Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My time zone is Mountain Standard Time. I work a very stressful job, and am usually busy.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I don't have a favorite genre. I can role-play under any genre and I enjoy doing so. Though, I tend to stray more towards Fantasy, Modern, Scifi, Drama, Magical, Supernatural, and Romance (BL/Hetero/GL).
Introduction

໒꒱.* Hello there! I am going to keep this relatively simple since I have other things I need to work on today. My name is Esme, and I am returning to Iwaku after two, possibly three, years of absence. I am permanently exhausted, twenty five year old, non-binary pigeon. I do not have an preferences for pronouns, so use whatever you like. I'm not very ambitious, but I sure am creative. I have been role-playing since I was eleven years old, so I have at least a decades worth of experience. I have also run many of my own role-plays and servers in the past. I like to draw from time to time, but for the most part I just like to watch YouTube. I have a deep love for animals, and plan on becoming a vet technologist in the future.

໒꒱.* Halloween is my favorite holiday. I play video games (Genshin Impact, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Among Us, League of Legends, etc.) and am a massive weeb. Oh, I also have ADHD (was clinically diagnosed at the age of five I think), and pretty sure I suffer from anxiety and depression ( can't get diagnosed because the USA sucks and doesn't have free health care for the poor). I can come across as pretty grumpy/disgruntled/abrasive sometimes, but I promise that I am never intentionally mean and that I won't bite. (o'u≦o)

Availability

• Monday ; 1:00pm - 1:00am MST
  • Tuesday ; 10:00pm - 1:00am MST
  • Wednesday ; 10:00pm - 1:00am MST
  • Thursday ; 10:00pm - 1:00am MST
  • Friday ; 10:00pm - 4:00am MST
  • Saturday ; 1:00pm - 1:00am MST
  • Sunday ; 8:00pm - 4:00am MST

𝐄𝐗𝐄𝐂𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐘

Despite working part time, my hours are stretched out over the course of the week. I usually work nights from 3:00pm to 9:00pm, with an additional hour of traveling time before and after my shifts. Since I never wake up earlier than noon, I will most likely only be available during my days off. I usually have Saturdays and Mondays off, but this can change at any given moment. On the off chance that I work morning shifts, I will be available in the early evenings. Due to my schedule I would prefer a role-play that is not time sensitive. Preferably a role-play that requires at most posts every other week or once a month. I might be able to make it work if I really like the role-play though. (´。• ω •。`) ♡

Writing Samples

INTERMEDIATE
**These posts are usually a result of an
headache, illness, or over all off day for me.

໒꒱.* SAMPLE ONE;

"I see, that's quite the talent to have." Yuto compliments the red head. The tall brunette simply nods towards her thanks. It wasn't a big deal to him, he had already paid his monthly expenses for the month and found him with a little more cash than usual. The boss must have had been pleased with his work lately. Reaching out he takes her hand and gives it a gentle shake, as he typically did when meeting women. When they let go he casually stuffs his hands back into his suit pockets. "Yeah, I'm more of a night owl, and I'm Yuto. Pleasure to meet you." He replies while eyeing the people around them. For the most part people were beginning to dissipate, their eyes no longer on him.

໒꒱.* SAMPLE TWO;

Kaleb frowns for a moment, looking down at his plate suddenly feeling very stupid for the statement he had made. He didn't want to bring them back to that conversation. The whole point was to distract him from earlier. "I see…, right." Kaleb mumbles quietly as an awkwardness begins to cast over him. After setting his fork down on his plate the blonde scratches the back of his head before moving on from the subject. "I actually don't listen to rap all that much. I prefer alternative music. 'Though, there are some alternative music that has rap in it, like some of Linkin Park's older music for example. You might like them a lot actually…" Kaleb trails off, wondering if the other would actually give Alternative music a chance. The blonde took a liking to such music because of how often the bands made songs he could relate too on a deeper level. Some of them even helped him through his less than ideal mental state. "What else do you like? Any video games maybe?" Kaleb asks curiously, hoping they would have a hobby in common they could do together.

ADEPT
**These are about my standard post size, but Serena's
example is my post length when I am motivated and inspired.

໒꒱.* SAMPLE ONE;

Tae watched Ai's choices carefully. It seemed fitting that he would choose roses, but found himself wondering what his favorites were. He couldn't help but suppress grinning ear to ear when Ai picked out the sunflowers. Those were his mom's favorites when she was alive. Sure, it might have been a coincidence, but part of him felt like perhaps his mother was watching them. That it was a sign she approved of this relationship. He liked to think that anyways. After choosing a few extra sunflowers for a small bouquet, Tae also picks up some white and yellow chrysanthemums to place at his mother's grave.

