Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Cormorant Garamond; Metamorphous;
art by: atomhawk
Start of Term
September 1st. The start of school for many. Most kids do not look forward to going back to school. And why would they? It's not like they are doing exciting things or learning extraordinary stuff.... or do they?

For most kids getting onboard the red locomotor train, the start of school year didn't promise to be boring. Tough maybe, but boring? Never. Summer had also been equaly interesting and gossips were coming and going. The Chudley Canons had managed to actually win not one, but two! victories before losing the League. Witch Weekly article on a secret love affair between HollyHead Harpies' Seeker and Kenmare Kestrels' Team Captain had been quite the scoop for all young witches who had set their eyes on athletes. Nimbus Company was bound to release their new broomstick sometime after Christmass and Quidditch enthusiasts were on the edge of their seats, debating and speculating on what the new feautures would be and what the designs might have changed from their Nimbus 2000 which was holding its ground as the company's best broomstick yet. A fresh face, or broomstick rather, had been long overdue for the company.

Others were talking about career options and the Hell that was going to be their NEWTs and ideas on how to cope with it. How their summers had been and how their pranks were going to develop further now that they knew more spells. Gossips on who had broken up with whom, summer romance, House Quidditch secrets and news from the Daily Prophet made up an incoherent buzz. The crowd was vibrating with excitement and last minute hugs before the Red train would take the kids to Hogwarts for another magical and whimsical year. One of those gossips, pertained one of their own and a mysterious fire at a Muggle Housing complex less than a month ago. However the kid in question had been able to escape the crowd's attention so far.

In the meantime, the teaching staff was also getting organized for the arrival of the students and the start of another Academic year. There had been changes, seeing how they would have a new Professor for Defense Against the Dark Arts, and there had been vacations and plans to counter the more wild of the students. In a school were kids run around with magic at their fingertips, one could never see what is coming next. Constant vigilence and careful plan of attack was necessary. But also catching up with colleagues was also on the agenta. Not every Professor lived full time at the castle.

Last edited:
Skylar Anderson

COMC Professor
Summer had been a good opportunity for Skylar to go back to her parents and catch with her family and friends from the other side of the Ocean. Owls and magic mirrors were not the same as being physically together with those you loved. It had been great. Dinners out with her family, camping in the Grand Canyon with old schoolmates and looking for many a magical creatures and animals alike to feel in that camera memory and scrapbooks. It had been super cool to say the least.

But why for the love of Merlin had she found it a good idea to apparate straight to Hogwarts after her camping trip had ended and when she had decided on purpose not to sleep so that she would be able to avoid jetlag as much as possible?! By the time she was done with settling in and having a look at the incoming students and course scheduling, she was already beyond what a Wideye potion would do to help her stay awake. So Skylar had sat on one of the comfy armchair in the staff common room and had opened up the latest National Geographic issue. It had some interesting topics and she had hoped her curiosity will keep her awake until it was time for the Starting Feast. She underestimated the power of the armchair and soon, the magazine layed flat on her stomach and the bispectacled professor had been fast asleep, mouth slightly ajar.

Cormorant Garamond; Metamorphous;
art by: Artgerm / Unknown
Virgil Hildegard & Caia Watkins
"Have a good day, sir!"

The tall figure in a long dark coat smirked at the cheerful woman behind the counter, picking up a couple of large paper bags, filled to the brim with sweets.

"Have a good one yourself, thank you," the man responded politely, pushing his way between other patrons, careful not to shove anyone on his way out. Hogsmeade was already full of life in the expectation of a new school year, and as the weather was still enjoyably dry with mild temperatures, plenty of Hogsmeade's dwellers could be seen on the street, chatting in front of the stores, doing a bit of a cleanup, or simply passing through alone, in pairs, in groups. All of that commotion surrounding him sounded pleasant and welcoming. Add to it a few generous greetings thrown his way, and Virgilius Hildegard felt like home; even more so than back with his family in cold and damp forests of Romania. Years ago Hogsmeade, just like almost every other place, was anything but willing to acknowledge his presence with at the very least some politeness. However, years later, things evolved in his favor, and other than his teaching baton it felt like one of the biggest successes he had to date.

Certainly, simply apparating to his final destination would have been a lot more convenient, but as he had a time to spare, he had decided to take the long route for the first time ever since the end of the previous year marked the beginning of other, less fulfilling and more tiring obligations.

The bags filled with candy remained obediently in mid air, following after his tall frame as he reached into the inner pocket of his coat, taking out a tidily wrapped cigarette and bringing it up to his mouth, lighting it with a swift flick of his fingers. The smoke quickly risen and disappeared again with his steps, mixed with a strong scent from shores of the Great Lake, refreshing breeze from pines around the castle, and an exhilarating hint of fresh game in the Forbidden Forest.

"Welcome back, professor," sounded as soon as he was in the close proximity to the entrance. Virgilius paused briefly in front of the older short man, even when the gates opened fully, greeting him back with a nod.
"Wonderful to see you again. And as youthful as always".

The man simply responded with an exaggerated scoff and a wave of his hand. "Ah yes, yes. As alive and bucking as a hippogriff".
"Good, good. Very good," Virgil mused and smirked briefly before he stepped onto the Hogwarts grounds.

Certainly not much has changed on the outside of and around the Hogwarts castle, but that fact itself brought peace to Virgil's mind. There was nothing worse than missing out, and greeting everything the way he left it made him feel like nothing was missed. Time was standing still for Hogwarts in the best possible way.

Insides were already comfortably heated up and prepared, albeit a bit too much for his taste thus he hurried to take off his coat as soon as the warmth reached him on his way in. He quickly made his way through the ground floor and descended into the dungeons, paying a visit to his chambers for a bit of preparation before he would join his colleagues in the common room. Still having some nice time left until youngsters would arrive, he took his precious time. Being just as he left it, Virgil welcomed a sight of a dark room now lighten up by candles in the corner, filled with books and vial seemingly never ending. Adding a slightly more appealing touch over the years to the otherwise dull room that awaited him at the very beginning, it now looked rather comfortable and welcoming, even for the average mortal's taste. A tasteful break from monotone thematic stretching over the rest of the Dungeons. With a quick refreshment in his private chambers, his glasses in place, his vest and shirt straightened up and his sleek long hair neatly collected into a low ponytail, Virgil once more lifted the bags up into the air, making his way back up to the ground floor, heading for the staff room.

"Woo!" The excited shout echoed above his head, somewhere in between the moving stairs, followed by a row of displeased groans from the paintings on the walls of the Grand Staircase.

"How rude!"
"Stares are to be used, miss!"
"Knock it off with the noise, ay!"

But that was just the thing. In fifteen years of time he had known her, she just couldn't help herself. Almost as per usual, he was at the bottom of the stairs just as she came down thundering through the hall, expecting her with a mildly amused face. Sometimes the landing was rather admirable. The other times... One never knew what they would get by just standing and waiting for it.

"Yeah!" It sounded again now closer, as the sliding became rougher and more obvious. Sure enough, after a few moments more, a trace of bright orange hair passed above his head, then disappeared around the corner, then appeared again, descending down the railings at the obvious dismay of paintings and staff. But the day he'd hear that miss Watkins cared, would be the day he retires.

"Woah! Heads up down there!" The woman shouted out again once Virgil appeared in her field of vision as she slid quickly down the last line of railings, rushing towards him. By then, he knew the drill. Just as she reached the ending of the slide, Virgil made a swift step aside, with the redhead flying past him, lifting the broom upwards for a breaking maneuver that had her stop in a cloud of dust, just inches away from the opposite wall.

"That's what I'm talking about! I've always wanted to do that!" She exclaimed cheerfully, resting the broom by her side as she turned back towards Virgil, dusting herself off. "So you did every previous year, miss Watkins," he responded with a smirk, getting a hold of bags swayed by the gust of wind she created.

"No, no but listen! THIS time! This time I've used a normal sweeping broom," miss Watkins explained, lifting up a worn out sweeping broom above her head which had Virgil simply cock his eyebrow and blink at her. "That is all wonderful, but I have to admit I expected at the very least a dislocated shoulder and few swears I haven't heard so far. I must admit it was slightly anticlimactic".

