Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Yukimura Katsumi, purple, solid"]
Katsumi%20Ico_zpsbjvnfgy1.png~320x480

[June 5th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, The Library Building, Classroom 2-A]

"Kat should help, I'm sure she'll be brilliant"
"Nothing could go wrong"

Since it had been quite a long day , having Kane contributing to that , as well , the brunette merely grunted lightly before saying , "Why , thanks , Kane , I didn't realize you would take the liberty to put a good word in for me ." . She had hoped that there was a bit of sourness to her tone , but decided against it , knowing fully well that she wasn't supposed to subject herself to such behavior . Katsumi Yukimura then closed the covers of the History books that were sprawled across the table , before stacking them up in a corner tidily .

"Well, we could need help with this. The deadline is short, so yeah."
"You wouldn't stand in the way and more help would be nice!"

"Right! So let's get started then,"
"Shinji-kun is Snow White, if I'm not mistaken, so I think we should officially make Snow White a guy in the play. That'll attract more girls to come to the performance, and Shinji-kun won't have to crossdress... Oh, and then we can add in a kiss scene! If Shinji-kun doesn't mind smooching Hamasaki-kun."
"What do you think?"

The brunette was surprised when her previous friend had agreed to actually allow her to 'help' them . She had to hand in to Aoi , if it was one thing he was good at , it was getting people to work together and set their differences aside . Or at least , ignore it . She was about to voice her thoughts out when she cringed slightly , at the thought of her brother and his boyfriend kissing .

She didn't have a problem with same-sex relationships , but the thought of Public-Display-Of-Affection (PDA) or at least what she thought as Public-Display-Of-Attempted-Affection (PDAA) , in their case . "I agree that the best idea is to have Shinji dress as a hero and not the heroine . The thought of having him crossdress might have people feeling uncomfortable . We could dress him as a pauper , in a spin off version of prince and the pauper and Snow White ." , Katsumi said before taking a glance at Leo Kane , to see whether he was up for any snide comments .

"It would be better , in my opinion , to have Toshi peck Shinji on the cheek . But I guess that is only what I think ." .

@Lady Sandra @Rithas @growl
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Hilda Narina, Gold, solid]
Hilda%20Ico_zpskskutyah.jpg

"I agree that the best idea is to have Shinji dress as a hero and not the heroine. The thought of having him cross-dress might have people feeling uncomfortable. We could dress him as a pauper, in a spin-off version of the prince and the pauper and Snow White ."
"It would be better, in my opinion, to have Toshi peck Shinji on the cheek. But I guess that is only what I think ."

Hilda pondered about it and nodded. She also didn't had anything about same-sex relationships, since she kinda was into both, female and male. But what about others? Do others think about this like we do?

"I agree with Katsumi. We should make it a peck on the cheek. I don't know if everyone is comfortable with it if they kiss."

Hilda said and sat down on a chair and looks at the others

@Katsumi Y. @Rithas @growl

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nozomi Yuri, plum, solid]
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

[June 5th, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, The Library Building, Entrance Lobby]

"It's Robert. He wants to play pachinko. He probably invited Gyo so I'll just go home instead. Besides, he always wants to play pachinko. What were you about to say say?"

"-West-san? But he's been calling in sick for the past week, has he not?"

Yuri's momentary look of perplexion became more critical as she came to the obvious realization that Robert West certainly was not down with the cold at all. Shinji's wishes to spend time with Yuri alone seemed to be for naught, as the white haired girl turned to him with a determined expression.

"I was about to 'Say Say' that I should got see West-san and, well... check on him. I certainly would've hoped that you'd accompany me since you're closer to him than I am, but I suppose that as a Social Morals Officer, It's important that I go look into this myself."

Her ambiguous wording certainly brought up more questions to ponder. Yuri had outwardly said that she was going to come to him as if she was going to pass him his missing assignments as a student representative, but Shinji would've fully known well that this was only logically going to lead to Yuri having to discipline West if it really turned out he had been avoiding school these past couple of days. If it turned to that, then who knows what could happen. But there was one critical thing that was missing on Yuri's end. Without it, her aim of confronting Robert West was severely complicated.

"Shinji-kun, I know very well that you're busy with other things, and I suppose it wouldn't be right for me to drag you into my affairs any longer. But, I need to know where West-san is. Could you please assist me, in that regard?"

In Shinji's hands, was two options. To oblige Yuri's request at Robert's expense or vice versa. But those couldn't have been the only options open to him, right? Certainly, must have been another way beyond this black and white.