They were traditional for his people, and it seemed unfitting to pick anything else in addition to Ai's choices. As Yuna wraps up their purchases, she and Tae talk a little before saying goodbye to each other. Tae leaving on the promise to stay in touch. He walks out of the little flower shop as Ai and Jae are wrapping up a pleasant conversation.

Chuckling Tae teases lightly "I hope he's not talking your ear off." and once again extends out a hand to ruffle up the small boy's dark locks. Despite the youngster's protests. "We better get going or we'll miss the bus." Tae mentions to Ai, giving him time to say goodbye to Jae before they leave. The walk to the bus stop at the end of downtown was a quiet one for them. Tae was feeling pretty light hearted with the sun shining down on them and the gentle warm breeze. This was nice.

໒꒱.* SAMPLE TWO;

While Jack was taking a walk through the Nightmare Forest, Serena had ample time to make herself comfortable in her friend's home. She had started reading one of the more complex literatures Jack had collected while the chicken roasted. Only bothering to look up from the pages when she heard a scream in the distance. Her brown hues glancing at the door knowing that Jack was out there. That he would be home soon. It brought a smile to her face. The thought of him seeing her for the first time came to her attention, and like a school girl with a crush she started to fret over her appearance.

Standing from the chair she decides she's warmed up enough to remover her cloak, revealing a more feminine attire that greatly accentuated her curves. After smoothing out any wrinkles, Serena looked herself over and actually found her clothing dull. This style of dress was something she wore everyday, and while most would find it risqué she had grown more than used to it. Taking off her hat briefly she attempts at straightening her hair since it had become frazzled in her escape, then puts her hat back on. She adjusts it just slightly before once again looking over herself, feeling some what satisfied. Another scream echos in the night, and she could feel the butterflies beginning to flutter knowing that he was one step closer to coming home. Plus the fact that he was out there killing her attackers, even if it wasn't truly for her, made her fluster.

Shaking her head the girl gently smacks her own cheeks "Get it together Serena." She mumbles shuffling over to the fire and taking the chicken breast onto a wooden plate. She ate it leisurely, remembering the taste of unseasoned chicken from her childhood. These days she normally acquired some sort of spices in the bazaar for her cooking. Finishing eating, with just a few scraps of meat left to spare, Serena cleans her hands and face off before sitting back into the lounge chair. Taking up the book once again.

As the time passed she finds herself totally engrossed into the book she was reading, so much so that she did not hear the muddled yelping of the man just outside Jack's cabin. It wasn't until the door was kicked open that she became alert, her attention immediately shifting to some stranger drenched in blood walking into the cottage. Instantly recognizing the severed head as one of her assailants her brown eyes glance at the figure curiously. Waiting for him to turn and face her. The woman knew at first glance that this was not Jack, and it deeply upset her. She was finally here, and he wasn't. Serena could feel the remnants of her magic bubbling up in her, her hands itching to smite the man where he stood. Not for anything he himself had done, but because he was the only one there she could take her anger out on. On the verge of a meltdown, Serena's breathing grew hefty and her eyes wild. The surge of energy brought about by her whirlwind of emotions, disappointment, anger, frustration caused the window panes to shudder and groan. Only able to control herself at the sound of the glass cracking. Realizing she had been holding her breath she exhales. Rationalizing that as much as she wanted to throw the very chair she sat on through the window and tear apart the cabin, Jack wouldn't much appreciate coming home to his house torn asunder.

Digging her nails into the chair out of irritation Serena inhales deeply, while the man before her seethed infuriated at the sight of her. Crossing her legs, she now sits up straight, her posture impeccable, and returns her gaze, unphased, to the man before her. While she had calmed down considerably, the wild glint in her eyes remained. "I don't know who you are, or why you are here inside this house, but get out. My friend will be home soon, and we don't like strangers. Leave the head though, he'll like that." She instructs with the wave of her hand to dismiss him before returning back to her readings. When the man refuses to budge from his spot by the fire, she eyes him clearly annoyed. Shutting the book she was reading with a heavy thud she continues, "Or I could burn you alive. Light you aflame and impale you in the yard as a gift instead." Serena adds, her honied voice a disturbing contrast to the words that left her lips. Lolling her head to the side in thought the woman crosses her arms. "Ooh, but what if you're ashes by the time he returns?"

ADVANCED
**These are incredibly rare, and usually only happen
for starters, or when I have nothing else to do and am very inspired.

໒꒱.* SAMPLE ONE;

"Sire?"

"King Damien!"

"Hm?"
Blinking Damien's vision focuses as his attention is brought back to the present. His head lazily rolling at the side to gaze at his advisors standing beside him. Watching hazily as the advisor gestures before him. His icy blue hues following along, and absorbing in the environment around him. Large columns, made of agonized souls trapped in stone, extending upward towards the ceiling. Its arches are painted with an intricate moral of the damned. Yellow and orange will-o-wisps danced across it aimlessly, but their glow paled in comparison to the hell-fire that lit the throne room. It's blaze illuminating the various extravagant portraits, vases, and sofas that lined the farthest walls. Most of which was placed by Damien's very own father. The fire light flickering, making the room's shadows dance in the farthest reaches of the room. Though, what stood out the most were two lesser demons kneeling before him. Upon noticing them the young king of hell sits up straight.

"Ah, Where were we?" Damien asks, returning his attention back to his advisor.

"It seems these two demons have a conflict. Their contracts with their mortals are conflicting with each other. One's contract was made with a woman who's desire was to find love and happiness, while the other's is a man who must sacrifice his true love for the extension of his mortal life. It seems that the two mortals met due to the woman mortal's contract, and the man is sacrificing her which will prevent the completion of her own contract."

Damien upon hearing the dilemma leans back in his chair, and hands open his palm. The advisor quickly hands his king both contracts. Waving his own hand over his eyes, a pair of reading glasses manifests on the boy's face. He sighs a bit in annoyance, his light blue orbs glancing at the two demons before him. They both flinch under Damien's gaze, scared to be such a nuisance to him. Rolling his eyes, Damien returns to the packets before him and begins to flip through. After some time has passed Damien grows increasingly annoyed by what he believes is an absolute waste of his time. "You seriously couldn't figure out this situation yourselves?" He scoffs, tossing both contracts to the floor in front of them. The two demons immediately begin to apologize for angering their king.

"Silence! Enough of your pathetic groveling!" He thundered, causing the room to quake at the sheer voice. Both demons quickly fall silent. They were demons for fuck's sake. Have some god damn pride. Leaning back against his throne in aggravation, Damien stares up at the ceiling rubbing his temples. He could just feel the headache coming on. This situation didn't matter. It was obvious that the man did not find his soulmate, and thus did not meet the requirements outlined in his contract. Facing the two demons, the advisor quickly straightened himself knowing that their king was ready to pass judgement.

"Prepare to receive our divine king's judgement!" The advisor rings out. The two demons bowing their heads in respect as Damien stands from his black throne.

"My judgement is this, the mortal man shall die. He failed to meet the requirements of his contract. If the woman was truly his soulmate then her contract would also be completed. After reading hers it is clear that it is not as it does not bear my seal. Thus, his soul must be brought to hell. This will allow for the completion for the woman's contract as well, whose soul will also be brought to hell. Why pass up on an opportunity to obtain a soul in any regard? With that said, return to your duties, and do not waste my time with such trivial stupidity again." His voice reverberated against the throne room's walls, the portraits shuddering before falling still along with the rest of the room.

"Yes my king." The demons say in unison their foreheads touching the floor as they bow before both are swallowed up by hell fire and teleported back from once they came.

Sighing Damien begins to descend the steps before his throne, and begins to depart. That was the last of his kingly duties for the evening, which meant that he could relax now. Something he decided he needed earlier in the day after the realization that he had been overworked. Of course that was his own fault. He knew he was using it as an excuse not to think about how these very halls he perused were quieter now that his dad was gone. How that same invasive quietness gripped his heart and ate away at him until he felt empty in the dead of night. Pausing at a portrait of him and his dad, Damien reached up towards it. The pads of his fingers tracing his dad's joyful smile. Then a burning welled up inside him that made his blood boil. Gritting his teeth, Damien dug his claws into the canvas and angrily tore downward in one fluid motion. He shredded the painting in furious silence. Until his hands came to a sudden halt and that quiet fury turned into an overwhelming sadness.

Turning away from the painting he staggers down the hall, his feet fumbling as he rushes towards his room. Violent sobs catching at the back of his throat as he fought to keep himself together. The denizens of this realm were strangers to compassion and feeling, in this regard, unlike Damien who was half human. This side of him was nothing more than a weakness to the citizens of hell, and were often the center of ridicule and mockery. Thus, forcing him to bury his grief or risk losing credibility, and perhaps even his birthright. He couldn't. He had to make his father proud, and with that came sacrifices. Yet, try as he might, Damien could not rid himself free of his mother's mortal blood, of his humanity. For that was the only connection he had to his mother, whoever she was, and with his father gone, all he had left. Of either of them. Himself.

Yet, that in of itself was also the problem. A vicious cycle within him that he could not free himself of nor wish to confront. Only ignore, and thus he drowned himself in work to hide away from it all. Neglecting himself in the process to the point that he could no longer work, and was forced to face what he was trying to avoid this whole time. Then spiral like he was now. Damien nearly crashed into his chamber door, the door swinging open as he stumbled into the room. Slamming the door behind him he collapses against it, and slides down to the floor. Bringing his knees up to his chest Damien hides his face behind his hands as the tears begin to cascade down his cheeks. Distraught, he weeps to himself. "Dad…dad why'd you have to leave me..." the boy says shakily while in between sobs. "Why'd you have to die." He whimpers, until there were no more words left to say. All he could do was cry, and cry. Cry for hours until all his tears had dried up, and he just stared blankly at nothing. His gaze hollow and empty as that invasive silence swallowed up the room and him along with it.

Until a knock rapped upon his wooden door, startling poor Damien from his stupor. "Sire, it is time for your supper. May I enter?" His servant inquires.

Damien hastily scrambles up from the floor. "Just a moment!" he calls out as he scurries over to his vanity and gives himself a once over. He looked like shit. Straightening his hair, Damien quickly casts a glamour on himself to hide his bloodshot, puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. Inhaling deeply he gathered up the strength to put on an act of normalcy, and then exhaled finally ready to call them in. "You can come in!" He says while still sitting next to his vanity. The door opening with a gentle creek giving the little imp access to Damien's quarters. After arranging Damien's meal upon his chamber table, the imp asks if there is anything else his kingliness would like. "I'm actually quite tense from today's duties, please draw me a bath so that I may relax." Damien commands, while moving over from his vanity to the table across the room. Curiously inspecting tonight's meal, and then finally sitting as the imp nods and exits through another door that leads into Damien's bathroom.

While he waited the young king ate his dinner, the sound of the bath water pouring into the top spilling out from the bathroom and into his bedroom. The imp quietly humming an ancient tune while preparing the bath with herbs and candle light. Anything to make for a relaxing atmosphere. Damien found it comforting as he ate in silence, and thus was grateful for the Imp' presence. The dark haired boy was just about finished with his dinner when the little imp returned by his side to inform him that his bath was ready. Lifting a cloth napkin to his lips Damien cleaned himself up a little before setting it aside and standing up. After thanking the imp, Damien finally dismissed her and stepped into his bathroom.

The room is just as luxurious as the rest of the castle. However, unlike the throne room it was composed of curved walls that stretched up into a high dome. The ceiling itself is alive with an illusion of the vast night sky. With twinkling stars and constellations, a gleaming moon against the backdrop of the milky way, and the occasional shooting stars. At the center of the room is a vast circular tub, just slightly smaller than the average pool. A statue of an imp bearing a water cup on either side. Each has water gently trickling out of their cup and into the steaming hot pool. It's waters swirling with herbs, flower petals, and essential oils. Giving the tub, and the atmosphere a wonderful aroma. Further aided by the scented candles that line the tub.

Stripping himself free of his attire, Damien finally enters the warm, shallow waters. Stepping unto the tubs raised edge, usually used for sitting, and then fully submerged his body. The waters just stopped at his midsection. Crossing to the other side where his shampoo and other essentials have been places he finally eased himself unto the raised platform beneath the swirling waters. Resting against the wall of the tub, Damien leans his head back and watches the stars while his pale body soaks. All of the stress of the day, plus his earlier melt down, are expelled from his body, and his otherwise tense muscles begin to loosen up. Sighing with relief, he decides to work on some self care for the night by scrubbing away all the dirt and grime caught in the groves of his horns, and underneath his nails.

