Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairingly Governed by the Cruelly Impartial RNG

What Feature Set Would You Go With?

• Circle Game Relationship Randomizer

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Virtu-Ava Grades Based Combat Avatars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's Do All of It!

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Keep it Vanilla (Just Updating the old Intro Post)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
I wil get mines up soon enough, so you can see how Toshi treats the others^^, he has a lot of enemies though XD

[fieldbox= Relationship List, White, Solid]

Fujiyama Haruka (Female) / Positive / Childhood Friends
"We've known each other for so long, She is the epitome of determined. I respected that, and she's a great friend in general"

Katsumi Yukimura (Female) / Negative / Fierce Rivals
"Entitled, How much do I need to say? We don't like each other. Though she certainly likes to go out of her way to get in my way"

Nozomi Yuri (Female) / Negative / Arbitrarily Friends
"She's just there, we don't really talk one to one much. But I'm sure we could be better friends if one of us tried."

Hilda Narina (Female) / Positve / Childhood Friends
"We been friends forever, I can trust her, which is not a thing I can say to many"

Johann Harisson (Male) / Negative / Arbitrarily Friends
"He hangs around with a few of my friends, and so we talk to each other a little bit. I'd like to know more of him, if just to know it"

Yoritaka Marcus (Male) / Positive / Friends
"He's fun to be around with, We mess around and such."

Hamasaki Toshi (Male) (Male) / Positive / Childhood Friends
"We're each other's backup. Though it is Disappointing what happened between Him and Hilda"

Shimazu Aoi (Male) / Negative / Betrayed Friends
"Ah, people opinions of others change. One day it seemed he didn't like the way I things, a 'small argument' happened, and we really haven't spoken much since. Not that I'm different from some people opinions. His breakup with Haruka didn't help much"

[/fieldbox]

Well, there. Please tell if I've made a mistake with someone's character. Though I tried to make as little assumptions as I could.

Also yeah, Leo is basically Marcus from the last edition of this RP. Same person basically, if not given a few twists due to the new situation.

So Um, Leo is rather Manipulative, Tending not to care for people's actual feelings. Much less what other people think of that person. He always seem to have an agenda, whatever that may be is unknown. Though sometimes he just likes to mess with people because he is bored. He's very friendly and helpful on the outside, though some may say he's kind of a terrible person in general. Definitely a 'Popular kid' though.

But uh, more details when we actual get the CS' up. That's just kinda the surface or something.

[this might be helpful to you]

Aoi's resting face may make him look stoic or cool, but don't let it fool you. He's very playful, happy-go-lucky, and obtuse. So obtuse that it's not rare for him to find himself in strange and/or uncomfortable situations, having unwittingly stumbled into them. He's a great friend but also a romantic flop. Aoi is a bad communicator in general and often needs the help of a friend or two to express his feelings correctly (in serious matters and sometimes in everyday conversation). He's the type who runs from his problems. Anyone who knows him, even people who are just acquaintances, call him by his first name.

AOI'S RELATIONSHIPS
Fujiyama Haruka ['Broken Up' Lovers]
"Haru—I mean, Fuji-san and I broke up. I hope she isn't mad at me, you know how she can get. Not that she's a bad person or anything!"​

Hamasaki Toshi [Rivals]
"Why is Hama-kun so cool, it's not fair! He's always criticizing me too, so I obviously have to return the favor. Man, I wish I had more time to study."​

Katsumi Yukimura [Best Friends]
"Katsu-chan and I are this close!" *he holds up a hand and crosses his fingers* "She's super reliable. But Hilda-chan has a problem with her for whatever reason. I can't figure it out, and it's starting to get on my nerves..."​

Nozomi Yuri [Childhood Friends]
"Yuri is my neighbor, so we've known each other since we were kids. She knows a bunch of embarrassing things about me, though—Hey, don't go asking her about them!"​

Hilda Narina [New Lovers]
"I can't believe she liked my love letter. Even I thought it was kind of stupid. Isn't Hilda-chan perfect? She's so pretty and cute, and she smells really good... Ha, I bet you're jealous!"​

Johann Harrison [Friends]
"Yoyo-kun is my friend, what else is there to say? We have a lot of mutual friends, and he's cool to hang around."​

Yoroita Markus [Childhood Friends]
"I've known Markus since forever. Our moms are friends. He's [#] year(s) older than me, so he's always trying to keep me out of trouble. He's kind of like a big brother."​

Kane Leo [Betrayed Friends]
"We used to be friends, but then I found out how evil Kane actually is. Let's not talk about him anymore."​

original.png
Katsumi Yukimura's Relationships

Fujiyama Haruka (Female) / Positive / Childhood Friends
"Haru and I go way back , as in way back when we were kids . She was one of those kids who actually didn't care about what toys I owned . She was the energetic kid while I was the more quiet one that got her out of trouble . In return , she gave me more fun than I usually did ."

Nozomi Yuri (Female) / Positive / Shoujo Romance Couple
"It was very confusing at first , because I didn't understand why I felt more indifferent towards Yuri , in a really nice way . She just....I can't describe it . She makes me more than happy without even trying . I just hope she won't ever leave my side ."

Hilda Narina (Female) / Negative / Betrayed Friends
"Honestly , I will say that I had no part in ending our once good-natured relationship . All I will say is that Hilda made assumptions and we grew apart . Maybe it would have been better if we weren't actually friends , but it's not like I hate her . I can't even if I wanted to ."

Johann Harisson (Male) / Positive / Childhood Friends
"Johann does not have a sense of space at all . But I guess that's what attracts people to him . Personally , I'm used to it , considering he was almost like the most clingy kid growing up . But he's really a good guy . Even if I don't admit it ."

Yoritaka Marcus (Male) / Positive / Friends
"I can't exactly say much about Yori-kun , but he's nice to engage a conversation with . He doesn't annoy me or get on my nerves , in fact , he can put me at ease , at times . I hope we can talk more as time passes ."

Kane Leo (Male) / Negative / Fierce Rivals
"Don't get me started . He is an arrogant being that gets my blood boiling . I don't remember how this all started but one thing I know is that I don't like him and he feels the same , as well . I plan on staying away from him as much as possible ."

Hamasaki Toshi (Male) / Positive / Protective Siblings
"I feel blessed that I could have Yoshi as my brother . He's the best sibling anyone could ask for . Whenever I'm in trouble , he's always the first one I go to and he has never ever once hurt me in any way , even when we were small . Although , I do get into trouble once in awhile for reprimanding those who speaks ill of him ."

Shimazu Aoi (Male) / Positive / Best Friends
"Aoi is practically my second brother , but my relationship with Hilda is so strained that I feel like I shouldn't mix with Aoi that often now , and that makes me feel...I don't know , it makes me sad . However , I still do hang out with Aoi and he's always cheerful that I somehow forget my worries , plus he knows practically everything about me , so I'm most comfortable with him . Although....I do wonder why my brother and Aoi can't get along enough ."

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have mines up tomorrow after work.

@Katsumi Y.

Oh! Didn't notice that we had different relationship about each other. Your yuki mora has hilda as childhood friend and hilda has her as betrayed friend. Did someone else also have different relationships

Reactions: Makomin
@Lady Sandra I know right ? I was confused but decided to roll with it , thinking that maybe different people have different point of view , so yeah .

@Katsumi Y.
Yeah, that was a fudge up on my part. Katsumi is supposed be 'Negative' / Betrayed Friends with Hilda.

@Everyone
Alright. Hopefully I'll have the sign up thread ready to go by the end of today. I'll be wiring up the Sign Up Thread and my characters in what time I have available to me today. I'll be excitedly waiting to see you all post on your CS there once it's ready to go! I'll make an additional post here once it's ready. Also, I am a bit of a neat freak, so I sort of hope that the sign up thread will just have characters at first. When you do sign up, I will invite all of you to a grou conversation, where you can have 4 page chat antics or discuss things such as 'someone join my team battle pl0x' or the like.

I sort of realized that I was going to tire myself out if I perused writing the lore section in the detail I originally planned. Since I decided on how the 'story' was to be outlined, revealing everything any anything isn't required at the start. Nonetheless, here is some basic information of note that is hopefully useful.

On a side note about siblings. Because everyone has different last names, all siblings are assumed to be adopted. If you two want to be blood related and have the same last name then you can do that, but because that requires a lot of changing beyond your own character profiles, just assuming all siblings are adopted is the less painful alternative! - and if they're twins... well we just say they adopted different last names. >_>

Lore Details on Hisakawa and the World at that Time

Virtual Immersion
Virtual Reality has come a long way from wearing bulky googles on your head. Two major technologies are credited with founding today's modern field of Virtual Reality - known among experts are 'Virtual Immersion'. The two technologies credited for this are:

'Superimposed Active Render Field', which allows for a 3d environment to be displayed in the real world, and be interacted upon. The equipment to set up a field is slowly starting to become less expensive than it once was - and is seeing installation in public places such as Cafe's, Libraries, and even Schools across the country. This technology is based upon similar principles used in the US military's advanced stealth cloaking technology.
'Electropulsar Spinal Attatchment', An electronic device implanted onto a human's spinal cord. It interfaces with the Brain, allowing for sensations such as touch and feel to be simulated by directly inputting signals through the spinal cord. It was originally developed to force organ functions in the event that the brain dies so that the organs may be remain salvageable for hospitals.

