Hiyaah-

W

Wishlist

Original poster
gl5Ouxi.gif

ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᶦᶠ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵉᶰˢᶦᵗᶦᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶠᶫᵃˢʰᶦᶰᵍ ᶦᵐᵃᵍᵉʳʸ⋅ ᵃᶫˢᵒ﹕ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵃ ᶫᵒᵗ ᶫᵒᶰᵍᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃᶰ ᴵ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ᶦᵗ ʷᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵇᵉ⋅ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ᵇʸ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ˢᵗʳᵒᵏᵉ ᵒᶠ ᶫᵘᶜᵏ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒᶰᵉ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰᵗᵉʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᶦᶰ ʳᵒᶫᵉᵖᶫᵃʸᶦᶰᵍ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᴵ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ᵃᶰʸᵗʰᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᵒᶫ​
Hiyaah everyone- I'm Wishlist. Though Wish or anything like that is fine too. These intro posts kinda wig me out if I'm honest. I'mma little shy about it. But if I didn't make one, I'd probably put it off forever and subsequently never post. ( •﹏•)

I wouldn't say that I'm really, really new to the idea of roleplaying. Some of my other roleplaying experiences come from years of playing lots of tabletop rpgs with friends or just roleplaying between friends. I've had adventures through a little bit of everything, but I've got a soft spot for the more 'fantastical' genres like sci-fi and fantasy. Showing me anything like that is an easy way to get me hooked- That all being said, the thought of trying to get into a much bigger community like this kinda—spooks me—for lack of better words to describe things- Maybe it'll just take some getting used to. And even still, it's exciting to see a place with so much activity every day.

It sucks to think that I don't have as much free time as I used to. Work takes up a decent amount of my time and I may or may not have a slight addiction to some video games, but I'm always willing to make time for one of my favorite hobbies. Hopefully soon I'll become better acclimated to roleplaying in a big site like this rather than the more personal experiences I've had.

I'll try cobble together something for a partner request soontm​! Already got the résumé thing squared away. Take a look. It's in a book etc. Looking forward to meeting some new people!

Hello there, Wish :) Welcome to Iwaku! Glad to see you've decided to join us in the world of roleplaying. Iwaku can seem intimidating, size wise, but everyone is super nice and I'm sure you'll have no trouble jumping right in :) If you have any question, just give a yell! Otherwise, good luck and enjoy! :)

Forum roleplaying can be a pretty big step, yeah. I don't blame you for being spooked. As for Iwaku's activity-- this place is buzzing constantly. That's how you know there are always fresh ideas being passed back and forth.

That said, welcome aboard! I'll just give you this cookie and wish you good roleplaying experiences, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Hello there, Wish :) Welcome to Iwaku! Glad to see you've decided to join us in the world of roleplaying. Iwaku can seem intimidating, size wise, but everyone is super nice and I'm sure you'll have no trouble jumping right in :) If you have any question, just give a yell! Otherwise, good luck and enjoy! :)
Forum roleplaying can be a pretty big step, yeah. I don't blame you for being spooked. As for Iwaku's activity-- this place is buzzing constantly. That's how you know there are always fresh ideas being passed back and forth.

That said, welcome aboard! I'll just give you this cookie and wish you good roleplaying experiences, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you for the warm welcome, you two! I'll be sure to make good use of these well-wishings and cookies. Besides setting up something to find roleplaying partners, are there any little things that you wish you knew when showing up in a new place like this? Just the tiniest bit of advice on how to better get around and get to know people would be nice if it wouldn't be too much—

Thank you for the warm welcome, you two! I'll be sure to make good use of these well-wishings and cookies. Besides setting up something to find roleplaying partners, are there any little things that you wish you knew when showing up in a new place like this? Just the tiniest bit of advice on how to better get around and get to know people would be nice if it wouldn't be too much—

General Chatting is an excellent place to chill and get to know folks. Our Discord is also an option. As for everything else, I'd suggest just taking a look around the main page at all the subforums. Creative Content and Community Connections are a favorite.

Really, folks are extremely friendly around here, so just keep an open mind and you'll have no trouble making some friends.

For me, I jumped right into RP. I started a partner search and just got to know people through that. You could also check out the site discord -- there's always someone there to chat with. And areas like General Chatting are great for just having fun :)

Hey there Wishlist, welcome to Iwaku- the name's Star, and it's a pleasure to meet you!

I'll be honest with you, I was intimidated out of my freaking mind when I first joined. The site can definitely seem overwhelming at first, but hang around, push some buttons, ask questions like a quiz master, and I have no doubt you'll find yourself settling in just fine :D

As for things I wish I knew starting out..... I think I'd have relaxed a lot faster if I'd realized just how chill and friendly the staff are, and that it's okay to mess up. I was terrified of asking people questions for fear of sounding silly or even stupid, but honestly - we're here to help, and more than happy to do so!

Also, I love sci-fi and fantasy too! *highfives*

Welcome to Iwaku Wish! I'm glad to see you've been welcomed by so many before me, but it also sucks a bit because they already said most of the things I usually do. Pft. Anyway, I don't remember being intimidated by the size of this place as much as I was excited by it. My muse is somewhat hyperactive, so I was looking for a place with a lot of people and a lot going on to feed that never ending need for more and more. (I'm not sure it's possible to have too much....but I am probably wrong about that.)

We are a really creative and friendly bunch though, and for how big this site is, there are very few problems. One big happy family playing dress up together, in a virtual kind of way! Settle in and drag yourself away from those games for a bit and hop on in!! most importantly...HAVE FUN!!!

*Returns high-five!*

Yeah, I'm definitely feeling all the friendliness! Thanks for all the advice and well-wishings again, guys. The various video and tabletop adventures can maybe wait for a moment- I'll be sure to check out the discord channel for the site once I set up all my account stuff. Hope to get to know you all better!