mysterious. I like it,” He gave her a wink, then leaned closer. “Actually, I have a favor to ask of you tonight.” He let his gaze on her neck speak of his intentions for him.

@Bubbly Potions

efeb5e5a9337504cbfbe4dd108e0ea3c--woman-art-red-hair.jpg
Lauren Harrison
INTERACTIONS:
Henry Chen
MENTIONS:
Henry Chen - @Adan, Pedro Govanni - Me & Joan Lambert - @Adrian

Her mind was to catch up to understand everything that was happening— Joan hitting Pedro. Yet, Henry's clear and angry works made Lauren snap back into reality. Weeping eyes of beautiful blue stared up at his deep-set brown eyes. "I-I-I'm not hurt, no..." She stuttered stubbornly trying to wipe away the rest of her tears. Her heart was aflutter noticing his concern for her in that present moment, nothing she'd ever expect fully from him— she would have never expected the anger either.

A shaky hand reached up and touched his right hand on her shoulder. A tender squeeze of his hand bought the Muggleborn such relief to know that it was really him there and not a moment of her imagination getting the best of her. Yes, Lauren has imagined a number of times in the past that her charming prince, Henry Chen would save the day. "Thank you for standing up for me, Henry," she spoke in a soft tone looking up at him before letting go of his hand and reaching for his tie.

Delicately as she could— Lauren gave a little tug at the fabric of his tie. She pulled Henry's lips against her's innocently. It was a breathtakingly sweet moment, and something the girl had been dreaming about for God knows how long.

At the parting of the kiss, Lauren didn't quite know what to expect, or how Henry would react to it. The normally bubbly Hufflepuff was in a deep hue of blush for what she just did in a moment of heat, emotions and intoxication. She didn't mean to make him uncomfortable or hate it— if she did.

Last edited:
1539523596655.png

Interactions: Joan Lambert (@Adrian )
Mentions: Echo (@Princess Poisoned Rose ) & Rory (@Adrian )

Sanguine was not happy. In fact, she was barely keeping a grip over the rage that seemed to shift her forest green eyes to a bloody red for a few seconds. Her control was surely tested as she grit her teeth, the pressure on her jaw began to give way to a dull, throbbing pain that kept her from losing any lingering remains of her composure. It kept her focused. It was easy to get lost in anger, but it was not a option she had – the red eyes alone would give her away and unbury a secret her and the others protected to protect themselves. Though, that didn’t mean she couldn’t let her anger teeter on the borders of her control.

What she did next was a prime example of that.

The door to the party was thrown open with unnecessary force as Sanguine let her livid green gaze linger one by one over the partygoers that were so ensnared by the music, snacks and drinks that her entrance was only noticed by the less intoxicated few. The stares quickly got to the enraged half vampire who felt her lips pull back in a vicious snarl that quickly had the younger students glancing away in fear at her venomously spat curse of “Fuck off.”. She was in no mood for most of those in the room – no, she was searching for the ginger haired nerd who was the only culprit that came to mind for this type of event.

However, that was not what caught her interest. Though she spotted the glasses wearing devil she despised so much, Sanguine found her snarling visage settling upon some already transpiring drama and someone who irritated her greatly. It was a compulsion, if Sanguine had to describe it, that led her towards a familiar but largely irritating face of Joan. It seemed that her rage, that often conflicted with the other Gryffindor could not simply ignore the other's presence without some type of mocking. Having witnessed the fight and the undeniable weakness in the witch who cradled her hand carefully, Sanguine only felt a wave of irritation and amusement…Which, as per usual she was unable to ignore.

Striding up to the dark haired shorter witch, Sanguine gave a softer glance at her companion before she felt a smirk cross her lips, an amused look being directed at the injured Joan. Though the difference in height was minimal, Sanguine subconsciously used it to look down upon the other. “How pathetic, Lambert! Has one measly punch hurt you that bad? Should I drag your sorry ass to the medical room?” She cooed tauntingly as she shifted her weight to her left, boot clad foot while her hand settled upon the curve of her waist. Sanguine was not foolish as she knew her words would most likely lead herself and the other into a fight but right now – Sanguine needed to blow off some stream before she lost all control and Joan had, without reason, garnered the attention of her current anger.

