Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehb

Literal No One
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below
HK Banner B.jpg

OOC Thread:
Link

There was once a time, when I asked myself:

"Are the Bonds Between People Truly Arbitrary?"

I spent a very, very long time thinking about it.

I looked at myself, I looked at my friends, and I looked at the strangers around me to glean the necessary observations that would lead to a conclusion to such a question.

In the end, the answer was plainly obvious.

"The Bonds Between People are Indeed, Completely Arbitrary."

The reason behind this is quite simple:

People are naturally rotten by nature.

- A Glimpse of the 'Devil'​

Ehb Presents:

My High School Life is Despairingly Governed by the Cruelly Impartial RNG

I would have to agree with the most obvious answer.

The most precious people in my life are my family. All of them I cherish equally. My Father, My Real Mother, my Real Sister... and my New Mother and New Brother. In my eyes, there are wholly irreplaceable. But, in reality, I like my real sister a little more than all of them. My sister is scary, mean, and even violent towards people sometimes. Her common sense of certain ways a girl should ideally properly conduct herself are a bit lost to her. So there are naturally people out there who might not really like the kind of person my sister is.

Nonetheless, I still love her very much.

My sister has a very sweet side that she only shows to a select couple of people. And, when you come to realize how much she really cares about you, it becomes reassuring to know that she'd come to rescue you with your own hands when you're in trouble. For a certain amount of time,. I was always just hiding in Hibiki-nee-san's shadow. That why, from now on, I'll... I will...

[fieldbox= Nozomi Yuri, plum, solid]
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

[June 5th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom 2-A]

The white haired Second Year Girl stared down at her pencil and paper.

"I will do... something? Hmm, writing about Hibiki-nee is harder than I thought it would be."

Nozomi Yuri's focused expression gave way to resigned defeat. Putting down her pencil, she set both of her hands onto her lap. A stretch to help alleviate the past 20 minutes of quiet writing.

"Writing a Social Morals Paper on Hibiki-nee-san without pointing out her long list of Social Morals Violations is hard. It's like trying to write about the ecological benefits of air-dropped landmines in third world countries."

A comfortably mild afternoon at Hisakawa Academy. June 5th.

At the moment, the students of class 2-A are enjoying a bit of free time. With it being lunch, the class is either eating at the cafeteria, or partaking in their meal in the comfort of their home classroom. A time to relax, eat, and chat away the relevant topics of the day. But, for the studious Model Student, it was an opportune time to try getting a head start on an assignment. Nozomi Yuri took it upon herself to start the assignment as early as possible. SO early, in fact, that the only reason she even knew about it right now was due to it being mentioned on the class Syllabus. The teacher had not even actually assigned the paper yet.

Yuri took a look over the classroom. With her follow students with their desks pushed together forming the various groupings of friends in the class, everything was, thankfully, looking very normal. The perfect sort of scene in her eyes, on any other day.

But, it wasn't the case for this sort of today. As her gaze returned to it's default heading, the Snow White-Haired girl thought to herself with an urgent mental tone.

(....I have to say something. Today, we have to get it done now!)

The school-wide festival was coming up this month, and as of right now, her class was the only one whom had come to a conclusion of what to do.

(If this goes on for much longer, we won't have enough time to prepare!)

Yuri couldn't hide behind homework any longer. Today, she was going to have once again start up the discussion about what the class was to do for the School Festival. She could only hope that it wouldn't lead to a reapeat of the 'incident' that has stalled the discussion for the past couple of days.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Incident 1, white, solid]
The Melee Master and the Musical Maestro
Involving: @ERode - Fujiyama Haruka & @Zombehs - Yoroita Markus

Not exactly everyone know about Markus' musical talents. Even fewer were aware that he was trying to keep it under wraps at school. But most certainly, nobody knew that that those two facts would cause him to get into a spat with Haruka.

With the school festival coming up, all of the classes were required to choose a sort of activity the class would do for it. In class 2-A, things started out simply enough. But eventually, the idea of the class performing as a sort garage band came up. Many of the students admitted they weren't particularly good, but thought it would be a fun thing to try to do: considering the theme of the festival this year was 'To Make the Best of the Time That You Have'.

Haruka eventually suggested Markus help out, considering his background and talents. But he quietly dismissed it, saying he wasn't really all that good. Haruka took it the wrong way, and 'corrected him'. She didn't realize he was trying to keep his musical talents a secret to everyone else.

Long story short, the two let their anger get the best of them, and for the first time this year, we almost had a Virtu-Ava battle in the classroom. But it was stopped at the last second. This single scuffle has kept class 2-A in a standstill in regards to making plans, and if this keeps up, the class won't have enough time to prepare anything in time for the festival.

Positive Outcome
Character Relations Improve
Side-Arc - Academy War - Group Battles
Side-Arc - The Peculiar World of Hisakawa - Swimsuit Study Hall

Negative Outcome
Character Relations Go Down
[/fieldbox]

Standing at the digital whiteboard in front of the classroom, Yuri made a fake caught to catch everyone's attention.

"Yes.... So I know everyone is really enjoying their lunch right now, but today I have something really important to announce! Our deadline for submitting our plans for the School Festival on the 20th are coming up soon, and we still need to come up with our own plan as a class."

