HiPer: High Powered Persons

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gang arrived and Damion waved back as he watched Erza wave at him upon entering the diner. He was still waiting on the man's order but had bee himself too distracted to even begin to feel impatient. It was then that Destiny walked over and revealed his customer to be a current teacher at Omni high and one Damion had never met before.

"Hey you," Damion replied to Harmony as he jotted down her order. He chuckled at her phone jab and couldn't believe he was about to say the ridiculous truth of the matter, "sorry, I haven't been feeling all there today. If that makes any sense. Plus, I forgot my phone at the dorms," he said as he wrinkled his nose in an sort of I know, I know, it happened again type of signal.
Damion gave his customer, now known as Mr. Pierce from Omni High but Damion wasn't sure he should be addressing him as such... Anyways, Damion gave him a last glance but it seemed the guy wasn't ready to order, "Eh, actually I wasn't supposed to be working today but I asked dad If I could help out. I didn't feel like staying locked up in my dorm after the day I've been having. Err... which I guess means, I can get off at any point I see fit," he gave her a wavering look as he glanced over to his dad.

It wasn't long before Harmony was taken away by more pressing matters, and Damion walked back towards the counter to place her order. He sent one of the waitresses over to Mr.Pierce from Omni High just in case he was ready to order and he himself forced himself back to the hated frat table. No onions on the burger this time. He sighed. He passed by the crowded table of familiars and noted Erza looking cozy with a guy, but didn't linger long to pay much attention. The frat boys awaited.

"Here ya go. No onions," this time he nearly sped walked away from them before they could say anything and he headed towards the safety of his friendly connections.

"What can I get for you?" He asked the group in general, but was careful to give Erza a look. Yeah. The naughty-girl-wink-wink look but it was mostly a bad joke. He was overcompensating for failing to be a good friend lately. Somebody give him a break. He wasn't exactly social savvy and overcompensating is what seemed like the best choice to him, the poor soul.

harglow-jpg.63304

Des' conversation brought me back down to Earth a tad bit. The fact that she confided in me about her deep internal issues showed that she trusted me, and if that was the case then there was hope in believing in each other and our abilities. Despite her warning me about her reckless ways, I knew it was a big step for her to take into telling me of all people. I approached her and started to rub her back, comforting her after her throwing up and revealing of her personal crucibles. Depression? Suicide? I wrapped my arms around her and pointed her in the mirror, her hair unkempt and wild. I brush it down and I push her lower back inwards slightly so she stands straight.

"Our abilities may have many facets, but we're greater. Look, I mean really look in the mirror. You're beautiful girl, and you have a scholarship to a Division I top tier school. You're being recruited by national soccer teams. You have no reason to be that way. Find all the things you love, and that matters. That's what drives you right? So use them to shine a light so that everyone sees how beautiful you are as well. Then you'll see it's not just about feeling, it's about being."

I pat Destiny on the back and I exit the bathroom proud. Back out into the continuing world where the Alphas gazed at us as we walked by again, but my eyes were on Erza, Boyband, and Damion. I was ready to engage with them in some old fashioned conversation when the TV caught my attention; it was on the far wall over the register, but my senses still managed to catch one word: miracle. I tilted my head and I watched the TV in pique as the Alphas behind were looking at me...looking at TV. I fold my arms as the CNN news headline made my heart skip a beat. My eyebrows raise and I draw closer to Mr. Jackson. The headline was titled: 'Magicians or Miracles?'

"Mr. Jackson, can you turn that up?"
Mr. Jackson: "Sure Harmony."

I peer over at Ezzy for a bit, and then over my other shoulder at Destiny exiting the bathroom. And then back to the screen.

TV: Seems that there was someone named "Dragon Boy" earlier due to what scientists call a once in a lifetime event, as his screams had literally combusted a tree into flames. Well we're here with another report that follows up on that one, as the boy demonstrated how he screamed to a local newsman in his area, and lo and behold he did it again! Here's the video now [shows footage]

Now this is believed to be a magic act of some kind, but the Dragon Boy persists that he has no idea how he's doing it, or how it happens. Yet here's another case way across USA in Jackson, Mississippi where teens at a skate park allegedly recorded a guy turning a skateboard into Mountain Dew! Now our video experts analyzed the footage and get this, they said the Dragon Boy or the Skateboarder's videos were tampered with or altered in any way, which raise the question...How are they doing this? Is it really real? Here's the footage of the Skateboarder:

~
"Do it again! Again!"
"Come on bro! Whooo!"
"Yeaaaahhh!"