Last edited:

Morrigan Quinn

All alone she sat with her fighting little black cat Salem, hoping not to be seen or cause a stir in her emotions. Jealously eat ate her like a festering wound— she wanted the freedom that muggleborn girl had to express her feelings towards another, but Morrigan Quinn wasn't half as lucky, her love and emotions in both Muggle and Magic society were taboo and unspeakable. Letting go of the black cat after going tired of its thrashing and fighting the benefactor of the Newspaper Club sighed bitterly.

Only one dared— and could distract her in a time like this. Looking up Morrigan cocked a brow, showing a level of disdain about the newly acquired scar she had over her right eyebrow. "You know I'm not one for compliments, so don't waste your breath, Oliver." She spoke coldly to her fellow seventh year— her eyes though held a level of hurt in them. The scar was a sign of her failure to the Dark Lord and it wasn't something she took lightly.

Leaning in to respond to Oliver, she felt a growing disgust within her. "I'm in no mood, working— as you can see. Find someone else, no doubt there's some girl just dying to be sucked dry." Her voice was dark and hurtful, as she turned back to the charmed suit of armour acting as the bar-tender. "I'm not your only meal-ticket surely, a guy like you could get as many stupid bimbos to fall at your feet..." She took a swig of her wine, allowing the sour taste to comfort her.

"Why not go for the Hufflepuff snogging on the dance floor, or the girl with Gaunt. She looks just your type," Morrigan pointed back in the direction of Elise Campbell and Persephone Gaunt who both seemed to be bonding happily over a few things— heavens knows what. But it was for her to care for. Once more Morrigan returned to the comfort of her sour wine, debating what more she could do there for the night or should she just leave.

Mentions: Elise Campbell - @Sanguine Fox , Lauren Harrison - Me & Persephone Gaunt - Me
Interactions: Oliver Whitefang - @Adrian

Last edited:

Anastsia Fitzgerald
Seventh Year, Ravenclaw

Annie had never met a kid quite like this one— though, she had met some similar there was something undeniably sweet about this one. Casting her gaze to the side in regards to her height, the Ravenclaw Head Girl felt a fuss of embarassment— she wasn't hard to miss and now she was covered in vomit for a large number of people to see. Oh, how cruel life can be at times, she thought with a sigh casting her gaze downward to the Gryffindor fifth year.

"You're too sweet kid," Anastasia admitted in an almost smitten tone of voice, before noticing him begin to freak out about being sick on her. "No, no, no, it's okay please don't make a fuss... Everyone is staring," she continued waving her hands about. A furious amount of blush danced across her cheeks— truth be told she wasn't good with guys, other than Henry but that was because they were both from the states and had bonded over that on the train to Hogwarts. It was the very same say that she by chance found a very lost Lauren Harrison on the Muggle platforms leading to nine and three quarters.

Watching the boy shed his brown leather jacket Annie graciously accepted it with thanks. Draping the leather jacket across her shoulders, it seemed to fit quite snuggly around her bony figure— after all, she was pretty average other than her height. "Accidents happen— seriously, don't worry yourself about it, I'll get the dress cleaned up anyway. Parties are really my scene and I've been waiting for a reason to leave the whole evening." She admitted trying to make Leo feel a little better about himself.

"I'll help you get there, don't worry too much." She told him in a lightness before watching him take a few wrong steps landing on the floor. Poor dear, you seem to have the worst luck possible, Annie thought quietly to herself before crouching down and extend a helping hand to the fifth year and a gentle smile. "Take my hand, I'll pull you up." Annie instructed in a calm and relaxed tone, before doing so and making her efforts to lead him away.

