- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
IC

THE CITY OF HEROES

Hirokye, on Lake Nymph, is among the largest cities in the country. Famed for its bold architecture, it has a skyline punctuated by skyscrapers such as the iconic Hiro Guild Headquarters, 1,451-ft. Sky Point Tower, and the neo-Gothic Ground Zero Tower. The city is also renowned for its museums, including the Art Foundation of Hirokai with its noted Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works. But perhaps what really sets Hirokye apart from every other city is its high Enhanced birthrates and focus on heroes, being the birthplace of the Hero Guild.

What makes Hirokye such an ideal hotspot for the Enhanced, often shortened to En, still boggles the mind of scientists today. What is known is the more powerful the enhancement the more it shows itself and affects the physical appearance of an En. For example, the most extreme case of an En with a fire enhancement appeared to have charred skin and smelled constantly of smoke and burned flesh, though the enhancement didn't seem to affect their health. The flames they could produce reached temperatures as high as 572°F, or 300°C. Some Ens, however, have unique features as their enhancement without any attached abilities. Horns or uniquely colored eyes for example.

SUMMER VACATION!

Schools out! Or about to be anyhow. Whether you're a high school student or a college zombie, you now have the chance to join the Hiro Guild's newest program targeted at young adults wishing to make their own in the hero buisness. The Sidekick Program promises hands on experience and an insiders look into the daily life of a superhero. Sidekicks will also have the opportunity to work alongside big names such as Iron Will, Quantum Mantis, and the queen herself, Remix!

To apply, please submit an application either online or in person at the Hiro's Guild during office hours. You must be at least 16-years-old to apply and have a parent's signature if under the age of 18. Those selected will then be asked to come in for an interview with minors being accompanied by an adult. Just be aware you may be asked to work with other sidekicks in pairs or in groups. Please keep this mind while applying.

Thank you for your interest and we hope to you soon!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

This is aimed at laid back players who grasp the fundamentals of role-playing and common courtesy.

Meant for a small group rather than a large one, players should be able to plot with others, be comfortable with a flexible post length and a give-no-fucks attitude.

The rules on characters are what you normally expect from this kind of roleplay with emphasis on just be reasonable. We're not here for the Superman clones and All Might protégés.

This is, overall, a PG-13 roleplay. Swearing is permitted but dropping fuck every other word is a little much.

Reply as often as you can just don't leave a response sit for weeks.

There is a two character limit.

This is mainly focused on "side kicks" so playing a pro hero as a character isn't advised, but introducing more pro heroes as NPCs or back ground characters is welcomed.

Sheets can be formatted anyway you like but must include the essentials (name, age, enhancement and drawbacks) and no pictures of real people.

If you want to rate your character's attributes like I plan on doing, they must be rated out of 5 with 1-2 being below average, 3 being average, 4 being above average, and 5 being what you're character's enhancement is affecting. BE AWARE: Your character can't be born with a power of 1 and become a 5. For example, Mantis would have been born with the exoskeleton already present along her spine and it kept growing. Your character can still grow into their power, especially have trouble with their powers early on, but they can't jump power levels.

Can you character be mis-identified? Only in their notes/background if you choose to write one. The stats are more of an OOC reference and isn't present in actual canon. So you can note that there were born with a unnatural eye color and say that's as far as everyone considered it would go, but then describe how it got worse over time and rate their power a 4 or 5. If you plan on playing a teenager or someone in their early twenties, their enhancement would still be growing/forming.

Further explaination:

Strength: Character's physical prowess. 1 is "never worked out a day in their life", 2 is "can carry two gallons of milk from the car to the house", 3 is "can do the expected amount of push ups", 4 is "I do this for a living", 5 is "I can pick up a car and suplex motorcycles".

Speed: Character's physical speed. 1 is "I identify as a snail", 2 is "I can run along side a car being driven by a granny", 3 is "I can run to catch the bus but it still may leave me", 4 is "I do this for living", 5 is "I can leave five minutes late to anything and still be on time".

Power: Character's enhancement. 1 is "I got cool red eyes", 2 is "I got bats ears and super keen hearing", 3 is "I can create gusts of wind", 4 is "I can create tornadoes and also partly spectral", 5 is "Bitch, I am the wind".