"Hmm, should I file my fangs tonight too?" He murmurs to himself as he wets a washcloth and uses it to gently wipe away all the soap and suds from his horns. The process only slightly dampening his dark locks. Setting the washcloth aside Damien reaches for some fruit that had been left for him, and pops a couple grapes in his mouth. Chewing slowly to savor the taste, Damien looks up to the night sky above. What should he watch tonight?? A supernova? The collision of two galaxies? A star being absorbed by a black hole? His tongue clicked in contemplation, and perhaps with a slight annoyance at his indecisiveness. "How about the creation of a star? That's always fun to watch…" he hums softly as he reaches to his side and takes up a small glass of wine. As he takes a sip he twirls his finger in the air and the void of space begins to shift and shimmer. Until an image of swirling space dust of various colors takes form. An invisible force pulling them together. Setting the glass down, he takes a quick bite of some cheese as his icy hues watch in awe. Various gases and other elements merging together before finally exploding into a massive yellow sun. It's gravity pulling more particles from far away towards it. All of which would eventually form into planets of various sizes. Marvelous. Simply breathtaking.

Damien smiles to himself once more as he watches the chaos of it all, but something seems...odd. A feeling he couldn't place just itching at the back of his mind. One he couldn't quite scratch. A distracting uneasiness usually likened to the notion that something was about to happen. He could feel it actually, like there was some sort of electricity in the air around him. Then suddenly a voice like a whisper in the night invades his mind.

Dont. Fail. Me.

The words alone gave the demon boy goosebumps, and he could feel the hairs at the back if his neck stood on end. It was then that he realized that the energy gathering around him was magical. The flames of the candles surrounding his tub rose higher, and their color shifted to an eerie red. The foam of his bathwater begins to swirl together into a spiral at the center of the bath, as the energy begins to create a vortex. A portal. "Oh sh-." Before he can even speak Damien is quickly sucked underwater without warning. The current tosses him around like a rag dog as he is summoned from hell to the mortal plane. . .

Within the dimly candle lit confines of Spencer's room, the very same magical energy starts to congregate. A warm and eerie wind picks up, and spirals around the room. The orange flames of the candles lining his summoning circle shimmer into a deep red. Growing in size and heat. His house creaks and groans as a powerful force pulsates from the center of the room. The sound of dripping water creeps into the young goth's mind, as water begins to slowly trickle out from the cracks of his floorboards. The frothy liquid full of flower petals and herbs expands outward to the very edge of the chalk circle and then suddenly, as if blown out by a huff of breath, every single candle is extinguished. For a moment the poor boy is left in absolute darkness, that is, until a deep red glow emanates from the summoning circle and illuminates his room. The surge of magical energy in the air around him is quickly replaced by a dense moisture as wisps of steam carrying the pleasing smell of various essential oils swirls around the room. Everything is quiet. Still. Peaceful.

Then, bubbles begin to breach the surface within the thin pool of water before him. Slowly a tall, pale figure emerges from the depths of the crimson waters. A naked young man with long dark locks accented by a pair of rigid red horns. Both of which are adorned with intricate jewelry that glisten in the magical red glow. Yet, despite leaving nothing to the imagination, his icy blue hues alight with a magical shimmer, with power, command the others attention. Damien clicks his tongue in agitation, further emphasized by the swish of his spaded tail. This situation was not pleasing to him in the slightest, and yet, despite it all Damien was actually impressed. After all, it was not often a mortal sought out the aid of The King of Hell. His scowl quickly turning into a devilish smirk. "You must have some massive cajones to feel confident enough to summon the likes of me, mortal." Damien pauses as he steps forward to get a closer look at the one who summoned him. Dark green hair that covers his eyes, black clothes, chipped painted nails, a twinge of weed in the air. "Or perhaps just stupid?" He muses curiously.

Then he steps back and twirls his finger in the air. The water upon which he stood bubbling up to take the shape of a throne. Upon which he sits comfortably. Leaning back he angles his body in a way that allows him to prop up his foot in the seat, while his other leg extends outward. His elbow resting upon the armrest of this makeshift throne, and his cheek nestling into the palm of his hand. "Alright, well, I would like to return to my bath, so let's make this deal quick, yes?" Damien grins at Spencer.

Outro

໒꒱.* You made it to the end! Wooo!! Thank you for taking the time to read all that, and for considering me for your role-play. If you have any questions or need additional information feel free to ask in a comment below, or inbox me! I wasn't sure what else I needed to add for something like this since it's technically my first time. I also have more information in my role-play resume located here; About Me. My account page also includes some tags as well. *.(๓´͈ ˘ `͈๓).*

Last edited:
Hi! I think you're gonna like the RP group I created and I don't just say that because I am hella desperate for people to join. This RP is a medival/post-apocalyptic setting and it is not at all time-sensitive. You said you could reply every other week at most which is perfectly fine for me. Here is the link I hope you consider joining :)