2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
1975. A time of struggle for muggles and wizards alike. While the cold war is at its height, the wizarding world is faced with a war of its own. The Daily Prophet has reported nothing but bad news as of late. There have been disappearances, murders, dark marks in the sky, and sightings of strange men in masks. Whispers say this is all the work of the Dark Lord, an enemy so formidable no one dares to speak his name.

A dark cloud hangs over Hogwarts, for even its peace has been disturbed. The promise of a new academic year and its would-be adventures are instead shrouded in unspeakable fear. There are those who come to Hogwarts with dark intentions and even darker magic. No one knows who they are. They stay in the shadows, bearing the faces of old friends or foes, whispering, scheming...

In this age of growing racial prejudice, the well-being of half-breeds and muggle borns hang in the balance.

Hogwarts is no longer safe.
Current Chapter 6: A Solemn Supper

Date: Wednesday, October 8 1975
Time: 6pm
Event: Feast at the Great Hall
Weather: Cloudy

Hogwarts opens its great doors once more, though the students that choose to remain are anything but great in number. If, at the beginning of the school year, the halls were flooded with streams of black robes, it is now reduced to a trickle. And what would customarily be an exited hubbub is now uncomfortably quiet, occasionally permeated by whispers of uncertainty and fear.

Something about Hogwarts has changed. Something more than the Chamber of Secrets being opened then closed once again. Something more than the appointment of the new Headmaster Demetrius Creed, whose very existence seems to be shrouded in mystery. Hogwarts itself seems foreboding somehow. Like some dark and evil spirit has possessed its very walls. For the castle towers now stood frowning upon the encroaching students like it loathes for them to come back. There will be no warm welcome, no semblance of a joyous celebration to be had. There is only the beginnings of an omen.

But even in the darkness, there is hope. The two students who fell victim to the Basilisk are now cured and well, even if the trauma remains with them and will haunt their dreams for some time.

Today, they will be rejoining their classmates who, upon their arrival, are immediately ushered into the Great Hall for supper. There, half the former staff awaits them upon their usual seats at the great table, whilst the other half seems to have been replaced by unknown and unwelcoming new faces. The usual seat of the Headmaster is curiously empty.
Write-up by Adrian   |   Coding by Adrian   |   © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / EXT / OOC
0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /

Last edited:
Cormorant Garamond
IM Fell English SC
UnifrakturMaguntia

Oliver Whitefang
raw - jim williams​
All Oliver could think about that morning was the unmistakable fear on Elise's face last night. In his thirst and slightly inebriated state, he had completely forgotten to erase her memories. He decided that, today, he would do what he should have done the previous night. As he walked towards the Great Hall, he kept a wary eye out for the girl, hoping that she would not avoid him like he expected her to.

Much to his surprise, Elise was the one who found him first. He whirled around to face her, hand subtly reaching for the wand by his side... just in case. Elise didn't seem perturbed at all despite everything, which took him off guard. It was almost admirable how oddly calm she was. Needless to say, Oliver found it somewhat suspicious. Was he too late? Had she already told everyone else about his secret? Or was she planning to use it against him?

"Of course. Let's talk over there, since I can't hear well in this racket," Oliver smiled down at the girl as he led her out into the courtyard. Here, there were significantly less people, and therefore less chances of them getting overheard. "What is it?" He cocked his head, feigning curiosity and innocence simultaneously.

@Sanguine Fox

Last edited:
Cormorant Garamond
Poppins
Spectral SC

Henry Chen
SEVENTH YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
That morning, Henry felt bursting with energy. Though the previous night had ended sooner than he would have liked, it was altogether a good one. His dreams had put him in a good mood, even if he couldn't remember any of them by the time he woke up.

Miraculously, he didn't need any help with getting himself out of bed this morning. Normally, he would have probably slept until noon... or attempted to, anyway. It was that hard to rouse him. But for some reason this newfound energy had him rolling off the bed in a matter of seconds. A snap of a finger and he was all ready for breakfast, even if his socks were mismatched and fistfuls of bed hair stuck out from his head like antennas.

He reached the Great Hall before long, but decided to make a little detour before heading to the Hufflepuff table. It wasn't hard to find his favorite person to annoy. Rosa was slumped over the Slytherin table, looking like she was about to pass out at any second. He also noticed that she had barely touched her food.

"Woah, woah, slow down, Rosa. Man, you sure are hungry today." Henry piped, resting an arm on top of her head, "Or dare I say—ravenous." He flashed a toothy smile at his own joke.

@Sanguine Fox

Last edited:

Rory Thomson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
As he handed out newspapers by the entrance of the Great Hall, Rory couldn't help but smile to himself. Sales were already at an all-time peak, and it was only the first week of the school year. Gossip truly was the gift that keeps on giving. His hangover remedy potions were also selling like hotcakes. Everything seemed to be going according to plan.

When his stack of newspapers were finally depleted, Rory decided to pour just a little bit more gasoline to the already raging fire. Alistair and Echo were already in the midst of a conversation at the Slytherin table; most likely they were talking about what had happened last night. Things weren't looking too good. Both of them seemed deliciously tense.

There was a merry jingling of coins in his pockets as Rory walked over to the couple—a friendly, unassuming smile fixed onto his face.

"Good morning," he greeted cheerfully as he slid into the small space between Echo and another Slytherin girl. "I was sorry to see you leave last night, Echo, but I really enjoyed our time together." Then, he cast a glance at the man behind them, as if only noticing him for the first time. His brow furrowed in worry and feigned nervousness as he looked between the two of them. "Oh, er, is this a bad time?"

@Princess Poisoned Rose

a27794b66ed0c1665b0a85ce34b9003f.png

Interactions: Henry Chen (@Adrian )
Mentions: Lauren (@Bubbly Potions )

Rosa felt herself drawn from her light sleep by an irritating voice and a weight being placed upon her head. Though it made her flinch slightly, the unexpected contact, Rosa just grumbled before adjusting her head so that her chin settled upon her folded arms that she used as a headrest prior. Tiredly, amber orbs stared at the familiar face of Henry Chen– something that only served to irritate the exhausted Slytherin who honestly could not stand his puns.

His current ones included.

She sighed, letting her gaze fall partially closed as she decided to not waste energy brushing the Hufflepuff off her. Momentarily, she spared a gaze at the relatively untouched food. She had only eaten the bare minimum and picked at the fruit, her plate still looked full but even looking at it made her feel unwell. Her appetite was always small. Rosa didn’t even look to Henry again yet, staring ahead as a yawn tumbled from her parted, glossy lips.

“Bird puns? Really?” She asked, her voice only slightly above a whisper as she tucker her head into her arms. “Do you ever shut up, Chen?” Rosa asked, blinking a tired gaze up to him for a moment as she raised a brow. “Maybe if Lauren kisses you again you would? Got to say, it was quite amusing to see you taken down by a kiss of all things…You are pretty innocent, huh?” She cooed before another yawn escaped her, forcing her to sit up properly, her hand moving Henrys arm from the top of her head.

Why did the damned Hufflepuff have to wake her up?

Last edited:
759ea16371a874549390735fd51c5012.png

Interactions: Oliver Whitefang (@Adrian )
Mentions: NPC

Elise smiled at his agreement though she didn’t feel any less nervous – though her curiousity remained it didn’t change the fact that a part of her was still concerned. She nodded along and followed Oliver to the courtyard, her fingers shifting nervously behind her, lines of poetry threatening to part from her lips as her nerves continued. She disliked her current state of conflict. When they finally arrived Elise just kept a smile on her face, taking a deep breath to calm herself.

The witch looked around the courtyard briefly before flicking her gaze back to Oliver. “I wanted to talk about yesterday.” She explained quickly. Elise couldn’t deny the usual urge to understand the current thoughts of the other – was he worried about her knowing? This conversation? His face didn’t say so. Gently, a hum parted from her lips before she continued, fingers idly finding her wand as her thumb traced comfortingly over the material. “I haven’t said anything…I mean, I am not sure what I would even say…” Elise rambled, brows furrowing before she shook her head.

Elise was far from sure what to say – an oddity for her.

It took another second of nervous glancing before she forced herself to calm down properly and let a comforting smile decorate her lips, though a weak one. “It…It isn’t my secret to tell…and I am pretty sure people wouldn’t react well, I think I’m only okay about it right now because I’ve had all night to think…”. Elise had thought long and hard on that. “I thought it was a hallucination at first or something…I swear the food and drink was spiked last night but- “She twisted around her wrist, the sleeve falling away only slightly to reveal the quick bandaging. “Well, I can’t ignore that…and I tried to.” Her grip on her wand tightened in case she needed it, though her expression still wore a soft, weak smile.

“I need an explanation…Please?”

Anastasia Fitzgerald
Seventh Year, Ravenclaw
The morning after the vexing party was welcomed by Anastasia, the Head Girl wanted everything to be normal once more. Although, she knew that wasn't completely accurate with some not quite returning to their respective dorms after a night of alcohol-induced endeavours. She dared to admit she wasn't completely innocent of such charges, but it was in good intention to make sure a student returned safely to his dorm. The very last thing she wanted is the boy to get lost and discovered by a Professor-- possibly passed out in his own vomit.