All students in the RP can be expected to have the Electropulsar Spinal Attachment installed on them. Understandably, Adults and Elderly may or may not have this item equipped due to health concerns.

Hisakawa Koukou
A Prestigious Japanese Academy that has 'embraced change' since it's founding over a hundred years ago.

Hisakwa was one of the first schools in Japan to embrace accepting international students. It has always encouraged an environment where students are taught to be free of any sort of prestigious, and to exercise independence and responsibility. It's longstanding tradition has made it a highly sought after school for students across the world. Many alumni have gone on to be very successful after graduating. The academy was also one of the first schools to adapt the Virtual Immersion system for it's entire campus. At the time, it was one of the biggest in the world, and most expensive. It implemented the Virtu-Ava system, which was adapted to other schools in Japan and across East Asia, as other schools began installing their own Virtual Immersion Systems.

But, only 6 or so years later, the system is now considered highly buggy and ancient compared to newer and more developed models. With the school still paying off it's debts from the old system, the students and staff at Hisakawa have to contend with the strange occurrences that the 'bugs' in the system cause on their daily school lives from time to time.

Class 2-A
The class that everyone in the RP is assigned to by default. It's worth noting that, because we're under the Japanese School system, students stay with the same 'class' in all subjects.

Class 2-A is located on the second year floor of the school building. The only real notable feature about it is that it's conveniently located a door away from the bathroom on the floor. The teacher assigned to 2-A is the the somewhat detached but unexpectedly observant Mayu Yorihase. A shining example of the dip in the quality of teachers with the advent of electronic learning media. Teachers in this day in age only really exist to make sure students behave, and to give out assignments. Much of the 'teaching' is just done through a pre-recorded Virtual Immersion lesson made years ago.

Social Morals Club
A club that exists solely to stamp out the formation of NEETS 'Not in Education, Employment, or Training' in Japanese Society as mandated by a government policy from decades ago.

the phenomenon of people withdrawing from society was observed at the start of the century. In the following decades, the government aggressively enacted social policies to discourage people from turning into NEETS across all levels. The problem is now considered more or less considered 'antiquated' but the national school system still requires students to participate in this club. Common Club activities include things as simple as 'take a friend somewhere' or 'help out the elderly in town'. Encouraging students to go out and be friendly and considerate citizens. Overall discouraging the development of any sort of phobias in regards to being in public.

Lore Details on Hisakawa's Virtu-Ava System

Bug
In a nutshell, a bug is when one's computer program behaves in unexpected ways, sometimes but not always causing trouble.

Within the context of the RP, any sort of anomaly in regards the the Virtual Immersion system in Hisakawa is considered a bug. Enterprising students may end up discovering Bugs that they can use to their advantage. For example, it's rumored that Students who defeat a teacher in a Virtu-Ava battle get unlimited access to any room in the school in the immediate weekend, for some reason. A smart student who puts together the right bugs may inevitably end up stumbling upon the secret of the world.

Virtu-Ava System
Pioneered by students at Tokyo University's Computing Department. It started out as a simple semester project to show how Virtual Immersion can be used to create an 'unparalleled role-play game experience'.

The simple code design, and one enterprising students' excellent presentation to the National School Board, saw this system be implemented in schools. With the 'stats' based upon student grades. It was argued that it inspired students to work harder in school, and to have a sort of competitive team spirit, a direct answer to Prime Minister Wakabe's 'Social Thought Shift' proposal from the previous decade. Virtu-Ava tournaments are also now considered a sport, with national and global leagues existing outside of the school system. These run on much move complex rules than what students at the 'Japan National Academic League' would be used.

The Virtu-Ava system within the Japanese Education System allows students to design their own '3d Avatar' that they can use to replace their own appearance in school - presumably for Virtu-Ava Matches. For safety reasons, each student is only allowed one 3d Avatar. Though other establishments allow users to have as many different 'models' to switch to and from as they like. The students are also taught 3d animation techniques by being encouraged to design their own 'Special Techniques' that they use in battle. The battles themselves are rather simple, though. Once a fight is initiated, a random subject is chosen. The students respective grades are taken from that Subject, and used to gauge each others respective powers. The person with the higher grade emerges as the victor.

Grade Stats
Grades for Virtu-Avas in the Hisawkawa System are decided by a unique test. Ideally, it was supposed be a test with questions in regards to things they were to learn within their respective year. However, due to a certain coding mishap, each test randomly draws from all High School Grade question banks as well as Tokyo university's Entrance Exam Test banks. This flaw was discovered early on during the development cycle, and despite many students' complaints over the years, this glaring bug remains in place. Thus, it can be said that the grades one gets for their Virtu-Ava is dependent almost entirely on a students' luck when taking the test.

Defeated students feel no pain. Rather just some minor to extreme fatigue upon defeat, simulated through proper signals from their spinal attachment. It is possible to simulate real pain, but that option is locked out in the school system for safety and ethical reasons.

The Rp's Intended Story Outline
I usually plan out my RP's to have a definite ending of sorts. So, to hopefully entice people to follow through, this is the general outline of the RP that dosen't really spoil anything.

Incidents and Attempts at Resolutions Route (hoping for 2-3 to be completed)
Introduces characters and tests their relations. The 'common route'.

Side Arcs (occur in between Incident Chapters)

National Academy Gambit War Side Arc (2-3 planned)
Adds a battle story tone. Adds elements to the battle system, features bosses.

Peculiar World Side Arc (3-4 planned)
Reveals more about the world. Hijinks and school 'bugs' are revealed. Key to unlocking the next part of the story.

Betting the Devil Route
(Requires: Peculiar World Side Arc complete)
Changes the story and relationship dynamic dramatically. Plays more plays a bit more linearly than previously, and ultimately leads to an ending.

Uncertain Waltz Ending
'Rp Died' Ending. If this is posted the RP is done.

Shuffle Loop Ending
Revert to Start of Arc, certain start conditions are changed with the next 'loop'.

Certain Mind Ending
'True Ending'

Last edited:
Johann Harrison's Relationships

Fujiyama Haruka (Female) / Negative / Fierce Rivals
"A girl that acts like a guy . I do not have a thing against that but she causes a lot of trouble . It is always someone else that picks up after her mishaps . But I will not deny that I praise her ability to handle hard labor ."

Katsumi Yukimura (Female) / Positive / Childhood Friends
"Kat-chan had been by my side since we were practically crawling , and I became attached to her really quickly , maybe that is why I am slightly protective of her , or more like clingy , to her ."

Nozomi Yuri (Female) / Positive / Close Siblings
"Yuri and I have the ideal brother-sister relationship one could ever hope to have . Although she doesn't approve of me flirting around with girls , I know she still cares for me , as I her ."

Hilda Narina (Female) / Positive / Best Friends
"Hilda-chan is really amazing ! She had always been my friend since small , but during elementary school , we became really good friends and eventually best friends . I always ask her to count on me , even if she did not feel the need to . But I do have some complications when it comes to Kat-chan ."

Yoritaka Marcus (Male) / Negative / Betrayed Friends
"I have forgotten what had made us part ways from our relationship . All I remember is we got into a heated argument and fight , and that was when I left the 'brotherhood' . I did not see the point in continuing when the trust we have developed was severed ."

Kane Leo (Male) / Negative / Arbitrarily Friends
"Leo was never actually my friend , as I never saw eye-to-eye with most of the things he does . I was just someone who made as little interaction as possible with Leo when he somehow made his way into my social circle . It was discomforting but I preferred to keep the peace ."

Hamasaki Toshi (Male) / Negative / Fierce Rivals
"As long as I could remember , Toshi and I could never get along . Whether it may be a class project or a simple game , we had to challenge each other . Winner got it all until the loser won . But that all lessened when we came to high school . Now , we give each other the occasional cold glare or sarcastic remark ."

Shimazu Aoi (Male) / Positive / Friend
"I see Aoi as someone almost like me , minus the trouble , of course . That is why I am quite happy that Hilda-chan and himself are together . I have the confidence that he will treat her well ."

AUGH! I got so close to posting the sign up thread. But I have to leave for a time. I will cry lakes if my computer restarts on me while I'm away!

Anyway, please look out for these things happening once the sign up thread goes up.

- You'll get an invite to the 'OOC Conversation'. Please reserve the sign up thread - thread for rolls and sign up sheets.
- Most of you should be good to post your sheets straight to the sign up thread once it goes up considering what went on here.
- Please still read the rules before posting those as I did do the 'did you read the rules' character sheet addition.

There we go, the thread is now up, finally! I should have my own character sheet finished and posted later today.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

This looks cool, but give me a few days to go over all the information and make a sheet. @.@
Just letting you know I'm interested, nothing cemented yet.

I'm having a little difficulty in posting my character thread

I'm having a little difficulty in posting my character thread
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding, but the way it is worded... this sounds like it's a question meant for the help threads?

So... after being stranded in Japan, fighting an initial legal battle against Jetstar, coming back and beasting all of my college work only to have another 10 assignments dropped on me, I am back! :) Do you have room for Robert to make a return or are you full now? D:

Oh! Nice to see you again. I'm surprised I didn't get an alert.

Anyway, while we are technically full I will allow you to join in considering you're from the old RP. Some things did kind of change so doing a copy pasts port of your character isn't advised. It's best for me to just point you at the sign up thread and let you have at it. If you have any questions, or it turns out I need to set sign ups to open on the sign up thread for you to post, you can go ahead and mention them the OOC conversation that I'm about to invite you to.