Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Kobe Shinji, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

[June 22nd, Afternoon/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

"I'm not afraid to say that I think many things of you. But a hypocrite Shinji? Now that's just disappointing. I thought you were better then that"

The words echoed around Shinji's brain. He barely registered Yuri's entrance. He wasn't... he was just trying to... Kane's points weren't particularly effective this time, but being called a hypocrite hit home a lot harder than Shinji would care to admit. Kane was right, even if he didn't know how right he was. He lied to his friends, but was offended when they lied to him. Even if he were to make some kind of point to Kane, it didn't matter.

"Leave before something happens that everyone will regret."

Fighting Kane was pointless. It was like fighting the tide or arguing with a parent, no matter how much you had to try and make a point, it just went over your head and you lost. Shinji turned around and gave up trying, because what did it matter anyway? All his help had just hurt his friends anyway. Robert would give up attending eventually and Yuri would try to help and end up losing to Kane.

"After talking it out a bit, I decided that the class exercise to test our collective personal drives for accomplishment is of some merit. So, I'll leave it up to the class as a whole to figure out how to prepare for the upcoming Sports Festival."

He quietly ate through Yuri's announcement, operating on pure muscle memory as he just tried to get through this class. Once it was over, he could go home and just wrap himself in numerous blankets or do homework until he could no longer focus on it. Maybe he'd look into just getting home schooled, that way he no longer had to hold onto things that were crumbling around him.

He tried to ignore Yuri looking at him, the quiet but accusatory glare that she gave off. The bite of fish he was holding in his chopsticks fell off and he just stared at it for a while before eating it. What was even the point of working so hard anyway? Kane would just ruin it all the second he had the chance.

The day passed quickly by, an Shinji half wondered if he'd been present at all. It felt like someone else in his place, writing notes and doing the classwork. When it was finished he left the room, silently moving away from the hoard of students trying to leave the school. He wanted to think and to be somewhere quiet and alone for a while.

"I'm not afraid to say that I think many things of you. But a hypocrite Shinji? Now that's just disappointing. I thought you were better then that"

The words laughed at him as Shinji picked a far spot in the nonfiction stacks that students walked by. He let go of his bag and curled up into the corner. It was nice to be away from the noise and the stares of the other students for a while. His mother would inevitably call or something, but right now he just needed to think. Kane knew, and in this situation Shinji would do something to try and change his mind. The Shinji that convinced Yuri that trying to motivate others was admirable.

That hypocrite.

The liar.

"I hate you," Shinji muttered to himself. "You should have seen this coming. Kane knows and he's going to hold it over your head forever. You broke Yuri too, you know. If she hadn't met you... it's all your fault..."

He missed Toshi. Toshi was good at feelings and emotions and being there when you needed him.

@ Whoever wants to try and cheer up this sad sack
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

[June 22nd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

"Leave before something happens that everyone will regret." Before having anytime to react to Robert, Yuri entered the room. Leo decided that the conversation had run it's course. Drifting back to his seat, he leaned back and watched.

He was wondering whether Yuri fully accept the bet or not, Katsumi did what she did best and jump into a situation to be a white knight without thinking about it whatsoever.

"After talking it out a bit, I decided that the class exercise to test our collective personal drives for accomplishment is of some merit. So, I'll leave it up to the class as a whole to figure out how to prepare for the upcoming Sports Festival."

Ah,

Nibbling on a biscuit, Leo concerned himself with his own matters for once.

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

"Hey, Leo!"

Looking around briefly in a moment of confusion, Leo smiled once he spotted Nao.

"Do you want to go anywhere briefly? I'd like to know what your thoughts are regarding the game show you've gotten us all into. Maybe we can discuss our master plans."

Tapping a pen he was holding against his nose in an almost conspiratorial way. "Sure~" He said as he seemed to move something into his pockets. "Quick question, does this "anywhere" place have good food? I don't want to get ripped off or anything"

Moving at least at the moment out of the classroom, (Seeing as Leo was just following Nao at the moment). Leo yawned, "What do you want anyway? You do realise I can't give answers to you. That would be cheating, and as the most honest person you have ever met. It would be a disgrace upon my dignity"

As Leo spoke he seemed to be looking at walls or such, perhaps not really listening to the conversation.

@Legulus @Anyone[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Morita Nao, #bf00ff, solid]
Nao%20Ico%20Real_zpsb6bymzzb.jpg

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Second Floor Hallways]

"Quick question, does this "anywhere" place have good food? I don't want to get ripped off or anything."

Not an unexpected response. Nao's smile reverted back to his neutral expression, not for any reason besides him not being one to smile for long. Nao answered, "You've already shown interest in spending time with me. One could say that you're already being ripped off." The boy's purple eyes motioned over to the door before he lead Leo towards it, speaking as he walked, "But no, unfortunately, there won't be food. I was thinking we'd just walk around or commit the crime of loitering outside."

Having passed the classroom door and entering the school's hallways, Nao steadied his pace to match Leo's, walking beside him. With the pair now on their own, without the disturbing presence of the other students, the Scottish student questioned, "What do you want anyway? You do realise I can't give answers to you. That would be cheating, and as the most honest person you have ever met. It would be a disgrace upon my dignity."

Nao's eyes flashed for a second, as if they themselves took in what his friend said. Indeed, Nao had been doing some extensive thinking about Leo's perspective on the recent affairs. Why did he call Yuri out and propose that class 2-A work independent of the girl? Why would he put the success of the class, and by extension, he and his friends, at risk? Why imply that he wouldn't simply give answers, not even to a close friend? There were a few possibilities, but one stuck out more to Nao. He pulled his left hand out of his pocket, adjusting his shirt's collar before returning it to his pocket.

