Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Robert West, blue, solid]

Robert%20Ico_zpshjbcoxkw.jpg

#1f668f

[June 5th, Mid-Evening / Outside Shinji's House]

"I'm told it gets better later on, but it's hard right now. School helps, the work is distracting enough, I suppose. The world's nothing but bullshit, so might as well go to class. Plus, I got cast as Snow White to day for the school play. Maybe make that your goal for now, to make fun of my stupid life choices?"

Robert's snigger grew into a chuckle, most of the air escaping through his nose as he brought his hand to his mouth to try and suppress his laughter. "And you wonder why I want to stay away from the place?" he asked, jokingly, something of a smile forming fully on his lips. "But hey, if you really want me to come see your big moment as a disney princess or need someone to really ridicule you afterwards then I guess I can try." A silence descended between the two as Robert looked up to the sky, the evening darkening and the clouds turning a weak red colour from the setting of the sun. *"Hey, Shinji," Robert articulated, breaking the silence as he brought his eyes down to look straight ahead. "Thank you." His thanks came with an unparalleled sincerity, his eyes severe yet the smile remained on his lips. Feelings weren't something easily expressed for Robert. Even something as small as an honest 'thank you' was hard. He wasn't sure how much of his emotional dissonance was down to what happened to his parents and how much was just innate British shyness but that didn't matter, what mattered was how much he meant what he said. It wasn't going to be easy. But he would certainly try to make it to school. He would certainly try to fight against his own demons.

*(Because it sounds better in Japanese: "Ne, Shinji. Arigatou ne.")

@RainDash

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nozomi Yuri, plum, solid]
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

[June 5th, Mid-Evening / The Town of Hisakawa, New Commercial District, North Station]

If she could just read his words like it was out of a book, then maybe it would've been possible to delude herself into thinking that his opinions were kind and earnest. But up right beside him, it was painfully apparent that Leo was just as belittling towards her as ever. At least, that's how it felt. Saying such things and meaning something else but with with slanderous intentions. It was for this and many other reasons that Yuri felt at such disease when was left in a conversation alone with him.

There was just no way... it would be a long way before Yuri could ever speak to this person. Maybe she would never be able to really get along with him.

"I'm starting to think I might fall asleep"

How much longer till the train comes by...?

Coming up with ways to respond was tiring. The easiest thing to do was to simply stop responding. But that was impolite. It was her duty to be attentive and responsive to all the students who sought her out. Regardless, with this particular subject, doing such a thing was a little difficult.

Luckily though, someone familiar soon came by.

"Hello there, Yuri and Leo."

"Ah, Nii-san!" Yuri immediately lit up as she turned to face her brother. "Has your evening been going well...?"

And with that, the sole conversation between Yuri and Leo was over. With her brother there to save her, allowing Harrison to do the talking, Yuri sidelined herself away from Leo.

Loading onto the train and arriving at the station in the old business district, Yuri excused herself to go get groceries for the house, and insisted Harrison go off with Leo home. Letting her take care of the groceries on her own. She was rather persistent about it.

[/fieldbox]

Working together, the clash conquered the school festival with their performance.

Planning, rehearsing, assembling props, memorizing lines. In the weeks leading up to the culture festival, the class worked diligently towards seeing their production being ready for that day. Yuri did her duties of orchestrating everyone to do their part. The first project that involved everyone in the class... it went so smoothly. Yuri couldn't have hoped for anything better to happen. Every member in the class had their own kind of experience. But collectively, everyone put aside their differences, and saw it all through.

As the curtains closed, the audience gave a roaring applause. The play was a success. Marcus' musical selection and new personal scores were advertised by the school. Yuri admittedly felt their play seemed somewhat insignificant compared to the new pieces that Marcus had composed. In the auditorium, among the students and teacher there were a number of people who - by their dress - seemed to have traveled a long way to see him play once again. Despite this, Marcus' return was a massive success. In an unlikely turn of events, Marcus once again became active in the music world. While he was still a part of the class, it was apparent that even partially returning to the music career was a big commitment - as the class saw less and less of him in the weeks that followed.

Though few recognized her for it, it was thanks to Haruka's persistence that Marcus was compelled to put in the extra mileage that really made the class' play shine in it's musical department. In Yuri's mind, she dedicated more time and energy than anyone else - just solely on trying to overcome Marcus' objections. It was because of this that Fujiyama fell behind on other matters that caused her to also become busy elsewhere, just like Marcus. But that is another story.

And finally, Hamasaki Toshi. As it turned out - the big talk of him being the perfect actor turned out to have some truth to it. To everyone's surprise, he was soon signed up to be an actor in a movie studio. His energetic performance caught the eye of a talent seeker among the audience of the play. When asked about it, Toshi had said that he was involved in a movie, but couldn't say which one exactly. Though it was supposedly going to come out sometime in December.

As for the rest of of class 2-A. After the festival, things resumed as normal. That is, until talk about the upcoming sports festival began to come up...

[fieldbox= Incident 1 Result, white, solid]

Incident 1
Notes: Action taken due to
Key Character Departure.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Incident 2, white, solid]
I'll Prove It!
Involving:
@Katsumi Y. - Katsumi Yukimura & @Rithas - Leo Kane

The culture festival went very well. For once, the class really got together and pulled of something amazing for their event. The class as a whole grew closer working for the culture festival... at least most of them thought they did. While Yuri was championing the idea that everyone came together in order make things work out, Kane proposed that everyone had been done thanks solely to Yuri's puppeteering through the weeks leading up to the culture festival. When Yuri contested this, Kane urged her to 'prove it'. By letting the class as a whole have a free hand as they prepare for the upcoming sports festival. Each class in the grade will compete against each other for trophies in various events, as well as some larger events that will pit the three grades against one another.

If class 2-A can score high in a majority of these events - without Yuri's so-called pupeteering being put into play - then it'll prove that 2-A successes really are something they can do themselves. At center stage of this story is Katsumi, wanting to prove Yuri's feelings towards her wanting the best for the class, she took it upon herself in order to see that the challenge can be overcome.... But how can she do this without being blamed for doing the exact same things as Yuri did?

Positive Outcome
Character Relations Improve
Side-Arc - Academy War - Group Battles
Side-Arc - The Peculiar World of Hisakawa - Swimsuit Study Hall

Negative Outcome
Character Relations Go Down

[/fieldbox]

[June 22nd, Afternoon/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Second Floor Hallways]

"Yukimura-san? Do you have a moment?"

"I'd like for us to talk for a second. Could you step outside with me, for a moment?"

A day has passed since Katsumi Yukimura accepted Leo Kane's challenge to the class. A challenge to see whether the class was capable of working together effectively without Yuri's 'interference'.

What this challenge meant, was that for the upcoming Sports festival, the class was going to have to get first place in at least a couple of the events. Maybe even a majority if they wanted to drive the point home against Leo's accusations. Of course, Yuri was completely against this. She already had the daily regiment for the next week laid out for the entire class. Truthfully, a weeks wasn't enough to turn everyone in class into the best athlete at Hisakawa. But preparation was nonetheless indispensable. In Yuri's eyes this whole charade was nothing more than an attempt by Leo in order to put things out of balance for his own amusement.

But the worst fact of the story thus far was that the class went with it, and that it was ultimately Yukimura who had accepted the challenge on behalf of the class. So, it was natural that Yuri would approach her about this. With it being lunch period, Yuri took this chance to pull her aside to finally talk.

"Yukimura-san... thank you." Yuri said as she turned around. Having lead Yukimura outside into the hallway for conversation. "It isn't easy for me to say this to you, but I must. I have to implore you to not give in to Leo's 'challenge.' If there isn't anyone learning the training regimens for the class, then we'll all be completely unprepared once the sports festival comes around. Just going to Physical education like normal isn't going to cut it. If we want to be competitive we have to train - and most of all, it's my duty in order to see that happen!"

There was a quiet urgency in Yuri's voice. She kept it down so as not to be heard by the class inside.

"This entire challenge is just foolish. I understand you may have accepted it in trying to be considerate... But! It doesn't change the fact that it's something I've been assigned to do. If you accepted it for that reason, then let it be known that getting teased by Leo, isn't worth the entire class being unprepared for the the upcoming festival."

Looking intently at Yukimura, Yuri waited for a response. Yukimura was never able to really get across why she accepted the challenge to Yuri. There was a good reason to accept this, there had to be. Or else, why would Yukimura have accepted it?

In any case, it was important to get Yuri on board with the idea. If not, Yuri would likely break the challenge herself - something that she is well aware of drawing the criticism of Leo Kane for the rest of the year. Kane who believed Yuri was the sole reason the class was able to do anything productive, Yuri whose silent wish was for whole class to come together and get along. Maybe, the answer Yurkimura needed to give to Yuri was somewhere in there?

@Katsumi Y.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Yukimura Katsumi, purple, solid"]

Katsumi%20Ico_zpsbjvnfgy1.png~320x480

[June 22nd, Afternoon/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Second Floor Hallways]

Having recovered from the irritation she had felt earlier , the brunette female had made it her goal to ensure that her lunch break was free of a certain old man she , in her opinion , had encountered more than enough today . Katsumi Yukimura had a juice box in one hand as she flipped through the lists of events there were in the upcoming sports festival . After awhile , she felt someone approached her . Being whisked away , she found that it was none other than the 'muse' of the source of this predicament . The brunette did not blame her one bit for this incident , instead she pitied her albeit as Yuri was literally in the limelight . If Katsumi was to lose in the bet of Kane and herself , that would mean that their class would indirectly blame it on Yuri , as well .

"Yukimura-san... thank you."
"It isn't easy for me to say this to you, but I must. I have to implore you to not give in to Leo's 'challenge.' If there isn't anyone learning the training regimens for the class, then we'll all be completely unprepared once the sports festival comes around. Just going to Physical education like normal isn't going to cut it. If we want to be competitive we have to train - and most of all, it's my duty in order to see that happen!"
"This entire challenge is just foolish. I understand you may have accepted it in trying to be considerate... But! It doesn't change the fact that it's something I've been assigned to do. If you accepted it for that reason, then let it be known that getting teased by Leo, isn't worth the entire class being unprepared for the the upcoming festival."

The corners of the brunette's lips lifted up in a slight grin , but all she replied was , "Do you not have faith in us , Yuri ?" .

"Technicalities are indeed important , but working together towards a goal is more important . I am not bothered by Kane at the moment . I might lose and probably be succumbed to be teased by that old man each day , but I wouldn't mind as long as all of us do our best ." , she continued .

"And no need to thank me , it's only natural that one holds responsibility for another that was not 'permitted' to do so ." , Katsumi added before resting a hand on Yuri's shoulder reassuringly .

@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox= Kobe Shinji, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

[June 22nd, Afternoon/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

The days following the play, Shinji had been rarely present in class. The homework was still being done, and turned in on time, but Shinji was just more withdrawn than usual. The polite few words he would exchange with others dwindled down or one or two, and he seemed to be elsewhere when he was present. Sometimes during class he'd ask to leave for the nurse's office, since he wasn't feeling well, and it led to rumors that Shinji had also been cast along with Toshi.

The rumors weren't true, even if Shinji himself wanted them to be. With Toshi being busy, the two barely ever talked, and the divide slowly became big enough where Toshi decided to end the relationship before things got worse. Toshi was the one to end it, and Shinji understood Toshi's decision to do so. It still tore Shinji up inside, and the worst part was that he couldn't show it. He couldn't say anything, so he just kept it tucked away, but it didn't work.

He'd barely paid attention to when the sports festival came up. Something about a bet between Yuki and Leo. Shinji would have said something, but he'd fallen asleep on his desk due to his new habit of staying up all night to play a videogame to take his mind off his problems. It didn't really help all that much, but it was nice to focus on something else for a while.

Shinji woke to everyone going to lunch, and he blearily looked around as he tried to figure out what was going on.

@ Anyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, Solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

("Well if you think I'm wrong! Then prove it!")

Leo yawned, he always felt tired now, he wondered if it was just boredom. He didn't know, he couldn't bother to find out. The festival had went well, much to the joy of his class. Leo did what he had to do, it was all kind of tedious.

Of course now, he at least had something to keep his eye on. He didn't even fully know how it started or why. Either way, there was a bet. All rather amusing at the end of it. Honestly, He didn't think Yuri would be able to keep at it. He assumed she would probably implode as people did things that weren't in the faith of "social morals" or something.

But oh how poor Katsumi had leapt at the chance to impress Yuri. He almost pitied her if it wasn't for the fact that she deserved to be shamed.

Gracefully scooping up the pasta on his plate while walking, he spotted a dreary eyed student. Floating over the barely attentive person, Leo smiled.

He kind of felt sympathetic for Shinji, not outwards obviously. As it was an unknown break-up of an unknown relationship that he wasn't supposed to know about, at least to Shinji. Leo just found it funny on how Shinji was reacting. The normal Shinji would of probably started to hit the moping puddle of sadness with a giant stick.

"Hello? Ground control? You there?" Leo waved his hand in front of Shinji to get his point across. "Not like you to fall asleep, now is it?" He tutted at the now hopefully more then a little half awake classmate before taking a bite of his meal. "Dooo....." Leo swallowed the bite, before picking up his fork and waving it around. "You know where Robert is? I swear he has been avoiding my grasp for a while now, or maybe just everyone's." Leo shrugged dramatically before taking another bite.

Obviously Shinji wouldn't know, seeing as he had likely just zoned in for once in the last few days. But hopefully he would respond with something that wasn't "I don't know" before smashing his face off the table and sobbing about his problems.

@RainDash @-Anyone[/fieldbox]

"Hello? Ground control? You there? Not like you to fall asleep, now is it? Dooo..... You know where Robert is? I swear he has been avoiding my grasp for a while now, or maybe just everyone's."

Shinji was barely tolerating Kane, but letting the gnat know that he was annoying would be letting him win. Shinji, despite being tired and emotionally wrung out, wouldn't let Kane know that he'd won. So he let Kane ramble and do whatever it was that he did to try and get people angry and let it all roll off him.

"Apologies, unlike some students, I try to ensure all my homework has been done ahead of time, even when I'm sick. Sometimes I forget the time and stay up too late. As for Robert, I fail to see why you would care. I haven't seen you two in the same room without you two fighting. Maybe don't look the gift horse in the mouth," Shinji told Kane. "Now go bother someone else."

His patience was thin today, both frustrated at his moping and irritated at Kane. Shinji would have to pull himself together to help Yuki and Yuri, and have to do it soon. However, he was tempted to just stay home and try not to think about the play or Toshi at all. He'd thought that his life would be better permanently, but he barely talked to Yuri, Toshi was gone, and all he had was the troublesome Robert, complicated Ishida, and Johann, who he hadn't really talked to in a while.

Shinji opened his lunch and began to eat, hoping Kane had left. Maybe he wouldn't leave unless he was exorcised. Shinji tried to stifle a smile at the image of Kane as a demon. Maybe a demon that possessed an old bento box?

@Rithas @ Anyone
[/fieldbox]

#1f668f

[June 22nd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

True to Robert's word, he did indeed try to attend school as best he could. There were the odd occasions where he would skip a class but he attended most. Surprisingly, his grades seem to still hold up so there wasn't much cause for the teachers to interfere. Robert just assumed they opted to leave him at the hands of Yuri - a joyous thought, indeed. Having skipped the class on the morning for an undisclosed reason, Robert had swiftly made his way to lunch, picking up some ready-to-go onigiri and a sandwich. BLT. While the Japanese concept of a BLT was a far cry from what he knew in England, it was still a pleasant combination. Obviously, in the typical Japanese fashion, it was lacking in greasy, unhealthy pleasure, but it was nice all the same. Sliding the door to the classroom open, he nonchalantly stepped inside just in time to catch the back end of a conversation between Leo and Shinji.

"Hey, William Wallace," he spoke in English, a clear maneuver to draw the lad's attention away from Shinji who didn't seem to be in the best of moods. "You're looking for me? What's the crack?"

@RainDash @Rithas @Anyone

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Leo Kane, Royalblue, Solid]

"unlike some students, I try to ensure all my homework has been done ahead of time, even when I'm sick."

Leo grinned widely at the comment, "That's unfair to some students isn't it? Special circumstances for all we know! All the troubles people these days face. Tragedy in the family, the world ending, a ravenous alligator tearing their leg off. Sure, the only thing worse would be a break up" Shrugging, Leo tutted at Shinji's next comment.

"Now go bother someone else."

Leo seemed to look around curiously. "Shinji, is it just me or is it suddenly cold, I must just need a sweater. Heal my broken heart from your comments" It was at this moment Robert entered the conversation.

"You're looking for me? What's the crack?"

Spinning around to face Robert, Leo peered at him curiously. "Of course, Sir Robert the third. But that should wait for later" Leo countuined the conversation in English as well, seemingly loosened a little bit at the change of language.

"While you were off plotting to colonize some forgotten land no one cares about. I, well..." Leo frowned, "Did something, which I'm sure...in a few minutes, will certainly come back to me because that what thoughts do when I need them."

Whether Leo had actually forgotten them was a mystery, as it had been known before that Leo had pretended to forget what he was saying simply because he was bored.

"I was wondering whether not you come in, with Yuri not coming to drag you in like a dead pigeon if you did something wrong. Or at least she should for now. I should really set up an actual bet on this." Leo tapped his finger on his chin pretending to be in thought.[/fieldbox]

#1f668f

Robert scoffed at Leo's reply. It was typical of him: causing trouble for others without even being able to give a good reason as to why. Despite his scoff however, Robert smirked at the colonization remark. While he didn't really see eye to eye with Leo and while they clashed a lot, he sort of respected his sarcastic nature. It, at the very least, made their spats of conflict interesting. After all, the Japanese don't really have a good concept of subtext and implied meanings so sarcasm was often something completely lost on them. "Well, unlike your freedom-touting countrymen, we broke our old habits so colonization isn't really on the menu anymore unfortunately. I actually spent my time sipping tea, eating crumpets and praying to my shrine of the Queen, so you won't be too disappointed." Robert's sarcastic reply was delivered with a level of disinterest in his voice and in his body language. Leaning on a nearby table, he idly analysed a dark bruise that lay on the underside of his forearm, not making eye contact with Leo until the very end of his remarks. "Anyway, my comings and goings and my interactions with Yuri are nothing for you to be concerned about so I suggest you simply leave the issue be and go iron your skirt or whatever it is you Scots do..." Robert added, lazily dropping his head to one side.

[/fieldbox]

"That's unfair to some students isn't it? Special circumstances for all we know! All the troubles people these days face. Tragedy in the family, the world ending, a ravenous alligator tearing their leg off. Sure, the only thing worse would be a break up."

Shinji felt as though if he gripped his chopsticks any tighter, they would break in his fingers. How did he know? Did it matter, Shinji asked himself, he could punch Kane out right here and now. Most other people had left the classroom and if he just did an uppercut to Kane's smug face it wouldn't be so smug anymore.

"You're looking for me? What's the crack?"

As if it wasn't already bad enough having to deal with Kane, Robert just had to swoop in. Shinji understood that it was probably for the best, but then Kane made a crack about Yuri. Something snapped. Kane had just been eager to harp about Yuri and call her all sorts of rude things, and Shinji wasn't going to just let him say it.

"I was wondering whether not you come in, with Yuri not coming to drag you in like a dead pigeon if you did something wrong. Or at least she should for now. I should really set up an actual bet on this."

After seething for a moment, Shinji set down his chopsticks and glared at Kane. While his actions were composed and methodical, they were all done with a bit more force than necessary. Kane was a disruption to the classroom activities, if it came down to it, Shinji could probably make a case to Yuri, but that seemed pointless. Kane would just worm out of it like he always seemed to. Shinji no longer had the patience to let Kane just roll over his friends and talk as though he was privy to something Shinji would never share with anyone.

"Kane-san. I suggest you leave before something unseemly happens to you. I'd hate to have to explain how my fist was suddenly slamming into your face," Shinji said through gritted teeth. "Though I suppose you have this problem a lot. Your face is very punchable, Kane-san. Maybe it's the words coming out of your mouth that make it so easy to punch you. If you say anything more, I can't say that I'd be responsible for what happens next."

@Rithas @VengefulPeanut @ Anyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Leo Kane, Royalblue, Solid]

Chuckling at Roberts retort, Leo eyes looked over his body posture. Letting his head droop to one side, Leo curiously let his eyes fall to what Robert was glancing at. A fight? Or perhaps Robert had bruised himself making scones and english pastries. Dangerous stuff, he commented in his mind.

Perhaps he should stop making sarcastic comments in his own head, he thought briefly before Robert continued.

"Anyway, my comings and goings and my interactions with Yuri are nothing for you to be concerned about so I suggest you simply leave the issue be and go iron your skirt or whatever it is you Scots do..."

Raising his hands guiltily, Leo shrugged. "Whatever, but I must tell you that we actually just spend our time yelling about freedom, making the wonderful abomination that is haggis and crying to ourselves about how much we suck at sports." Leo put a hand on his chest. "It's a curse I live with"

"Kane-san. I suggest you leave before something unseemly happens to you. I'd hate to have to explain how my fist was suddenly slamming into your face, Though I suppose you have this problem a lot. Your face is very punchable, Kane-san. Maybe it's the words coming out of your mouth that make it so easy to punch you. If you say anything more, I can't say that I'd be responsible for what happens next."

Leo's face twisting in amusement, he seemed to turn a perfect one hundred and eighty degrees, he stood there for a moment leering at Shinji. Giving him the look an adult looking at a stranger's child threatening to "batter him" would give.

"Can't say can you? Well, you should always be responsible for your reactions. Or did Yuri not tell you that a thousand times already like an broken clock." Leo, placed his hand on Shinji's table.

"See, Shinji, you being so...aggressive and threatening people like this." Leo leaned in slightly, "Not really a surprise you have such trouble with relationships is it?"

@RainDash @VengefulPeanut[/fieldbox]

"Do you not have faith in us, Yuri?"

"I do, of course...! But..."

"Technicalities are indeed important , but working together towards a goal is more important . I am not bothered by Kane at the moment . I might lose and probably be succumbed to be teased by that old man each day , but I wouldn't mind as long as all of us do our best."
"And no need to thank me , it's only natural that one holds responsibility for another that was not 'permitted' to do so."

"I don't get it..." Yuri Lamented as she shook her head. "If this is about seeing how well the class does to work together, then why am I the one who has to be hands off? I'm certain I'm a part of the class as well..."

That question - more like a comment, was aimed at a non-present Kane rather than Katsumi. But, narrowing her eyes, Yrui looked directly at Katsumi - intently. Pondering what her friend had said.

"Yukimura-san. I still think that following Kane's challenge is just playing into his hands. Does answering Kane-san's challenge just mean having you replace me? Someone who'll get everyone to do a training regimen in preparation for this school events that we have to do?"

She cast a downward gaze as she continued.

"That sort of answer is already 'wrong' from Kane-san's perspective."

A fruitless endeavor. If Katsumi's answer to Kane's challenge was to simply replace Yuri, then there would still be a 'Yuri Nozomi' ordering people around. A 'Yuri' who was trying to motivate the class for the sake of their own desires. If Katsumi took that sort of path, if she already was intending to take that path, then the challenge from Leo Kane was already lost.

Breathing in, Yuri looked at Yukimura with a solemn expression.

"I just want to ask you one thing Yukimura-san. If I'm not there to get the class motivated to prepare for the competition - just standing at the sidelines.... then how do you plan to achieve the same outcome?"

It was at this moment that Yukimura would've realized it.

Up until now, Yuri had always been kind and pleasant towards her. Just like with everyone else in class, it was important to Yuri that she ensure the appearance of everything being in control. Everything being planned ahead of time. It was those qualities that gave Yuri Nozomi a deep sense of fulfillment from the duties assigned to her.

"Please tell me."

There was a different weight to her voice.

The Yuri Nozomi who exchange pleasantries with Katsumi Yukimura wasn't there.

Instead, what was there, was the Nozomi Yuri who didn't want to let go of the thing in her life that gave her fulfillment. The only way that she would ever allow that to happen was quite simple if one thought about it...

It was for that someone to come up with a better 'answer' than the one she had.

Yuri had through that she heard inklings of that answer in Katsumi's words, but at the same time, there were parts that made her unsure. She didn't think this sort of abrasive interrogation, vaguely reminiscent to her memories of a middle school Shinji, as the preferred way she'd go about it. But there was no doubt that it was effective in getting the point across. She had to be sure.

Katsumi's intentions towards the challenge, towards the class, and towards the event that was to come up. There was certainly an answer that Yuri was hoping to hear.

If Katsumi could reach it on her own, then it would be the first step forward. Everything could begin from here.

But Yukimura couldn't just think of it as answering a challenge, or for a vague idea of everyone working together. If Katsumi's intentions were meant to appeal to those, then it was best for Yuri to just deny Kane his entertainment, and shut down Katsumi here.

@Katsumi Y.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Yukimura Katsumi, purple, solid"]

Katsumi%20Ico_zpsbjvnfgy1.png~320x480

The brunette female had the feeling that her hectic and argument-filled day was not going to end just yet , even though she was talking to Yuri Nozomi , someone she regarded highly of .

"If this is about seeing how well the class does to work together, then why am I the one who has to be hands off? I'm certain I'm a part of the class as well..."

That's not what this is about , Yuri , she thought to herself before leaning her weight against the table .

"Yukimura-san. I still think that following Kane's challenge is just playing into his hands. Does answering Kane-san's challenge just mean having you replace me? Someone who'll get everyone to do a training regimen in preparation for this school events that we have to do?"

"I just want to ask you one thing Yukimura-san. If I'm not there to get the class motivated to prepare for the competition - just standing at the sidelines.... then how do you plan to achieve the same outcome?"

"Please tell me."

Katsumi knew that Yuri felt as though she was left in the dark . She had no idea whatsoever of what was happening , okay , maybe she did have an idea but regardless , why it was happening and how it was happening . But the look on the brunette's face turned back into her usual stoic one , something she rarely did when it came to her her close friend .

"Okay , Yuri . I shall get my facts , that's of what I know straight to you . This bet , as many would call it , is to see whether our class can handle a situation , in this case , the sports festival , without the constant reliance on you . Because everyone knows , even I , that you take more up more responsibility than you should , even though you claim that it is your main purpose or priority ." .

In the brunette's defense , she was beginning to get tired from answering the immense amount of questions flooded to her by her other classmates , as well , due to their lack of confidence in herself , which she can't blame them for really . What are you going to do , Yuki-san ? How are you going to win against Kane-san ? Is it possible to win without the help of Nozomi-san ?

"My objective is to ensure that everyone works together and train well enough to be able to rise up as champions in this event . I will admit I have a personal goal which is to prove Kane wrong , but my aim to ensure our class wins this event will not falter , if you're suggesting that ." .
"As to how I achieve that , I will plan everything that needs to be done . Schedules for training , picking the best of the best , but also making sure that we concentrate on each individuals' weakness , if possible . I'm not asking you to trust in me , but trust in our class ." .

Her eyes' gave out a emotionless glance before she picked up her things from the table . Katsumi Yukimura was not feeling up to state her position even more now . She was to do that when her class discuss the Sports' festival again . "If you'll excuse me , I shall take my leave now . Goodbye , Yuri ." , Katsumi replied before making her way to the library , wanting some quiet time to herself to think .

@Ehb @Anyone

[/fieldbox]

"Can't say can you? Well, you should always be responsible for your reactions. Or did Yuri not tell you that a thousand times already like an broken clock."

Shinji was shaking with the effort to not strike Kane, at this point. No one would blame him, really. But Shinji could get detention, which would look bad on his permanent record.

"See, Shinji, you being so...aggressive and threatening people like this. Not really a surprise you have such trouble with relationships is it?"

Shinji aimed a right hook at Kane's face with a jab at his nose. All the reasons to keep calm, to be rational, to not let Kane have any ground fell away. Kane deserved this, he just kept poking and prodding and picking and someone had to stand up to him. Yuki was the first, but Shinji didn't care about that. Shinji was tired of Kane just insulting his friends, his love life -which he shouldn't know about-, and all with that smug face like Shinji was nothing more than a small child that wouldn't follow through with their threat.

"You're one to talk! Remind me how every one of your friendships end? Is it an argument so big that the whole school knows about it? I don't understand how you're so popular when everyone is probably just waiting to be thrown away like a broken toy by you! All you are is a two-faced villain in a bad anime, and I'm tired of you just getting your way!" Shinji's words tumbled out, a mess of anger and hurt. By the time he finished he was breathing hard and his voice hurt from yelling. But he wasn't done yet.

"And if you want to talk about Yuri trying her damndest to make this class successful, then maybe you should tease me for making her that way! All she wants is to try her best, and that's what she learned from me, so before you speak like you know Yuri again, Leo, think long and hard if her trying her hardest to help us isn't worth admiring!"

@Rithas @VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Leo Kane, Royalblue , Solid]

Shinji's fist connected with Leo's cheek, he stepped back to dodge the second punch. "Jeez Shinji, that was rather pudgy. It was like I was in a pillow fight" His grin only seemed to widen impossibly as he gently rubbed where Shini's fist had landed.

"You're one to talk! Remind me how every one of your friendships end? Is it an argument so big that the whole school knows about it? I don't understand how you're so popular when everyone is probably just waiting to be thrown away like a broken toy by you! All you are is a two-faced villain in a bad anime, and I'm tired of you just getting your way!"

Leo made a sound close enough to an "Ha", but as if he couldn't bother to waste his breath on drawing it out longer then the first sound. 'Oh bother' He thought, 'Is Shinji going to declare his quest for revenge? To rescue the princess? But would that mean I'm a dragon? or an evil overlord?'

"And if you want to talk about Yuri trying her damndest to make this class successful, then maybe you should tease me for making her that way! All she wants is to try her best, and that's what she learned from me, so before you speak like you know Yuri again, Leo, think long and hard if her trying her hardest to help us isn't worth admiring!"

Leo's head snapped backwards with laughter, before almost folding over the other way.

"I'm sorry," He raised a hand in Shinji's general direction. "I can't take you seriously when you use the word 'tease' what are you? four? Did you get that from her as well? Oh wait, was it the other way around?" He jeered, "I swear it's becoming a trend now" He added.

"And let me just put this straight, before you go on a heroic speech. Yuri trying her 'hardest' for us. Trying to 'help' everyone. As if the only thing she ever has to do is run after everyone. Constantly nodding to everything like a doormat. Never reacting, it's like she's mortally afraid that someone in the world might take offence of the way she pronounces her syllables, there's nothing admirable about that, it's just sad"

@RainDash @VengefulPeanut [/fieldbox]

"I'm sorry. I can't take you seriously when you use the word 'tease' what are you? four? Did you get that from her as well? Oh wait, was it the other way around? I swear it's becoming a trend now"

"And let me just put this straight, before you go on a heroic speech. Yuri trying her 'hardest' for us. Trying to 'help' everyone. As if the only thing she ever has to do is run after everyone. Constantly nodding to everything like a doormat. Never reacting, it's like she's mortally afraid that someone in the world might take offence of the way she pronounces her syllables, there's nothing admirable about that, it's just sad"

There was no way Shinji could hurt Kane. There was no combination of words, truths, or even heartfelt speeches that could get through to him. It was a pointless battle and argument and all Shinji was going to do was end hurting himself more than when he'd started it. All Shinji could think of was the image of Yuri standing alone with the coffee machine, trying to relieve her stress. Kane probably wouldn't understand that at all. Shinji raised his fist only to let it hang limply by his side again.

"You don't even care about people do you?" Shinji asked, trying hard not to punch Leo again, "are you even human? Do you even get emotions or understand them at all? I could talk to you for hours, but all you'd care about is how much you could laugh at me for trying to defend my friend. You're right though," Shinji said, "about one thing. Tease was too light a word for what you do. Maybe 'bully' or 'abuse' would have been better. Because one of these days you're going to end up hurting someone in a way you can't get out of with your sickly sweet words."

Maybe Kane was right about Yuri too, she just spent her time trying to help the class, running around even though she had a part time job, a Social Morals Officer position, and she just took the brunt of the work on whenever asked to. What if it was Shinji's fault she was this way? What if in the course of trying to make her responsible he'd made her take on so much that she didn't have things she enjoyed doing anymore?

The scene with the coffee machine made it hurt all the more. What would have happened if he hadn't seen her there? Would she have taken the coffee, not slept, and just kept going? The lonely Yuri who was just staring into the depths of the machine, exhausted from all the work. Was it really his fault?

Shinji tried to keep eye contact with Kane, but he felt so stupid. As soon as Kane sensed weakness he struck, and Shinji had just taken the bait. Any other day he would have said nothing to Kane, brushed him off and left. It was easy enough to do, and being friends with Robert made it easier. Kane and Robert went at each other's throats so easily that Shinji would just be ignored. Nobody picked a fight with Kane and won, it was common knowledge. There was no way to make the psycho flinch or hurt in any way.

"I half wonder if you just watching us all struggle while you pull the strings. It's just a big game, and apparently, you're winning."

@Rithas @VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, Solid]

"You don't even care about people do you? are you even human? Do you even get emotions or understand them at all? I could talk to you for hours, but all you'd care about is how much you could laugh at me for trying to defend my friend. You're right though, about one thing. Tease was too light a word for what you do. Maybe 'bully' or 'abuse' would have been better. Because one of these days you're going to end up hurting someone in a way you can't get out of with your sickly sweet words"

"I half wonder if you just watching us all struggle while you pull the strings. It's just a big game, and apparently, you're winning."