"Come on now, time to get you cleaned up and put to bed for the night. I'll leave Tabitha to watch over you, she's a good bed friend." The head girl said in a lightness— escorting Leo out of the party and towards the normal girl's bathroom because she wasn't going to learn the filth that was the boy's bathroom.

Mentions: Leontios Castellanos - @Sanguine Fox (interaction)[/hr]

Last edited:
Cyrus Grey

tumblr_oy1cjf0Yr11sq1xo4o1_1280.jpg

Cyrus felt her heart beating in her throat when a certain someone finally spoke from the shadows— Rory fucking Thomson. She was absolutely gobsmacked with what left his mouth next, though wasn't all too surprised either because he was always one for blackmail. "You fucking cunt," the Australian witch spat her disdain staring at Rory Thomson with a look that she wishes could kill. Drawing a hidden switch-blade from the holster at her thigh, she wandered up to him.

Ridged breathing was apparent with her heavily heaving chest, her mousy brown hair seemed to stand on end. The thought of Azkaban made bile rise to the back of her throat. Leaning into the wall staring down at the short wizard, her knife held in shaking hands as the thought of Dementors terrified her. "You're scum, hope you know that. And whatever you use me for know, watch your back later on. Because I promise you this... I'll happily end your meaningless little life— before you can breed." Cyrus knew what he was going to do with her, it wasn't hard to imagine with a person like Rory Thomson.

Maybe being eaten by a cat was the better end of the stick in the end, she thought. Her hardened gaze hitting the wizard waiting for him to say something and hoping that it didn't get her brother Jasper involved either. That was the last thing she wished to happen— get her twin brother involved her mess. It gave her half the mind to leave the party to start packing— laws were different back at home laxer compared to the United Kingdom.

Pushing herself away from the Ravenclaw snake— barely able to tolerate anything more from him. She closed her blade thinking for a moment before raising her fist and drawing back. Compared to their statures and different athletic abilities— this was going to be an easy hit. Using most of her force she connected her knuckles with his already unattractive nose. The loud crack of bones in his nose bought Cyrus some relief, as she shook the blood from her knuckle. "You know— a bloody nose suits you," she stated and with that left the bleeding Rory Thomson on his own.

She knew he'd contact her when he wanted something done.

Mentions: Rory Thomson - @Adrian
Interactions: Rory Thomson - @Adrian

Last edited:
Cormorant Garamond
Poppins
Spectral SC

Henry Chen
SEVENTH YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
Seeing Laurie in tears melted away what was left of Henry’s bitter rage. As relieved as he was that Laurie hadn’t been bruised from the fight, he still couldn’t help but feel somewhat restless. Why was that Gryffindor guy always so mean to her anyway? Henry knew he’d have to do something about it eventually. Pedro didn’t seem like the type to leave anything alone once he had his eyes set on it.

A small squeeze on his hand pulled him back out of his thoughts. The music and noise all around them almost drowned out Laurie’s soft voice, but there was no mistaking what she said.

“Joan beat me to it…” Henry replied, chuckling. Then he squinted, lips slowly rising to a smile as he belatedly recognized the pun, “...literally.”

Just then, Laurie tugged at his tie, causing him to stumble forwards. It ended in him locking lips with the girl. It caught him by surprise, so much that he could feel his heart skip a beat or two. When he finally pulled away, his eyes were still wide with shock.

“Well, this party isn’t so bad after all,” he managed to stutter in the middle of a yawn. All of a sudden, his eyes felt so heavy. He wanted more of the kiss, or at least talk to Laurie some more, but sleep was stealing the moment away from him. One stumble backwards caused him to fall.

And then, darkness.

@Bubbly Potions

Rory Thomson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
Being called a ‘cunt’ was one thing. Rory was used to people calling him names. Years of verbal abuse made it relatively easy to let the insult roll off his back, especially now that he had the upper hand. But the switchblade was quite another thing. One hand reaching for his wand, Rory eyed Cyrus suspiciously. He had never known her to be so violent. Sure, she had been a bit of a bully during their younger years, but never like this.

