Hinterkind OOC

E

EquinoxSol

Original poster
[BCOLOR=#666699]THE HUMAN RACE DIDN'T GET A HAPPILY EVER AFTER.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#666699]After 300,000 years at the top of the food chain, it took only seven months for humanity to become an endangered species.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#666699]The Blight killed nearly everyone, and changed everything. As skyscrapers sprouted forests and wild animals took over the deserted streets, the planet's new rulers emerged from their age-old hiding places: elves and trolls, faeries and fauns. centaurs and satyrs--all the forgotten races behind countless myths and legends returned to reclaim the world they had lost to mankind.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ff6600]RULES[/BCOLOR]
  1. [BCOLOR=#ff6600]Cursing/Romance is fine as long as it follows Iwaku's rules.[/BCOLOR]
  2. [BCOLOR=#ff6600]Good grammar and storytelling are a must! I put an "Adept" posting expectation for a reason![/BCOLOR]
  3. [BCOLOR=#ff6600]Characters can be a supernatural creature or a human, though powers cannot be god-like in the slightest.[/BCOLOR]
  4. [BCOLOR=#ff6600]You don't need to know anything about the graphic novel Hinterkind, even though the premise is the same.[/BCOLOR]
  5. [BCOLOR=#ff6600]Most technology doesn't work. That means phones, computers, etc. Consider the world to be in the age of steam powered machines. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]SETTING[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800080]The setting is Charleston, South Carolina, 2020. Most of the buildings are overtaken by wildlife and plants. The only buildings that are still livable are nothing like the old buildings. For the most part, they are buildings abandoned after the Blight or built, though nothing to the grand scale of the Old World.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#800000]I will post the IC thread soon. If you are interested, please put a 'hello' post here before replying.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really interesting!! I might take a little while to make a first post though, I want to read about this series, I've never heard of it.

The artwork is kinda sketchy, but the story is fantastic. I read the first volume this morning, and it's really interesting ^^ It's based in New York rather than Charleston, but I'm more familiar with South Carolina than NY, so for the purpose of the rp I changed the plot and the setting to make it easier on me ^^