Raising his eyebrows at Shinji's comment, Leo smirked lazily.

"Oh no, you uncovered the horrible truth that I'm a secret alien from the moon. My plan to dominate the planet have been foiled by you Shinji." He spoke, unblinking, cracking his neck as he said this.

"Stop trying to paint things as if I'm some heartless monster who eats babies for breakfast. Abuse? Please, what have I ever done against you? Don't make me laugh Shinji. While you defend a person who quietly prods into people's business, corrects people on what she sees fit because she has some sort of moral highground. All in the name of social morals." Leo smiled faintly, raising his hands to dramatize the point. "Then she has the nerve to get stressed over people doing any thing she doesn't like. One day she's going to snap and murder us, rambling about on time homework and class attendances as she sticks a knife into some poor sod"

Looking back down at Shinji, Leo tutted. "I'm not afraid to say that I think many things of you. But a hypocrite Shinji? Now that's just disappointing. I thought you were better then that"

@RainDash @VengefulPeanut[/fieldbox]

#1f668f

Robert had held back for the most part. He'd only ever seen Shinji like this on rare occasions... really rare occasions. He wanted to let him handle things alone, to vent as much as he needed to, because he understood the annoyance of people butting in on his business. But this? This was going too far. With a severe frown, Robert looked at the floor.

"I think it's best if you leave, Leo," he spoke in a low tone. "If you really have such a problem with Yuri then you should sort it out with her personally. This? This attacking everyone else? You know what it makes you seem?" he asked, looking directly at Leo. "It makes you seem scared." He sighed deeply. "I'm not saying I have a perfect relationship with Yuri, I'm not saying I don't understand what it's like to be at ends with someone... but this? It just demeans you. I won't let you stand here and attack my friend and openly discredit someone I used to consider close... so leave..." Robert's hands were balled up into fists by his sides but he didn't seem angry. It was more like he was alert. Alert of what could transpire. If either Shinji or Leo initiated open violence once more, he would be ready to break it up - for everyone's sakes. "Leave before something happens that everyone will regret."

[/fieldbox]

Katsumi-san....

That answer is still playing directly into Kane's hand.

"...so leave... Leave before something happens that everyone will regret."

As if by impeccable timing, the door to the classroom, closest to the blackboard, slid open.

"What an interesting conversation I've seemed to have walked into."

Yuri was able to hear a small snippet of what was going on as she was approaching the door. Hearing Shinji's raised voice was like a massive red flag that hurried her arrival into the room.

Yuri broke down the composition of the scene rather quickly. Given that Robert and Shinji were the last ones to speak, and given their and some of the other students' facing, it was apparent where this particular event seemed to be centered on. None other than Kane.

"Would anyone care to enlighten me onto what sort of conversation was going on just now?"

The majority of the students remained silent. Looking passively away, not wanting to get themselves involved.

It was a sort of accepted unsaid rule that Kane and Nozomi kept out of each others' way for the most part. It was just a given that if anything ever went sour between them - then things would simply be bound to get nasty. Most everyone had hoped that they could get through the entire year without anything erupting between the Social Morals Officer and Kane. But, as yesterday showed, keeping them out of each others' way wasn't something that could just be achieved by doing nothing.

If Yuri was Considered as the embodiment of order, then Kane was the natural embodiment of chaos in the class. Them being at odds with one another was just natural. But of course, it was something that everyone agreed was better left avoided. Yuri herself agreed to this proposition, albeit silently.

"I have an announcement to make, everyone. Please listen."

Yuri said as she walked up to the front of the virtual whiteboard. The usual place she took for such class announcements.

"After talking it out a bit, I decided that the class exercise to test our collective personal drives for accomplishment is of some merit. So, I'll leave it up to the class as a whole to figure out how to prepare for the upcoming Sports Festival."

As her short announcement ended, Yuri's eyes wandered over towards Shinji and Robert.

She was still unsure of how things would go by taking such a freehand approach to this sort of event. But, in a way, she did think that there was something worth gleaning off of from Kane's criticisms.

The little bit of growth Robert showed was proof of that. How nice would it be if everyone could pull through like that? Through their own decision.

"That is all."

Checking her watch, Yuri ended her announcement with a final note.

"Ah, and in addition, Lunch is ending in fifteen mines. Remember that it's school policy to compress your recyclables."

It was official. Yuri was going to stay hands off for this upcoming school event.

This certainly didn't mean Yuri could abandon all of her duties to the class, but as for things pertaining to the school event, it was hands off.

Yuri took her seat, and began to work ahead on homework as she normally did. But even among the class there was some mixed signals. There were those who rejoiced at not having to do the extra physical exercise. But there were those out there who felt betrayed too. After the first event, some developed a real sense of pride in the class.

[/fieldbox]

Why would she throw in the towel due to Kane's ramblings?

The answer wasn't immediately clear.

Class moved on like normal.

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

"Stand."
"Bow."

"Thank You, Sensei."

The unmistakable teacher with green eyes waved her hand off in a non-committed manner before leaving the classroom. The end of the day had finally come. A time for clubs or going home.

"...Yuri-san!"

"Yes? What can I help you with?"

"We can't accept this! We already had a full itinerary for all the planning and training we were to do!"
"That's right! If you're not there, the other students won't listen to us!"

"I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to do anything about that at this point. But certainly, I'm sure that the class, together can come up with something."

Yuri said this with a gentle, reassuring nod.

"Kh...! Don't fool with me!"
"Yuri-san... You're the worst!"

The students around the Morals Officer stormed off. Leaving her staring into blank space.

Even Yuri was taken by surprise at the sudden change of heart.

The frozen look of shock on her face was hidden from the other students behind her. Instead, from behind, it looked like she had simply frozen where she had sat.

Their words stung much more than it should have.

There were those who indeed felt betrayed by what Yuri had did. So it was obvious that this would happen - even to Yuri. She had planned these 'meetings' far in advance. Saying that she would be hands off was like excusing herself from those meetings, along with all other responsibility she had promised herself for.

So of course their responses would be sour.

Yuri stood up, in a quiet yet abrupt manner from her seat. She wanted out of the classroom, out of the academy, this instant.

She wanted to get as far away from the school as possible.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Morita Nao, #bf00ff, solid]
Nao%20Ico%20Real_zpsb6bymzzb.jpg

Nao halfheartedly read through the pages of the manga in his hands from his seat in the back of the class. His desk held nothing above it but the boy's pen. Unlike most of his colleagues, he didn't have any food with him; he didn't usually eat until later in the day. His eyes slowly scanned over each pages' contents, stopping occasionally to return to the top of the page and read it over. Though outwardly, he may have appeared to be fully invested in his manga, he wasn't focused on his reading. Rather, his thoughts about recent events held the majority of his attention, as they did for the past few days. The class had managed to come together to create a brilliant performance for the school festival. While Nao didn't do much but help with revisions of the script, he felt a faint sense of pride as everyone celebrated their success. Some students didn't stop there. A few of them pursued their dreams, sparked by the success of their performance, and would no longer be seen in class. To this, Nao felt envious. He didn't want to be a student at Hisakawa Academy. He wanted to be free, and to follow his own dreams. Nonetheless, he was stuck here, and he would have to make do.

A few days ago, his childhood friend, Leo, triggered a conflict within the class's ranks. He claimed that the class's success could only be attributed to Yuri's efforts. Upon receiving opposition, he proposed that Yuri not involve herself in the class's preparations for the upcoming sports festival. Nao sighed as he closed the book in his hands and set it aside on his desk. His sister, Katsumi, seemed to have intentions of rallying the class under her. He wasn't happy about this. Really, he wasn't happy about any of this. He didn't want Leo to say anything provocative. He didn't want to be involved in a potential class fallout. He didn't want Katsumi to steal the spotlight. He had to be better than her, after all. The boy had to face it, though. He wouldn't be able to compete against his sister in a contest of leadership. He would instead have to prove himself better by working hard as an individual.

Nao was about to get up from his desk and talk to his childhood friend when he heard the boy's voice. Nao looked up to see Leo and Shinji standing face-to-face. Well, there goes that idea. He didn't want to intrude, especially if it involved Kobe. It would be awkward approaching him. Instead, he silently watched as their interaction escalated into a brief fight, opposed by Robert. The white-haired boy was disappointed. First, Leo spoke against Yuri, darkening the atmosphere of the class. Then, this. Nao buried his face in his arms over his desk, closing his eyes for a quick rest before lunch ended. He had little doubt that Leo could take care of himself in this fight. He didn't want to get involved either.

The fight didn't last long anyway. Yuri entered the classroom and, like the authority figure she was, gathered the attention of all those that remained in the room. Nao raised his head and allowed his chin to rest over his arms, eyes focused on the girl. His eyes narrowed. He didn't exactly hold Yuri in high regard. He'd prefer not to be in her presence, but he couldn't do much about it now. The Morals Officer briefly commented on the conflict between Leo, Shinji, and Robert, before something huge happened.

"I have an announcement to make, everyone. Please listen."

Nao's eyes followed Yuri to the front of the classroom's virtual whiteboard. Surely this announcement had something to do with the sports festival and her involvement in it. And indeed, that was the case...

"After talking it out a bit, I decided that the class exercise to test our collective personal drives for accomplishment is of some merit. So, I'll leave it up to the class as a whole to figure out how to prepare for the upcoming Sports Festival."

Just like that, half of the room was filled with a tense air. Just by looking around, the white-haired boy could see the discomfort and uncertainty in the faces of his classmates. Nao rolled his eyes. It was appalling just how much the class revolved around this one undeserving girl.

"That is all." Yuri took her seat after closing her short speech. "Ah, and in addition, Lunch is ending in fifteen minutes. Remember that it's school policy to compress your recyclables."

Nao sighed. He figured that Yuri would most likely abandon her role as leader, and following that, the class would be divided. Now that it was official, he would have to make more of an effort to contribute to the class's success in the sports festival. Nao was a lazy character. He didn't look forward to working on much of anything. However, he had to support Leo's side. He wanted to discredit both Yuri and Katsumi. He wanted the class he was a member of to succeed. He wanted this conflict to end, and he wanted to make everyone happy, even if he couldn't partake in that happiness. Nao had plenty of motivators, and despite not being quite as passionate as others, he did enjoy a good competition.

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

Finally, the end of the school day had come. Nao shouldered his bag, stood up, and stretched. It was always a relief to be able to leave the school grounds. The boy didn't like school. It was just pointless work that would lead to more work come tertiary education. That work would then lead to more work as one joins the work force before they retire, waste away, and die. Although he didn't like school, he also didn't like his 'home,' either. 'Home' was a prison monitored by his parents. Hence, after school, Nao was always left to wonder what to do. He wanted to avoid returning to his house for as long as possible, but also had to return at a reasonable time so as not to incur his parents' anger. That left the question...

"What now?"

Nao looked around the class and spotted Leo. He sighed before approaching the boy, with a smile plastered onto his face. "Hey, Leo!" Nao's hands slid into his pockets. "Do you want to go anywhere briefly? I'd like to know what your thoughts are regarding the game show you've gotten us all into. Maybe we can discuss our master plans."

@Rithas @Anyone
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.