Her hands seemed to be shaking, however, despite her threats. Underneath all that aggression was fear. Fear of her secret getting out. Fear of Azkaban. Rory could sense it: he had her in his grip.

A smirk tugged at his lips when Cyrus pulled away, but before he could say anything: Crack. Sharp pain made his vision go dark for a moment. He found himself crouching, one hand clasping his nose. The smell of iron overpowered everything else. Rory muttered a curse underneath his breath.

But before he could take his wand out, Cyrus had gone.

He spent a few moments putting himself back in order. A few spells put his nose back into place and the blood removed from his face and clothes. But anger still simmered inside of him. He was a volcano just waiting to erupt at any moment. One of these days, he was going to get back at Cyrus for what she had done, and she was going to regret it.

With that, he returned to the party, taking a plate of brownies from the bar as he began searching for his next victims. It didn’t take long for him to spot Wallace. The boy probably wouldn’t take too kindly towards him, but it was worth a try.

“Fancy a brownie?” He proffered the plate to the group with a practiced smile. It seemed Rosa had been doing the exact same thing, which only made his smile grow wider. This was already quite a party.

@Bubbly Potions
@Vio
@Sanguine Fox

Last edited:
Persephone Gormlaith-Avalon Gaunt

7ee56c20d324b554b31b94a47b664b7d.jpg
Percy blushed sweetly at the compliments raining from Elise's lips— it was nice to hear something positive for once. "Thank you, Elise. It's lovely to meet you properly too." She spoke lightly brushing her fingertips through the long blonde hair. Talk of Alistair made her smile turn to something of admiration— an innocent admiration that was completely one-sided on her part. A giggle found its way past her tightly pursed lips as Elise explained how she did Alistair's hair up with flowers, once upon a time. Not in a time where I knew him, Percy thought sadly to herself. Being a Gaunt never came with many perks— only talking to snakes but she had to keep that a secret... Well not anymore.

"I would love to see that some time, Elise. It would be an interesting photo to see," Percy admitted that she couldn't imagine anything like that on Ali. So, it bought a sense of mystery to what younger Alistair used to be like.

"Oh, you're too kind," Persephone Gaunt smiled awkwardly looking down at her hands, a warmer shade of red collecting at her cheeks— the alcohol and hidden herbs in the brownie had also aided to the redness in her face. Covering her mouth with the back of her hand, Percy pressed a giggle into the flesh of her hand. "I think I might like that— you've been a pleasure to talk to in such a small amount of time." She complimented in a sweet and gentle tone of voice.

"Actually, to celebrate our new friendship I'll go get us some wine!" Percy commented with a sudden burst of energy hopping up to her footing— with a little wobble. Heading off towards a table where she saw a bottle of wine and a few stray glasses. Her mind wandered away, and soon she was so relaxed and calm it was euphoric, to say the least. After all, it was an improvement vastly after the last week.

In a careful balance, she walked with the wine glasses neatly held between fingers— of her left hand and a full bottle of wine in the right. It took a few misjudged steps for her face-plant someone's back, which caused her to groan in discomfort pulling away and rubbing her nose with the back her right hand. "Uh, so sorry about that... Didn't mean it— might have had a bit too much to drink," Percy slurred in a light tone of voice. Finally, when she looked up she noticed that she had walked straight into the back of Wallace Campbell.

"Wallace! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it." She said in a flushed tone of voice, before allowing her gaze to drift to Effie and Alistair-- ignoring the presence of Rory Thomson who was trying to interact with Wallace. "This must be your little sister Effie, you look beautiful and so do you, Rosa... But that goes without saying, right?" Persephone's voice was sweet and inviting— she knew how to compliment even when drunk. Once her gaze drifted to Alistair she offering him a sincere smile, "Congratulations on becoming head boy, and sorry for no congratulations sooner." She said in a sweet manner.

