Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a guy.
And I see... are you completely new to reoleplaying? I have a few pieces of advice for you then... As long as you want them.

First, as a 7 years experienced role player I'm gonna give you advice on how to get a little better and this is with good intentions, not negative.
  1. DON'T. control someone else's character, don't predict what's going on with them, what's going to happen to them, don't predict how they are/look/talk/ more like, FEND OFF trying to even the slightest of controls of the other person's characters, I'm not cool with that and most people aren't, and most people much less are as nice as me as to say it in the form of advice to aid you to become better, if there is a character picture, you can use that to describe how the character looks like, nothing more, predicting and controlling is insulting to some people.
  2. Try to slow down a little bit, explain your character's routine a bit better, explain why he woke up early, was it cold/heat, was it a dream/nightmare, did he hear the alarm this time, what? Did he have breakfast, what kind? what did he eat? oh he didn't have breakfast? that's very much alright, what did he use for clothing today, what does he work in and why, is the payment good? isn't it? what are his transportations and the way to work like? is it close or far from his house? is there anyone he knows along the way? what are his students doing? why was he so late? didn't he sleep last night?
  3. All these questions will help you write better, sometimes I get brainfreeze and I confess that my posting can sometimes be poor, but this helps, asking yourself all these questions and more!
  4. The world/universe is huge and vast, try to explain what HIS is like, what it looks and smells like, how he feels about himself, his looks, his habits.
  5. Try not to be redundant when writing, it can indeed be a liability and the writing could turn for the worst, my quickest example (and this happened to me yesterday lol) would be like "He jolted scared of the thunder, he looked at the man and shivered, because he was scared of the thunder" remember, redundance kills the magic ( ; n ; MURDERER ZID).
  6. ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a dictionary at hand, and if you're tiping on your cellphone, as it clearly happened to me last night (*sobs*) try writing your post in WORD first, that helps me a little bit since this computer only checks spanish (because i'm in méxico ugh).
  7. You don't need to write a whole book for a post to be good, you can make it a one liner and with the correct grammar or explanation/point/significance, it can be the best post you've ever written.
  8. When you're dealing with brainfreezes, try reading the whole thing from the start, of course I don't do that because I get a headche *sobs*
  9. Read books, there's hundreds of millions of books in the world, millions, they can be about studies or they can have the best story you've ever read.
  10. The mindstorms are good for you! Don't take them as a negative thing.
  11. ALWAYS stay in scene until there is some sort of time leap, like days, weeks, months, years even, but try to explain at least just one line of what's going on and what's changing and when the time leap ends, what is YOUR characters feeling/thinking/looking like)

thank you so much! some of the information i already know about. I write fanfiction on my free time. thank you for the advice.

again im very sorry for not being able to role play with you.

That's okay, I do would like it if anyone else replied to this...

im sure someone will. If you want to have a chat with me pm me some time, ok. ive been trying to make friends on here and so far its not working haha!

Well most relationships are developed inside the roleplays I guess.
I'm an spontaneous person I guess. And normally I go ignored so ...

why would you be ignored? you seem like a pretty cool person so far since ive been talking with you.

Because most people dislike:

1. All the genres I love
  2. Thinking very hard
  3. Dark themes
  4. People like me who refuse to do fandom related roleplays
  5. Male x Male only relationships
I proven this by being in 5 forums and 3 different sites.

well Fuck those people (excuse ma language). I think ur ideas i unique. very different that's why I commented on ur idea.

The types of genres you like are hard to find here on Iwaku. I like them, their different and I would love to role play with you. :)
I'm interested in strong drama, forbidden love, and apocalyptic/post apocalyptic. Oh and I don't mind on doing M x M.

[MENTION=5271]Timeless Bunny[/MENTION] I'll be your friend!
(kinda read through your guys conversation :P)

I'd be into apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic and forbidden love genres. For the apocalyptic one, I would be more interested in focusing less on zombie-killing/surviving (like the Walking Dead) and more interested in focusing on emotions and people within the apocalypse, with a darker theme. As for the forbidden love one, I have done roleplays with that, on multiple occasions, and would prefer to have something new to the table that I can get in to. M/M relationships are fine, and might even make the apocalyptic genre more interesting, in my opinion.

let's all be friends~
I'm answering from my phone so it's not as easy to write so i can't say names as easily
Person 1: sure we can do that it'd be highly easily tough... Why is everyone into forbidden love hah... We can make it work but right now I'm very tired and can't think of anything other than a machine x human

person 2: we can also make it post of like... A permanent winter? Machine x human is pretty much my only idea right now sorry...

A permanent winter sounds interesting. Like a nuclear winter? I could get into that.

Hmm... I don't know about nuclear tough, more like, nature got tired of mankind so it froze the hell out of them?
*shrugs*
Dunno, right now I'm a bit more lively and at work but my brain is wrecked /sobs

I'm up for the apocalypse roleplay if you want. I'm interested in pretty much all of them but I really like this one

Well that depends, is there going to be romance or just friendship? As I told everyone before I have certain issues when it comes to female characters.
Other than that sure, shoot any idea you may have please, I must confess I am quite mindstruck at the moment ...

Sounds cool. I can get you a character sheet if you want, but I'm fine without. Anything specific you want to see in the rp?

Status
Not open for further replies.