High School DXD - From the Ashes - In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ha it's been awhile hasn't it Nexus? A worthless former angel like you should know not to underestimate Aster or myself. With each day he grows stronger thanks to the help of those who follow him. So why don't you go away like you always do and I can return to my job. Though I guess it's partially finished now knowing your here. Guess it was divine intervention that I would see you of all people here. For all your supposed holiness you angels were always a pain to deal with even back then." Ivan said with a chuckle as the man vanished and he took a look over to the nun. He shook his head. "Look sweetheart I bet this ain't the life you expected when you joined the church. But guess what it is. There's a reason they need so many exorcists and demons you know. Angels, fallen or not, will always use you and throw you away if you don't know what to look out for. It's one of the reasons I've grown to distrust you people over the years. Besides the obvious." Ivan said as he turned away from the nun and walked towards the boy. "So go back to your chapter and go sprout the word of god or whatever it is you kids call it these days. Just don't tell them I saved you. It could end up pretty bad. Me I've got a bone to pick with the smartass over here." Ivan said with a non nonchalant wave of his hand as he went over to the kid. He was beat up pretty bad. Should've known better than to fight a guy with a sword. The kid was going to die if he didn't receive help soon. He grunted and considered leaving the kid there. But...it just didn't seem like the right thing to do. His conscious nagged at him and he hated when it did that. He grabbed the boy and pulled him up with one hand as he put away the sword, now vanishing into air once again, as he propped the boy up on an pew. He sat on the back of the one in front of him as he looked over the boy again. "You...you're a fighter I'll give you that. Tell me kid: Do you want to die? I can save you right here right now. I'm what you would call a 'queen' like the chess piece not an actual queen. That'd be weird...anyway that's not the point. Look I have the power to heal you and then wipe your memory. You'll think you beat up the exorcist guy, saved a nun, and nothing funny ever happened. You get to live life like usual. Though I can see in your eyes you're not eager to live. You got that spark of hate in your eyes. So tell me kid what do you want the most? Or are you too holy or proud to speak to a devil? Either way it's your time that's wasting not mine." Ivan said with a calm casualness that was clear he wasn't exactly interested in the boy. Nor did it convey the urgency one would see around someone who was dying. It was like he was sitting in a bar asking about the news broadcast.

@Iroh

"Ha it's been awhile hasn't it Nexus? A worthless former angel like you should know not to underestimate Aster or myself. With each day he grows stronger thanks to the help of those who follow him. So why don't you go away like you always do and I can return to my job. Though I guess it's partially finished now knowing your here. Guess it was divine intervention that I would see you of all people here. For all your supposed holiness you angels were always a pain to deal with even back then." Ivan said with a chuckle as the man vanished and he took a look over to the nun. He shook his head. "Look sweetheart I bet this ain't the life you expected when you joined the church. But guess what it is. There's a reason they need so many exorcists and demons you know. Angels, fallen or not, will always use you and throw you away if you don't know what to look out for. It's one of the reasons I've grown to distrust you people over the years. Besides the obvious." Ivan said as he turned away from the nun and walked towards the boy. "So go back to your chapter and go sprout the word of god or whatever it is you kids call it these days. Just don't tell them I saved you. It could end up pretty bad. Me I've got a bone to pick with the smartass over here." Ivan said with a non nonchalant wave of his hand as he went over to the kid. He was beat up pretty bad. Should've known better than to fight a guy with a sword. The kid was going to die if he didn't receive help soon. He grunted and considered leaving the kid there. But...it just didn't seem like the right thing to do. His conscious nagged at him and he hated when it did that. He grabbed the boy and pulled him up with one hand as he put away the sword, now vanishing into air once again, as he propped the boy up on an pew. He sat on the back of the one in front of him as he looked over the boy again. "You...you're a fighter I'll give you that. Tell me kid: Do you want to die? I can save you right here right now. I'm what you would call a 'queen' like the chess piece not an actual queen. That'd be weird...anyway that's not the point. Look I have the power to heal you and then wipe your memory. You'll think you beat up the exorcist guy, saved a nun, and nothing funny ever happened. You get to live life like usual. Though I can see in your eyes you're not eager to live. You got that spark of hate in your eyes. So tell me kid what do you want the most? Or are you too holy or proud to speak to a devil? Either way it's your time that's wasting not mine." Ivan said with a calm casualness that was clear he wasn't exactly interested in the boy. Nor did it convey the urgency one would see around someone who was dying. It was like he was sitting in a bar asking about the news broadcast.

