High fantasy books

S

Slayer

Original poster
just wondered if some of you read the book-series "a song of ice and fire" and " "the wheel of time" because i finished the song of ice and fire some months ago and Im really deep into book 3 of the wheel of time :D so far I found both series to be totally awesome

Malazan Book of the Fallen.

perhaps not high fantasy. but fucking awesome fantasy.

Slayer, I get the feeling you and I will be great friends, heh. The Wheel of Time is one of my favorite series ever, and I finished the new one days after it was released. However, I have not read A Song of Ice and Fire, but I just looked it up, and I may give it a shot. I recommend Dragonlance, as well, and the DeathGate Cycle, both by Margrett Weis and Tracey Hickman (they both worked on both series together).

I can defenitly recommended you A song of ice and fire if you liked the wheel of time, its not that hmmmm lets call it "fantasy-heavy" its more realistic at start and depends on heavy character development. Additionaly its a world that feels whole and kind of realistic....anyway I am kind of trailing off but its still a great read :D

LOVE ME SOME WHEEL OF TIME.

Actually been meaning to start a Wheel of Time RP soon.

EXPECT IT...

Also, I've read the first book of A Song of Fire and Ice. It's epic.

I read Wheel of Time back when I was in high school. I was really into it and even played the Wizard of the Coast d20 RPG version of it. Hell, I even played the FUZION RPG version of it before Wizards ever went into development.

I've since come to the conclusion that Robert Jordan is (was) paid by the word and macro'd several key phrases such as "beneath her breasts" and "Nynaeve tugs on her braid." After book 7, I just got so bored by the damn series and the fact that it never went anywhere.

Now I'm looking for another high fantasy series to delve into. Two in particular caught my attention, but before I start reading these long-winded series, tell me if anyone's heard good or bad about The Night Angel Trilogy or the Ranger's Apprentice series?

You should find a primer on what's happened since book 7, and start with "The Gathering Storm," the first Wheel of Time book since Robert Jordan's death. The quality of writing leaped up, mostly because things are happening again.

In the latest book, "The Towers of Midnight," I totally love what's happened to Rand.

Just wanted to state that I'm still only at book 3 so no spoilers pls^^

people who spoiler will defenitly go to hell i heard.......

Ahem.. currently reading The House of Night Series by P.C. Cast. really good, but I still like Rachel Mead's series of The Vampire Academy Series even more. Then there's His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman. Yay for books! : ) I could list a lot more I'm reading now, but that would take up all the space in this box.

night angel series fucking rocks hard raz. I've read the first two, and am desperate to get my hands on the third and read it.

GREAT books.