Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=, magenta, solid]

[BCOLOR=#000000][October 30th, Afternoon / The TTC][/BCOLOR]

Ara ara, the show was fun, I'll think about it. Will be there, Baby will come if baby wants..

It had been fun. Nyoko did enjoy having guests on her radio show, but it had been a good opportunity for her to get to know Ayame too.

Do think about it! It's been a while since anyone dared being my co-host. If the baby does come, I hope she fixes that attitude problem of hers...

Nyoko sent the message to Ayame, sighing, as she pondered how her disobedient lieutenants were doing. She doubted they were getting along any better than usual. She didn't want to do it, but if they couldn't solve their differences she had to get replacements. It was just another tough decision she had to deal with as the leader of the Red Pandas.

@RedArmyShogun @Shouldn'tpostwithKirayet
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, #666699, solid]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Outside Main School Building][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, that is to say...ah, I didn't really want to talk about this with you. It's not fair, it's not right, it's not...what friends do...? "[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I just...want a reason to hate her? Ah, no, that can't be right--I just...really wish I knew exactly what conspired that year, you know? What exactly was it...it can't be because of our familial relations, right? I just..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I...see"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, never mind. Honestly, trying to explain my reasons behind this...it doesn't matter, I'll try to be more careful with my words from now on."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leo eyes flickered to the ground back to Chiyo.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "That...would be for the best."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, and it'd be nice if I was the one the hacker attacked. There's really not much they could do except injure me--perhaps even kill me, if possible. Though, I don't think many would enjoy that..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leo face scrunched up, astonished by Chiyo's words. "I don't think you're really-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah, but I doubt it would happen anyhow. This hacker seems to want to target people who are specifically close to Sagawa-san...oh!" Leo opened his mouth, "Chiyo-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What if I started saying that me and Sagawa-san are actually starting to become good friends? Maybe, if I could get her in on it, we could arrange fake meetings and start talking during lunch more often...that would catch a lot of attention--maybe you could start a rumor that Sagawa-san's teaching me coding lessons too! That way, the hacker will surely start to think of me as some sort of threat...right?"[/BCOLOR]

Leo rubbed his eyes, the earlier drowsyness was beginning to reappear.

"You..." He spoke slowly, as if expecting to be cut off at any moment. "You really can't dismiss being attacked so easily..."

Clasping his hands together, Leo continued. "I mean, Lisa got attacked and she hadn't even come back yet. Hell, it was only for the fact that the Hacker wanted to show Sagawa could hack that Lisa didn't fall out a window."

"Honestly, it's rather insulting how you throw yourself to be the likely one to be attacked like that." He cracked his fingers,

"First off, how do you even know that would be enough to be the victim?" Which, by itself, is insane. "Others are close. Iori and Michio seem to follow her like some sort of plague." He stopped himself. They were both linked to Chiyo. A point with no correlation, true, but still interesting. "At a certain point, one of those two or someone else is also going to offer themselves to be the willing sacrafice. But to Sagawa's face, most likely," Leo tilted his head to the side. "Sagawa actually wants to talk to them."

They witnessed but a slice of what go wrong. And yet they still wanted to be hero. It didn't make sense, to go that far for other people. If people kept to themselves then at least people could suffer silently.

"Are you going to risk an attack basing it on yourself being the victim when even that isn't certain? That's sheer carelessness for the lives of others and yourself." His tone was sharp. Chiyo was okay with just being a martyr. That was like spitting in his face.

He looked around, to be opening speaking about this was stupid. But his irritation wrestled his cautiousness from him.

"Let's say you're succesful in this, what then? Surely we must plan for the outcome. To stop the hacker. But what if that fails? How do we save you? Sagawa can't, she doesn't have her chip. Who else can hack?" Leo's gaze turned cold, as if remembering a terrible memory.

"Hackers are irredeemable monsters, how do we know that they won't use you as a harsher example? Who's going to save you from that potential fate?"

He gnashed at his bottom lip.

Kokoro could......

Whether or not Chiyo knew that, he wasn't going to tell her.

"Things can go... so wrong."

Sagawa said she was part of the investigation. Given the week break, she was back. There had to be some way she was still investigating. They wouldn't toss her away like that. The students fears were gone. Another attack proved it wasn't Sagawa. Protecting their valuable asset in fixing this mess. Even if it meant harming her.

He looked at Chiyo. If the hacker was someone from the school, then surely they realise Chiyo's passion, which she had made clear to the students.

But passionately doing something like this was just another word for stupidily doing it. Unable to see certain things. Predictiable.

Would the hacker forsee this? Knowing Chiyo would charge headlong to being the one to be a victim?

"Look, I get it. You want to help, whether it's a selfish need or not. But just...calm down on this whole being the victim thing."

He smiled worryingly, "It's a little scary to me."

"You probably won't listen to me anyway..." He sighed. "Have you even talked to Sagawa yet?"

@Raven Haruka

@ThoseBubbleshavereachedthesunnow[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Ayame Sayato, maroon, solid]

rlK7Hhw.jpg

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy - Main School Building - First Floor Hallways]

Whistling and continuing her tune, Ayame is surprised to see she gotten two replies back so quickly. First was Rei, exhaling her breath and accessing the function to read it, the Bodyguard expected some sort of angry retort;
I will go. Don't waste my time with this, because I am too tired to be tolerant of any more failures. Where do you want to meet up before leaving, assuming you're still in the building.
"Tch, Yare yare, I've always got a pair of eyes on you yah know.." Pinching the bridge of her nose, Ayame starts a reply.

Very well Ojou-san, yeah I'm still in the building, was wanting to meet up where I said we needed to go, but if you want my company sooner, meet me up at the Drink Machines from before, or I can just find you in the halls, not like I'm doing anything else.

And yeah yeah, just please be careful with what you say where we go. The host likes manners least they like yah. If it screws up I'm not taking the blame for this, I rather keep all my fingers. If this doesn't work, we'll just put you in a secured area, if you'll accept that suggestion. ~ Ayame
While the Ojou-san could be taken as a smart remark, it was also technically a title that wasn't unheard of in the Yakuza. "Tch.." Sending the message, Ayame ponders why those two were chosen as prospective heirs and if she should just reveal their hidden protector.

"Ara, Ara... today is going to be painful..isn't it? Well as long as I keep my fingers..I should just take over this situation.."

Wondering at why all of this had to start over a childish prank, she moves on to the next message, deleting this one as she went, and hoping that Rei would accept her suggestion on behaving, from what she knew of Nyoko from her observations and the few times they had met, she likely would just call the meeting off, if not out right refuse to offer assistance...And of course that was who the next message was from.

Do think about it! It's been a while since anyone dared being my co-host. If the baby does come, I hope she fixes that attitude problem of hers...

"Heh." Amused by the reply it seemed Nyoko had trouble holding down a co-host, then again it wasn't too surprising given what she had seen. Though she had to admit the verbal sparing was interesting, keying a reply at a glance she grins.

Heh sure you want me there given my other hobbies? Might be fairly difficult if we have to talk about me again, though guess I could spy on others for topics, it was interesting though, but I wonder if things won't get out of hand. I'll consider it however, ara ara given me some time to consider.

Pausing for a bit in her thoughts, Ayame wondered why so many had left, Nyoko seemed to mean business and was a bit pushy, but compared to some of her "brothers" and "sisters" in the Yakuza, it could be much worse, at least Nyoko wouldn't and couldn't demand she chops one of her fingers off, or throw a body in a still drying foundation. There were dangers in dealing with her, that was true, but they were the sort of dangers that could be a headache or fun. Going back to her message there was one more issue to respond to.

As to the Baby, she's a bit fussy, mostly at me, which in this line of work could prove a problem if she got a seat at the big kids table.. Anyways I told her to behave. If she does or not I'm not taking the responsibility, then I'll have to do something.. ~Ayame

Ayame quickly sends this reply and erases the message, pausing for a bit she could only guess at how pissed Rei would likely be, if she knew she was being called a baby. Things could quickly spiral out of control, if Rei were a boss then and there. With a sigh Ayame wonders how she went from body guard, to acting as a Captain or Lieutenant.

Reaching into her coat pocket and grabbing some Yen coins, it wasn't something that canned Coffee wouldn't fix, and if Rei didn't want to meet there, a pair of eyes were on her back. If that didn't work. Ayame was used to roaming the school silently and finding who she wanted. Heading for the Machine Ayame wastes little time buying a drink, humming to herself as she pops the top.[/fieldbox]

@Wen @Karyra

[fieldbox= Rei Saionji, Purple, solid]
SaionjiIco_zpsebvey9kd.jpeg

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Vending Machine]
Very well Ojou-san, yeah I'm still in the building, was wanting to meet up where I said we needed to go, but if you want my company sooner, meet me up at the Drink Machines from before, or I can just find you in the halls, not like I'm doing anything else.

And yeah yeah, just please be careful with what you say where we go. The host likes manners least they like yah. If it screws up I'm not taking the blame for this, I rather keep all my fingers. If this doesn't work, we'll just put you in a secured area, if you'll accept that suggestion. ~ Ayame

She was not going to punch the machine... she was not going to do that again. However, she was definitely going to take a moment to collect herself before going. Manners... if she kept this nasty attitude up then...

Then she wouldn't be any different from the Yakuza stereotypes. Thugs, brutish, and conniving. They didn't care who they hurt as long as they got the job done, and this inheritance ceremony was no different. They -everyone who knew about it, that is- just took and took and took. Her mother... as long as she had Rei her mother had a chance to mean something more than the floozy who... knew the boss. They hurt her mom like that, and Rei wouldn't let that happen. If she was boss, this wouldn't involve anyone who didn't want to be part of it.