Mentions & Interactions: Alistair Blackbourne - @Adrian , Effie Campbell - @Vio , Elise Campbell - @Sanguine Fox , Wallace Campbell - @Vio & Rory Thomson - @Adrian

Last edited:
Cyrus Grey

tumblr_oy1cjf0Yr11sq1xo4o1_1280.jpg

Cyrus wandered out in a rather quick pace, her skirts flaring at the speed she was walking at. Her mousy brown eyes searched the crowd for someone— someone she could trust. Fuck it! Darn it all! Why'd it have to be Rory! The Australian cursed quietly to herself continuing to look for her roommate and friend. Finally, a sigh of relief came when she found Joan Lambert. Maybe, some luck was on her side after all. She thought once more quietly approaching.

Shaking her stinging hand to get the feeling out of it— she smiled at her friend who had a similar injury. "Found a dickhead or two, Joan?" Cyrus asked in a witty mood, after all, punching four-eyes nose really did help.

Catching wind of the Sanguine's comment towards Joan upon arrive caused the taller girl to cock a brow. "You'll be dragging her nowhere, Medusa." Cyrus stood up straight to her full height, crossing her arms over her front and tilting her head to the side for added attitude. "How about you pull your thong out of your arse and leave people alone. Go find one of your friends to pester. So, if you're not deaf— shove off!" The ill-tempered Australian exclaimed not afraid to stand up for her friend.

Cracking her knuckled back into place, and pulling a stretch. Cyrus was more than keen to wring the foul attitude from the other Gryffindor student. She never liked how Sang treated Joan and her ideas about weakness. Honestly, the tempered brunette thought Faust was lonely because nobody would sit around someone as ill-tempered and nasty as her. Or want to at least.

Mentions: Rory Thomson - @Adrian & Echo Sayre - @Princess Poisoned Rose
Interactions: Joan Lambert - @Adrian & Sanguine Faust - @Sanguine Fox

Last edited:
Cormorant Garamond
IM Fell English SC
UnifrakturMaguntia

Oliver Whitefang
raw - jim williams​
It was clear he had crossed a line. Oliver pulled away, swirling the glass in his hand.

“No question,” he attempted a reconciliatory smile, “Just trying to be a gentleman, miss. Have a good evening.”

Bowing slightly, he hopped off the stool, wanting nothing more than to be out of Morrigan’s presence. It was clear that the girl was in a bad mood, and Oliver knew better than to linger around in a place he had no business being in. Sanguine had taught him this from early on. It had taken a few punches for the lesson to hit home, but hit home it did.

Where he would get his sustenance now, he did not know. His throat still burned, and no amount of wine could cure him from it. It took effort not to just grab some poor random soul and suck the life out of them. How could he let his thirst go unquenched for so long?

Someone bumped into him, jolting him out of his reverie. The wine slipped from his fingers and shattered onto the floor. With an almost inhuman reflex, Oliver caught the girl by the armpits with both hands.

“Woah, lady,” he managed to say, laughing, “I’m not that easy. You’ll have to take me out to dinner first.”

As Oliver straightened her up, the strong smell of alcohol assaulted his nostrils. It almost masked her sweet human scent, but Oliver could sniff it out just the same. Fire raged in his throat. He could feel the blood pulsing underneath her skin, beating in time to his own rapid heartbeat.

It took all of his willpower not to go insane with bloodlust. How could he not, when someone had just so willingly thrown themselves into his arms to be fed on? But no, not here. Not where so many people could see.

“I reckon you need some sleep, miss,” he said, as he began to lead her out of the room. “Don’t you worry, I’ll take you to your dormitory. Wouldn’t want a pretty girl to get lost now. What’s your house, might I ask?”

@Bubbly Potions
@Sanguine Fox

Piper Ryeland

Seventh Year, Hufflepuff

Mentions: Morrigan Quinn - @Bubbly Potions Deborah Johnson - @Adrian , Rowan the Toad - NPC
Interactions: Deborah Johnson - @Adrian Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions . Rowan the Toad - NPC

"I'm so glad you agree!" Piper said, Sounding genuinely delighted. She'd always enjoyed hanging around Debbie. Not only for her invaluable help in sneaking in all the creatures she wanted to study and help; but also because she wasn't put off but her odd little quirks. She was glad for her terrible smuggling skills, since she gained a good friend.

She opened her container of bugs once more, releasing another fly for the toad on her lap as she glanced at Debbie from the corner of her eye. "Are you okay Debbie?" She asked. The other girl seemed different. Maybe this just wasn't her scene, it's not like anyone had a choice but to attend anyway. She definitely should have saved her some brownies or maybe get her a snack...eating had relaxed her, perhaps it would do the same for Debbie.

Due to her fuzzy mind she didn't register the weight hoping from her lap as she laugh. "Pfft, I'm always happy," She said with a wave of her hand and a happy smile. She then blinked a few times as Debbie's question finally registered. "Actually..." She trailed off slowly, her attention dropping to her now empty lap, her mind failing to process why it was now empty. "Rowan?" She said slowly. She peered around, only just catching sight of hopping legs leaping onto a table.

With a gasp of horror she shot to her feet. "Wait Rowan!" She squeaked and dashed across the room. She couldn't let the beloved animal get hurt...Oh gosh...WHAT IF SHE LOST HIM!! Oh she'd be hated for life! She didn't even have a chance to apologise to Debbie, for leaving her, not as panic rushed through her.

She dashed across the room, accidentally crashing into other student and squeaking out apologies as she moved. She reached the table, hands flying out in an attempt to catch the toad, bottles falling over and hitting the ground with each attempt to catch the evasive creature. He hopped away again, leaving Piper have sprawled across the table with reaching fingers, leaving the lovely displays a complete mess. "Oh Rowan please stop," She whimpered, as he hopped down onto the ground.

Piper of course...went after him all over again. Catching Rowan was all she could focus on. Not the people around her, or even the mess both her and the small Toad had left in their wake. No, all she could focus on was the toad, now sitting still beneath the stool belonging to Morrigan Quinn. Piper didn't even care that the other girl completely terrified her, she just flew at the stool. Her fingers wrapped loosely around Rowan as she smacked into the stool, hard enough to send it and its occupant, tumbling to the ground. In the end, Rowan still slipped away, throwing her sacrifice right out the window as she finally registered just who she'd knocked down.

Last edited:
759ea16371a874549390735fd51c5012.png

Interactions: Oliver Whitefang (@Adrian )
Mentions: Persephone Gaunt (@Bubbly Potions ) Wallace & Effie Campbell (@Vio )

Elise seemed sleepy, but a soft, warm smile kept its place upon her lips though her eyes seemed to blink sleepily close every few moments. She could not say she knew Persephone well, other than rumours and vicious gossip, but Elise felt a warm, happy feeling develop when the girl seemed to cheer up. It also took her attention from the pounding headache that failed to leave her. Only because of the shift on the seat did Elise allow her eye lids to flicker open wider, her blurred vision watching the other stumble up and leave- though she only caught a few words of what she said.

“Wine...?”

Grey eyes hurriedly snapped open as her arms shot out to her sides, pushing herself up from the cushions till she was sat leaning forwards with her hair draped around her face. This was not good. Until now she had not even been aware of alcohol being present at the party! What was more shocking to the Campbell Witch was that she hadn’t noticed! She was normally far more observant… Her brows furrowed in confusion as one hand freed itself to settled against her forehead as the confusion seemed to add to the tension. As far as she knew she had not drunk any wine and a quick lick of her lips confirmed that. Though, it reminded her of the chocolate brownies she had consumed. Then she realised, there was something else most likely in those brownies - especially considering her state and what seemed like some of the others present.