Dressed in a simple dress and black stockings Annie made her way out of dorms, through the common rooms and out the door. Her goal in mind was to see if there was any damage done from the night before. Long hair for once held loosely over her shoulders like wild ocean waves.

Entering the Great Hall she happened to dodge a flying apple headed toward her way when strolling toward the Ravenclaw table. Unfortunately for the person that was sitting minding their own business to take the hit possibly meant for her. It was there she found Deborah with a plate of food pushed away and a rather unappeased expression on her face.

"Good morning, Deborah," she greeted her peer formally and rather politely taking a seat across from her dormmate. "What has you so displeased?" Annie asked the girl before her wondering if she needed to clarify the emotions on Deborah's face. It always feels like more effort understanding others, rather than Lauren and Henry, Annie thought quietly to herself finishing herself a nice warming cup of tea.

Interactions: @Adrian [/hr]

Last edited:

ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE

Alistair's jaw visibly clenched at the sharpness of Echo's words. He didn't like the way she spoke to him, but her reaction was at least better than he had anticipated. A copy of the newspaper lay on the table, its bold black headline mocking him. He reached over to move it out of view, but someone passed by exactly at that moment and blocked his way.

Rory Thomson.

If Alistair was annoyed before, now he was angry. The same unsettling feelings that had overcome him the previous night threatened to consume him once again. Rory's question went ignored as Alistair looked straight at Echo, his eyes burning with a rage he had not felt in a long time. His migraine and already sour mood only worsened it.

"Don't tell me you've been seeing this mudblood scum behind my back," the cold, embittered words left his mouth before he could stop them. He was well-aware of his own hypocrisy, and yet his pride wouldn't allow him to admit it even to himself. There was no turning back now. Folding his arms at his chest, Alistair braced himself for Echo's retort.

- Interactions:
Echo Sayre @Princess Poisoned Rose

Colour Tag: #339966

Echo turned to Rory as he approached and gave him a reproachful smile. “I am sorry it was cut a bit short. I had to take care of somethings. I do also apologize for not really contacting you this summer. My mother and Lady Blackbourne had me rather tied up with preparations.” She looked at Alistair before giving a slight sigh. “Unfortunately though Rory, there are rather pressing things I must speak to Alistair about. I will speak with you later about the article.” Her eyes flashed back to Alistair at his anger filled question.

She barked a laugh and laughed for a couple seconds, before she rested her hand on her heart and took a breathe, “You have got to be joking Alistair.” She crossed her arms over chest. “I would never stoop so low to sully the word I gave when signing our contract.” Her eyes looked at Rory, “No offense Rory.” She looked back at Alistair. “I have kept every word I have ever said the day of the signing. I have kept appropriate distances with any male, including Rory. I have never laid my lips against anyone's who is not you. Can you say the same Alistair? I can guarantee you can not, I watched you kiss Percy, I watched you leave with her.” Her words were spitting and angry towards the end as tears started to form in her eyes.
Interactions: Rory and Alistair @Adrian
Mentions: Percy @Bubbly Potions

The dull sound of running water met the ears of our youngest Campbell as she lay snugly beneath the confines of her comforter. At first she mistook the sound as a heavy rain while she drifted in and out of consciousness, before sitting up and rubbing her eye with a yawn. As she slowly awoke to the new day, the first thing she noticed was that her roomate was not with in her own bed sheets. Then the sound of running water came to a stop. Ah, the shower. Did I sleep in? she thought to herself as she watched her friend leave their bathroom, the steam that had collected inside trailing behind her leisurely. The other girl paid Effie no mind, she was the reserved sort, and continued about her routine. Stretching her arms above her head she said good morning to the girl before sliding out from under her covers and heading into the bathroom. Undressing fully she slips into their shared shower, and sighed in relief at the touch of warm bath tile. Effie hated being the first one awake, as the cold morning tiles would make her skin crawl. Turning on the water to what others would call scorching hot, she stood there in a daze letting the water cleanse her of sully. Finally, sluggishly, she begins to bathe rigorously as her mind wandered to things she did not want to think about. With the quick shake of her head she gentle smacks at her cheeks to keep herself focused on the present. One thing at a time. Taking a deep breath she relaxes and rinses the soap from her skin. After a short shampooing and rinsing she turns the water off and dries herself, feeling fresher already! Stepping over to the sink she takes a moment to brush her teeth, the mint only helping to rouse her from her haze. Soon enough after she was fully dried, dressed, and ready to get started on her new day.

