Historical Reference ((with Archailfire))

(asdfk;lj sorry it's fixed now! OTL))

Lilith made a face at the part of Mako's collection that involved human ears. She's studied many of the world's cultures over the years and she knew that some of the customs today's cultures had were odd, but it was hard to not be disturbed. I really hope he didn't bring those ears with him, she shuddered, but met his eyes again as he asked her a question. "I'm the leader of my team currently, but I'll be replaced when I get my next field job," she stated, her eyes darting back to the cloak in her hands. "And calm down! I won't do a thing to it, then," she said, now feeling guilty that she could have been so ignorant. Of course the man's culture would hold high regard for anything that represented victory, conquer, and honor, even blood stains. "We'll keep it safe, okay? But if you want to be able to wander around this city, you won't be able to wear it," she said, not mentioning that people would probably think he was a psychopath like she did at first if he wandered around in bloodstained, outdated clothes.

He looked to her a small frown crossing him, "You should fight for your position, kill anyone who wants to take t." He replied seeming dead serious about it as well. After all he was a warrior and his entire people were the same, why would that be any different now. "Good, it would dishonor my family if anything but the rain did anything to it." He spoke with a small sigh looking to her and giving a quick, curt nod. A look of confusion crossed, "Why not? It is a symbol of my status, I am not a mere farmer!" Once again a bit of offence seemed to have been taken while he looked to her again. His eyes meeting hers, staring to her while he tried to understand this odd culture of hers.

"That's not exactly how it works," she explained, trying to keep her eyes from getting too wide because she knew he was dead serious. If this guy was going to stay here, she needed to make sure he didn't kill anyone first and foremost. The scary part is that she knew he probably would do it without remorse. Lilith shook the thought off. "These days, you have to start from the bottom and work your way up to being a - um 'clan leader',"--- and have a crapload of money, her mind added -- "I got lucky this time because I made such a big discovery, and maybe next time I'll get a higher position, but until then, I'm just glad I have a job to do." Trying to handle the cloak with care, Lilith folded it gently and handed it to Mako, meeting his confused eyes. "You haven't left this room yet, so you don't completely realize how different the world is today," she said seriously. "A lot has changed, including showing off one's status."

Lilith wasn't sure how to explain it, knowing that he was already having a hard time grasping just how odd she herself and the little he's seen of the world is. "Soon, the professor's lecture will be over and he'll go for lunch. I'll take you out then, so we can get you some food and you can see just how different this world is."

A slight sigh escaped him, shaking his head while she explained how it worked now. "Seems too complicated, too easy to have someone who doesn't belong there..." He replied with a frown. Looking to her again he frowned, "What do you need to do to get to a higher position in... ar-... archaeolody?" He questioned, trying to repeat the strange word while he looked to her. Taking the cloak he placed it on the table before him a small sigh coming while she reminded him that it had all changed. It reminded him of why he had gone into shock in the first place. Looking to her again as she spoke a loud growl escaped his stomach when she mentioned food, four thousand years of hunger suddenly sprang into his mind. "I am a good hunter... I'll find us some food." He spoke grasping the hilt of his sword in apparent excitement about the prospect of showing some of his skills to her. After all she was pretty and even with his duty he had the need to impress in his veins.

"It really is," Lilith agreed. Like anything in the world, archaeology is ruled by money. Anyone who funds an excavation or expedition has almost free reign on what they can do with what is found. "For someone like me, I need experience and pure luck," she added. Seeing as she wasn't the richest person around, working hard, studying, and getting lucky were about the only things she can do to make a career out of her passion. She knew that this was why she tended to get lost in her studies and work, bu she would never say so out loud.

Lilith was shaken from her thoughts as she saw that the warrior moved to his sword as he was ready to go on a hunt. "No need for that!" she hurriedly assured him. "I'm sure you're a good hunter but we have food already available to eat. In fact, people will make it for us!" Lilith lost track of just how much near heart attacks this man has given her so far in the past few hours alone.

The young archaeologist walked over to the door that connected the windowless room to the lecture hall and took a peek outside. The class had ended and her professor had gone out to lunch already. She was lucky he hadn't come into the backroom during the morning, but he probably knew that she didn't want to be bothered while studying. Lilith came back into the room, locking the tablet boxes and moving to put them back in the shelves. "Come on, the lecture hall is empty," she told Mako as she grabbed her shoulder-bag and house keys. "You can leave the cloak on the desk, no one is going to go in there today."

As she walked out of the room that she had been cooping herself up the past few weeks, she grabbed a hoodie some careless guy left on the back of his chair and gave it to the warrior. "Put this on for now," she ordered.

He looked a bit compassionate for a moment before he gave a small nod, "The discovery of my people wasn't enough?" He questioned looking to her with a slight curious tilt to his head while he pondered how that wasn't the greatest find of mankind. It was a saddening thought after all, to find that the discovery of your people meant nothing in context.

The sudden cry made him blink a bit of surprise crossing him while she spoke. "You have servants too?" He questioned a smile crossing his face, "Well then I suppose the world hasn't changed too much, still, someone must do the hunting!" He spoke though he didn't go for his sword again. A small sigh escaped him. As she went and looked into the conference room he raised an eyebrow before she came back and started packing things up. Standing he went for his cloak only to place it back down with her assurance that no one would take it. He placed his sword down as well, assuming she didn't want him taking it either. Following her he looked to the hoodie before he fumbled with it, taking a while to get it on before he finally managed, the shapes of his arm bracers apparent beneath the cloth still.

"It's... complicated," was all Lilith said on the matter. "Let's just say I'm lacking in a few areas." Pretty soon, she knew she would have to teach Mako about the concept of money and currency and its direct relationship with power. She was grateful that she didn't have to tell the warrior not to take his sword with him but eyed the arm bracers he had on his arms. She sighed and shook her head, deciding it better that he stay as comfortable as possible even if they'll get some odd looks. Most people will probably just assume they were casts from hurting his arms or something. "And no, not servants," she said, leading the way out and holding the door open for him. "Just like it's my job to dig stuff up and study it, it's other people's job to hunt, fish, or grow food. And they give that food to someone whose job it is to cook it," she explained as simply as she could.

She walked through the halls of the university, her current destination an off-campus german fast food joint down the street that she felt was the closest thing currently to Mako's old diet. Few students lingered around due to the fact that it was lunch time, so they were probably in the cafeterias on campus. Originally, Lilith would have gone there for lunch, but figured that Mako wouldn't appreciate the food poisoning he would get as a result of eating the cafeteria's poor excuse for a meal.

((I'm going to head off to bed :) Goodnight!))

He sighed, "Where are you lacking?" He asked looking to her with a bit of curiosity once again. "I can tell you whatever you need to know." His eyes looked to hers while he walked behind her, glancing around the architecture of the building. It was an odd structure, the paintings hanging from the walls, changing. "Even the wolf priests couldn't conjure that..." He mumbled looking at one of the screens while he followed behind her. As she explained the structure of their life he looked rather surprised, "They have clans for all of that?" He questioned seeming surprised. In his world everything was just generalized but here it seemed like everyone had their own tasks.

Following her through the halls he did his best to not be side tracked by the various new items he walked by. Keeping up he spoke again, "I can't be away from the tablets long, it's my job to protect them and make sure the prophecy is fulfilled." He spoke, his voice turning rather serious once again while he looked to her.

"You could do that?!" Lilith said, eyes wide and excited. The things this man could tell her! She could learn so much about the Lykos that they would never be able to otherwise and uncover so many of the mysteries from the time period. However, at the same time, Lilith knew that she would only be able to use the information that she could prove was true with the artifacts but still! At the very least she could find out about the language and the religion and history. Lilith was so excited that she had to take a deep breath before talking more.

"There are no more clans," she tried to explain, thinking of another way to describe it. "Today, we're given these tasks or jobs based on what we're good at. It can be anything and everyone has a job."

"And don't worry," she continued on, "the tablets are as protected as they can be. There are a lot of precautions we take for them, the tablets are rarely ever left alone. And besides, the only people who know they're there worked on the excavation team. Believe me, they couldn't be safer." As she said all of this, they finally arrived to the small German fast food joint Dunderbak's. "... If you don't mind me asking," she started, "what exactly is this prophecy?" She asked as she held the door open for him.

Once inside she grabbed a menu near the register and sat down at a table nearby where she spread it out so Mako could see. "Here's what they have to eat, I'm not sure if you can read it, but I'll explain it to you as best as I can. And you know, if you have any questions about anything, just ask."

((sorry for all the dialog))

He gave a smile and a nod in return, "I could do my best... help you understand the tablets..." He replied with a nod, she was trying to help him so he would be obliged to do the same with her. His eyes looked rather confused by the lack of clans, "They just give you them?" He asked, the idea seemed ludicrous to him. Shaking his head slightly he continued on with her, fidgeting with the slightly small hoodie as they went.

"I still would feel better to be with them..." He replied looking to her before he stared at the store sign, unable to understand it. Following her in none the less he sighed, "The prophecy... it speaks that the moon will leave and the world will end unless the alphess stops it from happening, how I do not know... I am just here to ensure that the alphess does." He replied offering a small, solemn nod. Looking across the menu another look of perplexment crossed him, "what is this?" He asked the food was so different. "No roast hen?"

"No roast hen," Lilith repeated with a small smile. "Why don't I just get us some Wiener Schnitzel and hot dogs with sauerkraut?" she suggested as he looked at the food items. She watched him look at the items on the small menu. This joint really wasn't the best place around, but it offered cheap, decent, edible food and fast too. It may not be real German food, but it was closer than McDonald's was and that place was where she had originally planned to take him. Lilith knew that one of the best and most diverse things of any culture was the food, so she wanted his first meal in modern times to be something that was close to home. Yet at the same time, she was still a college student who had planned to get through her day on energy bars and she didn't like carrying around too much money in the large city so her funds were limited at the moment.

Lilith shook herself from her thoughts as she listened to Mako recall the prophecy. "So who is this alphess supposed to be?" she asked, tilting her head in curiosity. For a moment, Lilith wondered what would happen if she told the warrior that during his time in the iron tablet, people have been to the moon quite a few times already. Though she didn't mention it, figuring that a culture such as the Lykos probably held the moon in great regard, spiritually. Many cultures today still do, in fact.

He let a disappointed sigh escape as she rejected the hen. What she suggested was met with a blank stare before he shrugged and gave a nod. "Alright..." He replied, seeming to have no idea what they were but accepting her choice. He still looked over the menu, some of the items just making him stare blankly before shuddering at the sheer thought of them before he carried on. As she spoke he blinked lifting his eyes to her once again. "Well, she is supposed to be a leader though no one knows it yet. She comes to power when she is needed." He replied with a quick nod. "The prophecy said no one would know her and she wouldn't even know it until the time was correct."

Lilith nodded along as she listened to the prophecy. "Poor girl," she mumbled. "For this to be thrown on her like that." It wasn't that Lilith believed in the prophecy, but she could only imagine what it would feel like to have such a responsibility she had to uphold for the sake of the world. She could barely be responsible for the things in her own life. In fact, she couldn't recall the last time she actually cooked a real meal that wasn't tv dinners, eggs, or ramen noodles. "Hold on a sec," she muttered as she stood up from the table to place the order.

She walked up to the guy at the register and paid for the order. In a few minutes, she had two cups of sodas, which thinking back on it wasn't a good idea for a warrior who has never had a drink with sugar in it. It was too late now though, so she sat down at the table with the sodas and food. Lilith handed Mako the food as she began speaking again. "So what happens when she comes to power?" Lilith asked curiously, this was providing her great insight on the religion of the warrior's people.

He gave a small shrug while she empathized with the alphess. "I see it as an honour..." He replied while he watched her, "It's my honour to protect her." His eyes darted about the restaraunt looking over the odd furniture, though all of this was very odd to him. Giving her a nod as she went to get the food he sat back a bit, staring out the window until she returned. "How do you live with so many people so close?" He asked looking back to her before he looked to the food. For a long moment he just stared at it smelling it for a long moment before he began to eat. It wasn't terrible but it was definitely saltier than what he had home. Glancing up to her he raised an eyebrow. "She stops the world from ending, she keeps the moon from leaving... in essence she becomes the new leader of the world for her reign and unifies them in order to keep the moon."

