Historical Figurines!

S

Seiji

Original poster
I'm a history buff.

I love history, all facets of it. It was inevitable that I'd start a topic based around the subject, and for my first, I think this one's a rather fun one.

Which historical figure do you most identify with, and why?

I don't know that there is any, but:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Wait...historical FIGURINES or historical FIGURES?

Cuz if I need to identify with a historical figurine then I have this plastic injun taped to my computer monitor. Perfectly stereotypical and crazy looking.

If it's a historical figure then this quote kind of fits into my view on life.

"Since the time of his youth, Crazy Horse had known that the world men lived in was only a shadow of the real world. To get into the real world, he had to dream, and when he was in the real world everything seemed to float or dance…He had learned that if he dreamed himself into the real world before going into a fight, he could endure anything."

*cue Amp looking around dazed in the back of a minivan like the kid who just went to the dentist* "AM I DREAMING?!" *freaks out*

But I dunno, I just identify with that idea a lot. That's probably why people think I'm a huge pothead. But I think the quote has more to do with how you apply yourself to what you're working on or how you approach the problems and challenges in your life. You just can't let things get to you and accept that things are set. You can change anything if you honestly try.