Exiting her room and heading to the stairs, her plaid skirt in hufflepuff colors swished about her knees as she descends down to the common room. However, she's not ready to leave for the great hall just yet. As usual she takes the time to check all the potted plants strewn about her common room to see if any of them needs tending too. Lightly humming to herself a tune she fancied, she checks each plant's condition and soil quality. Finding that some pots are dry, she takes up their communal watering can and waters those that need it. As she's watering one of the cosmo clusters a small group of her house students come down the stairs. All of them bidding her a good morning and pleasant day, the gesture only furthering Effie's cheerful disposition. "I'm so glad I'm a hufflepuff...." she says to herself as she lifts up the can away from the cosmos and puts it back on it's proper shelving. Double checking that she has all her belongings the young red head leaves her common room with a slight skip to her step. This was going to be a good day, she could feel it..., or so she thought. She arrived a bit later than the rest of her fellow students, so for the most part she wasn't aware that not everyone else was having such a good day. As she enters the great hall she immediately notices her brother Wallace and Percy at the Slytherin table, and proceeds to make her way over to them. Something stops her though, much like the night before foul words fell upon her ears.

"... you've been seeing this mudblood scum behind my back?"

The tone was angry and bitter, but the voice familiar all the same. Looking to the side of her she notices a very incredibly angry Echo and Alistair causing a scene in the great hall. She looked to Rory, and back to the supposed couple. She had never felt so disgusted with someone she even considered a friend. She did not want to surround herself with people so vile, and yet at the same time she couldn't help herself to not give up on him. She thought that the kind boy she knew as a girl was in there somewhere still, deep down. This though? This would be hard to tolerate, especially when she had so many muggle born friends. Unable to listen to the two of them anymore, Effie's face of disgust settled into that of just sadness. Her good mood had been ruined for the time being, and she let herself drift away from the Slytherin table where she sat next to some of her house mates. All of them fretting over her sulking, as it was not typically in her character. Though she managed a small smile for them and assured them she would be fine.

Persephone Gormlaith-Avalon Gaunt

7ee56c20d324b554b31b94a47b664b7d.jpg
Persephone gave a light smile listening to Wallace's explanation of his current goals towards study. "I'm glad to hear your progress is going well. You must be proud of your achievements," Percy said in a solemn and sincere tone of voice.

Her heart dropped into her stomach when it came to reading the first page of the morning paper. It came with more harmful and hurtful lies, although some sad truths too. The mere mentioning of what happened between Echo Sayre and the infamous Rory Thomson was enough for her to piece together what led to the starting kiss between her and Alistair. It made the role Percy played in last night's events crystal clear.

Persephone took it as a realization that she knew what Blackbounre thought her worth was now. It had very clearly appeared that she was nothing more than an object to get back at Echo Sayre, the girl he was intended to marry.

A sad gaze followed Wallace's gentle gestures. Why couldn't I have fallen for a gentleman like you? Percy thought sadly peering into his eyes. Her gaze shifting down to the bowl of fruit that he placed before her. "Wallie, you're such a sweetheart, but I can't..." She said with sad tone pushing the bowl of food away. "I feel like if I eat it won't stay down, and I don't want anything more written or said about me as it is," Persephone explained in a low tone of voice.

A sense of nervousness overcame Persephone when she finally noticed Alistair with Echo. In the apparent tension that was seen, she had figured that Alistair was trying to clear up the "mistake" from last night.

"Getting out of here and going to Hogsmeade sounds grand to me," Persephone finally expressed her ideas toward the little venture to Hogsmeade that day. She settled back down uncomfortably in her seat looking at Wallace. "Just bring Effie along, I don't have any other friends... Only you, Wallace. Blackbourne was a mistake since the beginning, and because of my idiotic feelings I've hurt Echo and lost her too." Percy stared looking over to the Head Boy near the end of the table with a burning look of hatred for what he had done. She knew that she played a big role, but he stepped on her feelings and emotions as if they were nothing.

Mentions: Echo Sayre - @Princess Poisoned Rose , Alistair Blackbourne & Rory Thomson - @Adrian , Wallace Campbell - @Vio
Interactions: Wallace Campbell - @Vio

Last edited:

Rory Thomson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
The words that came out of Alistair's mouth almost shattered Rory's composure. His lips drew themselves into a hard line, but he said nothing. A man like him wages his wars in secret, where they would always win. Not like this, where he was vulnerable.

Rory simply listened as Echo apologized to him. He waved his hand in a dismissive gesture, the expression on his face the picture of embarrassment. Maybe, someday, if he felt like taking the piss out of it, he could try his luck in theater.

Purebloods. They always lied to themselves, believing whatever was convenient, whatever stroked their massive egos and relieved them of blame.

"I understand," he said empathetically, cautiously glancing at the angry boy behind him as he stood up. He walked away, a small, self-satisfied smile creeping up to his face as Echo's voice grew louder with frustration.

But his work was not quite done yet.