Precision: Character's ability to be exact and accurate. 1 is "I can stand in front of the broadside of a barn and still miss", 2 is "I can land 2 out of 5 shots", 3 is "3 out of 5 shots is pretty decent", 4 is "I am the dart champion at my local bar", 5 is "I can shoot a bullet out of the sky".

Constitution: Character's pain tolerance. 1 is "I bumped into a table and now need to write my final will and testament", 2 is "I bumped into a table and will proceed to complain for the next hour", 3 is "I bumped into the table and escaped with barely a wince", 4 is "Table? What table?", 5 is "I have no idea when I was shot but apparently I've been shot".

Last edited:
ROSTER OF HEROES

APPLICATION

Just the raw code to the application I use. Feel free go to add, subtract, multiply and rearrange to your heart's content (as long as your format is readable on mobile that is).

[SIZE=5]CHARACTER'S NAME[/SIZE]
[Hr][/hr][div=float: left; padding-left: 7px; display: block; border-top: 1px;][IMG]IMG LINK[/IMG][/div][div=text-align: justify; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; font-size: 0.8em; padding: 5px; height: 300px; overflow: auto;][B]Pseudonym[/B]: Character's hero name.

[B]Age[/B]: Character's age.

[B]Gender or Pronouns[/B]: Male or He/Him/His

[B]Occupation[/B]: Employed? Student? List it here.

[B]Enhancement[/B]: Your character's power or ability.

[B]Drawbacks[/B]: Weaknesses in your character's enhancement or general inconveniences your character's enhancement causes them.

[B]Notes[/B]:
• Any notes on the character from the outline of their backstory to personality quirks, to their favorite number.

[U]STATS[/U]
[B]Strength[/B]
□□□□□
[B]Speed[/B]
□□□□□
[B]Power[/B]
□□□□□
[B]Precision[/B]
□□□□□
[B]Constitution[/B]
□□□□□[/div]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
IRON WILL

20180411_175922.jpg.jpg
Pseudonym: Iron Will

Pronouns: They/Them

Enhancement: Metalic-like skin that acts as natural armor. Resistant to bullets and various heavy artillery. Can withstand heat of at least 572°F (300°C) and is presumed to have a melting point of 2,800°F (1538°C), the melting point of iron. Despite having no face, Iron Will can still eat and breath through absorbing substances through their skin.

Drawbacks
: They have no face and cannot communicate verbally. Injuries appear in the form of nicks and dents that can still cause discomfort and pain. Despite being more resilient, Iron Will still seems to have the morality of an average human. Like any other metal their skin absorbs heat; it's advisable to avoid skin-on-skin contact on particularly hot days.

Notes:
• They mostly consume metals, their favorite being stainless steel; however, they're commonly found snacking on rocks.

• They communicate through hand signals, sign language, and text.

• They seem to need rest but it's hard to tell if they actually sleep.

• Legally changed their name to their pseudonym.

• Their fan mail is usually from young Ens and humans alike who also identify as non-binary, asking for advice.

• Used to struggle with having a fairly masculine body but now feels more comfortable in their skin.

• Their partners tend to draw faces where is face would otherwise be.

STATS
Strength
■■■■□
Speed
■■■■□
Power
■■■■■
Precision
■■■□□
Constitution
■■■■□

KADISON LANE

Pseudonym: Quantum Mantis

Pronouns: She/Her

Enhancement: Not just looking more mantis than human, Quantum Mantis also possesses the speed and agility of one as well. Her four front arms can make evading her attacks almost impossible, and if that weren't enough she has stereo vision and tracks her prey by movement. Oddly enough, she has both a human skeleton and an exoskeleton.

Drawbacks
:
While her natural camouflage may serve her in a more natural environment it does little to hide her in a concrete jungle. She's somewhat nearsighted and often rocks from side to side to help her discern objects from the background. While she does have wings, she can only fly short distances. Her exoskeleton is decently bullet resistant but not without damage. She can survive most fatal blows, but to repair her exoskeleton she has to under go a molting process that leaves her vulnerable afterwards.

Notes
:
• She has Myrmecophobia, otherwise known as the fear of ants.

• People used to say she looked like she was made in a lab, which inspired her pseudonym. Plus Quantum Mantis just sounds cool.

• Standing a whopping 5'4, she's the shortest of her partners.

• She gets a variety of fan mail but mostly from bug enthusiasts that can either be harmlessly curious or just plain creepy. She also gets mail from other Ens and humans alike that struggle with being bullied for their appearances.

STATS
Strength
■■■□□
Speed
■■■■■
Power
■■■■■
Precision
■■■■□
Constitution
■■■■□

DAHLIA BROOKER

Pseudonym: Remix

Pronouns: She/Her

Enhancement: She can take any noise she hears and amplify it through the speakers in her skin along her arms and legs. She keeps music on her for such an occasion.

Drawbacks: Not recommended for stealth missions unless a diversion is needed. Her hearing has also been worsening over the years. Additionally, blowing out her speakers is a real possibility.

Notes:
• When not on the job she wears discrete hearing aids.

• Her fashion choices tend to be loud, bold, and in floral prints.

• Nicknamed the Queen of Hirokye, her human appearance seems to have made the more popular of her the trio.

• She's well versed in hand-to-hand combat and knows how to handle most fire arms, making her the most versatile of the trio.

• She's often the one talking when large groups of people are concerned not because the other two are shy but because she loves the attention.

• She knows about the fan art, you perverts.

• She gets all sorts of fan mail but rarely has time to read it all. When she does, she loves receiving letters from other Ens and people she has inspired in some way or another.

STATS
Strength
■■■□□
Speed
■■■■□
Power
■■■■□
Precision
■■■■□
Constitution
■■■■□

Last edited:
Hale Vincent

6417a0fc01012cdae9b7df0bdc762d46_1.png
Pseudonym: ParCore

Pronouns: He/Him/His

Enhancement: Hale has the ability to rapidly respond or change by adapting its initial stable configuration. In short, he has enhanced agility that allows him to do things like parkour with little practice or prior experience. It heightens his sense of balance, flexibility, and reflexes with very little consequences no matter how sudden the change or activity.

Drawbacks
: While he can dodge most projectiles, projectiles shot off in quick recession or multiple projectiles in general are difficult for him to avoid. His enhancement doesn't actually affect his speed and he can't run faster than his body will allow. Furthermore, his muscles might be resilient to strain without proper stretching but he can still be injured by unforseen environmental hazards.

Notes:
• He was the worst at school but didn't realize how bad his grades were until the principal showed up at his house. They talked and it was decided his GPA was too low to salvage and ended up being moved to an ARK program where the classes were shorter, there was no homework, and tests were his primary worry.

• Instead of a high school diploma he got his GED.

• He relates a lot to Blogr posts concerning Autism but has never actually been diagnosed and will never claim to be on the Autistic Spectrum.

• Tends to reblog stim videos and anything else he finds visually satisfying.

• Most of his blog is mostly just shit posts and memes though.

• Some drink facts and witchery too.

• Chews on straws and toothpicks. Sometimes can be caught chewing on his necklace.

• He has a fidget toy and keeps in the pocket of his civilian clothes.

• His favorite pair of boots are weighted.

• He will info dump on various drinks and how to prepare them.

• His mother is a tea witch and she's the one who sparked his interest in making drinks.

• He loves his job but he could use better pay.

• Barista by day, hero by night just sounds like fun.

• Most people thinks he's purposely trying to be annoying when he fidgets and he does little to debunk these accusations.

• "What the shit faced balls?"

• He struggles with recognising faces sometimes but not sure if actually has face agnosia.

• Will sometimes shut down and ignore people if he's overwhelmed, flipping up his hood and popping in his ear buds. Often times he'll refuses to talk to people and "arrogantly" blows them off.

• He loves running and jumping and climbing.

• A reincarnated monkey basically.

• He also doesn’t take too well to change. This also applies to a sudden change in plans.

• He loves the feeling of his hair and runs his hands through it a lot.

• Fuck passive-aggressiveness; say what you mean!

STATS
Strength
■■■□□
Speed
■■■■□
Power
■■■□□
Precision
■■■□□
Constitution
■■■□□

Last edited:
  • Love
Ophanim Hayyoth

Alias: GA [Guardian Angel]

Enhancement: Born with wings and the sky in mind Ophanim was born to soar through the air. This is where most of his use comes from. With his lightweight constitution and wings his powers are found within speed, stealth and agility. Despite his personality he also has a soothing aura like that of an angel, able to calm people down just by appearance which is great crowd control when panic rises.

Drawbacks: Is definitely not meant for any sort of brute force or any sort of muscle work. In order to keep up his light form he can't afford to have too many muscles as muscles are heavy. He also has to maintain his weight constantly. His soothing presence is funest for his fragile nerves. Maintaining his calm and trying to ease the crowd takes a heavy toll on his mentality, especially if he is having a bad day himself.

Notes:
• Is marketed mostly by appearance. The idea of an angel as a hero is unsurprisingly very popular with the people.

• A very sarcastic fellow. Most wouldn't say it when thinking of Guardian Angel, but most that escapes Ophanim's mouth is questionable irony.

• Extreme insomaniac. Ophanim honestly can't recall the last night he actually slept well.

• Anxious and neurotic. Worsened by his insomnia Ophanim is known to be an incredibly anxious person at heart with fragile stress levels and a disabling OCD for perfectionism and cleanliness.

• Excellent pokerface. Which is a good thing seeing his crowd controlling abilities and fragile nerves.

• Is surprisingly not religious despite the whole angel theme he has going on.

• Actually really hates to be called an angel or anything related to it. Why he chose the alias, however...

• A COFFEE ADDICT. Should be written in capital letters, because this dude lives on coffee. No one who can tell him that the caffeine might actually play parts in his insomniac ways.

• A tinkerer and a clock collector. Ophanim has an obsession with time and collecting timekeepers.

• Very lanky and lithe in built, which is needed to keep him in the air when flying.

• Grew up within a religious cult, luckily his parents gained their senses and fled when Ophanim was eight. It still has an impact on his life, however.

Stats:
Strength ■■□□□
Speed ■■■■□
Power ■■■■□
Precision ■■■□□
Constitution ■■■□□

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Sara Nyu

cMNFSQs.jpg
Pseudonym: Overcast

Enhancement: A small cloud hangs perpetually over her head, changing color depending on her mood (cloud-white at her best, a dark, dreary grey at her worst). Overcast is able to expand the cloud by treating it like hair, running a comb through it or directing a blow-dryer at it. The cloud is then able to release natural elements like rain, snow, hail or diminished versions of lightning.

Drawbacks: The cloud expands at a slow-rate, and there are days when the cloud is particularly difficult to manage (like a bad hair day). Generated hail/lightning are lesser versions of their realistic counterpart, with hail acting similarly to pellet guns, and lightning to a stun gun. Depending on what elements are released, the cloud begins to shrink at differing rates (faster when releasing hail/lightning, slower for things like rain).

Notes:
• An alternative picture that displays her bespectacled face: Here. Credit for the first picture goes to this talented dude.

• Horrifically sad all the time, and for no particular, specific reason - the various “cloud hanging over her head” puns only exacerbate it. Signed up primarily to meet new people.

• Grew up a shut-in in a family full of members who dipped in and out of depressive phases; over time, she simply fell victim to her environment.

• Talks. Slowly. Kind. Of. Like. This.

• Invariably, only sets aside enough time to manage either her cloud, or manage her hair. Only one! Both is too troublesome! Somehow, someway, by the grace of capricious (read: lazy) whimsy or the magic of bed-hair, Sara’s hairstyle is almost constantly different day to day.

• Goes to school for Computer Science. Holds a part-time job at a game rental store. Wonders why it’s still in business.

• Deliberate to a fault; carries around a stack of post-it/sticky notes and a bundle of pens with which to list the pros and cons of any given scenario and decision.

• Carries towels, shampoo and conditioner on hand in case she ever needs an impromptu rain-shower.

STATS
Strength
■■□□□
Speed
■■□□□
Power
■■■□□
Precision
■■■■□
Constitution
■■■□□

Leonora Sessou

image.jpg
Pseudonym: Chimera

Enhancement: Leonora can imitate the ability of any animal she sees or has seen. She can accomplish a number of things depending on the animal. For example, she can gain a cheetah’s speed or an Axolotl‘s ability to regenerate.

Drawbacks: Leonora also gains some behavioral traits from the animals. For example she can become more territorial like a lion or she can feel the urge to flee from an enemy like a deer or rabbit. She can only use one trait at a time.

Notes:
• Worked as a Mail Room Attendant on campus.

• She is originally from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania but she was able to get an international scholarship. Her family
is back home in Dar es Salaam.

• Attends college in order to become a Zoologist.

• Leonora has a severe peanut allergy. If she touches anything containing it she’ll break out in hives.

• She can be uptight and a perfectionist; things are better then they go her way, has a certain way of organizing things, a neat freak.

STATS
Strength
■■■■□
Speed
■■■■□
Power
■■■□□
Precision
■■■■□
Constitution
■■■□□

Last edited:
Nikandros Volkov

Pseudonym: Howl

Enhancement: Rapid Cellular Regeneration. Nik's enhancement allows him to regenerate cells in his body faster than normal. This enables him to heal minor wounds, such as cuts, bruises and light burns, faster. Reproducing blood cells can also be hastened thus allowing him to be able to recover from minor blood loss.

Drawbacks: Although he can regenerate cells, there are still limitations to the extent he can heal. For one, he is unable to reattach or regrow a dismembered limb or organ. He also can't heal damage to the nervous system. Lastly, Nik is unable to heal fatally damaged cells such as in the case of a severe burn.

It should also be noted that while the cell regeneration process is faster, it is not instantaneous. The time it takes to heal a wound is proportional to the amount of cells need to be regenerated--the bigger the damage, the longer it will take to heal. He is unable to heal multiple wounds at once and thus prioritises the wounds that are most severe which he is capable of healing.

Notes:
• His birth mother died when he was eight. After her death, Nik was taken in by his father to live with him.

• Despite being the bastard son, his father cared for him. Nik sees him as a loving man who he loves and respects.

• He hates his stepmother who makes his life at home a living hell whenever his father wasn't around.

• Nik is a loud aggressive person with a tendency to get himself into troublesome situations.

• He isn't afraid of confrontation and will call out someone's bullshit when he sees it.

• Has a horrible temper and is quite impulsive. More often than not, he lets his emotions dictate his actions.

• Is fiercely loyal to those he cares for and would go through hell and back for them if need be.

• He is the type of person who easily gets bored. Nik constantly wants to be doing something fun and exciting.

• Loves dogs; is afraid of bunnies. He swears that all bunnies are evil and are slowly working to one day take over the world.

• Has a pet corgi named Helios.

• His dominant hand is his left.

• Nik loves to eat meat. When it comes to his steak, his preference is medium raw.

• A fan of graffiti art; he dabbles in it every now and then.

• He dyes his hair grey for no particular reason other than he wants to.

STATS
Strength
■■■■□
Speed
■■■□□
Power
■■■□□
Precision
■■■□□
Constitution
■■■□□

*Flails* I TOTALLY forgot I promised a reply. I ended up cleaning all day instead OOPS. I'll try to get a reply up tomorrow

• Haha
Finally replied /o/

Also should I set up some discord channel or just keep using this thread?

I'm more talkative in discord just cause it's real-time but, this ooc should also work fine

You know that I’m more talkactive over Discord as well. But it is entirely up to you.

I'm more partial to Discord myself but I also don't want people feeling left out either since not everyone uses it.

My vote goes to discord as well, but I’m also alright with just using the thread as the ooc if anyone doesn’t have discord :)

@Nemopedia Hey Leo doesn’t turn into animals, only gains their traits. I should have put that when using their trait the sound of the animal will be heard XD my fault

• Thank You
Still accepting?

Ditto ^^
This sounds extremely interesting!

@Nemopedia @Shizuochan @Arayvian @darkflames13 @OnI6470 @Cosmic Penguin

Sorry to do this to you guys but I've been too busy lately too keep up with this ;^; So sadly I'm closing this rp down. If someone wants to reboot it, they can o/ It was fun seeing the characters created for this though and I wished I could have seen them interact ♡