"Bloody hell you are a pain Hildegard, you know that?" Caia Watkins shook her head, approaching him with a mild frown that turned into a wide flashy grin by the time she stepped in front of him. "But for some odd reason, I've missed that emo attitude of yours. Good to see you!" She greeted him with an exaggerated salute, clicking her heels together, her bright blue orbs quickly falling onto the bags in his arms. "And what do we have here?" She asked reaching into one of the bags, pulling out a fizzing whizzbee with a grin. "Fine choice, my good man!"

"And I would prefer for others to judge the same, so please take it easy," Virgil interrupted her attempt of stealing another one by pulling the bag closer. "Let us have these make it to the staff room, shall we?"

"Ah. Just like I've said. Pain! Ultimate pain, Hildegard. You are killing me!"

And just as she opened her mouth to give that one piece of candy a taste, Caia's coat was pulled lightly a couple of times, ad she turned her attention to the side, coming face to face with a house elf, crossing his arms as well as his forehead at the sight of his missing broom in madam Watkins' hands.

"I am telling you it was the best! You should have seen it"!

"Yes, yes I suppose," Virgil responded briefly with a smirk, as he opened the door to the staff room, letting miss Watkins enter first.

"I have never been so early in my entire life!" Caia groaned, stretching upwards and entering the room with Virgil following close behind, only making a detour to store the bags on the table in the corner for later. "That I believe you," he jested as she dropped into one of the chairs in the middle of the room, meant for a comfortable chat among the professors.

"Oh my..." Caia sounded in more hushed tone, quickly followed by muffled snickering. "You won't believe what I found," she mumbled in amusement, leaning towards the sleeping figure on the opposite chair. "A rare species, in her natural habitat, in her favorite past time activity," she announced dramatically, lifting the magazine slowly off the woman with amused expression once she came face to face with that unflattering drop of jaw.

"Oh she is like a sweet little baby," she continued snickering as Virgil stepped into the circle observing the sleeping professor. "How can she sleep like so is what I would like to know. It is fascinating really". Virgil shook his head briefly, returning to brewing his first coffee for the day, speaking back to Caia in a calm moderate tone with respect to their tired colleague as his attention was on the brew.

"Be a dear and leave her alone. The feast is approaching and we would want all of us to be at our best. Wouldn't we?"

"Sure sure. Absolutely," Caia responded with a rush, only partially listening while the majority of her attention was still on miss Anderson. She had to focus after all. Those mustache wouldn't be drawing themselves.
[/div]

Last edited:
Euphoria Script; IM Fell Great Primer; Fjord One;
x
Adelaide Rosier

Hogwarts, Courtyard to the Faculty Room. Mood: Exhausted & Anxious.
Three days ago Adelaide got out of St. Mungos. Only bandages suggesting the devastating end of the last mission she had returned from that had kept her confined for a month.

Twelve hours ago Sinan from the Wizengamot Administration Services asked Adelaide if she was interested in a goodbye dinner. Adelaide refused, knowing that she had one last report to finish before her career as an auror concluded. She was far too busy, and had yet to visit the grave of her former partner, which she did eight hours ago during a small break.

Six hours past the former auror handed in her last report to her department head, said her goodbyes and took the carriage prepared for the travel. She slept in the hard chairs and to the constant movement, waking up to the sight of the castle on the horizon not even ten minutes before landing.

In the courtyard headmaster Pyre stood. A wide smile on his face as he helped the woman out of the vehicle. A hand waved to move her luggage out of the carriage as well, sending the flying object away to the stables before leading the newly appointed professor into the school.

"You certainly do cut it short, miss Rosier," the man chuckled, targeting her day of arrival and the manner of it.

The brunette just curtsied at that, greeting the headmaster before raising up again. "I like keeping busy," she responded, and that was just the entire truth of it.

Even after all these years Hogwarts hadn't changed. Not in appearance or character. The grand staircase was as tedious as always, though the principal seemed to be doing a good job at managing the stairs to his bidding.

"Did you stop your entire auror career?" the old man asked, wasting no time to put the finger on a sore spot.

Gulping Adelaide trained her eyes on the portraits, trying to recall who lived in which frame and what their stories were once more.

"Not entirely," she responded, letting go of a breath. "You know how difficult they get, especially in times like these," Adelaide frowned at that, her lips pulled into a line. "Though they have promised to respect my wish to prioritise my position within Hogwarts," she reassured, though both Pyre and Adelaide knew that this promise ultimately meant nothing. The headmaster didn't push the topic further, however only humming in response as if satisfied.

Mischievously the headmaster explained to Adelaide how he had informed the school of the arrival of a new professor, but had neglected to tell anyone who the professor was. Adelaide could only chuckle at that before appreciating his need to keep her identity under wraps. After all, the female wasn't sure if her heart could take it if she were to be rejected before even entering the school.

It truly felt like a homecoming. Albeit empty, for the woman had lost so much.

"You have matured beautifully, miss Rosier," headmaster Pyre pulled the newly anointed professor out of her thoughts, gesturing towards an equally familiar door that lead to the faculty room. "Now go on and greet the rest," he urged before striding in himself with the usual bombardier.

Taking in a deep breath Adelaide straightened her shoulders as she folded her arms to her back. Striding into the room she could hear the room growing quiet at her appearance, though she didn't dare to meet any eyes, especially not that of a certain redhead.

"-- I will leave the introductions to your new colleague," the headmaster finished up his opening, eyes still twinkling as he watched the reactions and emotions unfold.

"Adelaide Rosier," barely holding herself back from scraping her throat Adelaide managed to speak in a clear and confident voice, though she felt far from confident. "As many may know, I'm the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Before that I was making a career as an auror straight after my graduation from Hogwarts itself as a Ravenclaw," she continued, a shadow of a smile crossing her lips. The bitter memory of the last words she exchanged with Caia swelling up again, but quickly suppressed for the sake of continuing.

"It is good to be back," she finished with a sigh and that she meant from the bottom of her heart.

Last edited:
Art by: Prince Canary
Wilbur Langley
Outfit: Will's Outfit Here!
Tags: @Ritual Lobotomy @DayDreamer @Nemopedia
Notes: I'm a bit rusty with my son. Please forgive.
There laid Wilbur Langley, History of Magic and Ancient Studies professor, sprawled out his bed surrounded by lesson plans, revised lesson plans, and revisions of those revisions. The young male slept peacefully on his bed with all the grace of a discombobulated deer. No, this poor man had spent his night pouring over his class introduction presentations. He did this to himself every year. He arrived way before he was needed to get back into the feel of things, to find his groove if you will. He wanted everything to be perfect for his students. Heavens forfend if he didn't deliver his absolute best to those young world changers.

It was that pressure that he constantly put on himself that allowed him to stay grounded and motivated even when he didn't have much left to give. It was his duty to instruct the younger generation and lead them to become the people of tomorrow. The ones that the adults, including himself now, could rely on later in their old age. The ones who would be entrusted the world. If he didn't do his part now he was practically damming them to failure. Perhaps he was being a bit over dramatic but when one devotes their life to studying the habits of those in the past one also learns to not repeat the mistakes of their predecessors.

Theatrics aside, the young professor had stayed up way past his bed time and found himself exhausted even as the sun's rays pierced the skies. He had thought to himself that he would just stay awake, that way he would just be able to fix his sleeping schedule later. However he soon lost that battle and caved into his circadian rhythm. What was intended to be a mere few hours of sleep turned into a mini coma and that is how Will was found currently. A soft buzzing noise startled the white cat awake. Yawning the cat stretched it's limbs now that it was fully awake and alert, moving to sit beside it's master as he slept. That is till the buzzing sounded again, tearing the cat's attention away from the sleeping human and into the air as the cat locked onto it's target; the fly.