Rory's eyes fell on Effie, who was just making her way to the Hufflepuff table. She was another one of Alistair's closest friends. Another pureblood, another potential victim, another good story. He could just sniff it out, a hound at her heels.

When she seated herself, Rory wasted no time taking the place next to her, muttering his excuses to the other person who had been hogging up the space previously. Then, he turned towards her with a congenial smile on his face.

"Good morning," He was always a man of manners, "You're Wallace's sister, right? I think I saw you and Alistair last night. I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you two... dating?" He shifted uncomfortably in his seat just then, brows furrowing in concern, "I actually approached you because I wanted to warn you. Whatever you do is your business, of course, but you might want to stay away from Alistair. He's..." He cocked his head to the side, as though trying to think of a tactful way to say whatever he was about to say, "...Not quite right, if you understand me. I'm just worried he's targeting young girls like yourself, and I don't want to stand by and just watch that happen."

@Princess Poisoned Rose
@Vio

Cormorant Garamond
IM Fell English SC
UnifrakturMaguntia

Oliver Whitefang
raw ​- jim williams ​
The last thing Oliver expected was sincerity. He had grown so used to being discriminated and accused that Elise's kind, honest words surprised him enough to render him speechless. He couldn't remember the last time a non-vampire treated him like an actual person. The only witch outside of his circle who knew about his true race was Morrigan, but she had her own agenda for treating him the way she did.

This was different.

He felt his grip around his wand loosen, regarding Elise in a new light for the first time. Realizing his jaw was still slack with surprise, he promptly closed it with a forced cough. Was this real? Or was this a cruel joke?

"I..." he stuttered, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. But he couldn't tell her what he really was, not when there's so much at stake. Not when he didn't know whether to trust her yet. And yet, something about the way she asked him for an explanation made him want to reconsider. After all, he did owe her that at least. There was just one thing he needed to do first, just to be sure.

"Sorry, I'm confused. I'm not sure I know what you're talking about."

@Sanguine Fox

Cormorant Garamond
Poppins
Spectral SC

Henry Chen
SEVENTH YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
Henry simply laughed a breezy laugh. Ah, Rosa, the things she said sometimes to throw someone off were ridiculous. He was just glad he had gotten a reaction out of her. This was a rare thing, and needed to be treasured.

"Nice try. Do you ever lighten up, Rosa? Jeez, I'm just trying to be funny. Come on, laugh! It's easy. Just say, "Ha Ha Ha" and try to actually look like you're laughing," he said, pointing his fingers at his face as his mouth exaggerated the movements, as though he were teaching a child how to speak.

@Sanguine Fox

759ea16371a874549390735fd51c5012.png

Interactions: Oliver Whitefang (@Adrian )
Mentions: None

Elise watched his expression carefully as her smile softened, traces of fear drifting from her features when she could note his obvious surprise. She didn’t understand exactly why he felt that way – there were many possible reasons she could consider. Was this a rare reaction to whatever he was? Was this not what he expected? Too many options that right now, Elise did not want to further dwell on despite her remaining curiosity. However, it made him seem more human than how the previous night had portrayed him in her mind. It reduced her fear and caused her to soften in return.

Slowly, her own grip on her wand faltered and she released it. She would put her trust in the other, it would be horrible of her not to! To simply mistrust someone and put a dangerous label on them…even if she was still worried about this all was not okay with her. Despite last night, she found herself hoping he had a good explanation for what happened. Dropping her hand’s, she entwined her fingers behind her back, waiting for the other to speak, and when he did, Elise just shook her head softly.

“Really?” She asked softly, her tone curious and without any trace of malice or anger. “Well, if you want I can recount what I remember, as fuzzy as my memory is from last night. Then there are the marks, you know?” Elise cooed teasingly, her smile widening before she tilted her head, peering at him quizzically. “But…I don’t want to let someone overhear…It isn’t anyone else’s business”. There was a pause as she felt her posture relax, signs of fear drifting from her features though nerves slightly remained. “So…Can you explain, please? I have my theories but I don’t want to make assumptions…What are you, Oliver Whitefang?”

a27794b66ed0c1665b0a85ce34b9003f.png

Interactions: Henry Chen (@Adrian )
Mentions: Lauren (@Bubbly Potions ), Joan (@Adrian ), Jasper (@Winterswing ), Sanguine (Me), Cyrus (@Bubbly Potions )

Rosa simply rolled her eyes at his reaction, already becoming exhausted with his presence. He just didn’t shut up despite her internal pleas that he would get a throat infection or tonsillitis or something that would keep him from speaking, A tired sigh tumbled from her lips, her elbow propped on the table as she dragged a hand through her hair, pulling the loose locks from around her till they were behind her, out of her line of sight.