"Shinji-kun... please...!" Leaning closer, She implored Shinji to comply. Yuri knew full well what she was asking of Shinji as well. But still, if there was something that was keeping Robert West from coming to school, something that was taking him down the path of becoming a NEET, then it was Yuri's assigned duty to see that kind of conclusion avoided. Shinji, the one who instilled her with the sense of integrity and duty, would definitely understand.

@RainDash
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kobe Shinji, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

[June 5th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, The Library Building, Entrance Lobby]

"-West-san? But he's been calling in sick for the past week, has he not?"

Unfortunately, Shinji had no idea that Robert had been calling in sick. Just that he'd been skipping class. Shinji was just as confused as Yuri, and slightly appalled at Robert's behavior. Of course, the real mortification was about to happen.

"I was about to 'Say Say' that I should got see West-san and, well... check on him. I certainly would've hoped that you'd accompany me since you're closer to him than I am, but I suppose that as a Social Morals Officer, It's important that I go look into this myself."

His first realization was that yes, he did stutter and say 'say say'. Like a child. No, not even a child, like a damn toddler. It was literally impossible for anyone to blush any redder than him when he realized his mistake. The second realization was that Yuri was on a warpath to find Robert and probably strangle some sense into the delinquent. Worse yet, Shinji was about to be in the middle of it, as he didn't particularly want to be responsible for having Yuri murder Robert out of negligence on his part to try and keep some peace.

"I-" was all he could stutter out before Yuri continued.

"Shinji-kun, I know very well that you're busy with other things, and I suppose it wouldn't be right for me to drag you into my affairs any longer. But, I need to know where West-san is. Could you please assist me, in that regard?"

It was a near thing that Shinji didn't curse out loud. There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that he was just going to let Yuri loose on Robert, but at the same time he might get angry at Robert, too. Considering that Robert promised to show up and had already done the work to Shinji. Then there was the problem of Robert's parents. Clearly, the idiot was acting out because of his loss, despite it being two years old at this point, but that didn't stop Shinji from wanting to rant at him for his behavior.

Shinji knew Robert could be every bit as dedicated as Yuri, he was just as kind and caring when it came to him and Gyo, but when it came to schoolwork or strangers he just was standoffish and rude. It simply frustrated him that Robert was so similar to him and Shinji couldn't do a thing to fix his own flaws.

"Shinji-kun... please...!"

There had to be a third option here, to somehow make this better that wasn't lying. Shinji couldn't find it.

"Why does everything have to be so complicated all the time?" Shinji muttered under his breath before turning away to adjust his glasses. "West-san is probably at the Arcade, considering his text. I agree, he needs some sense knocked into him, but please don't do anything too stupid, West-san is almost as boneheaded as you were in middle school. I'll go with you, since it's my fault for not being better at keeping him at school."

A quick text to Robert would put him where Shinji wanted him to be. Far away from Yuri, so Shinji could yell at him later on.

[spoili]Change of plan. Homework done earlier than expected. Meet you at my house for Pachinko in a few minutes. We also need to discuss your skipping class.[/spoili]

Another quick text to his mother explained his delay and Shinji looked at Yuri, "I'll try to do better. I'm sorry."

One of these days Shinji would probably be discovered in a lie, but right now he just wanted to try and fix this himself. Robert would listen to Shinji, but Yuri he'd probably be angry once he saw her hair. At least the apology wasn't a lie, for once.

@Ehb @VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Robert West, blue, solid]

Robert%20Ico_zpshjbcoxkw.jpg

[June 5th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy Grounds]

Beep beep!

The monotonous jingle of his phone's message tone rang aloud, clashing against the otherwise peaceful and serene scene around him. Robert delved deep into his pocket, pulling his phone out and opening it up. "Huh, Yuri and homework," he mumbled to himself after reading the Shinji's text. "Never mind then," he sighed, dropping his phone at his side. The grounds were starting become more populated the more time went on. Students moved to and from their different extra-curricular activities and those who didn't headed in the direction of the dorms or home. Gyo didn't seem to respond to the text, probably busy, so Robert resolved to simply head back to his room...

Beep beep!

