High School DXD Based Roleplay Ideas (2 Ideas)

Which group?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait now... I thought the rook was the tank and the knight was the speedster (because the knight is the only piece that could jump over players in chess)

I mean even in the show, the little girl was the most durable thing on that show while kiba was fast and skilled. Granted they both were strong, but i dont think aggro is the best description of the knight chess piece. And even you take it for face value.

Your comparing a castle wall to a horse...

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying your character will be the tank. I'm saying the other groups will probably be pick on your character first if she is the knight. A knight is the one going for the offensive plays. Rooks can do that and tank yes but they're more limited in what they can do when compared to the knight. I could be wrong but here's what the wiki says about both classes:

Knights (騎士ナイト, Naito) are worth 3 Pawns. Knights gain increased speed and mobility, enabling them to perform high-speed attacks and maneuvers. However, their main weakness is their low defense, making them vulnerable to powerful attacks if they are not careful. Another weakness among knights are their legs; if their legs are injured, their mobility is greatly reduced.
Rooks (戦車ルーク, Rūku) are worth 5 Pawns. Rooks gain superhuman strength, leading to high offense and defense. However, they are not very quick, and can get beaten easily by a high-speed opponent. It was mentioned in Volume 2 and shown by Rias in Volume 4 that the King can perform castling with a Rook piece.
While rooks are more valued they're also more of the piece that can be used for defense or offensive. They're as you say the wall. But they're not a standing castle wall they're more of a pikeman if you would let me reference ancient greece. They're hard to take down from the front and they essentially are prime targets for knights. Therefore we will need a capable knight who is capable of handling speedy but highly talented and powerful opponents. Granted my Queen NPC will be a complete badass in his own right but what I'm trying to get through is that the knight position is best filled by a skilled combatant that can handle a big enemy or at least keep them busy while the other pieces do their work. You will essentially be taking on any quicker enemy the rooks won't be able to handle. Especially other knights and priests/Exorcists/Paladins who I intend to be rather big threats in roleplay. If you believe your character can fit that role I'll give it too you I just want to make sure we got the pieces in the right places as unlike the church I don't have the luxury of just allowing everyone into their own class at will.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Unyielding
I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying your character will be the tank. I'm saying the other groups will probably be pick on your character first if she is the knight. A knight is the one going for the offensive plays. Rooks can do that and tank yes but they're more limited in what they can do when compared to the knight. I could be wrong but here's what the wiki says about both classes:

While rooks are more valued they're also more of the piece that can be used for defense or offensive. They're as you say the wall. But they're not a standing castle wall they're more of a pikeman if you would let me reference ancient greece. They're hard to take down from the front and they essentially are prime targets for knights. Therefore we will need a capable knight who is capable of handling speedy but highly talented and powerful opponents. Granted my Queen NPC will be a complete badass in his own right but what I'm trying to get through is that the knight position is best filled by a skilled combatant that can handle a big enemy or at least keep them busy while the other pieces do their work. You will essentially be taking on any quicker enemy the rooks won't be able to handle. Especially other knights and priests/Exorcists/Paladins who I intend to be rather big threats in roleplay. If you believe your character can fit that role I'll give it too you I just want to make sure we got the pieces in the right places as unlike the church I don't have the luxury of just allowing everyone into their own class at will.
So you're queen will be a man what about the king

Both of them are male just as Rias and Akeno are female. The Queen will be the first member ever recruited by the king. He has a rather complicated history though I do feel it is an interesting one in my own opinion. The status of queen is that the piece gets all the boosts of all the classes and seeing as he was already a badass before hand he's the joker in the deck so to speak. They're not lovers or blood relatives but they are very close due to their shared history even though the queen is at least a decade older.

Both of them are male just as Rias and Akeno are female. The Queen will be the first member ever recruited by the king. He has a rather complicated history though I do feel it is an interesting one in my own opinion. The status of queen is that the piece gets all the boosts of all the classes and seeing as he was already a badass before hand he's the joker in the deck so to speak. They're not lovers or blood relatives but they are very close due to their shared history even though the queen is at least a decade older.
Ok Kool now I'm wondering if my character would be male or female I would prefer a male but idk I will see what others plan on making or I can make a male and have him interact with npc females

Well that is perfect. As a ninja/assassin (reason i keep doing this is because i dont know what culture we will be in) She benefits greatly from the speed.

Here is my idea:

Female who wields a short katana and a giant shuriken on her back which is attached to a really really really thin wire. Her ability is pretty simple. She can manipulate the energy from vibration and waves in molecules (mostly through sound). Though she cannot produce the energy to create vibrations out of nothing yet, she has enhanced hearing and along as she can hear or feel it, she can manipulate it. Now granted because she is use to manipulating sound, she struggles when dealing with vibrations and waves in the ground. Also her hearing is so good that if you were whispering from across the room, it would be like screaming in her ear. Thus she has to wear noise canceling headphones to limit her hearing

What can she do with this energy:
She can absorb the energy from sound waves.
Create weapons from the sound wave energy.
She can use this energy to block attacks but because it wastes so much energy, she can only keep it up for a second (flash barrier)
And her ultimate attack is Mute (her trump card)
-She slowly collects all the molecule energy(sound, air moving, heat, ect) in a small area, orb with 7 meter radius, to the area surrounding the orb. The more energy she collects from people talking (why its call mute), moving around, ect the bigger the orb gets. The space inside the orb becomes like a thick fluid slowing down everything inside of it and preventing sound from forming (since it is absorbed into the outer sphere). When she runs out of energy or feels she has collected enough energy, All that energy storms to the center of the orb battering around everything inside.

Now as a ninja/assassin she has one more ability. Substitution. She can switch places with any of her shurikens as long as she has a wire (or sound wire) on it and she could physically get to that space by trailing the wire. (meaning she cannot use this ability to get pass iron bars

Though i will let you be the overall judge (i am willing to remove mute if you want...)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that would work out as you're thinking it. When I think of sound manipulation I think of the ability to change the frequency of something to make it louder or higher in pitch to cause a lot of pain. Likewise I don't think creating weapons from sounds would be plausible more than likely it would be channeled into some sort of loud shockwave. Energy absorption likewise I'm not sure if that would be a broken ability or not because in my option something like that in general is something I generally tend to stay away from. In my opinion it would be more plausible for her to be able to be able to manipulate shadows to be able to hide herself easier/using them for offensive purposes or to harness her inner energy to manipulate or do the above things like a monk.

This is what the superpower wiki has to say on sound manipulation:

Sound Manipulation

The way it is so far I'd think it sounds more like a divine gear than a power.

Also I suppose this is the best time to ask this to everyone: Are we going to be playing in America or Japan? Ethnicity doesn't matter unless you're not planning on starting off as a member of the house yet. For those who for some reason don't want to start off as a chess piece then I will make an event with a fallen angel be the starting focal point.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that would work out as you're thinking it. When I think of sound manipulation I think of the ability to change the frequency of something to make it louder or higher in pitch to cause a lot of pain. Likewise I don't think creating weapons from sounds would be plausible more than likely it would be channeled into some sort of loud shockwave. Energy absorption likewise I'm not sure if that would be a broken ability or not because in my option something like that in general is something I generally tend to stay away from. In my opinion it would be more plausible for her to be able to be able to manipulate shadows to be able to hide herself easier or to harness her inner energy to manipulate or do the above things like a monk.

Also I suppose this is the best time to ask this to everyone: Are we going to be playing in America or Japan? Ethnicity doesn't matter unless you're not planning on starting off as a member of the house yet. For those who for some reason don't want to start off as a chess piece then I will make an event with a fallen angel be the starting focal point.
Well I'm not sure I want to start off as a chess piece I'm trying to think that maybe my character can injure a fallen not too bad but impressive enough for a human which could make the king wanna see what kind of devil he'd be
I think Japan should be where it takes place

Alright then how would you go about doing that without your enhanced abilities though? Would the angel underestimate you? If you like I'll let you handle your event. Though a member of the group would probably need to be there to see it be my king, queen, or rook/pawn guy who's yet to be decided.

Alright then how would you go about doing that without your enhanced abilities though? Would the angel underestimate you? If you like I'll let you handle your event. Though a member of the group would probably need to be there to see it be my king, queen, or rook/pawn guy who's yet to be decided.
Yea I would expect the fallen to underestimate him play around at first and I would like for a member of the group to see I was thinking of running into a construction site and dropping some steel girders on the fallen ... Thinking he has killed it he walks away only to notice the fallen is still alive .. He picks up a large concrete block to throw at the fallen showing he is really physically strong since I plan for him to be a rook but is pierced through the chest multiple times before he can throw it and his arms get smashed as the block falls on his arms as he "dies" until he's saved
When he is brought back he has to learn to control his vibration power and it could get him in comical trouble

Will this have comical moments or more serious I get the feeling it won't be like the anime especially due to it being a harem anime

I was going to argue this but im getting push back about this power idea from another rp too. I did not want to be a copy cat but i guess i could base my powers off of shadows. (though that has been done before)

Alright fair enough also remember there is also the bishop chess piece which plays the healer role of the group but if you're set on knight feel free to coutinue on with your current suit. I should have the OOC up by the end of the day. Right now I'm playing with my yugioh monarch deck and I had some rather remarkably bad luck. I literally draw half my deck and I don't get the ONE card I need and when I do I make a risky move and misplay costing me the duel.

Alright fair enough also remember there is also the bishop chess piece which plays the healer role of the group but if you're set on knight feel free to coutinue on with your current suit. I should have the OOC up by the end of the day. Right now I'm playing with my yugioh monarch deck and I had some rather remarkably bad luck. I literally draw half my deck and I don't get the ONE card I need and when I do I make a risky move and misplay costing me the duel.
Well if we are allowed more then one character I have an idea for a female bishop

Go ahead as long as we don't have an abundance of people I'll allow a second character for one or two people.

Ooc Link

It's not finished as I could touch it up a bit more but I made the basic stuff. I chose to make King Aster's history as vague as possible while still showing that I'm not asking for too much in case people complain about me not being able to write as much (it's happened before).

Also sorry for the uncreative name for the main house didn't know what else to name it. Though I did take the original name from the wiki.

Last edited:
Wait now... I thought the rook was the tank and the knight was the speedster (because the knight is the only piece that could jump over players in chess)

I mean even in the show, the little girl was the most durable thing on that show while kiba was fast and skilled. Granted they both were strong, but i dont think aggro is the best description of the knight chess piece. And even you take it for face value.

Your comparing a castle wall to a horse...
R u still creating a character

Due to the likely chance Ace and Monica have decided not to join I wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in this. Iroh and Unyielding are still in this at the time of my posting this.

Which idea did you decide to go with because I may want to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.