High School Students Encountering a New World

"Yes, she did disappear into the forest," Dad #2 said. "And wait…guard duty? Do you have some sort of job there? Wow, this is much different than British fairies. We-er, they," He cleared his throat. "Just go around doing whatever."
Maddie raised her eyebrows suspiciously. "Dad, are you not telling me something?"
"No," Dad #2 lied. There was an awkward silence until he said, "Fine. I admit it. I'm a full-blooded fairy. Happy now?"
"…I suppose…"
"Well, if we have to go…and yes, I'm coming…I'd better shed my shirt." He took off his shirt; Dad #1 looked away, hiding giggles and trying to resist the temptation of touching his unusually small wings. Dad #2 cleared his throat and turned into a bumblebee the same color as his blonde hair.

The teacher came over and spoke to Violetta and her aunt.

"You might as well go so that the class is not disrupted again. Be sure to have your homework finished when you get here tomorrow."

"Come along quickly, Violetta. We must hurry on home. You do have a bookbag right?" the aunt spoke as she held out her hand to Violetta.

"I am capable to walk beside you without any help. And yes I do have a bookbag and a purse." Violetta spoke as she carefully put the books into her bookbag.

TOgether they left for 'home'.

Maddie watched two people exit. She wondered how weird this probably looked to them; a teenage girl with a cloak on her with a man in a pink suit consoling her, while another man was talking about powers and such and a girl was standing by watching this all happen. Not to mention the bee, which was now buzzing around her, checking to make sure she was okay. She chuckled. Definitely one weird party.