"Just tell me one thing, at least. What do you intend to do? Are you going to rally people under you and compete against Katsumi? Follow her leadership? Work independently? Or, do nothing?" Nao slightly turned his head to the boy beside him to have a clearer view of him, while still being able to see in front of himself.

"Or perhaps, something else?" Nao added as an afterthought. He had a plan of his own for handling the situation, but would rather not follow through with it as it held the same likelihood of sparking more conflict as it did to unite the class as one. Not to mention the amount of work it would involve. The white-haired boy would prefer to follow Leo's decision, if he had an agreeable plan. He was very interested in what Leo's answer would be as well because his response could very well solidify one of Nao's theories regarding Leo's intentions for all of this. There was more to what happened than just some spite against Yuri.

@Rithas @Anyone
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Second Floor Hallways]

"Just tell me one thing, at least. What do you intend to do? Are you going to rally people under you and compete against Katsumi? Follow her leadership? Work independently? Or, do nothing? Or perhaps, something else?"

Leo shrugged, "Well actually I was thinking about getting Katsumi to realise her potential as a professional juggler" Leo paced ahead so that he could turn around and face Nao while slowly pacing backwards.

"Come on, Rally people against Katsumi. This isn't Braveheart-" Leo paused for a moment to consider if Nao had even watched Braveheart.

He probably hasn't.

"I'm not Katsumi, or Yuri. Any problems they have now or in the next few days they brought upon themselves" Leo stopped for a moment, and stared at the sky (Which was at this time annoying blocked by a ceiling) in careful consideration.

"I haven't even done anything. I said a few words and a certain someone leapt at the chance to do....I dunno, whatever she does best.." He seemed to chuckle to himself, a thought had passed his mind. Kept to himself of course.

Seemingly snapping back into focus, Leo looked down at Nao. "And you?" quickly changing to the focus of the conversation to Nao. "I suppose you have something to do, well...want to do about this? A plan you want to...uh, enact. Vengeance against the world? " Leo looked at Nao curiously. Before smiling faintly. "Or perhaps, something else eh?" He grinned as he went on.

"The natural order of things usually always wins...but perhaps..." Trailing off, Leo began to tap his fingers delicately against the wall.

"I'll tell you one thing, I'm not going up there to rally people to an amazing victory, then proceed to hurl bricks at her face. I'm not..." Leo sighed, "Like that..."

Suddenly brightening up, Leo let a snicker out. "Follow Kat's leadership, I'd rather jump off a cliff. Well, again I suppose. Me and long drops have an awful history, and door frames." Leo flailed his hands as to express his height. "Whoever designed the doorframes in this school were seriously not thinking about people who were as tall as me. How hard can it be to make a doorframe that you don't have to be the height of the seven dwarves to not whack your head off. If there's one thing Yuri could do is give that person a good long talking to about Social morals and average heigh proportions. If I was there I would probably just attempt to strangle him at first sight-"

Leo rambled on for a few more moments. Slowly ceasing his chatter, Leo let a delicate smile out.

And refresh

"Oh, right...the-" Leo ~ahem'd~ "Situation, isn't that a funny little thing"

@Legulus @Anyone[/fieldbox]

Nao blinked as Leo took a few quick steps forward and turned to face him face-to-face. "Well actually I was thinking about getting Katsumi to realise her potential as a professional juggler." Amused, a faint smirk appeared on the shorter boy's face before vanishing as Leo continued.

"Come on, Rally people against Katsumi. This isn't Braveheart- I'm not Katsumi, or Yuri. Any problems they have now or in the next few days they brought upon themselves." Leo stopped pacing backwards to stare at the sky, likely in contemplation. Although Nao would have preferred to continue walking, he stopped in his tracks. He wasn't one to force his desires onto others.

"I haven't even done anything. I said a few words and a certain someone leapt at the chance to do....I dunno, whatever she does best..." Nao's left fist clenched up in his pocket. Katsumi. She wasn't technically named, but she might as well have been. Indeed, it was as Leo said; she leapt at the chance to do 'what she does best,' which would be being her hot-headed self. Beyond helping Yuri and opposing Leo, she probably also took this chance to prove herself. Similarly, Nao had plans to take this chance to prove himself, but in a much different manner. His willingness to actually follow through, however, was in question.

Leo looked down at Nao, reminding the latter of how short he was. "And you?" The white-haired boy raised a brow. He'd expected to receive an actual answer before being asked what he would do. "I suppose you have something to do, well...want to do about this? A plan you want to...uh, enact. Vengeance against the world? Or perhaps, something else eh?" He was just about to open his mouth and answer Leo's inquiry, but Leo continued to speak.

"The natural order of things usually always wins...but perhaps..." As Leo trailed off, Nao tilted his head to the side, waiting patiently for his friend to finish. "I'll tell you one thing, I'm not going up there to rally people to an amazing victory, then proceed to hurl bricks at her face. I'm not... Like that..." Leo's downcast was apparent, especially to someone who knew him for most of his life, like Nao. While he didn't show it, Nao noted his friend's emotional face. 'I know,' he thought. Leo may be brutally honest and imposing on others, but at his core, he was a good person. It was just a shame that so few people would know that. The white-haired boy felt a faint response of sadness, but was also glad to be able to see this side of Leo once in a while. It reminded him that he wasn't alone, and that some people, few as they may be, did invest themselves in him.

Nao was about to open his mouth to encourage Leo before once again being interrupted. Leo snickered and reassumed his usual persona. "Follow Kat's leadership, I'd rather jump off a cliff. Well, again I suppose. Me and long drops have an awful history, and door frames." With Leo's sudden change in demeanour, as well as his having flailed his hands, once again reminding Nao of how short he was, Nao could almost feel one of those giant sweat drops from the anime and manga he loved slide down his face.