Like her mom, and Michio.

Rei moved to sit down near the vending machines, as she didn't want to stand around anymore. Her hand hurt, and she had to wait for a bit. Better to hold her coffee and drink it while she waited.

She had to save them, and her mom needed her to win or else... else... Rei didn't want to know what they might do to her. It was all or nothing for both her and Michio, but Rei was clever. She had to be clever in order to win allies and be likable. Michio was friendly and worked in their diners. She didn't have time for that, because she had to get stronger. Ayame thought she was weak, and that told her everything she needed to know about how the other Yakuza probably saw her.

So much was on her shoulders, and it weighed on her daily. She could manage it, but with the sticker incident...

Rei needed to be better. At everything, it felt like. Sh sighed, and rolled the can between her hands, favoring the feeling for the sake of it. She felt a little better, a little clearer after letting her mind just rest for a little. Her mom didn't even message -partially because Rei had insisted on a day off from training and partially because she'd probably noticed the new scrapes and bruises. The scrapes were, to quote her, 'too noticeable for presentation to others' so they had to heal.

Ayame showed up, and started on a can of something. Rei walked up behind her, not really caring about being heard or not.

"Settling into a can of coffee already? I'd chastise you for drinking coffee so late in the day, but I did the same thing. I guess we're all feeling stressed lately. I apologize if I was rude."

Repairing relationships were hard, but if she could alter her bodyguard's opinion... that was a step closer to helping Michio and her mom. Still, she wouldn't forget Ayame's last sentence. It might as well have slapped her in the face with all of her failures. No, Rei would be perfect. She would be flawless and she wouldn't ever stop working to perfection. She'd work herself to death if it meant helping everyone.

"Well, we should get going. Being late is rude, after all."

@anyonenear @RedArmyShogun
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Chiyo Imada, #fbceb1, solid, 10]
Chiyo%20Ico%20Real_zpscbxdv0hl.jpg

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Outside Main School Building]

"You..."
"You really can't dismiss being attacked so easily..."

Oh, that's right.

"I mean, Lisa got attacked and she hadn't even come back yet. Hell, it was only for the fact that the Hacker wanted to show Sagawa could hack that Lisa didn't fall out a window."

Chiyo winced, her grin transforming into a flat line at the mention of her childhood friend.

"Honestly, it's rather insulting how you throw yourself to be the likely one to be attacked like that."

"First off, how do you even know that would be enough to be the victim?"
"Others are close. Iori and Michio seem to follow her like some sort of plague."

But, the two people he mentioned...they did have something that Chiyo didn't. Because of that-

"At a certain point, one of those two or someone else is also going to offer themselves to be the willing sacrifice. But to Sagawa's face, most likely," A slight pause. "Sagawa actually wants to talk to them."

"But-" Chiyo tried to explain why exactly Sagawa wanted to talk about them, tried to explain how it wasn't like she didn't want to talk to the peach. Though, she didn't get very far obviously, as her friend continued.

"Are you going to risk an attack basing it on yourself being the victim when even that isn't certain? That's sheer carelessness for the lives of others and yourself."

He looked around for a few moments, and it dawned on Chiyo that talking about something like this right at school wasn't the brightest idea.

"Let's say you're successful in this, what then? Surely we must plan for the outcome. To stop the hacker. But what if that fails? How do we save you? Sagawa can't, she doesn't have her chip. Who else can hack?"

Leo's gaze turned suddenly cold, a sight that made Chiyo move back just the tiniest. She couldn't remember seeing this expression on his face, or at last not when she was actively engaging in conversation like this with him.

"Hackers are irredeemable monsters, how do we know that they won't use you as a harsher example? Who's going to save you from that potential fate?"

"Things can go... so wrong."

"..." Chiyo remained silent- contemplating how exactly she wanted to convey herself to her friend. Before she could get too involved into her thoughts, though, Leo started to talk again.

"Look, I get it. You want to help, whether it's a selfish need or not. But just...calm down on this whole being the victim thing."

A smile appeared across his features, his worrying warping it into something Chiyo didn't want to see. "It's a little scary to me."

"You probably won't listen to me anyway..." He sighed. "Have you even talked to Sagawa yet?"

"...Umm, that was an extremely logical response, Leo-kun--thank you. But, while I would love to continue discussing this with you, perhaps we should move our location somewhere else?"

"Well, what do you say, Leo-kun? I think I have the perfect place in mind."

Although worded oddly, Chiyo glanced around as she picked up her things. Though, she didn't wait long for a reply, as she suddenly started walking anyways.

[October 30th, Afternoon / Late-Night Bus Station]

Most students who commute to Hisakawa do it by train, but there are few who also commute by bus (partly for the fact that a train is hectic, and loud, and more expensive than most buses--or maybe that's just the peach's own opinions talking). As such, there are a multitude of bus stops scattered around the city, much like any other. However, while it's easier to just take one of the earlier buses which leave shortly after school ends, Chiyo has discovered that- as a result from frequent times of either a) missing the earlier buses due to walking the wrong direction, or b) staying at school late from her Social Morals duties- most of those bus stops don't travel all the way to Onomochi in one trip.

Well, there was one but...she didn't want to bother her step-sister, so she never boarded that one.

With this in mind, she was always forced to take the late-night bus-- which of course has the minimum amount of stops in Hisakawa, the closest being located about a 25 minute walk from school, a short way into the small forest which resides near it.

The actual bus station was just a pair of benches, placed side by side underneath a wooden roof, with semi-thick walls on three sides to support the overhanging canopy. Ivy climbed over the majority of it, hanging off the edges and leaving it to look like a very well-used bus station. The sign, placed on the side of the road outside of the small structure, was aged slightly with rust and dented in the pole--but nonetheless legible to read.

...Throughout the entire length of the walk, Chiyo remained silent. Then, right as she walked inside of the bus station, she abruptly started to speak.

"Ah, I'm sorry. The walk usually feels shorter once you're used to walking it, I guess. This is the first time I've brought along a friend, too, so...oops?" Awkwardly shrugging, Chiyo offered Leo a spot next to her on the bench. She offered a small smile, though her eyes shifted to the side, guilt forcing them to.

After all, she's been commuting to Hisakawa since middle school. This might as well have been the most secretive thing about her that--well, no, that'd be a lie. But, nonetheless, the fact was still that it was a secret.

"I didn't really think that going to the majority of places other students would be was the smartest of choices, considering the circumstances...so this was the first place I had in mind. Sorry for any inconvenience, Leo-kun." After a few seconds delay, she placed her hands in her lap, idly staring at her feet as they swung through the air.

"But, about earlier...?" The air around Chiyo seemed to become a bit more heavy, an unusual effect seeing as most of the time she was trying to make the mood lighter.

"I apologize, Leo-kun. I didn't realize how selfish of me it was to share those thoughts with you. It was...pretty morbid, actually, wasn't it?" A small giggle escaped her lips, "Ah, I shouldn't be laughing at that. Sorry."

...Maybe if she treated this like a Social Morals assignment, it would be easier? After all, that was technically what the investigation was, wasn't it? Chiyo decided to go with that mindset, and after a small breath, she began to speak.

"First off, today was Mizunohara-san's first day back at school. During lunch she tried to talk with me and Iori-san, but seeing as how I had made a certain deal with the other Social Morals officer in our class, I couldn't get the chance to talk with her. I was planning on doing so tomorrow."

The glasses girl stared out ahead of her, her head moving to stretch her neck as she continued.

"I believe the hacker picked Lisa-chan because of her reputation. As we both know, Lisa-chan is one of the most pacifist souls the school has yet to know, and because of that there's lots of people who enjoy her company, I believe. But, she's also friends with Sagawa Mizunohara, the computer whiz who everybody has no issues in proclaiming she's a hacker. There's a complete turnaround on the opinions and thoughts when it concerns her, and that clashes with the reputation that Lisa-chan has. So, if Lisa-chan is the "princess"... and Mizunohara-san is the "witch"...what type of conclusion do you think the story would take?"

Chiyo stopped talking, her feet falling to limply hang beneath her feet. " 'The princess is always tricked, punished, or deceived by the witch.' Is that what you thought of?"

"Of course, these are just my own opinions and conclusions, so they're probably wrong. But, like you mentioned, Iori-san and Michio-kun both have valuable reputations as well within the school, correct? So, seeing as how they look even closer to Mizunohara-san, shouldn't they have been more valuable in the sense of being a target?"

"But, we're all forgetting the one thing that both distinguishes them and protects them--their own reputations."

"Michio-san is one of the best Social Morals officers I know of. He always goes the extra-mile if it means he can help somebody, and his own moral code has him well-known in our committee. That is to say, he is an important aspect to Hisakawa life, and if something were to happen to him like this...I'm sure either Yuri-san or Kokoro-san would be more involved. Not to mention that there's no way Sagawa-san would hurt him, so the entire idea of him becoming a victim just to frame her makes no sense. And now, rumors are spreading about how Mizunohara-san cut off ties with him...and how he agreed. So, if the hacker wanted to hurt her using Michio-kun, then he should've tried to send Michio-kun out of a second-story window."

"As for Iori-san... she likes fighting in virtu-ava battles, as I'm sure you've found out. I have suspicions about her being involved in some shady business...but even if that was true, the fact that she is 'a maid of a social moral officer' might have been enough to keep the hacker away from her. Though, it probably would've had less of a social impact had Iori-san been the one to be thrown out of a window, against Lisa-chan."

"And that is why I believe Lisa-chan was the victim, rather than those who were closer to Mizunohara-san. But, that was just a basis for why I thought that by becoming somebody "close" to the person this hacker wants to damage, it would provide reason enough to attack me. After all, I'm not very important in the huge aspect of things...I'm just a silly dreamer who has great friends." Trailing off for a few moments, Chiyo looked upwards, towards the weary wooden ceiling of the stop.

"...Though, even if my plan worked, I wasn't really thinking past the fact of 'Iori-san and Sagawa-san will be able to identify the hacker'. They wouldn't need to save me if they could just focus on doing that...Besides, it's not like the hacker is going to strike again in the middle of the day, correct? That would just prove Sagawa wasn't to blame, and would collapse all of their plans, I believe. So, if I managed to get into a somewhat-isolated location, with Iori-san and Sagawa-san nearby...well, you can imagine it wouldn't be very hard to identify the hacker then."

As she finished talking, she looked at Leo, smiling. "But, if the hacker did decide to attack again in the middle of the day, my friends would be able to recognize something was wrong, correct?"

"Ah, but I started talking morbidly again...oops. Maybe, you shouldn't pay much attention to those details Leo-kun." As she tried to lighten up the mood, Chiyo joked with her friend...though dark humor probably wasn't the smartest choice to use.
[/fieldbox]
@Rithas
@MorelikeBubblesFromOuterSpace

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Vending Machine -Twilight Theatre Club]

rlK7Hhw.jpg

Hearing the footsteps from before, the sounds they made with each fall was easy enough to guess who it was. Rebuking her lightly on the coffee the next bit stood out far much more.

"I guess we're all feeling stressed lately. I apologize if I was rude."

Tipping up the can for a small gulp, Ayame doesn't bother turning around as she replies.
"Huh? No, I should have taken the most extreme action when this first started, but I didn't want to get in the way of your school life.. So don't worry about it. Maybe I need to take this more seriously... Maybe have thumped a few heads.."

Pausing with her last statements, Ayame turns around with a bit of a hard look to her face, considering her options and Rei's reaction, the Bodyguard goes back to her Iced Coffee, downing it quickly as Rei states the need of them being on time, truthfully that would be for the best.

"I should stop drinking this crap anyways."

With her face switching back to its blank look, pondering if she should tell her about who it was they were visiting, Ayame motions with her head, bidding Rei to follow.

Keeping silent throughout the walk, the pair are soon on there way leaving campus grounds. Going down city streets they soon enough reach a rather small and narrow rundown alley. Ayame seemed unconcerned with the looks of the location, having likely known of it, or been there before. Standing outside of the Twilight Theater Club Ayame looks both ways to be sure no one wasn't lurking that shouldn't be. Exhaling a bit, it was time to see if Ayame's earlier thoughts on the situation was correct.

Knocking on the door with a rap of her knuckles, Ayame steps in swiftly, gazing around with her eyes, whoever would meet them would at least this time get an introduction, hopefully one that stuck with whoever was there.

"Sayoto-san, brought a guest with me to see Morita-san."

Hopefully they could get some answers, least the Yakuza would play things out it's way, and Ayame knew full well what that meant. Waiting for whatever would respond on the other side of the door, Ayame motions Rei to follow her inside, curious on how this meeting would play out. There was also Nyoko's request on the Radio show, but maybe that wouldn't be brought up for now.
Moving out of the doorway Ayame crosses her arms, waiting for a reply, just beyond her seemed to be a second door, with the room surrounding them being seemingly empty. Repeating her previous phrase, Ayame knocks her knuckles against the 2nd door beyond the first.

[/fieldbox]

@Wen @Karyra

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Nishimura Iori, #ffb8da, solid]
Iori%20Ico_zpsn6mn1uok.jpeg

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Class 2-A]

Sagawa immediately shook her head after Iori was finished.

"Are you a idiot? Removing your chip just because you want to help? That's absolutely ridiculous..."

The maid chuckled as the black haired girl in front of her continued to scold her for being reckless.

"You only will have yourself to blame if it all goes wrong later on. But, provided you do keep Imada-san out of all this, then fine."

Sagawa then raised one of her hands to her as Iori continued to giggle.

"Let's work together, then."

The maid immediately stopped giggling and displayed a stunned expression at Sagawa.

"Hehehe--...What?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Nishimura Iori, #ffb8da, solid]

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, First Floor Hallways]

Iori expected that Sagawa would try her best in pushing her away, instead of asking for her assistance. It certainly made the pink haired girl wondering what actually made Sagawa to change her mind, not to mention that the process she has proposed was quite complex as well. Both of them continued walking down the hallway, until Sagawa turned to Iori.

"Just because I explained it all does not mean we can just go trying it out right away you know? Doing things like that on my own chip was one thing, but trying to get yours to run programs that I've written isn't like sending you an email and having you paste some code. We're going to have to work things out one-on-one a couple of times. That will probably take a couple of afternoons to do."

The maid simply nodded in response as Sagawa crossed her arms and continued on.

"I have to set up an environment on your chip to be able to run the code I send you. I'll have to get you up to speed with running said code. We'll have to back up your entire chip's firmware just in case something goes wrong... Ah. On that thought, be sure to back up whatever personal files or other apps you might have. You're going to have to make room on that chip for all of the stuff we're going to have to set up."

Even with Iori who has a slight background on handling her own VR chip beyond most normal users, she hesitated.

"I'm... okay with that. I don't keep a lot of files in my chip aside from my Virtu-Ava battles and costumes."

Once again, Sagawa continued on.

"Nishimura-san. You do realize that working with me means that your chip will become something fundamentally different than the ones the rest of the students and normal people use, right? For example, for one, in order to even run something like a word processor or browsing the Internet, you'll have to key in the command to actually make it, run, rather than the cheery an easy looking button interface you're used, right? But-"

Iori kept to herself as she listened. Command prompt was not much of an issue for her, considering that voice commands can be utilized to execute a block of code like what Sagawa did to Lisa to save her.

"Having a chip Operating System that works like a Hackers has it's pluses, for example, when you go to a website, you can skip all of those super annoyi--"

Sagawa suddenly stopped and looked around. Iori immediately did the same, and not far away from them...

It was Kyouko, judging from her blonde hair and eyepatch.

"Kyou-chan. How much of that did you just hear just now?"

A crucial moment, as the maid was predicting that Sagawa will push away Kyouko. As expected, the pirate heard everything, and without any hesitation...

"I want to become your Knight in Shining Armour. And, even if you should cast me aside, I will continue to protect and strike down all your foes."

Iori frowned at that childish tone and pose. It certainly reminded her about kids that likes to act as superheroes. From there, Sagawa placed her hands on her hips as if she was some kind of princess. A pose that the maid regularly uses back in her middle school days as a rich princess.

"Fine, then, Kyou-chan. I'll let you become my knight on one condition."

Iori simply looked at the two in disbelief. Are they in some kind of medieval soap opera?

"A champion has to be stronger than anyone else, and smarter than anyone else. To decide which one of you is more worthy, we'll have a challenge right here and now!"

The maid frowned even more as she realized that she has to take the challenge as well.

"Let's see." Sagawa rubbed her chin. "A chellange of the mind: A riddle! Ready?"

After a brief pause, the black haired girl finally spoke.

"What can be seen through, but doesn't look?"

Iori crossed her arms, apparently disinterested in the challenge. Something tells her that it was something simple, abstract. Something related to values that Kyouko cannot potentially see.

Even possibly something related to Sagawa that only her childhood friends only found out.

Then Kyouko responded.

"A telescope."

The maid sighed, before unfolding her arms and shrugged her shoulders. With a seemingly defeated expression...

"I'll pass. Besides, I think Himura-san would be a better... Knight than me."

She smiled at Kyouko.

@Ehb
@Skyswimsky
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Mizunohara Sagawa, turquoise, solid]
Sagawa%20Ico_zpspkldzqsy.jpg

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy - Main School Building - First Floor Hallways]

"A Telescope."

Kyouko answered.

The answer didn't get a particularly strong reaction from Sagawa, unfortunately. Rather, the meat bun lover seemed to be anticipating what Iori would come up with. However, the maid only gave a dejected answer of defeat.

"That's disappointing."

She turned to the maid.

"Are you some kind of cheap knockoff maid who doesn't even try?"

Looking at Kyouko again, she evaluated the pirate's answer in a softer tone.

"Anyhow, Kyou-chan. That answer isn't.. necessarily wrong. But I don't think isn't quite ideal either. You see, you use a telescope to see things from far away. But, from so far away and with only the small vision granted by it, you can only see a little bit. With that in mind, you can say that a telescope exists to let you admire something from far away, but you can't expect to truly understand anything by making use of it.

So, then, wouldn't a Window be a more ideal choice?"

The two were just barely holding onto her dissection of Kyouko's answer. But, for the pirate, she should could understand one thing. There was a time when Kyouko and Sagawa were close to each other. Michio too even. The three of them were always together. Kyouko had heard about Sagawa having an admirable older brother - but even before meeting him, she could believe those words, just drawing from the time she spent hanging out with her sister.

Kyouko could see eye-to-eye with Sagawa. As popular as her brother was, Sagawa herself was more withdrawn. But, that didn't matter to much to her. She had her brother, Michio, Kyouko, and the few other precious friends she hung onto much more closeley than the ragtag band that roamed with her older sibling. When comparing the two in that regard, that did give Sagawa a sort of charm despite her introvertedness.

But, now was different.

Kyouoko couldn't pull herself away earlier. When she heard Sagawa conversing with Iori. She didn't want to admit it, but.. she felt irritated by that. The Sagawa that mostly only spoke when she was spoken to. The Sagawa who clung to the few close people she cherished for wanting to be friends with her. Right now, she was trying her hardest to move away from that.

"Just because I explained it all does not mean we can just go trying it out right away you know?"
"Nishimura-san. You do realize that working with me means that your chip will become something fundamentally different than the ones the rest of the students and normal people use, right?"

Right now. Sagawa was trying to change. She didn't want to be the girl who had to rely on Michio or Kyouko for anything. But, if she really went through with that, it would really be impossible to go back to the way things used be.

But...

Wasn't that kind of thought like looking through a telescope? Looking for something that was already so far away?

When Kyouko became a part of the Red Pandas. And started needing to utilize more of her time there as an officer. Sagawa chose not to interfere. Even if she looked somewhat sad only being able to each Lunch with Michio instead of the both of them. Even when she gave a disappointment but understanding smile when Kyouko had to decline spending any more time with her due to an upcoming battle.

Sagawa had long ago accepted the fact that they were drifting apart. She was glad that Kyouko was able to find something of her own to persue. Was it really only now that Kyouko realized what had happened between them?

"Kyou-chan. I don't want your help. Considering what the hacker had done to Liza, I have a feeling that they're targeting any people I know in order to scare me away from investigating into them. So, someone like you would be the perfect target if that person realizes we're suddenly hanging out with each other."

"And, if you get hacked, you're going to put your own people at risk." Sagawa also Looked at Iori as she said this. "Even knowing that, do you really want to do this, Iori?"

Kyouko felt alienated from Sagawa once more. The meat bun lover had asked Iori like she wasn't even a part of the conversation anymore.

But her heart was breaking. After disregarding Sagawa for the pandas all of this time, and suddenly wanting to go back to the way things were now. Did she really want to help her? Or was this just her being selfish?

The wayward scene continued when she spoke:

@Skyswimsky
@Miya
@_Anyone

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Skyswimsky

[BCOLOR=transparent]Heh sure you want me there given my other hobbies? Might be fairly difficult if we have to talk about me again, though guess I could spy on others for topics, it was interesting though, but I wonder if things won't get out of hand. I'll consider it however, ara ara given me some time to consider.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was a valid point, if Ayame wasn’t as used to avoiding certain topics as Nyoko was they might end up with quite the predicament on their hands. She may be able to play a slip of the tongue, regarding the yakuza, off as a joke, but some were bound to believe it. Rumours were frequently spread without a single fact to back them up. Ayame saying she was yakuza on the student radio would land them in hot water, but they could pre-record everything they aired to avoid such a scenario. Editing it out whenever someone messed up. Nyoko might miss eating in the studio, but she’d have a co-host.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was about to respond to Ayame again, when one of the Red Pandas called for her attention. Apparently two of them had gotten into a scuffle, so they were about to have an unplanned fight. It happened more often than she cared to admit, yet gambling on a match relaxed her. Somehow it was more efficient than meditation. There was nothing cool about what had happened earlier in class, but Kira had a magical ability to push her button like no one else.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Still, she didn’t want to harm her, just teach her a lesson. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The entrance to the TTC was hidden away in a dirty cramped alley - out of sight, out of mind. If anyone spent any longer time observing the area, it may seem strange that a bunch of teenagers veered away from the sidewalk to enter, and not come out for hours, but everyone knew to be careful, knew to watch for stalkers. The other VR clans had prepared them for it. They played dirty, especially when provoked or angered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rei and Ayame might think it strange when nobody opened the door right away, considering where they were. It wasn’t the kind of place someone went by choice, let alone on their own. It was the kind of place your parents told you to stay away from.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was the perfect spot.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]S[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ayoto-san, brought a guest with me to see Morita-san."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A small hatch in the middle of the second door is opened, revealing two deep blue eyes staring at them. The hatch is quickly closed, and the door opens, revealing a blonde girl with a dragon hoodie, actual wings and tail.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Mooorita-san,” she drawls, with a masculine voice which tries to sound feminine. “Yeaaaah, she’s heeere.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Before the pair has had a chance to respond, the dragon girl has pulled them both inside the TTC, slamming the door behind them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Gaaambling,” the dragon girl says, pointing down a decrepit corridor at the double door of the main room, as she takes her seat by the entrance once more. She leans her head against the wall, staring up at the ceiling, likely interfacing with her chip, clearly bored with Rei and Ayame. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The faint beat of a psychedelic techno song can be heard from the main room, growing louder with each step they take. When they open the double doors, the beat is very loud, and the sights that greet them might remind one of a tivoli at night, or possibly a zoo due to all the virtual red pandas. There’s even a table where the animals are playing cards, while four of the clan members watch. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There are a lot of neon lights, strobes, and the majority appears to be dressed for a masquerade. They were gathered in front of the stage, with their backs against Rei and Ayame. On the stage are two boys with their weapons drawn, a shining sword against a spinning flail, engaged in a battle. Nyoko sits on top of a table, in a meditative pose with her legs crossed, focused. She looks the same as she always does, wearing her white kimono, except there’s a raven perched on her shoulder.[/BCOLOR]

@RedArmyShogun @Karyra
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Miya

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Vending Machine - Twilight Theatre Club]

Ayame made an acknowledgement of the apology, but Rei wasn't certain that she actually had processed it. But with a nod of a head they were off, walking towards the Twilight Theatre Club and the den of the Red Pandas. Hopefully, there would be answers there. The dirty, cramped alley probably was excellent cover, but not for anyone paying attention. Well, high school students could hardly own a cover business, after all. Rei made note of this fact.

In fact, she shouldn't be here if she was normal by any means. Her parents -if she had a normal home that is- would definitely worry about her going into somewhere that felt this... dangerous. As they went further in, she noted the loitering students, no doubt set there to prevent other clans from interfering. She wondered briefly if they ever had to worry about police finding this place.

Well, that depended upon the type of VR battles they did here, now didn't it?

Rei figured she'd ask that later, as they reached a door that looked like the kind that one would use at a bar. She was faintly surprised at the lack of a small window built into the door, but figured whatever building they operated out of didn't have it.

"Sayoto-san, brought a guest with me to see Morita-san."

It was odd that her bodyguard was doing the talking, but Rei had two reasons to believe that she'd do best to let Ayame take the lead for this little mission. For starters, Ayame clearly knew how to get in and didn't get any hassle at the door, as well as Ayame was the one who had been invited. These two things meant that Ayame was on fairly good terms with the Red Panda leader, while Rei had been too showy with her strength and probably annoyed her. Second, Rei didn't trust herself to be able to persuade the Red Panda leader quite yet. Given the lack of a response to her message, Rei had no reason to believe that she was wanted here.

The small window opened, and Rei realized that she'd just barely missed it, and it had blended into the door fairly well. Whoever was on door duty had clearlythought they were supposed to be there, because it swung open. The voice didn't quite match the body, but was trying to. Best not to comment on it, or she'd get on this door greeter's bad side quickly.

“Gaaambling,” the dragon girl says, and Rei looks down the hallway that was being pointed at.

"Cute jacket," Rei says as a passing comment as she goes further into the belly of the beast. Better to endear herself here at the door with manners than to pass through without comment. Plus, it was actually a cute jacket. She half wished she'd been that creative with her own virtu-ava.

The place was chaos, with animals playing cards at tables, lights, and most of all the noise. How anyone could stand it being this loud, Rei had no idea. She wouldn't let it show on her face, though. The place must be soundproof with the noise from inside, this probably had been a nightclub at some point, now refurbished for high school delinquents to use. Standing in front of a stage are a lot of masked passerby, watching a virtu-ava match. Rei didn't look too closely at it, instead noticing the white kimono of Nyoko on a table.

With a raven on her shoulder. That wasn't ominous at all.

"I didn't know that so many people were wearing their virtu-avas here, I would have worn mine if I'd known. Thank you for inviting us here." Manners, manners always. Rei even gave a little bow, not too deep, but something respectful. She was talking to the leader here, after all. Besides, Rei already knows she wasn't invited here personally, so she needed to at least try and mend bridges.

But Ayame would definetly be doing most, if not all the talking here. Rei would just be here as a guest. A guest with an agenda, but she wouldn't push it just yet if she didn't need to. So Rei would look for the girl from the library while Nyoko and Ayame chatted, standing nearby and waiting to be talked to, if the red panda girl was to be found in the Red Panda hideout.

@RedArmyShogun @Wen
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

rlK7Hhw.jpg

[October 30th, Afternoon / Twilight Theatre Club]

"Gambling huh?" Giving a nod of recognition to the Dragon girl, Ayame didn't seem to have much interest in carrying out a conversation than the girl did. As far as notification of existence or typical Japanese pleasantries, neither seemed to care.

Walking down the corridor with a bit of the swagger of one who belonged, or at least forced there way into such, Ayame pays scant attention to the hall around them. Upon opening the door however, her eyes tense slightly at the brightness, then followed by the sound. "Yare, Yare...Panda's belong in a zoo I guess.." Given the fact most of the regulars if not all of them were in VA camouflage as they went about various tasks, a group of four animals are even seen playing, Ayame switches to her own Battle Maid appearance.

Taking note of the gathering crowd at a stage, two males were in the process of battle, while Nyoko sat on a table silently observing... Or rather she seemed in a meditative State, Ayame had little doubt the Red Panda Leader was aware of what was happening in that room.

I didn't know that so many people were wearing their virtu-avas here, I would have worn mine if I'd known. Thank you for inviting us here."

With that Rei spoke directly to Nyoko, Rei pauses briefly considering correct the girl, but in a way this was what made Rei, Rei. In traditional Yakuza fashion Ayame takes up a step forward of her technical over boss. Ignoring the noise and crowds gathered around, like most crowds, people were awfully selective with hearing when it came to murky matters being discussed, though with the music blaring they likely couldn't hear anyone they were next to anyways.

"Ara, Ara, I never had any idea you were being part of the bidding prize. Heh. I bring Saionji-Sama of the.." Starting with a joke of sorts the Yakuza guard smiles stiffly.

Before Ayame can finish the introduction for her technical boss, the former bows which while proper left her at a position of weakness, Rei as the possible heir was socially equal if not superior to a mere Gang leader. But chances are Nyoko would look favorably on it at least, though Rei's seemingly wandering off didn't help with matters. But all the same that did seem fitting to her posting from what she gathered from the other Aniki, though something about it did irk Ayame slightly.. Wondering what she was doing Ayame is soon left in the Position of a Yakuza Captain or Lieutenant, speaking on the behalf of her over boss.

Twitching slightly Ayame wondered just when her manner of being became so sold out to the Yakuza. Letting out a bitter laugh of realization, she bows her head slightly. "Apologies just remembered something funny. Nice bird. So who's your money on with those two, or are they actually fighting for a date? Nice bird, so should we get down to business while the blood sport plays out?" Speaking casually the Yakuza seems to take an interest in the fight herself. Grinning at the blood sport remark, the battle maid mumbles under her breath. "Too bad isn't any real blood to have in these."

With Rei's wandering off into the nearby crowd, Ayame takes the time to turn her head every so often, scanning the room, guessing that she would be stuck speaking on Rei's Behalf. "In return we can talk bout that other issue as well, the request you had." Eyes still narrowed from the flash Ayame awaits a reply.

@Wen @Karyra
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Kyouko Himura, #3DA3C2, solid]

For a moment, Kyouko was surprised - caught off-guard even - just what was the maid's deal? Maybe... was accepting the challenge in itself the wrong decision? Though, going by the expression of the maid's face she had maybe already given up without even trying? Yet another one of the small differences between the blonde and the maid. The eye-patch wearing girl suppressed all wasted no thoughts on the possibility of defeat.

Or maybe, just maybe, Iori was actually supporting the pirate? Despite Kyouko's thoughts that the maid thought so little of their new-founded friendship it was, in fact, the blonde who treated it as such? Not like she felt bad about it; as already established, Kyouko would go over corpses for her friends.

Regardless, after both of them had given their answers, Sagawa finally spoke up - each of the meat-bun's lovers words being like a sword strike aimed to reduce the Knight's health to zero.

"Even knowing that, do you really want to do this, Iori?"

At the end, Sagawa treated Kyouko like she wasn't even here anymore. If there was one thing the attention-loving girl couldn't stand it was not getting any attention. And oh did it hurt when your supposed-to-be-best-childhood-friend pulled such a move. Considering the beating she had already received it was nearly like a critical. Nearly... .

Kyouko's mind was going places. Added to that the matter of Misheru's betrayal the though pirate was damn close to tears again. Feelings of despair and self-doubts mixed with hatred and envy towards the innocent Maid spread through her entire being. Was it just supposed to end like that? When had it gone wrong? If Sagawa had to go through such effort to 'gently' tell Kyouko off, not to mention doing her best to even salvage the situation after Iori refused to even give an answer, just how far had they drifted apart in Sagawa's eyes?

Fuck. It hurt. It really hurt. The realization of what Sagawa Mizunohara thought about Kyouko Himura truly hurt. If not for their shared past they weren't more than strangers? Was that it? What about Kyouko? What about the the fallen Knight who, despite wiser people telling her it was not possible, wanted to have everything without sacrificing anything? Was accepting Sagawa's choice the right step in growing up? If so, what about Kyouko's own feelings? Maybe it was Kyouko who relied more on Sagawa than the other way around. So? What was Kyouko going to do? Giving up? Was Kyouko supposed to give up? Was that the 'right' choice?

Kyouko may have been at the verge of tears yet again. Her spirit been nearly destroyed by Sagawa's action. Her heart broken by all those assumptions. But even so... even so. Kyouko Himura was the, wanted to be, kind of girl that was moving along HER path. Even if her heart stopped beating. She would continue walking. Even if her head would be torn off. She would continue walking. Even if her legs would stopped working. Kyouko Himura would continue to walk. Kyouko would continue walking the path she believed to be right no matter the consequences.

"Hey..." Kyouko murmured rather silently after giving the other two long enough time to converse some more "Hey..." Kyouko repeated. Louder, firmer, having seemingly found new strength ouf of nowhere. "We're not done yet." The walking corpse wasn't done yet!

"First off, a window is made out of glass. So is a telescope, just different...glass!" Was the pirates glorious comeback? "But don't take ME for a Fool. I'm well aware how stacked the odds are. So don't even bother with that silly game." Kyouko closed her eyes for a second, taking a deep breath. Having now completely rebuild her strength just through the act of speaking some words, she continued on.

While her small pause was big enough of a gap for Sagawa or Iori to speak up, the bold girl made no secret out of cutting into their words. "Look. I don't need, and don't want, to make some bullshit drama out of this. And the least you could do for me is hear MY side. Both you and me have grown but that doesn't change a damn thing that I see you as a little-sis I never had... so, I won't sugarcoat any of this." While Kyouko was, usually, more friendly towards those she hold dear the pirate didn't make any difference in her pattern of speech when it came to being serious... in her way. Just like now.

Kyouko was now completely on fire again - risen from the ashes like a phoenix. If Sagawa wanted to kill Kyouko she had to do better. "You might not believe it but, surprise, I do care a great deal about you. You, Misheru, Kira,..." Did she just slip in her crush by accident? "...Yuuki, Nyoko, Ayame, Mana. From all those people I know - and not even all are goddamn Fools - I only really give a crap about them... you! I would give my EVERYTHING to help any of you!" She smirked for a second.

"Heh, and considering I'm too awesome to die I don't even need to be afraid of that." Before continuing more serious. "How is that so hard to understand? Because of what? We haven't shared lunch in a while? Because you haven't beaten my ass in Dueling Monsters for a while? Because I'm very well damn aware that you aren't my little cute Sagawa-chan from back then anymore and can take better care of yourself now? So what? If you'd move to the other fucking side of the country and I hear you'd be in deep shit I would get to you the second I heard. Just how, how is that so hard to understand? It's not like you, or me, have become completely different people!" While Kyouko did not seem sad in a defeated kind of way, tears were actually flowing. "It's the least I, anyone, should do for those they care about! So why is it so goddamn hard to just accept the helping hand of this silly one-eyed person? Driving her so far into a corner to make her go ahead and give some boring goddamn speech about the her meaning of friendship that nobody wants to listen to anyways?! " Even Kyouko needed a second to breath though!

Opening her mouth again, Kyouko closed it again, anything more would just open up to the 'silly drama' she wasn't really too keen on making. Though, there was one last thing, one final nail in what was most likely already her own coffin. "And didn't I already tell you? I AM going to help you. I am going to be that egoistic asshole who does things the way she wants them to do even if you don't tell her to. If you don't want to cooperate with me then.... I have to accept that. But I won't stand idle by while just watching how you're getting destroyed." Yes, Sagawa had to move more than just a mountain to kill the burning spirit of this one.

Iori was, for now, completely ignored at this point for Kyouko. Despite the blonde's initial ill thoughts she was very well damn aware that Iori had, in a way, nothing to do with this.

@Ehb
@Miya
@THISFLAMEOFHERSSHALLFOREVERBURN[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I didn't know that so many people were wearing their virtu-avas here, I would have worn mine if I'd known. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Thank you for inviting us here.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nyoko couldn’t hear a word that Rei told her at first, since the music was so loud, so she missed the beginning of her sentence. Thankfully, Nyoko had direct access to the sound system of the TTC by her chip. She turned down the music, which made a number of the red pandas groan, but she caught the end of Rei’s sentence, and she cocked an eyebrow when the girl bowed to her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If she’d heard everything she said, she would have commented on how Rei could literally don her virtu-ava whenever she chose to.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“It is my pleasure to have you as a guest, Saionji-san,” Nyoko said, giving a slight bow as well. It wasn’t particularly easy to bow when she was sitting with her legs crossed on top of a table though. “Do be careful you don’t get assaulted by a sign, eh?”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nyoko knew and remembered pretty much everything which her red pandas told her, and some which they didn’t, since she had access to information through the student radio too. Sometimes she worried that her chip might malfunction due to all the notes she kept.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No sooner had Nyoko mentioned a sign, than a virtual red panda appeared on a table in front of Rei, waving at her, and cooing. She was pretty sure pandas didn’t coo, but it wasn’t like they waved at you either. It held up a sign which read “Round 2. Do you want to play again?”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ara, Ara, I never had any idea you were being part of the bidding prize. Heh. I bring Saionji-Sama of the.."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nyoko smirked at Ayame’s joke. It was in rather poor taste, as Nyoko was the leader of this group, and none of them had any chance to win her hand, or even romance her. She had to remain above them, aloof, even if she somehow, against the odds, developed feelings for one of them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Harr harr harr,” Nyoko said, without sounding all that amused. Still, she smiled. She was in a good mood at the moment, and the baby hadn’t acted like a baby, so there was that. “I’m not worth as much as the actual prize pool.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was a very demeaning comment about her own person, resulting in a sad frown which was soon replaced by a faked smile doing its best to seem genuine and warm.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Apologies just remembered something funny[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Nice bird. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]So who's your money on with those two, or are they actually fighting for a date?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Nice bird, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]so should we get down to business[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] while the blood sport plays out? Too bad isn't any real blood to have in these."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nyoko shakes her head, petting her bird. For some strange reason, despite Ayame’s casual manner, she got the impression that she was nervous. There was no reason for her to be nervous here, and she’d probably regret her statement about real blood if she ever ran into one of the other VR clans. Well, they had no reason to pick a fight with a yakuza bodyguard, unless they began to think she was dear to Nyoko. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“A date with whom? Each other?” Nyoko chuckles. “No, we aren’t savages. They would just ask each other out if one of them were interested in the other. And yes, Ra is such a nice bird that he deserves to hear it twice. My money's on the guy with the flail, cause it’s a cooler weapon than a sword by far.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She didn’t actually care much if she won or lost her bets. The pleasure was to play. If Kira’d been here, she could have played that one rock song which Nyoko adored - Ace of Spades. It was certainly better than the nickname she’d given her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Blood, huh…” A mischievous grin crept onto Nyoko’s lips, and she winked, concentrating on the battle on the stage. When the guy with the sword struck his opponent, an excessive amount of blood was thrown onto the audience, but seemed to miss everyone except Ayame. It clung to her battle maid outfit, dripped off of it, reacted and moved much like real blood, but if it had been real blood the other guy would have been dead due to the amount. Still, it was warm and sticky. It might be nigh impossible for someone to tell the difference. “Blood, hmm?”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The difference between the master and her students was that Nyoko’s VR illusions were creepily close to reality. They didn’t gaze at the border between reality and VR, wistfully. No, they danced over it with confidence.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nyoko had to turn her face away from Ayame, so the other girl wouldn’t notice how she had a difficult time preventing herself from laughing out loud at the bodyguard. She climbed off the table, waving for Ayame to come with her so they could talk in private. As Ayame followed her to the back of the TTC, the blood slowly began to fade. Nyoko took a seat at a secluded table.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Don’t want everyone listening in on my every word,” Nyoko explained, though there was an office they could have used. “Stickers, was it? Do you have one of these stickers so I can see what they look like?” [/BCOLOR]

@RedArmyShogun @Karyra
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox= Kamijou Michio, plum, solid]

MichioIcopeg_zps8txoshd1.jpg

[October 30th, Afternoon/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, On the way to Kanesaka]

Michio couldn't help but chuckle a bit when he witnessed Taigi doing a bit of tsundere play. Sure it was a sight that he didn't expect to see from someone like him (and he never wanted to see again for that matter) but he did appreciate his effort in cheering him up a little. It was the first time he felt he could take it easy ever since the rooftop rejection from earlier. And seeing Taigi giving typical lecherous looks at girls they passed by helped him relax exponentially.

Still, it seemed like there really was an underlying reason why Taigi was acting like this. He wouldn't normally propose something like this unless something big happened like the release of an anime adaptation of a manga or light novel he was following. However, Michio knew of no such thing, and this year's Comiket was already held roughly two months ago. So, he found it strange that he'd ask him to eat out on this particular date... unless...

His thoughts were interrupted when his chip notified him that he'd received a new message from Ayame. Fortunately, it seemed like his childhood friend was engaged in a private cconversation with someone, providing a small window for Michio to reply to Ayame's message.

Ah nice to see you aren't harmed, haven't came to see you today Michio-san.

Yeah sure, I'll help with some beatings if you want, rather sleep but that's not too bad. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, mostly just middle aged idiots more likely to trip over there feet than not. Least they never try and offer me compensated dating. Would have to make sure they did more than trip, pigs. Just don't get busy without me. ~ Ayame.
"Why does she assume that I invited her to beat up some drunk middle aged men? Heh, I guess that's just how a bodyguard's mindset is. I hope she doesn't find it a waste of her time when she finds out that I just wanted to have a chat... oh well. With my luck, I would have to incapacitate half a dozen drunkards before Ayame arrives... but no need to tell her that."

Activating his UI, he turned away from Taigi to type in his message to his shared bodyguard. Even when one does not necessarily see another person's UI, hence one cannot see what you type unless you make your UI visible to others, the silver-haired scion still preferred to keep his situation and the others involved in it a secret from the people around him.

To: Ayame

Subject: Re: Tonight's Shift

A lot of ... stuff happened today. Had a lot more Social Morals Work to deal with than usual.

Hopefully it's a slow night tonight. I'm not in the mood to ice some drunkards as a matter of fact. But hey, work is work, right? The barkeep probably hired me because I'm a cheaper alternative to a security guard, and I come along with a cute, yet at the same time, badass bodyguard as an added bonus. Though if no "incidents" occur tonight, I don't mind going for a few rounds myself. A few beers, a friendly chat with you, music playing in the background, that sounds like a good night to me. Besides, I'd probably need you there with me more than you think, otherwise I may drink a little too much than I'd prefer.

Plus, there are some things about our "line of work" that I'd like to discuss with you... Particularly regarding Saionji-san. Well, see you later, Aya~

--Michio

He had just finished typing the message and deleting all related messages hinting at his Yakuza Activities when Taigi motioned to continue going towards wherever he plans to treat him. The entire walk wasn't at all lengthy, at least by Michio's standards anyway. The route he takes when he is jogging nowadays would take him nearly an hour to make 1 complete lap so this distance was nothing for him.

[October 30th, Afternoon/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, On the way to Kanesaka]

When they arrived at the restaurant, he was worried that Taigi went over the top with his spending again for Michio's sake but he breathed out a sigh of relief when he noticed that the place looked like just about any formal japanese restaurant. Judging by the simplistic decor of the place, it looked like the rates wouldn't put any particularly heavy strain on his childhood friend's finances so Michio needn't worry about imposing on Taigi so much.

One of the waiters led the two to a private, washitsu-style room which gave a homey feel to the entire experience, and not long after they had entered the room, several men had brought several platefuls of delectable food that would have made Michio's mouth water if he had lost all semblance of self-control. When was the last time he had ate food that looked that good aside from his mother's cooking? He was not sure, but if he had to make a hunch, it was well before the Kamijou family was involved with the Yakuza's... back when his father's company was still bathing in prosperity.

“Let’s eat.” Taigi urged, and Michio need not Taigi tell him twice.

He didn't even realize how hungry he was until he realized just how many plates of food he had downed. Is this what people would refer to as stress eating, or was he just that plain hungry? he didn't know and he didn't care. It would take quite a bit of effort to burn all the calories he consumed tonight but it would be rude on Taigi's part if Michio didn't enjoy himself and let all this food go to waste.

After he was certain that he couldn't eat another bite, he finally got to thanking his friend for his generous gesture. If it wasn't for Taigi, then he probably wouldn't have gotten to eat such delicious dishes in Kanesaka, much less known such a restaurant existed so near in Hisakawa in the first place.

“Pretty good ain’t it? Bet you never knew such a place existed nearby. Room is soundproof too.” The black haired guy said as he smiled at Michio.

"I couldn't thank you enough for this, Taigi-kun... even after I've... neglected our friendship lately you still didn't hesitate to treat me to such a nice dinner. Still, even if the place feels just like an ordinary restaurant, I can't help but feel that you've splurged quite a bit again, judging by the amount of food you ordered and the special room you had reserved so I apologize for imposing on your kindness yet again." After saying that, Michio gave a grateful nod at his friend and smiled genuinely for the first time after the rooftop incident.

Taigi's generosity reminded him that even when Sagawa had abandoned him, he still had friends remaining that still care a great deal about him. That reminded him... he needed to check on Kira soon and reconnect with her too. He wasn't willing to lose another childhood friend, after all. And with Yura visibly shaken by what happened to the woman he loves, he too had been absent this past week.

“Well enough pussyfooting. You might be wondering what’s the occasion. I’ll be straight with you: I overheard your conversation you had with Mizunohara-san.” Taigi flatly declared to Michio.

All of a sudden, the world seemed to stop. Michio now realized the true nature of why Taigi invited him to dinner. It wasn't solely to reconnect with him, nor was it just one of his whims. The reason why he suddenly invited Michio to have dinner with him was both as an apology for overhearing his conversation with Sagawa Mizunohara, and as way to cheer him up. But after realizing that another person outside of his dark world is at the verge of getting swallowed up by it all over again, Michio could only clench his fists until the balls of his knuckles turned white and gnash his teeth in self-derision.

“Somebody dropped the key to the roof and seeing an opportunity I took it. You know how I’ve expressed my desire before about it. Ah, I returned the key later so don’t worry about that. Anyways, I thought about revealing myself but as Mizunohara-san continued to speak the thought of it just vanished. I’m sorry for that. Take this meal as my way of apologizing. And to try and cheer you up. And…”

“I want to let you know that I’m here for you man. I know I’m not the most reliable guy. But sometimes it helps to have a second person’s perspective on things.”

His words entered one ear and came out the other. Taigi Narita was one of the most stubborn people he knew, and that's one of the few traits Michio liked about him. But now that he knew the silver-haired boy was involved with a criminal syndicate, there's no telling what he would do. Even if Michio told him to stay out of it, he doubts that Taigi would listen to him. After seeing how much the Yakuza had ruined him, Sagawa, Rei, and Ayame, his conscience couldn't bear seeing them ruin another friend of his.

“I’m probably not being entirely fair about this. So I should ask you before continuing. After all, the issue is not about what I want to do, but you. What do you want me to do? What are you going to do?”

"If you have truly heard my conversation with... Mizunohara-san, then you're now very well aware of the situation I'm in. I have no other way, I have no other path. My dream... I've sacrificed that single dream I've held after all these years for the woman I loved. I have nothing left... The only meaningful thing I can do with my life now is to vie with Saionji-san for the position of Yakuza Boss. For Sagawa's sake... For my parents' sake.... For Rei's sake.... For Ayame's sake.... For you and for all my friends' sake.... I have to win whatever it takes... no matter the cost. That is the only way I could have my revenge, not only on those who wronged me, not only on those who toyed with the lives of my family and my friends, but it would be my vengeance on Fate herself."

That was the only motivation he had left to keep on living. Without the goal of becoming a Yakuza Boss, Michio would be left with nothing. No Dream, No Hope, and No Future. That's why he had to win... that's why he had to beat Rei Saionji and Kokoro Amane.

"If it was the old me, I would have never wanted you to get involved in this fucking mess I'm in now. I don't want any more people to get swallowed up by the darkness. But... the old Michio is gone now. And I wouldn't hesitate to admit that I would need every help I could get. It's high time I start making allies for the fight ahead... and if you're willing to follow me to the very depths of hell, then I would be glad to have someone like you by my side. So, Taigi Narita... are you willing to descend into darkness with me? Be aware that the moment you say yes, you would abandon the notion of living an easy, normal life. So, please think this over." Michio said in a determined voice as he stared Taigi in the eye.

however, his concentration was broken when he realized just how bad the line he delivered was.

"God, I sound like I've reverted to my Chuunibyou stage with all this darkness talk." He casually said to lighten up the dreadful atmosphere, even by just a little bit.

That's right. He wouldn't push Taigi away when he's so willing to help him out. Though he would not beg for his help either. Michio wanted him to make the choice himself. Would he follow his friend into the world of darkness, or would he choose to live a safe, normal life?

"Still, whatever your answer may be, I trust that you would keep everything we've discussed and everything you heard at the rooftop a secret." Michio added in a stern voice as he stared at Taigi once again.

Now all he could do was sip some more tea to calm him down as he awaited Taigi's response.

@Illin @RedArmyShogun

[/fieldbox]

rlK7Hhw.jpg

Wait, did I say nice bird twice? Considering this Ayame pays attention to her surroundings, was it stress from the environment, worry or just social Awkwardness?

Of course she would point that out. Grimacing slightly at Nyoko's reaction Ayame sighs lightly.

And yes, Ra is such a nice bird that he deserves to hear it twice.

"Been an..interesting day, sorry about that." Bowing politely as means of apology, Ayame found herself curious over the bird's name, Ra seemed to stick out but she could not recall why. Before she can address the issue around her date remark, a rather large amount of blood seems to splash out from a cut on stage. As it seemed to splash only on her, Ayame seems to gain an expression that's only been in school rumor till this point, the fact that she was a Blood Knight.

Grinning with narrowed eyes it seemed to invoke an almost Primal Savagery, like near full face paint, like something from a horror movie, while running down, as Nyoko turns her head while muttering; “Blood, hmm?”

For her own part Ayame chuckles lightly as her expression slowly returns to normal. "Simulations can only do so much. You and your friends should look into employment making patches and improvements to the VR system though." Following Nyoko in turn to the back as the blood starts to vanish, it seemed not so many people were around here, a classic hosting table from the Theater's nightclub days.

Taking a seat, the Red Panda leader explains the move while getting straight to the point. “Stickers, was it? Do you have one of these stickers so I can see what they look like?”

Reaching through her virtual appearance to an actual pocket, Ayame pulls out a few examples of it. "Its bordering Harassment.. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how the.. Organization will react if this keeps up. Right now its a Child's Prank.. But one that's costing face."

Sitting down the collection of stickers it was of various Red Panda's doing very posses and silly things.

"You can see why I'm thinking its one of yours. If it's not then someone is trying hard to point that way.. There are ways I can solve this but they won't end well for the prankster."

Letting what amounted to the stick of her request linger, Ayame now presents the Carrot.

"Plus if this gives me less work to do, then that makes being on the Radio Show a bit more likely, yeah?"

While leaving the stickers and time for Nyoko to gather her thoughts, Ayame suddenly receives another alert via her VR chip, opening it, her eyes seem to scan empty air.

"Shit, got a message that needs a reply...I'll keep it short."

To: Ayame

Subject: Re: Tonight's Shift

A lot of ... stuff happened today. Had a lot more Social Morals Work to deal with than usual.

Hopefully it's a slow night tonight. I'm not in the mood to ice some drunkards as a matter of fact. But hey, work is work, right? The barkeep probably hired me because I'm a cheaper alternative to a security guard, and I come along with a cute, yet at the same time, badass bodyguard as an added bonus. Though if no "incidents" occur tonight, I don't mind going for a few rounds myself. A few beers, a friendly chat with you, music playing in the background, that sounds like a good night to me. Besides, I'd probably need you there with me more than you think, otherwise I may drink a little too much than I'd prefer.

Plus, there are some things about our "line of work" that I'd like to discuss with you... Particularly regarding Saionji-san. Well, see you later, Aya~

--Michio

"Yare yare.." Judging by the contents of the message, Ayame had a feeling this was going to be a bit difficult, though with the mention of Rei, the Bodyguard wondered if something serious on that end was happening, thinking back on the rumors of the day Ayame makes a short reply.

Sorry Michio, doing a bit of business, should be done soon, don't drink too much, if at all before I arrive. And social Moral's work huh? I find that as likely as your attempts to hit on me being sincere heh. Anyways I'll sit with you for a bit.. I should be done here soon. ~Ayame
Turning her full attention back to Nyoko, Ayame hopes there is some sort of solution for her problem least it likely escalates.
"That's done, but I have more work after this it looks like."

@Accelerator @Wen @Karyra so you know whats going on with the talk.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Reactions: Accelerator

[October 30th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Twilight Theatre Club]

“It is my pleasure to have you as a guest, Saionji-san, do be careful you don’t get assaulted by a sign, eh?”

Rei made no outward motion at the comment, but was struggling to understand its meaning. If she showed weakness here, more than just face would be lost. Nyoko would be a formidable ally if she could make it work, and Rei had a feeling she needed more people on her side, and soon.

A red panda cooed at her, and held up a sign that said, “Round 2. Do you want to play again?”

Ah, so that's what Nyoko was talking about. With a smile, Rei turned on her vitu-ava as a response, but decided to talk to it as well. "Long as I don't have to find a key, I'm game," Rei said to the panda.

It was then that the blood splattered all over the crowd, and Rei wasn't so much as fazed by it. It wasn't the first time she'd seen blood, nor would it be the last. Besides, she doubted it was real despite the realism of the display. Killing other Red Pandas wasn't very productive in the long run, but it probably sated the crowd. Simpletons. Rei would bet all her wallet's cash that if it had been real blood they'd be panicking. Either that, or they wouldn't be able to tell the difference from real blood or this simulated stuff. They probably would know once it didn't start to fade like this stuff, but she suspected by then it might be a little too late for the poor soul.

In the background, Rei noted Nyoko and Ayame going to a secluded table. Hopefully, they hash out the sticker situation soon. Her virtu-ava was looking better off then Rei currently was doing, and it was supposed to look dead and ghostly. This was ruining her face to the Yakuza and her mother. Thus, it was ruining her training and her health. Meanwhile, Michio looked like he had a change of heart, and Rei was running herself into the ground over some stickers.

But her red eyes scanned the crowd and the red panda for another message from mysterious library girl. Rei kind of felt bad for not asking a name, but she'd also assumed that would be the end of the Red Panda involvement with the lower ranked goons. This time she'd ask, as the Panda was no doubt somewhere where she felt more comfortable.

Not to mention... this Red Panda managed to turn on Rei's rendering. This virtu-ava clan knew how to hack into other people's chips. While it didn't look like it was the level Sawaga had been rumored to be at -changing a virtu-ava fight's outcome from the sounds of it- this was still worth looking into. If not, then it would be worth picking up a few of their skills for herself. She needed to be able to defend her own mind better, and removing the chip wasn't an option.

@RedArmyShogun @Wen
[/fieldbox]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She wished she still was as naive as Ayame when it came to simulations and illusions, but the more she’d learnt the more she’d understood what a powerful weapon they could be. They could drive a person out of their mind, or they could potentially be used to overload a chip, blowing it up or melting it. She’d never seen such a horror committed on anyone, but their chips were connected to their spines, so overloading them should be able to permanently cripple a person or kill them. The perpetrator could walk away without repercussions. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There had to be safety precautions built into them to prevent that, yet the Red Pandas had already figured out how to sidestep some of them with their homebrewed clan program.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You can see why I'm thinking its one of yours. If it's not then someone is trying hard to point that way.. There are ways I can solve this but they won't end well for the prankster. Plus if this gives me less work to do, then that makes being on the Radio Show a bit more likely, yeah?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nyoko picks up the stickers to observe them, and an involuntary squeal slips from her lips when she sees them for the first time. They are so adorable! Oh goodness, she had to show them to the others. Nyoko rises from the table, just as she remembers that this could cause a serious incident between the yakuza and her VR-clan. It might bring her a lot of grief if she didn’t deal with it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Ah, I’m getting ahead of myself,” Nyoko says, sitting back down. “No, I’ve never seen these before, even if we may have had some promotional material in the past we were never quite so obvious in the distribution. They may as well have written our clan names on it. I heard Rei got one of our notebooks as a gift.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nyoko suspects it’s one of the other VR clans, but she doesn’t know which one in particular this time. They’re at war, and they will remain at war as long as the Red Pandas has control of the TTC, but she’s not going to surrender the theatre club easily. They’d only have their headquarters in the old warehouse in that case. Logically, it had to be someone with money, or the resources to produce stickers of different variety.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“I’m sorry, Sayato-san, but I don’t think it’s going to be easy for me to solve this little problem of yours,” Nyoko says, grabbing all the stickers for herself, pocketing them. “There are a couple of clans that might try to frame us, like the Elders, or the Sharks…” Nyoko visibly shudders at the mention of the second clan. Fish creeps her out. “It might be faster if one of you pitch in though, or both of you.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It didn’t seem that Ayame’s carrot had been all that useful. Nyoko would enjoy having a co-host, but she wasn’t about to be manipulated.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you don't have the time, I guess I'll have to ask..." The baby. "Saionji-san."[/BCOLOR]
@RedArmyShogun
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=, white, solid]
[BCOLOR=transparent]It was difficult for her to hear Rei’s response from across the room, as she peeked through the door she held open. She assumed that Rei was interested in playing the game with her though, since she turned on her virtua ava.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She made the red panda with a sign throw away his old one, and pull a new sign out from behind his back. “Have you gotten any better? Trained?”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There were a lot of people in the TTC, and most were crowded around the stage, but she had a good view from where she hid. Technically she wasn’t hiding, as she was trying to assist a certain someone with their work. They weren’t all that productive on their own.[/BCOLOR]

@Karyra
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Mizunohara Sagawa, turquoise, solid]
Sagawa%20Ico_zpspkldzqsy.jpg

"First off, a window is made out of glass. So is a telescope, just different...glass!"
"But don't take ME for a Fool. I'm well aware how stacked the odds are. So don't even bother with that silly game."

Sagawa chuckled at the pirates immediate responses.

In the end, Kyouko had much to say. Her determination, stubbornly declaring that she'd 'help' even if Sagawa refused it. Even if Sagawa were to walk away from her now, Kyouko would go about trying to help her. Did that mean appearing conveniently to assist even when Sagawa didn't want it? Did that mean forcing herself forward to Sagawa even when she didn't desire it?

Wasn't all of those things, something that Iori was already doing?

It was that train of thought that produced the pitied expression the meat bun girl wore, in response to Kyouko's declarations. There was already someone doing those things. The semi-annoying yet forward person who intruded against Sagawa's will was a role that Iori had already unknowingly taken. Yet, here was Kyouko, deciding she wanted to come back just right after Sagawa had accepted that fact.

You've already been replaced, Kyou-chan.

That was the most immediate thing Sagawa could think of saying to her. But, even for someone who already plainly blurted out what they thought, even she could tell that she couldn't throw such a statement out. Even if that was how she felt.

She had hoped that she wouldn't have to do this so soon - much less in front of someone else. Conflicted, Sagawa closed her eyes.

Once again, Sagawa looked at Kyouko Himura.

"Please dont make this difficult, Kyouko-chan. Why is me saying I don't want your help any kind of drama? You're the one making this into a drama, aren't you!?
Even if I felt lonely when you decided to be with your new club most of the time. I didn't complain or fight it because I thought it was something that you wanted! Even when Michio said he'd drag you back to us, I stopped him because it was great that you were able to get along with more different people! Even if we wouldn't spend every day together anymore. Even if the only person I could hang out with school was just Michio. Even I missed you... I put all of that aside because I wanted to think you were really moving forward on your own!

So please, stop it. This nonsense about you having anything to do with me anymore."

Sagawa paused a second. It seemed like she had run out of steam, but suddenly, a smile formed on her face.

It was a sickly self depreciating smile.

"Ah.. Hahaha. That's it! I think I understand it now! Of course it would only be now that you'd want to come an d declare you'd help. That's because of that whole 'hero of justice' mindset you have. Kyouko-chan finally sees a chance where she can be a hero and save someone who vaguely resembles someone she'd feasibly care about. After 'everything turns out all right' Kyouko-chan will look like a big hero, both in appearance and in deed.

I'm pretty sure that's along the lines of how a shallow person like you would think. Am I correct?"

This train of thought was undeniably much like the way a certain student in their class would be expected to say. Just thinking about that person got on Kyouko's nerves. A part of her wanted to call Sagawa out on trying to act like him. But, there was something stopping her from doing that outright.

There was a deep seated part of her that was unsure just how much of that was copying the silver haired enigma's mindset and how much was how she actually felt. It wasn't just a few missed lunches between them - it wasn't only a few weekends missed going out to the shopping mall together. At this point, this was the most that they had spoken to each other this entire school year.

Kyouko couldn't erase a year and a half of what she had done (or rather not done) solely by loudly proclaiming what she wanted to do.

The pirate knew this more than most anyone else, on account of having been childhood friends with Sagawa.

Right now, In Sagawa's mind... The moment Kyouko decided to stop being like her friend this year, was the moment Sagawa decided she wasn't a friend anymore.

All that Sagawa saw in front of her was a massive hypocrite with an eye-patch. She hated those kind of people the most. That was why someone who was wholly dedicated to becoming her prince in shining armor... none of other than Michio Kamijou, was most suited for her. But, something had happened. No, Kyouko had to go further than that, something had happened in the past week Sagawa was gone.

Right now, it was making her act... not the way she normally would.

That was it!

The thing that Kyouko was troubled by from all of this time. It was the fact that Sagawa wouldn't be doing this of her own fruition unless something happened! If Kyouko, or anyone truly wanted to save her, they would have to find that answer.

But, right now, for the pirate. There was a large obstacle in getting to that truth. A year's worth of neglect. The meat bun lover certainly harbored a measure of contempt from that.

Without a doubt, Michio probably failed to see this. Which had most likely lead to the troubled expression he wore in the classroom today after lunch. If Kyouko also fell victim here, it would take someone a much longer way to get past Sagawa's troublesome handle on people. But, by the time someone else could make it to Kyouko or Michio's position on their own, then, probably, this self destructive behavior on Sagawa would've probably run it's course.

Without anyone else, she'd be a puppet. Kept for her uncommon knowledge of chip hacking.

"What's this? Did you turn deaf too, Kyouko-chan?" Sagawa taunted.

If Kyouko wanted to turn this around. She'd have to turn things around now if there would be any hope for her friend. Maybe it was worth taking a note from Sagawa's proclamation. Her champion had to be someone who was stronger and smarter than anyone else.

They had to be able to see things past face value. The same way Sagawa always tried to.

Could the pirate be the one to do it? Stop Sagawa making herself everyone's enemy on her own?

@Skyswimsky
@Miya
@_Anyone(Technically)

[/fieldbox]

rlK7Hhw.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Watching Nyoko's reaction, it was somewhat amusing to the Bodyguard, she was caught of guard by Nyoko's squeal, it seemed she really did love the creatures. While Ayame didn't fully understand the impact of VR technology, she did have a bit in the manner of street smarts, with some inclination of just what the VR mess was causing. If not the furthest effects of what it could be used for.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Ah, I’m getting ahead of myself,” Nyoko says, sitting back down, Ayame for her part grunts in recognition, spreading her palms out on the table and leaning forward the Yakuza listens and watches as Nyoko pockets the stickers, mentioning a few gangs there was a noticeable shudder upon mention of Sharks, that was a 2nd surprise of the day.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you don't have the time, I guess I'll have to ask..." "Saionji-san." Pausing for a bit Ayame turns her head to search for Rei, but speaks her peace as she does so. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I doubt it's you or yours. It's too blatant and suicidal. Some jackass is likely either hacking us or has a clocking device of some sort or another, and wants the Yakuza to stomp your Panda's for them. It's what I would do. Not too mention I believe this is driving Rei up a wall.. And if it continues the Yakuza may just give whoever is behind this what they want." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leaning back from the table, Ayame crosses her arms, exhaling a bit with a somewhat disappointed sigh. This wasn't what she wanted to hear after all.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I never really gave VR much of a thought, but I can't fight who I don't see unless I set up a trap. You wouldn't happen to have any means to help out with my own chip would you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leaving her request open ended Ayame turns her attention to the last bit of what Nyoko had said. "It might be good to tell her, but I think she's dead set in believing your guys are behind it, or rather the girl from the Library. She may or may not believe it."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Making a spot decision of her own the bodyguard smiles thinly, getting up from the table, she lets her eyes scan the room, before looking back at the Red Panda leader.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I may co-host with you, could be useful in buying time till this is resolved, a time killer after, I have too much coffee around lunch anyways. I can help with the other matter as well, though I don't know if I'll look into it till tomorrow. Could see what Rei thinks, if we find her that is."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Wen @Karyra so you know whats going on with the talk. pt2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][/fieldbox][/BCOLOR]

Last edited:

“Have you gotten any better? Trained?”

Not a direct reply. The music had been turned down, so it wasn't that, exactly. Probably a factor, but whoever the library girl was, she wasn't near the stage right now. If she remembered right, Rei figured that a line of sight was needed to project illusions like this. That, and concentration. So she needed to find someone watching, as well as concentrating.

Rei tried to ignore the trained comment. The answer was yes, but not in the way that her new 'friend' likely thought. The scrapes and bruises underneath her clothes and now under the virtu-ava were the main reason that she'd been allowed to investigate today. Bruises and injuries happen when you're distracted by your tiredness and stress when sparring.

But back to looking for her library ghost. After a few minutes of scanning the back of the club, which was the most likely place for the girl to be, she spotted a door that was only slightly open. It was difficult, but Rei was thorough and had looked through the back of the club a few times. She even noticed where Nyoko and Ayame were sitting and the sticker that Ayame showed and Nyoko's reaction. Without what they were saying it was difficult to tell exactly what she was reacting to, but Rei would take a gamble that the Red Pandas themselves were not involved in the sticker incident.

While it didn't seem like her ghost might be in the room with the door, Rei wouldn't pass up checking out the slightly open door if that meant she could benefit from it. Besides, it didn't seem like Nyoko was paying any special attention to Rei currently. Plus, she wasn't certain that many people at school could recognize her Virtu-ava, so if she went back there and was spotted then Nyoko might not be angry at Rei and blame someone else for her snooping. Might.

When she arrived at the door, Rei knocked on it first, trying to establish if there were people inside, and if there was, anyone who could hear her enter. Even if it was locked, it probably wouldn't be too hard to break into, but that would take precious time.

"You rang?" Rei said, trying to at least talk over the music a little bit more.

@Wen @RedArmyShogun so you know what's happening with Rei
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.