His name is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darius turned once again to Joseph, knowing the young man had a lot of things to deal with, considering how the pub was full that night. "If possible, I'd like to talk with you later. In particular. I need some information about a person... and we can make a deal." He said in low voice, only enough for him to hear.

The traveler noticed the talk between the woman called Clarissa, and Blake, and how it seemed to catch the attention of another man in a table nearby. Soon, the girl walked to that man, waiting for Blake to take his step. He talked loud this time. "I couldn't help, but overheard a little. And if I can say something, is that you're giving up too soon." He grinned to Blake, and stood tall again, with his glass of wine. "Come on! Talk with the others again." he whispered.

"Excuse me, miss, but I noticed you were searching for someone through the pub. Maybe I can help. Finding people is a second job of mine, you could say. My name is Darius Rowen." he introduced himself both to Clarissa and the young man sat on the table, with his book. "I hope I'm not too inconvenient intruding like this."

Blake looked at Darius, "Hail traveler. Know this. Everything I do has a purpose." smiling he raised his glass of whiskey and took a sip.

He looks up at the woman with a smile and turns the book towards her. "the pages are blank" he says with a laugh. "not actually reading anything"

"Nice to meet you. My name is Clarissa." She smiled and looked at the newcomer. "Yeah, I am looking for someone. Zane. Ever heard of him?" She raised an eyebrow.

When she heard the man with the book speak she looked back down. "Then why are you reading it?"

Blake smirked and refilled his glass then stood up and made his way over to where everyone was gathered, "What'd I miss?"

"It's an honor to meet you, miss Clarissa." Darius bowed slightly. "Well, the name Zane doesn't bring me any memory. You see, I'm here just for a few days. Do you mind describing him a little? I'm good at recognizing people."

Darius looked at the blank book and laughed too. "So, it seems someone is reading with his ears. A good move." Despite the good mood, Darius got more attentive with this young man. He probably had his own intentions, too. When Blake approached, he saluted him. "Welcome to this little talk. We're waiting for Ms. Clarissa tell more about this man called Zane."

"Ah yes I forgot to ask about him. Dear Clarissa. Would you be so kind as to enlighten on the subject of this man named Zane?"

"I'm waiting for something to happen." he states, looking at the door. "this is getting rather boring."

"Well, Zane has black hair, blue eyes. He is almost six feet tall. Um..." She put her finger to her lips, trying to think of what else to tell them. "He always dresses in a black tux, blue undershirt." She shrugged. "I haven't seen him in a few days. It might be stupid to even bother looking for him anymore."

It was not hard for Darius to search through his prodigious memory and find what he wanted. "Yes, I've seen this person. Yesterday, just after the sunset, near a plaza not very far from here; he was wearing these exact clothes, a bit crumpled, no tie, looking tired or worried. He talked discretely with another man, older than him, but not yet an elder." Darius had two finger pressed against his right temple, his eyes closed, mind flowing through details. "The other man had grizzly short hair, the skin slightly tanned. He seemed mad. I couldn't hear their words, and didn't care much by the time." He opened his eyes again. "Do you believe your friend could be in problems, Ms. Clarissa?"

"I believe he is being stupid again and shall not be coming for me tonight." She grabbed a glass of wine by a passing waitress and drank it quickly before taking another. "Guess I have no plans then. How long shall this party be? I still need to meet this host."

He turns back a page where there is a large symbol painted in ink. 'where are you?' he thinks.

Darius scratched his chin, where his unshaved beard started to appear. "If you're sure Zane is not in bigger problems, Ms Clarissa..." He looked at the other, sympathetically. "Well, I believe all of us want to talk to Joseph, but he seems a bit busy now. So, we can find something to pass the time. Suggestions? Tell stories? Dance?" He glazed at the book over the table and to it's owner, curious, while waiting for an answer from anyone.

"I agree. Let tell of outlr stories." he took another sip then gestured at Darius, "Would you like to start?"

"Zane can take care of himself. Do tell us your story." She smiled and looked at Darius. She grabbed another wine and held it, without drinking it. She wished that she could find Zane but she couldn't waste her time looking if he simply did not want to be found.

"I don't know if my story is really entertaining... But if this suggestion was mine, and you want a story, I think it's fair to share it."

I come from a country to the East. I lived there with a man who once called 'my father', and an older brother. We used to visit a woman who lived in a big mansion on the countryside, with five maids. She was sick, and never left the bed; the maids took care of everything, including her health. More than once we got there and she was in deep and tormented sleep. But my father was completely passionate, loving that beautiful and fragile woman with his very heart and soul. By the time, I suspected she was our mother. I still don't know.

We had a good life.... and a comfortable home, my brother and I, and we started working on the family's bookshop. We were very close to each other. But what started as mere whim, soon turned to obsession, and finally madness. Strange books started to appear among the others on the shop, always about darkness, ocultism, demonology. While we were never so naïve to ignore what lies among the shadows, it's a different thing when a person close to you seem to hide all sorts of secrets and bad intentions.

It was clear our 'father' was gone. We were on our own.

We started to plan our life far from there, living together on the city, working with what we could. My brother was 20 by the time, and I was 16. He was a skilled artisan, besides an incredible seller. I always had a good memory, and more than once helped researching for academicians; I could easily guard any information needed, and had a lot to talk, considering the books I've read on our store. But the man discovered our plans... and rushed his.

Darius finished his glass of wine, sighing.
"I don't know how familiar you are with these subjects. The dark ones, I mean. While magic is far known in your culture, and some magical creatures are now part of society, I still don't know if everyone is aware of it's depth." He looked to the others, waiting for a reaction. He looked to Blake for a little longer. "Things get worse from here."

"That sounds lovely..." he nodded, "I happen to know a bit about supernatural beings because I am one."

Mikail looks up with a confused look on his face "you too?" he leafs through his book, as if looking for something.

"I am something known as a Blood Fiend." he chuckled and shook his head a little, "A crazy race that can only have six of in the entire universe at any one time."

Status
Not open for further replies.