"It seems more like a burden," Lilith disagreed, taking a bite out of her hot dog and dumplings. "But you're right, the world is crowded. You've only seen a small part, but there are billions of people -- men and women, just like me -- out there. And what do you mean by keep the moon? The moon wants to leave? Is it a person? And so right now, you're looking for her, yes?" She couldn't help the onslaught of questions that spilled out of her. She was so utterly curious as to how this worked.

As the young archaeologist glanced at her current companion, she couldn't help but feel a little sad. The more he explored this world, the more he would realize just how much the world has changed. She figured that by experiencing the modern-day world, he would probably lose a part of his culture. After all, won't it be hard to keep beliefs so outdated? Like this prophecy. How would he feel if he knew that he was sent to protect a person who probably doesn't exist for a prophecy that would never happen? Lilith didn't believe in much, but that didn't mean someone like Mako needed lose his beliefs. Yet at the same time, she felt like she was thinking too far ahead. She would cross that bridge when she came to it, because in reality, the warrior has only been in this time period for a day.

He shook his head, "Nope. Having the entirety of the world looking to you for direction, I think that's an honour." He replied before she continued to speak. "The moon will leave, that's what the prophecy says. The alphess keeps it here... beyond that I am just here to protect her." Mako replied, "I was not meant to awake until then so more than likely this will happen soon, so I need to find her." His eyes glanced to her before he gave a small nod continuing at the food, not entirely enjoying it but not entirely disliking it.

She was right to notice that the changes were confusing him, even shaking him though he refused to let it show. He was a warrior after all, he couldn't show fear or doubt, only strength. In many ways he was likable to a nordic viking, strong, honour bound but lost in a civilized setting. All he knew was his sword and the sound of it meeting meat.

Not in this kind of world, Lilith thought, thinking of all the problems, all of the wars and famine and corruption that has settled upon the world over the past thousands of years. She pushed the thought away and looked towards the warrior, feeling guilty once again that she took him to such a shabby fast food place. Perhaps she should actually go home and cook tonight, just so he could have a homemade meal. It wouldn't be any roast hen, but she would manage. Lilith knew how to cook like a decent person but it just took too much time out of her busy schedule. Still, looking at Mako, she knew that he could use a good homemade meal and perhaps some new clothes. She knew her colleagues would be relieved if she finally took a personal day and left the university for a little bit and she would be able to come back during the night and study the weapons and (hopefully) get Mako's help in the language tomorrow.

She looked at the man across from her, able to tell that his adjustment to this new place was hard on him. Slowly, she leaned over the table and placed a reassuring hand on his bicep and smiled gently. "Take it easy, okay? Worry about yourself for now and your Alphess later. I'll watch over the tablets while you adjust to this world. You can stay at my apartment for as long as you want until you find her," Lilith assured, trying to ease some of the warrior's worries. As much as she didn't believe in the prophecy, she recognized its importance. And who knows, really? Ancient cultural prophecies were always vague for a reason, so perhaps if the Lykos could lock a person into a tablet for three thousand years, maybe they could predict the future. That being said, Lilith was willing to be that if there was some truth to it, the result would be something that the Lykos wouldn't have thought.

His eyes snapped back into reality as she touched his arm, the dense muscle tensing beneath her fingers. Looking to her he seemed to simply stare for a moment before he released a long sigh. "It is my duty to find her, if I don't the world ends... the moon leaves..." He spoke looking up to her an almost fearful look in his eyes. "I have to stay with the tablets, I have to find her." Mako bit at the inside of his cheek. He was obviously stressed, far more than he wanted to admit to her let alone himself. A small sigh escaped him looking away before he finished the rest of his food, starting on his drink only to stare at it oddly. "It... bites like a bunch of ants..." He spoke looking into the liquid as if expecting it to glow from witchcraft.

"But you won't be able to find her yet right? Didn't you say the prophecy said that no one will know until the time is right?" she pointed out, knowing full well that the warrior was still worrying over his predicament. Though she felt better as soon as he tried the soda and commented. "It's an acquired taste," she smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Wait until you try coffee."

((Sorry it's short D: I'm in a bit of a rush ))

((It's fine ^.^))
"I was to awake when the prophecy begins..." He replied looking to her a small sigh escaping him. Glancing out the window he looked briefly to the sky a small frown crossing his face until she spoke. "Coffee?" He asked looking back to her a bit of confusion on his face while his head cantered to the side.