High School Bites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mae's eyes widened only a little at his answer to her cutesy question but chuckled at his sarcastic comment. "Yes. Poor Nicole." She agreed, sounding sarcastic as well. However, she actually meant that and didn't need to act it out. Mae could care less about haw pained Nicole felt. A light blush dusted her cheeks when Nathan took a lock of her hair and moved it to behind one of her ears. For some reason she couldn't explain, her heart skipped a beat when he did this. Strange. I feel... funny somehow. She thought to herself, but shrugged it off. Listening to what he said next Mae crossed her arms over her chest. "Of course I would! I love you after all." The second those words left her mouth, Mae realized she had just told someone she loved them in front of a huge crowd. Fuck. Mae smiled before standing on her tip toes and leaning in towards him.

Mae lightly kissed his wounded cheek then turned her beck to him, clasping her hands together behind her. "See ya!" She said before walking off towards her classroom. He didn't see, but Mae's face was as red as a tomato. The minute she departed from the crowd, Mae took off at a run and didn't stop until she reached her Math class. Resting her head against the wall beside the door, Mae took deep breaths and calmed herself. If I'd known my life would have took a turn for the worst today, I wouldn't have gotten up. She thought, but her fingers rested against her forehead where he kissed her. A small smile showed itself, and Mae stared at the ground. "He felt warm and gentle..." She muttered to herself. Realizing what she was doing, Mae quickly slapped her cheeks at the same time then entered the classroom and walked over to her seat. I need to focus. She scolded herself as she pulled out her books.

Even though there weren't many things in the world that could leave Nathan Kane speechless, that did. He just couldn't find a smart ass answer, or even something simple to keep their acting. It was a real surprised being told that she loved him. Of course, he knew it was just part of the little scene they were making in front of everyone staring at them, but he just couldn't take it normally. And the kiss didn't help. "See ya..." muttered back at her, although she was already far enough to listen. He just bit his lower lip seeing her go away, and had to shake his head to go back to reality.

He had literature that period, and just walked over there, even if he didn't really feel like going to classes. The next hour and a half had been... pretty weird. Dan, who he considered something similar to a best friend, had skipped classes, and nobody dared to say a word to him the whole time. Normally, people just wanted to start a conversation with him, but all he got that time were people muttering to each others things that, even if they thought he couldn't hear, he could. And he really preferred not to do it... he was getting sick of hearing such awful things of a girl like Mae. And he just couldn't get mad in there... or someone might even get hurt.

Before he could even focus on anything related to the task he was supposed to do, the class was over. It was lunch time, and as he walked out to go the dining room, he spotted Dan running behind Nicole. Jesus, how stupid he was? He rolled his eyes and kept walking his way to get some food. Already in there, he didn't find anyone he at least partially enjoyed their company, and so he found a table for himself.

As the hour continued, Mae was able to forget about Nathan and focused only on Math. Grades always came first, and everything else was after that. She became lost in her own world, where it was only her and the teacher. She got all the answers and understood everything. No surprise though. All her life, Mae had loved solving problems and studying had become a hobby. She would hear whispers here and there about the facade between Mae and Nathan everyone believed, but her attention would be snagged by the teacher every time. Although she was enjoying herself, the bell rung which meant it was lunch. Sighing softly, she stood up from her desk and exited the room.

Walking into the the lunch room, Mae carried a lunch box in hand and made sure it was close to her. She had her lunch stolen in the past by bullies but figured out to solve that problem during her freshman year. She could feel people eyeing her and heard many whispering. No doubt about her or the facade between Nathan and herself. Knowing she wouldn't be able to have a piece of mind in the Cafeteria, she exited and made her way to the school garden out back. She walked to the middle of the garden before finding the white Gazebo. Sitting on one of it's two benches, Mae unzipped her bag and pulled out a ham and cheese sandwich first. Flowers and trees surrounded her, as well as the sound and smell of nature. It put her worries to rest and Mae was able to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.