A guy uses his GoPro camera to first passionately kiss a groupie of a female impressed by his most recent feat, and then he gets back to recording through his eyes at a skate park in town. All the punkers gather around as the guy kneels with his skateboard and places his hands above them as if to do a magic spell or incantation, he closes his eyes and meditates for a little while. He breathes deeply as the skateboard begins to vibrate slowly and turns into a bottle of Mountain Dew. The crowd goes crazy as he picks it up and untwists the cap and takes a drink of it, until he noticed the liquid literally went through his body and spilled onto the ground. The crowd of punks then shouted in amazement, but there were some who got a bit quieter...
~

I immediately turned around and looked at Erza and Destiny, but also not in a way to make it seem too suspicious.

Mr. Jackson: "Crazy huh?"
"Hehehe you have no idea..."

I waltz back over to the table, hearing the Alphas wave it off as a hoax or an elaborate prank, but I think I knew the truth. I think I was starting to realize this when we first saw the man who assaulted the cops. We weren't alone. This wasn't an isolated event. I was in denial, there was NO WAY the nation...or the Earth be under some kind of evolutionary/metalogical event that would turn history forever? Or was this the side effect of some bio-engineering or terrorism radiation gone wrong? I sit down and practically cling to Erza, tense from the news, but not comfortable enough to discuss it in front of Damion, Mr. Pierce, Boyband, and Isaac listening close by. But I knew she knew, I think all three of us did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think we've forgotten what this country was about..."

Agent Thomas Burton says over the radio as he drives his black sedan down the highway, just coming from a destroyed mountain and its route resulting in the death of 6 people. There was a trail of destruction leading back from Union Star, Missouri. That trail was resulting in nothing but death. First over 400 people dead, then a cop in critical condition, and now 6 more added to the list of departed souls. All had one mysterious man in common. The suspect at hand, now dubbed 'The Taker' was on every police and federal wanted list in America right now, thanks to Agent Burton's call. If it kept up any longer he would even be on INTERPOL's list of wanted. He was definitely worthy after killing almost 500 people to date, and it hasn't even been a full week yet. He thinks about the details of the murders and wipeout: All were subject to the same blast, and all bodies found had the same concussive force impacted on them, yet no burn, electrical, or radiated damage to their bodies, witnesses outside town heard a loud boom like an earthquake, but there were no faults recorded that day, and nothing on satellite radar that reported anything falling from the sky, but later on that night there was a strange light in the canyons... it made him frustrated just thinking about it. His radio comes in transmission as his Recon agent Billy chimes in:

Billy: Hey Tommy, there's something on the news right now...a CNN report titled Magicians or Miracles. Apparently, there was a boy on the west coast that screamed a tree on fire, yes literally. And then in Jackson, Miss...a guy turned a skateboard into Mountain Dew at a skate park. Can you believe that? Video analysts said these recordings weren't tampered with in ANY way...

Thomas: "Strange Bill, but I don't have time for circus stories, we need to find this man.
Billy: Exactly, what if he's using tricks, maybe concealed gadgets or things like that to pull off these feats? To make him seem...'powerful'..
Thomas: "Huh, no traces, seemingly vanishes, big booms...sounds about right. Okay Bill follow this, update me on anything useful.
Billy: Sure, oh! Kim and Jason found something, after the Union Star Massacre there was a light in the canyons after that disappeared right? Well they found another place where that same descriptive light was seen.
Thomas: "And where would that be...?

Omni City, Missouri.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Bella Marie Johnson
Nf8KECsm.jpg
Arriving at Bar Drop 9, Bella paid the cabbie. Smiling at Rick, she got out the cab. With Rick tailing behind her, she opened the bar's door. Heading to the bar, Bella saw her cousin making drinks. "Anna!" Bella ran over to her cousin, who in turn smirked at her. Anastasia Johnson was a badass, don't fuck with me, type of girl, and Bella loved her for that attitude. "What the hell are you doing here...and with a guy?" Clearing the bar table, Anna looked Rick up and down. She knew guys like him, guys who took advantage of naive little girls. She could be wrong about him, but like she would ever say that. Bella gave an annoyed face towards her cousin. "Oh, you're such a charmer Anna. This is Rick, Rick, this is my RUDE cousin Anna." Bella asked for a Mountain Dew, knowing that her cousin would never give her an alcoholic beverage. "I'll be back, I have to take care of PAYING customers." Bella watched as Anna walked away from her and Rick.

Sitting there talking with Rick, Bella was having a good time. She hadn't had a free hectic day since she discovered that she had powers. As the music played in the background, Bella started bopping her head to the song. "So do you think there's more people like us out there?" Even though she would rather talk about something other than this, that's all she could think about. There was probably a secret cult of Magical people, maybe someone drugged her and Rick with some weird new drug or something crazy like that. Bella had many crazy theories going on in her head. When the music died down, Bella turned her attention to the news reporter on the TV. They were talking about; flames, explosions, changing skateboards into...mountain dew. Bella looked at her soda can, setting it down on the bar top.

She watched as the news reporter went on talking about different supernatural phenomena happening all around. Well, now Bella knew that there were more gifted people roaming around. They were so reckless with their powers...they would get taken away and experimented on...which meant she could be found out also. Bella stood up, looking at Rick with her big doe eyes. "Rick, I'll talk to you later. Anna, see you later tonight." She waved to her cousin, who gave her a weird look and just shrugged it off. Bella called up a cab, she needed to get home and do some research on these "Magic Acts" the reporter was talking about.

Interaction(s): @HellHoundWoof

Last edited:
Reactions: ch0sen1
Darcy Moore

She had just taken a break from scouring the library books, and had turned on the TV to watch some mindless cartoons, when Xiomara texted her to switch to the news station. She'd thought that maybe one of the AAAs was making an ass of themselves on live TV, but what she saw was a hell of a lot freakier. Dragon boy...Do the Dew Skateboard guy...And the weird plant stuff at the hospital and at her dad's house. This was not a coincidence. All of that weird news. The town that disappeared. Darcy hadn't taken much notice of anything because of the whole Belinda and baby thing, but now...Now she was wondering. The only thing that those two plant occurrences had in common was that she was there to witness them. But maybe...Maybe she was like the Dragon boy and the Skateboard guy. Maybe she was like them. But how? She'd never come into contact with radiation or pissed off a decrepit hag.

"God, what am I thinking?" She laughed, shaking her head and tossing one of the books to the other side of the couch. "There's no way. And no proof. This is probably some weird ass psychological experiment that the government is testing out--And now I sound like a conspiracy nut. Christ, I need to get help." She muttered with a nervous laugh, as she turned off the TV and headed to the bathroom. Moose padded along behind her, his tail wagging and his tongue lolling out.

Despite her mini pep talk and her brain rationalizing that there was no way in hell that super humans existed, Darcy just couldn't shake the feeling that something was up. She'd checked and the flower petals at her dad's house grew from a plant that couldn't even grow in the area due to the temperature. And the ivy at the hospital. What could explain that? "Your losing it, Moore." She muttered, as she shed her clothes and stepped into the shower. As usual, Moose curled up on the bath rug and awaited her 'return'. Standing in the shower, and letting the nearly hot water wash over her body, Darcy tried to relax, closed her eyes and banish the thoughts from her mind. Her mind was almost clear when a sudden rattling started up, and her eye snapped open. "What the hell?" She muttered, staring up at the shower head where the sound seemed to be originating from. Suddenly the shower head itself began to shake a little and Darcy let out a strangled yelp, jumping out of the shower and nearly trampling Moose who started barking like a maniac. As the shower head rattled, the sink faucet began to shake as well, until suddenly with a 'fwwmp!' sound, a fucking purple flower erupted from the shower head and faucet.

"What the fuck?!" Darcy screamed, stumbling backwards, dropping her towel and running stark naked out of the bathroom with Moose at her heels. But as she moved to the next room, more flowers--in different colors and shapes now--began to sprout from the floor boards. "Aah!" Darcy continued to scream trying to escape the flower fest that seemed to be following her wherever she went. Rushing back to her room, she grabbed a pair of shorts, a random shirt and her sneakers, before picking up Moose and high tailing it out of her apartment, leaving the door wide open behind her. She ran all the way to the parking lot and got into her car.

"What the hell just happened?" She whispered.​

Last edited:
Feeling Harmony take ahold of me I began to calm down significantly. It wasn't often that people hugged or even held me at all. The comforting feeling was beyond that of what I even expected. Never the less I knew that soon it would fade and I would be left in the same mindset I was in before. "Yeah, I know you are right. But, you have to remember one thing.. I have two people up here." I said and motioned to my head. "One is this..." She motioned to her body "I am well... normal like this." She said slowly before smirking slightly. "But, the true side of me comes out when... well lets say I get excited or worked up in any way. Its like some sort of reaction... I got absolutely crazy and everything about me seems to do a 180." I noted before she made me stand up straight.

When she spoke to me about my beauty and of everything going on right now involving us all it was something that made me begin to reflect once more on what I was in all of this. Simply nodding to her I walked out behind her and turned my head towards the Alphas that stared at the two of us. My eyes met with one of them and something inside of my eyes must have mad him turn his head instantly. Smirking slightly I turned my head forward once more and followed Harmony. When she asked about the Tv I sat down in an empty booth and half reclined to watch it. Although hungry my mind prevented me from eating anything at the moment. I was to focused on everything I had said and especially what was playing on the TV.

Watching carefully I couldn't help but feel far smaller than I originally invisioned myself. To have the power to turn a skateboard into a bottle of mountain dew... that was absolutely brilliant. To get ahold of that person and figure out how their body has manifested that ability would be an absolute wonder for her. Shaking the thought out of her head she let out a groan and put her head down. I was beginning to get into my creepy Bio-Engineering mode of wanting to see how people Tick. It was a horrible thought process but amuseing in almost all situations but... now it was morbid enough to make me twitch and squirm.

Looking up I saw Harmony look over at me. Taking it as a sign of her thoughts on what we all had just seen I got up and walked over to where she had sat down. Sitting down for a split second I turned towards both Erza and Harmony "Im going to walk home alright. Do not worry about me at all. Trust me.. I can handle myself well enough considering some of my past. Actually... I think its best if I stay here for now." I let out with a slight sigh at the end. Getting up I returned my booth and sat down. Finally getting something to eat I felt like I hadn't eaten in days. Not careing if it was weird that someone like myself could eat as much as I did. Finishing after a few minutes I felt satisfied enough to relax slightly.

Aidan
I immediately recognized Harmony, Aka, Kay-Kay. She was definitely cute, but she had this look of intensity about her. More, so, she had this strange look in her eyes, almost like mistrust or an accusatory glance. When our eyes met, an image flashed in front of my eyes, followed by several more until a sharp pain stopped it.

"Ah!"

I gasped out in pain as I gripped my head, that dull ache intensifying briefly before returning to the same throbbing pressure. Was that...no. I didn't even try to use it, it just triggered! I looked down at the table, my breathing a little heavy. What the hell? First my memory, now this? Now I certain, whatever was going on with me was directly linked to my ability.

"Damn it...sorry, just got a migraine. Uhm, you haven't missed much. I mean, nothing is coming to mind, at least."

I had thus far managed to essentially avoid telling her what was going on, or rather, letting her know how frightened I was becoming. The images were lasting longer now, flashing in front of me at random times. It was almost like an overload. Most of the information I had obtained from Erza the first time was gone, but, some still lingered.

An image I recognized as my own flashed before me, a large familiar looking man standing over me. I could feel my hands bound with something, wire, I think. He was asking me questions, I couldn't really make them out. There was a young woman across from me. She looked like she'd been getting beaten. I looked into her eyes, and the memory ended.

I realized I'd been snapped out of it when Erza touched my hand. I exhaled slowly, realizing I'd been holding my breath. I managed a tired smile, taking her hand in mine.

"I know, don't worry. I'm fine. I'll figure it out. This whole ordeal we've been facing. It's...just exhausting."
Erza frowned, her expression pensive as she watched Aiden in pain. She felt almost guilty that she didn't understand the way he and apparently others were feeling. She clutched his hand tightly, wishing that she could just make everything easier. She spoke quietly, her accent lilting with her words,"I wish I could do something to make it easier. I've never been the best example of dealing with pain, but I'm here if you need me."

Suddenly her ears perked up and she turned her head to note the alpha's were causing her friends a bit of trouble. She watched them call at them like hyenas and a single twitch of her lip was the only indication that she was planning broken bones in the future. She was just about to teach them a lesson when a friend came into her direct view.

The gang arrived and Damion waved back as he watched Erza wave at him upon entering the diner. He was still waiting on the man's order but had bee himself too distracted to even begin to feel impatient. It was then that Destiny walked over and revealed his customer to be a current teacher at Omni high and one Damion had never met before.

"Hey you," Damion replied to Harmony as he jotted down her order. He chuckled at her phone jab and couldn't believe he was about to say the ridiculous truth of the matter, "sorry, I haven't been feeling all there today. If that makes any sense. Plus, I forgot my phone at the dorms," he said as he wrinkled his nose in an sort of I know, I know, it happened again type of signal.
Damion gave his customer, now known as Mr. Pierce from Omni High but Damion wasn't sure he should be addressing him as such... Anyways, Damion gave him a last glance but it seemed the guy wasn't ready to order, "Eh, actually I wasn't supposed to be working today but I asked dad If I could help out. I didn't feel like staying locked up in my dorm after the day I've been having. Err... which I guess means, I can get off at any point I see fit," he gave her a wavering look as he glanced over to his dad.

It wasn't long before Harmony was taken away by more pressing matters, and Damion walked back towards the counter to place her order. He sent one of the waitresses over to Mr.Pierce from Omni High just in case he was ready to order and he himself forced himself back to the hated frat table. No onions on the burger this time. He sighed. He passed by the crowded table of familiars and noted Erza looking cozy with a guy, but didn't linger long to pay much attention. The frat boys awaited.

"Here ya go. No onions," this time he nearly sped walked away from them before they could say anything and he headed towards the safety of his friendly connections.

"What can I get for you?" He asked the group in general, but was careful to give Erza a look. Yeah. The naughty-girl-wink-wink look but it was mostly a bad joke. He was overcompensating for failing to be a good friend lately. Somebody give him a break. He wasn't exactly social savvy and overcompensating is what seemed like the best choice to him, the poor soul.
Erza looked up at Damien with a wide smile, and gave a quick blush beneath his naughty-girl wink. She didn't mind being a bit soft in front of one of her best buddies. He was another reason she didn't fall off the deep end when Mac...She was eternally grateful for him being her friend and would do anything to help him if he needed it. She looked over his demeanor immediatly knowing something was up. He looked tired, almost like Aiden. Of course though she would have to make him go through hell and back to admit it so she remained silent, and spoke in a fake Italian accent,

"How about your numba? Hot stuff? Haha Just kidding. Um two beers would be great, and when you get off take one for yourself as well. Oh and a burger and fries. I am so hungry! So what's up how have you been? Anyone..."

She paused, her eyes turning to look at the group of invalids behind him,"Giving you any trouble?"

She watched him evenly, whilst rubbing her thumb lightly against Aiden's when her eyes turned to the news cast. She caught the last few lines before her eyes found Kay-Kays. Not a single sliver of fear went down her body, but the realization that the world was getting shot into the biggest shit storm of the century was beginning to plow her into a bender. As Harmony came to sit beside her, she felt comforted by her presence. She gave her a look for a few minutes before her green eyes met a scratched in ,"EDDY WAZ HERE!" How could everything remain so basically normal, when the world was falling apart. She was silent for a few minutes when a single drop of blood hit the Z on the table and her eyes widened. She felt a small tinge of copper on her lips and then let go of Aiden's hand to reach up and touch her nose. She pulled back her hand to see red. A long stream of red, that fell down her oil smeared hand. She watched as another drip hit the table. She reached for a tissue, covering herself as she looked over at Kay-Kay in astonishment. She had never had a nosebleed that wasn't warranted by a punch to the face. She spoke quietly, her eyes closing for a minute,"Ow..I guess I've just had too many punches to the face...or some...ughhh.."

Suddenly a spasm overcame her and she jumped up to smack her legs on the table and fall back into her spot. She whimpered, as a small drainage of blood ran down from her ears. She winced, her expression one of fear as she spoke quickly,"I ahh...need a moment...I'll be right back."

She stood up quickly making her way towards the bathroom, but instead darted out into the alleyway through the exit door. She took a step forward pulling off her jacket to see blood on her neck and t-shirt. She felt sick, pulling up her t-shirt to wipe away the blood as she took in a few breaths of air. She felt a tad dizzy but otherwise she seemed fine. As if the whole ordeal had never happened. She slumped against the brick building, and pulled out a single cigarette she had been harbouring for awhile. She put in her mouth and pulled out a lighter. She paused before lighting it, noting the shake of her hands. She shook quietly, before fighting her resolve and setting fire to the cancer stick. She sucked back the nicotine and then let out her worries and fear. She knew she should probably go back in there after her bloody show, but hiding away all this...change...was somewhat suffocating.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
Bella Marie Johnson
Nf8KECsm.jpg
Arriving at Bar Drop 9, Bella paid the cabbie. Smiling at Rick, she got out the cab. With Rick tailing behind her, she opened the bar's door. Heading to the bar, Bella saw her cousin making drinks. "Anna!" Bella ran over to her cousin, who in turn smirked at her. Anastasia Johnson was a badass, don't fuck with me, type of girl, and Bella loved her for that attitude. "What the hell are you doing here...and with a guy?" Clearing the bar table, Anna looked Rick up and down. She knew guys like him, guys who took advantage of naive little girls. She could be wrong about him, but like she would ever say that. Bella gave an annoyed face towards her cousin. "Oh, you're such a charmer Anna. This is Rick, Rick, this is my RUDE cousin Anna." Bella asked for a Mountain Dew, knowing that her cousin would never give her an alcoholic beverage. "I'll be back, I have to take care of PAYING customers." Bella watched as Anna walked away from her and Rick.

Sitting there talking with Rick, Bella was having a good time. She hadn't had a free hectic day since she discovered that she had powers. As the music played in the background, Bella started bopping her head to the song. "So do you think there's more people like us out there?" Even though she would rather talk about something other than this, that's all she could think about. There was probably a secret cult of Magical people, maybe someone drugged her and Rick with some weird new drug or something crazy like that. Bella had many crazy theories going on in her head. When the music died down, Bella turned her attention to the news reporter on the TV. They were talking about; flames, explosions, changing skateboards into...mountain dew. Bella looked at her soda can, setting it down on the bar top.

She watched as the news reporter went on talking about different supernatural phenomena happening all around. Well, now Bella knew that there were more gifted people roaming around. They were so reckless with their powers...they would get taken away and experimented on...which meant she could be found out also. Bella stood up, looking at Rick with her big doe eyes. "Rick, I'll talk to you later. Anna, see you later tonight." She waved to her cousin, who gave her a weird look and just shrugged it off. Bella called up a cab, she needed to get home and do some research on these "Magic Acts" the reporter was talking about.

Interaction(s): @HellHoundWoof
Enrique looked around the bar, very modern. The music inside was very much not his style, he preferred the sketchier bars. The ones that had character, very drunk people, and a good rock and roll theme. As he looked around he heard Bella ask if there were others like them. He didnt say anything. He knew there had to be more, no way could two people be at random some of the most unique people on Earth. When the news came on he felt his heart jump. People like him were showing up, people with way better control of their powers. Which meant that these people had been around longer, that meant he and Bella werent the first.

"Shit," He said under his breath. He heard Bella say something about having to leave and he was a bit to excited about the probability of more people like him and Bella. He looked up as Bella walked outside and said she'd talk to him later. He didnt think too much about it, it was all very crazy. He reached into his pocket to check the time and realized that he and Bella hadnt even celebrated. He decided he'd spend the rest of the night in the bar, and probably get wasted. He looked up at the bartender, she and Bella were related so he definitely wouldnt be getting too drunk here. But she was cute. Tattooed, makeup, black hair, very cute.

"Can I get a whiskey?" Enrique said with a smile pulling out his wallet and taking a five out of it. His plan was to start drinking here, then leave after a few drinks. After that head down party street in the college area and get absolutely plastered. If he was lucky he'd wake up in his own apartment tomorrow.

harglow-jpg.63304

Destiny begins to have a mild panic attack as she begins to walk away from the diner, referring to us that she should leave. Midway, she changed her mind and begins to sit back down, apparently shaken by the stacking events coming together. I walk over to Des and place my hand on her shoulder before rubbing her thigh trying to calm her down.

"Like I'd let you walk anywhere, especially with your moods. Sit down. Relax."

I turn back towards Erza and Aiden, whom I still didn't wish to engage about what was going on with us. For all I knew he was using Ezzy for some freak story to tell to his buddies. She caresses his hand slowly as I try to focus on the news and these strange reports going out all over the country. This has to be some elaborate hoax right? Maybe just a coincidence that this was all happening at once? And just like that I had entered a stage...denial. I was about to say something when Erza begins to drip blood from her nose, much to everyone's dismay. She'd never had nosebleeds naturally, so immediately our minds alluded to the one thing is could possibly be: her abilities. I look at Destiny as the blood resumes on Erza, her reaching for a tissue and looking at me like we just found out Justin Timberlake was in town.

Ezzy: "Ow..I guess I've just had too many punches to the face...or some...ughhh.."

Suddenly she spasms jumps up to smack her legs on the table and fall back into her spot. Blood then started from her ears and started to draw attention from the entire diner at her outburst. I instantly put my arms around her and she broke away softly in her casual stubborn and strong manner. She rises with me in tow.

Ezzy: "I ahh...need a moment...I'll be right back."

I follow Erza out the back into the night streets of Omni. All of a sudden the city seems real Batman-ish, complete with a beautiful lit night sky and scenery, and also the drab and dark feel you get being out in the air. The world was transforming before our very eyes. Erza takes off her jacket at the revelation of spilled blood and starts smoking. I listen for anyone else coming and I take the time to try to calm Ezzy.

"I think your body may be rejecting the material composites that you've been absorbing. You have to pop a lid on your abilities until I can dig further okay? That means NO use. I don't care if I'm being held at gunpoint by Hitler the Third, NO. USE. I can't have anything happen to you, I can't lose you...this world is getting crazy enough, and I'm scared. I'm scared Erza so we can't be stupid."

I decided to leave her be for now. I open the door to walk back inside the diner. Even without her abilities she was a stone cold beast that could take care of herself. I look back at her once more before entering in, feeling strange at all of this as well. My emotions were running high and my senses sharper than ever with all of this photonic energy coursing through me.

"I got a feeling things are going to change. We're all we've got. It needs to stay that way."

• Love
Reactions: Mewmewcatfish
"I-I guess . . . as long as she knows what she's doing," he replied to Harmony's suggestion. "What a day, huh? Sorry for causing all this trouble for you. Twice you had to save me; I owe you, like, two." He chuckled.

Harmony gestured to the booth where Erza and her boyfriend were sitting, allowing him to sit beside Erza with her on the other side. He felt squished between the two girls. He wasn't very huge nor was it uncomfortable either, but he would have liked to not have to tuck his shoulders in so all three of them could fit. Destiny entered a few moments later and Harmony volunteered to accompany her to the bathroom, giving Isaac some wiggle room.

"What can I get for you?"

"Coffee," he replied to the waiter.

Harmony returned a few minutes later. She looked at the TV, asking the man sitting next to it to increase the volume. Isaac and everyone else in the diner turned their full attention to the screen as the CNN headlines flashed before them. The first story was about Dragon Boy, the reporter showing footage of the boy lighting a man on fire. Isaac was about to look away but the station then switched to a less . . . graphic story about another boy somehow turning a skateboard into a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Isaac could disregard the skateboard trick if he wanted to; he had seen a few birthday party magicians when he was younger. Dragon Boy, however . . . it was bad enough hearing about it, but seeing him actually perform that trick? If that footage really wasn't tampered with, then does that mean there were others? Others who were also experiencing the same phenomena he was experiencing? But . . . it wasn't the same, right? You can actually see the fire coming out of his mouth, while whatever was happening to him was all happening in his head. His jaw tensed so hard he felt like his teeth might crack.

Erza turned to their waiter and asked for a beer, then after a few moments her nose started to bleed. She quickly applied a handful of napkins to her bleeding nose, sharply twitched, and soon blood was leaking from her ears. Isaac's eyes bulged from their sockets; never had he seen blood coming out of anyone's ears. As if his body decided to play some sick joke, his own ears started to itch.

"She okay?" he asked the guy sitting across him stupidly as Harmony stood up once more and led Erza out of the diner. A few minutes later, Harmony returned.

"Here, if she needs more." He pushed the napkin holder closer to Harmony. He shuddered at the memory of blood coming out of places it should not be coming out of. "It looked serious."

"I got a feeling things are going to change. We're all we've got. It needs to stay that way."

"No kidding," he muttered. He paused for a second. "By the way ―" he turned to Harmony, his eyes narrowing slightly. "—What did Erza mean by 'shouldn't be humanly impossible'?"

• Love
Looking up when Harmony spoke I realized what she was talking about considering my moods and I just nodded. Everything seemed to go crazy once more with Erza getting a bad nose bleed. I didn't see anything overly wrong with it at first and simply looked over at Harmony. Although I didn't see much wrong with it Harmony seemed but more worried about it than I was which began to make me think otherwise. When Erza and Harmony got up I remained in my seat to just put my head down. I felt like everything was moving and I knew that I needed to take a break from looking around.

I let out a groan and half sat up to take a breather only to realize more time had passed than I thought. I saw Harmony coming back inside and I stood up as she began to talk. "Yeah, I... I know what you mean Harmony but I think its best if we all head home. I myself am exausted and I feel like I am going to be sick again. Its like my head is slowly down and speeding up and slowing down everything and then it just stops almost entirely for a few seconds. I think I am having a really bad freak out." I said before closing my eyes and taking a very deep breath "I am going to head outside with Erza then." I said as I made my way outside.

Leaving Erza to pull herself together I moved towards a bench and sat down as I pulled my head together. I didn't feel nearly as sick now that I was able to look up into the sky. Not nearly as many bright lights making my head scream. Although I enjoyed my ability of speed... atleast what it seems like to me I do wish that I could fly. To me, that would be the most amazing way of traveling from location to location and espcially at a speed that people wouldn't be able to see so you would never need to worry about anything again since no one would be able to see you.

Letting my head rest back more and more as I seemed to melt in the seat I closed my eyes and began to almost half asleep. "You can come sit here then if you want Erza." I said before letting myself drift farther and farther into a relaxed mindset which was more or less a god send at this time.

"How about your numba? Hot stuff? Haha Just kidding. Um two beers would be great, and when you get off take one for yourself as well. Oh and a burger and fries. I am so hungry! So what's up how have you been? Anyone..."

She paused, her eyes turning to look at the group of invalids behind him,"Giving you any trouble?"
"I'll get all that right away and then join you. Truth is, I wasn't even supposed to work today but I felt like working a bit today." Damion turned to look in the same direction after her pause and then answered, "Ah, you know, I don't take it personal," he smiled weakly before offhandedly saying, "frat boys will be frat boys until they grow up."

Damion wrote down the rest of the orders and momentarily left the group to place the orders. He was getting everything ready when Harmony called out to his father about something on T.V. Damion didn't pay much attention, after all, he was an easily distracted fellow and at the moment he was focusing on not dropping everything he was carrying. He set down everyone's orders, but it wasn't until he looked up to ask if they needed anything else that he noticed their silence. He turned to look at the T.V. screen that held everyone's attention and soon it also held his.

For the most part he thought it ridiculous. However, it bothered him that it was happening on the news. The real and legitimate news. "Impossible," he whispered under his breath. By the time he turned to the group to make a comment Erza was already dashing away from the table with Harmony in tow.

Beer in hand, Damion pulled up a chair and took a seat. He felt a little awkward and wasn't sure if speaking about the news with the still seated group was appropriate. Actually, he just didn't know how to begin a conversation without sounding unnatural or like he was trying too much. Harmony and Erza spoiled him by leading the conversations most of the time.
"Looks fake doesn't it?" was the most intelligent line he settled on.

harglow-jpg.63304

It seems that Isaac caught the last part of Erza and I's conversation, asking his input among the pool of confusion and awe that this diner was facing with the latest headlines.

Isaac: "By the way ― What did Erza mean by 'shouldn't be humanly impossible'?"
"Huh? What do you mean Isaac...?"

I tilted my head a bit both not understanding where he deduced that conversation from and also trying to throw the subject away from any and everything that isn't super magic powered beings. I was about to try to respond when Destiny continued to talk on adding in to what I had said previously.

Destiny: "Yeah, I... I know what you mean Harmony but I think its best if we all head home. I myself am exausted and I feel like I am going to be sick again. Its like my head is slowly down and speeding up and slowing down everything and then it just stops almost entirely for a few seconds. I think I am having a really bad freak out....I am going to head outside with Erza then."
"Yes, do that, because like I told you, no way I'd let you stroll home alone. Relax."

Destiny proceeds outside where Erza was and DayDay pulls up a chair and started to hang out with us. It made me smile on the inside. Surely he would add some levity to the table and pull my mind away from the craziness that's been happening the past week. I spotted a beer in his hand and raised my brow to him. I didn't drink or anything but I never pegged Day for the type either. Maybe it was just for show, maybe it was for one of us. I slid over and got inside the booth now that Des and Ezzy was gone and patted the seat where I was, pulling Damion in the booth also so he didn't have to be in the isle.

DayDay: "Looks fake doesn't it?"

Great.

"Oh, yeah...totally fake. They said the videos weren't tampered but come on with all the tech we have nowadays I'm sure there's some normalizing digital software that can mask things like that."

I had to change the subject. I did not want this on my mind right now.

"I really wish you'd return my texts Day...I mean you text Erza back..I was kinda worried about you earlier. Sorry I left you in the cafeteria but Destiny is having girl issues....as you can see. I leave for Texas tomorrow night for the volleyball tournament, but maybe we could hang out some more after class if you can't tonight?"

I tried to sound as non jealous as possible. I wasn't jealous, just...okay maybe it was jealousy but whatever. I returned a look at Boyband and passed off a casual look. I could see the fatigued disdain on Isaac's face. I sighed at him in a way that told him I felt his pain, then blew a hair strand from my forehead. This night was growing thin really fast. I think I was ready to press the fast forward button, if only I had one.

"And Damion? I'll take that lemonade now please :) "

I suddenly felt a twinge on the inside of me. Like...flickering.

"You know, that thing Erza said before we got here," he gestured awkwardly, trying to help Harmony remember. "I mean a lot, and a lot, did happen today but she said that right after the Prescott incident. Remember?"

Harmony opened her mouth to respond until Destiny interrupted with her wish to go home, standing up and heading outside to join Erza. Harmony then pulled their waiter to sit with them, chatting with him about the news report and some other things. Must be good friends based on how she was talking to him. She looked at Erza's boyfriend then at him, sighing and blowing a strand of hair from her face.

He sighed in a similar manner, bowing his head once. It's like she was ignoring his question. She probably didn't even understand it; like anyone could even try to understand anyways. He took one sip of his coffee. Bland. The best coffee, in his opinion, was his stepmom's coffee. The right amount of coffee, milk and sugar. It was so delicious and made him feel happy whenever she made it. He's made it himself numerous times, but it just wasn't the same.

Harmony's friend went to go get her something to drink; Isaac watched him go then he noticed something weird. At the frat boys' table, the biggest of them kept on stretching his leg, like his entire body could barely fit in the booth. Numbers, angles, appeared around the bend of his knee: seventy-seven degrees, one-hundred ten degrees, eighty-two degrees, so on and so on. The waiter would come around from their end, carrying a ten ounce glass of lemonade chilled to thirty-two degrees with enough lemon juice to give it that tart flavor. He would trip on the frat boy's leg, spilling lemonade on his friends, leading to a confrontation.

Isaac blinked rapidly, rubbing his eyes as things returned to normal. "Um, Harmony, your friend, Day is it?" he was most likely wrong on the waiter's name, but he went with it. He fidgeted in his seat. "Maldita . . . . keep-keep an eye out, just in case something happens."

Reactions: ch0sen1
Status
Not open for further replies.