After the mention of 'plan' Yuri could notice some of the students dismissively looking away, specifically away from Haruka and Markus. Almost expecting them to come out saying something aggressive from the start. It made Yuri's heart sink a little. But she continued on, pressing to get the job done.

"We can be considerate to Markus and not do a band! I mean, why don't we do a play, or maybe a food stall....? Come on everyone! We have to come up with some sort of event... and it doesn't have any meaning of we just arbitrarily pick it. Let's try discussing what we should do, please!"

@Everyone in Classroom 2-A
[/fieldbox]

Annoying Help Text 1 - Incidents

Welcome to Hisakawa Academy!

In this RP, the story is mostly driven by character conflict. Thus, the 'chapters' of the story involve a character conflict between two characters being explored and (hopefully) resolved. In the RP, these are called 'Incidents'. Incidents typically start after the actual inciting event had happened, giving the reader exposition explaining who was involved in the incident and what generally happened. Further minor details can be explored as others make their posts.

Annoying Help Text 2 - Posting Format

Please remember to follow the posting format mentioned in the rules section of the sign up thread. As illustrated in this first post, following this format supposedly tells the reader vital information such as the character the post belongs to, the location, and who is being specifically targeted for reply, all in a pretty looking format.

Annoying Help Text 3 - Underlining to Carry the Conversation

Though not every single post has to; in an ideal world, every post made by an active character is a post that moves the story forward or at least moves the conversation ahead.

When a player Underlines a section of their post, that should be considered as a big sign that says: 'This is how I'm moving the conversation forward, please use this to move it forward / mention it in your next reply!'.

In this first post, Yuri's underlined lines indicate she wants to move forward with a discussion about what to do for the culture festival - that one is relatively straightforward. The other underlined line is a bit more peculiar. It asks the replier to think: 'Is she really being considerate to Markus or is she just saying that to get it out of the way?' It's something you could potentially make a big deal out of, depending on how your character perceives it.

Make good use of these underlines, and the likelihood of other players not knowing how to respond may go down a bit! Try to keep your 'yeah, uh-huh' posts where you simply nod and agree to a minimum. Contribute! Especially if you're classed as a main character - and especially if you're the center of the current 'incident'.

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Kobe Shinji, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

Kobe Shinji looked over the syllabus again. A Social Morals paper, he thought, they really enjoy making sure we're not NEETs, don't they? Shinji decided to do it later, and while putting it off was uncharacteristic of him, there was no way he'd come up with a topic right away. He could probably ask the 'model student' about the assignment later. For now, he just wanted to enjoy his lunch.

He been about to eat some of the tempura shrimp that his mother had made when Yuri made her way to the front of the class. Shinji did not want to be a part of this again. Haruka had a point with Yoroita's talent in music, Shinji had heard of the boy's talent in music class, but just about to fight over the fact that he didn't want to do a concert made Shinji want to bash his face into his desk. And now Yuri was making a statement to everyone, saying that she wanted to get plans finalized and set into place.

Shinji put down his food and chopsticks to talk to her. "Is it necessary that we talk about this now? Wouldn't it be better to wait until after lunch, when everyone's here?" Personally, Shinji hoped that they'd just go with something simple. Expecting him to cook would end badly, and if he acted in a play... well nobody probably wanted him in an important part. "However, a play would probably be best. I don't have the skills to cook anything nor do I have the personality to deal with customers."

@Ehb @People in Classroom 2-A

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Yoroita Markus, red, solid]
Marcus%20Ico%20Real_zpszv5wggml.jpg

It wasn’t that the lunch didn’t taste good, but what happened a bit earlier was more than enough to sour his mood for the day. While surprised, he didn’t think Fujiyama had meant anything from her suggestion. True it was a bit unpleasant to be suddenly dumped in the spotlight, but his reaction had still been unwarranted. With a frown he replaced the lid on his unfinished lunch, figuring he could leave it for dinner or something.

About to leave the classroom to stretch his legs, he paused to listen to Yuri and then sat down. Given he had shot down the idea that most of his class had rallied behind, Markus couldn’t exactly just walk away from a discussion. “The others can give their own thoughts after. As for the band, since it seems most people liked the idea, I’ll participate.” He was hardly enthusiastic about the idea, but it had been stupid to raise such a fuss over it in the first place.

“Otherwise a food stall, if we can set it up outside, should be simple enough. Would leave a bunch of our class free to have fun at the festival as well since it'll only need a few people to run and the class can just rotate through.” While perhaps not as grand as a play or band, the food stall involved much less preparation and was hard to get wrong.

@People in Classroom 2-A
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hilda Narina, gold, solid]
Hilda%20Ico_zpskskutyah.jpg

'Finally some food ready to be eaten!' Hilda thought as she looked at her lunch, she didn't had time to breakfast this morning since she woke up late. Anyway, Hilda just wanted to finally eat something as Yuri wanted to discuss things.

Hilda hasn't liked to admit it, but yuri was right. She sighed and listened to Shinji and Markus before nodding.

"A band sounds like a good idea" She smiled at Markus "But when we decide to make the food stall, who is good in cooking? And the play? Any ideas about what we could do in the play?" Hilda never looked at yuri. She more looked around in the class or on her food as her stomach growled quietly.

