Hiyo~

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hanyauku

Original poster
So, uh... hello! ^^
I'm Hanyauku (obviously o^o), I don't really know what you could call me for short... oh well! c:
I haven't been here very long, considering I made my account around 8:30 this morning (US Eastern Time), but I'm really excited to start roleplaying here!! ^v^ (Hopefully I don't find anyone too scary here. Oh boy.)

Reactions: Chriyu
Hello and welcome! (:

You're in luck. No one here is super scary (That I've encountered). Have you thought about checking out the Newbie Care Package ? It's a great resource for new users to get guides and free swag! :D As always though, don't hesitate to ask questions.

So, have you been roleplaying long? What sort of things do you enjoy roleplaying?

Reactions: Hanyauku
Hello, Hanyauku and welcome to Iwaku! ^^ If you haven't seen the Newbie Care Package yet, check it out. It's our gift to our new members to help them grow accustomed to our community and its features, or you can avail the talents of the artists on our staff who can produce beautiful banners, avatars, signatures, and even coded posts for you. Have fun exploring, and don't worry about finding someone 'too scary'. We promise not to bite you... If you don't want it, that is.

See you around!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Welcome to the site, Hanyauku :) Nothing too scary around here, I hope <3

• Love
Hello and welcome! (:

You're in luck. No one here is super scary (That I've encountered). Have you thought about checking out the Newbie Care Package ? It's a great resource for new users to get guides and free swag! :D As always though, don't hesitate to ask questions.

So, have you been roleplaying long? What sort of things do you enjoy roleplaying?
Oh, cool ^^ I'll be sure to go check that out then!!

I've been roleplaying for about four years, actually. Usually, it's fantasy (medieval, modern), horror/gore, or anything with romance. ^^' Sometimes I do sci-fi or slice-of-life roleplays, too.

Oh, cool ^^ I'll be sure to go check that out then!!

I've been roleplaying for about four years, actually. Usually, it's fantasy (medieval, modern), horror/gore, or anything with romance. ^^' Sometimes I do sci-fi or slice-of-life roleplays, too.
That's awesome. (: You're definitely in luck there, too... I don't think you'll have any trouble finding partners/groups with your interests. They're super popular. c:

Reactions: Hanyauku
Welcome Han! There. I shortened it. :)
Enjoy our little community and have fun finding new partners and getting started on some awesome RPs. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any one of us.

• Love
Welcome aboard! Don't worry, everyone here is welcoming and more than willing to work with you to make an exciting roleplay. You'll be fine.

Have this cookie and enjoy your stay.

• Love
Wow, am I late to the party XD

Welcome to Iwaku Hanayauku! :D <3

I'm pretty sure you'll be more lucky than me and find a lot of people in the same time zone as you here! :D (Most people I have encountered seem to live in the States :X)

Also, we're totally not scary ^^ We only bite if we're asked very very nicely, and when we bite it's more of a nibble! ^,-,^

I see you've been told about the Newbie Care Package already, but if you have any questions anyway don't be scared to ask an intern (light blue names and banners) or a staff (red names and banners) since we really don't mind answering any questions you might have :D <3

Happy roleplaying! Enjoy your cookie and stay! :D

• Love
Hehe, I see everyone here is quite nice ^^ I feel very welcome and I'm grateful for that~

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Hehe, I see everyone here is quite nice ^^ I feel very welcome and I'm grateful for that~
I promise, most of us are super nice if not all of us <3 (except that one or two douchebag, but those are unavoidable, because we're humans by nature ^^;)

I'm glad though, that you feel welcomed, because you definitely are :D <3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hi there. Welcome to iwaku. You're in luck, most of us aren't scary. Most of us. :devil: I'm not going to lie, your name reminds me of the Korean word for medicine. xD So every time I see it I just think, "meehsinnn." I've been RPing around the same amount of time as you have! Maybe 3-4 ish years (it hasn't felt that long...). The genres you like are, like Nav said, pretty popular, so I have no doubt you will find lots of lovely partners or groups to RP with! I'm excited to see you around, and like others have said, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (I love your sig btw)

