High School DXD - From the Ashes - In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Unyielding

Valerie was the first to notice Aiko, "Hmm you should be resting I know that I healed you little knight but that doesn't mean your body is use to your altered state" she began to say as she ate ice-cream.
Valerie didn't want to be mean and tell her to just go back to her room she was already awake and out of the room and staring at the ice cream just as she was when Aster had got it. She thought for a moment... well a little ice cream wouldn't kill the girl.
"Well since your already awake I guess you would like some Ice cream.. one moment I will grab you a bowl" she said

Valerie got up and headed for the kitchen, opening a cabinet she saw the small white bowls that they had specifically for desserts and she rinsed it out and returned with it for the girl. Valerie placed some ice cream in the bowl and handed it to the girl... "Here you go" she said smiling.

"I am sure you have met everyone here .. well I'm not sure if you met Silas he's another one of the Young Masters evil pieces, he is 5 pawns and you know the Young master Nightblood" she said to the girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lamont was sleeping and having a wonderful dream and it also felt great to have Paisley next to him with her arms wrapped around him​

@VanceXentan
@AceSorcerer

"What the hell am I chopped liver? I'm Ivan. Ivan Bulkin. I'm the queen of this household. Yeah insert joke about being a male queen here but I'm nothing to shake a stick at. I guess you could say I'm this house hold's dad figure. Though I'm sure none of the kids here would refer to me as such. Sucks for them because I'd be a great dad." Ivan said with snark as Aster looked over too him with a raised eyebrow wondering if his long time companion was serious about that statement. "Ignore Ivan if you would when he starts talking about dumb stuff."

"And I am Kai Silas, as previously introduced. As a Pawn, I do most of the basic, grunt work ranging from reconnaissance to wish-granting, although I think you'll likely be doing most of the latter for a while." Silas then activated his Sacred Gear into its basest form, allowing the grey gauntlet materialize as it appeared to be from a piece of medieval armor. In the the center of the back of his hand was the enlarged citrine gem, wherein the dragon's essence was. Tapping onto it, the Pawn immediately chuckled. "The guy in the gem is Tharanuil, the Balance Dragon."

After he said this, a voice rumbled about the room as the deep voice almost shook the foundation of the building. "Greetings, new member of the Darkblood ilk. I am Tharanuil, as the Wielder of the Balance Gear has stated. 'Tis a pleasure to meet you."

The woman from before who healed Aiko commented on her being up, but instead of making her go back, she gave her some ice cream. Aiko nervously took the bowl and noticed the cold feeling coming from the dessert. It was not the same as in the dream. It did not give her the fulfilling feeling the Tsukami did. It only made that void feeling in her chest more noticeable. She held the bowl with both hands an smiled. "T-t-thank you. Ms..."

Then the man handing out the ice cream interjected his introduction. His energy was so overwhelming to Aiko that it made her heart race. She started shaking just from his presences. Ivan was his name and he was the queen. Clearly he was going to be an exhausting person to be around. "Hello... Queen Ivan." Saying that out loud was relax. It was pretty silly to hear a boy being called a queen. Slowly she felt her nervousness start to fade until the last man spoke.

He was a black hair man who went by Kai. He did not seem happy nor sad. He had a robotic presence. The only people she knew like this were the top notch hitman in her group. They were the scariest people and she tended to avoid them when she was little. Still she tried to stay brave and just thought about the "Queen Ivan" dressed up like a queen, dress and all. Then Kai activated his sacred gear, spawning a metal gauntlet. Then it spoke echoing through out the room.

A Sacred Gear... no... a... dragon?! Tsukami's voice was nervous from the mythical presence. Aiko could feel the fear from the shadow's words. She knew she had to take action.

Immediately a switched flipped in Aiko. She reached into her pocket and grabbed her knife and pointed at Kai's neck. Her movements where Precise, quick, and silent. Like her mother drilled her, she held her hand steady as to draw blood at the drop of a pin. It was not a sense of confidence but fear which drove her actions. A fear which peak when she remembered her blade was not there. Sweat rolled down her face and her. Then she glimpsed the gauntlet again. She slowly lowered her head, after realizing the mistake she made. She dropped the broken weapon and backed up to the wall. "Tsukami... help me..."

@VanceXentan
@AceSorcerer

@Iroh

Valerie jumped up and summoned her gun....

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU LITTLE GIRL!!" she screamed aiming the gun at her.
"I may be a bishop but I am still capable of protective magic" she says as her gun began to glow yellow. She looked at Aster to know what she should do next.
"Aster you saw that what should we do I knew this was a mistake an evil piece that just tried attacking your pawn" she said
@Unyielding
@VanceXentan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lamont was dreaming that he was floating in the air but the sky was black and not black like night time
it was pitch black until out the sky something descended... it was large and had wings. Lamont was in awww but he couldnt really see it
Lamont felt immense fear...
All he heard was a shriek that sent black pulses of soundwave energy through the air.....
"AAHHH... THIS IS A DREAM WAKE UP... WAKE UP"

he was scared... "WAKE UP WAKE UP"
What ever it was it disappeared. Lamont opened its eyes to see it gone...

Then he saw a someone behind him... it was hard to tell but it was shadowy with a gauntlet
it was like a darker version of himself with black hair and a red and black guantlet on its arm

Lamont: "What are you?"
Shadow Lamont: "I'm you idiot.. you've been thinking of Ivan's offer"
Lamont: "Rude .. guess you are me, so what about his offer I thought about it but i'm no ones servant"
Shadow Lamont: "Look Jackass, accept his offer before its too late you already dodged death don't think you'll be so lucky next time" he said
Lamont: "Next time.. there won't be a next time I don't plan on dying again"
Shadow Lamont: "You idoit if you don't then you can't awake........" he began to say but his voice fell silent

7cXqh1RDsA8YrgpmF8IWpzzRPFdAdgGSptZwUcqd0umLjKcjJRVaCyG-IU-Ykg9ukXh-5A

Lamont woke up... "What the hell... why would I dream of another me telling me to accept his offer" he thought​

Last edited by a moderator:
Aster was a bit surprised too see his new 'knight' flat out try to strike his pawn but he knew Silas could handle a untrained devil even if she had new superior speed. "You know you just made an enemy of quite a few of the people in this room. Now get up." Aster said as he raised his arm and an invisible force gripped Aiko's shirt collar. It wasn't something born of a devil's power. The wind wasn't raising and there was no sign of an invisible person anywhere in the room. Aster moved his hand in a beckoning motion as the girl was pushed forward into Aster's face. "You see now? You aren't surrounded by defenseless beasts. You're a devil. You work for me. You won't hurt my allies, or my friends. I don't think it's set in yet that I OWN your soul and am personally responsible for you. Nor has it set in that you agreed to this. I am an affable man not unfair or unkind. But if you put anyone at harm without reason again no sacred gear, no devil, no being be it shadow, angel, or whatever be it will not save you from my wrath. In case you haven't noticed after what I just did too you I'm not some ordinary devil. I'm trying to help you help me and you owe it to me after I GAVE you your life back. Do I make myself clear when I say that this will be your last and only warning? I don't intend to hurt my new knight. At the same time I want you to understand something." Aster said slowly, calmly, and flat as a board. He raised his other hand and showed it too her it suddenly started to glow with a grey light not like the red aura that had showed up earlier. "You ARE replaceable. Not many people have the ability to remove a evil piece fewer still would use it. Because once I do you will die." Aster said too her as he twisted his hand and motioned down and the force holding the girl in the air vanished in an instant dropping her on the floor like a bag of rocks. "Man boss I haven't seen you so pissed off at somebody like that in a long time. He doesn't use 'Force of Will' for just any situation." Ivan said bluntly any compassion for the girl vanishing the instant she started to panic. He figured she was just startled but still that was extreme. Especially after all they'd done for her today. "DAGMAR! Get down here." Aster said loudly as Dagmar came downstairs with a bored expression on his face as Dagmar looked over to him. "What the hell is wrong now? I was trying to take a na-oh damn it..." Dagmar grumbled as he looked over the scene and he quickly was informed by Aster on what just happened. "You brought her here take care of it." Aster said too his rook who grunted and walked over to Aiko and with a disgruntled look on his face looked at Aiko. "I save your life and you just try too do something like that without thinking? If you want to die so badly do it somewhere useful. Not in this house. You're lucky Nightblood is a generous person. Anyone else may have just gunned you down. Like Valerie over there. She had a gun. She would've killed you flat out if Aster wasn't here. Consider your situations next time you try to kill someone. That's my first lesson too you newblood." Dagmar said as his blank eyes never left Aiko. It was like looking into an abyss...and it was looking back.

Fushimi Saruhiko
Fushimi was in his bar getting ready for it to open. Sitting behind the bar Fushimi wiped the last of his glasses. Getting up from his seat he went to a few of the tables, and took off the chairs pushing them under. He put the rag he used to wash the cups into his back pocket. Walking over to the counter he grabbed cigarette trays and set one on each of the tables. Grabbing a pack out of his pocket, he held the box to his mouth pulling one out. Taking out a lighter he lit it. a red flame came off the black cigarette due to a non-poisonous chemical. Taking a few steps he turned on the open light, and walked back behind the bar.

Reactions: Iroh
As the force lifted Aiko, her legs dangle. Though she thought the Kai was scary... This was a whole knew level of fear. Aster's voice, his anger, it all paralyzed her. Her body did not move, nor could it. She was going to die again. She knew it. Tears ran down her face as she just hanged there in mid air. It was over, her life was gone.

Then he dropped her. She was alive... not died. She hit the ground. Everyone's face became demonic. Then Dag walked up to her. The very man who brought her here. She slowly sat up and glimpse the man's face as he scold her. Her heart was racing. She couldn't think. She could not move her body. The empty feeling in her chest spread across her body. It was too mentally stressful. Tsukami was silent, or least Aiko could not pick her voice from the hundreds of thoughts in her head.

Then her mind snapped. She quickly got on her knees and bowed down to everyone. She did not want to die. She needed to live.

"Lord Aster... we do not wish to anger you... We live to serve you... We will obey... we will comply... please... our Lord!"

@VanceXentan
@AceSorcerer
@Iroh

Last edited:
"Don't beg. It's demeaning even at my lowest point I would've faced punishment or death with self respect. That's my first lesson to you girl." Dagmar said as he grabbed the girl by the hand and pulled her up. "I'm not angry. I'm disappointed in you. I expected better from a girl who claimed a knight piece. Granted you've just went through some intense stuff but when you first awoke I showed you kindness and you respond too it by disgracing yourself, and thus me in the process, by attacking a friend. Now you're on your knees begging and scratching at me like a coward. A knight doesn't beg. A knight doesn't falter. A knight stands stalwart and proud. If you wish to serve me like you say then it's time for your too understand the value of self control. That's all I have to say on the matter." Aster said bluntly as he took his case upstairs as he didn't even look back at the group. It was clear he wasn't in the mood to talk anymore at least until he had time too himself. He had hoped that this young girl...this 'knight' would be more grateful to him. Maybe Val was right...maybe he had been too generous towards this Aiko girl. He sighed to himself and wondered if he would just keep making more and more mistakes as time went along. But he remembered the first time he hurt himself with his own magic as a child. His dad told him errors make him learn not to do things in the future. He supposed this was just another mistake.

Ivan whistled sharply as everyone was now focused on Aster leaving him the highest ranking member left in the room. He rolled his shoulders and breathed in deeply. "Kai you're the victim in this situation. If you got anything to say to Aiko then say it now and be done with it. The sooner we get past this the better. I will not have you two squabbling like children from now on. It disgraces Aster and makes us all weaker. So forgive her, curse her, or simply tell her off do whatever you need to move on with this so we can all move on from this little incident. Dagmar as Aster has made it clear you're keeping an eye on her tonight. Meaning you too chill out in her room tonight. If you don't want to then I will. Aiko...honestly I won't lie you fucked up pretty gloriously right there. I understand that probably got a lot on your mind right now so I understand that you're scared but you're not a caged animal. You're a devil. A low class devil but a devil. We're not inherently good people no matter how we act but we got a code. You'll learn it with time." Ivan said as Dagmar spoke up first. "I'll stay with her tonight. But I'm not responsible for whatever this girl does. She's her own person she can take care of herself."

"I have nothing to say to this girl, save for that she had better prove herself a worthy member of our group in order to rectify her mistake." Silas needed say no more as his eyes were colder than steel. The demon devolved his Sacred Gear and left the room, heading outside in order to have some time alone so that he may focus and meditate so that he would not be consumed by his anger. Instead, he would delve his consciousness into his Sacred Gear so as to attempt to unlock his Balance Breaker. He had hope that if managed to do so, he would able to eliminate Nexus with no difficulty.

Aiko looked up as Aster spoke. He spoke of expectations and the role of a knight. The broken girl reached for her chest, where to piece was. Despite the empty feeling, her chest was still intact. Her heart beats slowed down drastically. The mans words finally started to sink in.

my child... can you hear me... it's ok... I put too much on you already and I nearly lost us. Please listen... stay calm... you are safe...

"Safe... I am safe?"

Yes we are safe...

"We... are safe..."

We have much to prove... we have to grow stronger... Remember the man...

"Him... must..."

You he is the bad guy... nobody else...

"Bad..."

Stay strong... grow... learn... I will always be at your side... I will guide you... help you till you can stand firm...

A tear moved down Aiko's eye. She looked around. All the disappointed faces. There looks burned like sun.

You are misunderstood my child... You are broken... incomplete... underdeveloped. I could not save you but I wont let you fall anymore... We will regain there trust. We will prove your worth. We will earn their forgiveness. We will restore yourself. Just trust me, and trust your new family.

"New... Family..."

Aiko slowly got up after Aster and Kai left. She backed to the wall with her head down. While facing the woman with the gun, Dag, and Ivan. She put her hands together. "Will... restore dishonor... will... recover... will not hurt family... will learn... she tells me so... Will Listen"

@VanceXentan
@AceSorcerer
@Iroh

"You'll listen even if she told you not too kid. I may not like being oppressive but I'm not going to shake away from the fact that each of us here willingly gave our lives to Aster no matter the circumstances. Man I need a drink. Hey Dag, Val, I'm going to the bar you chill out here." Ivan said getting up and putting his shoes back on as he walked out the door promptly without waiting for anyone to talk to or answer to somebody. He left Dag and the rest of them standing alone in the room together, "Hey Val because the she-bitch was around I forgot to eat dinner. You're a better cook then me so why not make us some dinner? And no it's not because you're a woman. I just don't trust crazy to cook food and I don't want to give us food poisoning with my food." Dagmar asked of Valerie as he poked Aiko with his pointer finger. "Well how about it nutty want something to eat?" Dagmar asked Aiko with a bored tone. As he waited for someone to answer him.

====

Ivan waved goodbye to Silas as he walked down the street and headed towards the local bar. It was a place where few people went but this time of day there were bound to be some people in there. It was what? 5:00? Maybe 6:00? It didn't really matter to Ivan in the end a place to get away from his little family for the time being was a good place to be at. Of course he didn't hate ALL of them but still at the end of the day he was the guy doing a lot of the hard work. Wasn't a queen supposed to do the light weight stuff? Regardless as Ivan walked he couldn't help but wonder what on Earth was going on here? There shouldn't be exorcists in mass here...the fallen angels were playing a risky game. People here may not know it but this was devil territory. He knew the church well enough they wouldn't risk open war with Gremory and the other houses so why? It was stupid and unreasonable on so many levels. Unless the church had sunk too a new low as of recent. Ivan only wished he could stop them but he knew it would be pointless. He knew the paladins showing up would mean that something big was happening luckily they weren't here yet to his knowledge. He just hoped it stayed that way. He had no interest in killing them.

It took a bit for Ivan to reach the bar but when he arrived he saw that it was still relatively empty as Ivan walked up to the front and waved over to the barkeep. "Hey barkeep got any scotch or whiskey by chance? Need something strong today. Family's been a bunch of...what do you japanese call it? Bakas? Don't worry I don't plan on getting too drunk. Just need to chill out a little."

Everyone was calming down thus making Aiko feel more at ease. She stayed on the wall, using it as support, but at least she was not scared. This was going to be her new family and she shoes to fill. She took a deep breath only to feel Dag poke her head. She flinched and looked up, rubbing her forehead after he removed it. She opened her mouth to respond but she could not form any words. Her stomach rumbled and she tried to grab it to silence it. Then she looked up at Dag and nodded. "Hungry... too" Then she pushed herself off the wall and moved closer to the man. His face had was not scary anymore as with the rest of the people in the group. The voice did not comment on anything but she did not need it now. She had Dag around, her savior. The man who brought her here. As long as he was around, she felt safe.

@Iroh
@VanceXentan

"Not much for words are you? Huh I guess I'm not one to talk myself I suppose." Dagmar said as he looked at the girl with indifference. She was just going to be a pain if she turned out to be one of those socially awkward girls. He himself already had enough trouble communicating with people. He couldn't imagine what this little thing would be like out in the field. He heard her stomach growl and he couldn't help but groan. He looked over to Valerie and wondered if she even cared. "Well Val? You're the team mom woman up."

• Love
Reactions: Unyielding
Fushimi Saruhiko
Fushimi noticed the man that walked in. "That bad huh? Here try this" he mixed a drink, and he started shake it. "I call it the Devil's Sake, should be stronger the both combined" he replied pouring the drink out of the mixing glass, into a drinking glass and set it in front of him. Putting his cigarette in an ash tray, he lit another soon after. He looked around his establishment "Doesn't seem like tonight's very busy, if you need anything else just ask."

@VanceXentan

Ivan laughed at that and smiled while shaking his head. "Whoa there buddy I don't want to get THAT wasted. I just feel the need to chill out a bit. You know how it is I bet right? See a lot of people come in? You see they're not so much my family as they are just a bunch of really close friends. I've never fathered anyone in my life. But I've been kind of put in that sort of role." Ivan said as he took the drink and took a sip of it clenching his jaw as he found it to be really strong. "Oh hell...you know I've never been much of a drinker. It was sort of against my moral code. But given the events the past couple years of my long life I kind of lost the need to keep up those. Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not some scumbag but things like not drinking, and moderation have kind of just lost their brilliance. Aw man what I wouldn't give to go back ten years. But I'm not really complaining. My boss is a good man, I'm the second highest person in my company, and I even got good looks at my age. Not much to complain about other than the work load and the newer employees. I swear new kids always cause so much problems. You know the deal right?" Ivan asked the barkeeper as he stirred his drink around with a nearby table spoon. He stopped for a moment and handed the barkeep the bill for the drink ahead of time stating he didn't like to forget to pay his dues.

Fushimi Saruhiko
Fushimi looked at the man with a slight smile. "Hey don't let it get to you, with time it'll come easy, you know the dojo behind this joint, I run that place as well as this one, I treat all the kids there like they're my own" He took the cigarette out his mouth and blew the smoke out, and stuck it in the ash tray. Putting his hand on the counter he slid the bill back. "It's on the house, after all I was the one to make you try it." he replied to the man. "If you happen to be passing by come in, you could learn a thing or two"

@VanceXentan

"I probably could. Never underestimate what you can learn from another person is what I've learned through my life. I guess you could say I was a bit of a soldier back in the day. Well as much as a smart mouthed kid with a lot of pride could count as a soldier. I took my share of lumps but I gave out a lot more. I'm not trying to brag but trust me when I say I'm not a push over. Even if I look like some greaser out of the USA. I'm sure you guys don't get too many foreigners here. I'm here on a work visa. Japan's a good country even if, forgive me for saying so, you got a lot of weebs and perverts roaming around especially around that one former girl school." Ivan said as he took his money back nodding in gratitude. "Well hey can't say no too a free drink right?" Ivan said raising his glass and taking one more small sip as he breathed in deeply. "I'd say I owe you one but that'd be one hell of a cliche line. Just so you know my kids probably are a lot more annoying than yours. One's a stray, the other is a bit of a schizophrenic, and the other is too obsessed with his family name. Man I wish kids could just lighten up now of days. It's all about their phones, and dating. Or pleasing their parents or being 'edgey'. I liked it better when kids just settled their issues with their fists, and went out and played baseball or went to a bowling alley. This digital age is so weird too me you know? Bah you're young looking yourself you probably don't get where I'm coming from. At least it's your job to listen to bar losers like me angst their day away. Thanks for humoring this old man."

Fushimi Saruhiko
Fushimi looked at the man with a slight smile. "Yeah no kidding, I was a bit of a weeb myself back in the day when I was oh I dunno say ye big" he chuckled putting his hand to about his waist. "Hahahaha" he laughed up a storm"That's gotta be the greatest thing I've heard all weak" he couldn't control himself. "You're only what like 21?" he chuckled. "and technically it's not my job, I just hear people out cause it makes my life a little interesting, but if I helps someone out along the way good for me."

@VanceXentan

Last edited by a moderator:
Valerie looked at Dagmar but didn't move the rest of her body to face him as she clearly took offense to his comment of calling her the mommy.
"Mommy please first of all I only serve our master and I will not baby the person who should be our knight" she said as she stood up.
Valerie took a magazine off the table, to go read in her room as she passed Dagmar "If she's hungry then you feed her, or have her cook for herself I'm no ones mother" she says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lamont was sleeping soundly having weird dreams but he didn't wake up in a cold sweat this time. Paisley woke up and just watched over him she never imagined sharing a bed with a guy, she traced her finger on his chest wondering what he was dreaming about
@VanceXentan
@Unyielding

Status
Not open for further replies.