"Whoever designed the doorframes in this school were seriously not thinking about people who were as tall as me-" It seemed as though Leo was about to go on a tangent. Nao could feel his concentration slipping as Leo went on about the doorframes in Hisakawa Academy, and had to force himself to maintain his focus. "How hard can it be to make a doorframe that you don't have to be the height of the seven dwarves to not whack your head off. If there's one thing Yuri could do is give that person a good long talking to about Social morals and average heigh proportions. If I was there I would probably just attempt to strangle him at first sight-"

"Oh, right...the-" Leo ~ahem'd~ "Situation, isn't that a funny little thing."

Nao smiled warmly, taking in the atmosphere around him. "Yeah..." He said awkwardly. While Leo didn't give him a definitive answer, he felt he now had conclusive information to stop at one of his theories as to what Leo's standing on the sports festival and the events related to it was. It didn't seem like Nao would get much more out of him. The two could see eye-to-eye in this matter, and with the warm interaction the two just had, he felt like discussing his plans for handling the situation. His expression reverted to his usual one of neutrality.

"Well yes, I do have a plan that would meet both of our agendas. You see," Nao pulled both of his hands out of his pockets and crosses his arms. "I think we can both agree that the class needs to be able to function without relying so much on an authority figure like Yuri, or even my sister. I'd like to instill that belief into the minds of our classmates by placing anonymous notes into our class's desks. The notes would essentially say that we should be proud members of class 2-A, and not underlings of Yuri or any other single figure. There are students who don't want to be forced to work, so we can appeal to them by saying that they have the right and freedom to train as hard as they want, reminding them that participation in the festival is optional, and then offering some suggestions for training." Nao's left arm fell to his side while his right arms scratched the back of his head before following his left arm down.

"They'd be signed 'Class 2-A,' which would further appeal to the class in a patriotic sense, and by being anonymous, we wouldn't be throwing another leader up to compete against Katsumi. We'd also send another note to Katsumi, asking her to stand down and leave the class be, attempting to convince her with words and such. Assuming all goes well, the class would have at least a moderate success in the sports festival, and would be more independent, which is what I believe we both want."

As an added benefit, this plan's success would dethrone both Yuri and Katsumi, which Nao held no objection to. It would serve to wake them up without hurting them greatly either.

@Rithas @Anyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Imada Chiyo, #fbceb1, solid]
Chiyo%20Ico%20Real_zpscbxdv0hl.jpg
~June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Second Floor Hallways~

Chiyo rubbed at her eyes, a small yawn escaping from her mouth as she heard the Class President's announcement during lunch, walking in the classroom right about the same time as she said it. She was honestly a little depressed about the whole incident, what was so wrong with Yuri's way of doing things? ...Actually now that she thought about it a bit more, Chiyo could see why people would consider Yuri's habit of taking more work than was needed as 'puppeteering', even if she herself didn't believe it.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful for the youth, and soon it was the end of school. Looking around, the first thing she noticed was her old middle school friend, who looked like he was troubled deeply about something. A ping of sadness echoed in Chiyo's heart, she really wanted to go over and give Shinji a really big hu- No. Doing that probably would just make him feel worse, or at least that's what she thought. As she grabbed her stuff and passed by him, she managed to catch a glimpse of Nao and Leo leaving the classroom, and in a fleeting thought chased after them. As she edged closer to the duo, she caught a snippet of the conversation they were having.

"Assuming all goes well, the class would have at least a moderate success in the sports festival, and would be more independent, which is what I believe we both want."

Nao's tone made Chiyo a bit curious, what exactly were those two up to? On another note, would it be a bad time for her to jump in? Oh well, no regrets now, because she had already caught up with her two best friends, placing herself in the middle, slightly behind the both of them, greeting them as she usually does. Somewhat quiet and formal-ish."Hi Nao-kun, Leo-kun, how's it going?" As much as it somewhat bothered Chiyo, she knew that eavesdropping is not a good trait to have, so instead she chose to ignore it. Actually, scratch that thought, these were some of her closer friends, there was no way she was just going to let them deal with whatever it is on their own. "Sorry if this upsets either of you, but can somebody explain to me what in the galaxy you two were just talking about? I mean, I'd probably understand if it's just some sort of guy secret, or if you just don't want to tell me..."[/fieldbox]

@Legulus @Rithas

"I think we can both agree that the class needs to be able to function without relying so much on an authority figure like Yuri, or even my sister. I'd like to instill that belief into the minds of our classmates by placing anonymous notes into our class's desks. The notes would essentially say that we should be proud members of class 2-A, and not underlings of Yuri or any other single figure." Fight the power!, Leo mused. There are students who don't want to be forced to work, so we can appeal to them by saying that they have the right and freedom to train as hard as they want, reminding them that participation in the festival is optional, and then offering some suggestions for training."

Leo raised an eyebrow at this, "Is that so?" He said mindlessly. "Clearly you have put thought in this..." Leo smirked faintly.

"They'd be signed 'Class 2-A,' which would further appeal to the class in a patriotic sense, and by being anonymous, we wouldn't be throwing another leader up to compete against Katsumi. We'd also send another note to Katsumi, asking her to stand down and leave the class be-" I'm sure that will work out "-attempting to convince her with words and such. Assuming all goes well,-" Assuming "the class would have at least a moderate success in the sports festival, and would be more independent, which is what I believe we both want."

Leo smile shined, "I did say you had a well thought out plan. This is certainly..." Leo hesitated for a moment his face twisting and turning like he wasn't sure what expression to have. "Well..." He began.