It took Rosa a moment before emotions seem to fade from her features, her gaze settling and her lips shifting into a pursed line as she settled her chin in her hand. Idly, her gaze shifted to the irritating Hufflepuff, staring at him with her usual apathy. “You honestly make me question your intelligence, Chen.” She huffed out, glancing to her side to a newspaper left open before her. She had read it before eating and taking her nap – though she knew the content she liked to read it upon publishing and watch the reactions of the students. Grabbing it with her free hand, she shoved it lazily into the Hufflepuff’s grip, raising a brow at him.

Once it was out of her grip she dropped her hand back onto the table and shifted her cheek to settle in the curve of her fingers, a yawn parting her lips as her amber eyes blinked tiredly, her lidded gaze shifting to a nearby fight that was seeming to occur. While she was amused by the drama – stupidity seemed to work for some people, Rosa hated that they were so loud this early in the morning. Looking back to Chen she continued, “See. You fainted upon being kissed by the girl, Lauren.” She explained, “Most people at the party last night saw it – I saw it. Now, if you want to talk about funny I will indulge you in a conversation about that if you wish? It was comical to see you out cold at a mere kiss. Kind of childish too.“ She paused for a moment before shifting her gaze to look at him directly. “Ha... Ha...” Rosa repeated, though her voice was monotonous, mockingly replying to his prior attempts to get her to laugh or smile.

Trigger Warning: Brief mentions of sexual assault

Effie had just started fixing her plate when one of her friends next to her were forcibly shoved to the side. The commotion wasn't discreet in the slightest, and even if it was it would be hard not to notice either way. She was right there next to them after all. The girl's emerald hues stare up at the curly haired red head, a bit...shocked at his insistance. It was so sudden she wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but the shock didn't last long. It was quickly replaced with an anxiousness Effie usually held when it came to men she didn't know. She didn't like it when they acted familiar with her, like he had done for several years prior. Effie found that it was hard to trust the intentions of men after the most recent trauma she's been through. Rory's abbrasiveness already quickly terrifying the girl as she made an attempt to place at least some distance between the two of them. Though the girl to her right couldn't move over much, and complained at Effie's invasion of personal space. Looking extremely uncomfortable she had no choice but to endure it and remain where she was; both her and Rory squished beside each other as more Hufflepuffs joined the table. She remained silent for a moment staring down at her lap as her fingers fidgeted. Looking up at Rory shyly she manages a reserved "Good Morning...Mister Thomson."

Though the smile he bore on his face seemed friendly enough, but possibly a little too friendly in Effie's mind. What could the Head of the Newspaper Club possibly want with her? Her brother had told her to keep away from him, and it only made her even more nervous now that she was face to face with him. Almost as if he had read her mind he asks if she is Wallace's sister, to which she nods lightly to. The mentioning of Alistair quickly bringing a frown to her face. She did not want to talk about him right now, though she couldn't help but grow flustered over the question of them possibly dating. How preposterous was that! Though before Effie could reply the wizard continued feigning a concern for her well being, of course unknown to her was that it's just a ploy to rile a reaction out of her. Which it did. Such blatant accusations were dangerous for more reasons than one, but Effie's mind couldn't help but entertain them. "I uhm...no. I'm not interested in boys...I mean.. I don't do well with...uhm..." she stammers unsure what to even say to such a thing. Out of everything she could be feeling right now she was left perplexed. Was this an attempt at getting back at Alistair for his earlier words? A ploy for her to say something obscene? Did he know about what happened to her? How would he know that? Or was he using this as a way to use her too like he had? To lower her guard by feigning some sort of concern, so he could get closer to her for some sick hidden agenda. Or was it worse than that and there was some truth to this man's words, and Alistair wasn't who she thought he was? It could be possible, he had already changed so much since their childhood. Whose to say that he didn't pick up any other disgusting habits along with his prejudice? Her mind begins to whirl and she could feel the panic starting to rise in her at the realization that she didn't know what to believe. "I think I am going to be sick....." she breathes out quickly, her complexion starting to pale. As her heart began to race along with her thoughts, and her breathing became quick and shallow. Her chest felt incredibly tight and she grasped at her shirt.

