HiPer: High Powered Persons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron cautiously reached up and took Barons hand, still worried that he was upset.

"Hmmmmm, I might be able to think of something. What's your name kid?" He said.

Aaron crossed one arm and kept the other to his side as he stood. He was about to speak before Baron continued.

"I'm Aaron" He said.

"My names Aaron too." Aaron replied, shocked a bit. I guess there is only so many names.

"I did just enter this city today, currently without a place to sleep. Though not really sure how you could help me with that."

Aaron was hesitant as he replied, worried about letting someone just walk into his home. Someone he had just recently met, and who had a rather criminal feel about him.

"You could...stay at my place for a while." Aaron completely refrained from looking the other in the eyes, instead looking down to the pavement. "I live with my uncle, but he's a nice guy. I'm sure he wouldn't mind." Aaron spoke softly, hoping to make the offer sound as unappealing as possible somehow, with his voice alone.

"We'll have to take the bus, if you have change. Or I could pay for you." Aaron said, motioning to the bus stop with his head and shoulder.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris gave a little wave to Maevah, watching with raised eyebrow as the girl followed Grandpa over closer to the stage. Faris just chuckled and shook her head, tapping the guy she'd found on the chest. "Alright, I live just a few blocks over. That's not too bad right?" she grinned. The guy looked back at her and chuckled, shifting her a little. "Alright, point the way," he said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The two continued on when they heard someone call out. The guy turned his body, Faris looking over as well as a drunk college dude teased them. Faris, always one to be easily embarrassed, flushed red and patted the guy's shoulder. Instinctively he let her down, turning his attention towards her. "Don't let that idiot bother you," he mumbled, obviously eager to get her back to her place before she changed her mind. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't be jealous just because you wish I was riding you," Faris quipped back at the staggering guy, hands on her hips.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How do you know what I wish?" Randolph asked the girl before him, lurching closer to her. He found it a bit difficult to walk in his state, but incredibly managed to do so. His eyes squinted in interest, taking a better look at Faris. Randolph's head was staggered a bit to the side and his walk was very ordinary. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His eyes then turned to the guy behind her - the jackass. "Is that your man?" he asked, seemingly very curious of who she was and what she was up to. Her comment had intrigued him in this drunken state. Her features were very pleasant too, attractive. Without even knowing her name yet, Randolph was completely focused on her. She reminded him of a shield maiden, a fighter yet delicate woman. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris raised an eyebrow at the guy, thinking he spoke a little weird but wasn't bad looking. Too bad he was trashed, at least in her opinion. She looked back at the guy she'd picked out from the crowd and then back to the blue eyed guy studying her, rolling her eyes a little.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No, he's not my man. He's my ride home," she smirked, only one hand left on her hip, jutting out to the side.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A proposition then?" Randolph continued as he finally came forward and stood right before the girl. "Grant me the honor to take you home and I shall repay you in some way" he said, giving her a deceitful smile. "Or would you rather remain in the company of……...your stallion over there?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris was caught off guard by the guy and wasn't quite sure how to take him. She looked from the tattooed guy back to the one asking to take her home and figured if she let him take her home, she wouldn't have to keep the promise she whispered to the guy earlier. Not to mention, she was a little afraid of this guy getting himself home. He looked like he would just fall onto the street and get run over.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Fine," she said, still looking unsure, but curious enough to find out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Drunkenly overjoyed by her decision to join him, Randolph smiled widely and looked over at the other gentleman. "It would seem I shall be taking……….." he started, speaking loud enough for the tattooed guy to hear. But without knowing her name, he couldn't finish his sentence. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So he turned his attention back to the girl, crouched down a little to be face to face so he could ask the question. "What is your name?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Faris," she answered in an almost annoyed tone of voice, though not looking like she was bothered by any of this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It would seem I shall be taking [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Faris[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] home young squire" he repeated himself, adding a playful english accent near the end of his sentence. He was acting a fool and didn't even know it. The power of alcohol. "So, shall we be on our way then" he stated, extending his arm out so she could interlock her own. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then his eyes squinted as though to realize something. "Wait, are you not the same girl that started those fights at the party?" he questioned, not really thinking it'd be bothersome. His brain cells were asleep right now. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The tattooed guy rolled his eyes and pouted a bit, annoyed but yet not having gone far from the party, so he just seemed to be heading back towards it. Faris reached out for the guy's arm, about to ask his name, when he suddenly seemed to recognize her somehow from the party.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Um, I hit an idiot who spilled a drink on me. If you want to call that a fight?" she scoffed, thinking it a mere circumstance.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Randolph did not respond to her answer, instead allowed his arm to be taken and began walking down the road in the same direction they were initially headed. Still in his state, the guy walked with a staggered step, his knees rattling a bit. But still, he couldn't stop talking, so continued to fill the silent night with his stupid and meaningless questions. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Do you attend UMet? Or were you just here for the party? I've never seen you around" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris cleared her throat, smirking a bit and helping to steady the guy as they walked. She had a feeling she would be lending the dude the couch if he could even make it to the house she shared with the other girls before he passed out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Just for the party. Some of my roommates attend though. What about you though, Stumbles? Got a major?" she asked back, having no idea if he would even respond since he seemed insistent on asking the questions.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No……..I'm a pirate sailing westward" he joked, the funnies only building up inside him. The joke was rather stupid, but it made Randolph giggle. "I was lost at sea, but it seems you've rescued me" he laughed again, stupid jokes and pick up lines pouring from his mouth. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh my," Faris chuckled, patting his arm, amused. "Someone likes attention," she mumbled, mostly to herself, before pulling him towards her front door. "Come on, I live here, Stumbles."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oooh, fancy," Randolph would say right before his eyes became heavy with sleep. He could hardly leave them open enough to enter Faris' home.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At this point, she was the one basically [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]walking [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]him home since his legs no longer functioned correctly. That's the pain that comes with terrible alcohol tolerance, very opposite to anyone in his family.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Do I slumber here?" he managed to ask as he pointed at the couch. The question was pointless since Randolph just let himself drop upon the leather. As he landed his eyes shut immediately, but he mumbled to himself as he tried to take off his shoes with only his feet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris just shut the door behind them, watching with crossed arms as the idiot flopped down. "Night!" she called out, satisfied that the dude wasn't going to get up and go out into traffic or anything. She headed downstairs into the basement where her room was, slipping out of her bra and shoes before curling up in bed.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Destiny looked at her as she spoke. She finally felt loved and cared for after some many years of living by herself. Sure, she had friends but never like that.. never like this even in her wildest dreams did she ever see herself breaking down and crying as hard as she did with somsone who she knew only well enough to call her a friend. Well, tonight had changed that all as she connected with Harmony is a way that she never did before. To her, that girl meant more than she ever would let anyone know. She actually had somsone to call a friend and not just a known person.

"Yeah... breakfast sounds good tomorrow.. If I am am not up then come and throw my out of my bed.. I sleep like a rock." she said and pulled a spare key off the counter that her now rather Ex-Roomate left as she never ever used it. It was rather nice being alone at times but when things really began to get bad she knew she needed someone to talk to more than anything else. Well, she now had that and Destiny was only next door. She planned on taking advantage of having a friend so close. Destiny was her first true friend in America and she felt warm over it.

Destiny gave Harmony the key before she programmed her phone with her number and left. Rising out of the stool she took a deep breath and wiped the rest of the tears from her eyes having finally stopped crying. She went into the shower before collasing into her bed half an hour later. It wouldn't be long untill she would need to be up again but any sleep was better than none what so ever. She slept like a rock that night after tiring herself with her crying and rough night emotionally. Considering that she also worked out in the morning made her into a ever worse case.

Baron nodded his head showing he was listening while Aaron spoke. Upon hearing something about a bus fare Baron begins searching his pockets. Luckily he had change on him. "No shit? Your names Aaron as well? What a small world we live in." A faint smile enters Baron's expression. "That's pretty kind of you man, I'd much rather that over some shitty motel." Taking a step to the side, standing more beside Aaron now, Baron speaks again. "Don't fret the bus fare dude. What kind of guy would I be if I crashed at your pad and made you pay for the bus fare? Hell i'll even pay for yours if you need." Baron was waiting for Aaron to lead the way, since he knew very little of the town he was currently in.

"That's pretty kind of you man, I'd much rather that over some shitty motel."

"It's no problem." Aaron replied.

Aaron awkwardly smirked when Baron produced his bus fare, but rejected his offer of taking Aarons. Aaron motioned to the bus stop again and walked towards it with Baron.

Aaron didn't bother sitting on the bench provided there, and instead stood to the side of it.

"So your new here? Did you come for U-Met?" Aaron asked as they waited for the bus to arrive, curious as to Barons supposedly lonely arrival in the city. Aaron continued to refrain from looking in Barons eyes as they spoke.

It took only a few minutes for the bus to arrive, on which the two boarded headed for Aarons home.

The bus stop was still several blocks away from Aarons home, but it didn't take long for them to arrive. Aaron opened the door and let Baron inside after him. The television could be heard in the adjacent room, and Roberts coarse laughter following.

"Uncle Rob! I'm back, and I brought a friend." Aaron called into the other room. The television was muted and the creak of Roberts chair followed as he undoubtedly stood up.

"Ha ha, let me give him a warm welcome then." Rob said as he waddled into the room a wide smile across his face. "Eh, welcome. I'm sure Aaron forgot to mention me, I'm Robert. And you are." Robert held out his hand to greet him. "So you staying for the night?" Robert asked as they shook hands.

"Actually, I was hoping he could maybe possibly just stay for a while longer." Aaron put his index fingers together.

"Yeah, why not." Robert let out a hardy chuckle. "I got nice cardboard box for you." Robert laughed again at his own joke. Aaron felt rather ashamed by his uncles antics. "Nah, I'm just kidding you. There's a spare bedroom just across hall." Robert pointed down to door on the right.

Aaron wished Baron a good night before running up the stairs and into his room. He took off his shoes, socks, sweater and breast wrap, something he used in high school, which didn't really need now, but sometimes he felt better having on to cover what was left.

Aaron jumped in bed, his anxiety induced insomnia gave him time to think of the many things that had happened that day, and how currently someone he barely knew was sleeping in his home. An hour or two later however and Aaron fell asleep.

Reactions: ch0sen1
Maevah, in response to Faris grinned and looked over to the girl dancing, raising an eyebrow with an expression of distaste, hoping that answered Faris' question enough. She shook her head and then watched as Faris approached a man, whispering in his ear a few moments before climbing up easily onto his back, smirking. "Well, it really wouldn't be my first choice of dance as it's rather distasteful in my opinion," Maevah decided to add in after all. "Sorry girl, looks like we both have something to attend to now..." she chuckled and winked at Faris.

Turning her attention back to Gabriel, her light eyes sparkled in the starlight, people screaming and singing along with the boy on stage. She didn't care much for live music like this, especially where a bunch of drunk kids were concerned, but she shrugged and said, "Sure, maybe I can stay a little while, my dance rehearsal was cancelled anyway." She realized she was shouting by now, and her cheeks were flushed from the body heat of everyone around them. She followed and stood near the back with Gabriel, barely able to see, which was fine with her. She could hear, she didn't really need to see what was going on. She was sure it was just a bunch of girls making fools of themselves anyway, or making out with random people. She smirked slightly at that, and bumped her hip gracefully into Gabriel's, looking up at him gently. She loved to dance, and could probably dance a thousand times better than the other girls here, but she was a professional, and so she wasn't used to just dancing to let loose.

Maevah took a look around then, her eyes coming to rest on the sky above. Silently, an Owl flew by. She wondered why any animals would want to be out in this horrendously loud area in the first place, but shrugged inwardly while the Owl continued on, though was growing slowly closer to the ground. She looked back down, hoping Gabriel had noticed she had hip bumped him. When she noticed he didn't respond right away, she flicked her eyes back up, and suddenly the owl was right there, gliding so close that one of the wings brushed her shoulder. She stumbled back, gasping by the suddenness. And then she felt dizzy, her pale complexion taking on a hint of green as it nauseated her. She normally didn't feel ill from being startled or dizzy. Her vision changed slightly, and everything was pinpoint accurate. It was bright, and she squinted so as not to be nearly blinded by it. She stumbled again, shaking her head to try and focus. She gazed up again quickly, wondering if the Owl was still there, and before it flew too far away, she saw it look at her and then continue, landing in a tree about 20 feet away from her.

She looked back at Gabriel, and everything was extremely detailed about him. She wondered why she didn't notice before, and wondered also why no one else noticed how bright it had gotten. It was weird, and she was feeling uneasy.
"Great!" Gabriel smiled at her. This was going much better than he'd hoped. She bumped up against him at that moment, smiling at him. A dancer would be well-coordinated, and she hadn't looked drunk... Did she want him to move closer? Maybe it was just the happy buzz of alcohol in his brain talking, but what the hell, he'd be optimistic for once. He stepped closer, about to put his arm around her shoulder.

"I think there's still enough time to make it to a good spot..."

An owl flew by, brushing up against Maevah briefly before flying on. She looked dazed suddenly; was it a trick of the light or did she look a little green? Gabriel frowned.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked. She hadn't been drinking earlier, had she? Even then, he'd never heard of a delayed buzz. What was going on?

UMetID.jpg

--

Light.

I open my eyes to illustrious light emanating in my eyes. I squint as I turn over in my bed to see the sun up arising as the azure blue sky begins to become lighter and lighter upon the neon orange horizon. My phone alarm goes off and I pick it and groggily watch as the time shows me a very unsatisfying phase of the morning. This was bull. I press end alarm and I kick the covers off of my legs, the cool and mellow air creeping on my lower body. I give a deep exhale and sit up with my ruffled mane covering the most of my face. I give an annoyed blow to my hair clearing up some of my vision. The room was still relatively dark, but enough light from outside to see. I looked on the counter to the spare key Destiny gave me, smiling a little bit. Other than Ezra, I had no female best friends. They were all either threatened by me of considered me "high-maintenance". No one ever really took the time to know me, but Ezra was like the yin to my yang...or should I say yang to my yin. Already college was looking up, making friends, getting out, this was going to be wonderful.

Except for this damn getting up early.

I dwell in my doorway to see Kendra still passed out on the couch. I mull over to her and tug on her jean shorts by the belt loop.
"Get Up Kendra, we have to go."
Kendra: "No...I don't enneh geddup..."
"Haha what?? Come on, wakey wakey fool."

She twists on the couch a bit and slops out spread fully on the sofa. I open up one of the bottled waters I placed on the table and I pour it right in the middle of her jean shorts to make it look and feel like she went #1 on herself. A smirk strikes my face as she jumps up and looks at her groin, and then to me.

Kendra: "HA ha....very funny..."

I turn on the living room light and head back into my room to select my clothes and take a shower. I run the hot and steamy shower as I plug in my hot comb as well. I strip down and briefly look at myself in the mirror. My toned abs and mildly chisled biceps with things perky in the right places. I begin my goofy crusade once more as I begin to talk like the terminator and flex my muscles as hard as I can.

"Asta La Vista, Beybeh...I'll be back..."

I take a nice and refreshing shower that woke me up a great deal as I applied my favorite Aloe and Irish scented soap and rinsed off. The smell always reminded me of a simpler time, before we were burdened with school work and all this other mess. I step out and dry myself off and head back out into my room where I could hear Kendra's shower running across the den. I sit on the bed and spot my favorite brand of baby lotion and apply it to my smooth and soft skin. I could not stand to have dry skin. Afterwards I open my wardrobe to the vast collection of fashion I had before me. I knew all the trends and styles, and the first day suggested that I had to look the part. I found the perfect outfit to start the first day off, my Hello Kitty bundle. I put on my underwear and then my tight fits jeans and then the shirt. I hold off on the accessories until after I dry and fix my hair to be straight as a ray. I then put on my jordans and the bowtie into my hair. I equip the necklace and the ring finally before throwing on the glasses, deciding against the hat. I grabbed some red lipstick and placed it in my bookbag for later on after workouts. I throw my backpack on the couch as I wait on Kendra and I scoot over to the next door and use the key to unlock Destiny's suite. She left her room door open, so I walk in and shake her.

"Heyya Blitz...come on you gotsta get up and get ready for the day chica!! We're going to get breakfast before we have to workout." Come over to my suite when you're done."

As Destiny slowly wakes up I head back to my suite and turn off all the lights in my room. I close and lock my door and wait in the den for Kendra and Destiny both to come and be ready. Kendra exits her room with some denim jeans, orange converses, and a UMet Lions tank top on. Simple but sweet. She sits beside me and says nothing, rubbing her temples and downing the bottled water I set out for her.

"How'd you sleep?"
Kendra: [groans]

I chuckle and I rub her head as Destiny eventually gets ready and enters my suite. I stand up and grab my backpack as Kendra gets hers from her room and locks her doors.

"Des this is Kendra my roommate and cross country runner, she's a bit hungover right now hehe..."
Kendra: "Hai..."
"So how'd you sleep Destiny?"

We begin to walk and talk as I lock the suite door and we trek onwards towards the cafeteria. We walk outside of McCloud dorm hall to the pale blue sky that lights up in beautiful Omni City. The scenery was something you'd see on a country music video, it was serene. The cool and humid wind whispers across our skins as we sift through campus towards the source of our energy for today.
UMet.jpg

Kendra: "I wish Channing Tatum were here to comfort me...you guys have probably heard of him, he's my man."
"Haha! Uhh...no I'm pretty sure he's mine...actually, nah you can have him...I want Stephen Amell. Hey Destiny who's your mancrush?"

We arrive to the cafeteria within minutes as the vicinity is still relatively empty with a few groggy students pouring in. We set our backpacks down and move to the open buffet style line. I fix myself some waffles, eggs, bacon, and browns and 3 cups of orange juice and sit at our booth waiting on the other three. I bless my food and I start to eat away at the deliciousness in front of me. I kidnap the strawberry syrup and drench it over my waffles. K&D finally arrive to the table and join me as well.

"So...what classes you guys got?"

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
The next morning, Faris woke up, climbing out of her day bed and rubbing her eyes while sitting on the edge of it. She had a much bigger bed at her mother's, but her room in this place was about the size of it. So she'd moved in the bare necessities when she'd arrived. A bed the size of a twin, a stand up tanning bed, one dresser and another rack of clothes, lots of organization space saver things. Most of the items were black or grey or white, not because Faris was overly fond of the shades, but because then everything went together easily.

She rummaged around for something to wear besides the dress she slept in, sliding on a pair of jeans and a black bra, yanking a sort of see through black slouchy sweater from her closet and throwing it on over the top. She did manage to grab a brush and run it through her hair a few times before leaving the basement room and climbing up the narrow steps to go upstairs to the ground floor, and arriving in the kitchen. Once there, she fixed herself a bowl of frosted flakes, finishing off the milk, and hiding the jug. Just so she could smirk every time someone asked if the milk was gone.

Faris leaned against the kitchen counter eating, the clink of the metallic spoon repeatedly hitting the bowl, while thinking to herself before remembering Stumbles. She slid her barefeet across the kitchen to look out into the living room, seeing him still passed out, sunlight laying on his back from the window. Walking over to him, still chewing her food, Faris lifted her foot and poked his shoulder with her big toe.

"Hey… hey buddy," she said, voice a little muffled til she swallowed.

Up until this point, Randolph had managed to sleep rather well. But as her toe suddenly came in contact with his shoulder, he jumped in place and quickly turned his head towards Faris. With eyes still closed, he ran his hand down his face as though getting rid of all of yesterday. "Where am I?" he asked, knowing he wasn't at home because the bedding was off.

He turned around on the couch and put his forearm to his forehead, covering his face from the sun that shone through the gaps in the drapes. Randolph sniffed a little as he used his elbows to sit himself up, the blanket he somehow got falling onto the floor.

After composing himself a little, he managed to get his eyes slightly opened. He squinted very roughly as though it were the first time he'd ever seen sunlight. He covered his face again, but turned to the nudging tud that woke him up. His eyes immediately met some rather…….fit legs. The sight made him finally wake up. Then as he ran them upward, he ran into a familiar face. "Faris!" he seemed to remember her name. How? He had no idea. But it happened. "Good morning" he said with a smile, starting to remember everything from last night. Well…..Not everything, just some details.

Faris set her foot down as the dude stirred, finishing off her bowl of cereal and holding the bowl in one hand, other hand on her hip. She started to answer where he was when he suddenly exclaimed her name, making her hesitate, looking at him in surprise, smiling back with a small chuckle at his greeting.

"Morning," she said, still smiling, looking the guy over, and honestly surprised he remembered her. "You're just two blocks from campus," she shrugged, not knowing if he had classes he wanted to get to or what. It wasn't like she learned to much about him before he passed out on the couch. She turned around then and went back towards the kitchen, easily seen from the living room and put her bowl in the sink. "Oh! By the way…" she said, just remembering as she moved back into the doorway, leaning on it while looking at the guy again. "What's your real name, Stumbles?"

When Faris brought up 'campus', Randolph started looking around himself for his phone. He dug his hands into each of his pockets, but nothing. He couldn't even remember if he had it during the party last night or if he left it at home or his friend's car. "Ugh" he grunted to himself, once again running his hand through his face as he stepped off the couch, but remained seated.

He looked around for a clock, but couldn't see one hanging. But another sight caught his attention - which at the moment might have not been appropriate, but Randolph deemed it satisfying. He stared at Faris as she walked away, watching her hips jerk side to side and her bums jump a little. He smiled then looked away before she caught him staring.
With a small giggle he stood up as she circled around him and headed towards the doorway. He started to move towards the kitchen where she had been as though the house was his own. "Stumbles?" he asked, one detail he didn't remember from the night before - her little nickname amusing him a bit. "I'm Randolph Halstead" he answer, giving her both his first and last name. Then he turned around and opened her fridge, bending down to look in its entirety. "What, no milk?" he asked.

Faris watched as the guy got up, looking him up and down, even as he bent over to look in the fridge, giving a slight shrug and pulling of her lips as if to say 'not bad'. "Randolph? I think I prefer Stumbles," she smirked, arms crossed and holding in a laugh when he asked about the milk. "Nah, fresh out. Feel free to go buy us some though," she smiled. Despite being rich and having everything she could ever need, she seemed to always be unable to keep herself from trying to manipulate people, usually just to see what she could get them to do.

Randolph smiled as she called him Stumbles yet again, kind of gave them a connection - or not. Anyhow, he closed the fridge back up and turned towards her. "I guess I owe you that much for letting me stay don't I?" he questioned, obviously needed to repay her for her hospitality. "Do you have the time?" he shot out of nowhere, starting to get rather weary about being late to school. Like said before, Randolph was the bookworm and would hardly ever be late to class. He returned to the living room with urgency, putting on his boots and fixing his belt. "I have to get to class" he stated, looking around for his backpack.

"Ummm……...do you have my belongings?" he asked her, sure he had it the night before.

"Umm… it's like, 7:30? 8? I dunno," Faris frowned, watching the guy's eagerness to get out. "And don't worry. You'll repay me like you promised. And not with milk," she said, eyes flashing playfully. As it became more aware how much he desired to get to class, she chewed her lip in thought. "Nah you didn't have it on you when you found me. But… what if the favor I want is for you skip class, huh?" she asked, curious, once again, to see what she could get him to do, still standing in the doorway with arms crossed.

Scratching the back of his head, Randolph continued to search for a clock since her answer wasn't exactly what he was hoping it would be. The reason for that was because his class actually started between those times, 7:45. If it was already eight, he'd be fifteen minutes late, plus the time it takes him to actually get to school. If it was 7:30, then he still had time. But then more bad news. He didn't bring his stuff with him. "Ugh" he grunted again to himself, picking up the blanket he'd use to sleep and beginning to fold it for her.
Then her question surprised him and took him off guard. A devious smile formed on Randolph's face, nearly matching the one on Faris'. His eyes squinted with the spirit of inquiry. He was rather curious what was running through her mind and was absent the thought of school at the moment. When something catches his attention, Randolph tends to devote his time to that 'something' - in this case, Faris.

But what was more important? Faris - a pretty stranger he met when he was drunk and who housed him for a night? or the school and classes that could lead Randolph into a bright and successful future? Most people would go with the obvious answer choice, going to school to gain success and future wealth, but for Randolph the question was hard to answer. She was so fascinating. So 'Stumbles' went ahead and started to answer, "It all depends. Why do you want me to skip?" He answered her question with a question of his own, taking all the pressure off himself.

Faris smirked, waltzing over to Randolph and grabbing both his hands in hers. She started to lead him towards the staircase to her bedroom, hearing one of her roommates alarms and another slamming a door. Faris rolled her eyes and glanced up to Randolph's. "Just ignore them," she mumbled, letting go of one of his hands and leading him down the stairs and towards her bedroom. "By the way, you ask too many questions," she smirked, leading him inside and shutting the door.

Reactions: Camille and ch0sen1
Destiny awoke to see Harmony shaking her and grumbled "Nein.." She mumbled before goraning loudly and beginning to stretch wildly. She stumbled out of her bed and fell to the floor like a sack of bricks before Harmony left once more. She got to her feet and wlked over to her to her dresser. She took out a large shirt and put it on before slipping on a Team Germany jersey that was sent to her by scouts. She looked over herself before putting a pain of Black Pants. She finished by running a comb through her hair and stretching.

She pushed her door open after putting on her shoes. She stumbled over to Harmony's room and walked right in. It wasn't more than two seconds before they turned and began to walk out "Hi.." I say to Kendra "Our cross country team is good.." She continued on before feeling alittle awkard. For some reason she wasn't being her normally bubbly self. She wanted to be outspoken but returned to her was introvertent attitude she had as a kid. Finally being outside she took a deep breath of fresh air "Alright.. Well.. Uhm.. I slept well.."

Destiny began to blush and turned to Harmony "Well... Uhm... I.. I don't have one right now.."She stumbled around with her words. She wasn;t used to talking about who she loved and what she loved. It was alittle odd tlaking about it so she began to clam up like she did at the party. But being around Harmony made her begin to crack. "Well... I do... Hes a soccer player and well... I was hoping to kinda train with him if everything works out.." she continued before they arrived at the cafeteria.

She immediately set about gathering things for her to eat but seemed to focus on Potatos, Sausage and yogurt for a breakfast meal. She didn't care what anyone had to say about the choices for her food as they were thought out and consistant across the board with what she normally ate before going to work out. It filled her stomach but also gave her the protein's needed to build more muscle and not loose any more weight than she already has been. She hoped that being around Destiny would help her gain some weight rather than loose it "You know... I have had some issues with perfection lately... its made me loose alot of weight.. I dont know why but my metabolism seems to be speeding up."

She then took a deep breath and smiled for the first time in the last few days outside of Harmony's intervention the night before "Well... I am going for an engineering degree so I am taking for Biology classes... Some Bio Tech classes as some Math classes... I tested out of English and low level math classes... I am also taking European history as a Humanities."

Last edited:
"That's pretty kind of you man, I'd much rather that over some shitty motel."

"It's no problem." Aaron replied.

Aaron awkwardly smirked when Baron produced his bus fare, but rejected his offer of taking Aarons. Aaron motioned to the bus stop again and walked towards it with Baron.

Aaron didn't bother sitting on the bench provided there, and instead stood to the side of it.

"So your new here? Did you come for U-Met?" Aaron asked as they waited for the bus to arrive, curious as to Barons supposedly lonely arrival in the city. Aaron continued to refrain from looking in Barons eyes as they spoke.

It took only a few minutes for the bus to arrive, on which the two boarded headed for Aarons home.

The bus stop was still several blocks away from Aarons home, but it didn't take long for them to arrive. Aaron opened the door and let Baron inside after him. The television could be heard in the adjacent room, and Roberts coarse laughter following.

"Uncle Rob! I'm back, and I brought a friend." Aaron called into the other room. The television was muted and the creak of Roberts chair followed as he undoubtedly stood up.

"Ha ha, let me give him a warm welcome then." Rob said as he waddled into the room a wide smile across his face. "Eh, welcome. I'm sure Aaron forgot to mention me, I'm Robert. And you are." Robert held out his hand to greet him. "So you staying for the night?" Robert asked as they shook hands.

"Actually, I was hoping he could maybe possibly just stay for a while longer." Aaron put his index fingers together.

"Yeah, why not." Robert let out a hardy chuckle. "I got nice cardboard box for you." Robert laughed again at his own joke. Aaron felt rather ashamed by his uncles antics. "Nah, I'm just kidding you. There's a spare bedroom just across hall." Robert pointed down to door on the right.

Aaron wished Baron a good night before running up the stairs and into his room. He took off his shoes, socks, sweater and breast wrap, something he used in high school, which didn't really need now, but sometimes he felt better having on to cover what was left.

Aaron jumped in bed, his anxiety induced insomnia gave him time to think of the many things that had happened that day, and how currently someone he barely knew was sleeping in his home. An hour or two later however and Aaron fell asleep.
While waiting for the bus, Baron was asked a question. Which he responded. "I didn't come here for Umet. But who knows, maybe i could end up attending." Baron stated this despite only possessing a G.E.D. to his educational credentials. Thinking about it himself, Baron figured his chances of being able to attend something like U-Met, were zero.

Entering Aaron's home, Baron stays quiet until he shakes Roberts hand and says. "Baron Nettle's the name. I'd say call me Aaron, but that could cause confusion." Baron not only chuckled at the ending of his sentence, but possessed a cheeky smile. Continuing to listen to the conversation at hand. Baron laughs along with Robert, as he jokes about a cardboard box. Not speaking until after he talks about the spare room. "Thanks Robert. I greatly appreciate you allowing me to stay here." Attention focuses to Aaron. "I also thank you for allowing me to come."

Without skipping a beat, A stretch and yawn is provided as he walks towards the room. "I'll catch you guys in the morning. Today's been long and a drag, I need some shut-eye." With that, he entered the spare room and closed the door. Placing his longboard against the wall, he puts his bag at the foot of the bed. Then he proceeds to dress down for sleep and go to bed. In fact, right when he laid down, he instantly fell asleep.

"Great!" Gabriel smiled at her. This was going much better than he'd hoped. She bumped up against him at that moment, smiling at him. A dancer would be well-coordinated, and she hadn't looked drunk... Did she want him to move closer? Maybe it was just the happy buzz of alcohol in his brain talking, but what the hell, he'd be optimistic for once. He stepped closer, about to put his arm around her shoulder.

"I think there's still enough time to make it to a good spot..."

An owl flew by, brushing up against Maevah briefly before flying on. She looked dazed suddenly; was it a trick of the light or did she look a little green? Gabriel frowned.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked. She hadn't been drinking earlier, had she? Even then, he'd never heard of a delayed buzz. What was going on?
After the nausea passed, she nodded her head to Gabriel, smiling a perfect smile, though her mind was still momentarily on the Owl that had flown by. She was confused as to the brightness, and probably would be for a while. Easily, her arm wrapped around his hip, partially to pull him closer, partially to steady herself. She took her phone out with her free hand, and punched his name into the contact bar, handing it over to grab his number. She noticed it was late, and shifted away from his side easily once he was finished with her phone. "Hey, I'm really sorry. It's super late, and I had better head home and get some sleep. I probably have ballet tomorrow. But, I promise I'll text you!" she chimed, feeling somewhat excited about having met someone new. She looked up at Gabriel for a few moments, admiring the fact he was extremely handsome, and turned, walking a little ways and finding her vehicle with ease. She got in, waved, and drove off back towards her condo apartment.

------------------

The next morning, Maevah's alarm woke her up as it did at the same time every day. 6:15 AM. She got up, heading into her bathroom to shower and get dressed. She figured Gabriel was still sleeping, and so she let her mind wander a while. She thought about Faris, and smiled. And thought about what happened with the Owl. She pondered, really trying to understand it, but couldn't think of any logical reason for the occurrence. She hand't had anything to drink, so there was no way that someone could have drugged her. She didn't even make it inside the place to get a drink. She shrugged and decided she would simply forget about it. It probably wasn't important anyway.

Once Maevah was finished getting dressed, she had breakfast and danced for a while, looking over to her phone every so often. She wondered whether Gabriel was awake by now, and decided to send him a text message. She was nervous. She shook her head; she never got nervous about barely anything. Quickly, her fingers typed in a message.

"Good morning! It's Maevah. I'm really sorry if this wakes you up..."

Looking over it a moment and deciding that seemed good, she pressed send, placing the phone down on the counter so she could continue dancing.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Wait, that's not quite right. Let me fix it...

BEEP!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!'!''--

...Yeah, that's more like it...

"Damn it..."

Cara groaned and rolled over in bed, opening her eyes to look at the digital alarm clock on the round bedside table. Seven o'clock. EXACTLY. Technically, she didn't need to be at work until 11:30 (a rather fortunate fact). The issue that she enjoyed waking up early so she could get things done, and enjoy whatever free time she had.

She hit the OFF button on the alarm clock and rolled out of bed. Her bedroom was rather simple, and colored with mostly deep blue, white and brown. The furniture in there was wooden for the most part. Her bed had white sheets and a blue comforter. Her dresser had a mirror hanging over it, and it was probably the most well taken care of item in that room. Well, aside from the flag in the corner and the French Horn (currently in its worn out case) at the foot of the bed. The room itself was a pretty good mess, although not really at the full level of messiness it could have had. The top of the dresser was cluttered with papers (sheet music for the most part), journals, and a few books, as was the top of the small book shelf under the window.

She grabbed some clothes out of her dresser and went to the bathroom across the hall to shower and change. Soon enough Cara was in the kitchen, wearing jeans, and black "Property of Titan Marching Band" T-shirt, and her hair up in a ponytail. She sipped from a cup of coffee and munched on a handful of Lucky Charms as she walked to the living room window and looked outside. It certainly seemed like it'd be a pretty nice day, and she decided that she'd head to the park nearby.

Cara's thoughts drifted to the party the previous night, and she went to the bedroom to check her phone to see if Kevin had texted. Nothing. Well, that wasn't unusual. While she was in the bedroom, she went to the corner and grabbed the long bag in the corner that her flag was in. She left that by the front door, and put her phone in her backpack. Then she went to the kitchen and filled a water bottle with, well, water, and put that in her backpack, too. She started making a mental list to make sure she wouldn't forget anything. Her wireless earbuds were definitely in her bag, as were her guard gloves (not that she'd need them), her keys, and her wallet.

Once she was sure she had everything she'd need, she headed out, grabbing her equipment bag and carrying that over her shoulder as well. She went downstairs and out the door, walking a few blocks to get to the park. Cara had a favorite spot there, near a big oak tree, where the ground was littered with acorns in the fall. She went the immediately, dropping her backpack at the foot of the tree, but carefully setting down the equipment bag to unzip it and take out her only piece of equipment: a tattered black silk on a repeatedly taped and untaped silver pole. She put the bag under the tree and dug through the backpack for her earbuds and phone. There was one song she'd been making a routine for for quite some time now. Cara walked away from the tree, put on the song ('Disenchanted' by My Chemical Romance), and started practicing.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris had fallen back asleep for a short nap, but her roommates were making too much noise for her to stay that way for long. After about thirty minutes she twitched awake, yawning and stretching her arms over her head in the small bed. As she did, her tan fingers hit the metallic bars, but something felt wrong. Frowning and suddenly more awake, Faris rolled onto her stomach, trying to get her eyes to focus in on exactly what she was seeing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Asshole!" she said loudly, reacting immediately as she saw the bent and twisted bed frame and thinking Randolph had done it. She started to fume with anger until her brain caught up to her emotions. Her anger halted, and she frowned deeply. She had been the one grabbing those hadn't she? Faris reached out again and wrapped a hand around one of the small poles, twisting her hand and finding the grooves matched her fingers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The hell?" she whispered, still laying on the bed, frowning while staring and trying to comprehend what she was seeing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her loud yelling made Randolph spin ninety degrees to his left, facing away from the noise. He had also fell asleep for a while after having a rather satisfying morning. School had not even come up again in his mind, he had given in to temptation, but didn't mind it. But it got to a point where her rattling around the bed made Randolph open his eyes. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As though drunk, his eyes were very squinty, but open nonetheless. He turned onto his back again and faced Faris with a smile. "Good morning again" he said with a bright smile, staring into her eyes, but noticing the large frown on her face. He paused for a second and looked side to side. "It wasn't [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]that[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] bad was it?" he asked, wondering if his performance lacked anything. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris barely noticed Randolph until he said good morning, and even then, she just glanced at him before her attention went back to the bed frame. "Huh? Oh… no, that was fine. Great, you were great, but, no, I…" she huffed, frowning more as she went back to looking at the metal. "Can you… can you grab one of the bars on the bed frame and bend it with just one hand?" she asked him, obviously troubled as she barely even looked at him to ask.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Immediately Randolph noticed something was off when Faris spoke. Before she couldn't keep her eyes off of him, now she was rather absent. She was focused on who knows what, but when she said he was great, Randolph smiled with contempt. Though then he returned and attempted to understand where Faris was coming from. Her question threw him off completely and had no clue what she was thinking or if she took anything while he was asleep.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Regardless, Randolph went ahead and complied with what she wanted to know. He moved onto his chest as well and grabbed one of the bent frames. "Do you want me to fix them?" he asked, not even noticing if they had been like this in the early morning. He then tried to bend them back in place, but couldn't - not with one hand at least. He tried to use both hands and just barely did any bending, or maybe he just imagined he did, because when he took his hands off, they looked the same. "Nope, it's not budging" he said, then turning back to her. "Is something bothering you?" he asked her, not really noticing he was asking so many questions. It was just who he was. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris just nodded when he asked if she wanted them fixed, watching as Randolph unsuccessfully tried to move them. The girl pushed her dark locks from her face, licking her bottom lip and then biting it as she didn't understand at all. So Randolph's question caught her off guard. "Huh?" she asked, in a squeaky voice that was not her own, head turning with wide eyes to the other person in her bed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh um… yeah… sorry," she mumbled, still frowning as she turned, sliding out of bed and starting to get dressed. She was quiet for a long moment as she did so, until she had everything but her sweater on and then quickly sat back on the edge of the bed, looking into Randolph's eyes. "Ok, you're going to think I'm lying, but I swear… I… I just did that earlier. And I have no idea how… and… forget it," she gave an exasperated sigh, knowing she sounded crazy, so she just got back up and pulled the shirt over her head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Randolph couldn't help but give her a faint smile when her voice slightly squeaked. It was funny and cute, so he found it amusing. He was about to take her by the hand, but she suddenly rushed off the bed. He then just watched her and her curves as she dressed little by little. She was on cloud nine for a bit and Randolph wanted to know what she was thinking. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then she said what most would think as insane or lunatic. But see, Randolph wasn't all that sane himself. Most of the books he read involved things out of the ordinary. A lot of mythology had fantasy-like material. So what most would call impossible, Randolph would have to question that philosophy. "In Norse Mythology, magic tended to revolve around conceptions of knowledge. It was well known to the people and very respected. Some would even say they were gifts from the gods. You know, Odin. Thor. Magic to them meant to know, to understand and to know by heart. It was old tradition" he stated, exclaiming some passages he recalled from a book he read on Viking culture. He hoped he didn't come off as weirder than her. He still wanted any awkward pressure off himself. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris got her shirt on and turned back to Randolph, frowning as she listened, and then looking side to side after he was done before her eyes settled back onto his. "Umm… what does that have to do with me randomly bending metal?" she asked, sitting back on the bed while still looking at him, fingers tugging on the ends of her sleeves.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know. Maybe you were gifted" he stated with squinted eyes yet again as he swung his feet off the bed, removing the thin blanket. He got off and starting dressing himself as well, starting with the jeans. "Or maybe you're just crazy" he laughed, tightening his belt as he looked out the window. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He picked up his shirt and started putting it on as he walked towards her. He stood before her for a second not saying anything, just staring into her eyes. "Yeah…….you're just crazy" he joked, poking her on the nose playfully. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris looked at Randolph skeptically when he explained, thinking that didn't make her feel much better. She rolled her eyes at his other option though, frowning until he got closer, looking up in his eyes in return.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm not crazy, you ass," she said, lurching out her foot and kicking the side of his leg with her shin.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not seeing it coming, Randolph took the hit dead on which made him slant to the side. "Ahh!" he said, grabbing his now in-pain leg. He hopped on one leg for a second until he managed to get his feeling back. "That hurt" he said, one of his eyes twitching a little. But weirdly, he had a smile on his face. The fact that she did that without him even thinking it as an option made his curiosity fulfilled. But she hit him nonetheless and he didn't understand why. He was joking when he called her crazy. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So he stood back up and faced her again. "You're mean" he whispered, not saying anymore than that. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris got a bit of a satisfied smirk watching Randolph hop, his smile only making her giggle, and then giggle more at his whisper. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Just don't call me crazy then," she said, reaching out and poking his stomach. In her mind she was thinking about how it would be fun to wrestle with him and win, but she was also still thinking about her bed. Glancing over at it and then back to Randolph she chewed her bottom lip. "Are you into giving mean girls your phone number so I could talk to you again or is that reserved for the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]nice[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] girls?" she asked, the playfulness back in her eyes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Randolph laughed when she poked him in the stomach, rather ticklish at her touch. "Done" he responded to her proposition to never call her crazy again. He stood very close to her, feeling her breath on his chest. He looked deeply into her eyes, studying the color and pattern of her iris. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Usually it is for the nice girls, but I think I can make an exception just for you" he smiled. For some reason it was rather easy to talk to her. She didn't seem to judge him all that much, not as much as she would others it seemed. But who knew, he still didn't know her all that well. "Here" he said, waiting for her to give him her phone. After she did, he put in his phone number and after returning it to her, the name on is was 'Stumbles'. "Just don't call me during class, I don't want to get in trouble" he said with a smile, obviously joking. "Well, I should be off. Still have to…….sail the seas" he said before walking out the door after waving farewell. He walked passed all the roommates and left the building.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After Randolph left, Faris turned back to her bed frame, staring at it and still not understanding.[/BCOLOR]

Erza sat at the edge of one of the parking lots with a hefty tool box, a half eaten peanut butter sandwich and a rusty truck under her hands. A young sandy haired freshman stood behind her with his hands in his hair and a groan ripping up his throat,"Sorry about this..I know it's your lunch Erz...The boys just said you wouldn't mind helping with the radiator.."

"It's fine, Douglas..I don't mind helping a friend out if he needs it. I can always eat lunch later." she said with a sigh before standing back and closing the lid. She rubbed her greasy hands on the short coveralls she owned and grabbed her heavy backpack with reluctance. She walked up and slapped the keys into his chest speaking slowly,"Just bring the damn thing to a mechanic for crying out loud. It's a hunk of junk and needs some actual work done on it. I love your optimism but it isn't gonna help ya much when your stuck on the road with your engine on fire."

"Yeah well, unless money starts growing on tree's I doubt I am going to be able to do that."

She leaned down to pick up the toolbox and motioned towards him,"Tell ya what. If you can get the money for the part I will put it in for free. I actually sort of like you alive so I will give you a deal this time. Oh and don't tell your buddies about this either..I don't want the whole, "Oh but you did it for him!" type of thing okay?"

He gave her a large smile and nodded,"Okay promise. Thanks Erz."

"No problem..it's what I do." she gave a light smirk, then looked back towards the school,"I'll catch you around Dougie."

Erza didn't even give him a chance to finish as she popped her sunglasses on and moved around the parking lot to the school. She was just about to head inside when her phone buzzed. She groaned pulling it out and holding it to her ear,"Ello Angela's Sex Shop..Dildo's on sale for 12.99...uh..Hi Da.."

She blushed leaning against the brick wall, and kicking around a rock,"No..no...I'm okay...I had a beer yesterday but...Yes Da I know..It wasn't excessive. I haven't done anything like that for months now.."

Her backpack slumped to the ground as she sunk to her ass, leaning against the wall with a tight expression,"Don't..Please...It hurts when you talk about it. I know it's this thursday. I don't want to think about it....No. I am not going to talk to the bloody councillor again. Look I got to go. I'm fine. I love you. Goodbye."

She clicked off the phone and a deep sadness moved throughout her body. The happy mood she was harboring fell through unnoticed cracks. Is it always going to be like this..being able to break with just a few simple words. I was so happy once...is that even possible anymore. Tears began to roll down her cheeks and she curled her knees up into her body. She looked around feeling confident that no one was nearby and then let go. Sobs raked from her body like waves as she unearthed the anguish she had been harboring for the week. She felt completely honest and that in itself was satisfying. She was tired of pretending like she was okay when all she wanted was to tell someone the hell she had been through. She just couldn't do that to her friends again. She wanted to be stronger..

fs1.jpg

I look at Destiny as she explains her ambitions for an engineering degree, making my heart warm on the inside. She also lists her courses as her path is guided more towards bio based engineering than my path.

"Oh nice!! I'm an engineering major as well, but I'm digital engineering. Computers, tech devices, robots, yeah...so basically I have the Freshman Seminar class about the history of UMet and how Freshman can learn better -_-, I also have Sophomore Math, Advanced Italian, English, and Basic Programming."

Math, science, electronics, anything Geek related...those were my domain. I lived for it, while most people resented or dreaded those subjects. I was an assistant teacher last year at Omni High helping some math teachers grade and tutor Freshman kids. I was the girl who was always first in line to touch the static inducing ball in physics class, I was the ONLY female in AP Electronics to work with circuits and robots. I had my stake in all social castes, which I think was a pro attributing to my popularity. It wasn't about being the "it" girl, it was about being the girl who all groups recognized while also befriending them. Never know when you might need a nerd in the future to give you a grant from his multi-million dollar franchise, or a jock to come help you move into your 4-story mansion. Oh yes, big dreams.

Before long some of the other athletes enter the cafeteria and spot us. Some of Des' soccer team, a few of my volleyball girls, Kendra's run squad, then the men came in from the football and basketball teams. The baseball team was nowhere in sight, and who knew of the rebellious fencing team, I always thought of the three musketeers...

As we finish up our food we chat with all of our fellow student athletes and our upcoming seasons in sports. Volleyball and Football were up first, as Blitz and her team started at the start off September. Most of the jocks all had looks of fatigue and being hungover on their faces, the guy that Kendra passed out on yesterday talks to her, working his mojo on my roomie. I decide not to intervene. We're grown now, no need for any naïve-sensed protection unless it's warranted. A few of the football team talks to Destiny and I as we finish up our beverages.

Football Jocks: "So you girls ready for this year? I expect nothing less than a national title. Destiny you're from Germany right? I seen you hit that kid in the side it was epic! Harmony nice moves last night, you girls will keep us all interested like that..."
"Interested?...So if I never would have danced then I would have been just another piece of tail right?"

I say it jokingly with undertones of being serious. I look and Destiny and her reaction to them bringing the fight up.

"No it's not like that I was just saying we appreciate you girls, athletes gotta look out for each other..."
"Umhmm, okay haha...well it's about time to go Destiny ready to hit the gym?"

I help Destiny from her chair as the volleyball, soccer, and football teams all have to workout in the morning sessions since our seasons are coming up. I hug Kendra as she joins her cross country team. We throw away our trays as we embark down to the athletic center. The football team was way too active for this early morning. Every step they were pushing and nagging like rabid wolves, guess I needed that too to get me out of this drag state.

"So how about that football team Destiny, anyone strike your fancy?"

We head into the facility and into the general women's locker rooms where we already had assigned lockers and locks. I take out my combination and turn the dials as the lock clicks open, and I begin to strip down from my fashionable clothes into the workout gear I've prepared. I tie my hair up in a ponytail and then throw on my Umet Volleyball shirt and team shorts. I finally slide on my nikes and shut and lock my locker before heading over to Destiny who was still dressing.

"So I met this boy last night, he was in a band haha...it sounds cliché, but he seemed nice. And another one of my friends from high school was there too, he was ....well is like super smart and I hadn't seen him in a year. It's going to be an interesting year if everyday is like last night..."

After she's dressed and we chat, we make our way into the fitness center where our Athletic Director was already inside awaiting us. The football team and soccer teams all fall in as well...wait...were we all working out together!? Already I could feel the eyes of the male athletes behind me bearing into my behind. I place my conjoined hands behind my back and I move to sit on a bench as the director speaks to us.

Athletic Director: "Alright, first off welcome to the new season, you guys are 1st session because you guys start season the earliest. To all the Freshmen, welcome, we're glad you joined the Lions' organization, and we expect heart and great things. That being said we will all workout together for today only, I have an exercise routine for you to follow called the Lions' Den..."

I suddenly hear people smack their lips and mumble under their breaths. Some people sighed and others groaned. When I even seen my senior teammates shake their heads, I knew this was going to be something serious. I'd heard tale of the traditional Lions' Den routine as a rite of passage into the athletics here at school, but I was about to find out how much of a pain this was.

Director: "It's a tradition here at UMet, and one of the reasons why Sports Illustrated always ranks our athletes in the top 10 most fit athletes of the year. Once you pass this, you will become stronger in will, and In body and mind. Failure isn't an option. The longer you stall the longer you stay here, if you have class you will not be excused until this is done. We have 100 push ups, 200 sit ups, 300 jumping jacks, 400 high knees, and then we will go outside to the field and run 500 yard shuttles divided in intervals of 50 yards, then 600 yard sprints in intervals of 100 yards, seven is the lucky number, you get 700 seconds of break, before we do 800 meter strides, 900 feet bear-crawls, and finally... The Lions' Pride, which is EVERY athlete together jogging 1000 yards, while one by one stating their names, classifications, sport, and why they are stronger now."

My jaw drops as I look at the director. That wasn't a workout, that was death. Destiny had done this last year!? And lived!? This was something out of a 300 movie. I return a look to her, as she looks at me back.

Oh dear.

After the nausea passed, she nodded her head to Gabriel, smiling a perfect smile, though her mind was still momentarily on the Owl that had flown by. She was confused as to the brightness, and probably would be for a while. Easily, her arm wrapped around his hip, partially to pull him closer, partially to steady herself. She took her phone out with her free hand, and punched his name into the contact bar, handing it over to grab his number. She noticed it was late, and shifted away from his side easily once he was finished with her phone. "Hey, I'm really sorry. It's super late, and I had better head home and get some sleep. I probably have ballet tomorrow. But, I promise I'll text you!" she chimed, feeling somewhat excited about having met someone new. She looked up at Gabriel for a few moments, admiring the fact he was extremely handsome, and turned, walking a little ways and finding her vehicle with ease. She got in, waved, and drove off back towards her condo apartment.

------------------

The next morning, Maevah's alarm woke her up as it did at the same time every day. 6:15 AM. She got up, heading into her bathroom to shower and get dressed. She figured Gabriel was still sleeping, and so she let her mind wander a while. She thought about Faris, and smiled. And thought about what happened with the Owl. She pondered, really trying to understand it, but couldn't think of any logical reason for the occurrence. She hand't had anything to drink, so there was no way that someone could have drugged her. She didn't even make it inside the place to get a drink. She shrugged and decided she would simply forget about it. It probably wasn't important anyway.

Once Maevah was finished getting dressed, she had breakfast and danced for a while, looking over to her phone every so often. She wondered whether Gabriel was awake by now, and decided to send him a text message. She was nervous. She shook her head; she never got nervous about barely anything. Quickly, her fingers typed in a message.

Looking over it a moment and deciding that seemed good, she pressed send, placing the phone down on the counter so she could continue dancing.
It took Gabriel longer than usual to fall asleep that night. A strange sense of anticipation kept him awake; ever since he'd met Maevah, he felt ready to do…something; he wasn't sure what. It was like having a word on the tip of your tongue; something would jog his memory and he'd be able to do whatever it was. More than once he'd considered inviting her back to his apartment, but she seemed to want to call it a night instead and she probably had rehearsals tomorrow anyway.

The chiming of his phone alarm woke him. 6 a.m. already? He must've stayed awake for longer than he'd thought. At least the sense of waiting for something had already begun to fade; it'd probably disappear around noon. He left his phone charging on the floor and went to get ready for work.

His phone chimed while he was still in the bathroom, the distinctive sound of a text message arriving. He hurried out of the bathroom as soon as he was done and unplugged his phone. It was from Maevah.

Well. She was interested after all. He'd been given fake numbers before, not all that often but enough to know that it was a possibility.

Gabriel was about to type out a reply before he hesitated. She was probably rehearsing for an upcoming ballet or something where she had the lead role. It wouldn't do to interrupt her in the middle of something important.

Then again, she'd probably just finish up whatever she was doing and then check her phone. Like a normal person.

He made his way to the bus stop and began tapping out a reply.

"Hello Maevah! It's fine; I was already awake. How's your rehearsal going?"

[warning=magenta][spoili]
fA3BE7x.jpg
It was Bella's first day of her senior year. This was her year. Marisa, Lacey and Tommy were texting her non stop, she finally just turned off her phone. At least this year, she wouldn't have to worry about bumping into Trent. Trent had finally graduated last year. She didn't want to think about him, or what happened last night. All she cared about was, "What to wear? What to wear?" "How about this!" Bella turned around, Marisa was in her room. Her mother must of let her in. "Really Risa?" "What?" "Nothing..." Bella took the outfit, going to her bathroom to change. After she was finished, Bella put on her dragon earring and her rings. She went back out to show Marisa. "Now THAT'S an outfit!" "Ha, shut up and come on." Bella grabbed her back pack, making it to Marisa's car, after saying goodbye to her parents."So did they find out?" "Nope I got home, before them." "Great, no one else got caught either." Bella started the radio, they were both dancing around to Beyonce's Drunk In Love. "Drunk In Love!" "We be all night...In love!" Marisa badly rapped Jay-Z's part, making Bella laugh. Bella was glad that Marisa didn't bring up anything about last night.
Today was a new day, a new school year. A new everything.[/spoili][/warning]

Last edited:
Destiny looked over at the Football player speaking to the two of them and just nodded "I am from Germany." She said as her accent flowed out making its even more evident. "As for interested... I am not trying to be. I feel bad for what I did last night so please do not bring it up." She continued on before shaking her head. As for the fight she had still felt animosity towards it. She hated herself for hitting the kid but was beginning to make it out in her head so she wouldn't begin to freak out like she did last night that caused the two of them to connect like they did.

"Yeah... Tell your friend that hit me not to talk or bother me... I dont want to repeat what I did last night.." She said before looking to Harmony. Her attitude seemed to shift suddenly and she didn't like it. She forced herself to brighten up once more and just sighed "Yeah... Watch out for each other because me play sports.. its not because he get along..." She mumbled outloud but mostly to herself. It was then that Harmony said about going to the Atheltic center and she just nodded before following behind her.

The scene of the football team acting like a group of Lemmings made her giggle slightly but then she caught the eye of the kid that hit her and him to her. He looked away suddenly as if not wanting to attract her attention anymore than he already did and it made her smirk deviously. Oh, he had that coming but never the less she didn't think she should have done it. In the end it happened and she began to feel rather good about it even if it did bring up horrible feelings of letting herself down.

As the two entered the womens locker room she looked over and nodded "There is but he is out of my league. So.. I am reclined to kinda looking around here.. I mean... sure they are all rather hot but I want someone that is well.. to be honest someone down to earth and kinda... lively. Its hard being abit of a buzzkill at times... I mean I can go crazy but I just feel depressed all the times.. I have to put on a face and well.. I want someone to do it for me so I don't have to go through the pain of taking it off at the end of the day." She said as her deep thought suddenly flowed out from a simple question.

Destiny was already dressed in her uniform when she left the Dorm rooms but had brought another shirt and change of pants incase she had gotten sweaty. She didn't want to stink and hygeine was abit of an issue with her as she had to shower every day and wash her hair every day or she would begin to freak out. She had to always be clean or she wouldn't feel right and act like a complete zombie all the time. So in the end she gave into the urge to scrub herself clean before going out or doing anything involving people.

It was then that they moved out to do the inital work out. It was somthing she had done on her own many times making it although tiring easy for her to accomplish faster than most people. The look on Harmony's face was priceless and made her laugh slightly "Sorry.. just your look is priceless... Well! I think its time then." Destiny said as her mindset seemed to a complete 180. The athletic Director called out her name "Destiny! Up front! You and Alexander are leading this run! Set the pace!" the director yelled out before Destiny nudged Harmony "Try to keep up alright!" She said before jogging out to the front.

She was in her normal attire for a workout that look although hot was extreme comfortable and loose fitting to make it easy to move around in She wouldn't play in these clothes but would run miles and do things others would consider insane in those clothes. "Achtung Schwächlinge!" she yelled out before looking to Alexander "You heard the director!" She said as she fell forward onto her hands in the pushup position. Things like this is what earned her the nickname the Full Padded Bitch outside of the nickname Blitz. "Eines! Zwei! Drei!" She begant to count. She began to pick up the pace as each athelete moved at their own pace. Within a minutes and a half she was finished and back up on her feet before continuing on with the workout.

fs1-jpg.60160

When Destiny told me to keep up I smirked a bit. I wasn't the #1 volleyball recruit for no reason. I simply keep quiet as the two athletes lead.

Director: "I expect you to be up there too Kayne! Show us why you were #1!"
"You got it."

The arsenal of sports stars all jog in unison as we open the doors to the cool morning air outside. I quickly move up beside Alexander and Destiny, saying nothing but focusing on my breaths. Sarah, Whitney, and Emily fall right beside me as they smile and cheer me on to keep it up. They were the senior so they sort of had to keep up with a Freshman lest they look bad. A few of the football players the surround us as we all jog together. I could imagine an outside party looking at us would see that we all looked quite good and organized together. The first whistle blew. We all dropped where we were and started doing pushups. I retain a straight back and flat body as I begin to press up and down. Sarah looks over in her physical battle and whispers to me.

Sarah: "You can do girl push-ups if you want, you don't have to do those."
"Sorry....huff...I don't believe in girl anything. We can do what anyone else can."

Sarah and Whit just looked a bit skeptic as I continued on. After about 35, the burn stared to hit hard, I could hear the grunts and growls from men and women alike. I grit my teeth as I press harder and harder, as my triceps begin to slightly bulge from my bronzed skin under the morning sun. I continue to push while slowing down my pace in order to compensate for the muscle recovery. When I got to 75, the real burning commenced. At this point everyone was grunting and wailing through the pain. I look at Destiny to see that she's going pretty fast at a pace, she'd regret that later on today when the fiber building period happened. I finish about 30 seconds after her and I run to the next section where the soccer coach was. He was in charge of sit ups as I lay on my back and get right to it. My core was inhuman, so I swifted through rep after rep with relative ease. The soccer coach pokes his lip out in impression as he claps for the few of us that were at the second test. I then jump from my feet and start on 300 jumping jacks. This I considered a break because there was no extraneous physical activity, just jumping to get the heart pumping. A few minutes and I was finished with those, moving on towards high knees. At this point there was a handful of football players, a few men soccer players, and only 5 female athletes including Des and I. Now the physical toll was taking over big time. My legs burned with a Phoenix's fire, and my core started to crunch from the slight strain in my stomach. After 250 of these my abs begged for mercy, but my mind wouldn't allow it. I wanted to make a statement, and right now I was ahead of even senior athletes. This felt good. Physically terrible, but emotionally good. A thin layer of perspiration coats my skin as I continue on, squinting and grimacing through the activity.

Soccer Coach: "Alright!!! On to the next good job Lions! Keep it up! [claps]"

I run over to the football practice field to see that most of the same people I was with earlier were there. Destiny runs up beside me, as I return her a fatigue ridden smile, but not enough to show I was depleted of stamina. Here was where the football coach took ever and yelled from across the other sideline. 500 yard shuttle wouldn't be TOO bad, just running 50 yards ten times non-stop...compared to the other exercises, that isn't that bad in a really twisted and messed up way. The whistle blows as we run from sideline to sideline, touching the white stripe with our hands and using out burst to shoot towards the other end. I was doing a hybrid of striding and sprinting, and was in the front lines with the upperclassmen and Destiny. I keep my balanced pace as others start to tire out, this was where mental toughness came in. So you give up or keep going? I tell my brain to keep my legs pushing no matter what, as the sweat gets a bit more dense.

Football Coach: "Volleyball girl is showing you guys up! The girls showing the boys up! Girl from the soccer team is too! You boys really going to let them lead!?"

The football team steps up their octane as they start to speed up to catch us. Most of the team was already up there with us, but now more and more football players begun to keep up and join us. We finish through the last run and the majority of athletes collapse to the ground in exhaustion. I bend over to regain my breath and put my hands on my knees. One guy behind me murmurs under his breath and I turn my head to see him eyeing my booty. I roll my eyes and prepare my mind for the next text. 100-yard sprints. Six times. Crap. The whistle blows as the Director summons the small group that's finished over to the top of the field. He doesn't even bother with a speech, he knew that we were going to dread it either way. The whistle blows. I take off in a semi-full speed sprint as I shoot towards the other end of the field. Destiny was in front of almost all of us, moving like a freaking jaguar. We didn't even get a ten second break before he blew the next whistle to sprint again, then the third, fourth, fifth. Most of us were crawling now, absolutely tired and beaten from the events. I rest my hands above my head to open my lungs, Destiny was moving as well, but she seemed depleted as well. The last whistle blows and I run full speed, all out as I pass even most of the male athletes, some skill football players even. I past the line and instantly slouch down. I huff and puff heavy as I fight to get as much oxygen as I can.

Director: "Alright! This group gets a break. 700 seconds."
"Shi--"

I almost cursed. It takes a ton to make me curse. Extreme anger, distress, anything dire otherwise I'm as serene as a peach. I stopped myself and changed my words.

"Shoot..."

The Athletic Director brings us water as we invade the bottles and consume them as if we were in the Sahara. I exhale in exasperation after taking in the ice cold taste of instant life. I pour some over my head and shake off to cool down. A few men's soccer and football players come over and pat me on the back for going above and beyond, the then went to Destiny and did the same, but it seemed like they were used to Destiny moving like that. They converse with her as I sit down by myself and just breathe. One football player comes over and sits near me.

Player: "Either I'm light-headed, or you're like..really bright haha. You seem like you're not even tired..."
"You kidding me I'm beat! Whew.."

Another comes over.

Athlete: "Yo, good job..oh man I need to chill, I think I'm light headed you look bright haha"
Player: "Same thing I said!"
"Geez...you boys need some water haha, here."

I toss them the water and I relax as a cool wind blows softly, making everyone in our group moan in slight pleasure and relief.

Aidan
"...ey....up."

I groaned in my sleep, the sound barely reaching my mind as I adjust myself against a rough surface to my back.

"...said...wake..."

I forced my eyes to stay closed out of habit. Whenever I slept at home, screaming and loud noises were common place. No way was I going to lose sleep on her account.

"I said, wake up!"

This time the voice was clear, demanding, and to my surprise, very male. Unfortunately for me, it was also accompanied by a firm kick to my side.

"Gah!"

I rolled over, effectively falling onto my face as I moved from the tree due to the force of the blow. I groaned and held my side, turning to look at my attacker. It took me a few moments, but I recognized the serious glare, and his signature fedora hat. The face of a man I hadn't seen since I was fifteen.

"N-Nico?"

"That's Uncle Nico. Don't you kids have any respect for family anymore?"

latest

I shook my head and stood up, holding my side he had just kicked.

"Depends. Is it normal to respect your family when they kick you in the ribs?"

The man simply flashed his trademark smirk.

"In this family it is."

I chuckle quietly, straightening up, folding my arms across my chest. It was pretty normal for our family to behave like this, and it was only the barest tip of the iceberg. I met his eyes, and they almost seemed to suck me in. It actually started to give me a headache.

I was beginning to catch glimpses again, images flashing before my eyes. I had it figured now that they were memories. It was still painful, and it always seemed to happen with eye contact. It was maddening.

"So, what brings you here? Surely you aren't here just to visit me and my mother."

Nico raised a brow, his smile remaining as he put his hands casually into his pockets.

"I have my reasons. Still, why can't I just be visiting my family?"

I scoffed at his question.

"Because you guys hate mom and haven't had any interest in me for a while. Ever since we left, you have barely even called for the last three years."

His smile waned, and he withdrew a hand to remove his hat. It was apparent it was time to be serious and professional. So, I knew I had a good idea of why he was in town.

"Aidan, you probably have a good idea why I'm here. We could use some help, your skills are useful. More importantly, you belong with your family."

My face contorted slightly as I flashed him a confused glare.

"Figures. You talk so much about family being important, but don't come around until you need something. Even if that weren't the case, you know that I stopped doing that stuff. I'm staying clean and out of trouble. I don't need the money that bad either."

My uncle grinned, glancing around before moving in closer to me, leaning In close.

"That isn't what I heard. I saw your mom, the state of your place, and I also happen to know that your mom is about to be evicted."

My eyes widened.

"What? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, she didn't tell you? Shocking. She usually tells you everything, doesn't she? Did you know that she had also borrowed a great deal of money from us that she has refused to pay back?"

My expression melted into an angry grimace, my blood beginning to boil. He couldn't have been serious. Even an alcoholic with mental issues couldn't have shit away a large sum of money.

"Bullshit. My mother may be a drunk, but she wouldn't be stupid enough to borrow money from you mobsters when we all left to get away from your criminal bullshit. Even my father, asshole as he was, was wise enough to get out."

Nico chuckled and placed his hat back upon his head, apparently preparing to leave.

"Maybe I'm lying. Maybe not. You should take both possibilities into account. It's in your best interest to help us regardless. If you decide to do the right thing and help us, meet me at apartment 17 in the parkview apartment complex.

We take care of our own, no matter what. You should remember that."

He turned his back, beginning to walk away, planting hisbhands back into his pocket casually.

My mind raced, images of my uncle's violent past still occasionally flashing before my eyes. My veins were burning, rage and confusing twisting in my gut aggressively. What the hell was I to do? I needed to clear my head, and fast.

I dashed away, jogging towards town to get away. After about ten minutes my mind began to clear, the images finally fading completely. I stopped, leaning back against the small ice cream shop I used to visit every week in the summer. The sight of the large smiling ice cream cone sign brought back a few pleasant memories.

With a soft sigh, I glanced at my watch, noticing the time.

"Aww fuck."

I groaned, realizing I was late for my first class of the day. That's fine, I could use a good workout, and the latter half would better suit me anyway. I sped into a sprint, ducking into a nearby alley that my free running friends brought me to. I saw the low awning of the building next door, and the dumpster next to it. Too easy.

I sped over to the closed dumpster, jumping up onto the sturdy metal side of the container, then jumped up and grabbed yhe awning, pulling myself up onto the roof. From here, most of the buildings in this area were close enough that I could move among the rooftops all the way to the main campus.

I moved with a quickness I usually reserved for fleeing, heading towards my destination. Another ten minutes or so got me there, and I dropped down onto a parked van, then dropped from the hood into a forward roll, coming up into a standard walk. I adjusted my jacket, wiped a little sweat from my brow, and walked into the main building.

It didn't take long for me to make it to class, seeing everyone already taking notes on the current lecture. I did my best to move quietly to my usual seat, which was thankfully vacant. My professor, fortunately didn't pay me any mind, continuing on. I sighed softly, my mind already beginning to wander again.

Status
Not open for further replies.