"Hi Nao-kun, Leo-kun, how's it going?" Kane span around, smiling faintly at the sudden appearance of his friend. "Hello~" He responded back absent-mindedly.

"Sorry if this upsets either of you, but can somebody explain to me what in the galaxy you two were just talking about? I mean, I'd probably understand if it's just some sort of guy secret, or if you just don't want to tell me..."

Leo shrugged back at her comment. "We were actually plotting how to take over the world. You know how it is, busy stuff taking over the world. You think they would just roll over but," Leo clasped his hands together. "Always some sort of resistance"

Seeming to hold his fist and shake it in the somewhat general direction of the sky, Leo spoke dramatically. "Damn the stars, how dare they not align for the power of magic to come back to me. One day!"

One Day

Turning to Nao, Leo grinned. "Seriously, is there like no food at all going in this or..."

@Legulus @Raven Haruka @Anyonemaybe[/fieldbox]

Having divulged Nao's plan to Leo, the latter seemed to have a moderately positive response. He didn't say much other than, "I did say you had a well thought out plan. This is certainly... Well..."

Footsteps were heard from behind Leo. Nao leaned to the side so he could see past the taller boy and saw his other close friend, Chiyo. He shot a quick smile at the girl before returning his attention to the boy in front of him. He decided to hurriedly wrap up their current conversation before Chiyo met them.

Nao shrugged, "I can be a pretty adept problem solver, especially in diplomatic situations." Stuffing his hands back in his pockets, he added, "And being diplomatic is one of my specialties. I can be very... Persuasive." The boy laughed ironically, parodying the generic villain, "Mwahahaha!" Of course, his monotonous, deadpan delivery was certainly a strange contrast to this. He cleared his throat before finishing, "But yeah, Katsumi might be troublesome. As such, we get Yuri, who should be easy to appeal to, to talk to Katsumi. And that should be the end of that."

"Hi Nao-kun, Leo-kun, how's it going?" Nao turned his body around to face Chiyo, who had placed herself in between he and Leo. Nao and Leo gave the girl their greetings in unison. "Sorry if this upsets either of you, but can somebody explain to me what in the galaxy you two were just talking about? I mean, I'd probably understand if it's just some sort of guy secret, or if you just don't want to tell me..." Ah, Chiyo. She was an adorable little thing. How she and Leo, two completely different people got along so well, Nao didn't really understand, but he was glad. The three of them made up a trio of tightly-knit friends.

Leo took the initiative in responding to the young newcomer, and Nao's eyes fell upon him. "We were actually plotting how to take over the world. You know how it is, busy stuff taking over the world. You think they would just roll over but," Leo clasped his hands together in a dramatic fashion. Here it comes. "Always some sort of resistance." He then shook his fist upwards towards the sky, cursing it. You amusing performer, you. "Damn the stars, how dare they not align for the power of magic to come back to me. One day!"

Suddenly, Leo turned to Nao with a grin and said, "Seriously, is there like no food at all going in this or..." Nao, as if mimicking his friend's dramatic antic, pulled his right hand up and over his face. He spoke sorrowfully, "Alas, our nation's food supply has nearly depleted. We must resort to rations. We'll have to rendezvous at the city centre to retrieve them, or..." Nao lifted his face slightly so that his two friends could see his eyes, which held no emotion, conflicting with his dramatic speech. His tone shifted to a more menacing one as he finished his sentence, "Cannibalism." After a brief pause, he quickly put his hand back in his pocket and returned to his normal self. That was certainly something. It was rare for him to display any sort of emotion, even if it was ironically done for humorous reasons. He returned to his usual, outwardly apathetic self. "But no, no food. Unless you're willing to pay for us."

Nao turned to Chiyo. "Sorry about that. Um, I was just telling Leo all about my master plan for how to manage the current class situation regarding the sports festival. To keep it brief, it'd just be some undercover diplomatic action behind the scenes. I'll tell you more about it later if you like, unless Leo wants to discuss it further." He then spoke to the both of them, "Otherwise, we can go hang out somewhere. Maybe train ourselves for the sports festival if you guys want to participate? I'm not one for hard work or exercise, but I'll try if you want. I can't stay for long, though. Strict family. You know how it is." He played it off casually, but really, his family situation was more than just something like a 'strict family.'

@Rithas @Raven Haruka

[/fieldbox]

~June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Second Floor Hallways~

"We were actually plotting how to take over the world. You know how it is, busy stuff taking over the world. You think they would just roll over but," Leo clasped his hands together in a dramatic fashion. Here it comes. "Always some sort of resistance." He then shook his fist upwards towards the sky "Damn the stars, how dare they not align for the power of magic to come back to me. One day!"

Chiyo wasn't sure whether or not Leo was joking for a second, he seemed to be very compassionate about the subject. It didn't help at all when Nao responded to Leo's question about food, pulling his right hand up and over his face. He spoke sorrowfully, "Alas, our nation's food supply has nearly depleted. We must resort to rations. We'll have to rendezvous at the city centre to retrieve them, or..." Nao lifted his face slightly so that they could see his emotionless eyes, his tone shifted to a more menacing one as he finished his sentence, "Cannibalism."
"Cannibalism!?" Chiyo squeaked out, startled by the sudden change in atmosphere, the two must be serious if Nao actually showed something apart from his usual attitude.

That, or they were just messing with her.

This fact was proven not a moment later, when Nao returned to his usual self. "Sorry about that. Um, I was just telling Leo all about my master plan for how to manage the current class situation regarding the sports festival. To keep it brief, it'd just be some undercover diplomatic action behind the scenes. I'll tell you more about it later if you like, unless Leo wants to discuss it further." "Otherwise, we can go hang out somewhere. Maybe train ourselves for the sports festival if you guys want to participate? I'm not one for hard work or exercise, but I'll try if you want. I can't stay for long, though. Strict family. You know how it is."

This was responded with a relieved exhale from the peach-haired girl, they really had her going there. "Ah, that sounds like cool idea, I'd love to hear more about it later."

At the mention of the sports festival and training, however, Chiyo lowered her head just a bit. As much as she'd like to think that training for the class would be helpful, she had a sinking feeling in her gut that all she would do is trip or fall or break something. Of course, she wasn't about to voice this out, after all what if Leo wanted to train? Instead, she focused her attention on the mention of food. "Ooh, let's go eat something, I'm starving!" It didn't matter if she ate lunch or not, for Chiyo was always hungry. [/fieldbox]
@Legulus @Rithas

[fieldbox=Robert West, blue, solid]

Robert%20Ico_zpshjbcoxkw.jpg

#1f668f

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

As the class continued, Robert eyed Leo bitterly. Yes, the two argued and yes they clashed but they never really did so out of hatred of one another. It was just the way they were. But this? This was too much. Robert was inherently protective and for someone to actively seek to harm his friend and to discredit someone he once considered close was a great offence. As people began to filter out of the class and onwards towards their respective clubs, Robert eyed Shinji looking astoundingly depressed. Sighing deeply, the Robert pushed himself from his desk and wandered over to the bespectacled lad's desk, giving him a brisk clip around the back of the head upon arrival to snap him out of his trance.

"You still with the land of the living?" he asked in a cheery tone, a reassuring smile on his face. "I thought wallowing in misery was my job." Robert dove into his pocket, pulling out his wallet and sifting through the notes. With a look of elation, he pulled out two coupons and offered one over to his friend. "Here. There's a new ramen shop just opened up in town, near school. One of the staff advertising on the street gave me some coupons for discounted meals. Want to go try it out? I can skip my training at the dojo today, too, so don't worry about that." He cocked his head to the side and tried to look as cute as possible. The last thing he wanted was Shinji turning him down, returning home and then mulling over his own toxic thoughts alone. That kind of behaviour was self-destructive - Robert knew that all too well. "Besides, you'd be doing me a massive favour because I really have nobody else to accompany me to this place!"

@RainDash

[/fieldbox]

"Alas, our nation's food supply has nearly depleted. We must resort to rations. We'll have to rendezvous at the city centre to retrieve them, or..." Leo nodded grimly. "Cannibalism."

"Tis true" Leo added.

As Nao eventually decided to tell Chiyo what was going on. Leo smiled as Chiya seemed to be relieved that the two of them were not, in fact, going to resort to cannibalism. "Don't worry, If we did become cannibals. I'm sure we would be cannibal buddies and not our meal...." Leo smiled wryly. "Probably"

"Otherwise, we can go hang out somewhere. Maybe train ourselves for the sports festival if you guys want to participate? I'm not one for hard work or exercise, but I'll try if you want. I can't stay for long, though. Strict family. You know how it is." Leo shrugged again, perhaps a little more intensive.

"Sure~" He droned out.

"Ooh, let's go eat something, I'm starving!" As if hearing Chiyo's plea, Leo's stomach grumbled furiously. Frowned, he patted it as if he was telling a small child off. "Options....Options" Thinking for a moment, Leo let out a third and possibly most intensive shrug he had ever done. "I dunno, usually I just let people lead the way, can never read the signs probably....There's a new watch-yah-call it shop opened up not too far from here. Though I have no idea how to get there. But I think I just want food in my belly"

Leo let a finger touch his nose, "Oh, but as you said, Excerise, Training...All very important! And we shall do it! Taking Initiative is the first key to success! Probably, but without food we will waste away into nothingness."

His stomach grumbled again in spite. "Then again, cannibalism isn't sounding too bad right now"

So little time, so much to do.

"Onwards!" Leo spoke in a serious tone, taking a few large strides before turning around. He leaned in to the two, "Uh, one of you are supposed to go ahead and lead us somewhere."

And not enough money for my hunger to be filled.

@Legulus @RavenHaruka[/fieldbox]

Nao looked over to Chiyo, letting out the smallest of chuckles, as relief fell upon her. So cute. So innocent. He almost felt bad that a girl like Chiyo was stuck with a crowd like he and Leo. The varied personalities of this small circle of friends did make for some amusing interactions, though. It was almost like an anime.

"Don't worry, If we did become cannibals. I'm sure we would be cannibal buddies and not our meal...." Nao nodded to Leo in agreement, "Mhm." It was funny. Conversations between Leo and Nao were often exchanges of playful remarks. When Chiyo would join in, just like she walked into their friend circle, she would be the target of this behaviour from both of the boys. Such was one perk of having a varied cast of characters in this group.

"Ooh, let's go eat something, I'm starving!" As if on cue, Leo's stomach grumbled. "Options....Options." And there was another deviance. While Nao's two friends seemed to always be hungry, he didn't eat much. He never ate breakfast, and would rarely eat lunch. He would eat something after school, and sometimes at the dinner table, but other than that, nothing in most cases. It was at times like these where he felt like a father watching over his hungry children. Luckily, though, it was after-school hours, and by this time he would be hungry himself.

Leo shrugged, "I dunno, usually I just let people lead the way, can never read the signs probably....There's a new watch-yah-call it shop opened up not too far from here. Though I have no idea how to get there. But I think I just want food in my belly." Nao elected to tease Leo further regarding the prospect of food, saying, "Just remember, you're paying. Unless you want to lead a hunt in the wilderness."