His eyebrows shot up in surprise as the phone buzzed again, especially when the sender of the message was Shinji and not Gyo. "Homework done sooner than expected...?" Robert read aloud slowly and suspiciously. How fast can someone do their bloody homework? he thought to himself. This reeked of Yuri, especially the last part of the text. No doubt he would go to meet Shinji and she would be there with her judging stare. Like she's so perfect herself! Taking a deep breath, Robert slid his mobile back into his pocket along with his hands and raised to his feet. "Might as well go and see what this is about..." he mumbled to nobody but himself once more.

The walk to Shinji's house wasn't a long one, he lived quite close to the school. Well, that was completely relative to Robert's mindset. He didn't mind walking, in fact he quite enjoyed it. It was a moment of peace for himself where he could be alone with his own thoughts. Walking the same routes frequently would become arduous so he liked to mix it up sometimes, exploring hidden alleyways and passages. It reminded him of home. York was practically a maze of interesting routes and shortcuts. As a result, it took him a little longer to get to Shinji's home as he strayed a ways from the beaten track to get there however he made it in the end. He loitered out front for sometime before flipping his phone open and bashing his thumb repeatedly into the screen.

[spoili]I'm at your house. Where are you?[/spoili]

Send. Robert swallowed hard, the sharpness in his throat an indicator to his thirst. He sighed, pulling a 100coin from his wallet and heading to the vending machine a few buildings down. A bottle of ice cold Pocari Sweat would alleviate his thirst and prepare him for the possibility of an intense argument approaching. "It's times like these I need a good bloody brew," he grumbled to himself, shaking his head slightly.

@RainDash

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Shimizu Aoi, seagreen, solid]
Aoi%20Ico%20Real_zpsk7mzlati.jpg

[June 5th, Afternoon] [Hisakawa Academy, The Library Building, Back of the Library]

xxxx"I agree that the best idea is to have Shinji dress as a hero and not the heroine. The thought of having him cross-dress might have people feeling uncomfortable. We could dress him as a pauper, in a spin-off version of the prince and the pauper and Snow White. It would be better, in my opinion, to have Toshi peck Shinji on the cheek. But I guess that is only what I think."

xxxx"I agree with Katsumi. We should make it a peck on the cheek. I don't know if everyone is comfortable with it if they kiss."

xxxxAoi pouted and conceded with a small sigh. So they wouldn't be getting the climactic kiss scene that he had envisioned. "Sorry, I forgot there are people at this school who have a problem with stuff like that," he said. "So what about the actual content itself? Do we want to go for a dramatic and moving vibe, or a more lighthearted tone with more happy music?" He thought both concepts would be cool, but they had to consider the talents of the lead actors and which would be more easy on their class. When it came to the stories he loved, Aoi could get pretty into it. He was even starting to forget that Katsu-chan and Hilda-chan weren't on the best of terms.

xxxx

@Katsumi Y. @Lady Sandra
[/fieldbox]

[June 5th, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, The Library Building, Entrance Lobby]

"Rest assured, I'm not intending to do anything else save for finding out what West-san is up to. I know full well, my duties as a Morals Officer isn't just about scolding people when they do anything wrong." She said in an assuring tone. Yuri wasn't particularly happy with being referred to as a 'bonehead,' but in the interest of avoiding digression, she refrained from expressing it. She waited patiently as the boy took out his phone to wrap up some buisness.

After Shinji was finished, he turned to Yuri.

"I'll try to do better. I'm sorry."

Yuri shook her head.

"Think nothing of it, Let's be off then."

[June 5th, Evening / The Town of Hisakawa, New Commercial District, Wombo Combo Arcade]

Going off of Shinji's suggestion, the two made for the arcade most Hisakawa students were familiar with. It was the best place to start. Once they arrived, Yuri made a sweep of the facility, going as far as to asking staff if they had seen a student matching Robert's Description, but to no avail.

After a good 15 minutes of searching, the two were at the entrance of the arcade, empty handed.

"It seems that we may have missed him." Yuri said, worriedly looking at her watch. "I... don't have anymore time to go looking around for him. I suppose Ill just have to mention it to the school staff tomorrow." She said as her shoulders dropped in defeat.

"Still, thank you for helping, Shinji-kun. I really appreciate you helping me again." Looking up to the bespectacled boy, Yuri put her hand up and gave a dainty wave to proceed her departure. "I really need to get to work now, but I'll see you tomorrow then."

With the final exchange, the two made their separate ways. For Yuri, her next destination was the local station. Hopefully, she would be able to still make to work on time.

[June 5th, Mid-Evening / The Town of Hisakawa, New Commercial District, North Station]

No luck. Missed the train by seconds.