The fly made the poor judgement of landing on top of Wilbur's empty mug. Still within perfect sight of the white furred huntress on the prowl. The cat lowered herself as she waited, ready to pounce at a moments notice. She inched closer and closer till.....CRASH! The cat pounced on the table to smack the cup where the fly rested. Her speed was quick and her accuracy on par with professionals seeing as she managed to kill the fly with her strike. Proud of herself the cat licked her paw as she rested atop of the professor's desk. However, poor Wilbur was startled awake. He bolted straight up into a seated position, eyes squinting as he tried to take in his surroundings. His clothes were a mess, all wrinkled and crumpled. His shirt was riding up showing a bit of his torso and his hair was unruly. He also managed to have a paper stuck to his face with what could only be assumed as drool. "What?" The male groaned in a husky baritone as he reached for his spectacles.

Once they were on he was able to see once more and he could finally take in his surroundings properly. His eyes drifted down to the shattered mug on the floor before shifting to it's culprit perched on his desk. "Really Duchess?" Will asked in a exasperated tone as he stretched, his muscles tensing and cracking as he did so. The young man peeled the paper from his face before muttering 'Reparo' under his breath and watched as the broken pieces of the mug mended itself. Lifting up his glasses he rubbed at his eyes before sliding them back up the bridge of his nose. That's when he noticed the time. The light of day was much different than he had left it. Reaching on his desk under a pile of papers he found his watch. "Shi--" He began to curse before he was interrupted by a timely meow on Duchess's part. "I'm going to be late, you should've woken me." Will lightly joked as the cat tilted her head to the side in confusion. He reached to pet her a few times before gathering some things and washing up in his private chambers.

Will tugged at his tie as he loosened it up a bit. He had been in a rush so he didn't have time to properly give himself a once over before he left, but he assumed he looked alright for now. He straightened the collar of his royal blue blazer and adjusted the cuffs of his oxford dress shirt. Checking his watch once more he thanked Merlin that he wasn't running too far behind. How embarrassing would it have been if he had managed to sleep through the feast. He would've never heard the end of that. A soft trill sounded behind the man as he made his way through the corridors to the faculty room. He glanced behind him to see that Duchess was following him. "Didn't want to be by yourself hm? I can understand," He said with a crooked smirk.

Once the pair arrived he could hear voices from further in. Not wanting to make too much of a commotion he opened the door as quietly as he could, managing to slip inside with Duchess in tow. He nodded a curt greeting to everyone in the room before clearing his throat a bit. "Afternoon everyone." He said politely before bowing his head and walking over to where he smelled a fresh pot of coffee brewing. He needed that desperately if it was to survive until the feast.

Last edited:
Dancing Script; Nova Slim; Hind
7pysIjp.png
Melinda Geralds
London, Platform 9 3/4th into the Hogwarts Express. Mood: Excited, Delighted & Surprised.
With special thanks to @Ritual Lobotomy for reviewing Branok, but also a tag to her for Glesni.

Students and parents alike all flocked together. The nervous first years that were looking around for familiar faces as they said their parents goodbye. The excited seniors that donned their robes one last time, along with the proud newly appointed prefects.

Amongst them was Melinda Geralds, sixth year prefect and head girl in running for the seventh. When the news reached her parents they couldn't beam any prouder. The difficult Gryffindor had proven herself more than once to be a handful, but she had gotten there and no one could deny the glee of her hard work.

"Melinda," a voice behind the girl spoke. Dignified and familiar, rising over the murmurings of the crowd and drowning out the rest. Widening her eyes Melinda was quick to turn around, excitement clear on her face as she felt her parents' hands reach out to her shoulders. No doubt equally as proud and excited.

Branok Carrow approached the Geralds family, a sparse smile playing around his lips. Acknowledging both parents with a nod the male turned to the shorter female, a gloved hand reaching out which Melinda quickly took to shake. Instead Branok turned her hand as he bowed his head, placing a kiss on top of it.

"Pardon my intrusion," the man spoke, deftly hiding his glee over the shock of the Geralds. Raising up the man folded his arms behind his back once more. "I just wanted to express my gratitude for a role model in Hogwarts like Melinda," the man continued. "How proud you must be as parents," Branok followed turning towards her parents who only curtsied and bowed at the high praise they received.

"Truly, you have done a wonderful job in teaching Melinda the right values," the man continued before he reached into his pocket and pulled out a flat square box. Melinda's eyes followed the box that was suspiciously heading close for her, a feeling of bewilderment settling in as she returned her attention to Branok.

"Oh, don't be nervous, please," Branok chuckled at the look of confusion in Melinda's face before placing the box in her hand. "When I heard of your candidacy as Head Girl I couldn't help but feel as if my own daughter got elected, hence I was unable to hold myself back from bringing you a small gift," the man explained himself, eyes crinkling into a wider smile as he released Melinda's hand finally.

Gulping the Gryffindor traced the bow over the box, eyes flickering over between Branok and her parents before returning to the box. "Thank you, sir Carrow," she managed to get out after a touch from her mother. Carefully she unwrapped the gift, revealing a golden engraved medallion. "I shall cherish it," Melinda continued, letting his words sink in as she tried not to seem too eager or excited. Within her mind she was ecstatic, however mentally jumping and screaming up and down. Branok had referred to her like his own daughter. The Branok Carrow. As if she, Melinda Geralds, was his own daughter. Both Melinda and her parents couldn't think of any higher praise than Branok's words and gift.

"Ah, but before I leave you alone with your parents once more," Branok pulled Melinda out of her thoughts, exchanging a look with her parents as if in a silent agreement. "Can I have a word with you, please?" the man curtly bowed to Melinda, startling the Gryffindor a little as she wondered what it could be that Branok possibly would want to discuss with her.

The hands of her parents clenched around her shoulders tighter, encouraging her as her confidence soared. Without a glance to them she felt them leave her side and alone with Branok. She assumed that she would find them later with Patrick, her younger brother who was in his fourth year, while she wrapped up her business. Not trusting her voice she gave Branok a quiet nod as she waited for what he had to say.

"Melinda," he sighed, seemingly tired which startled the girl. "As you may know I have been keeping a close eye on you," Branok smiled, ensuring her that it wasn't she who was in trouble. "You have left a lasting impression on the social events, and proven yourself to be a smart and capable within Hogwarts," he praised her to which Melinda could only blush at. "Such an accomplished and competent witch is rare these times," Branok continued to sing his praises of Melinda as the Gryffindor only hoped that her face wasn't betraying her.

"Which is why I hope, if I may be so brazen with you," the man finally got to the point, though Melinda could barely hear him as her mind was still mulling over the earlier parts of his monologue.

"That you would befriend my daughter Glesni and keep her out of harm's way."

Melinda had heard of Glesni Carrow, the new transfer from last year. No one had seemed to be able to get close to her, not even Melinda who had tried to reach out several times. A bitter defeat especially accompanied with the fact that it was a halfblood who had managed to break through the transfer's walls. Melinda could already guess to what was plaguing Branok's mind to which she couldn't blame him for.

"Glesni has been having trouble adjusting, it seems. After all she transferred schools so suddenly, which is never easy," Branok filled in the blanks for Melinda who nodded along with his words. The expression of concern on Branok's face copied onto that of the Gryffindor.

"And then there is the fact that the board has approved a new DADA teacher who has already thrown over the curriculum," he continued with a lament in his voice. This wasn't news to Melinda either as she had heard her parents complain about the new professor. Something about the new teacher being a graceless and faithless figure. Though, the identity of the teacher had been kept strictly under wraps, which made the whole situation seem all the more suspicious.

"I know it is unfair to saddle this upon you, but I really don't know who else to ask," Branok continued, his hand grasping Melinda's arm gently as he implored her. "But, please watch over my daughter Glesni? Show her the right path and be her role model, maybe even a sister?"

Taken aback Melinda only nodded once more at the man, her mind looking for the right words as she clenched the little box inside of her hands.

"I promise to try my best," she finally managed to get out. An answer that pleased Branok who flashed her another wide smile.

"I knew I could count on you."

With that swirling in her mind Melinda returned to her parents who busied themselves with lecturing their children sternly. They had finally caught Branok's attention and intended to remain in his good graces, for this could only mean good things for the Geralds.

By the time she finally boarded the locomotive Melinda had already stipulated a plan for herself. Determined she marched past the cabins in search for a certain Slytherin that was sure to board this train as well. This time --no, this year even-- Glesni wasn't going to escape her so easily.
7pysIjp.png

Last edited:
Unknown
Ashley Shafiq
Excited and in tempo

Platform 9 3/4 was buzzing with excitement and so was a certain young Ravenclaw. Despite having left dear friends and love behind her, she kept those summer memories close to heart to not feel depressed for losing the sun and the freedom the African plains had provided her with. Instead she was energetically walking next to her father and stepmother who had both come to say goodbye to her. And she wasn't just walking, she was also clapping and tapping on her legs. Having watched "The Greatest Showman" during the summer had left her with a few tunes stuck in her head. And she found no other song more appropriate for this moment than "The Greatest show".

They were about to begin a new school year in a school that was never doing the same thing twice. There was always something new, something exciting and the magic was the stuff of dreams. "Woah, woah, woah." Tap! Pause!Tap! Tap! Pause! "Woah, woah, woah." Tap! Pause! Tap! Tap! Pause! "Woah, woah, woah." Her father rolled his eyes at her antics. "Ashley please, I know you are excited but there is no reason to spontaneous combust into song." He reprimanded her. "Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for " Came Ashley's mischievous reply before she dropped her little act, pulling Silvermist, her Egyptian Mau half-Knizzle, in a hug and close to her chest. Her trunk was about to be taken and she would find it waiting for her at her dorm. The privilege of coming from an influencial Pureblood family. You didn't have to drag your trunk around like all other students. However the deal did not include pets and Ashley would have objected regardless.

"Father, I know you are still annoyed about my hair, but you know my singing is nothing that will bring troubles for you. Just let me have a little fun. It's Hogwarts. Magic. Can't get more exciting than that." She argued and received a stern look from her father. "There is a time and place for performances and that is not it." He corrected her with finality and she sighed. "Fine." She knew better than to argue that he should tell that to the Muggles and their ingenious Flash Mob performances in public spaces. But he really should tell that to the Muggles! But non-magic folk were a sensitive subject in the Shafiq Household and Ashley had realized that no matter how solid of an argument she can make, her father will never change his mind about it.

"I will see you at Christmas Break! I better go and find an empty compartment before everything is full." She was quick to disappear after a small curtsie and a hug goodbye from both her father and her step-mother. Though they were very brief because Silvermist didn't enjoy being in a hug sandwhich for more than a second. As soon as she was in the train, Silvermist jumped from her lap and padded proudly ahead. Ashley grinned.
"Been searching in the dark, your sweat soaking through the floor (woah)
And buried in your bones there's an ache that you can't ignore
Taking your breath, stealing your mind

And all that was real is left behind"
She kept singing as she burst into small dance moves whenever she had enough space and she felt the beat take over. Blue hair swaying with her moves.

Last edited:
Glesni Carrow

Doll Face
"Every hurt is strength acquired."

It seemed as if the drive to the train station lasted a small eternity. After first few minutes of it, Glesni was somewhat relieved her father had no interest in starting up any conversation, because there were things his mouth were capable of that made the long silence between father and his daughter a mutual, comfortable experience. She stared her time through the car window, focused on the passing scenery, her mind occupied elsewhere.

Eventually enough, the car stopped and the driver quickly stepped out, rushing to open the door to her father on which she simply rolled her eyes, getting her door opened herself. She slipped out of the car, pulling her backpack out with her, heading towards the trunk and reaching to open it herself while the driver was busy humoring mister Carrow. Said impatience finally earned her a stern silent glare from the tall dark haired wizard in his forties. Popping the trunk open, she returned the glare with a slight annoyance in her shrug. "What?" she asked impatiently, making Branok frown as he took her appearance in with a disappointed scoff before he simply turned and headed into the train station. It was more than clear message to her. Casual oversized hoodie and torn jeans she sported often reminded Branok of the homeless, and he never failed to remind her of it one way or the other.

Awkwardly torn between the two, Carrow's personal driver rushed to Glesni while she was pulling out a large suitcase out of car's trunk.

"Miss, let me help-"

"I am fine!" Glesni interrupted him and it came out louder than she had originally planned, making the man jumped slightly and step back as she violently tugged and pulled the suitcase out dropping it to the ground with a curse, right after reaching down and lifting it up. "I can handle my own damn luggage, thank you!" she responded in slight distress, pulling it after herself towards the station. The girl stopped only briefly, sighing and turning back to face the concerned face of the man that just wished to help. "Look, I am sorry, okay? I didn't mean it. It's just I-"

"That is completely fine, miss Carrow", the man responded quickly with a sympathetic smile. "I understand."

Within the station, Glesni had long lost the sight of her father already. Not like she made any additional effort to catch up however. As it usually was, they've already said to each other everything they had to say earlier that morning and as far as she was concerned, it was just about enough of their communication for an entire year. Winded up from all of it, once on the proper platform, Glesni sighed and dropped the suitcase down, taking a seat on it as she rummaged through ger backpack, checking whether all of the things packed were in order.

"And where do you think you're going without this?" vibrant female voice sounded behind her and Glesni perked up fast, turning backwards to face the tall young woman, dressed in equally casual clothes, holding a covered dome-like cage. Ravena Fawley grinned widely at her niece, letting her take over the cage. With a smirk, Glesni peeked under the cover to see the sleeping flying fox, hanging curled up off the dome.

"Oh so he did survive. Impressive!" Glesni jested, putting the cage down gently.

"Hey now, listen!" Ravena protested. "He even gained some pounds. I've spoiled that bat."

"Well that is the issue, isn't it?"

With an eye roll, Ravena quickly pulled Glesni into a rather generous, somewhat suffocating hug. Regardless of Glesni's protests, Raven only dropped her down when she decided she had enough. "Ready for the sixth?" she asked optimistically, but it was met with a meek smirk at the best.

"No. Not at all. Between the two evils, however..." Glesni responded with a shrug.

"Hey", Ravena quickly and efficiently got the girl's attention with her tone changing to serious and caring. "You got this. You are doing great."

"Here's to hoping."

Right on cue for it, Hogwarts Express sounded loudly with a warning to begin boarding.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
Milonga; Rufina; Open Sans;
August Yilmaz
London, Platform 9 3/4th into the Hogwarts Express. Excited, but annoyed.
Interaction: Romeo an NPC & Glesni @Ritual Lobotomy
x
Summer had soared past him. No more the bleating of the sheep, no more sunny weathers and fragrant meals filled with spices. The holidays had been too short for August to explore the area his grandparents lived in and to study all of the study material Lucine, his twin, had spent her previous school year with.

Though that didn't mean that the Turk was any less excited to start his sixth year at Hogwarts. He just could do with better weather.

"Sucks to be you, starting so early," a dark haired female teased August. Green eyes, with the same tanned skin, Lucine was practically the spitting image of her younger twin brother. Just female, with long dark hair waving down to her waist. She had another week before her muggle education would start, a thought over which August didn't feel any envy over.

"Have fun helping dad," August quipped right back, to which Lucine frowned. That did indeed sting, the labours of a migrant family was not to be underestimated even with an extra week of summer to enjoy and the siblings knew.

"Haha," Lucine squinted her eyes at her brother before pulling him into a warm hug. "Keep the sugar out of your hair and bring me some love potions, 'kay?" she joked before letting August go.

After saying goodbye to both his parents August boarded the train, quickly finding himself a comfortable cabin to sit in. Though, alone he didn't remain for long. As soon as he found himself seated the jolly face of his friend Romeo popped up around the corner.

"Aye, friend! How was your summer?" the Gryffindor entered the cabin, letting himself fall into the comfortable seats as he folded his arms behind his head.

Before August could even answer a pair of girls he recognised from Astronomy club slid into the cabin as well. With a blush dusting their faces they asked if there was room for them, an answer that was obviously answered with the empty space still remaining. It seemed that his little peace wasn't going to last long. A shame, really as August did like his friend; Romeo. Just not the girls that had followed after him, giggly as they were.

Turning his head to the window the Ravenclaw was about to settle himself for a long ride before noticing yet another familiar face in the crowd passing.

"Glesni!" August quickly called, standing up to hang out of his cabin. Waving to the Slytherin girl the male hoped that she would come and join him for their ride to Hogwarts. It would certainly make his time more enjoyable.

Lovers Quarrel; Duru Sans; Marvel;
x
Ondine Fear

London, Platform 9 3/4th into the Hogwarts Express. Mood: Excited with sweets. Interactions: Lady Fear, Melinda Geralds (briefly) & Ashley Shafia @DayDreamer
"Ondine, must you take that bag with you?"

Lady Fear stared down at Ondine who was holding a brown paper bag from which a sweet scent escaped. "It doesn't befit the image of a lady," she continued judgmentally, hand reaching out for the bag the blondine posing as her daughter held.

The Hufflepuff flinched, taking a step back as she held her bag tighter in arms. "No," she responded, her voice small trying to find her confidence in front of the woman she called 'mother'. "No, mother," she quickly corrected herself taking a step back.

The woman let go of a sigh, realising that pressuring any further would cause a scene.

"Fine, as you wish," the woman clipped as she ran a hand through her hair, curiously blonde as well just like Ondine's, but a different shade. Letting go of another sigh the woman signed for Ondine to relax, her eyes rolling ever so slightly. "Just behave."

With that Ondine was left alone on the platform, free to board the train as she wished. Letting go of a deep sigh the female closed her eyes for a few moments, opening them once more before forcing a smile on her face and boarding.

Walking down the path of the wagon Ondine was greeted from all sides by familiar faces, a greeting returned to each one of them. She didn't sit with any of them, however, continuing down her path.

"Hello Ondine," came Melinda's voice. Down the path came the Gryffindor prefect, already dressed in her school uniform and ready for the school year. Usually the dark haired Gryffindor seemed to be eager to network with the Hufflepuff, but not this time as Melinda brushed right past Ondine without hearing the response. Not that Ondine minded this, the prefect was difficult to handle and Ondine didn't have the energy to deal with Melinda as appropriate.

It was soon after her short encounter with Melinda that Ondine finally found a friendly face. One that was just as distracted, but in a different manner, and looking different as well.

"Ashley?" Ondine's voice pitched into a question, not sure what she was seeing as blue waves were swaying side to side. The voice was unmistakable and the movements were undoubtedly that of the Ravenclaw. Everything screamed Ashley and Ondine made a leap towards her friend tackling the now blue-haired female into a hug. The bag of sweets she carried with her carefully held at a distance so that it wouldn't squeeze in the movements.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Akira Kurusu, Persona 5
Felix Butler

Leon Croi

"Doc, please! I don't have time for this!" Voice echoed through an empty male dorm in the Gryffindor tower. Fat brown rat still refused to cooperate, staring down at the overgrown irish standing at the base of a wardrobe, small neatly wrapped box hanging off its mouth.

"You had yours. Now give it back!" To no avail, Felix Butler tried to reason with the creature, slightly unnerved for the well-being of the box's content. "You know I cannot get another one now. I need that one!" The rat still stared, not moving, with only his nose making light twitching movements as he explored the content from the outside of the box. How stupid was it that he had managed to preserve the entirety of gifts brought back from his adventure only for them to fall hostage to his overly curious rodent. Groaning in slight annoyance, Felix reached upwards, trying to grab his pet as the rat swiftly avoided his slender fingers.

"Just... Stand still!" Felix protested chasing after him blindly. "Those are for Ains. Not for you!" Swatting the hand across the top of the wardrobe, he managed to swipe Doc gently over the edge, causing the rat to squeal in disapproval as it bolted down the wardrobe and across the room towards the door left slightly ajar.

"No. No no no come back!" Felix shouted, stumbling after the rat out of the dorm. "Merlin's beard, when I get ye!"

Doc made a swift turn down the hall, causing Felix to stumble and bounce off of wall before he resumed his pursuit down into the Gryffindor common room, struggling to get his wand out of his hoodie.

"AHA!" He exclaimed triumphantly, lifting his wand upwards. "Now you've done- IIIIIT!" In a blink of an eye, his foot slipped off one of the stairs, and the lanky Gryffindor found himself quickly descending downwards, his bottom generously feeling each and every stair down to the base. Setting his priorities straight, the Beanstalk quickly focused his wand at the zigzagging rodent and cast levicorpus, interrupting his run just as he was about to slide through the crack in the entrance, under the portrait.

Letting out an audible sigh of relief, Felix swished his wand and the rat suspended in midair, upside down, moved towards him until he was at hand's reach. opening his hand under the animal, Felix glared at Doc with an unamused expression behind the crooked glasses and a messy hair. "I'll be taking that, thank ye." As stubborn as he was, Doc refused to give the box back, until Felix resorted to quickly shaking him up and down until he finally grew dizzy and dropped the package into Felix's hand. "Much appreciated," he smirked as he slowly rose off the floor with a groan and a dull pain in his back and behind. "Hope yer happy, champ", he chuckled through the pain, rubbing the sore area as he headed up the stairs once again. "Bruised me bloody bum because of ye".

The day started with quite the bang. Quite literally. However, the tall Irish still had more than enough time to prepare for the most exciting events of them all; getting back all his lasses and lads, and then some more fresh blood. Arguably, he was in the best mood for it in a while. Summer was quite eventful and exciting but also tiring. The experience of it however, stuck to him like Doc did on chocolate and that bloody said something. For once, he was more than happy and just as much impatient to present his finished essay as soon as possible. Who knows what kind of magic she worked with, but professor Anderson certainly figured how to keep his attention on what mattered and it showed. Or maybe perhaps the Beanstalk finally matured... at least somewhat?

Nah. Magic was a much more fun answer.

Last edited:
Caia Watkins

Miss Magpie
Hogwarts Castle; Faculty Room

And so they ended up being perfect. So much so that Caia felt a ridiculous amount of pride over something as minimal, buzzing through her mind as she removed the pen. Well now perhaps it was to be partially attributed to professor Anderson's wonderfully filled cupid's bow, but the bottom line was, Anderson was not quite there to take the credit and somehow it was hard to believe she even would therefore, they were free for grabs and Miss Magpie was a generous adopter of credits without a cause. A philanthropist in that sense, really. Nicely curved and neatly thin, drawn on mustache looked rather charming on Skylar's face and so Caia grinned widely at the sight, popping the lid back in place. Sometimes, old school was the best school.

And just like that, at the sound of the lid closing, the door to the Faculty Room opened almost at the same time. Startled by the fact that she might as well be busted or that professor Anderson could dart awake at the sound, Caia launched the pen out of her grasp in panic.

"Oh f-", she bit her tongue as she juggled the pen that stubbornly kept bouncing off of her fingertips for a few moments that seemed to last a small eternity before she finally managed to grab a hold of it with both of her hands, quickly hiding it out of sight between the cushions of her seat as she jumped up in almost military stance. Now, it often takes a human brain a moment to switch its attention from one situation to the other in order to fully comprehend it. Especially when that human was Caia Watkins, that very process was accompanied by a rather unconvincing halfway serious expression as she observes her surroundings for clues of that other situation she should be acknowledging. Only this time, it wasn't quite as hard.

The headmaster spoke up briefly, referring to the newcomer, but really they were all aware by now that it was merely a polite way to tell them to pay the damn attention. But the old man did not have to tell the Ember twice. Not even the first time was necessary. As soon as she had the newcomer in her field of vision, even though her eyes did not quite recognize the figure on instant, her mind stopped rushing, forcing her gaze to rest on the young woman, awkwardly fixated. Later on, she could have sworn her mouth were awkwardly opened just slightly as if only the stare wasn't awkward enough.

Adelaide Rosier. With it the woman had confirmed what the ginger was thinking. As many may know... Defense Against the Dark Arts professor... Blah blah yah dee dah...

Auror.

At the sound of the word, Caia snapped out of her trans with a barely visible shake of her head, averting her gaze only for the moment before lifting it back up almost sheepishly at the...

Ravenclaw.

...She knew very well. Standing there in the middle, surrounded by armchairs, dressed in simple dull jeans and oversized bright red sweater, she must have looked like nothing more than that very same teenager she was when she saw Adelaide for the last time. Well. Correction. When she SPOKE with Adelaide for the last time. Thinking of it now, it all seemed so bloody stupid. Pathetic, even. But that was what she was. As if her life choices until that very day did not tell that exact same story. And then, there was Adelaide.

It is good to be back.

Once more, Caia's wandering gaze landed on the former Ravenclaw, this time softer, somewhat defeated, brief.

In respect to the headmaster keeping their new colleague a company, expecting them to have at least that much courtesy to make her welcome comfortable, madam Watkins swallowed a lump forming in her throat, making her way forward, closer to the newcomer quietly, without the usual ruckus she would make with every new and old face walking through that door. But Miss Magpie wore her heart on her sleeve all the time, without the exception. She never played out an emotion she didn't feel. That was Virgil's gig, and sometimes she found herself being almost sickishly envious of the impenetrable walls he had built. At the same time however, she felt bad for him for that very same reason.

She stopped at the arms reach away, in front of her former colleague debating on how to proceed. She seemed rather professional. Formal. Cold. But it was something she always used to do when she was nervous and wouldn't let it show. Was she nervous? Why would she be the one to be nervous? Shouldn't the biggest mess up in the room be the one to tremor in front of everyone else?

"Hi." It finally rolled out of Caia's mouth, perhaps sounding colder than she intended, but after years of not speaking to the woman, she was no longer sure what a proper 'hi' would even sound like. But certainly, it was not like that. It dawned to her only for the brief moment that she no longer quite knew this woman. They grew up, went their different ways, drifted apart in the ugliest way and who was to blame? And did it even matter after so long? She knew nothing, and it was terrifying. But if there was one thing madam Watkins was darn good at, it certainly was breaching her own limits and in that spirit, an awkward moment of silence after a simple greeting turned into an extended arm and a ready handshake. "Welcome b-"

The door opened again. That bloody door would be the end of her one of those days. Curious of it regardless of the mission at hand, Caia turned her head slightly aside, acknowledging another familiar face she had already seen the evening before, but was glad to see again as if it was the first time after the summer. Professor Langley walked in with his beloved cat, formally greeting all of those present, and immediately aimed for the coffee brew in the neighbor room into which professor Hildegard disappeared some time ago. As per usual.

But just that small moment of thought being derailed from its main course in Caia's head, dragged her on the other side of the vision for another perception. He too had changed over time and yet not much had changed at all. None of the important things that is. Those that truly made him who he was. A valuable friend. Yet another she was delighted to have back. And so, just before Adelaide could shake her hand, Caia sighed and lowered her arm back at her side. It wasn't right. Adelaide deserved better, and she needed to be better.

Pausing for a moment, Caia stepped further in and looked back up at Adelaide, their faces on more or less the same level. Observing her briefly, the red head scoffed with a cocky smirk. "Again with the powder huh? Geez," she rolled her eyes and chuckled briefly, before it toned down into a gentle smirk and a soft glare. "We'll fix it," she mustered, throwing her arms around Adelaide and pulling her into a firm hug.

"You idiot," she mumbled again keeping her friend close and her face hidden as she fought to control the build up of tears in her eyes.

"That is not how you greet a friend."

Last edited:
Euphoria Script; IM Fell Great Primer; Fjord One;
x
Adelaide Rosier

Hogwarts, Courtyard to the Faculty Room. Mood: Exhausted, but Relieved. Interactions: Caia Watkins @Ritual Lobotomy
There was a moment of silence, thick and present as Adelaide's eyes shifted over familiar and unfamiliar faces, but over one in particular. Heading towards her was a certain redhead that she hadn't spoken to in years, a friend she once had so long ago, but lost over the years. Or so Adelaide believed for their parting memories were not kind.

Feeling her breath hitch Adelaide tried to conceal her emotions, keeping stark as Caia greeted her back, her manners stiff and cold. Was it anxiety? Or was it the changing of years? The female had kept track of the former-Gryffindor, followed her career closely until that unfortunate accident. After that Caia had disappeared from the stage, retreated into the safety of Hogwarts where her privacy was guaranteed and some much needed peace.

She looked well, despite all and that was all that mattered.

For a brief moment both their attentions were taken away by another figure entering the faculty room. Looking even more exhausted than Adelaide felt came another familiar face, yet unfamiliar.

Before Adelaide could realise who this man was, his name on the tip of her tongue, Caia took back her attention once more. Along with it also any personal space that was between them.

Freezing up the auror felt herself stiffen in the hug she was pulled into so suddenly, her breath stalling in her throat as she felt her eyes burning. How much she had missed her dear friend, and apparently been missed. The years of distance, the shame, the regret she had felt over the past eight years. They all seemed so silly right now as they all melted away.

Relaxing Addy rapidly blinked her eyes to keep the tears out, sucking in a breath as she wrapped her arms around the redhead in return.

"Hi," she responded shyly, her voice a bare whisper as she smiled. "It has been a while," she continued whispering into Caia's shoulder, relishing the warmth of her old friend returned.

Last edited:
  • Love
Akai Shuichi, Detective Conan
Virgil Hildegard

The Alchemist
Hogwarts castle - Side room/Faculty room

Unlike what young madam might have thought, professor Hildegard was more than aware of her mischief and the obvious signs she was about to do one, and therefore he greeted her agreement to his words cum grano salis and a tilt of an eyebrow, before he had firmly decided that under no circumstances would he turn away from his fresh morning brew to repair the unrepairable. At twenty-sixth year of age, she should know that every action called for consequence and secondly, perhaps more importantly, it was still way too early to be working. Virgilius Hildegard sacrificed his hours of bliss for no one, not even his chaotically charming colleague. Instead of meddling and learning more about miss Watkins' intentions with poor professor Anderson, just like with any other potion brewed, this one too had Virgil's undivided attention. After all, his sensitive and picky buds could sense the smallest difference in the mixture and refused to enjoy it one time as much as the other.

Leaning backwards against the table, Virgil stood still with his eyes closed, letting his nose do the job in the last moments of preparation. As he waited, the entrance door of the Faculty room opened again and the headmaster's voice sounded in the room. At the sound of the newcomer's name, Virgilius opened his eyes, savoring the sound of it instead for a moment, before proceeding with his business as if no interruption happened. Even so, his face remained serious and his chartreuse orbs fixated towards the entrance to the neighbor room where the strict female voice could be heard. He listened.

Even when a familiar pair of footsteps entered the room, he hardly moved, reacting only with a lopsided smirk and a warm greeting. "Very good morning to you, mister Langley. Long night, I imagine?" Although he would not mind an answer to it, the question was more rhetorical in nature and thus the response was not required. He was well aware that Wilbur is not much for a conversation prior to his morning coffee, and Virgil could certainly sympathize.

After a few moments, still discretely focused on the conversation outside, his nose alerted him of the brew. "Ah. Perfect," he inhaled the air deeply as he opened his eyes satisfied with the result, stopping the brewing process with a snap of his fingers. Straightening back up, he reached for a dark mug, quirky while also quite simple with depicted simple grin with exaggerated fangs in white and red, and a white and red letters underneath simply stating:

'Have a FANGtastic day!'

Cherished, albeit for his taste rather unusual gift, generously presented to him by their beloved headmaster on his very first teaching day. Even though his surprise over it and a slight confusion were sure to amuse the headmaster and intimidate anyone not knowing him well enough to believe they had crossed the line, deep down, away from the perception of others, Virgilius found it hilarious and quite clever. Even more so when he had accidentally revealed its cleverly incorporated function.

Leaning it slightly aside, Virgil reached for the pot of coffee, pouring it slowly and in an even stream down the inner walls of the mug, waiting patiently as it pooled gradually until it reached an appropriate distance from the edge, not too much to spill and not too little to seem emptier than it should be. Just perfect and the mug itself seemed to agree. The fangy grin snapped twice before grinning once again. It only turned to a frown a handful of times, but ever since Emrys tried to cleverly play him with a handful of salt in it, Virgil made it a habit to check. If for nothing else, then for the final check of brew's quality.