"Oh, but as you said, Excerise, Training... All very important! And we shall do it! Taking Initiative is the first key to success! Probably, but without food we will waste away into nothingness." Nao nodded in agreement, though he didn't look forward to the idea of having to exercise. Not only was it hard work, but it also involved strenuous physical exertion that wasn't involved in paperwork; it was the worst kind of work. Still, if it's what Leo wanted to do, then he'd follow along. He may just try to play coach or leave early.

Leo's stomach rumbled again, and acknowledging that, he added, "Then again, cannibalism isn't sounding too bad right now." Nao's gaze fell upon Chiyo, anticipating a response.

The taller boy shouted authoritatively, "Onwards!" He took lead while Nao and Chiyo stayed behind, watching his back, before he returned to them. "Uh, one of you are supposed to go ahead and lead us somewhere." Nao pulled his phone out of his right pocket to check the time before returning it to its rightful place. "Maybe we'll just go buy something with your money, Leo." He shrugged, continuing, "Humans are nice and all, but sometimes you've just gotta assert your dominance on other species." Nao wasn't much for being a leader, but he stepped forward, leading the group outside of the school. He'd have to hurry so that he could make it back home in time, and he didn't think Chiyo would be the type to take initiative. She may just have an opinion on where to go, though, so he asked the girl behind him, "So where do you want to go? Hopefully not a 100-star restaurant like 'We Bring You Overpriced Food.' Something you'd usually find in RPGs. We'd be there forever."

Nao then remembered to address the matter of training. 'This is going to suck, but...' The white-haired boy tilted his head back, watching the ceiling pass by him as he walked. "Then we could go and do that training, or," Nao looked back at Leo and Chiyo, "We could make a run for it right now and get that training out of the way as we travel towards our destination." Not giving them any time to answer, Nao's pace quickened to a brisk walk, a jog, and then a full-on run as they neared the school exit. He hated work. He hated physical exertion. This was, however, a way to pick up the pace, cut some corners, and overall, decrease the amount of time they would be out while still getting some exercise in. Not to mention that it seemed like a fun way to do it as well. He didn't really want to end their outing quickly. He wanted it to last forever. However, his home situation demanded otherwise. And even besides that, there was always that fear that good times like these would suddenly end. Life was cruel like that.

@Rithas @Raven Haruka
[/fieldbox]

"Oh, but as you said, Excerise, Training...All very important! And we shall do it! Taking Initiative is the first key to success! Probably, but without food we will waste away into nothingness." While Chiyo was very happy about her friend agreeing with her idea on food, she mentally sighed at the fact that he wanted to train. Why did she knew he was going to say that?

"Then again, cannibalism isn't sounding too bad right now." "Hey! Cannibalism is sounding very bad right now! Geez..." Chiyo lightly smacked the boy's back playfully, before he attempted to lead the group, instead letting Nao take the lead. "So where do you want to go? Hopefully not a 100-star restaurant like 'We Bring You Overpriced Food.' Something you'd usually find in RPGs. We'd be there forever." The question directed at her was somewhat surprising, she expected him to ask Leo. Laughing a little about the comment afterward, she took maybe half a second to think about it.

"How about that new ramen shop that just opened? It's close, and I even got some discount coupons!"

A giant grin landed on Chiyo's face as she remembered the staff who was handing out the coupons, and taking out three of them, she waved them in front of herself. Her spirits soon plummeted, however, when she heard the next thing that came out of Nao's mouth. "Then we could go and do that training, or," Chiyo felt a comical sense of dread as he looked back at the two of them, "We could make a run for it right now and get that training out of the way as we travel towards our destination." Not giving them any time to answer, Nao's took off, starting with a brisk walk and eventually sprinting.

"H-hey! Nao-kun!" Geez, the guy didn't even know where he was going, and yet he still decided to run. Chiyo tried to catch up, moving her legs with as much energy as she could muster, managing somehow to hand Nao one of the coupons, which contained the address of where they were hopefully running to. Soon enough though, her chest felt like it was going to explode, and her legs were practically begging her to stop. This was a very good example of why she was failing P.E. Hopefully they would arrive at their destination soon, or at least stop running. The idea of food somehow managed to keep Chiyo from completely stopping, though she had probably considerably slowed down from her sprint.[/fieldbox]
@Legulus @Rithas

"Maybe we'll just go buy something with your money, Leo." Leo made an somewhat unappeased expression at this, "I forgot that I'm apparently an unlimited amount of money in human form"

"How about that new ramen shop that just opened? It's close, and I even got some discount coupons!" Leo flailed his hands at Chiyo as she said this. "See, I told you...Watch-yah-call it shop. Same thing really if you think about it" Leo grinned at Chiyo. "But sure, that sounds like a good idea"

"We could make a run for it right now and get that training out of the way as we travel towards our destination." Leo turned to Nao to ask him what he was talking about, but Nao had already started to run off. With Chiyo suddenly running as well. As fast as her little legs would carry her. "Oh"

Suddenly breaking out into a sprint, Leo plucked a coupon out of Chiyo hands, reading it as he ran mindlessly. Sticking his tongue out as he caught up to Nao. "Watch me run like a majestic gazelle" He smiled manically before seeing what he was pretty was the ramen shop.

Somehow managing to jump and turn around at the same time, Leo seemingly started to run backwards with no momentum loss. Seeing Chiyo rather struggling, Leo waved the coupon around in the air. "Come on! You can do it. If you keep running I'll get you whatever you want when we get there! It's right there! Run Chiyo! Run like there's not a care in the world!"

