High School Music Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, we could start out with more formal introductions. We could say our name, grade, and something that relates to music until the teacher shows and figure out things from there. Maybe we could all come up with a way to make this and actual club instead of sitting around." She thought it over on what could happen next.

She thought it was a pretty good idea to start out with. She had never really joined a school club, she's visited them but that was about it. But Annabelle was usually proud of anything she suggested, regardless of the situation. There wasn't enough for them to have a club president, which Annabelle of course would have tried to become. Being the president of a club was usually good to colleges.

She glances around, wondering if the other two were paying attention. She found it a little annoying that the only person she could talk to was, yet again, Alex. Her friends had always told her bad things about him and his friends, how they always got into trouble. Even a few rumors about how all they did was get drunk and high in the school bathrooms. She sighs a little. Perfect, she was talking to the schools pot head.

Alex sighed, its not like there was anything better to do. "Fine, the names Alex Zanner, I'm a Junior and i can play some piano" He said and turned off his music. He might as well pay attention to what was going on. It might help him later.

Alex glanced around at the club, he had joined a few over the course of the last few years, but they had never really stuck. The first few meetings were great, but after that they seemed to fade. It was as if after the planning for the year was over and the only thing left to do was work, everyone became bored of the job. This led to many of the clubs that would start up in September, would fall apart by mid November.

He found it funny that the only person who was talking other then himself was Annabelle. She was not happy to be here yet her pride wouldn't let her leave. However, he doubted the others felt the same way and unless the teacher came quickly, there wouldn't be a club waiting for her anymore. Although, Alex decided, maybe that was the teachers fault.

Tyrell removed one of his earbuds after a moment, The loud rap music announcing his presence to the others in the room. "Tyrell Jackson. Senior. I'm a percussionist." He glanced across the class to the one girl who had yet to introduce herself, it seemed as if she wasn't even in the room. He wasn't sure if she hadn't heard the others or if she just chose to ignore them. Either way, nothing more would be expected of him until she spoke up, so Tyrell went back to looking at his phone.

Annabelle nodded slowly. She's heard a little about the senior, that he was suppose to graduate but he disappeared. During his absence there had been rumors that he died or other outrageous things like that. She never paid much attention since she had her own things to focus on during that time. The only thing she knew for sure was that he was a star athlete. What he played, she didn't know. All sports were the same to her.

Anna, once again lifting her chin with pride, decided she should announce herself by now. "Annabelle Fitzgerald. Junior. Violinist." She kept her information short and sweet. Besides there wasn't much else to be said and she needed to start thinking of what they should do next and fast.

She began listing off things she's seen other clubs do. They could all present something, do some sort of show and tell. They could discuss the impact of music throughout history and say there favorite composer. They could list off things they enjoyed about music. She sighed. What the least complicated one? She supposed it would be a show and tell since even elementary students did that.

Naomi was hesitant to introduce herself. she was not in the mood to receive the awkward stares everyone usually gives her. she sighed and cleared her throat. "Naomi Valeana. I am a senior here. My instrument of choice is viola" she stopped herself from telling them that she could play other instruments. Naomi rarely bragged about it.

Alex leaned back. So 2 juniors and 2 seniors. Well, at least there weren't any freshman. Freshman always bothered Alex because they were always acting immature and such. He knew of Tyrell, some jock who was supposed to graduate last year but didnt because he disappeared and missed too many days. He had no interest in sports so he had no idea what the guy played, just that he was really good at it.

Alex glanced around "So, should someone try to go find the teacher? I mean, here we are waiting for her an he hasn't shown." He said and glanced at Annabelle, if anyone here was the one who would go do that, it would be her.

Annabelle was lost in her thoughts until Alex spoke. She glances up at him seeing he looked at her. Did he expect her to be the one to look for the teacher?! He as right, of course. She would be the one. But she hated when other people knew her well enough like that. How dare he?! She frowns at him and stood up.

Sadly, despite being angry that he happened to know that was something he would do, she was going to do it any way. It would be the easiest way to be alone, and she needed quite a bit of alone time. It was something she hasn't had the privilege of experiencing in a while. "Alright, fine. I'll go look." She slips her headphones into her ears, walking to the door.

She exits the classroom, rubbing her eyes. Annabelle first walks towards the girl bathroom. She turned and stood in front of the mirror, inspecting her make up. She had to make sure it was perfect, making sure there weren't any dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep. Smiling in satisfaction, she walks out of the bathroom.

Naomi chuckled at annabelle's actions. she always does what is expected of her. after annabelle practically ran from the room Naomi turned her attention to the clock. the teacher was super late, and her parents are going to start wondering what was taking her so long. right on que her mother called.

she did not want to answer it. she could pretend that she was busy and did not know her mother called. "just give me some time to myself mom" she said under her breath. with her headphone on her shoulders, naomi decided to listen to Dvorak. he was one of her favorite composer. He was also one of the few composers who played viola has their main instrument.

the melody filled her immediate space. Naomi did not put her headphones on completely. she wanted to know what was going on around her. Naomi looked back out the window and waited for this to be over.

Alex laughed quietly over the fact that he had gotten his way. Annabelle was easy to push around with words it seemed. He made a mental note of that before glancing back up at the clock. If this lady didn't show up soon, then he would have to leave so that he could make it in time to go to work. Sure, that was still a couple of hours away, but who knew how long it would take to get home.

He placed his headphones back in and started playing music. The music was faint, so that he could still hear if something were to happen. He leaned back in the chair and stared up at the ceiling. He drummed his fingers on the desk to the music again, but this time much softer then before, he had no desire to annoy anyone this time.

He sighed softly before closing his eyes, might as well get some shut eye with nothing else going on.

Miss St.hilaire was running late.... very late for her own club. "Gods Why meeeee!" he called out running to the class room she opend the door and yelled "I'm here I'm here sorry I'm late" the woman was way out of breath. she sat down on one of the chairs in the room. "d*huff*did you all s*huff*start w*huff*with out me?" he asked still out of breath. once she got her breath out she smiled. "good!"

(Sorry its short I just AHHHHHHH you understand if your in my shoes right now)

Annabelle never noticed the teacher as she walks in. She made her way down the hall. She decided to head towards the teachers room first, break room second, then the meeting room. If the teacher wasn't in those rooms she'll just go back to the club room.

She tried turning the handle for the teachers room but it wouldn't move. The door was locked, so she wasn't there. She turns and walks towards the break room. Opening the door, she recognized a few teachers but none of them being her English teacher. Her other teachers smiles at her and asked her about school and home and Anna answered with all the questions appropriately but kept the details shirt and vague.

Her final destination was the meeting room. She was hesitant to open the door but by the time she approached it was locked. She wasn't sure where else to look and she was slightly embarrassed to show up empty handed. She wasn't one to disappoint others. She sighs, figuring the others wouldn't care much if she arrived with the teacher or not.

Alex opened his eyes as the teacher came in, it was about time. He stretched before looking at her. She was obviously out of breath and had been held up somewhere. He sighed, looks like annabelle had left for no reason. Oh well, she would come back soon and probably turn red at the site of the teacher.

He rest his face on his hand and glanced at the other two kids. They hadn't said anything yet which left an awkward silence in the room after the teacher had asked if they had started. Which they really hadn't done except say their names. Alex hardly thought that pissing off Annabelle was something that he should of been doing but its not like the teacher knew that.

Alex watched as the teacher tried to get back her breath. It was funny, it was obvious that this teacher was youngish, defiantly not old like some of the other ones. Yet she had decided to hold a club. Alex found this interesting.

Tyrell chuckled when the teacher ran into the room out of breath. After a few moments of silence Tyrell spoke up since neither of the other kids seemed like the type to spoke unless spoken to. "Guess we missed our chance to dip huh. So then what's this about?" he asked the teacher as she caught her breath. He figured she had some master plan behind assembling the small "club." It was all he could do to hope this wouldn't wind up like one of those anime shows where they form a band out of the club members. If that was the teacher's intention it looked like she would be more than a little disappointed in the results, this wasn't exactly the same kind of group you see on "K-on!"

Reactions: Cry
Annabelle made her way back to the classroom. She expected when she came back that Tyrel would have left while she was gone, Alex to be high in the bathrooms, and Naomi to.. Well, still be listening to music. Or got one of her many paparazzi people to take her home. Anna shrugs, that would just give her enough time to get home and get an early start on dinner.

She turns the corner, approaching the class yet again. Turning the handle, she pokes her head in at first to check and see if she was right. But she spotted the teacher, then the others still sitting there. She blushes out of embarrassment, only to quickly grow mad. She went if a freaking wild goose chase for nothing. Her eyes automatically glare at Alex as if he had something to do with it.

By the time she walks through the door her facial expressions change completely, lifting her chin in the air while her facial expressions changed back to her usual calm expression. She nods her head to the teach instead of saying hello and makes her way back to her desk.

Raven laughed at Tyrell's words and then noticed Annabelle walking in. Raven looked over at Annabelle and smiled. "did you go looking for me I'm sorry." she smiled and got up. "but anyways now that everyone is here. I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. Not the teacher me but the real Me" she smiled and looked at everyone. that's was when she said "I am Raven Lucoanio St. hilaire, I used to Play piano and was very good at it. a lot of people though I would go far but something happened and I can't play as good as I used to" she smiled at each and everyone of them. "i have a father and mother and an older brother name James. he a really good singer. and that's it Oh and *the song that in my profile* Is my song that I think represents me the most out of a lot of songs" she said with some more smiling and then looked at everyone on of them "your turn tell me something about yourself you don't have to tell me much just maybe what song you think represents you"

Alex rolled his eyes. The teacher who had come in late wanted them to do exactly what they had done without her. "My name is Alex Zanner, I'm a junior and i can play piano. The song that i guess 'represents me the most' is *the one on my cs*" Alex said before leaning back in his chair. There, he had started the conversation.

Alex glanced around. The lady really hadn't told them why they were all here. She had just come in and tried to be friends with everyone. No wonder he rarely went to her class. She was anyoing to spend time with. Then again, you can't judge people on what you barely know.

When Annabelle had walked in, she had given Alex a glare, and Alex couldn't help but smile at that fact. She was pissed that she had done what was expected only to come back and find that it was useless. She of course had blamed Alex, but its not like it was really his fault.

She sat down, folding her hands neatly in her lap and listening to the teacher and Alex, though was slightly surprised Alex played the piano of all things. He seemed more like the type to form some terrible punk rock band. She clears her throat so she could have the attention. It bothered her a little that she had to repeat what she had everyone do, but she would do it any way. "My name is Annabelle Fitzgerald, I'm a Junior and I play the violin. I suppose the song that represents me the most is *the one on my cs*."

She turns her attention to Naomi, then at Tyrel. She didn't expect Tyrel to really know what was happening. She took out one of her earbuds so she could hear the teacher better, turn it down her music. It was already low, she just wanted to ensure no one would hear her music.

Her eyes move down to the violin sheet music. She gathered up the multiple pages, putting them in order and pats them so the pages are straight. Her gaze moves back to the others. She wondered which one would go next.

Tyrell's posture hadn't changed since the teacher entered, he still remained with his feet propped up on his desk and hi headphones blaring loud enough for the classroom to hear. "I'm Tyrell Jackson, I'm a percussionist. *My cs song* Is probably the song I would say represents me the best; well it's the song I listen to the most right now." Tyrell finally decided to turn down his music now, still loud enough to penetrate the silence in the room, but not loud enough to deal any further damage to his hearing.

Now it was back to the girl by the window. Tyrell had already forgotten her name. If she had been less attractive he probably would have forgotten she was there at all. It seemed in her nature to be the last one to speak, almost as if she hoped they had forgotten about her, but this wasn't a large enough group to leave others out. Tyrell figured she would speak up a bit more once the teacher actually got us moving, for now he decided to stick to the idea about books and covers.

Naomi was the last to introduce herself once again. She mentally slapped herself for not leaving earlier. "My name is Naomi Valeana. i am a senior. My main instrument is viola, and the song that best represents me is Gymnopedie No. 1 composed by Erik Satie" She cut down her music that was blaring in the background. There was no way she could get away with listening to music this loud without seeming rude to the teacher.

Naomi did not make eye contact with the teacher, or anyone. She just focused on her desk. She hated how few people were here, she couldnt daydream or get lost in her music without the chance of the teacher focusing on her not paying attention. She just sat there and waited for the teacher to tell them what they were here for. Naomi wondered what her next solo piece would be. The only person who she could trust with her music progress was her private lesson teacher, who was away on a trip to get her instrument fixed. Naomi wished she could be free to just play.

"Now that we all know eachother... I'm sure there is something less generic we had planned for today huh?"

Tyrell said after the silence hit the room yet again as Naomi finished reintroducing herself. He didn't mean to sound impatient, but if he did it's quite simply because he was impatient. He had nothing against the teacher or any of the other students, but he felt he had done enough waiting around on someone else's watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.