"All yours," he offered, pushing the pot gently across the table Will's way and taking a sip of his own bit. "Hawaii. Kona," he explained briefly, taking another sip. "The most recent one I've got. Lovely. Slightly spicy, wonderful aromatic finish. You can practically taste the force of the volcanic soil through it," he concluded, lost in the sensation of the hot aromatic beverage and his own thoughts.

He was more than aware of miss Rosier's ambitions in life running into an impenetrable wall that was her less than supportive family, but as a professor, his duty was to keep his distance even though there were moments in past he truly wished to simply breach it and call it a day. Even with such burden on her back, miss Rosier seemed to be doing quite well running around obstacles set for her to fail, even if it meant running across thornier ones. Career of an auror, as thorny as it was, tragically seemed to be fitting her just perfectly. At least for some time. Nevertheless, it was certainly good to have her back. Hindsight was 20/20, and in his, he should have known it would be something like that Pyre would pull out on them under his enigmatic and confident smirk after the news of a new arrival were revealed. It was the thought of Pyre's cunning that made the vampire smirk mildly again. Standing there for a decent amount of time, allowing the two former colleagues to catch up, he continued to enjoy his coffee until the mug was just below half empty.

"If you'll excuse me, mister Langley, I will be greeting our new colleague now. I will be seeing you back in the faculty room, yes?" he suggested with a charming smirk, proceeding to re-enter the faculty room, his steps barely more than comfortable taps against the stone. With a mug in his right hand and his left hand in his pocket, Virgil appeared in the background, keeping his distance, with a pleased smirk at the sight of an affectionate moment between miss Watkins and miss Rosier. Patiently waiting for his turn to greet the familiar 'new' face to their ranks, Virgil briefly locked his eyes with Pyre standing on the same distance from the two women on the opposite, lifting his punny mug in a casual salute to the headmaster. "Impressive. If you were able to bring this young lady back, I dare say you can create miracles just as much," he jested with a light chuckle, sipping at his Kona beans.

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Reactions: Nemopedia
Unknown
Ashley Shafiq
Excited and in tempo

"Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at...... Umf!" Ashley had barely registered the calling of her name and by the time she realized, she had already been assaulted. The weapon of choice? Bear hugs with the smell of fresh pastries or cookies of some sort. There was only one person that would choose such a lethal combination of cuteness and comfort. Ondine. Careful turning to see her attacker, Ashley grinned. "Perfect timing Ondine!" She remarked, reffering to the lyrics she had interrupted, putting an end to first years' curiosity and extra stress of suddenly entering a world of musicals.

Hugging her friend back for a few moments before gently pulling away, Ashley looked at her friend up and down with a gleam in her eyes. "How was your summer? Any new recepies added to that treasury of yours?" She asked, sniffing the air trying to figure out what was in the bag. If anything, pastries and a nice compartment to sit for the rest of the ride sounded good just about now. She had caught enough eyes her direction with her little act.

Skylar Anderson

COMC Professor
Multiple footsteps and speaking stirred Skylar from her slumber. With a sharp intake of air, she closed her mouth and wiggled awake. Taking her glasses off, she rubbed her eyes and face to get herself slowly back to the world of the living once more. She had fallen asleep even though she had done her best not to. She had no idea how long she had been sleeping, but she knew she hadn't moved once from the moment she had. Her joints were slightly locked and her body was stiff.

"What did I miss?" She asked Hildegard sheepishly as she stretched, arms up her head and behind the back with a small grunt. She could see Caia was hugging someone. The striking contrast in clothing styles not escaping her, but her sleepy brain could not tell more about the context of it all. The Headmaster was there as well and Hildegard was keeping his distance, the meme mug, as she had named all their gifted mugs for their first day of teaching from the Headmaster, was at his hand. Hot with what Skylar could safely assume was coffee. Perhaps she could use some for herself, if only to make it till the end of the feast.

Eleanor Hildegard ✧ Choir Master & Charms
Mood: Mischievous

Eleanor was up before the sun had even creeped over the horizon and bared it's sharp rays like jagged teeth upon the world. She yawned, baring her own fangs. Still she didn't know why she slept, it was unnecessary and always made her feel groggy. She chalked it up to boredom as she prepared for the day. Charming her wig fast onto her head, pink locks draped her small shoulders. She secured strands into pigtails on the top of her head with black clips and threw on black robes before heading to the school. It was still very early, when she arrived it seemed too quiet. She made herself comfortable in the faculty room, fixing herself a cup of tea as she settled into a nice shady corner, sinking into the darkness. She had been sitting a while, reading a book and sipping away as people started to dribble in little by little.

First it was the Care of magical creatures teacher, Skylar, who entered; not seeing Eleanor who was well hidden thanks to her ability to manipulate shadows and hide within them.. The brunette had settled into an armchair and started reading a magazine blissfully unaware of the vampire peeking in at her. She nodded off and Eleanor chuckled, amused at the clumsiness of her coworker.

Next were the redheaded firecracker and her own cousin who seemed unaware of her antics. She continued to sip her tea, amused at her ability thus far to escape the sight of her peers. There was some chatting, Caia was playful as always, teasing Skylar as she slept soundly in her seat, and her cousin ever the stick in the mud tried to settle her down. Eleanor giggled at the two, preparing to unveil herself when suddenly a new face came through the door, followed in by the Headmaster.

A pretty girl with pale skin and dark hair, she seemed somewhat on edge but the headmaster urged her to introduce herself. The new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and a past Auror. Eleanor scowled at that last bit of information. Aurors gave her a bad taste in her mouth after her own parents were killed by them and she'd been kidnapped by them. Corrupt as they were, she didn't trust them. Eleanor didn't have much time to chew on that before Professor Langley snuck in past the new girl, interrupting her introduction. "Afternoon everyone." he smiled awkwardly and bowed his head. This brought Eleanor some amusement and she felt the tightness in her chest loosen up a bit.

Caia and the new girl, Eleanor had apparently missed her name, embraced, a touching scene really. Eleanor stirred her tea and took a sip. At this time her cousin came out from the side room, holding a comical mug that was filled with coffee no doubt. She never understood his affinity for the bitter bean juice but he probably felt the same about her love for tea. To anyone else his entrance was silent and hardly noticeable, a prop in the background; but Eleanor noticed his presence anywhere they were. He made small quip to the Headmaster. Eleanor's eyes sharpened towards her own relative. The new professor did mention that she had graduated from Hogwarts, it was likely Virgil had taught her while she attended. Her cousin was always painfully level headed about people.

It was at this moment Skylar decided to awake from her slumber. Eleanor felt a smirk run across her lips as the Professor inquired about what was going on. Taking advantage of the moment Eleanor decided she had been hidden for long enough. Unveiling the shadows around her she took a sip of tea before offering Skylar and her cousin a curt smirk. "Only our very own miracle, Ms. Defense Against the Dark Arts," She motioned her hand over to the new Professor. Her eyes then focused onto the dark haired girl. "Lovely and with an impressive resume no less." She smiled, her fangs poking from her lips. A chill was in her voice, "Welcome."

Anice Runeswell ✧ Slytherin Prefect
Mood: Anxious but excited

Anice hurried her sister onto the train, carrying more luggage than was probably necessary. Although to be fair most of it was Sabrina's. Anice knew she had that enchanted purse yet she still decided to flaunt her luggage and filled it well up. She waved her parents goodbye briefly before nearly dropping something and quickly saving it. Anice huffed as she carried the luggage into the nearest empty carriage. "Bloody hell, was all this really necessary?" she eyed her sister, once blonde now her hair had a rosy pink tint. It was a new look she was trying out, although Anice knew it was just another act of rebellion against her parents wishes. Perhaps it meant nothing to passerby's that would just assume that she had transfigured it, but Sabrina knew that she had used muggle means and she probably held onto that small victory. Although Anice had protested at first, she let her sister have this.