@People in Classroom 2-A
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kogishi Hibiki, teal, solid]
Hibiki%20Ico%20Real_zpsgwtcl5ja.jpg

[June 5th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Classroom 2-A]
'God damn, not again.' Hibiki thought as the air hung heavy. She was all too used to living with the air heavy, especially with Harrisson walking around all over the house, it just made her feel awkward. But when it moved over to school life, that is when she get's agitated. And that was never a good thing. Last time the air felt this thick was years ago, right before she decided to grow up a little. She had gotten into a few bad fights and even though she left fuming, Harrisson and Yuri had to deal with her blubbering mess later. So she decided to shut herself up, for good, mostly.

Seeing her sister walk into the room, Hibiki let out a relaxed sigh. Her sister could certainly help diffuse the situation without Hibiki needing to butt herself in, that was until someone decided to insert themselves into the conversation. She would sooner defend Markus than Haruka, well maybe both but it was a tough decision. Attacking Haruka would make things worse, but not defending Markus would also make things worse. Looking up at Yuri for an answer, Hibiki shook her head before speaking up. "A play might be a better suggestion, since food stalls are pretty common. But if we do end up doing a food stall, I suggest you leave me out of the kitchen rotation. We don't want to end up quarantining the school." She joked, smiling up at her sister.
@People in Classroom 2-A
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Haruka Fujiyama, Aqua, solid]
Haruka%20Ico%20Real_zpsd3weu6ss.jpg

Her lunch didn’t taste quite as good that day. A fight was fun, obviously, but only when it was with fists and not words. As it was, Haruka, munching contemplatively on her curry-flavored rice balls, didn’t exactly have that great of a time convincing Markus to do a band. In a class that was full of talented singers, it was pretty much a no-brainer. Jaewon was some K-Pop boy band member, Markus aced his Music score, Yuri had a brilliantly dramatic voice, Shinji also was good during Karaoke…if Class 2-A was going to become the best show during the school festival, that was the easiest thing, right?

And it would be good if Markus could hang out with his middle school pals more as well. If only he wasn’t so stubborn and obstinate and all that crap. Haruka swallowed the rest of the rice ball before licking her fingers of spare grains of rice. If that half-foreigner had a talent, why not display it? It didn’t sit well with her, and the red-headed girl grumbled to herself again, watching the much-too-perfect Yuri try to get the class focused and on topic again.

It was when Shinji first mentioned his own idea that things started clicking into place though. As others bounced around ideas, the gears in Haruka’s mind spun and spun and finally…a wolfish grin surfaced on her face, as she stood up, snapping her fingers. It made sense now! Markus didn’t want to be in the center of attraction, but he most definitely would be in the setting of a band. However, if music WASN’T the main focus…

“A musical!” Haruka exclaimed, ignoring Hibiki’s everything, “We could do a musical! A play featuring a wuxia interpretation of a fairy tale, using people’s talents in martial arts and music! Jaewon, you know how to dance, right? Can you choreograph as well? What about composition? It’s only two weeks, but if we work together and craft a story...Hilda, you write a lot, right? Holy shit, this is so perfect!”

“And as for the lead roles…” That wolfish smile became mischievous now, as Haruka boldly proclaimed, “I’d nominate Yuri and Katsumi!”

“In this type of situation, would you still be fine with lending your musical talents, Markus?”
@Everybody, Put Your Hands Up
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Yukimura Katsumi, purple, solid"]
Katsumi%20Ico_zpsbjvnfgy1.png~320x480

"One bean bun and an apple , please ."

A brunette female decided , even before lunch break , that consuming anything chocolate was definitely not a good idea . After thanking the lunch lady and making her payment , she decided to make her way back to class . It'll probably be more peaceful there and not to mention , quiet . Would she be regretting the decision sooner than she thought .

"A play might be a better suggestion, since food stalls are pretty common. But if we do end up doing a food stall, I suggest you leave me out of the kitchen rotation. We don't want to end up quarantining the school."

The voice of one of her best friends was the first thing that greeted her , once she took her first step into the class . Katsumi's eyes immediately shifted around the room , examining which individuals were in the class . Nozomi Yuri , Kobe Shinji , Yoroita Markus , Hilda Narina and Kogishi Hibiki , plus a few others she probably didn't catch . She sighed in relief internally , thanking the Gods that all of these individuals were not the loud ones . Or at least , she thought they weren't . But it wasn't as though she didn't miss the noise at all , secretly .

Play ? Food stall ? They must be discussing about that festival .

Katsumi didn't mind partaking in those events , as long as everything went as swimmingly as possible . The brunette walked to her desk before taking her seat . She was debating whether it would be wise to give her opinion , as well . She knew roughly what was going on , considering Haruka had started ranting to her about Markus' lack of cooperation since a week ago . And as if by the work of the devil (or angel) , Haruka seemed to have appeared , as well . And the class was not quiet anymore .

We could do a musical! A play featuring a wuxia interpretation of a fairy tale, using people’s talents in martial arts and music! Jaewon, you know how to dance, right?Can you choreograph as well? What about composition? It’s only two weeks, but if we work together and craft a story...Hilda, you write a lot, right? Holy shit, this is so perfect!

The brunette was in awe of how she was still energetic at this time of the day , but all she did was quietly smiled before chewing on her food . That was before-

And as for the lead roles…
I’d nominate Yuri and Katsumi!

The swimmer would have choked if it wasn't for the fact that she was a fast chewer . "Haru , what gave you the idea that I'd be fitting for the lead role ?" , she asked , with the same stoic expression she had on before turning her attention to red-haired female that was conveniently next to her .

@Everyone especially @ERode

[/fieldbox]

YctgokQ.jpg

| Date: June 5th | Location: Lunchroom-Classroom 2-A | Mood: Hyper |

Toshi was in the lunchroom getting his food, which consisted of a lot of meat and vegetables. He smirked at the lunch lady. "Thank you!" He smiled at her, walking off to his classroom. With his food in one hand, and his football in the other, Toshi walked through the halls. He waved at a few people and high-fived a few of his jock friends. Toshi wasn't up for seeing some of the people in class today... after the whole thing happened with Haruka-chan and Markus-san, he was glad he had the break to leave the classroom. That was a little crazy, even for him. At least for once he wasn't the center of the drama in that class.

Once he made it to the classroom, he could hear Haruka-chan talk about the class having a musical. Toshi was down for something like that, it would be cool to be in a play... than he heard who she thought the leads should be... his sister, Katsumi-chan and Yuri-san, that would not be cool or fun. He walked into the class, waving at the people he did like and givng his sister a hug. He than took a seat by Shinji, smirking at him. He sat his food on the desk and started playing with his football. "I think a play would be cool, a musical seems like something that would be a major project. I don't think Katsumi-chan and... Yuri-san should be the leads though. I can be the male lead however." He started laughing, Toshi did like to act, he wasn't all macho jock and sports only, there was another side to the jock head.

He started twirling the football on his right index finger, while he thought about what Class 2-A should do for their activity at the festival. "If people feel uncomfortable with anything that has to do with music, let's just do a regular play. No offense Haruka-chan, but what if we did a play about action and explosions! Something with murder and destruction." He stood up and started making giant hand movements, that resembled an explosive TNT device.

Tagged: @Ehb @Katsumi Y. @ERode @IceQueen @Zombehs @Lady Sandra @RainDash

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Harrison Johann, yellow, solid"]

Johann%20Ico_zpsd1uru005.jpg~320x480

“We could do a musical! A play featuring a wuxia interpretation of a fairy tale, using people’s talents in martial arts and music !"

Johann Harrison could feel his head throb slightly . Earlier , a fellow member of the Social Morals Club had cornered the British-Russian male , when he was to head to the cafeteria and have his lunch . As such , the blond was left with little time on his hands to purchase some nutritional food or even chat up with a few female students from the other Second Year classes . Maybe I could scavenge some food from Yuri or Hibiki , thought the blond male to himself as he sat himself down in the seat next to his lover-stepsister . "Hibiki , do you have anything I can eat to restore my energy ?" , he asked with one of his most gentle smile .

"I think a play would be cool, a musical seems like something that would be a major project. I don't think Katsumi-chan and... Yuri-san should be the leads though. I can be the male lead however."

Really , that man ought to have a handkerchief stuffed up that beak of his , Johann thought to himself before leaning his back against the back of his chair . "I personally think it is a great idea for Yuri and Kat-chan to play the lead roles . My sister has a talent for performing and Kat-chan , in my opinion , is someone who can try her best to portray her emotions ." , the Social Morals Officer voiced aloud . Even though Johann Harrison felt like an outsider in this situation , considering how Markus , Haruka and Toshi were not his biggest fans , he still felt as though his childhood friend's brother was going albeit overboard with assuming that he could play the role perfectly .

As though to add fuel to the fire , the British man stood up before making his way to Katsumi . "I know you can do it , Kat-chan . Besides , Yuri and yourself are really close , I bet you two do not even need to try to make it look believable ." , he complimented before slinging his arm around her shoulder before giving his younger sister who was in front of the class , a thumbs-up .

@Everyone @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Ehb @Katsumi Y. @IceQueen

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

"Right about now is when everyone starts getting back from the lunch Room, I believe. If something is not submitted today, You will probably end up getting an earful from Madame President, Kobe-kun. Thus, the more we get done now will mean less time we will have to use after school when everyone is rushing to clubs. But okay then, so Kobe-kun nominated doing a play. Let me get it up on the board." Responded Yuri to Shinji.

Yuri wrote out 'Play' in the air in front of her. Once finished, she swiped the imaginary word towards the direction of the whiteboard, where it slid into visual appearance. The first of what hopefully wouldn't be too many ideas to discuss over, Yuri hoped. With how tight the schedule was today, she was about 50/50 on saying okay to the 'Maid and Butler cafe' that someone jokingly threw out last time, provided everyone agreed on it.

A number be of ideas were being thrown out by the students in the classroom. Yuri had to get down the ideas on the board while also keeping tabs on the comments and discussion now going on.

A Play, A Foodstall, and to Yuri's surprise, Marcus retracted his feelings towards the Band idea. But, with Fujiyama's idea, things started to seem to come together.

We could do a musical! A play featuring a wuxia interpretation of a fairy tale, using people’s talents in martial arts and music! Jaewon, you know how to dance, right?Can you choreograph as well? What about composition? It’s only two weeks, but if we work together and craft a story...Hilda, you write a lot, right? Holy shit, this is so perfect!

("A Wuxia Interpretation? I have heard that term before, right?")

Of course. That term did pop up in eastern literature last year. In a nutshell, it would be a story about a Martial Arts Hero bravely facing off against all forms of magic and evil. Still, Yuri applauded the idea.

"It's a really nice idea Fujiyama-chan, but like I keep on telling you, please choose the way you word things more carefully."

It was something that had to be said. Yuri was still had hope that Fujiyama could be mindful of the way she said things. It was this same sort of tendency that got her and Marcus into hot water the other day. Still excited, Yuri's Childhood friend continued on. Making a declaration about her desired 'lead roles'.

And as for the lead roles…
I’d nominate Yuri and Katsumi!

The idea was immediately met with opposition by Katsumi Yukimura, sitting right next to her at their desk grouping.

"Haru, what gave you the idea that I'd be fitting for the lead role?"

Unfortunately, Yuri could only say the same for herself as well. She wasn't too confident in being able to do martial arts kicks without making a fool out of herself. In her mind, she and Katsumi would be better off doing logistical work, or being background characters. They certainly could cover any sort of Martial Arts issues using the school's Virtual Immersion Environment, so they'd look like they were doing that sort of thing. But, based on the school rules, everyone involved would be limited to their Virtu-Ava appearances. They would have to get special approval if they wanted 'stay in costume' through the entire show, and do VI martial arts. A lot of things potentially gained by taking advantage of the VI Environment still had a layer of administrative approval to go through. It was worth keeping that in mind.

Eventually, Hamasaki came in to give his personal opinion. Doing so in his usual Cavalier fashion.

"I think a play would be cool, a musical seems like something that would be a major project. I don't think Katsumi-chan and... Yuri-san should be the leads though. I can be the male lead however."

Yuri couldn't help but agree, a musical would require slotting time for rehearsals. As for him being the lead - it sounded more like Hamasaki wanting to be the center of attention. Very much expected of him, but Yuri nor Katsumi probably wouldn't try to object against it either.

"If people feel uncomfortable with anything that has to do with music, let's just do a regular play. No offense Haruka-chan, but what if we did a play about action and explosions! Something with murder and destruction."

Classic Hamasaki.

"Hamasaki-san.... I'm pretty sure Explosions aren't exactly what you'd consider a Normal thing to expect in a play. We're showing this to kids and parents too, so it shouldn't go past Cero B. A story that exists to flaunt around those elements isn't something for a school play - or anywhere else for that matter. If I remember correctly, Wuxia is a bit like Bushido in Concept, right? So I think a story along the lines of what Fujiyama-chan is wanting is the right thing to do. It's all in the name of a righteous ideal."

Returning from the cafeteria, Harisson took no pause to contribute to the discussion.

"I personally think it is a great idea for Yuri and Kat-chan to play the lead roles . My sister has a talent for performing and Kat-chan , in my opinion , is someone who can try her best to portray her emotions ."
"I know you can do it , Kat-chan . Besides , Yuri and yourself are really close , I bet you two do not even need to try to make it look believable ."

"I'm really not that good at acting though, Onii-san. I don't mind working with Yukimura-chan, but I'd also be fine with Hamasaki-san being the lead. He seems to really want to do it."

Yuri's expression was just a little softer as she replied to her Half-Brother. It was a little unfair to have Johann say such a thing when it was him who told her to stop 'acting like a fool' all those years ago. When Yuri thought about acting out in public, the only immediate thing that came to mind was letting her 'bad side' come out. It wasn't something that she didn't want to give a chance to have happening, especially in front of so many people. Yuri Nozomi was someone who saw herself as walking around with a clipboard diligently handling back behind the scenes sort of things - not being up in front on the stage.

Returning back to normal. Yuri looked to the rest of the class to hear more opinions. Several other students in the class stated their support for doing a 'play', becoming the majority choice out of the current options. With this lead, Yuri could move the discussion a bit more forward. Using her hand in yet another gesture to thin air, the list of different options on the board have way to the one about the 'play'.

"Since everyone seems really supportive about it, I think it's safe to say we do want to do something like a play. However, even with this sort of decision, there's still a few things to ask before we submit it to the Student Council. Yorihase-sensei said at the start of classes today that this period would be free-study time instead Math, so lets try to have as clear of a plan as we can make up with this time!"

Yuri tried her best to condense what looked like a massive list of uncertain variables in her head in regards of what could be done for this play. Hamasaki had brought up a good point about how complex a musical could be - so the question of whether to do a normal or musical play came up to question - Yuri implied that Marcus would have a better knowledge of just how complex it would be to organize.

Nextly came up the question of what sort of general story the play would have, though she stressed that anyone could put out an idea. All she asked for was at least enough to know what main parts needed to be played. If they could get those two things settled upon, Yuri felt that she could confidently present it to Madame President without things going terribly wrong once the real planning and rehearsals began.

"I think this is a good place to start off for now. I'll go ahead and say that I think it'll be safer to go with just a regular play but have volunteers to the background music if the want. Additionally, I'll be happy to help out with anything logistical related."

In other words. Yuri politely didn't want to be out on the stage playing a character of any kind.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kobe Shinji, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

Once he'd said his piece, Shinji went back to eating his food. If he was going to get yelled at for his class's lateness, then he wanted to do it on a full stomach. More debate passed, and it seemed like Yoroita was at least somewhat amenable to that idea. At least it seemed like there wasn't going to be a fight right now, but Haru was hard to read.

“A musical! We could do a musical! A play featuring a wuxia interpretation of a fairy tale, using people’s talents in martial arts and music! Jaewon, you know how to dance, right? Can you choreograph as well? What about composition? It’s only two weeks, but if we work together and craft a story...Hilda, you write a lot, right? Holy shit, this is so perfect!”

Shinji's food fell from his chopsticks and he stopped chewing. She had to be kidding. A musical would be a lot more work than she thought it was, because on top of learning lines and making scenery, they also had to learn to sing. He tried to keep chewing his food when Toshi, whom he had failed to notice sit beside him, yell, "I can be the male lead however. If people feel uncomfortable with anything that has to do with music, let's just do a regular play. No offense Haruka-chan, but what if we did a play about action and explosions! Something with murder and destruction."

Shinji choked on his rice ball. As he recovered, Yuri shot down Toshi's suggestion. He needed a few moments to formulate his own reply to Yuri's suggestions. Once he had recovered his thoughts, he stood. "Since we have several ideas on the table, and a musical slash play seems to be taking the lead, we need to first pick the play we're going to do before we start picking out roles for people. I suggest that we stick to a traditional story since that will make it easier to use the 'wuxia' type of storytelling. Any suggestions?"

@People in Classroom 2-A
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, Solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

Quietly watching the discussion unfold, Leo guided a piece of his lunch into his mouth. Chewing slowly, Leo eyes glanced between his classmates. Swallowing, Leo finally spoke. "Yeah, I don't think a musical is the greatest idea. It would take too much time and too much pressure on some. Though, people have already pointed this out so-" Leo took another bite, pausing his speaking.

"I'm really not that good at acting though, Onii-san. I don't mind working with Yukimura-chan, but I'd also be fine with Hamasaki-san being the lead. He seems to really want to do it. / "I think this is a good place to start off for now. I'll go ahead and say that I think it'll be safer to go with just a regular play but have volunteers to the background music if the want. Additionally, I'll be happy to help out with anything logistical related."

Leo smiled, straightening up he seemed to think. "Yuri~" He seemed to draw out. "It would be a shame if you were stuck with something in the background. You should be a leading star! Amazing talent shouldn't go to waste!" Leo spoke, almost passionate. He smiled at Yuri, with a hint of wryness behind his face.

Taking another bite of his meal, He couldn't really be bothered with a musical. Nor could he bothered with Yuri trying to get them to do things and then slinking back in the background. Sure, it was work for her. But he rather she be stuck out in the open.

Staring down at his meal for a moment, he wondered what he actually got. The meal was almost unrecognisable at the moment. Surely he could remember what he bought, he wasn't really paying attention when he got...whatever he got. he was curious, it tasted like nothing. Right now it was just brown pulp.

"we need to first pick the play we're going to do before we start picking out roles for people. I suggest that we stick to a traditional story since that will make it easier to use the 'wuxia' type of storytelling. Any suggestions?"

Leo finished his meal, before shrugging. "Honestly I have no ideas yet, I'm sure someone does. But we definitely doing a play then anything else. I'm sure someone could think of something heroic and great (And boring) " Leo commented particularly bored.

Scratching the back of his head, Leo let his smile return. "Though if we are talking about roles, I'm fine with whatever people want me to be, I'm sure others would loved to be lead. I wouldn't want to take the, spotlight from anyone. Team effort and everything"

@Everyone in 2-A[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Gyo Jae-Won, Teal, solid]
Jae-Won%20Ico%20Real_zpsob0bgs82.jpg
[6/5, Afternoon | Hisawaka Academy, Classroom 2-A | Mood: Annoyed, mildly content]

Jae-won was minding his own business as he pulled out his lunch. He had kimchi and some Korean beef he packed from home. He grabbed his chop sticks and dug in. Slipping some Korean beef into his mouth followed by some kimchi. He didn't really taste much of the delicious food as his mind was elsewhere. He was thinking about the spat between Haji (Haruka) and Markus. He wasn't entirely sure what the spat was about, but he was for sure on his fiancé's side. Most of the time anyway.

Jae-won chose to keep quiet and let the other discuss an idea for the festival. They tossed around ideas for a play, food stall and band. He really wanted to do the band idea but it seemed that idea was thrown out the window for Markus. He scowled at the thought. What made him so special that the class had to cater to him? Little did he know about Markus and his musical talent. The two ended their friendship long before he would have found out about it.

Jae-won was okay with the food stall, he could share some of culture through his Korean dishes. He wasn't the best cooker in the world but he was decent. As for a play, sure he could act. He thought himself pretty damn good as a matter of fact. He was actually scouted for a part in a drama back home.

Jae-won face lit up when Haji suggested a musical. That's the next best thing after a band. He knew some martial arts and he knew all about music even though his grades in the class were mediocre. He just didn't take music class too seriously. "Yeah I can choreograph some dance moves for us if we go with the idea. And I'll be fine with Yuri-chan and Kat-chan as the female leads."

He scoffed and nearly choked on his food when Toshi suggested HE play the main male lead. He be damned if he will be out shined by Toshi. Jae-won kept quiet as he thought about a play Class 2-A could do.

@Everyone in 2-A
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Yoroita Markus, red, solid]
Marcus%20Ico%20Real_zpszv5wggml.jpg

He stayed silent rather than respond to Fujiyama immediately, so others could weigh in before he shot down the musical idea. While nice, the amount of preparation and time that would be needed to work out a production like that was something the class simply didn’t have. Hell, even a play would probably be pretty tiring for everyone in the class to come together and arrange. It was a bit annoying to be on the same side of the fence as Hamasaki, but that was just how the dice fell apparently. “Michael Bay wanna-be’s not wrong. A play with background music is much more feasible, and I don’t mind helping there. If someone else wants to try and handle organizing a musical than they can go ahead.

Given he didn’t really feel too strongly about the actual on-stage portion of the play, Markus didn’t care too much about who took what role in the non-existent story. He knew that Nozomi was a decent actor, but most of that was from middle-school and, if he was correct, she wasn’t all too fond of those memories. As for Yukimura… well, he didn’t know enough about her to say anything regarding her skills on stage, but she didn’t seem too enthusiastic about the idea either. Strange that most of the others seemed to be trying to push them together, but they probably knew the pair better than he did.

“For the play, Momotaro could work? Most people recognize it, there’s a bit of action and fighting involved, and we can even throw in something like the band of onis kidnapped a princess or something.”

@People in Classroom 2-A @Shattered♦Secrets™
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hilda Narina, Gold, solid]
Hilda%20Ico_zpskskutyah.jpg

“Michael Bay wanna-be's not wrong. A play with background music is much more feasible, and I don’t mind helping there. If someone else wants to try and handle organizing a musical than they can go ahead.”

"I would like to help with the background music." Hilda said and started to eat her sandwiches.

"And if you still need someone who can write some story or text for everyone who plays in it, I would offer my help too."

Hilda said looking around the classroom listening to the others for now.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Yukimura Katsumi, purple, solid"]

Katsumi%20Ico_zpsbjvnfgy1.png~320x480

"I know you can do it , Kat-chan . Besides , Yuri and yourself are really close , I bet you two do not even need to try to make it look believable ."

"I'm really not that good at acting though, Onii-san. I don't mind working with Yukimura-chan, but I'd also be fine with Hamasaki-san being the lead. He seems to really want to do it."

"Yeah I can choreograph some dance moves for us if we go with the idea. And I'll be fine with Yuri-chan and Kat-chan as the female leads."

The brunette female had already established the fact that this class discussion was not going to be progressive by that it should've been from the start , especially considering the fact that almost everyone thought that Haru's idea was an absolute perfection . She sighed before turning to face the blond male who had his arm around her , "Johann , you're sweaty ." . Katsumi was sure that her childhood friend wouldn't let her out of his grip , but from all the years she had known him , his pride as a ladies' man was highly regarded by himself . "And just because Yuri and I are close , it doesn't necessarily mean we can work well together on stage ." .

At times , Katsumi Yukimura has the idea that almost her whole class was trying to push the white-haired female's relationship further , but she can't say that she'd change a thing about any one of them . Her smile was not too noticeable but she frowned when she turned to Gyo Jaewon , "Gyo , it's not necessary for you to be fine with Yuri and myself being the lead roles ." . She then pushed the blond male's arm off of her being continuing her lunch .

Michael Bay wanna-be’s not wrong. A play with background music is much more feasible, and I don’t mind helping there. If someone else wants to try and handle organizing a musical than they can go ahead.

"I would like to help with the background music."
"And if you still need someone who can write some story or text for everyone who plays in it, I would offer my help too."

Traditional play and Michael Bay ? Doesn't that make it less....traditional ? Katsumi Yukimura had no problem being involved with any of their ideas , whether crazy or not , but she didn't quite understand this . "If we're having Michael Bay and a traditional play , why not do a mash up of a musical and a play ? It might may do the play poetic justice if we combined modern and olden music , considering how we might do something along the lines of action ." .

@Everyone shipping and not shipping Yuri and Katsumi

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Cookie And Cream~
[fieldbox="Harrison Johann, yellow, solid"]

Johann%20Ico_zpsd1uru005.jpg~320x480

It was as if everything that had just happened passed by by a blur that Johann found himself catching the slightest bit of what everyone had to say here and there .

“For the play, Momotaro could work? Most people recognize it, there’s a bit of action and fighting involved, and we can even throw in something like the band of onis kidnapped a princess or something.”

Although the blond male was well aware that his opinion on what Markus said was clearly insignificant , he still had to say something . They were indeed trying to raise funds and having a play with action and fighting required good audio visual backings , "If indeed we are going forth with the plan of the cliché fight and rescuing theme , I can arrange the audio visuals , that is the microphone , sound systems and etc. . I can also have the lightings arranged if any is required ." .

"Johann , you're sweaty ."
"And just because Yuri and I are close , it doesn'tnecessarily mean we can work well together on stage ."

He had completely forgotten about Katsumi Yukimura and was about to remove the arm that was around her when he realized what she said . "But Kat-chaaan !" , he whined before pouting lightly , hating the fact that she knew how to press his buttons and make him feel small . Johann then proceeded to looking at her and then his sister before saying , "Even if that was true , there is no harm in trying . Besides , it is very well better than having some of us here taking the lead role ." . His mind automatically went back to thinking about the rambunctious male who threw footballs every where like as if it was a Mexican celebration .

@Everyone

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Shimizu Aoi, seagreen, solid]
Aoi%20Ico%20Real_zpsk7mzlati.jpg

[June 5th, Afternoon] [Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom 2A]

xxxx"See ya later!" Aoi fluttered his fingers behind him in a flippant wave as he left the cafeteria and headed down the corridor to the second years' hall. He usually ate lunch in the classroom, but it had been boring in there ever since the spat between Fuji-san and Markus-kun. He'd decided to eat in the cafeteria instead today and take his chances with the crowds that ran amok down there, most of which were friendly with him. Now that he had finished eating and goofing around, he was hurrying back to the classroom before the end of the period.

xxxxHe slid the door open and traipsed into the room. Aoi quickly took a seat next to Hilda and flashed her a grin as he looked around the room in slight confusion. He hadn't expected to walk in on what looked and felt like a class meeting. Yuri-chan was standing at the front of the room next to the whiteboard, which read 'Play,' and different students were chiming in suggestions.
xxxx"Gyo, it's not necessary for you to be fine with Yuri and myself being the lead roles."
xxxx"If someone else wants to try and handle organizing a musical than they can go ahead."
xxxx"If you still need someone who can write some story or text for everyone who plays in it, I would offer my help too."
xxxx"And just because Yuri and I are close , it doesn't necessarily mean we can work well together on stage."
xxxx"Even if that was true, there is no harm in trying. Besides, it is very well better than having some of us here taking the lead role."
xxxx"Why not do a mash up of a musical and a play? It might may do the play poetic justice if we combined modern and olden music."
xxxxAoi's green eyes darted back and forth between those who were speaking, and the figurative gears in his head turned. The class must be discussing plans for the festival. So they were decided on putting on a play or a musical? Did that mean Katsu-chan and Yuri would be the leads?... But wait.
xxxxAoi got up and then sat down on top of his desk so that he could feel like he was part of the conversation without having to stand, swinging his legs back and forth like a little kid despite being tall enough that the toes of his shoes scuffed the floor. He placed his hands behind him and leaned back into his arms. "So what play are we doing?" he asked the rest of the class. He remembered that Hilda had said something about writing a story, and his eyes widened imperceptibly. "Or are we writing and performing an original?"

@Festival Committee for the Class of 2A
[/fieldbox]

YctgokQ.jpg

|Date: June 5th|Location: Classroom 2-A|Mood: Annoyed & Goofy|

Toshi went to sit back in his seat, he did not like how everyone just shot down his idea. Explosions and destruction would make an amazing play... but whatever. Everyone kept wanting his sister to be the lead, even though she didn't want to, he especially didn't like the way Johann was all over her as well. "If MY sister doesn't want to be in the play, she doesn't have too. Stop trying to make her do something she doesn't want to." He shot dagger eyes at Johann, that guy always got under his skin... it was annoying to say the least.

Toshi wondered who this Michael Bay guy was... and why did Markus called him that. He noticed Aoi come into the room, he was cool with the boy, they just disagreed on a lot of things. At least he wasn't a sick bastard like blondy. He was now thinking over different plays and things they could do, since they didn't want to do his first idea. "It's funny... you all want to be in the background, I want to be in the spotlight... but none of you want me to be. So who would play the male lead in this play of ours? Since I am the best actor here." He stood up going in the middle of the growing group. He raised his football in the air with his right hand, looking into it. "O Romeo O Romeo Where Art Thou Romeo." He smirked and stood back up, taking a bow.

Tagged: @Ehb @Katsumi Y. @ERode @IceQueen @Zombehs @Lady Sandra @RainDash @growl @Cookie And Cream~ @Alexstrasza @Rithas

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

Continuing to listen to the discussion, Leo drummed his fingers against his legs. He had decided that it was probably better for them just to decide it now, and rather hear them drum on about the same things again.

"It's funny... you all want to be in the background, I want to be in the spotlight... but none of you want me to be. So who would play the male lead in this play of ours? Since I am the best actor here."
"O Romeo O Romeo Where Art Thou Romeo."

Grinning, Leo clapped slowly, obviously with a sarcastic tone. "Truly you have skills unparalleled. No one can match your skills of playing romantic-torn females." He spoke light-heartedly. The two of them often joked about, no situation was an exception.

Leo thought for a moment before tapping his finger against head. "Ah, of course. If you really want to be male lead, then perhaps we should pick something with a simple male lead" Leo announced jokingly. Though, it wasn't an actual bad idea. 'Traditional story', he wondered. With perhaps a male lead that wouldn't try setting off explosives mid-way through a monologue.

He thought about traditional stories, and his mind could only think of Disney. What else to watch as a child. Of course, Leo thought, we need many leads and apparently some music. Or whatever they wanted, He didn't even think they knew what they wanted yet.

"What about snow white?" Leo blurted out suddenly. "Traditional, can be a musical-" As if realising that it seemed he was actually interested at all in this. He leaned back in his seat. "It seems like a good choice to me. Classical story that all-" He paused, "Most people have probably seen"

A nice and hopefully boring story. (How fitting)

"Plus, if Toshi doesn't want to do it, I can. If no one else wants to."

@Everyone in 2-A[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Status
Not open for further replies.