High School DXD - From the Ashes - In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiko watched as the two devils argued. It was clear nothing was going to happen anytime soon, so she decided to take matters into her own hand. Aiko silently left the room and searched for the kitchen. Once in the kitchen she searched around for the ingredients to make her favorite dish, curry. She prepped the table with all her ingredients. Then she proceeded to prepare the dish. It would not belong before the fragrant of the dish filled the kitchen. Her stomach growled but Aiko tried to ignore it. "Will prove... self."

@Iroh
@VanceXentan

Reactions: Iroh
"Ha you're still a kid too me bud. I've got about twenty years on you and I think I got the right to be a little cynical now and then. But..." Ivan reached over the counter and grabbed an empty glass and pour some of his drink into the empty glass then put the newly poured glass into the barkeep's hand. "...I insist. Here's to this world and the people we love but hate. And to old farts like me who insist that kids like you drink with them I guess." Ivan said as he suddenly picked up his own drink and swallowed the thing down in one big gulp suddenly as he shivered and shook his head. "Yeah....that was....a really bad idea. But I don't regret it." Ivan said as he gripped his head and shook off bad feeling suddenly booming in his guts. He wouldn't be the man he was if he couldn't hold his drinks. Though...he didn't exactly enjoy the fact he probably just ruined his guts.

====

"Heh looks like you're getting shown up by the new kid Val." Dagmar grunted as he sat down where Aster was moments ago and laid back putting his sock covered feet on the table. He cracked his knuckles and looked over to the bishop. "I hope she's better at cooking than you. I bet you're just embarrassed that you can't cook half decent pancakes. No wonder the bitch has to cook half of Aster's food. At least a wild wolf spirit knows how to cook half decent scrambled eggs." Dagmar said with very clearly poorly hidden amusement in his voice as he waited for the bishop's inevitable strike back at him. He didn't really care...her job here was unnecessary. With his power he'd never get injured so bad he'd need her help...of course he could just be a bit overconfident in his own strength. But if he had one job that he could do well, dare he say really well, it was being an impenetrable wall.

@Iroh
@Sasha Bliss

Fushimi Saruhiko
"Whatever you say man"
Looking to see if anyone was coming. "I guess I could close the bar early tonight, because I'm not allowed to drink on the job" he responded to the other man. He walked of to the light up sign and changed it to say closed, and locked the door. Walking back behind the counter he took the drink in hand. Raising his glass to the other man he swallowed the whole drink. "Ahh, for how old you say to be, you're a wimp" he replied any drink would go down easy for him. "Hey you wanna go over and see my dojo?" he asked the other man. Setting his drink on the counter he sat, and put his arms folded on the bar. "If you don't want to that's fine to" he stated not wanting to take up this man's time.

@VanceXentan

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey you abstain for half your life from drinking and let's see how well your body responds to drinking this stuff." Ivan said grumpily as he breathed in deeply and pushed himself up. "What you think I'm your grampa or something kid? I just met you and you're giving me free stuff offering me to show your little special place. Oh god...I really do need to learn how to-" Ivan cringed as he remembered just then mentioning god wasn't something he should do. The sharp pain in his head was an ever present reminder of his turn from grace. "-Learn how to handle my drinks. But fine sure if you like I'll humor you and look around the place. By the way if you don't mind me asking kid: What's your view on religion? I think it's a big pile of dog crap. A bunch of cardinals in Christianity brain wash you into stupid taboos, Islam is basically one big misogynistic man's world, and you can't eat meat in the Hindu religions. Really Buddhism is the closest thing I can think of too a respectable religion. Inner peace is something I can get behind." Ivan said bluntly as he wondered if he was asking the wrong questions to this barkeep. Really this was a bit forward and not of people liked talking religion. But Ivan had a special disgust for the practice. If anyone knew anything about what religion could take away from you it was him.

Fushimi Saruhiko
Fushimi looked at the man across from him. "Religion? I haven't thought about that in a long time, I guess at one point I was Christian, but that's a bunch of hooha. I mean seriously the bibles been changed about 50 times or so" he replied to the man "But if I were to pick one, I'd say the gods here in Japan are the closest to what I think a god would be. Like no joke paying for your wish to come true" He stated "But that's if I did believe, so I guess you could more call me a man of science, or just do the blunt thing and call me an Atheist" he looked at the man wondering why he was asking this. Fushimi however didn't care for the subject of religion, but he doesn't mind talking about it either. Getting up he went into the back room. "Come on" he said opening the back door.

@VanceXentan

"Eh it was just a question really. I don't really care about religion myself anymore. It's all a big sham anyhow like you say. But alright sure let's go. I can see you're not the sort of guy dumb enough to try and drug my drink so you can steal my wallet or anything...so yeah let's get moving maybe moving around will clear me head a little bit. Can't show up home feeling like this. Don't worry I'm not going to puke...I think." Ivan commented as he got up from his seat and stretched his arms and cracked his neck. He looked over to the boy. "The name's Ivan by the way kid. If you're going to be showing me around the place may as well know who you're showing it too. I mean I'd be one hell of a guest if I was just called 'that old guy'."

Fushimi Saruhiko
"Now why would I do that, I own two perfectly fine business establishments" he sighed slightly. "The name's Fushimi Saruhiko" closing the door behind the two he locked it and turned around to unlock the door straight across the opposite end of the alley way. Opening the door he led Ivan into a hallway, closing the door behind him, then through to the door on the end. Opening the door there was a giant empty room. Mats covered the floor, a few extra mat were in the corner stacked to the the roof, and the were a few punching and kicking bags on the left side of the room. On the right side of the room there were several cubbies where the kids kept their things, each cubby had a name taped onto the top of it. "This is where I teach the kids." he stated to Ivan

@VanceXentan

"Trust me I've seen some weird things in my life. The least of which are fake nice people. Fake nice people are just as bad as real assholes if not more so." Ivan grumbled as he whistled loudly and nodded his head smiling as he chuckled. "Nice place you got here Saruhiko. I won't lie this is a pretty nice place. I'm sure the kids around here love this place. I really appreciate there being someone around this town that is nice enough to keep a place nice and clean like this. Usually dojos I've seen are old and ratty or even flat out former stores bought out by some random dude in the city. It show's you got commitment too something you enjoy. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it." Ivan said as he walked around and looked at the area some more. It was fairly impressive initially but he grew to feel maybe he was putting it on too strong. "Heh the people at my house who practice self-defense do it in some backroom. It's dusty and hot back there and not nearly as wide open at this. Have any favorite students Saruhiko? I don't have any students myself but I got a boy named Aster who has been really nice to me. Heck I'd say he's helped me more than I've helped him. He's talented but I sometimes feel like he's in over his head." Ivan mentions casually as he leans against a nearby pillar.

Fushimi Saruhiko
"Please just Fushimi" he said looking over into Ivans direction. "Favorites?, I was never one to pick favorite, that's like asking a mother to pick their favorite child" he replied. Fushimi walked over to a punching bag took it off it's hook, and placed it on the hook in the back middle of the room. On a shelf on the back wall there was a single sword. "Yeah I do enjoy it, it also gives their parents a sense of security" He stared at it for a good long second before putting his focus on the punching bag. "If you want you could send him over sometime on an off day" he said drawing back his arm. He arranged his fingers in a peculiar way, in one motion his fingers had bent to be that of a tri-claw. Taking a few breaths he went through with it in one great force that it didn't so much force it back, but that his hand actually went through it all the way, his hand was on the other side holding some punching bag innards. He pulled his hand out, and took the punching bag down. He walked it to a closet and opened the door. The closet was filled with several other broken punching bags, throwing it in he slid the door shut. Walking to the next closet over he grabbed a new punching bag and set it where the previous on had been.

@VanceXentan

"Aster's twenty some years old Fushimi I don't think he'd have anything you'd be interested in seeing. He's a book worm likes his stupid tales of mystics and mages and all those sorts of western lore. It's weird yeah but it's what he likes and I got no authority to dictate what he does in his free time. At least he doesn't wank off to anime girls like half the kids in this city. I swear it's like they've given up on seeing a real woman." Ivan said feeling like he was unselling his boss a bit too much. Sure Aster was young and had a habit of reading a lot but he was still as deadly as any devil his age could be. With mystic blood and devil blood mixed together he made for one hell of an individual. Most humans only dreamed of wielding magic Aster did it everyday of his life. Though it could be a bit of a curse too seeing as magic would make him clearly picked out as a former human not a born devil. Too his knowledge no devils knew magic. "A bit thirsty there aren't you? If you're that pissed off about something you should probably just play a violent video game or something that does it for some people. But hey if this is you way of doing things so be it I'm not judging." Ivan commented as he observed the man fight and he wondered how effective this man could possibly be in an actual fight. The whole purpose of power blows was a quick finish. He was putting too much energy into his blows. If he conserved more he'd be able to hit with lighter punches and then do more bigger punches when it counted. Plus that weird claw thing he did with his hands wasn't something he saw as all too practical. Then again he used a sword in an age where fire arms were everywhere so what right did he have to state anything?

Fushimi Saruhiko
"Well when you say boy I picture a little tyke or a teen" he looked around for a bit. "No not really angry, I just do this once a week, for good luck, i guess, I don't really have a reason" He looked back to Ivan. "But anyways it was nice meeting you" Fushimi stuck his hand out for a shake.

@VanceXentan

"Yeah well it's not like he's my kid or anything. I'm more of a guardian when it comes down to it but thanks for showing me this place. Hopefully I'll see you again sometime. Good night bud." Ivan said as he shook his hand and saw himself out of the building. He couldn't help but feel it would be a shame if all the drama in this area with the devils and the angels ruined this guy's bar and the dojo. Then again it would be worse if the whole god damn neighborhood got leveled. He needed to make sure Aster didn't have anything to worry about.

After 20 minutes, the smell of curry would breached the perimeter of the kitchen and traveled across the house. Aiko smiled as she set out the plates. The rice cooker ding and she quickly ran to it. The steamed blew her back as she let the heat rise from the cooker. She grabbed the plates and filled the plate with rice. Then she went over to the curry pot placed a layer of curry over the rice. Finally her work was done. She had successfully cooked rice.

"Mission... Completed..." She did a cheer as she watched her work. It was nowhere near a chief level. In fact it was amateur at best. The rice was placement was sloppy. There was food over the stove and rice around the pot because she spilled some. However she followed the instructions very well thus the mean would not taste as bad as it looked. Seeing the mess she made, she grabbed a rag and proceeded to start cleaning up. Their was curry on her blood stain close and rice all over her shorts, but hopefully she would be able to have the kitchen clean before everyone came down.

"Oh look you can cook half decently." Dagmar grunted as he reached down and grabbed the plate set out for him. He didn't even bother inspecting it for anything as he hungrily ate at the decently prepared meal. It was like he hadn't eaten for days but it was clear that the young man was in good shape. Perhaps he was just a fast eater or maybe he just didn't care. Regardless he oddly enough left little mess as he chewed through his food. Dagmar checked the clock on the wall nearby and grunted to himself. "It's getting late. I'm retiring for the night. The room you woke up in will be where I expect you to sleep tonight. Aster is ordering me to make sure you don't get into trouble so I expect you not to do so. Don't make me regret saving your life." Dagmar said bluntly as he got up and left the room heading towards the bedroom that he had pointed out only moments ago. However he stopped and walked back into the room taking his plate and putting it in the dishwasher nearby. Dagmar was a cold and distant young man but he knew his place. He did seem to at least seem willing to give the young woman called Aiko some trust despite her outburst beforehand. He said his goodnight to Val as he left the room and sat down in a chair waiting for his charge to come in to sleep so that he could doze off himself.

Aster himself was already asleep upstairs in his PJ's. He had been asleep since the time he collapsed on his bed after changing his clothes. He tired himself out saving the girl's life and using further energy exerting his 'force of will' on her. Magical powers were useful but they really did consume more energy than he liked to admit. It took a lot of concentration and a lot of strength of mind to keep the spells going and too keep his demonic side from perverting his magical essence. Usually mages bound demons but he was a demon himself now. It was an odd pairing but one he found to his advantage at times and too his dislike at others. It was only a matter of time before he had to come out now after all that has happened today. He only hoped he was ready for what was going to happen.

====

Timeskip - Three Days Later - 1:00 PM

Aster had started the rigorous process of converting his latest piece into a workable soldier in his little army. It had been difficult starting out as Dag was not a knight and he lacked another to show her the ropes. Dag's blunt in your face style wasn't something meant to be taught to others and it certainly wasn't something he had expected to deal with. He wanted to have someone like Ivan train Aiko but he knew he needed someone with his level of strength out there to hunt for the god damn church's lost angels and those damn exorcists who attacked his pawn. It was a nasty business and it just made things all the more difficult. He didn't want to show his hand before he needed to and call in allies of another house. Nightblood was still small and while it had power in it's individual members they lacked a sense of union. He needed them to god damn work together. Only Dag, Ivan, and Val worked together properly and even then Ivan was the middle man in that situation. Without Ivan Dag wouldn't give one hell for Val.

Aster was sitting in the backroom with Dagmar who was in his training outfit used by Kendo members to properly protect themselves, it was the best they could do under the circumstances chain mail would be an odd thing to import to Japan, and he had his hammer in his hand. Aster was eating his lunch, pizza slices he ordered from a local pizza hut, and humming to himself peacefully. Dagmar twirled the hammer in his hand idly swinging it a few times. Dagmar insisted he use his actual weapon for these practices having Aster instead use a spell to elevate the power of Dagmar's ferocious blows. They had found out the girl had some combat training but not when it came to someone like Dag who was faster and much sturdier than the average male his size.

Ivan was walking down the street looking for any sign of the angel Nexus or his merry little band of fuck boys who had gone and made his trip to Japan that much more annoying. It'd be his pleasure to wipe out and exterminate any of those bastards he came across. The church's choir boys were just another step in wrong direction. As long as they didn't send Paladins or anyone with a sacred weapon he could probably get off by just beating them down and sending them off crying to their pastor. He wondered if any of these people knew the situation that was about to unfold around them. He spied upon a group of school girls from the local school named after the city cheerfully talking about their boyfriends and their social lives. He never really understood what was it up with stuff like that but he figured it was just a teenager's thing. Ivan knew that the chances of finding the choir boys and the fallen angels were dim. If they wanted to be found without stepping on the toes of the church OR one of the big houses around here it'd just be that much more difficult. Besides it was early in the afternoon. He figured that if anything happened it would happen later in the day. As it stood the past couple days had been improductive as the activity had died down instantly with Gremory apparently having launched an investigation according to House Weinmark, a german-japanese devil clan who was a vassal to Nightblood, which was expected of them. And of course the other house also wasn't too far behind. "Man this sucks...I hate being a private investigator."

Aiko smiled slightly when Dag complimented her cooking. "I... just read... instructions." Then Dag told her where she was to sleep. She nodded and watch the man leave the kitchen. Then she continued to finish cleaning mess from the food. curry could get really messy if you don't clean it right away. After everyone finished eating, she started the dishwasher and returned to the room. The rest of the night, she felt so energetic. The darkness was relieving and invigorating. It really made it hard to sleep. So she stayed up most of the night, finally falling asleep a little before morning.

====

Every day started early, which sucked because the sun was rising up and she barely could get sleep at night. First was a 2 mile jog which was not so bad. Aiko was not much of a long distance runner but she was keeping up. However, she would fall asleep while running, especially once the sun was finally up. Then came breakfast which she had to cook because Dag and Val would not stop arguing. She just followed the instruction from a recipe book she found lying around. Then came the morning work out which consisted of alot of cardio and self resistance training. Again dude to her history, most of it was doable. Then came lunch which she had to cook. Finally came the sparring sessions with Dag. Aiko looked forward to this event. She was hyped on adrenalin and ready to prove her self. Not even 5 seconds later did she get hit with that huge hammer. It was not that fast but it was faster then she expected and it was too heavy to block. After that mistake, she made sure to avoid that hammer as much as possible. Then she did her magic training in order to try and harness her Sacred Gear. In the afternoon she was exhausted and used what little free time she had to sleep. (though she make dinner) Then when night came around, she found her self awake and rejuvenated. With all this energy and given how sore she was, she decided she was going to pre-cook everything at night and serve it during the day (so she could nap between training sessions.

====

Timeskip - Two Days Later - 1:00 PM

She was getting a little use to her enhance stamina do to being a devil. Though she still could not call upon her shadows help, she was able to land one or to blows on Dag, on the off chance he messed up. Today was no different. The sparring session was just started and she had her eyes on that hammer. All she had was a enhanced wooden blade which would not break from a blow from the hammer. Today was going to be the day she beats shows her stuff. Being a hitman, one does not simple get seconds chances and makes the most out of the little time they have. Compared to that Aiko has been spoiled. She has been given all the time in the world and now she had to show what she could do. "Won't... back down... Dag."

She took a deep breath and calmed herself. Then she ran at the man while keeping an eye on that hammer. Her wooden blade was out and prepped for a horizontal slash should she reach him before he could react.

@VanceXentan

PS (Dinner will be baked fish served with carrots and rice)

"Your determination annoys me but I suppose that's just how it should be. Wouldn't be worth training you if you weren't interested." grumbled Dagmar as he prepared himself for the sparring session. Aster looked up at the two of them and sighed as he whistled. "Hey now Aiko aren't you even going to-" Aster started but before he could finish the girl had already charged at Dagmar who in turn waited for her to get near him only to step back slightly and maneuver his hammer to intercept the up coming blow. The blow glanced struck just below the hammer's head and the handle. Normally this would be an awkward situation for any combatant to be in but Dagmar knew he had a difinitive strength advantage. Dagmar pushed forward into Aiko's face and head butted her using his immense strength to disorient her. Dagmar followed up by using her own momentum against her by shoving his arm and elbow into her torso sending her back across the floor. "You're fighting me not some sword wielding bumpkin. Have more caution then that." Dagmar grumbled bored as Aster spoke up once more. "As I was saying before you decided to charge Dag: Aren't you going to say hello to us or thank Dag for taking the time out of his day to show you the inner mechanics of fighting like a devil? You don't need to be all business even if Dag prefers to let his hammer do the talking." Aster said casually as he sat there waiting for the next blows to land.

Fushimi Saruhiko
It was 1:00 in the afternoon Fushimi had already begun teaching his students in the dojo. "Himeko try to keep up okay?" he said to a girl who was slightly slower than the rest of the students. "Yes Sir!" she reacted quickly. Fushimi motioned for them to stop and the all sat on their knees. "Would anyone like to have a spar" he asked the children they were 9 and 10 year olds. Two boys raised their hands simultaneously. "Okay this spar will be between Kaien and Takashi" he announced the boys names as they rushed to the front of the room. "Remember this is just a spar, don't try to hurt each other, try to pin the other one into forfeiting." The spar lasted about 5 minutes, with Takashi coming out as the winner. "Okay rascals snack time." Fushimi told the kids, and they rushed to their respective cubbies to grab the snacks they brought. Tightening his belt for his gi he went behind the counter of the place and grabbed snacks for those who didn't bring any. Opening the mini fridge behind the counter he grabbed out strawberries for himself. Taking a bite, he felt refreshed. He sat at the desk and watched the children to make sure nothing was wrong.

*Umph* Aiko flew back from his shear power and rolled to the other side of the room. Aster started questioning her about what greetings and gratitude. She stuck her sword into the ground and used it as support to get up. Because of the blow, she was already out of breath. Still, she attempted to respond between catching her breath. She rubbed her forehead with was red from being headbutted, "Hello... Lord Aster." Then she took some more breaths and turned to Dag, "In Tskuami, we a have saying." Then she stood up and ran at dag again. "Value your words... Treasure your actions." She tried to perform the same move again however this time she would duck after the swing and slide trying to trip him. She ran as hard as she could without losing control of her movements and hoped her velocity would out match difference in power.

@VanceXentan

Timeskip - Two Days Later - 1:00 PM

Lamont woke up in bed he kinda overslept as he went downstairs "Mom ... Dad" he called out as he scratched his head. He had a wonderful time with Paisley and he thought about her constantly which surprised him.
He saw a note on the refrigerator,

~Will be back soon went to your Aunt's~

Damn and he wanted a home cooked meal when they visited his aunt they tended to stay for hours, so he opened the fridge and began drinking orange juice out of the carton and it felt good to be healed. He took a shower and would get ready to go about his day in trying to decide what jeans to wear the paper with Ivan's seal fell out of his pocket. He wondered if he should keep it with him as he wasn't a part of their world he could forget about it and lead a normal life but was he truly normal.

The thought faded from his mind as he tossed the paper in the trash and as he turned a blade pierced his stomach as his eyes widened he saw none other then Nexus. "Damn, why can't you leave me be....gahh" he managed to say in pain.

Nexus: "Sorry you have to die, I consulted with those in power and we cannot allow the Nightblood line to regain its former glory"

"wh....ats that got to do with....me"

Nexus: "Well I can't just walk up to the house and kill them they are strong when they are together and they only send the strongest ones out alone like Ivan. Now I have the means to kill him"

He says this gesturing to two holy blades at his hip, he then goes and picks up the seal as Lamont bleeds out and drops tot he ground and he places the seal in his blood. Nothing happens after a minute, which is odd as the paper should have glowed and summoned the devil which gave it to him. Nexus looked at Lamont "That is some vitality you have there I mean your actually consciously trying to stay your thoughts so you don't summon him... is that some kind of last Fuck you to me by not giving me what I want even in death. Well think about it this way either you can call out to him and have a chance of surviving or you will definitely die now" he says.

"Ddd...d..damn... I...hope... he..............kills you" he says allowing his desire to live to call out to Ivan as his vision blurs even further and the paper begins to glow.

Nexus unsheaths two holy swords preparing himself knowing Ivan's power one holy blade would not have been enough and if he could kill him then Nightblood would fall quickly without him. He was around long enough to know that Ivan was the biggest threat.

@VanceXentan

(Note: The following post assumes that the above post didn't happen due to @Iroh not changing the post as asked multiple times in the OOC)

"Yeah well then show me what you have worm." Dagmar grunted clearly not all too excited about the prospect of talking more than he needed to as he prepared himself for the incoming attack. Dagmar once more backed off from the incoming slash that was sent towards him by his trainee however he did not do the same move as before instead going for an underhanded swing towards the chest of Aiko. It was clean and well practiced and wasted no motion. The hammer quickly swung and she'd need to dodge quick. Dagmar had steeled himself before hand however, her attempts to trip him failed it was a foolish mistake trying to trip up a person like Dagmar who had invested so much into his own power blows which required steady footing. "You're faster than him now use that to your advantage! Dagmar has experience in close range combat stop trying to get him like that!" Aster called out to Aiko as he watched the sparring match. It was clear to him that she was more experienced with a gun then she was in fist to fist combat. She was a knight she would need her damn best to survive in close combat. But she was charging his wall, his first line of defense. Rooks were not so easily toppled in a contest so close up. "A knight fears no one! A knight stands stalwart in the eyes of an enemy! You're not an unbreakable wall you're a sword the pierces the heart of my enemies!" Aster shouted aloud he wanted her to do better. He needed her to do better.

====

Ivan looked around and grabbed Silas and pulled him aside into a street corner as the younger man complained but then he saw a group of exorcists walking by him and headed down the street. He only hoped that they weren't heading towards someone's place. If he got into a fight with them now...it would be disastrous. The Church shouldn't want open war so that left only a few options to the contrary. It had to be fallen angels or a rogue faction. But why here where House Gremory held it's domain with Sitri close by? It was foolish to challenge them. "Look kid I don't know how many of these bastards are here we can take them but it needs to be at the right time or else things will get ugly. Besides it's the middle of the day and it'd be a hassle to re-write a dozen peoples' memories. Let's just keep looking for more clues. I don't want to risk following the group the passed by though. It'd be hard to hide our presence from them." Ivan said as Silas nodded confirming his understanding of the situation as they moved out of the corner and walked towards the housing complexes. Maybe if they could find some paranormal entities nearby they could find out if they were the cause for the surge in exorcists in the area. If they found something they could purge it personally without trouble. Gremory wouldn't be a problem anymore for them in the near future and the other houses would assume someone else was responsible. Or if failing that at least find what it really causing it.

=====

There was a knock on the door to the dojo of Fushimi Saruhiko. It was neither menacing nor powerful it was simply a polite and subdued knock on the door. A man called from outside the door. "Excuse me Mr. Fushimi! My name is Father Maxson and I'm from the Catholic Church. I was hoping that I could speak with you for a moment. I have some questions to ask you as I was told by some locals you knew some things about this town. And don't worry this isn't some conversion thing there are some people I'm looking to find I was hoping you could help me." called a cool toned Italian accented man in fluent japanese as he waited for a response. The man seemed neither hurried nor did he demand anything in particular. It seemed like the man just wanted to talk to Saruhiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.