HiPer: High Powered Persons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man, this was phenomenal. The music blasted so loud with bass from the speakers that I think for a slight moment I went deaf. At this point everyone was trying to come up on the second floor balcony where we were, just to get a glimpse...or even to get in on this monstrous fun that was a dance circle. I had moves for days, and I wasn't about to be shy about it. Kendra could move too....in that shake to the beat kind of way. My teammates surrounded us as we all jumped and moved to the beat. This DJ was sick indeed, heard he was some big time name now, but graduated from UMet so he comes back every year to shut it down. Alexa and Kasey grab around me as they jump with me. Smiles, laughs, screams....this was amazing. The fratmates were turning people away by the dozens as they attempted to come upstairs. They were really pretentious when it came to their frat house, no games. Some guys approaches me and starts to dance on me, and I return with a festive engagement. He attempts to place one hand around my waist while balancing a beer in the other. I politely moved his hand back to his side and continued dancing on him, a look of hurt ego on his face. He slightly stumbles at my thrusts and I cease my motion. I had always had this rule of thumb to stop dancing with guys that couldn't "handle the sway" as mom says.....no idea what that means though.

Then I thought about that one friend everyone needs. That sister I never had. Ezra. I respected her so much. After senior prom, Grant, the love of my life (so I thought) and childhood friend just dumps me. We ALL used to hang out, him, Ezzy, myself, a few other popular kids and some others. He never explained why, just left. I was crushed. Mom talked me through it, cries and cuddles on the couch with some ice cream. Ezra? Sat my ass down all night, and was there for me, going off on how Grant was trash and a no good man that didn't deserve me. I paraphrased her words a great deal. No lecture, no lesson, just tears and her aggressive love for me. Then she gave me ice cream after. She never told me what I wanted to hear unless it was justified. She always tells me the most compassionate yet truthful answers that I NEEDED to hear. She was a great friend. We talked when we could, but lately we both were so busy with life. Me, college, and hers was school as well and trying to keep her life intact finding a roommate. I take out my phone and shoot a quick text over to her. My face frowned as I did. We always kept in touch at least every other day, and times were distant.

Text to: Ezra-> 'Hey...probably not going to be able to talk tonight :/ at the Pride Circle Party and idk when we're leaving. Don't worry I'm being smart and safe so I'll ttyl. Don't hesitate to call if you need me!
@Mewmewcatfish

My teammates who wasn't dancing furiously were engaged in conversation with some other athletes. Football players, basketball, a few baseball....heck...is that the fencing squad? I look over to see a young man mingling amongst the others as well. A more unkempt looking fellow with dark hair and a rugged but clean look. He looked fresh out of a boy band actually. A hand then touches my shoulder as I turn around to see a familiar face. Damien Jackson. He graduated a year before me and I had heard he went into a cooking job of some sort. In high school he always had the best snacks, guy could cook his ass off....but he never stood up to my mom's pumpkin spice cupcakes from her bakery. Damien was more of a nerd than anything. Comics, tech, all that...which is why he was cool to me. He wasn't afraid to be himself, and he made me more comfortable with who I was as well. I was so used to being an athlete girl, but he helped me see I was more.

Damien: "Hey Katrina, Don't know if you remember me but It's Damien, we were good friends in high school"
"Boy shut up! How could I forget you I missed you how've you been!?"

I hug Damien with joy as he still looks the same as I remember. Young, innocent, and rather unintimidating. He smiles coyly as can see he's a bit nervous or uncomfortable. My teammates tease as they watch us catch up. Suddenly a fratmate comes up and turns Damien around from the shoulder.

Fratmate: "Hey you can't be up here....this is only for affiliates."
"It's cool, he's with me."
Fratmate: "Oh, alright that's fine then.."

The fratmate walks away into the massive crowd on the second floor balcony. I give Damien a shrug and a smile. These boys can be pretty stern at times. Especially while in a frat, with egos and senses of entitlements. Ugh.

"So Damien, do you go here? Last I heard you worked at the diner in town as a cook? You always were good with food. How have we not talked in a whole year??"

He was about to speak when he was bumped hard by someone in the crowd. He flings into me as I wrap my arms around him to catch him and sustain his fall, almost stumbling myself. Some stranger I never seen before rises off of Damien, immediately showing his remorse. He apologizes and raises his hands in relief. The crowd backs away and mistakenly interprets it for an altercation. Ooooh's wave through the crowd as the ignorant teens start a basis that there was a fight about to ensue.

Crowd: "Ohhh he just pushed him!!....Fight! Fiiiiiiiiiiiight!"

I respond to the remorseful person, yelling over the music as I do so.

"It's okay!! No worries! Damien you okay?"

Fratmate: "Hey what the hell!?"
"It was just a misunderstanding, he bumped him on accident.!
Alexa: "Orrrr he was fighting over you hehe"
"Haha shush Lex!"
Fratmate: "Alright we gotta get some of these people off the balcony. Move! If you're not Alpha Omega Psi, a fine ass babe, or someone we know get the fuck off the balcony!! GO!"

I look at the boys with a shrug and a sympathetic face as the Alphas begin to move stragglers from the second floor balcony. I wanted to go down with them, but I was afraid the wolves below would tear us apart if we did so, plus I wanted to catch up with my old nerdy friend. Well, it was a massive party, I'm sure we'd each other later. My senior teammates pull me back over with them as they bunch up and we continue to move and chat to the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Dapper Mog
This was the third night in a row Gabriel had gone to this bar.

If he was being accurate, it was the third night in the row this month. A routine for the past five years or so. Walk in, order a beer, try to get up the nerve to talk to a girl, order another beer, lather rinse repeat. Sometimes he got lucky. Most times he didn't.

Occasionally he got a girlfriend. None of them had lasted more than a month.

After a couple of years he'd stopped trying to talk to the women there. It didn't seem worth it anymore. Besides, nearly all of them were younger than him to an extent that he was uncomfortable with: part and parcel of the bar being near a few colleges. Still, he didn't feel like passing up on the cheap booze. Not yet, anyway.

The bar was oddly empty tonight. From what he'd seen and heard on his way here, a lot of the students were throwing parties. Probably a fraternity or sorority thing, he didn't know; he hadn't been to college in over ten years.

Should he leave? He wasn't sure. Leaving meant going back to his apartment. Not a big deal normally, but with only an armchair, a table and a bed for furniture, right now it felt even emptier than the bar. On top of that, if he went back now he'd have to face the pages of scribbled music which cried out for words to complete them and the stack of unreturned library books on his table...

He got up and headed out of the bar. Maybe a walk would make him feel better.

After a while something caught his eye: several young men unloading band equipment from their vehicles and carrying them into the nearest building. Its lights were on and the music coming from it was so loud he could feel the bass rhythm vibrating through the ground; someone had obviously arranged for a live performance.

Looking at the microphone stand one of the boys was carrying brought back memories. He'd stay around to watch the band, hopefully without sticking out like a sore thumb to the college kids. Just as soon as he figured out where the stage was.

[BCOLOR=transparent]The gaggle of girls continued down the sidewalk, closing in on the University and party area. Other groups passed them every so often, usually girls but the occasional male or males that took the opportunity to cat call or simply wink and send a few of Faris's roommates into fits of blushes and giggles. She would smile, but at the other girls' reactions. She wasn't the type to be impressed by something like brazen flirting, though she was sure she'd encounter plenty of it tonight unfortunately. She required seeing something deeper in another person. It's why she never fit in with the rich kids she was supposed to be friends with. They didn't have the depth the lower class had.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her thoughts on this were interrupted however as the faint scent of blueberry hit her nose. Her tan skin wrinkled, and they started to pass a guy blowing smoke into the night air. The other girls stood a few feet off, walking around the figure wielding a longboard, but Faris hung back. One of her friends turned around, giving a sneer as she looked between her roommate and the rather average appearing male. "Um… you coming?" she asked, looking confused.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah, see you there," Faris said, hardly an emotion on her face. The blonde who had spoken rolled her eyes and continued on while Faris just walked next to tall man like she belonged there. After a moment of silence, she finally looked over at him with a smirk. "Lost?" she asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At first Baron made a nearly unnoticeable glance. Typically someone speaking to him meant quit smoking, don't walk here. Yet this was not the case. second he takes a drag from his e-cig while contemplating. "The name is Aaron. Lost could be a good word for it." Now noticeable attention was drawn to Faris. However he never skipped a beat while walking down the street.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris just continued looking over at the guy with eyebrow raised while they walked alongside each other, listening when he finally spoke. "I'm Faris," she started, about the invite him to the party.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Pleasure to meet you, I would bet you know the perfect place for the new guy in town to burn some time?" Aaron interrupted with a smile on his face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris hesitated, mouth parted when the guy interrupted her. She would have been angry normally but since he was polite about it, it was hard to fault him. So she smirked and gave a little shrug, looking ahead of her as they got closer to their destination. "Yeah, I do. Finding somewhere to crash after is all you though," she said, pushing some hair back and turning a corner onto a street where houses and apartments were lit up and loud.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Focus wasn't aimed at the houses surrounding them, more on the conversation and path ahead. "It took a little bit of travel to get to Missouri, I'll be ok on finding somewhere to sleep. So what are we looking at here?" Another drag was taken from his e-cig, as he waited for her response.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris saw her group of friends up ahead entering a large, campus house that had the front door perpetually open for the night, welcoming all freshman and stragglers, jocks and wannabe playboy bunnies. The girl just kept her arrogant smirk and looked back to the guy beside her. "Well, it's fresh meat day. All the new kids moving into their dorms… looking for a way to relax and… make friends before classes start," she said, obviously meaning something more than making friends by her tone of voice. She nodded towards the row of buildings across the street, waving her hand towards them half heartedly. "Feel free to pick your poison," she shrugged, her own eyes darting around, taking in the wild scene of young adults just starting their parties, honking cars, loud music, groups walking down the sidewalks and the first red cup tossed on a lawn.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aaron couldn't help from smirking when she said "fresh meat day". While entering the campus house property he places his e-cig into the nearest pocket of his military style backpack. Once Faris finished speaking, Aaron chuckled. "Sadly my poison is unlikely in a scene like this." Despite saying this Aaron was still occasionally scanning the area. Examining all the people walking around for utter brief moments. Subconsciously picking out individuals who may be easy pickpocket/gambling targets later tonight. "However that's never stopped me from adapting before. Which poison would you pursue? Also which college is this?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Faris raised an eyebrow when Aaron said he couldn't find his poison here. After all, if alcohol, drugs, and half naked girls weren't his vice, what was? She made a soft 'hmmm' sound under her breath, thinking to herself before he spoke up again. She looked over to the guy and her smirk returned, kicking her boots against the pavement a little as she turned her pace towards a house across the street. "I guess I better warn you now. I have a problem with rage," she admitted, very honestly, her necklace straightening and pressing its chain into the back of her neck and leaving a red mark while memories flashed in her mind, so that she never even noticed the metal's movement. "So alcohol… I suppose is mine. Makes me not hate everyone so much," she said with a little shrug, making her way into the yard and up the front steps with Aaron. "And welcome to Metro University's campus," she added on before the sound of thudding music pierced their ears. [/BCOLOR]
Aaron merely laughed faintly when Faris spoke of her rage. Vividly remembering several acquaintances with similar attributes. "Eh, I doubt your anger is anywhere near as bad as fools I've partied with in the past." By this time, Aaron was talking loudly, or at least with enough volume so Faris could hear him over the music. While people passed them, Aaron was social. Slapping high fives to others, occasionally asking passerby's for information on where certain things could be found. (Types of alcohol or even if someone looked the part, he would ask about illegal substances.) Although he kept accompanying Faris for the time being, despite making several deals to party with people later.

Reaching a packed kitchen room, Aaron spots several people wildly consuming alcohol along the counters. On the opposing side of the room, a table with more people drinking around it. "Looks like we found the alcohol. I'd say it's time to get friendly." Walking up to the counter he uses his longboard and wedges his way in-between people. Somehow granting enough space for him and Faris to stand along the counter.

Hitting both fists onto the kitchen counter, he gains some attention of those around him. "I've experienced parties in Cali, Vegas and Denver. It's time you kids show me how we party in Missouri." Reaching for a nearby shot-glass, he bumps into someone. Yet collision with someone nearby doesn't stop him from grabbing the shot. Once obtained, he proceeded to drink the shot of alcohol. Placing the empty shot-glass onto the table, another shot-glass is placed before himself.

Aaron merely laughed faintly when Faris spoke of her rage. Vividly remembering several acquaintances with similar attributes. "Eh, I doubt your anger is anywhere near as bad as fools I've partied with in the past." By this time, Aaron was talking loudly, or at least with enough volume so Faris could hear him over the music. While people passed them, Aaron was social. Slapping high fives to others, occasionally asking passerby's for information on where certain things could be found. (Types of alcohol or even if someone looked the part, he would ask about illegal substances.) Although he kept accompanying Faris for the time being, despite making several deals to party with people later.

Reaching a packed kitchen room, Aaron spots several people wildly consuming alcohol along the counters. On the opposing side of the room, a table with more people drinking around it. "Looks like we found the alcohol. I'd say it's time to get friendly." Walking up to the counter he uses his longboard and wedges his way in-between people. Somehow granting enough space for him and Faris to stand along the counter.

Hitting both fists onto the kitchen counter, he gains some attention of those around him. "I've experienced parties in Cali, Vegas and Denver. It's time you kids show me how we party in Missouri." Reaching for a nearby shot-glass, he bumps into someone. Yet collision with someone nearby doesn't stop him from grabbing the shot. Once obtained, he proceeded to drink the shot of alcohol. Placing the empty shot-glass onto the table, another shot-glass is placed before himself.
Aidan
tumblr_mr5ax0uO451sybyiwo1_500.jpg
It didn't take long for Benn and I to arrive at our destination. The place wqs already packed, which was to be expected. Benn was just grinning like a madman, hyped off what he already knew about the parties here. We parked a good two blocks out and made our way into the thick of the party.

There were so many people there already, it astounded me to no end. My eyes continued to catch glimpses of beautiful women from the University. Ine of them had just begun to dance, putting on a slight show by herself. I found myself watching her move for a couple minutes before I caught myself and diverted my attention.

Suddenly Benn grabbed me and screamed over the music to me.

"Dude! You wanna make a name for yourself?! We just got an offer to play here tonight! We just gotta call the boys and have them bring the gear!"

I suppose the look I gave him was one of surprise, because he just laughed and patted my back.

"I got you, bro! Meet at the main stage in the building next door and we'll set up in an hour!"

With that he bailed. I would have to admit that this made me nervous. Performing for strangers who I'd likely never encounter. These people on the other hand I'd be attending University with. I would see many of them on a daily basis. If I screwed up somehow...

No, thinking like that was pointless. I'd performed now dozens of times. We'd do great. In the mean time, I figured I may as well just hang out for a bit. I grabbed a drink, mingled a little with a few ladies. They were apparently all members of the school's volleyball team. Very attractive ladies to be sure.

Now I just had to wait for Benn and the others. I was always far more comfortable with a microphone in my hands and a crowd in front of me.
Faris just bit the corner of her upper lip and rolled her eyes when Aaron downplayed her admittance of rage. Everyone underestimated her. It wasn't surprising, coming from a guy, to think a short albeit not tiny girl could hardly be a threat. She hoped she would never have to prove him wrong. It's not like she wanted to be a bitch or angry all the time. It was just… inside of her. She could hardly help it too that most people around her were idiots. Some people were just asking for it.

She mingled though staying close to her new found friend, running into one of her roommates who was grinding against some guy with a rather unruly beard that Faris mentally named 'Lumberjack'. Faris just raised a brow and smirked, talking to her for a bit while overhearing faintly Aaron talking to others about where to pick up some unsavory substances. She just flashed him an amused look, though she had no idea if he saw it or not, ignoring a few of the looks up and down she got when sliding past men to get to the kitchen. Luckily, none had gotten too handsy so she didn't have to teach them how to be gentlemen. When bass reverberated through intoxicated or just 'high on life' bodies, an electricity always felt present, one that could scoop you up and make you into someone else before you even realized what you were doing.

On the way into the kitchen though, Faris bumped into a guy leaving and frowned heavily. "Hey, watch it, Jack," she growled, eyeing him a little. The guy was cute despite his wild hair but by the way a few girls kept trying to vie for his attention, Faris automatically judged him as a player. Especially when one girl, who looked rather sporty, leaned against him. "You've got something on you, might want to… shoo it away before you catch something," she grinned, obviously being rude on purpose before moving into the kitchen just a few steps away. When she did, she saw Aaron starting to put down shots, and a sloppy guy next to him get bumped. The dude tripped on his feet with a loud laugh and turned, spilling his own shot on Faris's chest area. Even though everything in the room kept moving- the music blared, the people laughed and drank- everything stood still and silent for Faris. She stood with her lips parted, slowly forming into a look of disgust. "ASSHOLE!" she cursed at him, rearing back her arm and letting her fist fly and hit the man square in the eye. Suddenly, the room was turning towards the commotion she was creating, and what were apparently two of the guy's bros ran up and began yelling, one checking on their friend now on the ground holding his face, and the other in Faris's personal space. She simply began yelling back about how his friend needed to watch himself, spilling shit on her, and the man lifted a hand to smack her across the face.

Aidan
I was enjoying the chance to chat with my peers, talking about school and the party, even myself, for a few seconds. I was able to promote Fate some more, even gave out a few wristbands that my bandmates made for advertising. I was having a great time and hadn't even been on stage yet.

One of the volleyball chicks was talking to me when another young woman bumped into me. She told me to watch out or something, like I had been the one moving. One of the girls then decided to lean on me, and I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy feeling her against me, but I wasn't exactly anxious to pick up some random girl at a party.

The one who bumped into me made a comment about the other girl, whom didn't appreciate it much as she just scoffed and walked away muttering whatever under her breath. I chuckled and shook my head following her into the kitchen, where I witnessed the unfortunate abuse of some alcohol. At least it went to a good place. The young woman's chest. If we could all be so fortunate.

More unfortunate however was the altercation that broke out. The guy who spilled the drink on her was on the ground, his friend about to take a swing at her. Ordinarily, I wouldn't get involved, but, hitting women is a dick move. Besides, she intrigued me. I moved forward and caught his arm, pulling him back a bit.

"Woah! Chill, man. Not worth it. He had it coming! Just get another drink and enjoy the party!"

I figured he must have at least somewhat agreed as he shrugged me off and went back to get another drink. A couple other guys helped him up and pulled the spiller away. He seemed happy again once he was reloaded. Some people just shouldn't drink.

I turned to the girl, smiling a bit with a fake look of irritation across my face.

"I am many things, miss. But, Jack ain't one of them. I'm Aidan. What do people usually call you prior to you punching them?"

[bg=#ffffff]
Bella Marie Johnson[/bg]
[bg=#ffffff][/bg]
[bg=#ffffff][/bg]
[bg=#ffffff]
fA3BE7x.jpg

[/bg]
[bg=#ffffff][bg=#ffffff][/bg][/bg]​
[bg=#ffffff][bg=#ffffff]

Bella was all dressed up for tonight. She didn't know what was going to happen. Were they even going to get in? Well with Marisa, anythings possible. Bella checked her hair and make up. She wanted to look a little older; maybe if she looked older then her age and not 11 she wouldn't have any problems. Bella shrugged her shoulders. Her phone rang while she was walking down the stairs.

"Hey Risa." "Are you ready Bell?" "Yes, this better be an amazing party." "It's going to be legendary!" Bella heard people in the background yelling. "Marisa who else is with you?" "You know, Lacey, Tommy and Trent." Great. Now Bella had to awkwardly avoid talking to Trent, the whole ride. Trent is Bella's ex-boyfriend/worst mistake ever. Trent is also Marisa's 19 year old brother.

Bella just shook it off. "Come on Bell, you promised Risa." Bella got her purse and walked out of her parent's house when she heard a car horn. Bella spotted Marisa's car. "Bell, hurry the hell up! The party already started, gosh." Bella rolled her eyes, she got in the shot gun seat. She was glad she didn't have to sit next to Trent.

Everyone said their, "Hi's! Hey Bells!" Trent just smiled at Bella, who in turn started to blush bright red. Bella turned back around to the window. "This is going to be too much fun!" Bella just nodded her head yeah. Lacey shot her hand up to the car radio. She started to play with the radio, until she found a song she liked.

"I Love this song! Get on your knees, get on your knees, get your knees. Baby just get on your knees. On your knees!" Everyone started to sing, even Bella after awhile. Maybe this wouldn't be to awkward. Bella turned towards Marisa. "So who's party is this?!" "It's a frat party, Trent is friends with one of the frat guys!" Bella eyes bulged out of her head. Marisa did this on purpose. She knew Bella would have said no, if she knew Trent was friends with the guy and he was going.

Bella avoided turning towards Trent, she didn't want to say anything to him right now. "Ok where here! Let me park...then let's go crazy." Marisa parked the car and then everyone got out. Bella saw the frat house, it was amazing. They walked up to the door, the frat guy looked at everyone. When he looked at Bella he gave a confused look. She knew that she would look the youngest, no matter what she wore.

Trent whispered to the guy, who then started to smile. "Ok everyone go in!" Tommy walked by the guy, "Thanks handsome." The frat guy face turned red, as he walked away. Bella started to laugh. "Tommy why did you do that?" "What? He is cute." Bella loved her friends, she just wished Trent wasn't here. As everyone started to mingle with people, Bella was feeling thirsty. "Guys! I'll be right back, need something drink." Marisa walked over to Bella. "Just don't leave your drink out of your sight." "Ok...mom." "Hey!"

Bella walked around trying to find the kitchen, when she did find it, she saw people arguing and fighting. Some girl was giving it to some drunk guy. Bella liked to see girls stand up for themselves. Bella was about to jump in, when she saw the drunk guy's friend about to hit the girl but some other guy helped her. That was nice Bella thought. She then went to look for something to drink. After she found a coke, she went over to the girl. "I think what you did was cool, drunks like him deserve that. Your nice for helping her to, guy." Bella said to the both of them as she walked back to find her friends.
[/bg]
[/bg]

Last edited:
This was the third night in a row Gabriel had gone to this bar.

If he was being accurate, it was the third night in the row this month. A routine for the past five years or so. Walk in, order a beer, try to get up the nerve to talk to a girl, order another beer, lather rinse repeat. Sometimes he got lucky. Most times he didn't.

Occasionally he got a girlfriend. None of them had lasted more than a month.

After a couple of years he'd stopped trying to talk to the women there. It didn't seem worth it anymore. Besides, nearly all of them were younger than him to an extent that he was uncomfortable with: part and parcel of the bar being near a few colleges. Still, he didn't feel like passing up on the cheap booze. Not yet, anyway.

The bar was oddly empty tonight. From what he'd seen and heard on his way here, a lot of the students were throwing parties. Probably a fraternity or sorority thing, he didn't know; he hadn't been to college in over ten years.

Should he leave? He wasn't sure. Leaving meant going back to his apartment. Not a big deal normally, but with only an armchair, a table and a bed for furniture, right now it felt even emptier than the bar. On top of that, if he went back now he'd have to face the pages of scribbled music which cried out for words to complete them and the stack of unreturned library books on his table...

He got up and headed out of the bar. Maybe a walk would make him feel better.

After a while something caught his eye: several young men unloading band equipment from their vehicles and carrying them into the nearest building. Its lights were on and the music coming from it was so loud he could feel the bass rhythm vibrating through the ground; someone had obviously arranged for a live performance.

Looking at the microphone stand one of the boys was carrying brought back memories. He'd stay around to watch the band, hopefully without sticking out like a sore thumb to the college kids. Just as soon as he figured out where the stage was.
The girl simply looked at Maevah and pulled her hand free, shrugging. Maevah smiled faintly and gazed at her cell phone. Gale had responded with a short message, "Hey Maev, practice got cancelled tonight. Too many people didn't show already, and Ivy wasn't feeling well anyhow. See you tomorrow." She decided not to respond and her attention turned to some guys taking instruments and band equipment out of a van. There was a guy standing, watching them. This peaked her interest, and since she was already parked on the side of the road, she locked her doors and grabbed her keys, shoving them into her leggings small pocket.

She gracefully walked over to the guy, and stood beside him, watching the scene. "What's going on?" Maevah asked, hoping not to be intruding on anything.

Faris saw the hand coming towards her. A devilish grin moved onto her face in the seconds between when she was readying herself to block the blow and retaliate. Unfortunately, the idiot who had bumped her not a few moments earlier got between her and the moron who was about to get the worst beating of his life if not for this little savior. She growled, some knives in a wooden block over on a counter vibrating though no one actually noticed. Faris eyed the man who probably thought he had 'saved' her as he turned to her with a stupid expression on his face.

"Faris. And look… Aiden," she sneered, "I'm not a damsel in need of rescuing. I had that. I'm not one of the Barbie blonde easy good times you can impress…" she seethed, eyes burning with an angry fire behind them. She would have kept going if not for a blonde chick, in pink no less, flounced up to compliment her on punching the idiot. "Thanks, Pinky," Faris said usually nicknaming everyone she met. The girl did not look anything like her usual crowd, but Faris could accept a compliment on knocking a guy out. "If we don't stand up for ourselves, we deserve to get hit," adding her controversial opinion while throwing a glance back at Aiden that said she was still irritated by his actions, not pleased. She crossed her arms under her chest and sighed, looking past the two to see Aaron drinking away. Not fair. The tattooed woman shoved past Pinky and Playa to the counter right behind them. "I need a drink," she mumbled, filling a glass eagerly and sipping as she rubbed her forehead, a few people in the room still eyeing her like a freak. She turned back to the two P's, back leaning against the countertop as she attempted to rein back in all her hate. She liked a good party, but now her boobs smelled like booze and she was surrounded by stupid.

Aidan
Woah, what the hell? It figured that this chick was one of those defensive feminist types. There weren't many stereotype people that agitated me more than that one. There was no reason to act aggressively to assistance. Worse still, it drivea me nuts when someone assumes that just because someone helps you, that they believed you couldn't handle it.

I watched her turn away, getting herself a drink. I arched a brow, shaking my head before taking a step towards her.

"Faris, was it? I'm sensing that you mistook my help for some hero complex. Just because I helped doesn't mean I think you're a damsel in distress."

I leaned onto the counter, my supporting myself on an arm, grabbing a shot glass full of Jaegermeister, looking at her with a grin.

"And Hey, I'm all for equality, and you know what, if you are a woman and can fight, power to you. But that doesn't mean you should go looking for a fight or beating down everyone who looks at you wrong."

With that, I downed my shot, pivoted on my heel and walked away. I figured I may as well go ahead and make my way to the stage.

478443723-logan-lerman-attends-noah-germany-premiere-gettyimages.jpg

I smiled as i was happy that she remembered me from high school, i was a nobody in school so it's really cool that she still remembers me, she was friends with a lot of popular kids, she was one of the popular students, And i was a nobody, so i was pretty surprised when she said she did remember me. As we hug i patted her back two times like i always hugged people, well wasn't expecting the hug though.

"Boy shut up! How could I forget you I missed you how've you been!?"
"I've been good, I finished the book series you lent me, It was great."

I gave a short chuckle when she asked how i have been, she knew I was having a hard time without my brother, which she was one of the few people who i told. The last day of grade 12 for graduation, Katrina gave me a book series that i should read, it was ten books but they were really good. Even though Kat was really popular, she hung out with a nerd, so i find it cool that a popular kid would hang out with a unpopular that isn't picking on them or doing their homework. I then heard someone from my left side saying that it's only athletes, I was about to walk off when Kat said that i was with her, I gave her a gentle smile.

"So Damien, do you go here? Last I heard you worked at the diner in town as a cook? You always were good with food. How have we not talked in a whole year??"

"Yeah, this is my second year, isn't huge, love to this school. Yeah my fathers Diner, My dad hired me and gave me the job. Was that when I sneaked out My Crème brûlée from the kitchen or The Strawberry shortcakes. I dunno, I guess my school work piled up, guess I just been really, really busy. So what do you think about U Met?"

I then felt an impact into my shoulder, I fell to the ground as if someone had shoved me, I look up to see an unfamiliar face. The person quickly stood up and quickly apologized. I stand myself up and brush myself off. I look up at the person that panicked and knew that he didn't mean to fall on me, probably pushed by some jocks.

"Oh It's okay, you didn't mean to, My names Damien, Yours?"

I was quickly interrupted by lots of drunken jocks quickly reacting and presuming that he pushed me, i quickly nodded saying that it he didn't mean to push me, by like always in High school, Katrina had my back. As i recover from the fall, I responded to Katrina.

"Yeah I'm okay, he didn't mean to push me, hey are you alright?"

I gave a smile to Katrina, I was happy that she was as loyal as she was in High school. I then looked over to the man who bumped into me, checking if he was okay. I rolled my eyes when one of Katrina's friends, Alexa, said that he and the other male was fighting over her, causing a quick chuckle also.

"Should i go...Or?"

Reactions: ch0sen1
Aaron was frozen in place, waiting for, what seemed like forever, something to happen. Aaron was relieved when one of the Volleyball girls spoke up for him.

"It's okay!! No worries! Damien you okay?"

Aaron changed position but still looked ashamed despite being assured that Damien wasn't upset. Aaron kept his head down and grabbed his right arm as Damien spoke.

"Oh It's okay, you didn't mean to, My names Damien, Yours?"

Aaron briefly look up to Damien, but was quickly startled by the sudden rush of people expecting a fight. Aaron looked around at the crowd nervously, as one of the frat boys began approaching. He was quickly waved off, and Aaron returned his attention back to Damien.

"Aaron. It's nice to meet you." Aaron held out his hand, awkwardly, unsure of what was socially acceptable at a party like this.

"Alright we gotta get some of these people off the balcony. Move! If you're not Alpha Omega Psi, a fine ass babe, or someone we know get the fuck off the balcony!! GO!" One of the frat boys claimed.

Aaron quick to act upon this and began heading for the stairway back to the ocean of bodies and sweat.

The girl simply looked at Maevah and pulled her hand free, shrugging. Maevah smiled faintly and gazed at her cell phone. Gale had responded with a short message, "Hey Maev, practice got cancelled tonight. Too many people didn't show already, and Ivy wasn't feeling well anyhow. See you tomorrow." She decided not to respond and her attention turned to some guys taking instruments and band equipment out of a van. There was a guy standing, watching them. This peaked her interest, and since she was already parked on the side of the road, she locked her doors and grabbed her keys, shoving them into her leggings small pocket.

She gracefully walked over to the guy, and stood beside him, watching the scene. "What's going on?" Maevah asked, hoping not to be intruding on anything.

Gabriel turned around as a woman spoke from right beside him. She moved quietly, he hadn't heard her at all. She was downright petite, with light green eyes and brown hair which went halfway down her back. She was slim too, but not soft: no, her body looked lithe and firm and... not at all bad. He wondered how old she was.

It occurred to him that he'd been staring at her for a while now.
"N-not much. It sounds like there's a party over there, were you—?" What was he saying? He was rambling again, he was sure of it. "I mean, I'm– I used to be in a band, and I saw these being unloaded," he gestured vaguely in the direction of the men, "so I thought I'd stay around and watch the gig." He smiled at her; no need to mention he'd started it, it only made him remember what happened after anyway. After a moment he remembered to lower his arm.

You blew it. Again.

"Oh, my name's Gabriel. What's yours?" He held out his hand to her. "Do you study here or something?"

Gabriel turned around as a woman spoke from right beside him. She moved quietly, he hadn't heard her at all. She was downright petite, with light green eyes and brown hair which went halfway down her back. She was slim too, but not soft: no, her body looked lithe and firm and... not at all bad. He wondered how old she was.

It occurred to him that he'd been staring at her for a while now.
"N-not much. It sounds like there's a party over there, were you—?" What was he saying? He was rambling again, he was sure of it. "I mean, I'm– I used to be in a band, and I saw these being unloaded," he gestured vaguely in the direction of the men, "so I thought I'd stay around and watch the gig." He smiled at her; no need to mention he'd started it, it only made him remember what happened after anyway. After a moment he remembered to lower his arm.

You blew it. Again.

"Oh, my name's Gabriel. What's yours?" He held out his hand to her. "Do you study here or something?"
Maevah blinked slightly while he looked at her for a few moments. It was conceited to say that she was used to it, but she was. She was a ballerina after all, and most of the time there were thousands of people watching her when she danced. She waited and he spoke, rambling as though he were nervous or something. She smiled, shaking her head and likewise taking his hand and shaking it as well, assuming that's why he was holding it out.

"My name is Maevah. Nice to meet you Gabriel. And no, I don't attend this school. I work for the Omni Ballet Company as the head Ballerina."

She curtsied teasingly and turned her head in the direction of all the screaming and loud bass. She could feel it into her body, and it made her get goosebumps. "Did you wanna head inside and maybe see what all of the commotion is about? Or would that be weird?" she said, kind of unsure of the situation, but shrugged easily, not really caring as most of the people inside the frat house were probably well on their way to hammered by now. She smirked a little before her expression returned to one of neutral.

Baron noticed the squabble ensue and would of stepped in if situation demanded so. Instead Aaron merely stood at the counter, by now having created a mix drink, occasionally swapping a few words with nearby people. Nothing more then, do you take classes a U Met. Or the common followup question, where are you from. Aaron would simply replied. "College is not my gig folks." However what was odd was his lack of telling about himself.

Only response the man ever gave about his hometown was. "My hometowns a little city on the west-coast." or "Shit, that little ghost-town. Nobody wants to hear about that. Now Cali or Vegas, those are places to live." Each time the guy had a different remark for where he came from, never giving a definite answer. Looking to the right of himself he sees Faris leaning against the counter top.

"Have to admit, that situation could of ended worse." Aaron takes a sip of his drink. "Damn, I should of stepped in, could of had a fight." Eyes faintly light up at the idea of a fight, but Aaron merely took another drink. Holding back the desire to fight was difficult, but he wanted to try and not sleep in jail during his first night at Omni City. Eyes occasionally flicking back and forth as he continuously studied his surroundings.

Reactions: ch0sen1 and Camille

[bg=#ffffff]Bella Marie Johnson
fA3BE7x.jpg
[/bg]
[bg=#ffffff][/bg]​
[bg=#ffffff]

Bella was surprisingly, having a good time. She thought the party would blow. She saw new people, she saw a douche bag get punched in the face; which is always fun to see. She even got a new nickname...well she thinks it's a nickname. Bella waved bye to the girl and guy. She needed to find her friends, before they did something embarrassing. To late. Tommy was flirting with some "in the closet" jock, Lacey was making a scene; she was dancing on a counter top. Only Lacey would do something like that. Bella didn't know where Trent was, which was a good thing.

"Bell! Come here!" Bella heard Marisa, she was in the middle of a group of frat guys. Leave it to Marisa to have all the guys on her. Marisa had just turned 18 last month but she was already acting like a 22 year old. "Marisa what are you doing?" "Nothing, just having some fun." Bella just smiled and shook her head. Her friends weren't the greatest bunch but who was? Bella started dancing with Marisa, while the frat guys were watching them.

Bella heard someone being shoved near her. When she looked up she saw Trent. Great! This is what she needed right now. "Bella we need to talk!" "No we do not!" "Trent can you not do this right now? I told you in the car to leave Bella alone tonight." Marisa stood in front of Bella and her brother. Trent just shoved her aside. Bella was about to walk away, when he grabbed her arm. Something inside of Bella ignited. She started to feel love and happiness. Her body shutter with butterflies. Where was this coming from.

Bella could feel the passion that Trent had for her. It was too weird for her. She couldn't handle it right now. Bella broke free of Trent. She started to run, tears forming in her eyes. She could hear Marisa and Trent call her name, she didn't stop. Bella bumped into some people. She would have said sorry but right now all she cared about was getting out.

Once Bella made it outside she kept running. She needed to get to Marisa's car. Bella needed to think about what just happened. As Bella ran to Marisa's car she made a mistake and knocked over some band's instruments. "Sorry." Bella said as she ran to Marisa's car. She forgot that Marisa locked the doors. Now all Bella could do was sit on the curb crying.
[/bg]

Last edited:
Faris looked up at Play… or um… Aiden as he came back up to her, apparently determined to have the last say. She just raised an eyebrow back at him and listened at first, annoyed by his grin while he grabbed his shot. When he opened his mouth to speak again, giving her unsolicited advice, she sneered angrily, finishing her own drink and throwing the cup after him. Unfortunately it missed and bounced off a volleyball girl's head. Ok, so that wasn't so unfortunate. But still, it missed its target. Faris growled audibly and crossed her arms in a huff, eager to punch that asshole for judging her (ignoring the fact that she had made a snipe judgment about him as well).

She was still leaning up against the counter when Aaron walked up and said some useless words. When he said he would have fought though, Faris's face calmed a bit and stared at him, obviously interested. "You would have joined in the fight with me?" she asked, curious. That idea she liked much more than some dude coming in and taking all the fun away from her. She let her usual smirk return, imagining how she and Aaron could have whipped all three of the douche pickles that had been in her way.

"I'm bored, wanna get out of the kitchen at least?" Faris asked him, hesitating for just a second before deciding even if he didn't follow, she was. The girl pushed past people to get out of the room and tried her best not to hate anyone on her way back towards the front door.

I watch as the boy named Aaron and Damien begin to step down the stairs. I remained with Kendra, as if she was going to let me out of her sights, she had a few drinks already. Downstairs were your basic everybody-can-drink booze, shots, Jagers, brew, but up here the Alphas had the imperial stuff. The 150+ proofs. So needless to say...Kendra's a bit out of it. She was having a great time though. She was dancing like no tomorrow. A few of my teammates went downstairs to get involved with the massive crowd below. People jumping in the pool with full clothes, jumping from the roof, it was hectic. Apparently an altercation commenced downstairs, as the Alphas rush in the kitchen area and start to move people from being so crowded. Alexa and Regan were near the entrance of the kitchen when a cup flew and hit Alexa in the head, from the lack of velocity it was probably empty and menial, but Alexa snapped up straight and peered into the kitchen.

Alexa: "The fuck threw that!?"

Regan goes to the doorway to peek also. It was loud, no one probably heard them. I shouted from the top of the steps to make sure they were okay, the look and wave me off before entering into the kitchen. Great.

"LIONS! We might have a situation."

I rush down the stairs to where the two were as I hear a flurry of volleyball sisters behind me who all were 6 feet and up of pure power and pride. Like Lions. I enter in the kitchen as the temperature rises drastically. I can feel the humidity and dew from every person's body heat. I spot that boyband looking fellow again as he just casually sips his drink and stands in the crowd. Everyone looked at the multitude of us as they remained quiet. The Alphas come in and see that Alexa is rather upset. Alexa was a Latina with a spicy attitude if I ever seen one. The Alphas all escort us back outside to the pool once they cleared the area, where masses more awaited. Kendra and her squad all still rage from the second floor, as she eyes me and points and smiles. I giggle and shake my head as I follow the team line-in-line to the pool. I wasn't going to get in, but it'd be fun to be around. Dozens of people swam around as guys diverted their attention to us. I couldn't number how many guys tried to come behind me and start dancing, I clearly wasn't moving so what would compel them to? One by one I raise and arm and send them on their way, my team obviously not understanding my shuns. I was having a great time, and the guys here are cute indeed, but I really don't get the sense of a 'keeper' around here, not that I was looking anyways. I look up to see some Alphas take the mic.

Alpha fratmate: "Okay yall! We partying hard in this bitch! Check it, we have a live band performing in a few minutes right over here on the west end of the party, so you want some live music come get your fix! PARTY ONNN!!!!"

The crowd went ample with fury as the shouts were so loud I actually squinted my eyes and shriveled up. A smile on my face as they jump up and down and continue to party to the DJ's music. The DJ stood firm on the 2nd floor, spinning and queuing the hottest music. His mixes were nice. I tried to find Damien, but the crowd was too thick. He was probably somewhere with that Aaron fellow making acquaintance. My friend wasn't replying, she must be busy. My awareness fades back into the party as Regan pulls my skirt at the side where it was a bit ruffled. My perky bottom and chest sitting distinct in my shaped and fixed clothing. Glad I didn't wear heels. I pull out my phone to check messages, but there wasn't any. Regan takes my phone and places it in my bag as she follows up by taking my arms and dancing with me. I smile and move with her as yet again, the crowd rages as the volleyball girls start dancing. Many men approach and find them a suitable partner from one of my teammates, as Regan and I dance on.

Moments pass and I begin to sweat a tad bit from the epicness of the nightfall. I tell Regan I'm going to relax a bit and I head back over near the kitchen and up the stairs past the security that is Alpha Omega Psi, and into the 2nd floor lounge. They have a 2nd floor lounge for goodness sake. Kendra lies on the couch completely hammered, laughing with some of her team and some football players as well. they all nod at me as I make my way to the chips and dip along with the wings. Honey BBQ....the sight of them made my mouth water. I fix myself a plate as does half the team who I didn't know followed me. After I grab my food and a mountain of napkins, I head back outside and up onto the roof. I hop up on the roofing next to the patio and trek my way up onto the top of the house where a few Alphas and their girlfriends were. They smile at my arrival and I take a seat a near a relatively isolated area. I can see in all directions now: The beautiful campus view lit up at night, the SWARMS of cars parked for about a mile, a flurry of people drinking and mingling on the west end where a band was setting up, the backyard where the roars from droves of college droids and lights flashed all around as the DJ cranks the music into the night, and the east side of the Alpha house that was filled with trees and dozens of students under them on blankets and drinking kegs, probably the other frats and sororities. I look below into the front yard as my feet dangle off the roof, to a few people hanging out drinking and just chatting. Most were people migrated from the kitchen. I devour my wings and dip&chips. I didn't need a beverage to wash it down, I was a human garbage disposal when it came to food. The porch light flickers below my feet as the light skimps on and off. This was bliss. Party, fun, and food. Psh, I may never leave college. Regan, Kasey, and Alexa come up and join me as well. A guy below spots us and shouts.

Drunken student: "WHOO!!!! Hey!! Show me your boobs!! Flash us!!"

Alexa grabs her shirt and raises it like she was going to flash, and instead summons a middle finger to the guy. Regan and Kasey tell the guy off as he stumbles in the front yard. They then ask me about classes and the upcoming season that we'd worked so hard for in the summer.

"Yeah...I'm ready, I actually have an 8AM class but I'll be okay, this is amazing."

I look up at the stars as they light the night sky with elegance. I wondered of all to come this next four years, and what would I do with my life. I think about my hometown of Springfield, and how scared I was when I moved here at 14. The stars seems to share my contemplation, they glow with a light I can somehow relate to. Being secure and insecure at the same time. Pondering the unknown while dealing with what's right in front of you. There's a big world out here, and I wonder about my place in it. I was young I knew that, but that doesn't mean I don't have a great destiny. I was social on the outside, but I feel like if people knew me fully and unconditionally, they'd find me weird. Which I was, it was hard finding people to connect with, especially me. I was a nerd underneath, a hopeless romantic underneath, a clown underneath, but there was only a very few # of people who've seen me fully for what I am. Sometimes I'm reluctant about showing my true light....just like the stars.

Kasey: "Harmony...have you had sex?"
"WHAT!? No! why would you ask me that!?"
Kasey: "Kissed anyone lately? Gotta crush? You seem..."
"Seem...?"
Kasey: "Idk, you're just like glowing and radiant."
Alexa: "I said the same thing earlier! It's something about her! Maybe the makeup.."
"-_- I don't wear makeup. Why is everyone saying that?"
Regan: "Psh, because you're beautiful. Take the compliment trick."

We all chuckle in unison at the banter we exchange, but really why was everyone saying that? I'm not a conceited girl, but I knew I was pretty at least, but I've never gotten so many 'glowing' compliments before. Maybe they were just being sweet and nice, they were my newfound sisters now. I didn't even feel happy. I was having fun sure, but I wasn't overly excited about anything other than the party. I accept the comments and perk up a bit, smiling and becoming more serene. I exhale a deep breath and I take in the extravagant sights around me. Could this night get any better?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Eventually the bus came and Cara was on her way home. She stared blindly out the window, and she wasn't really paying attention until her phone vibrated and she heard a ding, meaning she had gotten some kind of message. Now, Cara didn't text a lot of people. It was mostly just her parents, Kevin, her boss, and occasionally the person who lived in the apartment two doors down.

She unlocked her phone and checked the message. It was from Kevin. It read:

Kevin: hey I'm at a party and I need a ride home

Cara responded with: Why?

A few minutes later Cara got off the bus at her apartment and Kevin replied.

Kevin: u get mad at me when I drove drunk

Cara sighed. She had just gotten home, and the last thing she wanted to do was retrieve her drunk friend from a party. While still outside, she called him and asked where he was and if she needed to bring her own car. He told her it was a UMet college party, the general street he was on, and that he had driven there. Then he hung up.

"Joy..." She sighed again before putting her phone in her backpack. Unfortunately, it was pretty far away, so she had a few options: hail a cab, wait for another bus, or drive there herself. She wasn't about to drive there, especially if she needed to pick up someone who already had a car there. A bus might take a while, however. Which meant she'd have to take a cab.

She managed to hail one and get a ride to University Blvd, which is where he had said the party was. Well, as close as the cab could get to University Blvd. She told the driver she could walk the reat of the way. Once she had paid the driver and started walking, it wasn't that hard for her to find the party. The challenge was in finding Kevin in this massive flood of people who may or may not have been drunk.

"Kevin's going to feel this in the morning." She muttered to herself as she weaved through the crowd, searching for any familiar face. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned around. It was Kevin.

A clearly-more-sober-than-he-had-let-on Kevin.

"So, what happened to being so drunk you didn't think you could drive home?" Cara asked.

"Well, I wanted to invite you to this, but you wouldn't have come if I had asked. Especially if I told you it was a huge college party." He replied.

"That's because I don't like parties. How'd you even get in? Last time I checked, you went to a community college, not UMet." She was getting irritated with him. He wasn't as drunk as he had made her think he was, but clearly drunk enough to think that this plan wouldn't irritate her.

"A friend invited me."

"I could be at home right now!" She was speaking loudly in an attempt to be heard over the music, and because everything her friend said just irritated her more.

"Fine!" Kevin yelled, which made Cara jump in surprise. "I'm just going to get a few more drinks then! That should make you happy!"

"Why would you do that?" Cara asked, more confused than angry now. "Don't get even more drunk, just help me find the food or something." She hadn't meant to make him angry. But it was too late, he was already walking off. "Fine, then." She resolved to stay at the party a bit longer in case he did end up needing a ride home. She began to walk around, catching sight of Kevin a few times. He seemed better now, but not any more drunk than he was before. That was good, at least. She eventually ended up taking a seat on the ground near one of the buildings, leaning against the wall.

Aidan
8413172666_00153e1159_z.jpg
I couldn't help but laugh as I heard the girl protest to the drink meant to hit me hit her instead. After only a few moments, my phone went off, obviously prompting me to check it. Benn said that they were finally set up and I just had to get my "emo" looking ass over there. Nice.

I made my way through the crowd, tossing my now empty cup into a trashcan that someone may or may not have been passed out in. When I made it to the stage, which an ample crowd had begun to build around, I saw the guys prepping their instruments. Benn immediately spotted me and nodded his head upward in greeting.

I returned the gesture and climbed up onto the stage, grabbing the mic immediately after, tapping it a few times to ensure it was on. Sure enough, the telltale sound boomed mildly throughout the area. I covered the mic, giving a few words of encouragement to my friends before turning my attention to the gathering crowd.

"What's happening, UMet?!"

I called into the mic, a confident grin crossing my face. I'd always felt like a mic empowered me. I was never really at home unless I was performing.

"We are a local attraction, if you can call us that, called From Among these Eyes! FATE, for short. We will be performing just a few songs for you fine folks! Are you ready?!"

I poured my energy and all of my confidence into the device and punoed it through our overpriced speakers. The cheers were amazing, and I could feel that indescribable high returning immediately as the music began. I saw a small group of beautiful women on the rooftop across the way. One of them in particular caught my eye. If I didn't know any better, I would say she were glowing. If it were possible, she would definitely have been the cause for the expression.

My eyes caught hers for a moment, and I nodded towards her, my grin broadening slightly before I averted my gaze and began.

"On trial for our fates,
we are The Runaways.
Outta place with mistakes we never made,
because, all we are
to anyone is just a Runaway.

So fate found a day to take it all away.
Cut down and encased inside a cage.
Because all we are
To anyone is just a Runaway!..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=ZIUGf1yVD7s

I was lost in gaze looking around at the beautiful view of the surrounding area. I spotted so many things. Making out, rallies, and even a girl posted against a wall looking bummed out sitting down. I couldn't see Damien anywhere, I'm sure he was having fun. I bet Kendra was probably passed out by now. I get a tap on my shoulder as Regan points over to the side pit where a band was getting ready to perform. The instrumentalists were all set and the lead singer steps up onto the platform and starts to speak. Son of a gun...that's boyband guy!!! I'd never seen him around or heard of his band called FATE, but they had to be okay at least to perform in front of us. Then again, drunk, party-going kids would vibe to anything.

And then he looked up. Right at me.

Through the crowd in front of him and all the noise and chaos going on everywhere, he seemed to focus on me for a moment. Regan and Alexa waves at him, but he continues to gaze. I release a soft chuckle as I look side to side for a moment, but I had a pretty good idea he was looking at me. He nods at me with an attached grin that sort of made me feel weird. I bashfully return a wave as he diverts attention to the crowd and begins to perform. My three teammates all push and shove me playfully with little cute noises at the very blush worthy scenario. The band cranks up the music as it blasts in contention with the DJ's music in the main party. I instantly begin to feel the music. It was catchy, and then the beat comes in and the crowd goes crazy and jumps up and down. I bob my head and move my shoulders to the song, impressed by this 'local' band's potential. I usually don't listen to this genre, but good music is good music and I respect it regardless. I wasn't a groupie who listened to the music, I actually listened to the song. The lyrics, the feel, all of it. I actually liked it. After a few moments, I started reciting the words!

"WE WERE NOT BORN THE ENEMYYYY!!!--"
Regan: "You wanna go down there?"
"Um...sure, why not? I don't see live performances that often"

We arise from out spots on the roof towards the frantic wave of people around the pit. Sure enough, Kendra is passed out on the UMet Lions running back for the football team. He looks at me as I shake my head and advise him to look after her, with an undertone of caution. We head outside where the main party was still off the rails, we descend downstairs and move through the crowd of testosterone and hormones towards the pit. I don't know who, but someone touched my behind as I sharply turned my neck and look around. Regan's hand kept pulling me through the crowd however and we make our way to the performance. It was about 100 students or so watching FATE, as I find a gap and bring the others to slide through to the front at the far end of the crowd. It was pretty cool. I'm turned at the shoulder to an Alpha behind the activities of the party.

Alpha: "Hey! Harmony right? #1 recruit in volleyball, sup! Listen I heard you're a great dancer and I was just wanting to see if you'd wanna freestyle or something?"
"Haah oh NOOOOO! Thanks but I'm--"
Alexa: "Oh no fuck that! You should do it! I'm sorry but she is a BEAST. Just do it Harmony!"
Regan: "I seen you on the balcony, you killed it! Just go for it it's college remember! Have FUN!"
"Nah I'm good, but thanks anyways!"
Alexa: "Don't listen to her she'll do it!"
Alpha: "It WOULD be appreciated, besides, show what God gave you to the world!"

As I thought about it my heart was racing. I wasn't the type to be completely in the spotlight unless I was playing in a game. I much as I denied, I wouldn't mind doing a little dancing other than what guys would expect from a woman. A chance to show that ladies could throw down as well? But still, nerves overtake me as the Alpha looks at me and the band still sings.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.