@Legulus @Raven Haruka[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kogishi Hibiki, teal, solid]
Hibiki%20Ico%20Real_zpsgwtcl5ja.jpg

[June 22nd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School building, Classroom 2-A]
Hibiki had about enough of all this nonsense. It had taken them all forever to get the idea together for the summer festival, and now the sports festival. Honestly, if she had it her way, she would be defending her sibling while the others pitted themselves against her, but this thing hadn't even been started by Yuri. Heaving a sigh, Hibiki leaned back in her chair as lunch ended, the teacher coming back in to teach the lesson to the students. Honestly, her brain was in the clouds the moment he opened his mouth, and soon the girl was doodling away in her notes, while adding a few here and there to make sure she wasn't completely ignoring the teacher.

It felt like ages before the last bell finally rang, signaling freedom for Hibiki and all her fellow students. And yet again, a few of them were starting to get on each others nerves, but that wasn't her problem. Considering it was Shinji and Leo, it felt like it was just another annoyance she didn't need to deal with at this moment. Shaking her head, Hibiki got up, noticing that a few of the officers were talking with Yuri, and they didn't seem to pleased. Her grip tightening on her bag, Hibiki took a deep breath and walked over to her sister, placing a hand on her shoulder gently and offering a smile. "Want to go grab something to eat before we go home?" she offered, not saying anything about the people who were just there, simply offering a small outing for the two to relieve some stress, or just go walking around and talk about anything else but this stupid and horrible school. Hibiki would normally be a lot more stern about feeling upset over what other people say, but she could tell her sister was very morally and deeply troubled about this whole bet thing that she was going through with, and talking about it probably would just make her feel worse.
@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Streets / Ramen Shop]

As Nao was running, Chiyo called out to him. "H-hey! Nao-kun!" Looking back, he saw the girl holding a ticket out towards him. Nao pulled his hand back, accepting the little piece of paper. Reading the address written on the paper, he corrected his course, turning right. It wasn't long before Leo had passed him, sticking his tongue out for the shorter, less-athletic boy to see. "Watch me run like a majestic gazelle!" Nao yelled back in response, "You look more like a two-legged goat!"

Soon enough, with another turn around a corner, the ramen shop was in sight. Leo was a few feet ahead, seemingly unaffected by the run. The tall boy turned his entire body around, and noticing Chiyo's struggle, waved his ticket in the air, yelling, "Come on! You can do it. If you keep running I'll get you whatever you want when we get there! It's right there! Run Chiyo! Run like there's not a care in the world!"

Nao was panting heavily by now. Who knew that being so lazy all the time, and eating so little, could make somebody so poor at athletics? But then... Nao looked back at Chiyo with an empathetic smile as they both ran. Maybe he should've been a little more considerate. The peach-haired girl was never much for physical activity, moreso because of a physical inability to partake in it rather than Nao's unwillingness to do so. "Sorry about this, Chiyo!" He pointed forward to where the ramen shop was, "But look, it's not far. Just a little more!" The girl's pace was incredibly slow by this point, so Nao slowed himself down to meet Chiyo, keeping a light jog going. "I'll make it up to you later," he said.

After a minute more of difficulty, the trio arrived at the intersection just before the ramen shop. Nao stopped, waiting for the traffic light to signal their freedom to cross the street. The boy's figure was slumped over, gasping for air. "Well," huff. "We made it," huff. He took a deep breath before straightening his posture. "What are you guys thinking of having? I might just ask for whatever. I can't be bothered to make a decision as difficult as choosing my first Pokemon all over again."

@Rithas @Raven Haruka
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Ishida Mizuki, royalblue, solid]
Mizuki%20Ico%20Full_zpsrur5t62x.jpeg

[June 22nd, Late Afternoon | Outside School | Ramen Shop]

As the bell rang, signaling that school was over, Mizuki rose from her desk. She gathered her things and held them close to her chest and she exited the room, nodding to the teacher as she did. Once out, Mizuki looked around for Chiyo or Shinji. After about two minutes of looking, she gave up and sighed softly to herself. Mizuki was used to being alone, but it still ached. Forcing herself to push the feeling down, Mizuki turned her gaze ahead of her and headed to her locker. People steered clear of Mizuki, and she could guess she was giving off her intimidating aura. Though it tended to only show when she was alone because her expression is always blank at that time and her eyes are cold. After a few minutes, Mizuki reached her locker. She turned the lock to the specific numbers and opened it. After grabbing her bag, Mizuki placed her things inside and zipped it closed. Her stomach growled, seeing as she didn't eat at all that day since she was busing that morning and earlier that afternoon. Putting a hand over her stomach as she closed her locker, Mizuki wondered where she should go to eat. After a minute, she decided on the nearby ramen shop. With the idea of Ramen in her head, Mizuki walked through the school and out the door. She walked down the cement stairs, and into the parking lot where her bike was. As she walked to spot 28, Mizuki took out her keys. Once she got there, Mizuki boarded the Yamaha Star VMAX motorbike and started it up. After putting on her helmet, Mizuki backed out of the parking space, then reared the engine. She heard the engine purr and smiled to herself, before taking off. As she drove down the road, she couldn't help but hear a certain voice call out to a certain someone. Glancing over to her side, Mizuki went wide-eyed when she saw Chiyo calling out to... "Nao?" The name left her lips before she could stop herself from saying it. Pain hit her like a ton of bricks and it took everything she had to keep tears from falling as a million memories filled her head. Shaking her head, Mizuki continued down the street until she reached the Ramen shop. She parked her bike and took off her helmet, placing it on the handle bar. As she got off, Mizuki kicked down the stand and had her bike lean on it. After making sure it wouldn't fall, she entered the shop. Walking over to the left corner table where she always sat, Mizuki tossed her bag on the ground beside the chair she sat in. After taking a seat, a waiter came up and set down a pepsi. Since she came here often, that certain waiter knew what she wanted. Mizuki thanked him before she took a drink of her soda. Afterwards, she stared at in as though in deep thought. The memories that had flooded her head were still there but since the pain was frequent, Mizuki was becoming better and not crying nor showing others how sad she is. A heavy sigh escaped her and Mizuki stared at her reflection in the soft drink. "Nao.."