"This is certainly troublesome." Said the white haired girl running late on schedule. This was not the situation she wanted to get herself into. "I've never been late before... I really hope they'll be understanding."

Waring a worried expression, Yuri contemplated all the different sorts of ways she'd come into work that day, and how she'd explain being late. Would she just play it of like nothing happened? That'd be nice. They might not even notice it at all. But what if they brought it up as soon as she came in? How would 'looking to discipline a student' stand in the face of her boss?

Another train passed by. Part of a different line maybe. Yuri let herself be lost in her own little world of worry as she waited for the train that would stop at this station.

@ Anybody @RainDash
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, Solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

Opening his book once more, Leo watched the three discussing the play. Yawning, he let a hand waved lazily in the air. "Well, I'm off with things to do. I wish good luck with the script. Don't get too crazy now~" He gave a large smile before disappearing a pile of books.

[June 5th, Mid-Evening / The Town of Hisakawa, New Commercial District, North Station]

"Well..." Leo frowned, the train must of been early, he had checked. There was no way he was late. Keeping himself from groaning, he wondered what he would do to waste the time till the next train arrived. He spot a few other students that had been stuck with the unfortunate circumstance that he had found himself in.

Looking around, He spotted a familiar grey hair student, somewhat surprised that she had missed it, he expected that she had numerous things to do. Probably something to do with social morals. Leo himself had things to do. None of them important, many of them involved a pen.

Seemingly floating over, Leo peered down at Yuri. "Oh, Hey~" He grinned, "You missed it as well? Shame, but-" Leo glanced around, seeing the numerous students standing there with a depressed aura looming above them. His grin twisted back into the familiar smirk before leaning in almost conspiratorially . "No one to blame but ourselves eh?" He clapped his hands together. "Though I suppose this is new for you isn't it. You're always on time"

"We have that play going full steam ahead, Hilda and others were really working hard in the library when I was there. Good for them, But really I don't think anyone need to stress out about this. Is just a play and all. Not at all, people have such busier things to do, Like you probably. And such, I think people should really just put it at their back of their minds. It'll be fine no matter what, and if something does happen. You're always there scrabbling after the rest" Leo said it in off handily, but his eyes stayed focused, on her. Standing close enough as for his eyes to be really looking down. A wide smile plastered on his face.

With no time between sentences, Leo took a step back and dramatically looked up. "Man, the train is really taking a while isn't it?" He announced loudly.

@Ehb[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Yukimura Katsumi, purple, solid"]

Katsumi%20Ico_zpsbjvnfgy1.png~320x480

"I agree with Katsumi. We should make it a peck on the cheek. I don't know if everyone is comfortable with it if they kiss."

The brunette merely nodded at the agreement of Hilda Narina . Katsumi Yukimura didn't think that her ex-friend would have been able to come into an agreement with her , let alone mention her name . But all Katsumi did was shift her gaze occasionally towards the female and her best friend . Of all people her best friend had to fall in love with someone who accused the brunette of stealing her boyfriend at that time . She almost rolled her eyes in slight annoyance at that thought , but composed herself so that to not cause any unwanted troubles . Her sudden flow of thoughts was interrupted by Aoi .

"Sorry, I forgot there are people at this school who have a problem with stuff like that," "So what about the actual content itself? Do we want to go for a dramatic and moving vibe, or a more lighthearted tone with more happy music?"

"Don't be too upset about it , Aoi . I'm sure my brother will try to not abide by our settings ." , was all she replied before actually looking at Hilda in the eye after a long time of silent awkwardness .

"We could do a mix of both , if it is alright with Hilda . Having a play with too much of a dramatic tone , it might bore our more playful audience while giving it too much of a comedy effect might offend those who take the arts very seriously ." , she replied before thinking of what a blend of the serious Shinji Kobe and a dash of playfulness from her brother might add .

@Lady Sandra @growl
[/fieldbox]

[June 5th, Evening / The Town of Hisakawa, New Commercial District, Wombo Combo Arcade]

The arcade was noticeably bereft of West, which averted at least one disaster.

"It seems that we may have missed him. I... don't have anymore time to go looking around for him. I suppose I'll just have to mention it to the school staff tomorrow."

Yuri checked her watch and was disappointed that she didn't find Robert. Shinji felt a pang of guilt but let it pass.

"Still, thank you for helping, Shinji-kun. I really appreciate you helping me again. I really need to get to work now, but I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Arigato, Yuri," Shinji said with a small wave. He let out a breath at his success and was grateful that Robert hadn't been by earlier.

Sooner or later, I'll tell her the truth, Shinji justified to himself as his phone beeped once again. Shinji quickly replied, once again lying but at least he didn't feel so bad lying to Robert.

[spoili]Ran by Yuri, we started talking. Sorry, on my way now. Decided to berate you myself instead of let Yuri do it.[/spoili]

With that Shinji quickly started for home, hoping not to make Robert loiter out from for too much longer than he already had. The walk gave him time to think over what he had just done. Did he just kick the conflict down the road or was there a way to solve this without either party being strangled? Moreover, was there a way to make sure nobody knew about how much he'd been lying? Yuri was definitely going to kill him if she found out Shinji lied about where he thought Robert was, and Robert would probably accuse Shinji of being a delinquent as well.

Shinji decided that if an opportunity presented itself he was just going to punch Robert in the face.

[June 5th, Mid-Evening / The Town of Hisakawa, Shinji's house, sidewalk]

Shinji quickly arrived to see Robert standing around. He didn't wait to start on the lecture for Robert.

"Where the hell have you been this week? I'm only asking because it clearly wasn't at home, sick. Nor was it in class. So if you could tell me where you've been wasting your time I'll just send Yuri over there to drag you to class." Shinji said with a growl. "And what were you thinking texting me for pachinko? I thought you were out sick too."

Shinji was hurt that Robert had lied to him, and was even more angry that Shinji had to lie to cover for Robert for a short amount of time. Shinji adjusted his glasses and stared at Robert with angry eyes, trying to push all that hurt away to try and make an impression on Robert that this would no longer be tolerated.

"What would your parents even think of your recent behavior?"

@VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

[June 5th, Mid-Evening / Outside Shinji's House]

Shinji seemed to be taking his time. Robert was already a bottle of Pocari Sweat and a can of Key Coffee down before he received any sort of word from the bespectacled lad. Dragging his phone from his pocket, he looked at the text he received with a puzzled expression. "What's that girl gone and put in his head..." he grumbled. "Seems like even my friends are turning against me." Still, it was a relief to Robert that he wouldn't have to trade blows with Yuri. He'd just have to trade blows with Shinji, instead: a concept he found no joy in, either. Robert began to pace up and down the sidewalk, walking the same 5 metres up and down over and over to try and calm his mind somewhat and keep his restless body busy. He hadn't even seen Shinji approach when he heard the lecturing emanating from behind him, growing louder by the second.

"Where the hell have you been this week? I'm only asking because it clearly wasn't at home, sick. Nor was it in class. So if you could tell me where you've been wasting your time I'll just send Yuri over there to drag you to class." Shinji said with a growl. "And what were you thinking texting me for pachinko? I thought you were out sick too." Robert let out an exasperated sigh, dropping his head and sliding his hands into his pockets.

"I don't expect you to understand, Shinji," Robert began, his explanation delivered with a perplexed yet resigned tone. "I don't expect you to understand how it feels to sit in a class full of people who think you're the devil re-incarnate. Maybe they're right, maybe they're not, but it's a lot easier to just steer clear of it all. With this play coming up too? Do you really think people are going to want to include me in that? No. I'll just lurk in the background and get assigned the part of the chuffing donkey sat at the back of the scene or something daft like that!" The last sentence came through in English, a clear indicator to his frustration. "Look, I've had a shit week and I just thought going to the pachinko, maybe have a few games on that new rhythm game in the arcade... I dunno... with you and Gyo I thought it might take my mind off of things."

"What would your parents even think of your recent behavior?" Robert's eyes narrowed as Shinji brought up his parents.

"How dare you..." Robert growled lowly, clenching his fist tightly in his pocket as his despondent tone became one filled with anger. "How dare you even speak as if you know what they'd want, what they'd think!?" Finally boiling over with anger, he snapped. "News flash, Shinji! They want nothing, they think nothing, they need nothing! They're dead! The dead don't think nor want! It's just me! Me! On my fucking self and now even my friends are turning against me and for what!? Because I needed a week away from it all!? Don't you ever think of bringing them up again!" He pulled his hands out of his pockets and readjusted his fringe slightly, turning his head away from Shinji as tears brimmed in his eyes. "Just go back to Yuri, Katsumi and all the others. Tell them the truth of it. Tell them I wasn't in school all week because I'm a piece of shit. It's what you're all thinking, right? That's what you wanted to say to me, isn't it?" His fists remained balled up as he fought against the tears, memories of his parents stinging at his mind. He didn't want to have to think. It was easier to just to accept defeat and misery. After all, what else was there?

@RainDash

[/fieldbox]

"Man, the train is really taking a while isn't it?" Loudly spoke out, afgter his flurry of commentary.

"I'll be around soon enough." Yuri replied back, more obligatory than anything else.

Leo had this sort of tendency to talk at Yuri. Summarizing his words when he approached her, it sounded like he was just poking fun at her to pass time. There wasn't any thing Yuri could really say back to keep the thing going though, and it didn't help that she didn't feel all to easy around him either. Kane was the sort of person Yuri acknowledged as a friend on the social scene for the benefit of the other mutual friends between them. When you take those mutual friends out and leave those two, there wasn't anything between them.

"Yes, it's pretty unfortunate. From day 1 getting our class together to see all this through is quite a time commitment. I don't intend to just do everything on my own though - I'm going to work hard from the very start so everyone will be able to give it their best. There certainly isn't any way I'll be able to do all of this myself, of course."

Talking to him, Yuri put up the same sort of front she did towards other regular students. Staying on Leo's neutral side was the default doctrine she had towards interacting with him. Going any further about the play was not something that she'd let herself try to discuss with Leo. She'd just get teased about it.

"So Kane-san, you take the train home home here?" Yuri asked, making small talk. While a good amount of students took this station to get back home, this was also the connecting station to get to the Old Commercial District. A lot of students are pretty loyal to the many businesses that had chosen to stay there. In Yuri's case, this was where her job was.

@Rithas @ Anyone[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, Solid]

"So Kane-san, you take the train home home here?" Yuri asked,

Leo seemed to be in thought for a brief moment, as if he hadn't exactly thought of what he was going to say. "Yeah, I, uh...do" Ignoring Yuri's rather obvious repeat of words, Leo shrugged. "As you can tell, I do, with me standing here...waiting for the train." Leo spoke slowly, as if his mind was still occupied by something. "At least when I feel like it" He added quietly.

"I'd go somewhere else, but I have things to do. Such and such" Leo sighed faintly. "Sadly my life isn't the amazing roller-coaster of excitement and fun as it seems to be outsiders" Leo returned to his usual permanently etched smirk. "You wouldn't of happened to seen Robert much today have you?" Seeming to look up to check the time again, Kane looked back down at Yuri. "I have some things to ask him, but I suppose they can wait for later."

"Actually, going back to what you just said, Have you not noticed me here before? Now that actually hurts my feelings. So cold Yuri~, so cold"

Leo pouted, "All that's left of me is a cold dead heart, and let the world know that it was Yuri No-errr...." Leo paused awkwardly, "That it was Yuri who caused this. If only she had paid attention to a poor innocent soul" Leo bended backwards dramatically.

"This story will bring people to tears"

@Ehb [/fieldbox]

Shinji listened to Robert talk, only momentarily lost when his friend switched to English. Shinji stood and took the yelling, the anger, and let Robert vent. It was hard not to interrupt, and Shinji was kicking himself for the comment on Robert's parents, but he waited.

"Just go back to Yuri, Katsumi and all the others. Tell them the truth of it. Tell them I wasn't in school all week because I'm a piece of shit. It's what you're all thinking, right? That's what you wanted to say to me, isn't it?"

"No, you weren't in school all week because you think that you're not worth putting effort into. You just want to give up, but I won't let Yuri report you. You'll just end being pulled into Social Morals and you will hate it. I hate it. You say it's easier just to avoid your problems?" Shinjia asked. I know exactly how that feels, he thought before continuing. "You wouldn't believe me but Yuri in middle school wanted nothing more than to obsess over anime. She didn't want to be a student or work hard at all. Now she constantly works herself to the bone to ensure our class gets along."

Shinji stopped to let the words sink in. He wanted Robert to succeed, to be happy and thrive in Japan. So far all Robert wanted to do was run and hide from every problem that came his way. Shinji wouldn't let Robert run, because that is exactly what he wanted to do right now. He wanted to run and lie and just wipe his hands of the whole thing. That would be easy.

"If I wanted to say you're a piece of shit then I'd say it. If I didn't think you were worth trying to help I would have given up. So, maybe instead of running away maybe you should try and fight?" Shinji said, removing his glasses and running his hand over his face. "If it makes you feel better, I'm probably a worse person than you are," Shinji mumbled into his hand.

Maybe he was too late to help Robert. Maybe he'd never be able to help anyone, because what was the point? He just ended up heaping them up with troubles and worries. This would be a lot easier if Shinji hadn't told Yuri about what Robert had done. It would be a lot easier if he wasn't constantly lying and evading answers. No, he wouldn't give up. Robert was his friend and he wouldn't let Robert continue to give up.

"Heh, I bet you that if you go to class while preparing for the cultural festival you won't regret it."

@VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Hilda Narina, gold, solid]

Hilda%20Ico_zpskskutyah.jpg

"Don't be too upset about it, Aoi, I'm sure my brother will try to not abide by our settings ." , was all she replied before actually looking at Hilda in the eye after a long time of silent awkwardness.

"We could do a mix of both if it is alright with Hilda. Having a play with too much of a dramatic tone, it might bore our more playful audience while giving it too much of a comedy effect might offend those who take the arts very seriously ."

Hilda was again listening to Katsumi and nodded "That's also my opinion. We should find a good mix between both. Not to dramatic but also not to much comedy....any idea for the right mix?"

Hilda said looking at Katsumi and pondered about it

@Katsumi Y. @growl

[/fieldbox]

Robert grunted through his teeth as Shinji made his retort. The blonde lad still unable to look his friend in the eye. Still, as Shinji continued, Robert managed to calm somewhat.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm probably a worse person than you are," Shinji mumbled, a sentence which caused Robert to finally make eye contact once more.

"I doubt it," Robert responded bluntly. It seemed as though the two were locked in a battle of who could be the most self-destructive, an odd affair. While Robert knew Shinji was struggling, he found it difficult to see outside of his own bubble. He couldn't fully comprehend Shinji's problems nor could he help him with them. He was just stuck. Maybe that's why the two were friends, though. Maybe they were just stuck together.

"Heh, I bet you that if you go to class while preparing for the cultural festival you won't regret it," Shinji added. Robert raised his eyebrow, tossing Shinji a glance that had 'are you serious' written all over it.

"Willing to place money on that, are you?" Robert joked sarcastically, a small glimmer of a smile evident on his lips. Collapsing to the floor, he perched himself down on the edge of the pavement before running his hands down his face, almost symbolically trying to wipe the stress away. "I don't know what I'm doing anymore, Shinji." That was the plea that echoed throughout his life. Ever since the death of his parents, he'd been nothing but a lost child in truth, desperately searching for some kind of comfort. He thought he'd found a new family in Yuri, Katsumi and the others... that was until the incident, anyway. He found it funny how his school life had been tarnished not by the obvious but by a silly mistake of his own. After all, escaping problems was only a bottle of alcohol away, or so the movies would have had you believe. Silly twat. Silly, silly, twat.

@RainDash

[/fieldbox]

She looked aside, obscuring the small amount of shame on her face away from Leo. How unfortunate, did she pick that up unconsciously from Shinji earlier? Whatever flustered blushing escaped her mental suppression was hidden away from the boy's sight, so as to avoid adding potential kindling to any sort of teasing. Though, looking back on it later, Leo didn't seem to really care one way or another, as he could've pounced on it the moment the second train came rushing past. Instead, he asked about Robert.

"You wouldn't of happened to seen Robert much today have you?"

Yuri shook her head. The simplest answer; being reminded of the search for the student that only lead to her missing this train wasn't something that needed to be touched on again so soon.

"I unfortunately have not, he's reported in as being sick today as well. So he's likely still resting at home."

"I have some things to ask him, but I suppose they can wait for later."
"Actually, going back to what you just said...

This was it! Yuri's shoulders reflexively went upward in surprise. Of course he wasn't going to let something as silly as that slide!

"...Have you not noticed me here before? Now that actually hurts my feelings. So cold Yuri~, so cold"

To her relief it turned out to be something else. It was certainly teasing, but on a different subject.

"All that's left of me is a cold dead heart, and let the world know that it was Yuri No-errr...."
"That it was Yuri who caused this. If only she had paid attention to a poor innocent soul"

With a troubled expression, Yuri faced Leo once again, just in time to see him perform a theatrical heave backwards.I It was enough to get some nearby passengers and students' eyes attention for a moment, before they returned back to looking at their phones.

In a flat voice, Yuri replied.

"Please don't make fun of me, Kane-san. Most of the time you're usually with quite a big groups at this station so it feels like approaching is... being inconvenient towards you all. That's all."

What am I saying?

"...If you need any support, don't hesitate to ask. It's the job of an Ethics Club officer to enable everyone to do their best." She said, forcing a smile.

@Rithas @ Anyone[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, solid]

"Please don't make fun of me, Kane-san. Most of the time you're usually with quite a big groups at this station so it feels like approaching is... being inconvenient towards you all. That's all."

Leo bit his lip to stifle a laugh. "Boy, you really not doing well with speaking today are you. You're not getting heat stroke. Have you had enough water?" A mix of concern and amusement. Leo did wonder for a second what she was actually trying to say, but at this point he decided that it really wasn't worth the effort.

"...If you need any support, don't hesitate to ask. It's the job of an Ethics Club officer to enable everyone to do their best."

Ah, That's what she's trying to say.

Letting his head fall to one side, Leo rolled his eyes. "Ah yes, support. While of course, that's what I need. Support to fix me!" Getting a slight hint of annoyance showing through his usual humorous tone. "Truly your job is to enable me to fulfil my potential....whatever that is. Whatever other people think that is. Your role to help others like a good girl."

Having said the last sentence in a rather hushed tone, he leaned against the nearest wall. "I'm starting to think I might fall asleep" Letting out a small quiet laugh. He was always so tired, he wondered if he was tired in general or just so bored.

@Ehb [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Harrison Johann, yellow, solid"]

Johann%20Ico_zpsd1uru005.jpg~320x480

[June 5th, Mid-Evening / The Town ofHisakawa, New Commercial District, North Station]

"I guess this small dip had suddenly become overcrowded , my dear and lad ." .

The blond male smiled gently before swimming his way to the metal steps of the pool , hoisting himself up before grabbing a green towel he had left himself by the pool . Although Johann did not want to admit it , his relationship with Hibiki that was deteriorating was affecting the relations they were having with others , as well . As such , he felt that it was better they avoided each other slightly , in order to not get in each others way and argue their way out . "I am to journey home now , Hibiki . I shall see you later at home ." , Johann Harrison commented before making his way to the lockers and changing back into his usual attire .

On his way out , he bid a farewell to Jae-Won , "Good evening there , lad ." .

The walk to the train station was a tiring one . Today had been a day of much talk that the blond male thought it would be an incredible idea to go back home and take a warm bath before diving into bed , even not taking dinner . Johann sighed once he reached the platform . He was about to walk over to a bench that was occupied with a few female students from Hisakawa Koukou , but he noticed his sister talking to Leo Kane . Knowing her , he would need to be there as to try and not get Yuri into her sickly-polite mood when she disliked someone .

"Hello there , Yuri and Leo ." .

@Ehb @Rithas
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert made eye contact at Shinji's comment about himself. Robert had heard him? His reply was frustrating, but Shinji just accepted the two of them were no doubt on a path to self-destruct before long. Too bad that neither one of them wanted to formally recognize it. Which made this whole discussion pointless and seemingly hopeless.

""Willing to place money on that, are you?"

A moment passed. Shinji wanted to say something, but Robert's face and laugh just seemed half hearted. When he sat down, Shinji sat down next to him.

"I don't know what I'm doing anymore, Shinji."

"You and me both. It was easier in middle school, everything wasn't tangled up like snakes in a bag back then. Dominoes that you've never noticed get tipped over and it all crashes around your ears. I'm told it gets better later on, but it's hard right now." Shinji said, sitting back on his hands. "School helps, the work is distracting enough, I suppose." Shinji said, trying to offer some wisdom to Robert. But Shinji didn't know. No one knew, probably.

At least Robert had a few isolated incidents. Shinji's life thus far was just a series of unfortunate and ironic events that culminated in a delicate lie that threatened to end everything. So fragile that some days it was a struggle just to maintain it. To keep the status quo was a tightrope over a volcano that was exploding under his feet. The world felt like it was cheating to win a game that Shinji didn't even know they were playing.

Shinji thought that it was stupid to brood over it any more. He'd kicked himself so much today that he wasn't sure if the metaphorical bruises would show physically. So he stood up and offered a hand to Robert.

"The world's nothing but bullshit, so might as well go to class. Plus, I got cast as Snow White to day for the school play. Maybe make that your goal for now, to make fun of my stupid life choices?"

@VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.