Anice loaded the luggage up onto the provided racks above the seats. "There we go.." She sighed, her heart beating fast. She was winded but also pretty nervous. The first day of their sixth year, only one more year until she would be promoted to Head Girl and all her efforts rewarded. She had to make this year count though. She took a seat by the window and began to unwrap a lolli that she had hidden away in her pocket. The sugar began to calm her nerves. She didn't very much enjoy train rides, so much could go wrong and they weren't very cleanly. But she did enjoy the trolley of candy and sweets that was brought around every hour or so. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknown
Arionas Nikolaidis
Freezing and tired, but excited

Airplane tickets and school supplies for each year were always putting a strain on the Nikolaidis household. But when Arionas had grown older and stronger, that problem had been solved. All they had to do was invest in a waterproof sack, that one of the tailors in Diagon Alley would then charm to be able to hold his school trunk without killing his back from the weight. It had costed them pretty much the price of a round airtrip, but it had paid off in the end. For the past two years, he had been making his way to Hogwarts via merpeople sea routes.

It would always take a little over a week to get there and towards the end of the journey, Arionas would be shivering and just beg for the trip to end because of the cold waters, which always felt more cold because of his exhaustion from the trip and the fact he was only half-Siren. Humans and Sirens did not do well in cold water and the two combined in him did not make things any easier. But he liked the trip despite that. He would always take pictures or notes on encounters with other merpeople colonies or sea creatures. It was a great topic for discussions once he was at Hogwarts and he also wanted them for himself. Ocean was a wonder. Coupled with magic, it was even more so.

Having said his goodbyes and with the usual warning of "Don't sing above water, it will only get you into trouble with these folks." being said, Ariona emerged from the Black lake and shivered. With quick, spasming movements from the cold, he quickly opened his bag, pulling a towel and proceeding to dry his naked torso while his tail was transitioning from fins to legs once more, revealing charmed swimming trunks of moving sharks underneath. Under five minutes, Arionas was dressed and was making his way to the castle, teeth chattering and all. He still had time before Hogwarts Express would arrive, so he hadn't bothered wearing his uniform just yet. Instead he was in the baggiest and most warm clothes he had.

The promise of hot cocoa and a thorough checkup and warming session in the Hospital Wing put a spring in his step. The Headmaster had allowed him to come to school via the Black Lake, but only if he was to see the Matron immediately upon arrival to make sure he was healthy and he didn't start the school year with pneumonia or worse.

Lovers Quarrel; Duru Sans; Marvel;
x

Ondine Fear

London, Platform 9 3/4th into the Hogwarts Express. Mood: Excited with sweets. Interactions: Ashley Shafia @DayDreamer
While Ashley had dyed her hair blue, making is easily the most shocking change in appearance Ondine still looked the same from the year before, just a little more mature, but that was a given after a while. She still had the same thick blonde hair, with rosy lips and accompanied with cheeks that looked like they were always blushing, and warm brown eyes to finish it all off. For once the Hufflepuff actually felt plain, but only so in envy for the bold choice of her friend.

"Oh, summer was amazing," the girl sang, staggering back a little as she took out her bag eagerly opening it to release more of the sweet smells she had brought with her. "Father decided to take two weeks off and took us holidaying to Hong Kong," she sighed wistfully as she took out a custard pastry, pushing it into Ashley's hands. "Though it ended up to be all about business anyways, so mother wasn't too pleased when we ended up standing in the magical branch of the UK embassy," she giggled, not seeming to mind that there was such discord in her family life. It were the least of their concerns anyway.

"The blend of western influences, combined with their Asian roots," Ondine sighed as she continued to hand her friend an almond biscuit, followed by a milk bread. "And they had these most wonderful sweets, inspired by the Portugese, but still maintaining their own personalities," the girl was positively beaming as she presented all of the sweets she had brought over and tried her own hands on.

"Oh, and I had so much more there," she whined before pushing Ashley a pineapple cake in hands 'that's Taiwanese, by the way,' before rummaging in her bag a little more. "But I could only replicate a few of them. Mother didn't want me to ask every bakery for their recipe and I couldn't get my hands on all of the ingredients, but I have tried my best where I could!" she beamed before halting in her excitement as she realised that the Ravenclaw's hands were getting quite full and her mouth still empty.

"Ah!" Ondine gasped, quickly helping Ashley unload some of the sweets back into her bag before ushering her friend into a cabin. "I forgot myself there, sorry! Let's sit down so that you can eat in peace. Oh, it is such a shame I don't have bubble tea here with me, that was positively wonderful!" the Hufflepuff continued to ramble.

With the train nearly leaving it was quite difficult to find an empty cabin, though Ondine wouldn't mind some company if it meant more taste testers for her sweets. As long as they weren't someone like Garaile, or worse… So, without really double checking other than making sure it wasn't a messy mop of golden blonde short hair the female made her way into the cabin as she waved for Ashley to sit down.

"How was your summer? Forgive me for not asking earlier. The sweets had me carried away again," the girl finally remembered to ask, though she still hadn't forgotten about the bag she had with her and all the other pastries Ashley still had to taste.

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Caia Watkins

Miss Magpie
Hogwarts Castle; Faculty Room

Adelaide's words whispered into their hug made Caia chuckle brightly as if a ton of burden just dropped off of her heart. "Yeah," she responded clearing the lump in her throat. "You tell me. Too long," she smirked tightening her grasp of woman once again, before ultimately giving her some room. "What took you so long?" Caia jested, chasing away the last traces of shiver in her voice, aiming to leave only excitement behind. There were things they certainly needed to talk about and things to catch on, but hogging her all for herself right away would be fair nor appropriate. As she moved away, Caia cupped Adelaide's face with her hands, tapping her cheek lightly with a grin. "Oh Merlin's beard, so many things I have to tell you!" she exclaimed gleefully.

On the other side of the room, there was finally a movement on one of the chairs as professor Anderson returned to the land of awake. Stretching, she sat up slowly, referring to Virgil. Turning to face her, Virgil's mug hovered half way to his lips, as he blinked at the woman a couple of times before briefly darting his glare towards another chair in the room, near Skylar, that until that moment seemed to be vacant. Except it wasn't. Giving his shadowy baby cousin a light scolding glare for not alerting the poor woman earlier of miss Watkins' antics, he attempted to respond in low voice, discretely slipping in a brief flick of an index finger under his nose in hopes of turning the sleepy woman's attention to it. Before he had managed respond however, Eleanor finally made her appearance, hogging the attention that just unfortunately happened to be in miss Anderson's way as well.

"Only our very own miracle, Ms. Defense Against the Dark Arts," Eleanor announced it to the woman herself with a mischievous grin, earning her yet another significant glare over the glasses from her cousin that ended with a subtle eye roll as she referred directly to Adelaide which also caused Caia to turn around, her eyes narrowing at a small pink haired vampire in the corner, and then hover over towards Virgil calmly drinking his coffee, and somewhat still disoriented Skylar next to him, seemingly oblivious of the state of her face. Caia low-key wondered how long would it take her to notice or for someone to tell her. It seemed like an issue she'd deal with as it came, but it was damn certain that she was ready for the outlash.

"Right," she sighed as she proceeded to wrap her arm around Adelaide, clearing her throat and turning both of them towards the center of the room, pointing first towards the small vampire professor in the corner.

"The pink hair in the corner that always somehow manages to creep me out is Eleanor. Charms and choir. I have no idea how, don't ask me," she jested with a mischievous smirk. Certainly she respected Eleanor just as she did all of her colleagues. It also meant joking on her account as much as others' accounts.

After the first quick introduction set in, she turned her friend slightly to the right, towards professor Anderson, her face immediately switching to a content, charming grin. "That handsome gentleman is our esteemed American colleague Skylar. Quite exotic, really smart. Care of Magical Creatures since last year, aaand you're already familiar with Virgil. He is just as fun as you may remember, okay!" Clearing her throat so she doesn't burst into laughter, she patted Adelaide on the back and moved away enthusiastically, speaking quicker than usual. "I will let them all tell you more, but now I should go get our good old Langley because he is being social as he always is, as you can tell, and he definitely still needs a kick in his behind every once in a while, you know what I mean?" Caia asked rhetorically with an exaggerated chuckle, marching towards the side room with quickened pace.

@DayDreamer
@Nemopedia
@VocaStar