@Iroh
Lamont was dying he could barely comprehend what the guy was saying but he heard the important parts....
"Look I want to live to give that sword guy another black eye, I don't care what else happens devils or whatever... " he looked at Ivan in the eye... "I don't want you wiping anything you hear me if i lost then i just have to make sure I win next time... got that" he says eyes wide open before passing out

"Alright then if you think I'm letting you pass our your sadly mistaken. Lucky for you a queen gets the power of a bishop too." Ivan said as he reached down and raised his hand above the boy's chest as he breathed in deeply as a blue aura gathered around the man's hand. The tissue and bone mended together slowly but slowly and it stung. The process was slow but eventually the the wound was mended together the pain forcing Lamont to wake up. "Alright then kid if you don't want to get your memories wiped what do you purpose too do? I...think I could offer you a chance to become a devil. BUT you'll need to show me a reason for me too recruit you. I'm not the top dog but I'm not bringing back some half baked loser. You got a spirit that's why I'm offering you this rare chance. BUT! Can you give up god? The chance for a better afterlife? The mere concept of a holy life will never again be a possibility. You will live the rest of your life to serve others and your master or you will die a brutal death and forever resign yourself to hell. I'm not expecting an answer right away kid. I'll give you a day or two too think it over. In fact I INSIST on it. You're in the moment and you're getting way ahead of yourself. Oh by the way no more heroics for the rest of today. I'm not a full fledged healer. You won't die immediately from blood loss but you need water and some bandages. Neither of which I have." Ivan said none too impressed by the little brat's tone. He was heated and angry it meant he wouldn't be thinking straight. You needed a cool head to get places in life.

@VanceXentan

Lamont felt his wound close up there was still pain but he was somewhat healed... he heard all of Ivan's speech about becoming a devil and forsaking GOD and being denied a holy life and afterlife and being forced to serve....

"You can give me time to think but to be honest I don't have faith in a Holy life, and I lived my life assuming I was hellbound anyway. I serve no master but I would like to have the power to protect people who are important to me if i ever get any" he says.

Lamont stood up... "Thanks for helping me but I'm gonna head home and rest, not everyday you survive a sword through the chest am I right" he says

The nun rushed and hugged Lamont "Thank you for saving my life you are a good man to think a man of God tried to kill me" she says to Lamont and he hugged her back as he did feel good about helping her.

"Not a problem I'd make the same decision every time but that guy over there is the real savior or we'd both be dead" he replied

She turned to Ivan.. "I never thought I'd be indebted to a devil but you have opened my eyes I will be leaving the church and I will try to find myself" she said leaving the church

Last edited by a moderator:
"Then get going kid. I have better places to be myself. As for that sword in your chest...well you come to expect it when you live as long as I have. Trust me being stabbed isn't fun is it?" Ivan stated as he watched the nun get up and rush over to him then leave the church proclaiming herself too be free from the church itself. "Well I didn't see that happening...well I guess there's a first time for everything I suppose. Whatever it's her life she can do as she pleases with it. Oh and by the way. The name's Ivan. If you want to see me again...then you'll need this. Just make sure you know for certain what you want from me and too use it by yourself. You just need to put some blood on it and if I can I should be able to come and see you again." Ivan said leaning down and slipping the boy a piece of white paper with a red hex drawn in the middle. It was clearly some sort of evil rune but what it was for was to be seen. Ivan got up shortly after and told the boy goodbye as Ivan walked out of the church yawning as he left.

Lamont took the paper he wondered how a piece of paper would summon Ivan but after seeing what he saw today he didn't question it... "OK i will"

Lamont left the church and began walking home, after about 30 minutes he stopped... "Why not stop following me and tell me your name?" he asked
He turned around and saw the nun he had saved following him...

"Oh you saw me following you.., I guess you are skilled my name is Paisley" she said
Lamont turned and walked to her and he walked with her for a moment... "Its not skill you suck at tailing someone but why are you following me?" he asked

She looked up at the significantly taller guy, "All i ever known was the church it was my hope, my life, and my source of inspiration... i honestly have nowhere to go and I don't know why i'm following you honestly" she replied with a tear in her eye
"So im guessing what that Ivan guy said kinda shook you to the core ... especially about the angels and a priest attempting to kill you, well why was he trying to kill you?" he asked

She looked at him kinda shaking, "He said I was tainted, and a thief. He said i had a power stolen from the angels and that I sinned and the only way to repent for the sin of stealing a sacred gear was with my life. I tried to beg and plead as I don't know what a sacred gear is and I did not steal anything but he was relentless" she said

Soon they made it to Zions home it was late and his parents were asleep he could sneak her in at least for the night.

