- High School -

She nodded. She walked out of the door and attempted to blow another bubble. She looked at the street in front of them and held out her hand. "We have to be careful... Hold my hand please?" She whispered to him as she chewed her gum softly. "Please?" She looked back at the street.

He looked confused and unsure, but he took her hand. He was surprised at how soft they were, seeing as he'd never had a girlfriend nor held hands with one. He turned slightly to hide his blush and said "People will get the wrong idea. Ah, let's cross." He started walking as the signal turned to a white figure walking.

He looked confused and unsure, but he took her hand. He was surprised at how soft they were, seeing as he'd never had a girlfriend nor held hands with one. He turned slightly to hide his blush and said "People will get the wrong idea. Ah, let's cross." He started walking as the signal turned to a white figure walking.
"Come on I'm not that ugly, don't be embarrassed with me." She frowned a little as they made it across the street. She slowly let go of his hand and held her sleeve up to her mouth. She always had a habit of covering her mouth with her sleeve. "So, where do we go now, Arin?" She whispered, eying some people off in the distance.

"It's not that you're ugly...It's the complete opposite." He looked at the sky for a second and turned to her. "This way." He started down the sidewalk and turned off beside a building and into a bush. The other side was the park, but on the little island like part with a single tree. The lake was quite still today, and the sun shone down through the tree. It was very beautiful to him. He lay down under the tree and waited for Jane to follow.

Jane quickly followed, and she smiled. It was quite beautiful to her to. She sat behind him and gently picked his head up and placed it onto her lap so he wouldn't have to rest onto the ground. She looked ahead, looking at the sky. It was really pretty.

What went through his mind could've been many things. But one was about this girl.That's for certain. She truly wasn't embarassed to do these things. As if they had been childhood friends. He looked up at her and sighed. "You certainly are quite social. And I'm pretty sure lap pillow is a sacred thing...I can see why now. Your thighs are quite soft and comfortable." He smiles at her beginning to warm up to her, and takes of his glasses. "I might fall asleep. I'd advise you take your lap from under me so you can leave if I do." He closed his eyes.

She leaned against the tree. "I won't leave you here if you do." She said and looked down at him. "Go ahead and sleep, okay?" She slowly rubbed his temples with the tips of her fingers and looked back at the beautiful sky. She continued to rub his temples softly to relax him and help him sleep.

Arin wondered if this is what it was like to have a girlfriend. Suddenly he sat up." Ah, I never showed you the drawing did I?" He reach over to his bag and scooched against the tree by her, and pulled out the notebook. He opened it to a girl in a white hoodie, black jeans with half of a skull mask broken diagonally. The detail was very nice and the style of which it was drawn was unique. Jane was written above it.

Her eyes widened. "Wow! That's awesome! I love it Arin!" She gave him a long hug. "I never had a friend like you Arin, even though we just met today, I feel like I've known you forever." She whispered, still hugging him. She was overreacting, yeah. But this meant the world to her. She couldn't help but blush and smile.

Surprised by the hug he fell onto his back with her on top. He awkwardly hugged her back. "I-It's not that special really..." He was taken aback to hear she hadn't ever had a friend like him. "D-Do you want the picture?" He was looking at the sky through the leaves, and he felt relaxed.

She nodded, "Y-you can give it to me later if you'd like." She blushed as she fell on top of him. She saw that he was relaxing again. She slowly started to rub his temples once more, trying to help him relax. She purred softly as her light brown hair almost glowed in the sunlight. She loved hanging around Arin, he seemed to be a very good friend to her.

He took off his glasses once more, and put one arm behind his head so that it would rest in his palm, and the other around Jane. "I feel like things are going to get a lot more fun with you around." He smiled and was,unknowingly, doing a quite effective one handed massage on her back. He felt as though he was actually content for once. He had a friend. And albeit they just met, he felt close to her. Not physically. Well, yes she was on top of him but that's--Nevermind. At that point he realized he was thinking very...ironically.

That only made her purr more. "M..mmm." She rested her head on his chest and began to rub his arms and shoulders instead of his temples."Me to, I think we are going to have a great year together." She closed her eyes and nuzzled against his chest lightly. Today seemed perfect. She didn't worry about a thing because she was so relaxed with him.

He began to drift off into sleep. "Mmhmm" He felt himself become completely relaxed with her...He rested his hand on his head as he fell asleep. I can be quite certain he dreamt of Jane. Before he fell asleep however he wondered...Could this be the year he gets a girlfriend? Wishful thinking he supposed.

Jane drifted off to sleep to. They both slept just like babies.

Jane was awakened a few hours later. It was dark, and a few rain drops hit her head. She slowly opened her eyes. She looked at Arin, he was still asleep. She pouted, she didn't want to wake him up, but she didn't want him to get sick. She shook him softly. "Arin..." Nothing. She shook him about more. "Sweetie... Wake up..." Nothing. She shook him softly and leaned in and whispered in his ear. "Angel, wake up."

He woke up at being called angel, blushing wildly. His dream did in fact involve her and when she spoke in reality it found its way into dream Janes mouth. "Ah!...Oh dear...It got quite dark...and it's going to rain..." He sat up holding her upper body to his. "We should probably get going, yeah?" He looked a bit worried. Most likely about her getting sick.

She nodded and rested her head on his shoulders. "Anywhere but home... Dad might be drunk." She whispered and softly rubbed his sides. "Now would be a good time to go to the store though, right?" She whispered softly into his ear, still softly rubbing his sides. She hopped they wouldn't run into trouble tonight, but she just couldn't go home.

"Yeah. Let's go." Arin was alarmed at the statement about herdad but didn't want to be nosy. He put his glasses back on and reached his bag. He smiled at her warmly, getting up with her.

She smiled back and slowly walked with him to the store.

She eyed the many colorful candy wrappers on the shelves. "Hey baby... Get whatever you want. I'll pay for it." She didn't realize she called him baby, she was to busy trying to get loads of candy for under twenty dollars. She slowly picked out some fruit candy (Four packs), and she made her way to the drink section. She opened one of the doors and got an energy drink. She walked to him as he was picking out what he wanted.

Still blushing at being called baby, he was looking at a pocket notebook. "Hm...It'd be good for traveling but I take mine everywhere anyways..." He grabbed it and made a decision. He turned to see Jane and smiled walking to her. "I'm ready."