@Anyone
[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox= Kobe Shinji, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

[June 22nd, Afternoon/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom]

Shinji jumped when Robert hit him on the head, turning around angrily, and realizing it was Robert and that hand't left for the library yet.

"You still with the land of the living? I thought wallowing in misery was my job."

As Shinji was coming up with a rebuttal to Robert, he pulled out two coupons to a ramen shop.

"Here. There's a new ramen shop just opened up in town, near school. One of the staff advertising on the street gave me some coupons for discounted meals. Want to go try it out? I can skip my training at the dojo today, too, so don't worry about that. Besides, you'd be doing me a massive favour because I really have nobody else to accompany me to this place!"

Shinji wanted to say no and just leave, but at the same time, Shinji had wanted to eat there too. It sounded good, and food was the sort of thing to drive Leo out of his mind. Besides, Shinji got the feeling that Robert wouldn't let him wallow any more in his own toxic thoughts. So it was off to the ramen shop.

He sighed, "I'm ahead on the homework anyway. It certainly won't hurt to go."

@VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

~June 22nd, Late Afternoon / Ramen Shop~

It was bad enough that Chiyo was being physically active. Having Leo pluck one of the coupons out of her hand before demonstrating his gazelle run (in which she had to agree with Nao, Leo did look like a three-legged goat) was simply all the more embarrassing for the girl, especially when he tried to show off by running backwards, encouraging her very loudly. "Come on! You can do it. If you keep running I'll get you whatever you want when we get there! It's right there! Run Chiyo! Run like there's not a care in the world!"

Nao looked back at Chiyo with what looked like a pitying smile as they both ran, yelling back behind her before slowing down to match her speed. "Sorry about this, Chiyo! But look, it's not far. Just a little more!
"I'll make it up to you later."

Said girl was very confused, why was he apologizing, she should be the one who was sorry, after all Nao had to slow down. The second comment that came from her friend's mouth only managed to confuse her more however. If he meant letting her eat whatever leftovers he had, then Chiyo was up for that, and besides there was Leo's promise of buying whatever she wanted. Let's just say that somehow, with a hellish glint in her eyes at the thought of food, Chiyo somehow managed to speed up (even if just a little, but that alone was a feat), sprinting the rest of the way until they reached the intersection.

After what felt like hours of exercise, the trio arrived in front of the ramen shop. Nao was slumped over, gasping for air. "Well," huff. "We made it," huff. Oh they made it alright, though the minute they stopped Chiyo collapsed on the ground, trying to catch her own breath, staring up at the sky. She should be fine within a few seconds, her reason for lying down was simply to get off her feet.

"What are you guys thinking of having? I might just ask for whatever. I can't be bothered to make a decision as difficult as choosing my first Pokemon all over again."

Oh. Right. FOOD.

Chiyo slowly stood back up, her face probably still a bit flushed but was probably much better than while she was running. Eyeballing the menu, she searched for something completely out there, finally reading the bold red letters on the bottom of the page.

SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA-XXL FIRE-HOT SEAFOOD SCRAMBLE RAMEN!
EAT IT WITHIN AN HOUR AND YOUR ENTIRE MEAL IS FREE!
(Drink included with meal, if you don't finish it the price is 6065.50 yen - that's $50.00 for you learning students out there!)

Chiyo grinned at the sight of the challenge, she had never heard of a spicy seafood scramble ramen before, and now her tastebuds were practically begging to taste it. Clearing her throat to get the attention of the others, she pointed to the text. "Can I get that?" There was at least a 75% chance that she would eat it, with the other percents being divided into 20% she wants to save the food so that she won't have to cook later and 5% that she actually won't be able to finish it. Of course, if Leo didn't have enough money to pay for the fee in the case that Chiyo was unfortunate, then Chiyo wouldn't even dream of taking the risk.
After all, she could just test out different combinations of spiciness at her own house, with her beloved aunt as the victim.[/fieldbox]

@Legulus @Rithas

[fieldbox="Harrison Johann, yellow, solid"]

Johann%20Ico_zpsd1uru005.jpg~320x480

[June 22nd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, The Bleachers, Classroom 2-A]

It was not as amusing as it used to be , a blond thought to himself as he stretched his arms above him , into the air , trying to be rid of the stiffness that had settled there since awhile ago . Watching the female football team of Hisakawa Koukou to fight off in the semifinals of the Interschool Games were a bit of a bore to him , considering he was the type of English man that preferred to play and not watch . Johann Harrison figured that he would probably apologize to the few girls he had promised to cheer on . He needed to interact with someone who would always put up with his shenanigans , but also draw the line when needed - Kat-chan .

"There was a talk among the girls of a new Ramen shop . I have always wanted to eat those noodles...." , Johann thought to himself before fishing his mobile phone out of his pocket .

'Hello , Kat . There is a new Ramen shop in town . I will meet you there in twenty minutes .' , was all he typed out before sending the message .

Although the message suggested he was quite confident of the fact that his best female friend would come , Johann was pretty sure that she was cramming her head up with strategies and trying to jot down any idea readily for the upcoming sport event . He frowned lightly as he took his bag with him and proceeded to exit the school . Katsumi Yukimura was known as a no nonsense type of person in school , but she was rash in trying to jump at the opportunity to help anyone , especially if it was a close friend of hers .

"I have no idea what Leo and herself would do ." , Johann sighed before heading into the directions of the shop .

@Katsumi Y. @RainDash @VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.