"Wow im sorry you went through that and I don't know what a Sacred gear is either but your unique, and if the church is your life then you should continue to believe in it. Now I'm not a religious man, far from it but when I was I was taught that its all about faith. Faith in humanity and faith that our creator is looking over us, so one fanatic with help from a dark angel shouldn't change your faith" he said to her.

This made Paisley cry... "You know im amazed at how many times you will save me today..., thankyou and you are right... honestly i will return to the church, I won't lie im actually afraid to head back to the convent" she said.

"Well you can spend the rest of the day at my home and leave in the morning ..., I don't want you walking back on your own and I'm not going to try anything perverted but my family is gone for the day on business they were arguing earlier so i stepped out till it was time for them to go" he said making the offer.

Paisley thought for a moment, she had never slept in the same room as a man before but she more then trusted Lamont at this time so she agreed... "Well I am really tired after today's ordeal" she said....Lamont laughed to himself "You I was just brought back from the verge of death.. i should really rest to" he said

In Lamont's room

Lamont came in with a nighty for her to put on.. "This belongs to my mom lucky our closet is in the hallway" he said turning around as Paisley got dressed...

29f1c0bffb7b39ec97b6f3ad3c593f2b.jpg

"Umm i'm kinda shy ... but how does it look" she asked
Lamont turned around and was stunned for a moment... "Wow looks good on you, umm you hid quite the body under those robes... well I won't keep you up.. i'll sleep in my parents room" he says placing a some more sheets on the bed for Paisley.
Paisley blushed and nodded as she got into the bed.
Lamont finished fixing the bed, then walked out the room ... to his parents bedroom where he dropped to one knee... "OWWW.. damn he may have healed me but theres still pain" he said to himself. He was surprised when he felt Paisley's arm on his shoulder...
"Lamont your hurt, ... you put a strong face but you shouldn't sleep alone" she says helping him get into the bed and remove his clothes but kept his boxers on of course.

"Thankyou but I'm not use to people taking care of me..." he began to say but she gave him a little kiss on the cheek.
"Thats just a thankyou again for saving me but i'm gonna watch over you at least till we wake" she says getting in the bed with him.
"Yea its only three maybe by tonight I will feel better" he says as she cuddles up with him

Aiko lowered her head after being told she could not be sad for her parents death. It was something her parents also told her when she was little. Death was a common occurrence in that business. Still until she killed that man, she did not plan to just let it go. She also did not want to just lay in bed while the killer ran loose. After Valerie left the room, Aiko Crawled out of bed and turned off any lights she could. she remember the power of the the black girl Tsukami. She remembered how the last time she came out, it was dark. Her objective now was to speak to black girl face to face. Then maybe she could get some answers.

After a minutes pass, nothing happened. Aiko made a fist and then called out the girl's name. There was no response. Then she try to force her out with her mind by thinking really hard. Still there was no response. After giving herself a headache she fell on her knees. As she closed her eyes, she felt a cold hand on her head.

"Patience is a virtue my child..."

Aiko tried to turn around, but her body felt paralyze.

"We are not strong enough to act alone. Only together can survive. Can we... move on."
Aiko gritted her teeth.

"Tem... per... Tem... per... You dragged me out..."

"I want him dead..."

"As do I..."

"Then you will kill him?"

"You ask too much of me... my child"

"But he is too strong... How can I possible do it."

"A blade in the back always worked for me..."

"I am serious Tsukami!"

"As am I... My child, you ask your shadow to move without moving your self. Your naive nature you cute but you have a lot to learn."

"I... I dont understand"

Then Aiko felt a pair of lips on the side of her face. They were colder then anything she has felt in her life. Then the cold became a sense of pleasure that flowed throughout her body. She trembled as the feeling overwhelmed her. It felt like she had a void inside of her and it was finally filled. She felt complete. She felt alive. Then the lips lifted from her skin and it all went away.

"Because, only we... can understand..."

Then the lights turned on and Tsukami was gone.

@VanceXentan
@Iroh

Last edited:
Reactions: Iroh
Aster finished washing his hands and breathed in deeply. He could only wonder what things were left for today. It had been what...half an hour since Dag brought the girl back? Making it four something...there was still a lot of time left in the day. He groaned as he heard shouting coming from the other room. Dagmar complaining from the perverbal chaffing collar his familiar insisted on keeping around him. Star in return was shouting at him for putting his bloody coat into the washer. The two would find a middle ground eventually though...they usually did and when they didn't he figured he'd have to step in. Aster went back too the living room and collapsed onto his couch as he breathed in deeply. "Something tells me I'm going to need a bigger sense of patience soon enough. A new knight, my collection slowly increasing too the point of completion, and the increasing feeling that the devil houses around town were becoming more and more aware of my presence. Maybe it was a mistake coming here half cocked? Whatever I'll do it live...I'll just adjust to these events too the best of my ability. Sure I don't have the strength of Gremory or Phoenix but I've got some of the most unusual pieces ever assembled. I have to find a way to use everything I got to my advantage...but what do I have exactly?" grumbled Aster as the TV program stopped and reported that there were a couple of bodies found somewhere near a fountain. No murder suspects were yet named though it was a stabbing incident. Well...there was the cops late as ever. Humans...humans were so out of touch with things it was pretty stupid how they never questioned things. They just went along with their lives as if they were the only things in control of the world. The world had lost touch with it's spiritual side...and that's what let devils like him take advantage of overly emotional or lonely humans. Angels have failed in their duties. "...So here I am sitting alone by myself while the world spins around me like a top. I'm not the center I'm just a moon orbiting a bigger planet. I need to find a way to increase my standing more...hell just to be recognized by the houses will be a chore." Aster complained as he laid back into the couch even more and ran his hand through his hair. He looked at the ceiling wishing things were simpler than they actually were.

"What do you want?"

The twenty-year-old hadn't been a devil for half a decade, but he was already increasingly tired of these exorcists. This time, it was a young greenhorn, a black-haired, brown-eyed individual that had seemingly recently been indoctrinated into the ways of the exorcists. The taller of the two stood, shaking somewhat as a rosary hung around his neck as he held a vial of holy water like a grenade. There were other, senior exorcists hiding that Silas could detect, but he currently payed no heed to them. The devil, who stood shorter than the exorcist, chuckled as a bass voiced sounded once more. "What's the matter, cat got your tongue? Turn back now, I don't want to hurt someone who is practically a kid."

The devil stood five feet and ten inches tall, three inches shorter than the mean height of the triad of exorcists. As per the uniform of his college, the devil wore a black turtleneck, a black belt, a dark grey jacket, and dark grey pants. His auburn hair was recently cut, the Pawn having grown it out on a dare from the Rook. Whatever the other devils had been up to in the town recently, it had drawn large amounts of attention, enough so that lesser devil houses were practically being decimated left and right. Regardless, one look at Silas revealed that his build was that of a swordsman, the focus of exercise being the core as well as the shoulders, followed by the remainder of the body receiving an equal focus.

Soon enough, the calamitous clergy shrieked some creed in a terrified tenor as he lobbed the holy water towards Silas. As that was by no means how one would use holy water in a fight against a devil, the audible groans of the senior exorcists as they made themselves known, one wielding a Light Sword and the other a Light Spear. After some inaudible exchange, the meekest of the three backed away as the younger of the two exorcists spoke up, addressing the devil, calling out in a snarl.

"Devil! Surrender yourself unto the divine will of God, and repent of your errs so that you may be born anew in the afterlife!"

Once the second tenor had made his request, the devil gave a half smile, chuckling aloud before speaking up.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't feel like dying today. I have nothing against the three of you, so I'll ask you to step away and forget this ever happened."

The two exorcists nodded, soon charging forward. With a sigh, the otherwise unremarkable citrine gem beginning to glow as the Sacred Gear began to take on its base form as a grey gauntlet. Once that was accomplished, the devil leaped back, summoning a longsword and taking a duelist's stance. Parrying the first exorcist's Light Sword with a left swipe, the Pawn slashed forwards in an attempt to disarm him. Missing as the exorcist side-stepped, the second exorcist then moved to kill Silas, who dashed backwards in turn so that his longsword's pommel made contact with the exorcist's sternum, which knocked them onto the ground after a loud crack was audible. Now that exorcist wasn't dead, merely knocked out. After all, Silas didn't want to kill any of them, lest he should stir up even more trouble. Turning a tad too late, the Pawn found himself nearly impaled as the other exorcist landed a blow across his arm. Having the longsword shift into a lighter variant, the devil had to fight with his wounded his left arm as his uninjured arm focused a quick burst of healing magic into his wounded arm before the pain of reconnecting sinew became apparent, causing the devil to stagger as he rolled to the side before standing up. Desperate to get this over with quick, the devil charged and flayed at the exorcist with the flat of the blade. Once the impact left the enemy staggered and unconscious, Silas implemented his teleportation magic to appear at the King's location, sighing.

"The exorcists are becoming extremely active lately. I'm not sure who did what, but whatever happened got them extremely aggravated."

"You too? I thought I was the only one with something to report." Ivan commented as he stepped into the room his usual calm demeanor sharply in contrast with the frown on his face. "The thing is this is going to piss off a lot of people but I got into a fight with an exorcist in church. What they're doing here is down right asking for a war. Gremory is taking notice of this for sure. Don't even get me started on everyone else. This town is going to hell. So what's the plan boss?" Ivan said as he stepped into the room taking off his shoes and putting them in the large rectangular box where they kept their shoes. "What? Are you kidding me three incidents in one day!? My pawn, my rook, and my queen all fighting exorcists in one day within the SAME HOUR!? God damn them! It can't be the church itself! They wouldn't do this! One girl we recruited into our ranks today before you got here, she's in the room over there with Val, she has a sacred gear. You got a sacred gear too don't you Silas? There COULD be a connection...they're after devils, some with sacred gear some not, and they're willing to kill mortals. Is there anything else you can tell me Ivan?" Aster said putting his head in his hands and leaning forward onto the table. "Well I neglected to mention the exorcist was trying to kill a nun. For some reason he called her corrupt and judging by her quick dismissal of the church afterward she may have been very much a piece of work. Regardless Nexus is with them. You know the fallen angel that tried to get us when we first got here?" Ivan said as Aster breathed in deeply and then groaned. "That piece of trash? He's ordering around fallen exorcists now? Could we be stuck in the crossfire of some civil war? Whatever I don't care for now we try to keep out of it unless needed. Keep following contracts for mortals but try to avoid other devils as much as possible They're situated mainly at that former all girl school so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid them all entirely unless they're out for blood. I need to find out more information and we need more time to prepare. Damn it this is not how I expected this day to play out....Hey Silas you're smart any ideas? Any possible plans?" Aster asked as Ivan looked over to the younger man and chuckled. "Come on mister smarty pants show us what you got." Ivan said with a chuckle.

Valerie entered the room to see Aster, Ivan and Silas.. she only took notice to them as Dag was probably around there somewhere... "I am surprised that my master did not ask his loyal bishop for advice" she said chiming in.
Valerie stepped into the room and sat down... "I personally think we should avoid devils, angels, and the fallen... we may have Ivan, Silas and you lord Aster but I'm a bishop and our knight is untrained. I personally don't know why she was chosen but from this point on we should scout for the elite talents, no novices" she says
"There are fallen devil houses with capable rooks and other pawns, we find them recruit them then go to war... make the name Nightblood as infamous as Gremory or Phoenix."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lamont awoke and Paisley was asleep laying over him... he looked at her pretty face and she seemed so sweet and innocent... "Soon you'll be back where you belong, and you'll be happy" he said as he slipped from under her and went downstairs... He was still in pain but it wasn't life threatening. Lamont opened the fridge and grabbed the gallon of water, he thought about pouring it in a cup just in case Paisley wanted some but he shook his head and just drank from the gallon. A little crude but he didn't care, and he shut the refrigerator door and dropped the gallon of water as it spilled on the ground a Lamont saw Paisley standing before him.

"Were you not going to wake me?" she asked stepping closer to Lamont. He scratched the back of his head... "umm yea well you looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you" he replied.
He was caught off guard when she hugged him...
"You reaffirmed my faith in the church and let me rest in your home, honestly I wish there was something I could give you" she said

Lamont hugged her back "thank you but its not necessary" he replied
She pulled away for a moment... "Well there's one thing.. I have that I have not given to anyone... and before I return to the church ...I...I ..." she began to say and then kissed Lamont.
Caught off guard at first but Lamont kissed her back but when she attempted to undo the night gown Lamont stopped her.
"Look I'm no saint but I can't allow you to do this, I know you think you want to but you just feel grateful and vulnerable and you don't want to go back to the church sullied in anyway" he said

Paisley froze for a moment as she thought about what he said... "But you saved my life... if anyone deserves..." she began to say but he cut her off again

"Man i'm probably gonna hate myself later but I'm sure in time you will save my life as much trouble as I get in, now go back to bed I will come up shortly" he said. Paisley turned and agreed as she walked back upstairs... when Lamont hears the door shut he immediately starts doing push up..."Oh man stupid stupid stupid being a gentleman is not fun at all you just turned down a virgin hottie wow i must have brain damage from being healed" he says as he was in pain but he was pushing past the pain.

@VanceXentan

"Well I thought you were busy taking care of our new knight. Also I didn't give her the knight she chose it. I figured since fate happened to bring us a sacred gear user with a spirit inside of her that means we should let it dictate her piece as well. Who am I too interfere with such things? I mean what are the chances of running into yet another sacred gear user in this town? One that just happens to be wanted by fallen angels? It means she is powerful. If she proves herself worthless...well we'll deal with that as it comes. At worse she can be thrown to the wolves in a fight but I'd prefer it not come to that. I don't throw my servants to the dogs just like that."

"It's wrong AND it goes against everything my father brought me up to believe. Or are you forgetting my father Val? But since you're here if you have advice let's hear it. As you already know we have already sought out allies and have found them. Three noble houses already belong under my banner as small and as weak as they may be old pacts of loyalty are enough to make them kneel it seems so far. I will find the remaining pieces in time however strong or experienced they may or may not be. I don't intend on going to war with anyone just yet. I want my house recognized not to burn down Sitri, I don't want to fell Gremory, and I'd feel a lot better not having to contend with Phoenix just yet. And while I'd love to see god's church burn to the ground that's not exactly a viable option as I'm sure I don't need to tell you all." commented with a stiff flatness expressing how tired of this day he was already. It made him feel naucious. It didn't take long for Dagmar to come back in with his casual clothes taken off. He was wearing a whole different outfit. "Your fucking bitch made me take off my clothes Lord Aster! What being does that?! I liked my clothes!" Dagmar grumbled indignantly as he paid no acknowledgement to the others in the room. "Well MAYBE if you understood why how annoying it is and how wasteful as well it would be to clean only one thing in the washer!" came the snarled retort from the wolf girl.

"Oh great the love birds at it again huh? Well at that won't ever change." Ivan said with a laugh as Dagmar flipped him off and walked upstairs. "Heh he never has been able to take a joke. But to be honest guys I think we should stay under the radar it's way too much of a hassle to get involved unless they intentionally start to attack us." Ivan said simply as he looked around the room and grabbed a chair from the kitchen and pulled it into the living room. "Let's face it we came here to restore Aster's place here. Our little Lord Nightblood is only worthy of claiming he's a baron right now let alone a prince. We should focus on learning more about the other houses and moving in then when we got breathing room from the devils here then we can focus on whatever bullshit these fallen angels are up too. Unless you all think we're ready to actually FIGHT an entire group of them on our own. We haven't been in one actual rating game have we? We've gotten our allies through negotiation so far and promises of power. We can't exactly keep going with that but at the same time we need to properly organize ourselves if we're to be an effective fighting force. Right now we're pretty much the expendables. A lot of powerful people who can get stuff done on their own but can't work together as a cohesive unit. That's a pretty big deal." Ivan said dropping his casualness and becoming serious as he rested his head on his arms that were on top of the chair having twirled it around to sit facing everyone.

Silas crossed his arms as he entered into deep thought, pondering various variables before speaking up after making a quick clarification. "In my situation, it was a group of three exorcists, but given they equipment they had in addition to the fact they were still fully sane, they were definitely with the Church. That, and given the nature of my Sacred Gear and the dragon within, I'm already more of an innate target. Furthermore, the only sets of Sacred Gears that are connected are the Longinus Gears and the Sacred Gears with dragons within, solely due to the fact that dragons detect one another innately. Heck, one of the few times Tharanuil actually talks is when such a moment occurs that we pass another Sacred Gear that has a dragon inside of it."

Once the others had stated their piece, Silas spoke up again, this time his tone a bit more sagacious and hesitant. "While your point remains a viable option, Val, we still need to check our bearings. Regardless, the exorcists who attacked me were two senior exorcists and one who appeared to be an acolytr going through some kind of initiation. Even more, their equipment and garb indicated that they weren't fallen exorcists and were definitely still part of the church. We also need to take in consideration that it's not Lent or Advent, when the church typically trains acolytes and deacons who are becoming exorcist. From that knowledge alone, we know that the church, at least on a local level, is scared out of its wits about something.

"Furthermore, the way Nexus is behaving indicates that he's gotten ahold of some kind of power source, whether it be an artifact or some status within that fallen angels. Although I doubt the current Governor-General, given his leadership style, would willing allow someone like Nexus to go up the ladder. I have a contact I might be able to get some information out of, but it's not safe to do so alone anymore.

"In regards to a civil war, if there was... no, is one going on, it's likely either in its infancy or its not on a scale large enough for the other Peerages to care for it. However, that is assuming that the civil war is among fallen angels or devils. If it ends up being between the church outside of theological arguments, angels and spirits of non-Christian belief, or gods outside of the God of the Bible, we may have some trouble. Not just for us, but for everybody. Right now, we just need to hope that there won't be another war."

Last edited:
@AceSorcerer
@VanceXentan

Valerie listened to what Silas had to say and had a response to everything along with what her master had said as well.
"My lord I am use to war, I know how it feels to be thrown to the wolves and I am in no way suggesting that we throw her
into war. I agree that they would not be after her unless she was powerful but I just believe we should have found a knight
who proved their strength not one that has to build up their power. We do not know how long it will take to draw out
her true power"
she replied

Valerie was well aware of what Aster's father's teachings. "My advice is that we Ally with Gremory a reputable devil house
they could protect us while we grow and their benefit would be having us as an Ally for when we do reach power
to go against their enemies"
she says

Silas began talking about the Exorcists and civil war but Valerie felt that war was coming especially if the exorcists were attacking
so many sacred gear users. "Nexus may be taking sacred gears for himself, in a bid to gain power, and is manipulating the exorcists
to do so. War is coming I stand by allying with Gremory and recruiting reputable experienced evil pieces into our devil house, the
Knight will stay we will just have to train her well, but there is a possibility that we can convert other species, maybe even
other realms, the Norse realm has no qualms with us"
she says

"We can't take things at first glances Silas people use clothes to fool each other all the time and one exorcist is hard to tell from the others. Besides we haven't seen paladins yet. If there were paladins here that would be the big red flag. We just need to find more allies and try to survive whatever mess those fools are making up out there. I'm moving to see if we can do what Val says: make friends with Gremory. But I am not allying with them permanently. They will demand we bow to them and that's not something I intend on doing to anyone. We're small, we have few allies, and we're still new to this place. However we have numerous sacred gears at our disposal unlike many houses, and we have some of the most optimal combatants out of most devil houses. Most of the houses have neglected their warriors letting them get rusty. We don't have the luxury. For now I will work on finding another knight worthy of the title. But Nexus takes priority as our first. Whatever he's up too needs to be stopped. First thing tomorrow we should send out at least two of us. I'll have Dag and Val stay behind to teach our new knight her new role. I will be a hub. Anything that needs to be done can be worked through me. Unlike you guys I can telepathically communicate with you through my magician powers assuming I can pinpoint you. Ivan and Silas will work together to find Nexus. Kill him or at least force him too back off for a while. The fool is probably already on the watch list of Sitri as well knowing their little hard on for picking off threats as soon as possible. Does that sound like a good plan?" Aster asked the assembled group as he recomposed himself from the frustration and breathed in deeply. "I like the sound of it. Besides it'll give me a chance too show up Silas again." Ivan said with a sly grin towards Silas. He was just teasing him but all the same he felt like the situation needed to be toned down a bit. Everyone was so serious. "You know what I could use some of right now? Some ice cream! Anyone want some? Come on I know you guys like the stuff." Ivan said with a casual chuckle as Aster considered it for a second. "Sure get me some vanilla if you would be so kind Ivan." Aster said with a smile.

"If we're going to fight Nexus with just the two of us, I'll have to have Queen Promotion beforehand. Given his current state, I'll have to use my Sacred Gear as much as I can , possibly summoning the two wyverns bound to me as well. Otherwise, I'll take a mint chocolate chip. That, and grab some licorice. Before we fight Nexus, I'll make it a point to see my informant. She owes me a couple of favors and she has a soft spot for black licorice, so at the very least she won't be a hostile. Never takes side in these things anyway, the information dealing pays a tad too well it seems."

It was then that Tharanuil spoke up from within the Sacred Gear, speaking to his partner in a deep, wise bass voice that would have echoed through the room had it been aloud.

So the fallen one has emerged once more... and now you wish to seeks its end. I believe you are capable, even as a Pawn, with the aid of the Queen.

"Even if that is so, it never hurts the be prepared. With conjuration and a Promotion, Ivan and I should be perfectly capable of taking Nexus down."

And you are also seeing the halfling beforehand, correct?

"That is the plan."

Can she truly be trusted?

"I should think so. And even then, knowledge is power. Who better to get it from than our old friend?"

Very well.

With that exchange over, Silas soon took a seat in one of the chair, mulling over the situation thus far.

"Screw that, get your own stuff Kai you're not the king. Besides I'm the queen remember? Kinda bigger than the pawn." Ivan said walking off the kitchen with a laugh. "The fight probably won't be in enemy territory nor can I grant the promotion unless it's a number's game. If it turns out you're in enemy territory then I shall do my best to give you the temporary boost. However I believe the fight will take place in neutral ground. I thought I explained that too you when I gave you that rook promotion that one time. I have the upmost confidence that you won't need to go into your full strength if you can work together properly. If you can't defeat him outright like that then you can at least hinder him. As I said I want to stay under the radar for all I know this was just a one time thing though knowing about the numbers today it probably isn't. Besides even with those two creatures they're just lower tier dragons. I don't think they'd help that much. However I could be wrong I've never really seen you at your full power just yet though I know it was considerable. I'd put you on par with Dagmar if I had to guess. Alright maybe I'm being a little too cautious and careful but I don't think we should play all our cards on the table. If we do we're done for because the others houses ARE watching us. If they aren't they're idiots or they don't think much of us. I will give you whatever you need to get your contact to talk Silas just make sure it's worth it.' Aster said as Ivan came back with some vanilla ice cream and handed it too Aster who gratefully accepted it and took a spoonful of it into his mouth.

@VanceXentan

Valerie looked on... she was kind of upset the only time she really got to see action was in group battles and mainly healing and enhancing her team...
"This sucks I would love to take a crack at Nexus, but I understand why I will not be part of the festivities... I can't say I'm not jealous and wonder why
my inner power had to be that of a bishop... I can't complain I did promise the young masters mother I would protect him"
she said.

When Ivan came back with vanilla ice cream Valerie's mouth watered a little bit... "I should have asked for Ice cream, can I have some?" she asked

~~~~~~~~~~

Lamont was in bed with Paisley and she wasn't making anything easy for him, she seemed to hug him closer as she slept and that was keeping him up well
his hormones were keeping him up but he was enough of a gentlemen to not feed into those impure thoughts.....
Lamont was thinking about Ivan healing him and although he was not 100% he felt good other then some slight pain he really felt good. He was sore like he just
had a good workout. Lamont took the paper out of his pocket... and looked at it... "How am I supposed to summon him with this piece of paper. What should I
do, I see that power that he possesses he took out that crazy priest with one strike, even that guy with black wings didn't want to fight him. Would I gain power
like that or something else. OOOHHHH this is so confusing all that I know is that he or his master can make me stronger and I can help people like Paisley without
getting killed maybe. To agree to serve someone I don't know what if this master is a jerk....damn so much to think about"
he thought​

"Um sure I suppose I mean it's not like I horde ice cream for myself. Besides not allowing my bishop to have nice things is like asking for her to 'accidentally' botch my next healing." Aster said as he took another bite and Ivan laughed. "Hah some grown ass woman you are Val. Salivating over dessert? I mean that's something an eight year old would do." Ivan said with a sly grin and a hearty laugh as he sat back down heavily into his chair. "At least she doesn't dress like some guy from the eighties." Aster said promptly as Ivan stopped and looked over to Aster. "I'll have you know this WAS fashionable in the eighties you little punk."

A burst of heat surrounded Aiko as the chilling air around Tsukami suddenly vanished. As with the cold, the feeling of being complete vanished. She started panting as the warm air filled her lungs. She wanted to cry for help but her voice would not come out. Then the lights became brighter and brighter till they were blinding and their heat was burning her skin. She slowly rose to her feet and tried to block the light with her hands but it just passed through her hand.

"Alone, a shadow cannot be... but as one, we exist."

The chilling voice ran through Aiko's head. Then as the voice stopped, everything returned to normal. She looked around to see nothing had change. She was sweating a little but other then that, she was still in the bed.

"It was a dream..."

Aiko placed her hand on her chest as to cover something. Everything was their but that void feeling from her dream was still their. It was a very weak feeling but it gnawed at her. She took a deep breath and got up. Her legs felt a little weak, so she used the wall as a support. Slowly she walked to the door and accidentally, hit the light switch. As the lights went off, the feeling of being complete returned. Chills of pleasure ran through her spine, sapping her energy. Her legs trembled and she grew more tired. Slowly she sunk to the floor. Before she hit the ground, she remembered her parents dieing and the man who did it. She rose to her feet and flipped on the lights. Though the void feeling returned, it kept her awake. Slowly the strength in her legs returned and she could stand without wall.

She made it to the door and grabbed the handle. Voices leaked through, most she knew but 2 were unknown. She became terrified. Where those voices here to finish her off? Was she safe? Should she leave the room?

Dont worry my child. There is no threat we cannot handle. Our lord would not allow you to just die after helping you.

Through Tsukami's words, Aiko build up the courage to turned the door knob and stumbled into the room. There was 5 other devils in the room. 3 she knew and 2 she didn't. And worst... they were eatting ICE CREAM... The horror. Suddenly the feeling of fear turned into nervousness from being around knew people. At least she was sure nobody was going to just attack her. Still the empty feeling pulsed with her heart. She lower her head, hoping to hid the fact her feelings. She bowed and tried to say something, "H..H..." She could not finished one word. The nervousness overtook her, and she was paralyze in her bowing pose. Not to mention the light in the room seemed brighter then it was.

@VanceXentan
@AceSorcerer
@Iroh

Status
Not open for further replies.