“How did I not notice that!” She cursed internally, her eyes gathering a glassy shimmer as tears welled up. Panic. Her chest began to heave heavily when a swell in her throat seemed to make it suddenly a lot harder to breathe. The rapid breathing spread and soon, her arms trembled loosely in her lap – though she did not cry. Not yet at least as her mind continued to work up her panic.

Elise brushed her tears away quickly as she shot up from her seat and unsteadily got to her feet. Despite her awareness of situation now, it did not change the fact that Elise was far from remotely sober. Stumbling forwards Elise began to wander through the crowds to find the exit or at least, Wallace who she knew would help her – and she could warn him and Effie if they were here! However, her plan never came to fruition as she easily collided with another student who caught her before the impact had her spiralling to the floor.

The sound of shattering glass broke her from her panic as grey orbs looked owlishly over to Oliver – someone she knew of but had not spoken to before. Had she? At this point, her memory seemed to be quite selective. Even now, she could only partially keep up with his words. “E-eh? Oh! Right. I am so sorry – Ol-oliver right?” She asked, her hands settled on his arms to keep herself upright. She caught on that he was going to help her out and Elise smiled softly, allowing herself to relax slightly and the panic to dim. At least, she would get out of here quicker. “Thank you” She added happily, a light blush from both from him calling her pretty and her intoxication coloured her cheeks. “Ravenclaw! Thank you! I really needed to get out of there!”

1539705074377.png

Interactions: Anna (@Bubbly Potions )
Mentions: None

Leontios could not deny that right now all he could focus on was the spot on his forehead that currently seemed to send a shooting pain across his skull. Though part of him wished to blame the other student’s elbow, he knew it was due to the drinks he had consumed prior. Leontios blinked, staring widely at the offending elbow with parted lips parted in shock as his hand suddenly shot out to point at his ‘attacker’, clearly offended. “HEY! You just elbowed me in the face, dumbass!” Anger, though barely existent, seemed to be riled up by the wine he had drank. “You should be more careful- Damnit, that hurt!” He hissed out, both hands rubbing his forehead gingerly, as if the touch would prompt far more pain.

He continued to give a pitifully weak glare at the other student who had already mumbled apologies and wondered off, his own lips drawn into a sulky pout when he finally drew his hands from his head. “Damnit! That brat-“Leontios hissed under his breath, calling the far older student a ‘brat’, “He embarrassed me in front of the pretty lady! That ain’t cool dude, ain’t coool.” He stated as if a fact in his confident tone. His attention was caught once again by the ‘pretty lady’ when a hand caught his gaze. Annie had said it was okay, though guilt still lingered at his actions, but he calmed down at her forgiveness – and the hit to the head. “Thanks!” Grabbing her hand in his, Leontios was pulled to his feet where he swayed slightly.

The two of them were soon exiting the loud, boisterous party and Leontios missed it. He liked that environment! It was fun! “Whaat!” He seemed shocked, his expression almost comically wide-eyed as he shook his head furiously, though he seemed to tip slightly to the side with the excessive movement. “I don’t want to go to beeeed!” He whined though did not stray from Annie’s side as they headed to the bathroom. He even failed to notice to notice that they were headed to the girl’s bathroom – though when he caught notice of the sign he dug his heels into the floor. “That’s the ladies! Why are we here!” Leontios demanded, his tone wavering as he pointed his finger accusingly the door as if it was to hell itself.

