Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
You've been granted the ability to go back in time, where would you like to go?​

There are a few conditions to this travel, though! Firstly, you can't stay anywhere longer than a week. You bring anything back with you from the past and you can't change history (for better or worse). You can obtain knowledge, but there is always the trouble of convincing the modern world without proof. You're able to stop at three places. Where would you go and why?

I would visit the Great Library of Alexandria and photocopy as many books as I can in that week. I probably need to stop by it three times and three weeks to get the most out of it.

Reactions: Dusk
Okay first I kind of want to just shadow Poe and figure out what happened to the poor man before he died. Also coincidentally it's a gap of about a week.

And my other two would probably also just be learning the answers to mysteries, even if I can't convince anyone. Knowing the truth myself would still be a personal victory, I think, and maybe I could do some reverse engineering where I find information to back up what I know is true to convince a handful of people at least.

Picking those mysteries... hmm, there's the weird "impact event" at Tunguska in 1908 that would also be pretty interesting to know.

Do the laws of physics still apply to me while I'm time traveling? Like, can I just observe or do I have to physically exist?

If I can just observe:
The Big Bang
Extinction of dinosaurs
Apollo 11 moon landing

If I have to be physically present:
Wright Brothers' First Flight
Tiananmen Square
And also I'd want to meet Socrates, just because he seems like a fun dude to waste an entire day talking with lol

I'm going to find out once and for all what came first: the chicken or the egg

• Haha