• Love
Hi there. Welcome to iwaku. You're in luck, most of us aren't scary. Most of us. :devil: I'm not going to lie, your name reminds me of the Korean word for medicine. xD So every time I see it I just think, "meehsinnn." I've been RPing around the same amount of time as you have! Maybe 3-4 ish years (it hasn't felt that long...). The genres you like are, like Nav said, pretty popular, so I have no doubt you will find lots of lovely partners or groups to RP with! I'm excited to see you around, and like others have said, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (I love your sig btw)
Thanks! Haha, really? I was just searching pretty words and looking through Google images one day (as I usually do, for some reason) and found "Hanyauku", which apparently is a verb that means "to walk on tiptoes across hot sand". (Doing a bit more research, I found out that it's a word from a Bantu language called Kwangali, or Rukwangali, which is spoken by about 85,000 people in Namibia. Supposedly.) Yeah, it definitely doesn't seem like it has been that long for me either. It's kind of weird to think of how young I was when I started roleplaying. c'x Oh, and thank you again~! ^^

No problem! And yep. The Korean word for medicine is "hanyak" (approximately. Koreans suck at romanization), so that was what my first thought went to. The actual inspiration for the name is actually pretty cool. xD

• Love
Hello!! Welcome to iwaku! I'm so glad you're feeling welcome and that most of us are nice!! Everyone even nice people sometimes ahve a bad day, so it's good to remember that as you're sifting through the threads. I love the meaning of your name! Totally off topic for the purpose of this post but....I remember being about 13 years old and asking my Mother why she named me what she had. She said it sounded like a cute cheerleader name to her (Something I never had any desire to become by the way) and so i asked her what it meant. And she said she didn't know. I remember having this sinking horrible feeling that I was named something that mean horse dung...and my mother didn't even realize it!! So I dung and found the meaning as was relieved to learn that it mean Laurel (As in the leafy Greek crowns they awarded Olympians) But...I was upset that my mother didn't know. And ok..enough of that.

So...how are you doing finding everything? If you need help, go to the Newby Care package and request a mentor. And HAVE FUN!!!

• Love
Hello!! Welcome to iwaku! I'm so glad you're feeling welcome and that most of us are nice!! Everyone even nice people sometimes ahve a bad day, so it's good to remember that as you're sifting through the threads. I love the meaning of your name! Totally off topic for the purpose of this post but....I remember being about 13 years old and asking my Mother why she named me what she had. She said it sounded like a cute cheerleader name to her (Something I never had any desire to become by the way) and so i asked her what it meant. And she said she didn't know. I remember having this sinking horrible feeling that I was named something that mean horse dung...and my mother didn't even realize it!! So I dung and found the meaning as was relieved to learn that it mean Laurel (As in the leafy Greek crowns they awarded Olympians) But...I was upset that my mother didn't know. And ok..enough of that.

So...how are you doing finding everything? If you need help, go to the Newby Care package and request a mentor. And HAVE FUN!!!
Ah, thanks! I've never really been worried about my name meaning something awful, maybe just because I've never thought of it. My birth name means "Follower of Christ" or something like that, but my name now means "Garden", I think.

I'm finding everything pretty easily, actually! The setup is great ^^ (It also helps that I have a few friends that already have accounts here, haha.)

I think i was quite an odd teenager, to be honest. I thought about the strangest things. But, happily those years come to an end and maturity descends like the cloud it is. Now, I spend a good deal of time trying to reclaim my youthful oddity of thought to channel into role plays. Interesting how life moves along eh?

YAY! I'm so glad you are finding things easily. I too think this is a great set up, and very user friendly!! Good luck and don't hesitate to PM any of us if you need something!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.