When his own name left Alistair’s lips, Wallace could feel the bile formulating in his mind. A sort of vicious and bitter resentment that only rang true when it came to the Head Boy. The regards ended up making him look like the asshole in this situation, and immediately Wallace wondered if the bloke did it on purpose to make him look bad in front of his sister or Rosa. It was a thought that the redhead didn’t take too kindly, but he wouldn’t dare show the anger it caused him. While he managed to keep a smile on his face, it didn’t change the fact that he is still slightly intoxicated and had less control over his motor skills in some way. When Alistair made the attempt to exclude Wallace from the conversation by turning to the woman next to him, Rosa, his hand tensed. The pressure he exerted on the glass managed to crack it, and the liquid contents of his drink began to leak onto his fingers. “Ah shit.” he swore under his breath, and in a rush he side steps around their little flock to toss the broken item into the garbage as it would no longer be of use to anyone really.

Ignoring his sister’s concerned stare, he decides to ignore the three of them for the time being and fetch himself a new glass of wine. Though he was starting to wish for something stronger. Approaching the food table once more he looks down at all the treats and drinks, a small growl emanating from his stomach. He hadn’t had anything to eat that day, but he wasn’t stupid enough to eat the food that was made, he assumed, by the newspaper club. The thought making him side glance Rosa who he noticed earlier, and from afar, was trying to offer Ali and his sister some brownies. Still standing idly close to the group he manages to over hear their conversation, growing a little more irritated by it. How long had they known each other? Wallace had imagined Alistair would be more knowing of the people he surrounds himself with. Wallace had known she could cook for a while now, they were friends after all, but he didn’t like her using her talents for such asinine things. He just wished she saw what he did. What he did? He thought about that for a moment, and his mind faltered back to the glass he had tossed. Did I do that because of Ali ignoring me or because it was with…., he thought to himself looking back over to the three of them at his side. His gaze softened a little when it fell once again on Rosa, but he caught himself and immediately looked back down at the table. “Don’t be stupid Wallace.” The boy says under his breath now frustrated with himself more than anything. If he did have an budding affections for Rosa he would surely need to kill them off. After all, in his mind the fellow Slytherin was surely out of his league. Having enough of his own self reflections, Wallace started to pour himself a new glass when the resident redheaded demon approached him.

To be frank the situation left Wallace surprised and certainly caught off guard. He had thought Rory a coward for some time now, but this certainly proved him wrong. Now he had the impression that Rory was just fucking stupid. Wallace gave him an irritated look, but reigned in his obvious contempt for the guy after a deep sigh. Wallace didn’t want to crack another glass. “I don’t eat sweets.” Wallace says dryly, but a thought came to him. A delicious little ploy. Feigning a rather charming smile he continues “But you’ve been on your feet since the party started, so maybe you should relax a little! Have a glass of wine and enjoy them too?” He inquires as he gently slides his hands under the tray and gently withdraws it from the Ravenclaw’s own. As he does this, he suddenly feels something, or rather someone, heavily push into his back. Wallace shifted on his feet, twisting his body a little to reveal the one and only Percy Gaunt behind him. She pretty much stumbles around him ushering a quick apology over her current state. “It’s fine….” was all he said, but when her attention quickly falls on Alistair and the others Wallace couldn’t help but roll his eyes. Settling down the brownies from his hands onto the table beside him Wallace takes up his new glass. He took a moment to down most of its contents swiftly before finally looking over the rest of the party, his icy blue hues finally return to look Rory dead in the eye. “Unless….” he pauses as he opts to lean against the table slightly, not wanting to put all his weight on the table in fear of having it collapse, “there’s something wrong with them you haven’t told us about?” he adds a bit casually raising his drink to his lips once more and taking a nonchalant sip from it. He made no efforts to hide the fact that Rory didn’t scare him in the least bit, and since Rory had no dirt on him he knew he could get away with it. The feeling it left him was quite...refreshing. Once again Wallace was starting to enjoy himself at this stupid excuse for a party. Wallace chuckles softly as his lips curl up into a smirk as he says "Knowing you? It wouldn't surprise me."

Mentions - Alistair ( @Adrian ), Effie ( Me ), Rosa ( @Sanguine Fox ), Percy ( @Bubbly Potions )
Interactions - Rory ( @Adrian )

Last edited: