Hikikomori Virtual Academy - OOC & Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is still welcome until the statement of this roleplay being open at the starts become closed and red :).

OK so reading through that i'm curious to know how it'll work. Just a brief description for me and anyone else like 'Wow'.

I'm afraid I'm confused by your question ^^'...

I think she means that for the intro scene do we create our avatar then go to school? or something like that I think, its just a different kinda intro is all

This sounds interesting. Why are they graded on the essences of humanity as opposed to anything else? You also mentioned a broad spectrum of personalities and archetypes; will they be permitted here? Or do you plan to exhibit them in some way such as the tests putting people IN those positions?

Ah!
No, you introduce your IRL character and finish by stating Start.

Added a picture for Ryo! It's not great and it's just a portrait for now but practice makes perfect, maybe I'll have a better one to put up one day ^__^

Theres a fatal flaw here, seeing the fact that everyone is hikkikomori, everyone would usually be some dark, gothic shadowy dude, or have some common awkward characteristic that limits persona variety. It does seem really interesting and the backstory is pretty good imo, I might make a character just to see how it plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Riley Vanderbilt

Sexuality: -

Personality: Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Values knowledge and competence, and has an extremely short fuse with stupidity and ineptitude.

Likes: Swords, classical music, history, mathematics, and literature.

Dislikes: Guns, cigarettes, narrow-minded people, and the color pink.

Demeanor: Quiet to the point of being rude. Is rarely impressed with anything (and even when she is, she pretends to care not).

Prior History: Riley grew up in the lap of luxury, and while her wealth was the envy of most of her classmates, she considers it a burden as it comes with a tradeoff: the lack of freedom to make her own decisions. While she hates most of her family and is antagonistic to almost everyone, there is one person in her life she holds dear — someone exactly like her and yet completely unlike her: Riker, her twin brother.

Two years ago, on the night of their sixteenth birthday, she found Riker floating facedown in the pool. To this day, he is still comatose. Riley became a recluse after that incident, locking herself in her room that connects to her twin's. From time to time, she would roam their mansion, and on rare occasions, would even take long walks in the gardens. She has not, however, ventured outside the Vanderbilt gates since.

Appearance: Tall and lean. Medium-length straight black hair with a side-swept fringe that covers one eye. She cut her hair to match Riker's and now looks exactly like him.

Fashion Style: Black is her best friend. Has an aversion to skirts/dresses, but makes an exception with gothic Lolita clothes – she'd wear them on one day every month – along with a wig (with no particular pattern to the days). Other than that one day, she mostly wears tailored pants with pressed shirts and either a blazer or sports jacket. Likes boat shoes and dress shoes and uses sneakers rarely. All her clothes are custom-made.

Greatest Dream: To see her twin wake up and to have the freedom to live their own lives.

Greatest Fear: The death of her twin and a possible fixed marriage with someone she despises.

What they want to do and learn in the Academy:
Riley wants to live for both her and her twin. She believes that the Virtual Academy is just the place to do this. She also thinks of it as an escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.