Dizzy she didn't notice that the girl next to her had waved over a teacher from the front of the great hall. He was one of the charm's professor, a Mr. Pearce, who approached Effie with a clear look of concern on his face. Effie could feel the man's hand grip her shoulder as he tried to ask her what was wrong, the feeling of the teacher's hand forces her mind back to a scene most unsavory. She's back at home, and in a dark room. A pair of hands squeezing her shoulders and pinning her to the floor beneath her, one of the hands sliding over her mouth as his figure straddles her to keep her down. Effie... she can hear his voice in her ear as if he was there right beside her. No longer knowing where she was Effie immediately slapped his hand from her shoulder and blindly shoves the teacher away from her the best she could. Wide eyed and clearly terrified she leaps up from her seat. "Stay away from me!" she shouts, giving Rory a quick panicked look hinting that her words included him too. Freeing herself from the bench she slips away from Pearce's reach quickly and scurries down the aisle to the Great Hall's large arch way and only exit. Stumbling out of the room she runs off in some random direction to get away from everyone who was no doubt watching the scene if they were not already preoccupied with Alistair and Echo's arguing.

Last edited:
Persephone's sad eyes only made Wallace's heart break for her. He couldn't help but feel like this was something he could have prevented had he tried harder, but Wallace felt it wasn't his place to get involved. Last time they tried discussing Alistair they had a lot of miscommunication issues, since the Head Boy was such a touchy subject for him as well. Looking away a bit sheepishly he suddenly feels a little embarrassed by her words. Wallace didn't think himself as sweet. He wasn't like this with just anyone, mostly his sister. Though he mumbles a short thank you over the compliment all the same. Clearing his throat he waits for Percy's response about Hogsmeade by taking the moment to eat some more of his own food. Finally allowing himself to close his book and notes for the time being he really focuses on giving Percy the attention she needs right now. "Hm." he acknowledges her to keep going as he packs up his belongings quickly, and starts to fix himself a real plate of food. He felt like he hadn't had anything good to eat in days. He pauses for a moment leaning over the breakfast ham he was about to carve a slice from, and looks at her now feeling a little sad himself. "I am sure there are others here that wouldn't mind getting to know you....if you let them." he wanted to encourage her to find more people who cared about her. Surely she had someone other than him from one of her activities. Being her only friend was not something he found joy in, though he appreciated their friendship. He could feel the contempt she had for Alistair now, much like his own. He wanted to say he wished he had done something, but he didn't want to make this situation about him. Even then what could he have done? You can't help who you love. Struggling to find something comforting to say he goes quiet for the moment.

"You can't help who you love. While I like Echo, I can't help but feel like she drove Alistair to do what he did. I don't condone cheating for personal reasons, but....I feel like none of this is really your fault Percy. You were intoxicated, and while I don't think it's right to use it as an excuse, there is no way you would have let that happen had you been sober." He finally says to her. It seems he had made up his mind on the situation. Percy had been as a pawn in a grand chess game. Wallace's icy blue hues finally noticing Rory happening across Echo and Alistair in the distance. His game... Wallace thought to himself infuriated as he stabs at his cut pieces of sliced ham and eats them. He looks away for the moment to drink some of his juice, and as he looks back up he finds the red headed demon is gone just as quickly as he came. Where did that wanker go? Wallace asks himself as he scans the sea of students. No where near, he must be sitting at one of the tables out of sight now. To which the fellow red head sighs and continues with his breakfast. The sound of Effie shouting though startles him, causing him to drop his fork onto his plate. Immediately on alert he stands up and moves away from the table in time to see Effie shoving a teacher away from her and running out the door, as well as the curly haired knob sitting next to the spot she had just fled from. "I am going to fucking kill him." Wallace's expression was menacing, and while his tone was calm his words had a venomous weight to them. It was almost as if he was being serious about the threat. If there was one way to make the Campbell boy see red, it would be to mess with his younger sister. Excusing himself he made a bee line around the Slytherin table to the door of the great hall, but before he leaves he looks back at Rory with a murderous gaze. Then he points at him and says loud enough for him to hear "I will have words with you later Thomson." Every syllabi of Rory's last name dripped with acid, and Wallace hoped it instilled some type of fear in the Ravenclaw. With that he turns away and runs out to look for his sister. Going in the wrong direction he passes a beat up looking Gryffindor and another Ravenclaw whispering to each other...

Last edited:
Red canvas sneakers shift uncomfortably, and dark skinned hands are tucked into the pockets of a snug custom varsity jacket detailed in Gryffindor's house likeness. Deep, vibrant blue eyes look longingly into blank milky ones. He was glad the other was blind, so he wouldn't see him in the state he was in. Though he knew one of his friends must have told him by now. How awful he looked with his black eye, cut lip, and swollen jaw. He had been in a sling the first few days of school, but luckily for this Gryffindor he was due to take it off around mid week. Though it was still sore as hell. None of that didn't really matter to him though. It didn't compare to the pain he felt as he yearned for the affections of someone who didn't want him anymore.

"No Davi, I don't want to keep doing this. You know why we broke up, and if you're not willing to change then please....just stop, okay?"

Those hushed words hurt Davi. A lump formed in his throat, though he dare not speak. He couldn't find the words to say and he felt like he was going to do something he shouldn't in public. His friends would never let him live it down if they caught him teary eyed like he was right now. So he stayed silent, making a small gesture to wipe at his eyes. The boy across him frowned. The silence was all that he needed, and he told him good bye. Davi watched him leave, the raven haired Ravenclaw he had fallen so deeply for, the sound of his walking stick tapping along the school's stone floor slowly growing quiet as the boy made his way into the Great Hall. He was left there to wallow in his own self pity. Running a hand through his hair he sighs frustrated with himself. "Why am I like this?" he says hoarsely, then he tries to clear his throat. Shaking off this feeling of helplessness he decides it's time to sit with the rest of his house for breakfast. Heading in he immeadiately notices one of his house mates Sanguine causing troubles with another, Joan. Really? Couldn't this damn school just go one day with out any drama? Not wanting to deal with it he opts to find his friend Henry. Finally finding him in the crowd Davi looks perplexed at the boy's company. "Is that Rosa?" he asks himself before walking up to them. Not saying much he takes a seat next to Henry, and looks expectantly at the two of them. Though he doesn't say anything. He doesn't want to intrude on their conversation.

Piper Ryeland

Seventh Year, Hufflepuff

Mentions: Lauren Harrison - @Bubbly Potions - Morrigan Quinn @Bubbly Potions - Nibbles NPC
Interactions: Lauren Harrison - @Bubbly Potions

Piper clenched her fist, pressing them against her leaking eyes as Lauren's soft voice fluttered to her. A sting of guilt curled her stomach, not helping her morning to become any better. "I...I-I'm so sorry," She chocked out, releasing deep shuddering breaths as she tried to calm herself. She was a complete mess in so many ways: Loosing Nibbles, waking Lauren and lets not forget all the ruckus happening in their dorm room. However that particular mess she enjoyed, she loved all these animals dearly.

Focusing on that fact and the gentle soothing strokes of Lauren's hand on her back; she finally managed to calm herself and her tears. She'd find Nibbles...everything would be fine...She'd make sure of it.

She sniffled softly as she turned to her dorm mate, her palm brushing against her cheek to wipe away her tears. "I..." She glanced down at her lap, her fingers twining the ends of her messy hair. "I lost Nibbles...I think i left him last night," She said softly, lifted her sad, blue, eyes to her friends. One of her few friends, if she made a habit of waking her in tears that may just change. "I didn't even notice he was gone, his probably scared or..." Her eyes went wide. "What if his been hurt?" What if Morrigan had given him to that cat of her's? She honestly wouldn't put it past her after the incident last night.

"I just, i can't believe i complete lost track of him," She mumbled. She leaned over and gave Lauren a light hug of appreciation, she was quite grateful for the other girls friendship and concern even if she was terrible at showing it at times. "Thank you," She said softly as she drew back."I think I'm going to check the room again," She said softly, as she rolled to her feet to do just that.

While enjoying his blueberry parfait, Tasha heard a sudden crack. Something hit him in the back of his head, the impact knocking him forward.

“Ugh- “He choked, and raised his hand to feel the chunks of fruit in his hair. The culprit? Obviously, the fucking twins. It didn’t surprise him to see their smug faces.

“Aren’t those assholes your friends, Tash?”

“Uh huh.” He groaned, rubbing the tender spot. As always, the Greys were up to their usual antics. But this time around, he couldn’t come to appreciate deep throating his spoon.

“Alright, boys. I’m fucking done here.” Tasha said, wiping his mouth before tossing the napkin on his half-finished plate. Apparently, it was said to no one in particular. All eyes were on the victim of their second pitch. He could hear jaws dropping. Clearly, she wasn’t as lenient as he was. The twins had stepped in shit; and as much as he wanted to laugh at their pain, he wasn’t planning on sticking around.

Tasha shook the water from his hands as he stepped out from bathroom. He had more air to breathe now that he was out of the Great Hall. The energy was pretty crap, and he’d rather not dance with any devils for the day. Catching a flash of red, Tasha turned to see someone familiar.

“Oh! Eff..ie..” Smile fading, he could see the terror storming her expression. He wondered if it would be proper to give the young lady her space.

No. Not with that kind of panic.

Quickly following after her, he approached her with a softer voice.

“Effie.” The last thing he wanted to do was startle her, but the girl was frightened. Raising her hands to defend herself, she reached out towards his face. She was frantic, her eyes and thoughts elsewhere. Her nails had cut his cheek, but he hadn’t flinched.

“Effie.” He said again, his voice calm and leveled. Tasha’s expression didn’t reflect the pain he felt seeing her. The trembling of her small body was enough to break his heart.

“Breathe, darling. Breathe.”

Last edited: