Hikikomori Virtual Academy - OOC & Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is, I just had a little angst because I didn't have enough inspiration to make a post worthy of an intro in my eyes.

And Accepted, Khaleesi!

Name: Inumaki(Family Name) Shugo
Sexuality: Straight

Personality:
In all honesty, he can be a little eccentric. But then again, that's to be expected from an Otaku like him. Sure he likes Anime and Manga, but that's not his real passion. No, his real passion lies in playing Eroge, or erotic visual novels. That's why he doesn't really like to pay any attention to girls that are real. To him, nothing can beat 2-D. Naturally this has led to him alienating himself from the rest of the world. He only goes outside when he has to and he really only steps out of his room in order to use the toilet and bathe. But other than this is the fact that even if he does go outside he always dresses in a way that hides his features. The only issue that this presents is that he is often times confused for a criminal. He's been arrested several times already just for looking shady. This has led to him having a great hatred towards those that judge based on appearance.

And then you have him when he actually does get into social situations. He prefers to keep interactions short and to the point, but there are some people that just won't accept the basic information. With these people he tends to lose his temper rather easily and will sometimes even get violent to get them to leave him alone. And then you have him when he's actually being nice. If you come to him with a problem that he feels he has the ability to help with he is actually rather understanding and will offer advice the best that he can. But once again people tend to ask for more than he knows and he gets violent once more.
Dislikes: Being pushed, getting bullied, being judged, when eroge are blamed for crimes, being alone
Appearance:
large.jpg

Demeanor:
Fashion Style:
Seeing as how he doesn't leave his room much, he tends to just wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. But when he does go out he simply changes the pair of shorts for a pair of pants and slides on a pair of shoes. But when it's cold he will put on a jacket that he keeps zipped up and a baseball cap. As if this wasn't enough he will put a surgical mask on just to hide his face since he can't do that during the summer. People don't normally get colds during the summer.

Prior History:
His life has always been rather simple. He got up, he went to school and he spent time with friends. But then came that fateful trip to Akiba. While his friends were looking at CDs he ventured into one of the anime stores there and had his eyes opened to the world of Moe. Because of this he started his decline into the world of Otaku. And while he admits that he was pulled in by anime and manga, he will always say that Eroge is what really grabbed him.

Naturally as soon as word got out about his new passion he was cast aside by his friends and treated like nothing but a roach by the rest of the class. As he went through middle school this only got worse to the point to where he could expect getting beaten up on a daily basis. That's why he started to avoid going out into the world at first, but his parents wouldn't have it. They tried several times to get him to go back into the world, but he wouldn't listen and instead shut himself off even from them. That's why his education stops at his first year of high school. It wasn't until recently that his mother found out about the virtual academy and forced him to at least try it out. In truth, the only reason he accepted it was because everything was virtual.
Greatest Dream: Become a police officer so that he can help prevent people from being judged wrongly.
Greatest Fear: Besides going outside? Being put into another situation where he can't defend himself and is forced to endure beatings on a daily basis again.

What do they want to do and learn in the Academy?:
How to stand up for others and to use clues and logic to come to appropriate conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, I like him, accepted.
You may want to look back at his Likes, though, you mixed it up with Dislikes at the end, I think.

No, that was intentional. It's a part of myself. I like to be alone, yet at the same time I don't like to be alone.

What about the eroges being blamed for crimes then? Sorry if that's intentional too, I just want to make sure ^^!

Not to worry, it's my job as a GM, after all :)!

Do we only put their real life appearance for now and then create the persona appearance later?

Exactly, the Persona will come up soon after the IC is started :).

Thanks!
Name: Ryoichi "Ryo" Tsukino
Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality:
Autistic. Seeks yet fears social contact. Loves people, but has always gotten negative feedback and been ridiculed for his appearance, his awkwardness, etc. Obsessed with order and continuity. Very pleasant and kind-hearted, rarely angry. Very cautious.
Likes: Art, computer games, smooth textures, organizing things neatly.
Dislikes: Asymmetry, bumpy textures, yelling and people laughing without him knowing why.
Appearance: Tan and chubby with brown eyes, and hair that is always dyed tiger orange. Chubby cheeks, round nose, big belly; hair is straight and neatly combed all over his head. His eyebrows are black (not dyed). He's 5'7".

tumblr_n0e4b9XAsw1rnoj45o1_400.png

Demeanor: Quiet and very cautious. Flinches away from sounds and sensations he doesn't like. Has a habit of repeatedly flicking his fingers when nervous (which is often). Very kind and polite, always trying to compliment others and make them feel good, although he doesn't always know how. Basically the opposite of intimidating. Puppy-like.
Fashion Style: No fashion sense, wears mismatched tops and pants with solid colors or stripes (doesn't like clothes with patterns or pictures, unless the picture is of something he really likes).

Prior History: Had a "normal" life up until high school graduation. Attended school just like everyone else but had many social problems and ended up as a victim of bullying with no real friends. There were people who would be nice to him every once and a while, but avoided completely befriending him because he was just too "weird." He graduated with decent grades but didn't plan on attending any real university. His mom and dad are very lenient, almost to the point of being neglectful, and did not question him when he started spending every minute of every day for weeks and weeks on end in his room. They provide him with his basic needs (clothes, shelter, food, etc.) and give him a weekly allowance which he spends on computer games, hair dye, and collectibles. Starting in high school he started living most of his social life on the online world, making many "internet friends" who kept him happy when "real life" people made him feel rejected, and like a complete failure. He has no career path in life, and spends all his time on the internet.
Greatest Dream: To fall in love, and have someone who loves him back
Greatest Fear: Rejection
What do they want to do and learn in the Academy?: Make friends, and learn something, anything that would make him more likeable both online and in the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Oh thank you so much for saying so! :) You're very kind.

Ryo is accepted :)!
Your avatar is ridiculously cute, by the way.

Thanks Reveuse, for the acceptance and the compliment. ^__^ I just uploaded this profile picture today after a few other Iwaku-ites helped me pick it out. It's not an original drawing or anything though, just a screenshot from some anime. But thanks again!

Oh and is there a roleplay thread set up yet or are we waiting until we have enough people?

Hey, uhh... I hope you guys don't mind if I join. This sounds pretty neat :3

sb1plbi.png

Sexuality: Straight

Personality:

Appearance:
TKPWg9M.jpg

Demeanor:

Fashion Style:

Prior History:
Greatest Dream:
Greatest Fear:

What do they want to do and learn in the Academy?: